main
side
curve

Memph, TN "Drive-In Night V" - June 26th, 2004 - 6:30 PM

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by TK_1427, Jun 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK_1427

TK_1427 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2003
    OK I'll start the thread since I can :) Anyway, what are we gonna do other than the movies? Cookout? Anything else need to be done? If we're doing a cookout again, I'll bring the burgers and some pop.

Chuck

2. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    I'm bringing the 3-D glasses and DVD for Shrek 3-D!

Oh, and some sodas and munchies...

3. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    What's the movie? Will someone PLEASE email me the schedule? Should I make more cake?

4. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    May 22nd...STAR WARS EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE

June 26th...GALAXY QUEST

July 10th...THE FIFTH ELEMENT

August 28th...RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK

September 11th...GHOSTBUSTERS

October 9th...SLEEPY HOLLOW

Does that help?

5. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 15, 1999
    I'm so glad you posted that, Lin. I needed to request off for next month and the SMT site is one of the growing number that my computer will not load. [face_frustrated]

6. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    September 11th eh?

I see possibilities...

7. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    No prob, Traci. I've had to start writing things on my calendar at work because events tend to overlap.

This next Drive-In should be a lot of fun. Most folks should know what to expect now, and Tim doesn't have to rush to finish the screen!

8. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    WonderPants sez, "September 11th eh?"

I thought it was ironic to show a movie in which the entire top of a builing explodes on that date, too. Of course, it was moronic of me to make that connection.

I'll be bringin' out some stuff to display about Ghostbusters, if ya'll would like.

Because I'm all Nerdy like that...

9. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    The Dork Vader says, "Does that help?"

I says, "Fer sure!" I printed it out and am going to clip it and past it in my car!

10. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    Kevin definetly bring Ghostbuster stuff, it'll help set the mood. Any chance we'll be getting a visit from slimer?

11. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    Slimer?

Ask and ye shall receive.

I'll bring along a couple'a fun things, I reckon!

12. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    "Ask and ye shall receive."

Naughty Nurses! Nah, if Traci hasn't brought any by yet...

(In jedi voice while waving hand slowly in front of him) "You will wear the Ghostbusters costume..."

13. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 15, 1999
    Naughty Nurses! Nah, if Traci hasn't brought any by yet...

My grandparents like country music and I watched a few hours of CMT while they were here. (I got tired of hearing about Fmr. Pres. Reagan....so sue me. :p) Anyway, have you seen the video for "Redneck Woman?" That's the crowd that I work with. Sorry dude - they don't even know what fishnets are. [face_laugh]

<H*ll yeah!!>

14. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    'That 70's Show' had Kitty(the mom) and a nurses convention. Hyde hooks up with a naughty nurse!

I guess I'll just have to keep making that road trip to Florida in October!

15. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    (In jedi voice while waving hand slowly in front of him) "You will wear the Ghostbusters costume..."
    -------------------------------------
    Maybe, but I hope to have a naughty nurse on display in my pants...

...what?! I mean that she's WEARING my pants!
    You people and your dirty minds!

16. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    BTW:

June 8, 2004 was the official date of the 20th anniversary of Ghostbusters.

YAY!

17. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Good Lord, has it been that long??? :eek: [face_worried]

18. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    *picks up cane, holds back, stands very wobbily, walks over.*

Yep, 't has, whippersnapper!!

*falls over, breaks a hip.*

19. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I think Ernie Hudson has made a deal with the devil- the man actually looks as young/younger now than he did then! Maybe he's got a portrait of Dorian Grey in his attic...

20. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Let's hope that the weather for the next drive-in night will be like tonight. It's not too bad out there right now.

I set the screen up last Saturday night to show Traci's Grandparents their old home movies which I transfered to digital. They really enjoyed it, and were impressed by the screen. They said they were going to have to brag about it in Florida.

How about we charge 5 bucks a head at the door and get pizza and drinks instead of cooking out for the next one? It's going to be too damned hot to stand over a grill.

21. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Works for me- one less thing I'd have to remember to bring! Heck, $5 will get you a whole PIZZA!PIZZA! at little Ceasars! (Hey, I'm a bachelor!)

Actually, with that and some canned sodas in coolers and we'd be good. Folks could bring anything special they wanted for themselves.

Man, the weather last weekend was great in Knoxville and Chattanooga. It was actually cooler to ride around with the windows down than running the a/c at the park outside of Gatlinburg.

22. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Tim, instead of charging $5 a head, let's just leave it as a pot luck or bring your own munchies/drinks/cooler/chairs kinda thing. I'll be sure to bring a few extras just in case some folks show up who didn't know. That way we keep from getting any flack about charging to watch it. If they want pizza, they can bring it with them.

23. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    It shouldn't be a problem as far as flack for watching the movie, as this is for the pizza. I've seen a few other fanforce's "charge" for the food. In actuality, we aren't charging for the food. Everyone is putting in $5 dollars for a pizza. :)

24. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    Why grill at all? Cold sandwiches work well, too! Someone can bring bread, someone can bring condiments, someone can bring meats. Just put up a list somewhere of what we need/want and let folks bring it. Heck, there's a TON of things folks can bring along.

If we do hot dogs, just pop 'em in the microwave or boil 'em, or maybe use a fryer/hotplate thingy for burger patties if those are a huge must. Some folks might even have a tasty casserole they might wanna share.

I suppose I need to make a bigger cake this time, though, huh?

Lots of ideas and things can be did for eating that night; or just have folks bring their own food or eat before getting there.

Of course, all you can eat pizza for $5 isn't bad, either...that's cheaper than Cici's Pizza...unless we run out, then I have to turn to cannibalism which Lin wouldn't like since he has to ride home with me and people make me gassy...

25. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Dude, YOU make you gassy!

I'm cool with it either way, we just need to make sure we post it on the site and/or tell everyone we invite. I'd hate for anyone to be surprised by it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.