main
side
curve
  1. A Message For Everyone:

TCW vs. Rebels debates are not allowed in the Television forum. As in, discussions that descend into TCW/Rebels (or any show vs any other show) bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Contrasting the themes, story lines, characters, etc. between the shows is allowed (welcomed, even). "Versus" debates/arguments, however, are a deal-breaker.
  2. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Classics Droids cartoon, Ewoks movies and the Holiday Special

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by sith_rising, Oct 31, 2012.

1. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    I did request the Ewok movies and Droids/Ewoks cartoons, along with the classic Muppet Show. I consider the Mark Hamill episode from 1980 part of the SW canon!

2. Demon4x4

Demon4x4 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 29, 2019
    I went with:
    Star Wars: Ewok Adventures (Caravan of Courage & Battle of Endor)
    Star Wars: Clone Wars (Genndy Tartakovsky 2013 version)
    Star Wars: Detours

indydefense and kevmp like this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett PT Interview Host/All-Around Good Guy star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Feb 18, 2014
    Why they haven’t released Detours is a bit amazing they have like 30 episodes done and ready

I did Clone Wars, Droids and Ewoks

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    GregMcP likes this.
  4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 6

Apr 6, 2018
    I can’t believe they didn’t find a way to get the Ewok movies, at least, into the platform. Those are gold.

indydefense and TCF-1138 like this.
  5. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    I'm hoping the reason the Ewok movies and cartoons as well as the Droids series weren't on Disney+ at launch is because they're maybe remastering them for HD before they put them up.

Also, put these damn shows out on blu ray already. And bring them back into canon. There is absolutely no reason why they shouldn't be canon. As far as I know, they contradict nothing.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  6. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    With such significant interest in live action SW (due to the Mandalorian), I'm sure countless fans would like to be introduced to the Ewok movies, likewise there are many hardcore fans that would love to see them in HD and have the opportunity to buy them on BR. Some feel they are a bit too kid oriented, but as Lucas said many times - all of SW was intended to be directed toward kids. It locks us in at a young age, and we take it with us into adulthood, that's why we crave this content from decades ago. The Ewok movies are a significant part of my childhood, and I'd like them to get more recognition as Lucas classics.

TCF-1138 and LawgSkrak like this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett PT Interview Host/All-Around Good Guy star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Feb 18, 2014
    I think it’s more or less confirmed that Bail had the droids until Episode 4 from Episode 3 but I guess you could say they got lost.

LawgSkrak likes this.
  8. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
    I find it highly believable that they may have.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. indydefense

indydefense Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    Me:

BigAl6ft6, Demon4x4 and LawgSkrak like this.
  10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Force Ghost star 7

Nov 12, 2012
    just asked for Star Wars: Clone Wars (2D series), Caravan of Courage, Battle for Endor, Droids, Ewoks (TV series), Detours and the Holiday Special (and Toy Story specials Toy Story of Terror and Toy Story that Time Forgot). Hey, you never know!

Demon4x4 and indydefense like this.
  11. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
    I heard recently the the Fromms were mentioned in a canon source? Have any other things from Droids been made canon? Let's start a list.

12. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I like that Disney+ puts on plenty of short features. The little Pixar stories and old Mickey Mouse shorts

The Genndy Tartakovsky Clone Wars cartoons would fit right in. I love those things.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I’ve been waiting to see Bea Arthur’s “Goodnight, But Not Goodbye” in HD for as long as HD has been around. Make it happen, Lucasfilm.

cwustudent, Demon4x4 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  14. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Detours looked Robot Chickenish in tone, and maybe the powers that be in Disney looked at it and thought "This is... Bad".

It may be a mercy that we don't see it.

15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Robot Chicken’s Star Wars episodes are masterpieces compared to the Detours trailer and clips (despite the same creators being involved). I can’t even pretend to want to see Detours on Disney+, as I pretend with the Holiday Special. It’s somehow the worst of all Star Wars content because of how mediocre it seemed. At least the Holiday Special is a total and complete crash and burn that’s morbidly fascinating to watch. Watching the Detours trailer and clips is like watching excerpts from a Carrot Top standup routine. It’s just lame.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  16. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 ST/Anthology/Fan Films Manager taking a break star 5 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The Holiday Special was shot on video, though, so an HD release would just be upscaled and probably still look quite low def.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Don’t take anything I’ve said in the last five years seriously.

Demon4x4 and TCF-1138 like this.
  18. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 ST/Anthology/Fan Films Manager taking a break star 5 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I never do. :)

Bor Mullet likes this.
  19. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
    I wasn't talking about the Holiday Special anyway. If I never see it again, it'll be too soon. Lol

20. Demon4x4

Demon4x4 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 29, 2019
    Ah, I wasn't even aware that trailers for it existed from which to form an opinion. To me it was just a total unknown. haha

Bor Mullet likes this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Also trailers are never really indicative of the whole product. I have seen some great trailers that were for bad movies and vice versa

Bor Mullet likes this.
  22. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    from the fella who co-wrote Solo: A Star Wars Story

TCF-1138 , Bor Mullet and cwustudent like this.
  23. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    He should start working on an installment for the streaming service!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    hopefully after the Willow D+ project! Gotta get in more Ewoks.

Battle for Endor above Caravan of Courage though, eh? Shocking! That's like the Last Jedi of the Ewoks duology, the most controversial one.

GregMcP likes this.
  25. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Seriously, though, I really want to see some sort of new media focused on Ewoks. I love the high-end fantasy feel of Endor and the like.