main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN DVD Deals of the Day/Week

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by DVDMaster, Jul 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Zach is having password problems and will be out of pocket for a few days, so he asked me to post this week's report until he is back in action:

"...the best price on The Lion King is free from Kroger if you buy 20 of the selected items (I did, but boy I've sure got a lot of crackers stashed in this house). Otherwise the best place appears to be Circuit City where for $14.99 you get not only the 2-disc set, but also a 'free AM/FM radio with earphones.'"

Expect a full report from the DVD Master himself on Wednesday afternoon or early Thursday.

2. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    WalMart is never outdone.
    They are selling The Lion King for $14.87. But of course no free radio.

And the big news...
    On the back of insert is an advertisement for the next release in the Platinum Editon Series.... ALADDIN .... in Oct 2004.

3. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    Well, as promised I'm finally back. Since my work was having a training retreat this Monday to Wednesday, I was going to post this Sunday night. My 'cookie' must have expired because it wanted a password when I tried to PM Hama about Horrorfest. After realizing that I couldn't recall the password I requested a reminder from admin around 10 pm Sunday night. The password was finally sent this morning (when I was back at work where the password was written down). 4 days for a password, can you believe it??? Anyways, here are the tardy best deals for the week of 10/05/03 to 10/11/03:
    The Lion King (SE): As noted above this title is free from Kroger if you buy 20 of the selected items (I did & have more carbs in the house then anyone should). My mother also said that Kroger was giving you several items free with purchase (even if you are buying the DVD for free) that includes a 6 pack of Danon water, a 10 pack of Hi-C Blast, a 2 or 3 bag box of Orville Redenbacher Papcorn, and a Random House exclusive Lion King fun pack (basically a big fold out poster with stuff for the kiddies) (by the way, GMSepiroth, you can have my poster if you want it, just PM me & I'll bring it to Horrorfest). This may not be true in all locations, so look for a sign announcing this deal in your local store. Otherwise the best place still appears to be Circuit City where for $14.99 you get not only the 2-disc set, but also a "free AM/FM radio with earphones." With the radio this still beats the WMT deal Grand Moff went for. Another deal for those wanting a Disney library is available at MediaPlay where for $30 you get not only Lion King, but one other title from a selected list: Lilo & Stitch, Treasure Planet, A Bugs Life (2-disc), Dumbo (60th Anniv. Edt.), Fox & the Hound (Gold Coll.), Fantasia (60th Anniv.), Monsters Inc. (2-disc), Pocahontas (Gold), Jungle Book 2, Hunback of Notre Dame, Mary Poppins (Gold), Atlantis (Lost Empire or Milo's Return), The Rescuers (Gold), Sword In the Stone (Gold), Robin Hood (Gold), Inspector Gadget 2, Sleeping Beauty (2-disc SE), or 101 Dalmations 2. Finally, for those really into the Lion King, only Best Buy advertises the Gift Set with 9 drawings and a special book for $39.99.
    The Italian Job: is $16.99 at Best Buy or Circuit City. Target MAY have Marky Mark for $15.99, but since they "Low Price"ed it, that's unconfirmed. The original Michael Caine version is $14.99 or gift setted with the new version for $29.99 at Best Buy.
    The In-Laws: The Mike Douglas/Al Brooks flick IS $15.99 at Target.
    Sleepless in Seattle (10th Anniv. Edt.): another version of a timely romantic classic is $12.99 at Circuit City. This version (as per Amazon) finally has commentary (not Meg, or Tom, though), a featurette and a $10 Starbucks gift card (if true, then it almost pays for itself if you're addicted to the bean).
    Star Trek: DS9 (Season 5): is $99.99 at Best Buy & MediaPlay and includes a bonus disc with a "sketchbook of original & unusual designs and an exploration of the evolving Frengi Culture." I can't decide if I should get it or just wait until Season 6 hits next month (so far I've only been buying the even numbered ones, no reason).
    Willard: This creepy tale starring McFly from Back to the Future is $16.99 at Circuit City.
    Hollywood Homicide: the ill received flick starring Han Solo (Dr. Jones) and the other kid from Pearl Harbor is $17.99 at Circuit City.
    Cat In the Hat (animated): is $9.99 at Circuit City and includes a Child's admission to the Mike Myers version that comes later this year. Adults (who buy the DVDs) are hereby screwed out of a chance to see the flick for free. How much harm would it have been to just limit the ticket's value to $6.50 (the stated ticket value) and let you see a matinee or pay the difference?
    Bulletproof Monk: Best Buy still has this title for $16.99.
    National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story: It's Christmas in October with these releases.

4. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Bump to reflect updaate on Kroger's Lion King offer.

5. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Actually, the password reminder request doesn't go to an Admin -- it is an automatic function that doesn't always work. Shara_82 sent you your password after I PM'd her and asked on your behalf.

6. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Thanks Dylan. Its good to see even retired Admin watch over the flock. I thought it was a little weird that 1) I didn't get a response in a timely manner and 2) that the system didn't just reset the password to random characters.

At the risk of resorting to the most over used compliment in the FF, Yoda the man Dylan! Thank you kindly! :D It was cold being locked out there in the depths of space.

7. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Hey kids it's another Sci-Fi DVD week. For the week of 10/12/03 to 10/18/03:
    Matrix Reloaded: While many retailers have the title for $14.99 (Best Buy, Circuit City, KMart) but only Best Buy offers an extra. Included on pack at Best Buy is a bonus DVD containing over 30 minutes of content.
    The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (SE): The Limited Edition rerelease of the original classic on DVD is $14.99 at Circuit City. I don't know if there is a difference, but CCity's picture shows a packet of meat on the cover while Best Buy's pic shows a chainsaw silhouted in black. CCity also has the sequel available for $9.99.
    Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (SCE): Hey Gene, Bill wants to direct the next movie what do you think? Well, how bad can it be. So bad that even Capt. Kirk has to ask, "Why does God need a starship?" This will be the first time I violate my inner Trekker, but I just can't pay the $17.99 at Circuit City for it.
    Christmas with the Simpsons: If you can't wait for the next year's boxset (unconfirmed) then take $9.99 over to Circuit City. For crying out loud, the BIG episode "Simpsons Roasting On An Open Fire" is on the 1st season's box set.

Box Sets of shows you've probably never heard of: The Cracker (Season 1) starring Robbie Coltrane of Harry Potter (Hagrid) and James Bond (Valentin Dmitrovich Zukovsky in Goldeneye & The World Is Not Enough) fame is $34.99 at Best Buy. And Prime Suspect (Season 1) is $27.99 also at Best Buy.
    Best Buy's 2 for $20 Deal: Blow, Blade Runner, Full Metal Jacket (Let me hear your battle cry!), A Clockwork Orange, Blade, LA Confidential, Heat, American History X, Any Given Sunday, and Batman (Mike Keeton version).
    Circuit City's 2 for $20: Count of Monte Cristo, Bad Company, Shanghai Noon, O Brother Where Art Thou?, The Crow (Collector Edt.), From Dusk Till Dawn (Collector's Series) (Note: If you haven't seen this 2-disc set, this worth buying just for the BTS full length film "Full Tilt Boogie" look it up on the IMDB )
    See y'all again next week. Oh yeah, I'll try to post a review of those 2 SW fan film DVDs the guy next to us at Horrorfest had (Duality & Emergence of the Sith). I'll probably start a new thread for the reviews. So far they look pretty good and was worth the $25 for the 2 discs.

8. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Duality was available for free download from TFN. Its been out for over a year. I don't know about the other one though.

What is the "30 minutes of content" in regards to the Matrix Reloaded? Is it behind the scenes stuff, or a sneak peak at Revolutions? If its the latter, I'll be getting it at best buy then.

9. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    EDIT: The bonus disc contents are listed on the next post

Yeah, mostly the fan film disc is downloads from websites & several are compressed badly, but there is MUCH more than Duality on the disc. There is over 2 hours of fan films on each disc & the Duality disc includes "Batman: Dead End," where Batman fights the Joker, the Alien & the Predator. I'm about half-way through the Duality disc and I must comment that the menus are extremely well-done with SW music in the background. More to come...

10. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    OK, I watched one of the fan films disc last night so I haven't watched the Best Buy bonus disc for The Matrix Reloaded, but here's what they have listed on the disc:
    "The Matrix" Theatrical Trailer
    What Is Bullet Time?
    Animatrix Features: "Inside the Animatrix" & one of the films "The 2nd Renaissance-Part II"
    & "The Matrix Reloaded" Theatrical Trailer

The disc is only packaged with specially marked copies of "Matrix Reloaded" (sticker on front, plus the disc is placed so that it duplicates Trinity, Neo, & Morph on the cover).

But I forgot to also tell you about Best Buy's free DVD that is available with the purchase of ANY music, movie, or game selection. The disc (Coming Attractions Vol.1) features trailers or promos for 46 films (i.e. Indy DVD collection, Pirates of the Caribbean, Charlie's Angels 2, X2, Seabiscuit, Santa Clause 2, The Alamo, Elf, Kill Bill, Master & Commander, Runaway Jury, Bend It Like Beckham, Black Hawk Down, etc.), 22 games (including SW: Rogue Squadron III-Rebel Strike, & T3), and 12 future music releases from all generes. Over 2 hours of content.

This disc is worth the trip to Best Buy! Reminds me of the extras on the discs that would come with the (now defunct) Total Movie magazine. I had to ask a salesperson to find them, but they usually have more than enough of these disc for consumer demand (usually have extras even after the week of the promo). It also comes with tons of coupons for future use.

The weirdest trailer has to be for a documentary called "Okie Noodling." It follows around a bunch of rednecks (and I do mean Rednecks in the finest sense of the word) as they crawl through streams & swamps to catch fish with their bare hands. Yeah, you read that right. These people are really big on the practice. I could not have made this kind of thing up. This is a must see if you couldn't get enough out of "Deliverance." And some thought sci-fi fans were off their rockers. Yes, this film is in the IMDB and (currently) 27 votes has rated this a 7.4/10. Some people...

11. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    From your description it sounds EXACTLY like the bonus DVD that Best Buy is offering is the very one they were offering with pre-purchase of the Matrix Reloaded game, which I already have. If you have the Animatrix DVD, and have been to the official website, then you have already seen everything that is on this DVD. BTW, if you are counting your pennies, Wal-mart is beating Best Buys price by 10 cents.

Also, starting Nov 5, Matrix Revolutions will be playing at our local IMAX at Opry Mills. It is the only theater showing it in all of Tennessee. For more information:

Regal IMAX Theatre
    Opry Mills
    570 Opry Mills Drive
    Nashville, TN 37214
    615-514-4629
    Regalcinemas.com

[image=http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/rvimax/img/imax_nav2_10ovr.gif]

12. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    MediaPlay Makes Ad Error, Please Read
    Before I post this week's deals, needed to tell you about the run-around I got from Mediaplay on one of their advertised deals yesterday. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that according to the Mediaplay ad that they had Star Trek: Deep Space 9 (Season 5) for $19.99. I read the ad several times and decided to be there when they opened the door (figured they only had one for this price to get you in the door). Well I got there at Noon when the Hickory Hollow store opened. Saw a sign on the door thinking that it might be a correction,... nope just an ad for an upcoming Fining Nemo event. When I got to the box sets there was indeed only one Season 5 set, but there were no signs or prices marked. Headed up to the register and they scanned it at $99.99. Showed them the ad & of course they got their manager over there. She said that it had been a misprint and that they had signs up. Where??? Pointed out to her that there were no signs up in the DVD section where the product was, but she didn't have an answer for that. I tried to see if she'd make a deal (it's her company's mistake not mine). She wouldn't even knock 10% off, even though I was the first customer to point this out to her. If there was an $80 mistake in my national ad I'd make it every manager's responsibility to have corrections posted the night before. If there are no corrections posted then they are guilty of false advertising & should have to honor the price until sufficient notice is made.

