main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - PT Dustland Fairytale (Beru/Owen, Luke - 2012 Dear Diary Challenge) - Fin Sept 9

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Briannakin , Jan 1, 2012.

1. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    YES! LUKE IS COMING. :D

Lovely update Bri! I'm really looking forward to hear about baby Luke. I hope this move won't last long.

I think I'll update my diary today too.

2. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Awww, hooray! I can't wait for baby Luke!!! [face_love]

We were snuggling as we listened to the sound-cast from Tosche Station when our comm rang.

I love the sound-cast from Tosche Station, too! ;)

3. Toni

Toni Jedi Master star 1

Jul 11, 1998
    A reminder that soemthing good came out of the events of ROTS. Can't wait to read about Beru and Owen adjusting to raising a baby (-:

4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    A/N: Hey guys. Sadly, because of The Move, Darth Real Life, and my other writing projects, this diary died long before the boards came back up. I won’t be going on till the end of the year. This will be the last post :( Hopefully it will be a nice point to end on. Perhaps, one day, if I find myself with no plot bunnies (like THAT will ever happen), I will revisit Beru Lars. I truly think she is one of the biggest unsung heroes of the GFFA. Thank you all for reading this, even if it was short and incredibly angsty. I didn’t mean it to be so. I feel like we all got cheated out of a year of baby Luke mush.

Entry Number: 8

Today was the best day of my life.

Today, my baby Luke came.

For the past few days Owen and I have been preparing for him. We are lucky – my family has been more than willing to help out financially and have given us a ton of hand-me-down baby things.

No one on Tatooine asks many questions, but if anyone asks, Luke is the son of Owen’s much older half-brother on his deceased mother’s side, who was a pilot that died recently. That is our story to keep Luke safe. My family believed it, so anyone else should too.

Owen and I were outside this evening, watching the suns set, when I heard someone approaching on an eopie. It was Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi. He got off his mount and we approached each other. He gave me the bundle. I looked down and I couldn’t help but smile. Luke was awake but calm. He is so beautiful.

By the time I looked back up, Obi-Wan was already taking off.

I took my Luke to see his Uncle Owen. We, our family of three, watched the suns set.

We are inside now. Luke is in his crib, asleep. He just had his snack of formula milk and he went right to sleep. I am here, looking at him. He is in a pair of hand-me-down green footie pajamas and his face is just so peaceful.

I should go to bed, Owen is probably waiting for me, but I just can’t leave my Luke. Not yet anyways.

He means everything to me. He is my life now.

I have a funny feeling I will no longer have the time to keep a diary.

Fin.

5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Oh! That was very tender and sweet, Briann, :)

It's a great place to end the diary.

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Beautiful place to stop =D= Beru's warmth and instant bond to Luke comes across very clearly. @};- @};-

An AU idea for a one-shot just occurred to me - about Beru meeting Mara Jade. [face_dancing] I'll have to think on it a while LOL But I think Beru would love Mara and give her approval :) :)

7. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Thanks Hazel

Thank you. That would be a beutiful AU one-shot. Or, how about a AU of my AU were Beru Skywalker meets Beru Lars?!?!