main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Salisb, NC Dungeons & Dragons Game Play at Monstore

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by RipRoar, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RipRoar

RipRoar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    Last night was our first event at the Monstore in Salisbury playing the new edition of the Dungeons & Dragons game. The DM and his assistant were GREAT! Ray and Shane of Monstore were very gracious hosts to allow for "FREE" play using their facility. I must say we had a blast and encourage the rest of you to come out and give it a try. I will post character classes this week so you can think about your character you want to play starting with the official game campaign on Sunday the 16th (Last night was just a fun / get to know the basics and people event). There will be limited room for characters - so if your serious about playing on Sunday nights - sound off here asap.

Our thoughts are that if the spots fill up - you could still come along especially people like Matt and Mark who may not make it to every Sunday event. We even thought they could run the same character with a split personality / thief! Could be fun and a cool twist!

It's ok if your character has to miss a sunday or two a month - you just don't get xp or maybe someone like about could fill in for you.

More to come...

2. matthewuzimake

matthewuzimake Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2008
    yea i can go

3. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    D&D INFO.:

Pick race and class from below:

Character Races (Can be any Class below)
    1. Dragonborn (Born of ancient dragon)
    2. Dwarf
    3. Eladrin (Graceful Elf cousin/warriors, wizards and rogues)
    4. Elf
    5. Half-Elf (Human-Elf)
    6. Halfling Resourceful wanderers)
    7. Human
    8. Tiefling (Human nobles w/ dark powers)
    9. Drow (Dark Elves)
    10. Genasi (Elemental Human like)

Character Classes [ALL have their own abilities and powers]
    1. Cleric (Battle leaders w/ powers)
    2. Fighter
    3. Paladin (Warriors w/ powers)
    4. Ranger (Watchful warriers - master of bow)
    5. Rogue (Stealthy, secret agents, thieves)
    6. Warlock (Warriors w/ hexing abilities)
    7. Warlord (Warrior Leaders)
    8. Wizard (Magic users)
    9. Swordmage (Fighters who use magic for melee combat)
    10. Warlock (Dark pact)

There may be a few others as well for the above (I have books if you want to know more).

4. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    I will be of the Eladrin and will be a Wizard (Maybe of the Spiral Tower)

My name is Dalamar "The Shifter" rumored to be born of the high elves ( A Sun Elf or Golden one - rare and reclusive), of a noble family rumored to be decendants of the infamous Demon Estate yet secretly raised on the outskirts of Myth Drannor, once a center of magical knowledge where men and elves worked together. I came of age exploring the underground halls of the school of Wizardry searching for my calling - searching for for my birth right and my place place among the elite wielders of arcane knowledge.

5. Dravidius

Dravidius Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2008
    Hello all,

This is Jason, your friendly neighborhood DM :)

Thanks Rip for posting that information. For additional information you can go to www.wizards.com and make your way to the D&D section. I want to give people as much play time as possible at the game on Sunday so jenny and I will be trying to tag team character creation. I will be going to the Monstore to see about getting the character generator on their computer so we can go a little faster. IF we do not get to finish the game on this Sunday we will have to finish it on next Sunday in order for you to get credit for it and get your reward points for playing. Please let me know if I can be of any help to you as you look through the books, and check out D7D Insider to get access to some great stuff, and you can also find out more about Living Forgotten Realms and RPGA rewards on the Wizards site as well.

Thanks again for the great turn out Sunday and I hope to see you all again on the 16th!
    Keep rolling those 20's

-D-

6. Dravidius

Nov 11, 2008
    One thing I forgot to mention, I have received DCI cards to hand out at the game on Sunday. These cards will have a number on them that with a password you will receive from Wizards of the Coast, will allow you to track your player points online and also play at other events. Again I will hand these out to be filled out on Sunday, See you there.

7. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Thank you Jason AND Jenny as well as Shane and RAY at Monstore! I encourage all that are planning on playing to pick up the players guide - it's worth it! You may also want to buy some mini-s just to get the one your looking for... NOT REQUIRED to play but helping out the Monstore is the least we can do for use of the store on Sundays!

8. matthewuzimake

Jun 12, 2008
    ok i got my guy hes a dragon born rogue named gurth. he comes from a humble family and has not seen much other than the small town he was born in. hope that this is good i can change it if you need me to. cant what for sunday

9. Dravidius

Nov 11, 2008
    I have arranged for myself to be off of work on Sunday. This means that I will be at the Comic store at around 4pm to get set up and also, more importantly to get character creation out of the way for everyone. I will bring character sheets with me in case we cannot get the Character Generator on D&D Insider working. The less time we spend on character creation, the MORE time we will have to play. I will need about 3-3.5 hrs to run the game.

Comet o the Monstore with a character in mind, or better yet, email me the kind of character you want to play and I will make it and have it ready for you when you get there, with power cards to save us time looking stuff up in a book.You can send your character specs to this email address. Thanks and see you all soon.

Please let me know if want me to go ahead and make your character for you. It will be a legal character for RPGA Living Forgotten Realms games.

My email is Dravidius@yahoo.com

10. funshinespy

funshinespy Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2008
    Hello from your cookie baking awesome "assistant DM".

I am so excited that you are all going to be joining us for Sunday night game time. I know that we are going to have lots of fun and have many awesome adventures together.

