main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dual-Alias Admins, Secret Agendas, and Firing Beloved Moderators

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Senator Dzrekpo Amegnran, Oct 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chitwood

chitwood TheForce.Net co-owner star 4 VIP

May 12, 1999
    A SPY REPORT about a site that thrives on SPY REPORTS. Ah, the irony!

We're coming to decisions on the future of the JC, though I wouldn't put nearly as much stock in this report as many of you are already. Where's the salt?

Josh

2. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    *sticking my head in here*

Preacher - you have yet to defend yourself properly from those accusations. Even if you ban everybody here, the questions will still be there, and the clase will remain open.

3. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    Alright, so since we're clear that Vertical didn't mention the issue to several members but talked about it to the Refuge then how about a new question? Why did you ask JJ to post the thread about Cleo, Vert? Didn't she tell everyone that she wanted to go quietly?

4. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    No kidding. I'm not intimitated by his gang of associates and how high and mighty some of them are. Trolling is trolling. Trolling deserves banishment. SDA hasn't contributed one thing reasonable in a LONG time now. I'll give him this one, measily chance.

5. Cigam Retah

Cigam Retah Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 1999
    I heard that Talon Squad Leader hacked my AIM account so he could send nude photos of Chyren to Lord Gita.

Defend yourself from those accusations, Talon. Besides 'No I didn't.'

6. Emuboy

Emuboy Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 7, 1999
    Thats great, it starts with an earthquake, birds and snakes, and aeroplane... Lenny Bruce is not afraid.

7. Wattowatta

Wattowatta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2000
    I repeat: this is a STAR WARS MESSAGE BOARD. This kind of assanine politicking is childish, and demonstrates a genuine lack of maturity and better judgement on your parts.

Every single admin on staff today demonstrated a genuine care, responsibility, and comittement for the Jedi Council. If that was not present, then they would not be on staff. If that mod for whatever reason lost their comittment, or lost their status as an example to the board of what a member should be, then they would LOOSE THEIR JOB.

The record speaks for itself upon EVERY admin here. Like some of their decisions or not, they are genunine examples for us all to strive for.

What this thread and history thereunto is and has become is nothing more than a Goddamn "he said, she said" arguement that NO ONE off the boards could really give a damn about.

I look on this thread, and the posters here, and I don't see the friendly community of fans that the JC is supposed to be. I see many a man simply striving to gain some form of political power on a damn MESSAGE BOARD OF NERDS!

My God, you bastards! Snap out of this CRAP!

No one gives a damn about the refuge, no one gives a damn about a possible ICQ hack! Jebus, no one would give you the time of day if you tried to make them care about this crap off the JC. If you're going to talk about it, keep it to yourselves on your ezboards, where someone might actually care.

We're all human, fallible and twisted. If you can't get over basic human nature, then I suggest you lock yourself in a closet for the rest of your life, because the world is FILLED with BS like this.

Honestly, people, move on with your lives. If you can't stand it here, move on with your life. Go out, walk your dog, get a job, do SOMETHING.

I've lost a lot of respect I had for a lot of members in this thread today, and that's mainly your fault. Good God, drop this crap, and go talk about the Expanded Universes' role in the PT, or whatever the hell it is you bastards talk about in the AOTC forums.

8. Senator Dzrekpo Amegnran

Senator Dzrekpo Amegnran Jedi Master star 3

Oct 6, 1999
    If you post one more irrational accusation without any sort of proof, I will ban you.

You ban me, someone will bring me back. I guarantee it.

Anyway, nothing I've posted has been irrational. It's all fact.

Do you want to see the conversation that sparked this thread? Here it is:

EDIT: Removed at SDA's request.

Names withheld at participants' request.

SDA

9. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    Talon- No, I've already dismissed those accusations with proof. I was AIM'd [by another JC member] about Vertical leaking information to Jedi-Jade

10. Cigam Retah

Mar 30, 1999
    I tell you, if they sack those two and/or promote DL or Pboy, expect a mass walkout

Like the one you called for at the beginning of the thread?

