main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Dragon*Con 2007

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by BFett333, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    I thought I'd start a new thread for costumes for Dragon*Con next year. This past D*C I only took 5 and it was nowhere near enough. You honestly can get away with at least 5 with room for more. The "problem" comes when too many things happen at the same time that you want to have costumes for. I'm not sure I'd really worry about planning too many costumes around certain events this time except for the Parade and whatever night we decide to do the Imperial Pub Staff gear.

You can basically divide your costumes up in to day and night costumes. The night ones you sort of want to have a little less bulky and cumbersome. Some of the gatherings are hard to move around in at night. Sometimes the gatherings have themes. This past year there was a toga party, but it didn't matter if you wore one or not. I'll keep my eyes open when it gets closer too for any things like that.

Sooooo....what's everyone planning on?

2. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    hmmm so far just off the top of my head.

anna from van helsing
    moulin rouge (not sure which one)
    ever after
    fireside
    maybe harry potter
    might do a new LOTR
    maybe a serenity costume, possibly Inara's (sp) shindig costume

hmmm had thoughts of others but can't remember any

3. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    oh yeah maybe a super hero costume

4. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    It's sooooo hard to decide.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to try to take non armored costumes....or less armored ones this time. That way I can pack more. And I think I'll see if I can get a second suitcase the same size as the biggest one I already have and use those two instead of the big one and one size smaller. And something else that I learned on this last journey....some of the suitcases that are made to be for carry on don't necessary fit in the overhead bins and therefore need to be checked, but that doesn't count as one of your checked bags because it's not your fault it fits on one plane and not another. Sooooo.....I'm totally bringing my carry on that matches and fits a ton of stuff and if it doesn't fit...they'll check it! WOOT!

For whatever reason, the first plane from Edmonton to Chicago is a smaller plane than the one from Chicago to Atlanta. Weird, I know. It was the same when we went to Chicago on the way to Indy. So the carry ons - the suitcase kinds - won't fit on the Edmonton-Chicago flights but will on the Atlanta flights. Just something else to keep in mind.

5. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    good to know, need as much space as possible :p gonna try to not take too many with lots of boots they take up too much space or bulky cloaks. but we'll see.

oh yeah gonna take slave leia. my mom actually asked me yesterday if i wore anything under it :p

6. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Haha....she's probably been wondering that for awhile but didn't know how to ask....

Yeah....footwear was definitely a challenge....although it's amazing how much you can pack in a boot.

I'm hoping to take Darth Nihilus, Jawa, Darth Revan, Ysanne Isard and the burgundy battle gear which all could use the same boots. Oooooo....maybe the TIE....could use the same boots too! It's like a game now....how many costumes can I get away with one pair of boots? hehehe

7. Domino_Leia

Domino_Leia Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2005
    I am thinking on doing the Travesty Moulin Rouge dress, but other than that, not sure. I had a bunch of Star Wars costumes all planned, but now I don't really need to do them cause D*Con has so much more variety. Oh, I'd like to have my pirate all done for it as well. So that's two . . . .stay tuned for more. :p

I've played the shoe game three times so far. My feast shoes go with my feast dress, my Leia, and my Ariel. And chances are, I'll wear them with my Eowyn for the next feast.

8. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Only 301 days until Dragon*Con! It's August 31 - September 3. You can buy your passes for $45.00 until November 15th. Then it's $50 until February 15th. $60.00 from then until May 15th. $70.00 from then until July 15th and then $85.00 thereafter.

9. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    gonna get mine right away, totally forgot my cousin lives in Atlanta.

when should we be booking our hotel room?

10. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Hmmmmm.....I know it was winter.....and I was at the other office so sometime between now and February...hahaha. As soon as the website shows who the host hotels are for 2007 - they'll be the same - that's when they will have the blocks reserved for the convention. And then you've gotta pounce. If you're at all unsure about numbers, get as many rooms as you need. You can always cancel without penalty or I can find a 501st member to switch the reservation over to. We did that this past year.

11. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Ladies,

Erin has decided that she won't be going to DC in 2007 sooooooo......I need a volunteer to fill a spot on a team that Erin won't be able to fill...~sniffle.....~

It involves making another costume. It's a simple one though. You'll have to come up with a name and you'll belong to Team Evil. The names already are Dread, Fangs and of course, Erin is Malice.

Anyone interested? Hmmmmm????? [face_devil]

12. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    hmmmmmm maybe :p

thats too bad Erin isn't coming :(

13. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    I know....it'll be my first big convention without her! ~sniffle~

Okay Liann.....no fence sitting....are you in or out....[face_devil]

14. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    um.. umm... all this pressure... probably in :p

i already get told i'm evil all the time :p

15. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    You can't be a wishy-washy fence sitter and be on Team Evil, girlie!

16. ms_ventress

ms_ventress Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2004
    yeah you can be Team Evil Liann... it was fun!... a bit evil... but fun :) hehehhehe bwhahahah.

17. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    What would be a good name for her, Erin?

18. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    lol but i'm always a wishy washy fence sitter :p

ok i'm in. what kind of a costuem do i need?

19. Domino_Leia

Nov 4, 2005
    lol There's a lot of peer pressure in this thread all of the sudden. lol I'd be in if Liann bails on going to the dark side. Let me know if there's a place for me. :) If not, that's cool too.

20. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Ohhhhh...I'm sure we can find a place for you somewhere on Team Evil, Kyla.....but we only need three fighters. Think up a name, chickadee......

Liann...we'll discuss it the next time we're together.

21. Domino_Leia

Nov 4, 2005
    I can be a back up person, in case I happen to push Liann down the stairs. :p I will think of a name. :D

22. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Whoohooo!! Kyla has the right attitude for Team Evil!

23. Domino_Leia

Nov 4, 2005
  24. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    i have a name for you, how about back stabber :p

i've been told i should go with Venom

25. SHAAK_GG

SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2005
    Inspiration came from the top villian of Spider-Man 3?

[image=http://http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2482/1162924633943ji2.jpg]

Yup, that is the real deal too. I also have a pic of Goblin 2 and Sandman, I will post those sometime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.