main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DREAMS OF THE FUTURE (NJO, Jaina/Jag, DARK TIDE: RUIN tie in,Vignettes) THE EYES 3/12/03

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TKeira_Lea, Feb 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    This shouldn't be on pg.9

UP

2. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Good Morning!

astro: Loosen up, Jag!

We don't get that until Echoes

rogue11: Thank you, thank you!

X-AverySolo: :) thanks as well

NYCitygurl: Long time no see. Welcome back and thanks.

More this week

ZR: [face_love]

red: Page 9 *gasp* thanks for the up

3. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    TKL, I've been here, been reading for the past couple of days, just havn't been able to get onto my mom's computer to let you know. Fried the keyboard on my computer, so I'm around quite a bit and you just can't see me :)
    I adore this story and will be here until the end!

4. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Shinar: Thanks for making time. Hope your computer gets fixed! *keeps finger crossed for you*

5. collywolly

collywolly Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 22, 2002
    I love this story so much and I can't wait for more:)

6. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    collywolly: Thanks!

7. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    page 5 is too low...

UP!!!!!

8. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    LTS: thanks for the bump! It's better than 9 like this weekend though.

Posting tomorrow The Eyes, where Jag and Jaina meet on the Tafanda Bay

9. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    This post is dedicated to my dad. It's his birthday. He checks in from time to time so everyone say, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!"

Thanks to Zara_Rose for proofing it. [face_love]

This takes place in Chapter 24 during the reception on the Tafanda Bay, which is portrayed in Ruin from Jaina's POV. This time we see it from Jag's POV. Hope you enjoy!

THE EYES

Jag walked toward the dais with a crisp formality to his step, perfected from years of practice at the Academy. Behind him trailed a dozen blue-skinned Chiss, his adopted comrades. He held his wiry build up tall beneath his black uniform, adorned with the blood red stripes running along his pant legs and cuffing his sleeves.

Jag mounted the dais at a step, leaving the Chiss in their white uniforms to file along the front of the platform below him. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see them snap to attention as they turned to the stage in unison. In that same glance, his eye was drawn to a pair of robed figures heading through the crowd in the direction of the dais. One was a tall man, who would have been stunningly handsome in his black and gray attire if not for the vivid scar running the length of his face.

The second figure was a petite form wrapped in a blue robe. The robe grabbed his attention, igniting a fleeting memory; the face kept it. Framed by brown flowing locks, the face was none other than that of Jaina Solo. In the second Jag had to process the information as she passed out of view, he realized she was wearing the distinctive attire of a Jedi, much like he had observed Master Luke Skywalker and his wife wearing before they, too, had entered the hall.

The discovery that Jaina Solo was a Jedi rocked Jag to the very foundation of his being. The thought had never occurred to him before, when his mind wandered to her over the last couple of hours since meeting his uncle. He was not sure why this truth had affected him so. What Jag could not shake was the vivid image of the haunting dream replaying in his mind. Her eyes reflected the brilliant violet rays emanating from the sword of light grasped in her hand. Now, Jag had no choice but to see those eyes for himself and thrust this frivolous sidebar from his mind once and for all.

Jag pushed the thoughts out of his mind as he reached Relal Tawron. He bowed sharply before taking his hand. The Ithorian high priest turned to introduce Jag to Borsk Fey?lya, but Jag had already moved, bypassing the Chief of State?s Cabinet as well. Chiss society was based on a strict code of honor and truth. Power was earned through strength and actions. The lies and deception inherent in politicians was beneath everything the Chiss stood for, acknowledging their presence would only lower himself to their level.

Jag stopped again at Admiral Kre?fey and executed a stiffly formal bow. The Bothan admiral accepted his proffered hand. Jag continued down the line shaking each hand in turn, starting with Colonel Darklighter, the commander of Rogue Squadron. The New Republic colonel was courteous as he took Jag?s hand, but his face revealed the confusion for Jag?s actions. Jag did not worry that a ?Rebel? could not fathom the honor required to live among the Chiss.

Next in line was the Jedi Master Luke Skywalker. Jag acknowledged the man for his prowess as a warrior, and the honor required to sacrifice so much for the good of others. His people held these values in high esteem. Taking the man?s hand, he looked into his eyes and was drawn to the undeniable power lying beneath the surface. A Jedi, to the best of Jag?s knowledge, relied on a mysterious gift called the Force and should not be taken lightly. It should not have been unexpected that the daughter of Leia Organa Solo, the sister to this powerful Jedi, would have Force skills as well; it was a well-known fact that the ability was usually inherited.

Jag moved on to accept the hand of Mara Skywalker, a Jedi Master in her own right, and wife of the Jedi leader. This man and woman were

10. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    bravo- very excellent viggies! i really liked this one! :D

11. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    jags_gurl Why thank you! The last two were really fun.

12. collywolly

collywolly Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 22, 2002
    That was great. :) I can't wait for the last post. :D

13. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Gosh golly Collywolly

Thanks!

:D

14. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Wonderful, TKL. This just keeps getting better and better.

Hehe, Jag was jealous of Ganner. I remember while reading Ruin that there seemed to be undercurrents between Jag and Ganner. I love your take on the whole thing.

15. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    red: Why thanks. I think Ganner had the hots for Jaina all along personally.

16. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    ?They?re politicians.? LOL.

i absolutely love the way u do jag's thoughts. it's really great.

17. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    up you go so people know you are fresh and hot off the presses

18. Jedida

Jedida Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    great post! gotta love Jag... but no! he's gotta know she's not into ganner! ah!

19. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    JJ00: I must have missed you when I was posting. Thanks. It was kind of fun to give him a reason to go after the politicians. That line is actually straight out of the book, but now I feel like he has a motive. Hee hee

Jedida: I guess he finds out the truth eventually ;)

20. ROGUE_49

ROGUE_49 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    Wow! That was great TK. Left me practically speechless.

Just in case there is anyone over here who isn't reading ECHOES, and since I know that Tk doesn't mind the plug- I posated the third part to my Corran Horn viggie.
    :)

Oh and btw- "HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!"

you're so lucky TK! I wish my dad would read my stuff. He's not totally unsupportive of my writing, but believes I should be writing somehting to make money and doesn't show much of an interst in anything that won't have a publisher's check attatched. I'm only 18 years-old for Pete's sake. This is just for fun! I'm not going to be a writer so i might as well have fun while I can. It's nice to see how you can appreciate your parents for their support and encouragement as well.

Can't wait for the last viggie- this set is definitely going into my personal archive.

-Rogue :D

21. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    R49: Plug away!

Thanks for the kind words and I forwarded a link to this page for my dad ;)

22. Jaina-Solo-Fel13

Jaina-Solo-Fel13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2002
    awwwwww...That was VERY good TKL!!!! So the other jedi was...Kyp? Just a guess. ;) I loved that. So captivating.

23. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    JSF13: The other Jedi was Ganner. :)

24. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    that was great! is there going to be another one after "The Eyes"?

25. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Awesome post! I love this idea!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TKL'S DAD!!!

~Rogue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.