main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN "Drive-In Night V" - June 26th, 2004 - 6:30 PM

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by TK_1427, Jun 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    I'm voting for easy, my friends. Anyway, by the time you ask someone to pick up a case of sodas and a couple of bags of chips for a potluck, (or whatever else you ask someone to bring), they're going to be out more than a fiver, (not to mention what they'd spend in gas at 2 bucks a gallon). (I know that I was out at least 30 bucks for the last Drive-In Night by the time I bought paper plates, cups, and the meat.) I felt that, this way, it would be cheaper and easier on everyone.

And it's been 98 merfing degrees outside lately. I don't want a flaming pit in my backyard! I saw a fly burst into flames yesterday. So help me, it burst into flames.

And don't I have the Eddie Murphy's Dad Rule on my side in this case?

You know....

"This is MY house. If you don't like it, get the f out!"

:p :p :p

(If you're scratching your head and not getting the joke, you need to rent Eddie Murphy's comedy movie (or album) Delirious.)

Anyway, where else can you get pizza and a flick for five bucks?

2. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Or I could put it a bit nicer, I guess...

Do you have a Flag? No flag, no potluck. Those are the rules...which I just made up. And I have this gun that was lent to me from the National Rifle Association to back me up.

3. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Hey, these aren't my rules...come to think of it, I don't have any rules!

I can understand on the flaming pit thing!

Just make sure we have it posted on the website to bring a $5er for pizza, as well as a chair or blanket, and any adult beverages they want. That way between this forum and that everyone should be in the know.

Really looking forward to this. The last one was a blast!

4. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    What about the flag?

5. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Newbie...

Next you'll be asking about the Twinkie- no, wait- I know you get that one!

You'll have to watch Eddie Izzard with us sometime- it's dash cunning!

In the meantime...

6. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    We'll loan it to you sometime. Well, if you're a good boy and eat all of your vegetables and don't give your mother any crap at bedtime.

7. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    "Do you like....bread?"

8. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    "Holy Ghost, this is not an episode of "Scooby Doo"."

EDIT: Whoops! Started launching back into the Eddie Izzard Quote-A-Thon! Wrong thread!

9. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    Oh, one of those 'inside joke' things? I never get those when I'm on the outside. One day...*sigh*...I'll fit in. :(

;)

10. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Don't worry about it, Kev. We'll let you in on the joke.

I just updated the site to reflect the change in dinner plans for the next Drive-In night. Let me know what y'all think.

11. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Seems fine to me!

Do we need to mention 'Shrek 3-D' in 3-D? I've got over 50 pairs of glasses for it, and it's only about 15 minutes long.

12. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I'll make the change, Lin. Hopefully, my kids will allow me to get something done on the site tonight. I also need to send out the SMT Holonet News reminder for the event.

Somebody do an "It-Ain't-Gonna-Rain" Dance!

Oh, and we have some dates to be added to the schedule! Check out the website in a few hours for an update!

13. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Cool- I need to try and work in the HaunteWeb site's photo gallery. Oh, I'll have some pics for you from the past DriveIn and past couple dinners/meetings/get-togethers I'll bring on Saturday.

The way it sounds so far it's gonna rain it's boohiney off most of the week, so maybe it'll rain itself out by then. Man, I hope it'd like this past weekend- it was gorgeous! Went to see Harry Potter Sunday and had time to kill so I walked across the parking lot to McAlister's for lunch. Enjoyed the heck outta both!

14. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I'm staying in my usual weather denial, Lin. I'm hoping for weather like yesterday.

We won't be starting until 7:30 pm this time. If anyone can help out, I will be needing a volunteer or two for audio setup at 6:30, and a couple more folks for 7:00 to hoist the screen.

15. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Uh-oh, better make a few emails and let folks know it's an hour later this go round. I'll be there early to help with the screen and sound. I've got the flag banners in my trunk.

Hey, Sal- if you think about it bring the big vinyl SMT banner. That'd be cool to hang at these events.

16. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks, Lin, for the help and for reminding me about the newsletter.

I'll be posting our inclement weather policy on the News page as well. Rhonda called me today to ask me if I've seen the forecast. Well, as always, I'm watching that merf like a crackhead looking for something to rip off. I have to decide exactly what time I will call things off if the weather is bad. I'll be posting that tonight, as well as sending out the news flash.

17. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Everyone should have an official SMT News announcement in their email boxes now. Tell me what y'all think. I was rather pleased with the flashier new format. Beats the crap out of the last text-only version.

18. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Mine went to my spam filter. ;)

It looks good!

19. DarthToddy

DarthToddy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2004
    The e-mail rocked...nearly took up my e-mail capacity

Very cool though!!

John

20. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Yeah, the picture didn't show up, but the background looked good. I think there's a limit on my email capacity.

I didn't read the "managment reserve rights", Good Lord, do we have attorneys now??? :eek:

21. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    No. I BS'ed my way through that one, especially the part about boozing it up at our events and our rights to throw someone's butt out.

I went to Father Guido Sarducci's Five-Minute University. That's where I got my degree in Law.

The pic didn't appear? I wonder why? And I'm showing the file size to be around 200Kbs. Doesn't seem like it would overfill anyone mailbox at that small size.

22. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    especially the part about boozing it up at our events and our rights to throw someone's butt out.

You didn't even have to put anything up about that, remember? It's your house. ;)

23. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Yeah, which means that, thanks to our present f-ed up system of law, I'm the one who could get sued if some dumba... idiot gets drunk, drives home, and kills a bus-load of nuns or something. I felt it was better to say something than nothing at all.

We need a lawyer to join this group.

24. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I went back and read it. It scared me. :eek: [face_laugh] C'mon. You got Johnny Cochran to write that, didn't you? You can admit it. We're friends. huh, huh??? [face_laugh]

25. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I'll take the Chewbacca Defense, thank you very much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.