It seems that customer service has taken a backseat to the greed of MediaPlay. MediaPlay regularly wants $139.99 for this set when (before discounts) Amazon lists it for $129.99, Best Buy wants $109.99 and Wal-Mart has it everyday for $98.59. This means they are routinuly wanting +$10 over suggested manufacturers retail price. I couldn't believe that the guy in front of me was paying $21.99 for the "Matrix Reloaded." Almost wanted to hit him on the head for not getting it for $14.99 at Best Buy last week.

I'm pursuing this compliant to corporate relations at MediaPlay. No, I probably wasn't going to trade Andrew Jackson for a 7-disc box set, but I expected more from this struggling retailer. Because of the large amount of my disposable income that goes into their coffers I expected something to be done for their misstep.

The fact that there was no signage on the front door nor next to the one product unit that they had on the sales floor is the issue. Do recall that at the most, MediapPlay only puts out an ad every 2 weeks. Can't they get somebody to glance over the ad to see if they made an $80 error?

If I don't get a satisfactory response from MediaPlay, y'all may not be seeing any more free publicity for them in this forum. Of course if they do the right thing & throw me a coupon or about 100,000 of their Replay member points, then I'll be sure to praise them on this thread.

Thanks for reading my complaints. When a business treats you right you'll tell a couple of people, when they treat you wrong you'll tell 7 people; in this case I'm putting it out there for anyone who reads the TheForce.Net forums. May we see a change in attitude if MediaPlay is to be a viable competitor to Best Buy or Circuit City.

13. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Well, if you haven't seen it please read my previous post in this thread about a MediaPlay incident involving this week's ad and why they may not be reported in this thread again. For the week of 10/19/03 to 10/25/03:
    The Adventures of Indiana Jones: Best Buy has the four disc set for $44.99 and they will also give you an exclusive 5th DVD Raiders of the Lost Ark Classic Featurette. "This disc has rarely-seen footage & exclusive scenes featuring the cast and crew of this beloved film."
    Battlestar Galactica (Movie): The original film is $14.99 at Circuit City or Best Buy.
    Battlestar Galactica: Complete Epic Series: The 6-disc set with enemy cyclon on the cover is only $79.99 also at Circuit City.
    Charlie's Angels:Full Throttle (Rated or Unrated Versions): The sequel is $15.99 at Circuit City or buy both Charlie's Angels films for $25 at Best Buy. The first film is a Superbit release.
    28 Days Later: The UK horrer hit is $17.99 at Best Buy or Circuit City.
    Hercules (Season 2): The complete season set is $44.99 at Best Buy.
    Dark Angel (Seasons 1 or 2): The set is $45.99 at Best Buy, Target, or Circuit City. If you buy both seasons of Dark Angel Best Buy will knock off $10.
    Steven Spielberg Presents: Taken: The Sci-Fi Channel series is out on a 6-disc set for $89.99 at Best Buy and Circuit City.
    Law & Order: SVU or Criminal Intent (Season 1): Either series' first seasons are $45.99 at Best Buy.
    Evil Dead (Book of the Dead Version): As a halloween treat the Book of the Dead version of the DVD with the most different version releases in history (probably :p ) is at Best Buy for $19.99. ($13 savings) The Boomstick Edition of this film can be grabbed for $17.99, but you don't get "the book made from human skin."
    Scary Movie 1 & 2: Both of the films are yours for $20 (total) at Circuit City. You'll also get a FREE 12-minute DVD w/scenes from Scary Movie 3.
    It Runs In the Family: The Douglas family film is $15.99 at Circuit City.
    Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman: the animated film is $17.99 at Circuit City.
    The Incredible Hulk: The TV Series Ultimate Collection: The 6-disc set is $49.99 at Circuit City.

