main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Classics Ewoks Movies: Caravan of Courage and The Battle for Endor

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth-Horax, Feb 27, 2003.

1. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    I had these movies on BETA tapes as a kid. LOL - not exactly the best quality entertainment but it was a different world

clone commander bossk likes this.
  2. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Just watched Caravan of Courage. I enjoyed it for what it was, though Mace is really not likeable at all. What I probably liked most about it was that it made the forest moon feel so much more expansive than most Star Wars worlds. The matte paintings, stop-motion, and the Gorax were really fun, too. Now I almost wish we'd gotten an early Mando episode set on the forest moon.

3. oldroughnready

oldroughnready Jedi Padawan

Feb 2, 2023
    Yeah that's my favorite part of all these Endor shows. The sanctuary moon is much like Earth with a wide variety of flora, fauna, and climes. It's easy to forget that most planets in Star Wars are equally diverse. The movies don't help with the view of the mono-culture planet because we spend so little time on each one and most have an establishing shot of giant sand ball (Tatooine), giant ice ball (Hoth), etc. When even these planets have a broad diversity of environments and creatures native to them. If you want to see more of that there is an Illustrated Star Wars Universe that features Ralph McQuarries' concept art with in-universe commentary and a Creatures book which has a ton of animals from different planets.

4. Only True Star Wars Fans have watched the Ewoks Movies

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2023
    Darth Baga likes this.
  5. xezene

xezene Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    I think some here might find this interesting; two excellent documentary shorts on the Ewoks films were produced in the summer of 2020, going over the production of Caravan of Courage and Battle for Endor. They were put out on YouTube by Stian A. Olsen. Some here might like them; here they are.

MercenaryAce and Darth Baga like this.
  6. I wish the EU/Legends Timeline had placed Caravan of Courage and The Battle for Endor as was originally planned to occur 100 Years after Movies imagine if these Movies had happened at the same time as Legacy Comics but its not possible because Cindel Towani was mentioned in Tyrant Test Novel so Caravan of Courage and The Battle for Endor occur in Legends in 3 ABY

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2023
    Darth Baga likes this.
  7. Darth Baga

Darth Baga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2021
    They really makes Endor feel more alive. I the variety of the creatures and biomes introduced in them.

The 3ABY date never made much sense to me. I always thought that it would make more sense if they were set a couple of years after ROTJ. It would explain why the Ewoks aren't hostile to the Towanis. Plus Wicket appears to pick up some Galactic Basic in Battle for Endor, and it doesn't make much sense for him to lose all of it a year later.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2023
    Riv_Shiel and TCF-1138 like this.
  8. Yes i had also preferred that these Movies had occurred in 100 ABY

xezene and Darth Baga like this.
  9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Oh this is cool, a documentary is in the works from Tom Groves on the making of the Ewoks movies, featuring a lot of BTS footage and pics courtesy of Eric Walker.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  10. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    Caravan Of Courage feels more like Star Wars to me, than anything released after it! I am dead serious.

Exception being Rogue One (Of course)

11. Sgt.Matt

Sgt.Matt Jedi Master star 2

May 12, 2018
    Sanyassans are peak barbarian villains to me, right next to both the Yinchorri and Houks, they ooze violent evil in every scene and I love all of it.