main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dual-Alias Admins, Secret Agendas, and Firing Beloved Moderators

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Senator Dzrekpo Amegnran, Oct 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    "Since we're throwing around opinions, maybe their promotion is due because those two are damn fine people. Meanwhile Padme Bra, and especially Vertical have all been polically-minded. In fact, Vertical told Jedi-Jade to post about Darthcleo's retirement just to further push the issue of a vacent top spot to better further his own JC Career."

Am I the only one who got a good laugh out of the term "JC Career"?

2. Cigam Retah

Cigam Retah Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 1999
    You're the VIP. You tell me.

3. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    For the record, Vert has said to me that he would have big reservations about taking on the job of admin if it was offered to him. Does that sound like a power play, Cigam?

4. Wattowatta

Wattowatta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2000
    ALL RIGHT, YOU BASTARDS! Start FROM THE BEGININNING, EXPLAIN ALL DETAILS.

This is definetly something that should have stayed OFF-BOARDS, but now that it's been dregged into the light, it's time all the dirty little secrets are pulled out of the closet, as well.

This behind the scenes board politics is crap, just plain crap. My GOD, this is a Star Wars board, not the damn back-halls of Congress! Get a God-damn life if you can't stand playing for political power over a hive of NERDS!

JEBUS!!!!

5. Cigam Retah

Mar 30, 1999
    Actions speak louder than words.

6. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Preacherboy and Darth Ludicrous: Two damned fine people, let's examine that shall we?

Preacherboy: Do we really have to go into it all again? Besides lack of contribution, he has shown the ability to spy on people and use this information against them. His lack of tact has caused problems with other sites towards TF.N. You never really know if its him or someone else using his account.

Darth Ludicrous: Here is a person who does not acre about you. To him everyone here is nothing more then a mindless peon all because he was the "first admin". During the LC crisis, there was a showing of unity never before seen on these boards. Someone listed maybe close to 100 different users who felt she was out of line. DL dismissed this as just people out for revenge o someone. He doesn't listen to what you have to say. He never has and he never will. Oh yeah, this is also a person who has, using a sock, trolled in the P(SA) forums because he didn't agree with the rules of the forum. He has blatantly broken the rules of this forum.

Are these really the people you want in charge? Do these seem like two damned fine people? None of them have ever shown respect for the membership of this board or support of the other managers. Vert, Chyren, and PBra may not be perfect, but PB and DL aren't exactly the glowing bastions of enlightment either.

7. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    For the record, Vert has said to me that he would have big reservations about taking on the job of admin if it was offered to him. Does that sound like a power play, Cigam?

Cigam is the one with the right information here. If Vertical were making a grab for power as we know he did by releasing the thread prematurely then why would he then broadcast that to others?

8. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    GIve proof that Vert ever wanted to take Cleo's place. Everytime I've seen him discuss it, publicly and privatly, he has madeit clear that he wouldn't want the job. I think him releasing that info early may have had more to do with suspicions of Preacherboy hacking his ICQ then actual power play.

9. EMPRESS

EMPRESS Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 10, 2000
    Oh my God.

10. Gen. Madine's Hairpiece

Gen. Madine's Hairpiece Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 1, 2000
    CA is right. Vert has mentioned repeatedly that he has no desire nor the time to be the Admin.

11. Cigam Retah

Mar 30, 1999
    Preacherboy hacking his ICQ? You guys make up the craziest stuff to cover your butts.

By the way, here's a link for historical references.

12. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    I think him releasing that info early may have had more to do with suspicions of Preacherboy hacking his ICQ then actual power play.

So PB executed an elaborate hack to make Vertical look like he was asking Jedi Jade to post about Cleo's retirement. Wow...

13. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    Vert has mentioned repeatedly that he has no desire nor the time to be the Admin.

Boy, for a guy who doesn't want the top spot, he sure talks about it alot to many different people.

14. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    SDA, please do try to get your "facts" straight before you launch such a feeble attack. I'm sure you spend plenty of time calculating this little crusade of yours, it's been going on since I left the board months ago. Pretty sad commentary, bud.

15. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    Is this just an attempt to discredit Vert?

16. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    Yeah, cause Preacherboy has never hacked ICQ, never ever.

Tellesto, do you read? It didn't have anything to do with power. IF he released it, it was to see if PB would react, if PB reacted it meant that he was reading his ICQ. Nothing to do with power, everything to do with exposing PB for the "damned fine guy" he is.

17. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    Well look at all this. I'm flattered.

I'm not sure exactly what I've done to be considered "power hungry". In fact, pretty much everything I've ever done on this board is opposite towards what anyone would consider power hungry. As a regular member I spoke my mind to the mods, as a mod I speak my mind to the staff. If I was power hungry I'd be just another yes man.

I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing with the confidence that my service as a mod and the members' opinion of me speak for themselves.

18. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    The irony in this thread is so thick you can cut it with a knife.

Anyhoo, the possiblity of these events occurring won't turn me off. Sure, this board's got its problems, but even the upheaval you guys describe won't deter me from being an active member.

I'll be here until the end, even if it comes much sooner than I have originally anticipated.

19. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    Some of your facts are just damned ignorant rumors, but there is one in particular I want to hit up on:

Vertical, Padme Bra, and Chyren are on the "short list" for firing.

Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft. That is so far from the truth, I don't even want to think about where it came from. Who will be "firing" these moderators? The Staff only comes in and takes action on extreme emergenices [Paul tantrum], which is nothing close to what we have here. If those Moderators group together and claim that they have been "fired"; it is their own doing. None of them have done anything worthy of being "fired" for, especially Bra, who has done nothing bad, at all.

What we have here is a very delusional and misinformed group of people that care about DRAMA a little too much.

20. Lott_Dod

Lott_Dod Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2001
    It seems like some people here have transformed a Star Wars board into crazy house.

21. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    Boy, for a guy who doesn't want the top spot, he sure talks about it alot to many different people.

What the hell are you talking about? If he posts it once at the refuge and we all read it, we all know it? How is that talking about it alot. Have you lost all sense of logic? Do you think he posts things that only one person can see? Is Vertical a magic poster? There are on average about 10-15 people logged in at the Refuge during the day, everyone of them reads what the others have to say. That's how we all come into the knowledge.

22. Senator Dzrekpo Amegnran

Senator Dzrekpo Amegnran Jedi Master star 3

Oct 6, 1999
    SDA, please do try to get your "facts" straight before you launch such a feeble attack. I'm sure you spend plenty of time calculating this little crusade of yours, it's been going on since I left the board months ago. Pretty sad commentary, bud.

I've got my facts straight. Do you want me to post the whole of the conversation that sparked me to post this thread? I will. I believe that the involvement of such folks as Vertical, CA, GMH, and others has cemented the fact that this is quite legitimate and serious.

This isn't a "crusade", this is a laying out of the facts for all to see. "Bud".

SDA

23. Mr. K

Oct 23, 1999
    What we have here is a jealous member trying to ruffle some feathers.

Could this be ....dare I say it.... trolling???

24. Cigam Retah

Mar 30, 1999
    "Has told me numerous times" does not translate to "Posted over at the Refuge."

25. Mr. K

Oct 23, 1999
    I know more about what goes on here behind the scenes than you EVER will, Senator. Seriously, your facts are totally screwy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.