See y'all next week for the best DVD buy for your dollar. :D

14. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Some slight updates for this week:
    The Best Buy Indiana Jones bonus disks are notated with a big sticker on the front cover. Also, the Hickory Hollow Best Buy still had TONS of the FREE Coming Attractions DVD, look for a grey book with The Hulk, No Doubt, and a few others on the cover. I grabbed an extra one when I bought the Indy set. Since no one ever replies to my free DVD offers I'm just going to bring my extras to the Halloween party & maybe someone will take them off my hands there.

Stopped at Sam's Club last night. They had the Complete Battlestar Galactica set for around $72.00 (plus they put an extra plastic shell around this release so you can get a Cylon head free of any mares or scratches). They also had Steven Spielberg's Taken for the mid to high $70 range. Finally their Indiana Jones sets were $42.86 (not certain of the cents amount), but sans the Best Buy bonus disc of course. Later!

15. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    Before going to Best Buy, I advise going by Eckerd to pick up their weekly ad. They have an advertised price of just $34.99 for Indiana Jones, although they are unilkely to actually have it in stock. Best Buy will match this price (and the cashier commented on how he couldn't understand that pricing). The price at Sam's is $42.44.

Battlestar Galactica is marked at $83.99 on the box at Best Buy, so the advertised price of $89.99 is a mistake. They also had plenty of the coming attractions DVDs in Cool Springs on Wednesday.

16. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    I wondered about that Best Buy price for Battlestar, but since I wan't going to buy that set I didn't ask. Sounds like Sam's Club is the best place for the Battlestar series. Strangely, I don't remember the Antioch Sam's Club having the Battlestar Galactica movie, oh well. I have to watch my pennies as I get ready to close on the house a week from today!

17. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    The extra disc offered by Best Buy is overrated. Its only 10 minutes of promotional footage and not very memborable. Michael let me watch his and I wasn't sorry that I didn't get it.

18. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Sorry for being a tad late, I'm still recovering from this weekend (yet another paper was due yesterday plus the Lester bash). This turned out to be a light DVD week, so I'm going to go ahead & predict The Hulk as the best selling disc. For the week of 10/26/03 to 11/01/03:
    The Hulk: The angry Bruce Banner is $15.99 at Best Buy (BB) & Circuit City (CC). Best Buy offers a $10 mail-in rebate if you buy this title & The Incredible Hulk The TV Series Ultimate Collection for $54.99 for the 6 disc set. Best Buy also has a collection of The Incredible Hulk made-for-TV movies also for $15.99 for the 2-disc set.
    The Matrix Reloaded: Repeat offer from Circuit City who has the title for $15.99 for those who were asleep two weeks ago when it came out.
    The Sopranos (4th Season): The HBO award winning series is $69.99 for the 4-disc set at Target, Best Buy & Circuit City. CC will knock off $15 if you buy one of the other 3 seasons, whereas Best Buy has their multiples deal: Buy 2 Save $30, 3 saves $50, 4 saves $70. Season 3 is $69.99 and 1 & 2 are $84.99 each.
    Space Jam (SE): The Looney Tunes/Mike Jordan flick gets the 2-disc SE treatment for $16.99 at both Target. CC advertises free movie cash for "Looney Tunes:Back In Action" with purchase of this title or the one below. This ticket is limited to $6.50 so it may only be good for a child's ticket, but this is unconfirmed.
    The Looney Tunes: Golden Collection: The set includes "56 of the most entertaining classic Looney Toons (sic) shorts" & "enlightening commentaries from animation experts." Target has this 4-disc set priced at $45.99. They advertise saving an extra $15 when purchasing another selected Looney Tunes title, so "Space Jam" might qualify.
    Married With Children (Season 1): The complete 1st season of the Bundy's who helped make Fox a success is out on a 2-disc set for $22.99 at Best Buy.
    Coupling (UK version) (Season 2): The better (than NBC) version of the hit comedy is $27.99 at Best Buy. If you also buy Season 1 for $19.99 you save $10.
    There are also several Halloween movie deals available at BB and CC, so check stores or ads for details. That'll about do it this week, once again there aren't any new releases worth writing home about. Next week will see the release of a few more popular series (Friends & Star Trek: DS9 (S6)).

19. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    For the week of 11/02/03 to 11/08/03:
    Finding Nemo: Disney's big money maker is $14.99 at Circuit City (CC) and Target. CC will give you a free mousepad with purchase.
    Friends (Season 5): is $29.99 at CC and Target. CC will take off $10 now plus $10 by mail with the purchase of Season 5 and any of the other 4 seasons. WARNING: This title has been historically cheaper at Sam's Club. See update in my next post.
    Star Trek: Deep Space 9 (Season 6): is $99.99 at Best Buy (BB) and includes a bonus disc with 3 Featurettes: "Inside One Little Ship," "Ferengi Rules of Acquisition: The Beginning" & "The Sequel."
    Ice Age: the classic family movie has had its price slashed to $12.99 at CC. Check the BB ad if you plan to buy this title and Finding Nemo this week. There may be a better deal at that store.
    Matrix films; BB has the Martix Revisited for $9.99, the original film for $7.99, and the sequel & Animatrix are $19.99 each.
    The Man Show (Season 1, Vol. 2): The original hosts of the good version (as oppossed to the current season with the new hosts) are back on a 3-disc set of this bachelor's favorite for $23.99 at BB and includes 2 Man Show beverage coasters.
    The Anna Nicole Show (Season 1): E!'s blond dimwit hits the disc sets for $26.99 at BB in a 3-disc "Uncensored" set.
    Legally Blonde 2 (SE): Local girl does good, Nashville's Reese Witherspoon returns to her pink-clad character for $16.99 at CC. The original film is $12.99 at CC.
    8 Crazy Nights: The animated Adam Sandler is yours for $17.99 at CC.

That'll about do it for this week. See y'all later. FYI, this is the first week of the MediaPlay embargo since they ignore customers (see previous posts in this thread) so unless they have a deal that stands out from the competition, you won't see them in this article for quite some time.

20. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    "The Anna Nicole Show (Season 1): E!'s blond dimwit hits the disc sets for $26.99 at BB in a 3-disc "Uncensored" set. "

I don't know whats scarrier, that the show lasted more than one episode, or the fact that its out on DVD, in a boxed set no less. Do you get free inflatable furniture with the boxed set or maybe a manual on finding a filthy rich spouse the same age as your great grandparents and cheating their rightfully entitled heir out of millions of dollars when they kick the bucket. Then it will show you how to go from being Playmate of the year to eating your self into oblivion and then how to get your own T.V. show about YOUR sorry existence. It doesn't get much lower or tackier than Anna.

I put that show right DOWN there with Jerry Springer as the worst of trash t.v.

21. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Worked on the new house until late last night, so this was the first chance I've had to be on-line. Friends (Season 5) is $28.27 at Sam's Club. Not the best price break in the world, but I'll gladly save the $1.68 & tax.

It's a wonder that people will watch Anna Nicole. I heard that the first year that the show ran, Playboy named her as the biggest disgrace of the year and the most disappointing of the former Playmates of all time for going down hill with such speed.

22. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Behold this is the week of Gov. Ahnold! For the week of 11/09/03 to 11/15/03:

Terminator 3: The 2-disc set is $15.99 at Best Buy, Circuit City, KMart, & (?) Target (sneaky little dillholes did the "low price" cop out with a floating price so the ad is useless). Best Buy includes a content card that "Features movie screen shoots, production concept art, plus wallpaper & screen saver downloads." See the next title for a further deal for T3.

