main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Classics Ewoks Movies: Caravan of Courage and The Battle for Endor

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth-Horax, Feb 27, 2003.

1. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    Anybody remember the Ewok Adventure?

What a great show that was! I've been trying really hard to come up with the name of the creature that Mace (not Windu) and his family had to fight at the end of the film. Does anybody know?

What parts of this show did you like or hate?
    Let's get this party started!

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The name of that creature was the Giant Gorax:)

I saw the first Ewok movie a couple of years ago when they showed it on tv here in Sweden, and I got to say that I didn't like it at all:/ All these earthley animals (horses, gotes, rabbits etc.) destroyed the feeling for me! And I hated how Mace called the Ewoks "these little bears"! I still have this one recorded on video, but I don't think I would be able to see sit through it again, wich is kind of sad, since I've always loved the second Ewok movie (wich I bought on vhs [no bottleg] for about 5 bucks several years ago)! Sure there are a few earth creatures in this one too (horses and crows) but not even half as many as in the first one!

I didn't like how the blaster effect was done in the first one either!
    The stop motion part creatures where cool (gotta love that wolf- kind of thing) and so was the Gorax, but the rest was kind of bad:(

Well, let's hope they release both Ewok movies on DVD someday in the future;)

3. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    Ah yes, the Gorax...that's the name I was looking for!

The laser did suck...it kept running out of juice. I have it on tape somewhere. I'll have to watch it again. I did not know they made a second Ewok movie. What was that like?

4. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    It's great kind of like Willow.

5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The second ewok movie was called Ewoks: The Battle for Endor (maybe that was mentioned earlier) and is about Cindel and Wicket.

The film starts with Cindel's family getting killed, and Cindel and the Ewok tribe gets captured by some evil looking creatures. Cindel and Wicket manages to escape and meets an old hermit called Noah. SO they team up with him to rescue the Ewoks...

It's a good film actually! Sure it's a kids-film but it's quite enjoyable for adults as well!

You should definitley see it if you can find it!

6. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    I'll have to check it out!

7. Lord_Volz

Lord_Volz Jedi Master star 2

May 23, 2002
    I haven't seen an Ewok movie in years! I vaguely remember anything.

8. Myaha

Myaha Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    I wonder why no one mentioned that there's a Dathomir Nightsister in Battle for Endor...

really great stuff to the this force users in action...

also liked the condor dragon and blurgs, which are used by the Marauders as beasts of burden and war beasts :)

whostheBossk likes this.
  9. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    well, we didn't know she was a Dathomirian nightsister until the EU invented it! And are there any official confirmations on this or is it just a theory the fan boys (and girls ofcourse) has come up with?

10. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    gosh i havent seen those movies in a while, and come to thin of it, im not sure if i ever saw the first one.

11. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    >well, we didn't know she was a Dathomirian nightsister until the EU invented it! And are there any official confirmations on this or is it just a theory the fan boys (and girls ofcourse) has come up with? <

It was stated in Kevin J. Anderson's Illustrated Star Wars Universe, and backed up by other sources.

TC

12. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    "It was stated in Kevin J. Anderson's Illustrated Star Wars Universe, and backed up by other sources."

okay, thanks for that info!

13. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    Long live the Ewoks!

14. Myaha

Sep 24, 2002
    Yubnub!

Ee chee wa maa!

15. Mazzic

Mazzic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    Does anyone know where I can find screen shots or publicity images of the Marauders?

I'm actually making a movie that takes place on Dathomir, and I thought it would be fun to make one of the clans dress similar to the Marauders.

-Mazzic

16. Myaha

Sep 24, 2002
    [image=http://www.lucasfan.com/swtv/bfe08.jpg]

like this?

17. Mazzic

Mazzic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    Myaha - Yeah, screenshots like that! Thanks a ton!

-Mazz

18. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    long live www.lucasfan.com

19. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I just finished watching the Ewok Adventure again. I'm disappointed at how little they grieved after the one Ewok died. :p

20. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    Yeah, those heartless little beasts! They could have at least mourned for a while before starting their lives again!

21. First_Stage_Lensman

First_Stage_Lensman Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2003
    GOBI1 - yeah I alwasy thought of the Ewok films as GLs primer for 'Willow'.

I watch them w/ my SW-crazed nieces & nephews every once & a while. The first one is very nostalgic for me - i remember watching it when it fist aired - i was in 5th grade and sick with 'flu. I saw the second one the same night I watched an adult-oriented animated sci-fi flic called "Starchaser - The Legend Of Orin 3-D" anyone remember that one??

I think the Ewok movies are sweet and basically well produced. Phil Tippett did some terrific stop motion (despite thick green matte lines) for them.

22. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    Are the Ewok movies ever going to be released on DVD?

My VHS tapes are old and are starting to wear out and I'm not sure you can buy them anymore on VHS.

23. Myaha

Sep 24, 2002
    try ebay

btw: here in Germany they weren't aired on TV... no... they were cinema movies and it was great to watch them as little girl on the big screen :D

24. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    I heard the same about England. It was actually called Caravan of Courage in theaters in London but in the U.S. they called it The Ewok Adventure and it was only released on TV.

25. Myaha

Sep 24, 2002
    yeah... Karavane der Tapferen - Caravan of Courage... that was the name hear, too :)

Edit: the literaly translation of "Karavane der Tapferen" is "Caravan of the Courages" ;)