main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Dune 2000

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediLars, Dec 5, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediLars

JediLars Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    I don't know about anybody else but I am quite impressed with the new verson of Dune. I think the special effects could use a little more work but over all excellent quality. Unfortunatly I wasn't able able to see third installment tonight but I am taping the whole thing so I will be see it. What do you all think.

JediLars

2. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Haven't been able to watch! TV is broken. You turn it on, and it turns itself off. Still under warranty. Just got it back from shop about 3 weeks ago, it worked fine for over 2 weeks. Now same thing again. :(

3. ScoobyDew

ScoobyDew Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2000
    I watched all three installments and...well...I was kind of dissapointed. I really liked the old movie version better. Granted, I haven't read the book, so I don't know which is closer to it. And this version definately was less confusing. The special effects were really lacking in several places, such as the painted backgrounds. They were just SO obvious. Much of the set design was nice though, as well as the costuming.

I don't know why, but it just wasn't that great to me. I will say it's kind of interesting that they got the same guy to play Baron Harkonen (sp?).

4. jediamarna

jediamarna Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2000
    i, too, was very impressed with the new dune
    movie. unfortunately, i missed the first segment. the music and the effects were great. as i'm a soundtrack fanatic, i'm hoping there'll be one available for this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.