main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Dreams to Achieve

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediSaralyn, Mar 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediSaralyn

JediSaralyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    This is my first attempt at a fan fiction so far...but I hope to have more in the future.

Everyday he walked below the Jedi Temple and thought /oh, how beautiful and perfect it is, why can?t everything on Coruscant have that level of perfection./ Everyday he would walk the streets of the worst parts of Coruscant only to be awed and amazed at such architectural designs. /It just isn?t fair for those people to be living in such opulence while people like me are stuck in the ultimate slums of any world./

Lorn Pavan went through these thoughts everyday on his way to work, if it could even be called work.

He would look for people that were out of place. People form the upper levels hanging around on the street could only mean one thing.

They had something to sell.

Lorn?s entire existence rested on finding these people and utilizing their desperation. Only the people the highly dangerous and extremely confidential information came all the way down the ground level of Coruscant.

It was a dangerous place for up-level dwellers to visit. They did not know enough to survive; which was to a big advantage to information brokers like Lorn and many others. They want to get out of there as fast as possible considering it is dangerous and most of the sellers aren?t even supposed to know the information they are selling; which makes them which to get rid of it much sooner, and perhaps for a lower price.

This was his job, he wasn?t proud of it, but it allowed him to survive and he was damn good at it.
    That day as he was walking beneath the beautiful Jedi Temple he was thinking his usual thoughts. /What if I had the power to become a Jedi? What would my life had been like then?/ Lorn idealized the Jedi, he knew all about the teachings, the way they were trained, what the temple looked like inside---although he had never been inside.

Being an information broker had its advantages, namely being able to find any information rather quickly. Lorn knew the right channels, he was a looked up to professional, if there is such a thing in that line of work.
    He helped out youngsters trying to make a living as he had started many years ago, since he was ten or eleven he remembered. He had been on his own for a long time. His parents left the world to go on some kind of tropical getaway that they had won. They left and never looked back. Lorn came home one day and they were gone, no noted, nothing. That is when he turned to a life of crime on the nasty streets of Coruscant.

That morning seemed different, like something was going to happen. /How would I know if something were to happen, I can?t see the future?/ Whenever he had thought like these Lorn always shot them down. /Thoughts such as these are for the Jedi, not for a person like me./

/I must think about the Jedi too often to be having these feelings. I?ve got to stop pretending like there is a chance for me anywhere but down here./ If bottom-dwellers were allowed to have dreams to aspire to, Lorn's was to be a part of the Jedi world. He knew that he would never get to be a Jedi but if only he could work alongside them. He wouldn?t mind being scum on the temple floor, that is how highly he thought of them.

In the hours after he woke up, Lorn continued to have a foreboding sense of warning and danger, although it wasn?t quite something he could put his finger on.

Lorn made his way to the grungy restaurant where he was supposed to meet a prospective seller. It promised to be a big sell??if he could find a taker.

He took a seat at booth nine and awaited the arrival of his companion. /He's late, this is not a good sign./ Lorn hated having to wait for people. The seller wanted to see him, Lorn made the effort to be on time, so why couldn?t the seller make that same effort?

Lorn looked up from the menu he was pretending to ponder over and saw the sell

2. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Excellant start! I loved the thoughts Lorn had as he looked up at the temple, wondering what his life might have been like. If this is your first attempt at fanfic you'd never be able to tell! :)

3. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Great start, Sara. I can't wait to see where this goes!

4. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    I've said it once and I'll say it again.

I love this story. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.