main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Droid Discoveries: Diary recordings of C-3P0: //Diary Challenge 2010// Update 5-4

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by hyperspace_police, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Title: Droid Discoveries
    Author: hyperspace_police
    Characters: C-3PO, Cody, a droid maintenance worker of Coruscant, and anyone 3PO has had contact with since he rolled off the assembly line
    Summary: Written for the Diary Challenge 2010, 3PO has been storing memories of important moments in his life. He hid them in behind a safety wall so they've never been wiped, even though his memory has been wiped multiple times. He just doesn't remember them. So, as he gets older they start to pop up from time to time. These are just random entries that come to surface as he discovers just how many key moments he has participated in throughout Galactic History.

Droid Discoveries

I don't understand where that came from today. I went down for an oil bath and a routine scan of all my systems. I had my usual tech and all was going as per usual but then suddenly there was a recording that I don't have any recollection of ever making.

I've been going over it all day and I just don't recall ever being on Tatooine. But, there I was?

I wasn't even covered yet, my wires were all exposed. There was a woman, a sad but strong woman. She was in charge of the household and I was helping her clean computer components and in came this young boy. He was maybe 8 or 9 standard years old.

He was my maker. I don't completely understand that part, I was made at a droid foundry but here was this boy and I called him my Maker. Strange. Perhaps they stole me and that was why I didn't have my coverings or the processors I have now.

The recording wasn't very long but when Cody ran a check of my systems he discovered that there is a firewall built into my memory systems and this bit came from there. He is working on a program that will allow me to access these files and see what it is that was saved there.

So, I'm going to keep this recording of my discoveries because I've obviously found a way to keep data saved even after a memory wipe. No small feat for a simply protocol droid. Oh, and I've just had an additional 500 languages installed. It's very good to belong to Master Luke. He takes such good care of his droids.

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Classic! PLEASE include me on the PM list for this one! =D=

3. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    Finally a 3PO Diary! Sing me up!:D

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Super start. Please send PMs. :) :)

5. darth_treyvah

darth_treyvah Jedi Master star 3

Dec 26, 2005
    I would definitely like to see more of this. An excellent idea. :)

6. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Thanks to everyone for reading!!!

I thought I did my updates, but I guess not.

Sand

Today I found a bit more data. I'm so glad to be discovering my past. Artoo keeps making rude remarks about how he remembers everything but just chooses not to share. That silly bucket, I bet he doesn't remember everything either. On to my discovery. It was odd, but again my coverings were missing. The young boy was talking to me about how he was going to look for a new servo motor for me so I would be able to help his mother better. He told me how I was his only real friend. Odd, I don't remember having any friends, I'm only a droid after all... But, I am honored that I was able to give someone pleasure with my existence.

He talked about space travels and how he was going to travel to all the star systems some day. He told me how he worried about his mother and how she had too much work to do and how it would be great when I could help her with her tasks. I'm rather embarrassing to say that I didn't get around very well. In this particular memory he was trying to get me to move around but every time I took a step, I knocked stuff over that was stacked on shelves in the little room.

The woman he called mother then appeared to remind him to be careful and not to bring the house down with his "project"... I guess I'm the project... Then there was a great deal of static so I couldn't see the other bits, they're going to try and clean it up a bit to see if they can clear up the data. But, the problem was discovered. Sand... The boy had to sneak me into the shop where he worked at night to give me an oil bath and the conversation between him and the mother was very heated when she caught him, so I was having to make due with very little maintenance on a planet made all of sand.

There was a good bit of him cleaning me at night, complaining about the sand. Always complaining about the sand. I don't think the lad who I owe my existence to liked sand very much. He goes on and on about how it gets everywhere... Complaining of his mother digging it out of his ears. But, the compassion that the young boy showed me is very touching. I wonder what became of him. I would thank him for everything if I knew where he was now. But, I will have to settle on hoping to discover. His name is Anakin, he is my maker and I hope to find him someday.

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fun update. Loved the grousing about sand LOL

8. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    That stupid sand gets on EVERYONE'S nerves! :D =D=

9. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Blasted sand!(but at least it's not snow! :D )

I wonder what memories he'll continue to dredge up...I guess I'll just have to keep reading.

10. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Jade_eyes: I figure he was always complaining about the sand...

VaderLVR64: Hee hee... I like the sand jokes... they make me think of river float trips and coming home and unpacking and finding sand in the house for the next 6 months...

Valiary_Scot: Snow... hmmm... plot bunnies.... hmmmm....

Thanks everyone for reading and I've got to remember to actually post my updates... Duh.

Space Adventuring is NOT for Me.

Well, at least some of my discoveries make sense. I know I am no fan of space travel but it appears that I have never been. We uncovered some footage of a girl that looks very familiar to my databanks but there seems to be some trouble searching for her. But, I am sure that will all work out soon.