Pumping Iron 25th Anniversary: Ahnold's intro to mainstream comes in this new release for $12.99 at Circuit City. If you buy this title at Best Buy along with T3, then you'll get Pumping Iron for just $9.99.

Three's Company (Season 1): The set that is reported to include a tribute to the great John Ritter (RIP) is $12.99 at Best Buy.

Ahnold Deals of the week: To capitalize on the release of T3, the following stores have these titles at low prices:
    Best Buy:T2 (Xtreme) is $15.99, The Running Man (also starring ex-Gov. Ventura, MN(I)) is $9.99.
    Circuit City:Total Recall (SE) is $8.99, T1 (SE) is $12.99, T2 (Xtreme) is also $15.99, True Lies and Predator are each $9.99.

Dumb & Bumberer: The weak sequel that's sans Jim Carrey is $17.99 at Circuit City.

Lilo & Stitich's Island of Adventures DVD: The new set features 60 minutes of new Lilo & Stitch adventures and includes an interactive game board for $19.99 at Best Buy & Target. Great for keeping the kids quiet without having to lock them in a closet.

King of the Hill (Season 2): Hank Hill again peddles propane & propane accessories for $35.99 at Target and Best Buy. BB will take $10 off when you also buy Season 1 for $33.99.

Target's 2 for $20: The Terminator, Blazing Saddles, Fight Club (1-disc version), Caddyshack, The Blues Brothers, Animal House (Double Secret Probation Edt.), Independence Day (FF Version).

That about does it for this week. JFK was once again released in a SE, but everyone wants $19.99 for it and that is NOT a sales price. See y'all again soon. Go out there and own the machines before they own you!

23. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Just got my copy of T3 at Wal-Mart for $15.87!

24. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    The Wal-Mart in Hickory Hollow gave me T3 for $14.77!!! Looks like Wal-Mart going all over the board with this one becasue the Waverly, TN (had an audit today) was selling it for the full $19.97.

Would've posted the better WMT price yesterday, but was busy with packing and hence stayed off-line.

EDIT: Strangely, as of 11/14/03 the Hickory Hollow WMT is now charging $15.87 for T3. Perhaps the $14.77 was only good for the street day.

25. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    I'm gonna pass on T3. I saw it in the theater and did think it was better than the Hulk, but its missing one big thing - James cameron. The story writing just wasn't up to the standard he set for the 1st two.

I'm gearing up for next week when LOTR TTT Extended Edition will be released. Yes, its going to be $25. However, I'm betting that like last time there will be a free movie pass for ROTK good until the end of the year. Which at $7.75 brings this DVD set of 4 down under $18. Thats a pretty good deal IMO. I just wonder if I should wait to see it on the big screen come Trilogy Tuesday. ?[face_plain] I probably should, but I know that I won't :( I have to have something entertaining to watch while I draw. :)

Also, Tomb Raider 2 will be released in a 2 Disc set at the same time as TTT. while it has some very familiar tones to Indiana Jones & the last Crusade, I found it very entertaining, better than the original and will be adding it to my DVD collection :D

Also for those looking for some good holiday DVDs. So far I've seen on the shelves the 20th Anniversary widescreen edition of National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, the Charlie Brown boxed holiday set including, Great Pumpkin, Thanksgiving, & a Charlie Brown Christmas, the 20th Anniversary 2 disc edition of A Christmas Story, a 2 pack of Miracle on 34th Street & Its a Wonderful Life, The original Dr. Seus Grinch who stole Christmas cartoon, The Grinch starring Jim Carey, Trading Places, Planes Trains & automobiles, Home Alone 1, 2, 3 , The Muppet Christmas Carol, A christmas Carol - the best IMHO being the one with George C Scott, Christmas with the Simpsons, Earnest saves Christmas, The Santa Clause & the Santa Clause 2 will be released on Nov 18th as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.