Close 'Spoilers Allowed.' Close Literature. Close Fan Force. Darth Lud can change the banner image.

11. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    Your "proof" is a conversation with no indications on who is saying what? For all I know it could have been scribbled on toilet paper by a 3rd grader with Crayola markers.

Your "privelage" to post at this bulletin board has been removed. You don't deserve access to show your fanatic enthusiasm for Star Wars here.

In short, the only person that I don't think has absolutely lost their mind is WattoWatta. Not to thrilled about that discovery, either ;)

12. Missninfan

Missninfan Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 2000
    SDA is not trolling. There seems to be many things going on around the JC and this is the communications board. He has every right to speak his mind, as anyone here has every right to agree or disagree with him.

Preacherboy, banning him will not silence him, as there are obviously other people here who share in his opinion.

This place needs some out-in-the-open venting and this is the forum to do that in.

Yes, this is "just a Star Wars" board, but so what? Does that mean we can't take things that go on here personally? What good would we be as moderators if we didn't put our hearts into what we do?

13. Wattowatta

Wattowatta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2000
    I know, PB.....I'm scared, too.

14. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    He has a right to speak his mind, but what he doesn't have a right to do is blatantly lie and spread filth when we're just trying to have simple fun and enjoyment on this bulletin board. He's trying to make this whole thing and his part in it, much bigger than it needs to be.

I'm doing him a favor. I hope now he has the time on how to do a little bit better research/investigating.

15. Cigam Retah

Mar 30, 1999
    Hersay, conjecture, and blind accusations are not 'speaking his mind.'

16. Santee Ordrin

Santee Ordrin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 9, 1998
    Actually Cigam, I would be more afraid of DL combining EU Community back with Literature, combing SW Misc with Community, and instituting an EU is Canon law. Dl through either his lack of action, or his using the words of others as his own, ruined whatever fine rep he has had. When the Lit forum was becoming overrun with community threads, it was Gatherer who had to take a stand and do something. DL passed off any complaints about it as nothing more than a passing fancy.

17. Izzi

Izzi Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    I said it once and I'll say it again. PBoy's actually managed to confirm it. The people on the "short list" are the most unlikely candidates to be accused of power trips.

Here's a fact, kids. This place is on it's way out unless some major changes are made. And firing these admins won't take the boards in the direction they ought to go.

Watto, take a pill.

18. Santee Ordrin

Jul 9, 1998
    And PB, how many times have you had to take a "leave of absence" due to your lack of tact, maturity, and basic lack of common sense? SDA has for the most part brought up fact and truth on this board. And he usually explores his discussion with intelligence and forthrightness.

19. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    Birds of a feather flock together...

perhaps you should take a closer look at SDA's statements???

20. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Once again, Preacherboy has proven why he is totally incapable of holding the position he has here.

21. Izzi

Izzi Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    Here, here!

Go ahead, PB. Ban everyone who disagrees with you. See how many people are left.

22. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    No one is getting "fired". I still don't know how in the hell that rumor was even developed to convince people that it was true. I look at it, and the state of mind that the Mod Forum is in, and its like I just stepped into the Twilight Zone. I guess that is what I should expect when I'm reading material from the Refuge, but hey, this is not the Refuge. Making up and spreading crap around will not be tolerated.

A lot of people are telling me that I should let SDA do his incoherant ranting, so everyone can see how stupid his remarks are. I, however, have given him a chance today and many chances before. I'd rather use my time dealing with people that have legitimate arguments and reasoning skills.

23. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    I'm letting someone with child management skills take over the SDA case. Standby.

24. Cigam Retah

Mar 30, 1999
    this is not the Refuge.

I think a few of you need to start realizing that.

25. Santee Ordrin

Jul 9, 1998
    Funny you should say that PB, considering your own reasoning and debating skills.

I ask again, how many times have you been either asked, or of your own volition, to take a "leave of absence" from the boards due to your own actions? how many times now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.