I will be playing Chali, a Drow Darkpact Warlock (multi-classed into Warlord)...just in case anyone forgot. Oh and by the way...my name is Jenni...not Jenny. No biggie...just thought I would mention that the DM can't ever get my name right. LOL!

See you all soon!!!!!!!
    Huggles
    Jenni

BTW - my email is eoelover@yahoo.com and I can also help you with character creation and such.

11. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Welcome both of you! Thanks for posting here - we can always be reached here as well as myspace accounts... Looking forward to Sunday

12. DarthPhanix

DarthPhanix Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2008
    Well, im gonna be a firesoul Genasi sword mage.
    I think of a name and background over the week.

13. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Darth Phanix - welcome BACK!

Jason is working on our character sheets and will fill in details so we can get to playing again quicker. I looked through the few mini's I have (+-20) and may have some others in the group could use if they prefer (I'll bring them along w/ some dice). I have to find a Wizard somewhere though since I don't have one (I'll have to try to find that site they mentioned where you can buy individually - can anyone say Raistlin!).

QUESTION: Multi-class
    My character "Dalamar" is a wizard - CAN HE ALSO BE MULTI-CLASS w/ Rogue? What would change from my stats already given to our DM?

14. funshinespy

Nov 11, 2008
    If you want to mutli-class your wizard into a rogue, I don't see why you cannot do so. If you look in the players guide under FEATS, you will find a section on multi-classing feats. It will tell you what the requirements are in order to multi-class. For example...in order for my Warlock to multi-class into a Warlord, I had to have a DEX of at least 13. So...you will need to check the requirement. Also, it will tell you what you gain by multi-classing...I gained the Warlord's Inspiring Word as a daily and I can now choose Warlord utilities, encounters, and daily, or other feats.

Is anyone going to be a Cleric?!

<3 Jenni

15. Dravidius

Nov 11, 2008
    I have finished your wizard pretty much. I used the 16,14,13,12,11,10 spread so you still got the 18 INT but if you want to Multiclass into a rogue you can do that. I would not do it until you get a good grip on how to play and such, but you do as you like, I want you to have fun. I have finished the Rogue, and I will get the swordmage done tonight. Jenni and I may get together if there is time to night and print them out. Somebody will need to be a cleric I would think, but I am not going to force the issue. I will send an email to the other two players from last week and suggest one of them play a cleric, but no promises.

16. DarthPhanix

Oct 17, 2008
    Thank you! I don't think there are any clerics interested in the job... Unless there is room for another player - we could have Mark play one - he was the guy who came late and would share a character w/ Matt (The rogue).

Thanks again. Oh and my father (RIP) will not do the multi-class Rogue - he's good with the Wizard!

17. matthewuzimake

Jun 12, 2008
    i wish there was a ninja class

18. Dravidius

Nov 11, 2008
    Ok we have a cleric so no worries. Unfortunately people can not share characters, sorry. No ninjas yet, but maybe on the 18th of this month there will be when the Martial Powers book comes out. Anyways we got everyone's characters made they are all legal rpga, with power cards, so you don't have to look up things in the PHB. We made the Wizard, Rogue, and Swordmage, giving the Swordmage firesoul, and making the breath weapon of the Dragonborn acid. Hope you all like them. See you on sunday.

19. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Is there room for any more players? We have one that wanted to share a character with the Rogue when he is not able to come since he thought there was no room w/ max. 6 players. Can there be 7?

20. Dravidius

Nov 11, 2008
    Unfortunately a legal table is 6 players. That being said, I may be starting a home game that i will sanction once a week. I was thinking of inviting you and two people of your choice to round out a group of four of five. Any thoughts?

21. Dravidius

Nov 11, 2008
    Also your other player is free to make a character for the game and play when we don't have a group of at least 4 or if someone can't make it or whatever. I also do mind if you talk to the other players to try to work out something like a rotation so that everyone gets to play. I probably will not be able to run more than one game a week at the monstore because my wife wants to play a game at home, which is why I am thinking about sanctioning a home game.

22. funshinespy

Nov 11, 2008
    Hey gang.
    Just wanted to stop in and say hello. Things seem to be going pretty well with the preparations for Sunday night's game. I have everyone's character sheets with power cards in my Strawberry Shortcake folder. I will be ariving early with Jason again to help set up and whatnot. If you want to make any changes to your character between now and Sunday at 2pm, please email me and let me know so I can change it and reprint it for you. I have all your characters saved on my computer. The only one that isn't done is the barbarian becuase it is not available on character builder beta yet.

Anywho...please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help make your gaming experience even more awesome. I am there to help Jason however I can...my main goal is to make sure eveyrone had a good time. So...you tell me if you need anything!

Toodles!
    Jenni

eoelover@yahoo.com

23. Dravidius

Nov 11, 2008
    And I am there to make sure that Jenni's character is killed!!!!!!

24. matthewuzimake

Jun 12, 2008
    thanks for the acid breath cant wait for sunday

25. DarthPhanix

Oct 17, 2008
    WHAT TIME ARE WE MEETING on Sunday? 6PM, 4PM or 2PM? I'm so confused...

LOL

Anyway - what Barbarian? Do the other two guys (Names?) that were there have access to computer and net? Could you pass on this site to them so we can all use?
    Thank you again - REALLY! Can't wait!

One question - My dad (Rip) want's to know Is there a spell or option for a "familiar" (He loved playing with them in the past)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.