main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dune

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by aPPmaSTer, Jan 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    FH's first DUNE novel is IMHO hands down the greatest SCI-FI book every written.

Utterly perfect in every way, a masterpiece.

All SCI-FI fans are better off for reading it.

I thought SCI-FI channel did a decent job with the remake.

Of course this is a dream but I would love to see it re-made for the theaters in a say six hour format, no expense spared production.

Yes, thats a crazy dream.

2. shadowplay_80

shadowplay_80 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2001
    Perhaps not as crazy as you think.
    I frequently visit the boards at dunenovels.com and found this little snippet, posted by an admin who happens to be Herbert's grandson:

"The HLP is currently in negotiations with a major production studio to remake Dune, a theatrical release. Even so, we're still in fairly early negotiations and have quite a few hurdles to leap before signing on the dotted line. Then there's the casting, director choice, and the all important "green lighting" of a project."

So, as you can see, there's still a long way to go. But they're making baby steps in the right direction. If they can get a good screenplay, and a director who can pull off the same level of love and attention to detail that Peter Jackson gave Lord of the rings, then Dune's day of glory may yet come. (although it still probably won't be 6 hrs)

(source)

3. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Agreed. Dune and Children of Dune were outstanding. I can't believe that the Sci-fi Channel turned down their idea for a Dune TV Series. :oops:

So they're looking at making another Dune movie? Nice. I wonder who will direct it. My hope would be either Peter Jackson or David Twohy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.