main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Dreams (Obidala - Post Episode III) - Repost!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AERYN_SUN, Mar 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Author: Obi's Girl
    Title: Dreams
    Rating: PG-13
    Summary: Set during Episode III, after Anakin has turned to the dark side. Obi-Wan & Padmé escape Naboo/ or Coruscant; Padmé comforts Obi-Wan after he 'feels' the death of the Council and ultimate destruction of the Jedi, but he ends up comforting Padmé instead.
    Disclaimer: We all know SW belongs to GL.

Padmé closed her eyes as she watched the stars above her in streaks. How quickly things had begun to deteriorate. Months ago, she was carefree, now she seemed ages older but wiser in a sense. Her friends, her family, they were all gone but most of all, the Jedi, guardians of the light, were dead. Even though she wasn?t a Jedi, she felt their pain as they were slaughtered one by one.

Obi-Wan felt it too. She saw him collapse in the cockpit and cry out, gritting his teeth. She ran to his side, holding him but he only pushed her away. Afterwards, he helped him out of the cockpit and into the medical Bay of the ship. He reluctantly rested on the bed, shaking violently. As she rose from his side, he grabbed her hand and she knelt down again, smiling.

She loosened her hand from his, stood up and grabbed a glass of water and knelt down in front of him again. Obi-Wan smiled, taking the glass from her but she only frowned. He scowled, his eyes lost, murmuring, ?It was Anakin. He did it.?

Padmé didn?t reply, except listen. ?I thought because he was dead, I wouldn?t be connected to him anymore. I was wrong.?

They were quiet for a time. Padmé looked away briefly, crying silently. All her life, all she ever wanted was a simple life. She would retire from the political scene, live in the countryside of Naboo with her husband and children in a cabin. The fields of Naboo were very beautiful, outlined by a grand waterfall and river. Now, her dreams were at an end. She turned back to Obi-Wan; his face was stoned. He noticed her again as she leaned forward and hugged him tightly, crying.

?I don?t know yet what we?re going to do, Padmé but I promise you, you will have that simple life again. I promise.? He whispered, rocking her in the bed.

She nodded, ?No, I won?t.? Padmé let go of him, wiping away her tears.

He grasped her hands, kissing them. ?Padmé, you have to believe.? He let go of her hands and placed his right over her stomach and smiled. ?Things will get better.?

Padmé blinked, looking away again, crying, ?I?m pregnant. Pregnant.? She faced him again, ?How can that be a blessing? They?ll never know their father; never have a normal life. They can?t dream for a day without darkness, because that?s how thing will always be.?

?Padmé, listen to me. You have to believe; believe in Me.? he questioned, holding her arms. She nodded yes, tears stinging her eyes. ?I can?t tell how long you?ve been pregnant, because I don?t know when??

?I know.? She murmured, ?Anakin and I?before he left to fight in the war, we were together. It would be the last time he would hold me in his arms?? Padmé choked back a cry, falling to the floor. ?Oh Sithspawn, Obi-Wan!? He stood up from the bed, holding her as she cried. ?It?s like he isn?t even alive anymore; I can?t feel him. He?ll never be there. I?ll never see his sweet eyes again or get to hold his children.?

He shushed her, rocking her body again. ?Everything will be all right. It will be all right.?

She defiantly nodded her again and again, not listening to his words, even though it was comforting to have him near. She had lost everything; her love, her life but he were still there and always be there. Obi-Wan would never leave her; never abandon or tell her lies. They had both lost so much; she should blame him for turning but he knew it was his fault and already carried the burden of taking care of her and her children.

Obi-Wan raised his hand, brushing away some loose strands of hair from her face as she stared up at him. On a second pass, Padmé caught his hand and kissed his palm. Always there to kiss away her tears. Suddenly, Padmé leaned forward, kissing him lightly. Obi-Wan pulled away, s

2. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Beauitful. Keep up the good work!!

3. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Awww...*sob*...beautiful post there :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.