She was with a man who must have been a Jedi since he had a Jedi weapon on his belt and the young boy I see in so many of these recovered files was there with him and the mother as well. They were apparently seeking shelter from a sand storm.

The young boy, who is my maker, or at least the one who re-conditioned me and put me back together thus leading me to become the property of Master Luke and a very important droid, if I do say so myself.

Anyway, he was talking of his desire to travel in space. I wonder if that is how I wound up traveling in space... By his desire to travel and get off the planet of sand... but i've already discussed how much I dislike sand.

I can't shake the feeling in my processors that I should know that girl. But, there's something off about the image. Maybe she wasn't looking like she normally did or was in disguise? I can't find her in the limited data on Jedi. Of course, most of that has been destroyed.

Alas, I hope we can find out who she is. At least I'm learning more about myself. I am glad to say that I know that my being where I am is playing some role in a much more important chain of events. Just how important has yet to be seen but there is a reason I came to be in the possession of Master Luke and my figuring it out can only help me.

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super update. =D= I like how little pieces of the puzzle keep unfolding. :D

12. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    The young boy, who is my maker, or at least the one who re-conditioned me and put me back together thus leading me to become the property of Master Luke and a very important droid, if I do say so myself.

Very important indeed! :D

13. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Jade_eyes: It's kind of fun cause I can jump around the sage with the little bits of memories... and unfold all sorts of things...

VaderLVR64: Yes, most important.

Who let the Wampa Out???

Today we uncovered a near disaster. We were attempting to evacuate some sort of very cold planet. We were apparently living in some sort of ice cave.

There were alarms blaring and everything was crashing about. There was a frightened voice over a loud speaker saying that Imperial troops were entering the base... The number of close calls I've had that almost had me in Imperial hands is quite frightening. Horrifying to be exact.

Anyway, I was quite the clever droid in this case as I went up to some door and what might have been by accident opened it and released some sort of gigantic Snow Monsters.

I'm sure that showed those Imperials not to mess with C-3P0... Perhaps it was my actions, or accident as it appeared to be, that allowed for our safe escape from that situation.

I'll have to ask the Princess when I get a chance...

14. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Sure, Threepio, you go on believing that! [face_laugh] You're supposed to be comic relief, not hero - but who says you can't change occupations, etiher?

15. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Treepio sure has funny remarks on the events.

Nice update=D=

16. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Thanks you guys for reading and sorry I almost let these lapse. Hopefully I'm on top of RL now and can continue on...

Distractions in Diplomacy

Well, I'm going to have to be more careful with my distractions. I have been finding myself thinking on these memories when I'm supposed to be working on my duties. Today it had near disastrous consequences. I was working a meeting between a Bith, a Hutt spy, and a Wookie. My language processors are quite advanced. In fact the diagnostic technicians tell me that I somehow have upgrades that they haven't even heard of.

They tell me that I must have once belonged to someone with amazing programming skills and that my protocol counterparts may never catch up to my software level. I know that droids cannot feel pride, but I think sometimes when I'm powered down I come close. But, that must be a glitch connected to these memory glitches I'm experiencing.

So, back to the diplomacy crisis. I accidentally told the Wookie that the Hutt said that Wookies were good for nothing but being slaves when the Hutt said, It was a shame that his people were once inslaved and that he did not share the idea of many Hutts who felt that the only good Wookie was one who was enslaved.

Well, needless to say I thought the Wookie was going to rip the arms right off that Hutt... As Captain Solo once told me... It's not wise to upset a Wookie. He was very correct in this statement.

The Princess has relieved me of my interpreter duties for the next few weeks while the technicians work out this memory glitch. It is rather humiliating to be demoted this way and I doubt Artoo will ever let me hear the end of it.

17. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice Treepio;) are they now programming you?[face_thinking]

And Artoo's comments should be funny;)

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Snow monsters -- oops :p

Quite the interpreter's glitch :eek: :eek: o_O

Yes, Artoo will have a field day with that one [face_laugh]

19. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    I'm sure that showed those Imperials not to mess with C-3P0... They're quaking in their armor, I'm sure. :p

=D=

20. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Lovely diary recordings you have here. :) It's hard to capture C-3P0's tone well, but you've done an excellent job on it.

I was particularly touched by the sentence "So, I'm going to keep this recording of my discoveries because I've obviously found a way to keep data saved even after a memory wipe." Of course, Threepio doesn't realise the significance of this sentence right now, but it's very moving to think that he loved Anakin and the people who formed Anakin's family so much that he found a way to partially resist a memory wipe. I wonder what Artoo thinks of this development?

Please put me on your PM list if you have one. Thanks! :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.