main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN "Drive-In Night V" - June 26th, 2004 - 6:30 PM

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by TK_1427, Jun 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    I'll be damned....

The Weather Channel has changed its 10-Day Forecast.

Saturday is now showing partly-cloudy with a high of 83.

I'm going with it!

Tim goes back to his usual weather denial.

2. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    I think if it rains it'll be like normal Memphis weather and rain it's butt off in the early/midafternoon as things heat up or late that night. I'm in denial, too! Anyway, Fox13 this morning said it's only a 30% chance of rain....

3. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    The Weather Channel has dropped it down to a 10% chance for Saturday. I'm going with that opinion!

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    And the merfs are now back to saying it's going to rain. They waffle back and forth more than Bill Clinton.

Keep an eye out on our website, y'all. If the weather forces us to cancel, then it'll be posted there around 3:30 pm.

5. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    And once again it changes.....

I hope the rest of today is just like it is right now. If so, we're in for a good evening. The forecast has changed yet again, and this time in our favor!

And now on to things not being in our favor:
    The blasted Commercial Appeal, once again, screwed up when they posted our event info:

Star Wars Fan Club plans series of movies
    By Tim Brown, Special to East Memphis Appeal
    June 3, 2004

The Memphis Area Star Wars Fan Club is preparing for its summer film series. All films will be shown at the Summer Avenue Drive-In (outdoor movie screen), and all will begin at dusk.

This season's lineup includes:

June 26 - "Galaxy Quest"

July 10 - "The Fifth Element"

Aug. 28 - "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

Sept. 11 - "Ghostbusters"

Oct. 9 - "Sleepy Hollow"

(rain dates to be announced)

For more information, call Tim Brown at 268-5585 or check the Web site www.suspiciousmindtrick.net .

Tim Brown is president of the local Star Wars fan club.

What is wrong with this picture?

THE FRIGGING SERIES ISN'T BEING HELD AT THE SUMMER DRIVE-IN!!!!!

AAAARRRRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

From what I could find, this went out in the East Memphis, Cordova, and Midtown/Downtown Appeal editions. What's worse is that they listed me as the author. I just submitted the information. If I had known that those jackasses would screw up, (which, considering that they listed us as a Star Trek fan club in the MSC article, I should have known they would), I would have submitted the information in an article instead of asking for something to be included in a community calendar. Now I look like a complete idiot. (Not just the normal half idiot that I normally am.)

I just sent an email to the dummy I originally submitted the info to, which included all of our original correspondences where I plainly stated the location of the event.

Where's the Memphis Press-Scimitar when you need them?

6. DarthToddy

DarthToddy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2004
    Thanks again Tim for having us all out...it was fun and had a blast. Sorry I can't be earliy to the next one, but hopefully I can swing by late!!! I had fun and nice to meet all the new people and old friends!!

John

7. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Yep, good time and the weather really turned out nice. Good to see new faces (and old ones!) there.

Tim: Can't say that I am surprised by the CA getting it screwed up. I've had similar problems getting things for the MSCA or Nightmarez listed. I guess the good news is they listed it, and the bad news is they listed it!

Liked the $5 pizza idea. Did it turn out ok? Anything we need to do different for the next one?

8. DexterMoon

DexterMoon Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2004
    I am sorry I missed this one. :( but what with the weather being "Iffy".. and there was a woman involved.. well...
    I was talking about it so much to all of my friends, and then at the last minute, I got a phone call annnnddd.... (shrug) :D

But I am really looking forward to the next one!

Tim: I meant to bring milk crates.. you mentioned the sound system.. my main idea was to raise the speakers up off the ground (grass is a sound-absorber), two milkcrates under each speaker would improve the sound like you wouldn't believe.. :) this will be my contribution. I will try soon to contact you and we can arrange a time for me to come up and help.

The pizza idea sounded good.. did it work out?

9. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    The pizza idea sounded good.. did it work out?

You know, it worked really, really well. Good idea, Tim!!!

10. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    Dat pizza was goooood!!! And thanks to the guy that bought the Cheese Puffs, and whoever brought Little Debbie, and Tim for pausing all those shots of Signourney for me.

11. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Oh, yes. A big round of applause for the cheesy poofs! :)

The five-dollar dinner deal worked extremely well. We managed to cover both the pizza and the drinks I purchased for Saturday night. And thanks to everyone who brought drinks as well. We have plenty for the next Drive-In Night, which is July 10th.

Considering the success of the pizza deal, I was thinking of checking into something like barbecue from Tops BBQ for the next one. I really liked the fact that we had plenty of food for everyone and a hell of a lot less mess to deal with. Any suggestions or comments, anyone?

Thanks to everyone who came out!

12. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Hello finally got enough sleep and finished work today so I could reply. My famliy and I would like to thank all of you for making us feel like one of you. Thanks for all the tips and advice we hope to see you again in july. Henry McDonald

13. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    We enjoyed your company, and your help, Henry! Come on back now, ya hear?

14. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Yep, always good to see new faces. Now you know what to expect from our SMT Drive-In!

TIMAX- with TimHX surround sound!

15. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Think I should change the website to say TIMAX?

I love the TimHX sound! Of course, I wish the TimHX sound would've worked right last time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.