main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Classics Ewoks Movies: Caravan of Courage and The Battle for Endor

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth-Horax, Feb 27, 2003.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    just asked for Star Wars: Clone Wars (2D series), Caravan of Courage, Battle for Endor, Droids, Ewoks (TV series), Detours and the Holiday Special (and Toy Story specials Toy Story of Terror and Toy Story that Time Forgot). Hey, you never know!

Demon4x4 and indydefense like this.
  2. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I like that Disney+ puts on plenty of short features. The little Pixar stories and old Mickey Mouse shorts

The Genndy Tartakovsky Clone Wars cartoons would fit right in. I love those things.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I’ve been waiting to see Bea Arthur’s “Goodnight, But Not Goodbye” in HD for as long as HD has been around. Make it happen, Lucasfilm.

cwustudent, Demon4x4 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  4. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    Detours looked Robot Chickenish in tone, and maybe the powers that be in Disney looked at it and thought "This is... Bad".

It may be a mercy that we don't see it.

5. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Robot Chicken’s Star Wars episodes are masterpieces compared to the Detours trailer and clips (despite the same creators being involved). I can’t even pretend to want to see Detours on Disney+, as I pretend with the Holiday Special. It’s somehow the worst of all Star Wars content because of how mediocre it seemed. At least the Holiday Special is a total and complete crash and burn that’s morbidly fascinating to watch. Watching the Detours trailer and clips is like watching excerpts from a Carrot Top standup routine. It’s just lame.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The Holiday Special was shot on video, though, so an HD release would just be upscaled and probably still look quite low def.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  7. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Don’t take anything I’ve said in the last five years seriously.

Demon4x4 and TCF-1138 like this.
  8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I never do. :)

Bor Mullet likes this.
  9. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    I wasn't talking about the Holiday Special anyway. If I never see it again, it'll be too soon. Lol

10. Demon4x4

Demon4x4 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 29, 2019
    Ah, I wasn't even aware that trailers for it existed from which to form an opinion. To me it was just a total unknown. haha

Bor Mullet likes this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Also trailers are never really indicative of the whole product. I have seen some great trailers that were for bad movies and vice versa

DartJackson and Bor Mullet like this.
  12. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    from the fella who co-wrote Solo: A Star Wars Story

13. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    He should start working on an installment for the streaming service!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    hopefully after the Willow D+ project! Gotta get in more Ewoks.

Battle for Endor above Caravan of Courage though, eh? Shocking! That's like the Last Jedi of the Ewoks duology, the most controversial one.

GregMcP likes this.
  15. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Seriously, though, I really want to see some sort of new media focused on Ewoks. I love the high-end fantasy feel of Endor and the like.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    If they did I doubt it would be so fantasy

17. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    This is probably all the Detours you will ever need to see...

indydefense and Bor Mullet like this.
  18. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013

I agree--I think with Disney +, there's an awesome opportunity to release a new Ewok film. "The exciting conclusion to the epic Ewok Trilogy" heh heh heh

19. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Perhaps if fans are vocal, as Disney certainly seems to be open to exploring a variety of character driven series, why not a full length feature that has some adorable fan favorite critters? The previous Ewok movies were truly born of that 80s fantasy era, and I'd love to see that explored again. Likewise, they love merchandising tie-ins, and I'm sure a Wokling will do the trick! Move over baby Yoda!

Ewok Poet and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  20. EmuBay

EmuBay Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 4, 2017
    I feel sorry for little Miss Miller of the Ewok movies. At least Aubrey has dignity. "Aubree" sounds like an air freshener.

21. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Wilford Brimley, who played Noa in The Battle for Endor, has passed away at age 85.

22. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
  23. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    That is amazing! I've never seen any BTS footage from The Battle for Endor before. Thanks for sharing!

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That story about Lucas and Michael Jackson was just precious.

But yeah, some of the matte work in the 80s was just crazy, especially with the integration of not only live footage but SFX as well.

25. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
    A recent interview with Niki Botelho (Teek):

And Blast Points have a whole month dedicated to the Ewoks right now, with more of the interview...
    https://soundcloud.com/blast-points