main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN DVD Deals of the Day/Week

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by DVDMaster, Jul 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    For the week of 12/07/03 (Remember Pearl Harbor!) to 12/13/03:
    Bad Boys II: Will & Martin are back and have arrived for $15.99 at Best Buy, Target (?), and Circuit City (?). Best Buy will sell you both this film and its original version for $25.
    M*A*S*H Season 5: Hot Lips finally gets featured on the cover! Best Buy & Target have this title listed for $29.99, but as always, Sam's Club will likely have a better price. Update to come. Best Buy is also knocking off $$ for multiple season purchases: 2 saves $10, 3 gets you $15, 4 gets you $25, & getting all 5 saves $40. FYI, Walmart.com has it listed for $27.98 so it is likely a lower price in the stores.
    Gigli: A part of me can't believe this film can be that bad with JLo shaking it and Pacino being mobbed up, but based on reviews that sound like their talking about the SW Holiday Special, it should be safe to call this a bigger bomb than anything we dropped on Iraq (OR the biggest bomb since Fat Man or Little Boy). The poop lands at Best Buy for $15.99.
    Dirty Dancing (Ultimate Edition): This classic film that has a special meaning to me (not too long of a story, another time maybe) lands for $12.99 at Best Buy & Circuit City in a 2-disc set. Each will also knock off $5 if you buy the Ultimate soundtrack ($11.99 at Best Buy). Isn't much different than the Collector's Edition that I paid too much for along time ago (now that edition is mucho cheap), but they remastered it and included a new commentary and some BTS stuff.
    How to Deal: A Mandy Moore glick that I'm not familiar with lands at Target & Circuit city for $15.99.
    Buffy TVS (Season 5): Sarah Michelle Geller nails a stake throught the heart of this 6-disc set for $45.99 at Best Buy, Target & Circuit City. CC will knock $10 off if you also buy any one of the first 4 seasons; Target has the same deal, but only on seasons 3 or 4. BB will give you the original Kristy Swanson Buffy film for free (9.99 value).
    Lizzie McGuire: America's latest jail bait blonde has a couple of episodes coming out this week for $14.99 each at Circuit City and Target.
    Target Box Sets: Firefly (Season 1) $35.99; Simpsons (Season 3) $39.99; Family Guy (Volumes 1 or 2) $39.99; Friends (Season 5) $39.99; Sex & the City (Season 4) $39.99; Will & Grace (Season 1) $34.99; Saved By the Bell (S1 & S2) $39.99; King of the Hill (S2) $39.99.
    CC's 2 for $20 Choose from: Tears of the Sun, Desperado (SE), Black Hawk Down (Bare Bones), Bad Boys (SE), 2 Can Play That Game, Spiderman, XXX, Resident Evil (SE), National Security, or Half Past Dead. They also have a selection of X-Mas classics for $12.99.
    BB's 2 for $20 Like above: Spiderman, Desperado (SE), Stand By Me, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Darkness Falls, Lawerence of Arabia (1-disc), Dogma (SE 2-disc), Hook, Donnnie Brasco, Memento (Bare Bones), Charlie's angels (Superbit), Snatch, Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind (1-disc).

"MASH" & maybe "Dirty Dancing" are my picks of the week. Happy Shopping and remember that during a Holiday sale, headbuts are allowed if there are less than 4 door buster items left. Also, biting your rival isn't frowned on during this time of year. (JK, in case any psychos are reading this) :p

2. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Quick update: Sam's Club has M*A*S*H Season 5 for $25.87 at the Antioch location.

3. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Well, this will hopefully not take long as I need to start preparing for tomorrow's LOTR marathon (sleep). For the week of 12/14/03 to 12/20/03:
    Seabiscuit: The sleeper hit of the summer (what do you expect when Spider-Man rides a horse?) is out on disc for $15.99 at Target and Circuit City. Best Buy wants $16.99, but they include the paperback book on the package. See my WMT forecast below. The Seabiscuit Gift Set includes the WS DVD, 20-page behind the scenes book, collectible film cell and more is $39.99 at Best Buy. Circuit City advertises a "2-disc collector's set" for $29.99, unsure if this is the same as the gift set.
    The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: The Sean Connery film that failed to generate summertime box office buzz comes to disc with actor, producer, & visual effects commentaries, a making of featurette & 12 deleted scenes. Everyone appears to want $19.99 for it, but Circuit City will include an exclusive LXG comic book with purchase. Best Buy's website indicates a price of $17.99.
    Freaky Friday: The supprisingly still good looking Jamie Lee Curits stars in this chick flick for tweens for $15.99 at Circuit City & Target.
    Escape from NY: Snake Plissken's initial release is back in a SE with 2 commentaries, original bank robbery opening, featurettes, and more is $15.99 at Target.
    South Park (Season 3): The foul-mouthed 4-some is back in a 3-disc set for $32.99 at Target.
    Nat. Geographic's Beyond the Movie: LOTR: Return of the King: The documentary includes free movie cash for LOTR: Return of the King with purchase (valid 12/17 to 1/17/04) is $19.99 at Circuit City. NOTE: CC is the only one advertising the free ticket.
    Circuit City's X-Mas greats: For $13.99 each: A Christmas Story (bare bones), Nat. Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (SE), or How the Grinch Stole Christmas (cartoon).
    On Golden Pond: Hank Fonda's swan song is $14.99 at Target and is part of a 3 for $30 deal at Best Buy.
    BB's 3 for $30: Titles include: Bad Boys I, Terminator 1, Fight Club (1-disc), XXX, Reservior Dogs, Young Guns, Die Another Day, Tears of the Sun, Mission Impossible, Spinal Tap, The Usual Suspects, Babershop, Stuart Little 1 & 2, Sleepless in Seattle (SE), Moulin rouge (1-disc), Runaway Bride, My Best Friend's Wedding, Legally Blonde, Footloose, Pretty in Pink, Steel Magnolias, Mask of Zorro (superbit), Labyrinth, the Princess Bride, Fiddler on the Roof, Sound of Music, and Ice Age.
    Wal-Mart Predictions: Well, I've noticed that my local WMT seems to put the big new releases out for $14.25 (last week it was Bad Boys 2 & something else (sorry)). So, I'm going on a limb & predicting the following being priced around $14.25 at your local WMT: Seabiscuit & Freaky Friday. We'll see if I'm right. [EDIT] Turns out Seabiscuit & LXG were the two discounted movies, but were only cut to around $15.78 or so.

See y'all next! DVDMaster, MBA is soon going to be Out at the Movies! Please note that isn't a San Fransisco, Judy Garland -loving comment. :D

4. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Well kids, not a lot of new deals so far this week. May be more when the after X-mas sales happen. By the way, I don't know how busy I'll be during the holidays so I may not post an update for the holiday sales. Hope y'all will understand. For the week of 12/21/03 to 12/24/03:
    Jeepers Creepers 2 (SE): The scary sequel is $16.99 at Circuit City who also has the original film for $13.99.
    New Releases: Include The Medallion and Alex & Emma, but everyone appears to want $19.99 for them.
    Circuit City has a bunch of films from $8.99 to $12.99. See your Sunday ad or check their website for titles.
    1st Season Deals: Best Buy has the first seasons of The Sopranos for $49.99 and of Sex & the City for $19.99. They also have the Indiana Jones Trilogy for $49.99 plus you'll get a $20 gift card for a future purchase.
    BB's $7.99 deals: Best Buy has 32 titles on sale including: A Knight's Tale, Rudy, Formula 51, Gattaca, Money Train, The Wedding Planner, Saving Silverman, The Sweetest Thing, Panic Room, The Craft, Vampires and others check the website or Sunday ad for complete list of titles.
    Target's 2 for $20 deals: Unless otherwise noted assume the one-disc versions of: Sound of Music, Shallow Hal, Ice Age, Office Space, Just Married, Drumline, Antwoine Fisher, Swimfan, Last of the Mohicans, The Transporter, and Brown Sugar.

See y'all real soon I'm sure. Happy Holidays!

5. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Zach -- any word on the best deals for Underworld? I believe it's being released this Tuesday.

6. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Sorry guys for not having an update last week, but I was busy preping for the party and trying to not get sick. A more complete update will come later, but in answer to Dylan's question:

Underworld: Kate Beckinsale stars in the action-packed tale of ruthless intrigue and forbidden passion, set amidst a gothic metropolis & an underworld teeming with vampires & werewolves. The DVD features: Director/writer commentary, The making of story, trailers, creature features and more. Target, Best Buy, & Circuit City have the disc for $15.99.

The days of Wal-Mart pricing a new disc for $14.25-14.77 appear to be over as SWAT and American Wedding were each $15.87 last week. There is always the chance that WMT will make Underworld their $15.87 title of the week as this appears to be the release of the week. I wouldn't be surprised to see that sales for American Wedding were low since the ad wizards at Universal didn't street this title until Friday and while WMT had it for a decent (not great) price, they didn't carry the Unrated version due to the company being a bunch of prudes.

A complete update for the week is to come. TTFN for now!

7. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Well, I'm back to bring y'all the newest news (is that phrase redundant?) and the FIRST update of 2004. Past news bulletins will be maintained as a reference for any who speculate on future prices of DVD release. DVD deals for the week of 1/04/04 to 1/10/04:
    Underworld: Please see previous post
    Out of Time: The Denzel Washington that basically no one went to see is $15.99 at Circuit City & Target. Circuit City will give you this title along with an earlier Denzel film The Mighty Quinn for $22. That later title can also be purchased by itself for $7.99.
    The Shield (Season 2): Mike Chiklis is back to clean up LA's dirtiest streets for $45.99 at Best Buy. BB has the first season for the same price. If you want to catch up on the entire run of this well-written and award-winning FX show, then BB will knock $10 off with the purchase of both seasons.
    Spongebob Squarepants: The Seascape Capers: The favorite of stoners everywhere (and non-stoners too) is back in 10 acuatic adventures including 2 never-before-seen episodes for $12.99 at Best Buy & Target.

Moldy Oldies: 2 classic features are out for the 1st time on DVD for $14.99 each at Best Buy. They are (1)Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde (Classic Double Feature) & (2)The Posman Always Rings Twice starring Lana Turner.
    Legally Blonde 2 (Rerun): Best Buy has dropped the price this week on the Reese Witherspoon sequel to $15.99.
    Individual Alien Quadrilogy Movies: The movies previously released in December's Quadrilogy box set are available in each seperate 2-disc sets for $19.99 each at Circuit City & Best Buy (who only advertised the 1st 2 films). All 4 include alternate endings & bonus disc (per CC).
    Frasier & Cheers (season 2): Both beloved sit-coms' Season 2 box sets street today for $32.99 each at Target.
    Wiseguy (Season 1, Part 2): The Kevin Spacey starring series comes in a 4-disc set for $46.99 at Best Buy. BB also has the 1st part for the same price. Buy both parts & save $20.
    Babylon 5 (Season 4): The other space-station sci-fi adventure hits the streets for $79.99 at Best Buy.
    Circuit City Deals: For $11.99 each: Sweet Home Alabama, Deliver Us From Eva, Old School (Unrated), & 2 Fast 2 Furious (2 many 2's in 1 title). They also have for $19.99 a 2-pack of Scarface (Anniversay Edt.) & Fast & the Furious (Tricked Out Edt.).
    Uptown Girl: The film Britany Murphy did after Eminem (feel free to read into that) streets everywhere for $19.99 (No Deals Anywhere!).
    BB Deals: For $12.99 each: Terminator 3, Matrix Reloaded as well as Down With Love, 28 Days Later, HUD, Phonebooth, Chasing Amy (Criterion), Cool World, Tears of the Sun, Solaris, Jackass, XXX, Bend It Like Beckham, and Wrong Turn. For $14.99: X2 - Xmen United, 2-packs: Van Wilder & Weekend ar Bernie's or Pi & Requiem For a Dream. 2 for $20: Heat, Interview w/Vampire, Ocean's Eleven (Clooney Ver.), Murder By Numbers, Nat. Lampoon's Vacation (20th Anniv.), Ghost Ship, 2001, Full Metal Jacket, The Shining, Perfect Storm, Training Day, Femme Fatale, Scooby Doo, Kangaroo Jack, Collateral Damage, & LA Confidential.
    Not to be outdone: Target Deals: $10 each: Sweet Home Alabama, Frida, Count of Monte Cristo, O Brother Where Art Thou, Pretty Woman (10th Anniv.), Pearl Harbor (2-disc), Bridget Jone's Diary. NOTE: Be aware that Target has a very limited stock of DVDs. I tried to find Dirty Dancing for $10 last week on Sunday when the ad came out couldn't find it anywhere including BB who I was going to force a price match on. Same was true for some of the films this week. Not sure if Target will raincheck items. For $7.50 each: Dark Blue, A Guy Thing, Legally Blonde 1, Nicholas Nickleby, Guys & Dolls, and West Side Story (1-disc).

I'm exhausted from typing all of this, so if you're still reading at this point, then you deserve to win a prize. What's the prize?..."'Oh, uh, there won't be any money,

8. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    The quote is of course from CaddyShack & said by our favorite green keeper/ Gopher killer Bill Murry. Did I WIN! :D

"Oh, a race. Its a race! Its a race! I hope I win."

Name that quote ;)

9. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Very good Scott, although I wasn't trying to start a quote thread. Really it was just more of a test to see if anyone had gone blind reading the long update for this week. I figured someone would get it by lunch time!

10. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Maybe we should start a quote thread.

Scott's, I believe is by good ol' Mr. Bean from Rat Race.

11. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Quick update for today. Went to Sam's Club in Antioch and here's the prices I found:

The Shield (Season 2): Was $39.82
    Alias (Season 2: Is $38.87
    Cheers & Frasier (S2): Each 2nd season set was $30.77
    Buffy: TVS (Season 5): Is $37.88

Just thought someone out there may want to know!

12. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Once again, I'm slightly late with my update. This time it was due to being away from the computer with a minor illness. All better now (I think). Hopefully no one's been waiting for this with too much expectation as this is a lite week for DVDs. For the week of 1/11/04 to 1/17/04:
    Freddy vs. Jason (Platinum Series): The long awaited meeting of two of horror's favorite killers is out a loaded DVD for $15.99 at Target, Best Buy, & Circuit City. You can likely save a few pennies at Wal-Mart, but that's unconfirmed. Best Buy will knock off $28 if you also buy the Nightmare on Elm Street DVD collection for $87.99.
    Jeepers Creepers 2: (Rerun) Best Buy again has the disc for $15.99 hoping for secondary sales from the aforementioned title.
    Spiderman the New Animated Series (SE 2- disc set): The new series is out for $19.99 at Circuit City.
    Also out this week for $19.99: Not on sale anywhere, but this week sees the releases of: Mr. Bean 00? in Johnny English, "Bring It On Again" spikes up the cheerleader fetish, "Annie" Special Anniversary Edition, "Swimming Pool" Unrated Version, and "Buffalo Soldiers" that features the bad guy from Gladiator as an insult to US fighting forces everywhere.
    Green Acres (Season 1) & Mister Ed (Best of, Vol. 1): The beloved classics are $22.99 each at Best Buy. Save $15 if you buy both.
    Super Fly: Is out for the first time on DVD for $14.99 at Best Buy.
    Curb Your Enthusiam (Complete 1st Season): The Emmy-winning HBO series starring the co-creator of Seinfeld is $29.99 at Best Buy and Circuit City.
    Circuit City's $7.99 Steals: Jaws (Anniversary CE), Red Dragon, Scorpion King, Blue Crush, For Love of the Game, The Great Outdoors, American Me, End of Days (CE), Erin Brockovich, & Almost Famous.
    Discounted Best Buy DVDs to Promote "Torque": All for $14.99 each: Bullitt, Gone In 60 Seconds (Nic Cage Ver.), Days of Thunder, & The Fast and the Furious (Tricked Out Edt.)
    Best Buy TV on DVD sale:
    Aquateen Hunger Force, Vol. 1 is $17.99.
    Sex & the City (Season 2) is $29.99.
    Smallville (Season 1), West Wing (Season 1) & ER (Season 1) are each $37.99.
    The Sopranos (Season 4) is $64.99.

For the first time in many weeks, MediaPlay did not put out an ad. Starting to look weak on their side of the fence again. See y'all next week!

13. TK-6873

TK-6873 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    Hey, here's one you've never had on your list and it has SW roots. It's only $5.50 at your local Wally-World and ALOT better than any episode of M*A*S*H*.
    1973 Paramount Picture's "Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell" starring Peter Cushing as Baron Victor Von Frankenstein and.....wait for it, wait for it....David Prowse as the monster. This DVD comes in wide-screen only and has a commentary by David Prowse. Rated R for violence.

14. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Very cool news on the Frankinstein film. I have that title on VHS, but never thought to look for it on DVD. Have to take a look next time at WMT. Deals for the week of 1/18/04 to 1/24/04:
    Stargate SG-1 (Season 5): The action packed season set is $49.99 for the 5-disc set at Circuit City & Best Buy. BB will knock $15 off it you buy any 2 seasons or $50 if you buy all 5 seasons. Sam's Club MAY have this title for $40 or a little less in a week or so, but they always seem tardy on the SG-1 titles. I took advantage of a Amazon.com price break with Hama pre-ordered his set, but we've got over a week to wait for the items.
    Once Upon a Time in Mexico: The third Mariachi film (one I've been waiting on for some time) is out for $15.99 at BB & Circuit City. BB will sell you this title and the 2-pack box set Desperado/El Mariachi for $25. Not a bad price for the whole trilogy.
    The Simple Life: The Paris Hilton videos that aren't all over the Internet is out on disc with 30 minutes of never-before-seen footage for $12.99 at Circuit City.
    Punked (Season 1): Demi's "70s Show" boy toy's popular MTV series hits DVD shelves with never-before seen footage on a 2-disc set for $15.99 at Circuit City.
    Open Range: The perfect gift for any cowboy fan hits the market for $17.99 at Best Buy (per their website). Buy this title and for $9.99 more BB will also give you Tombstone (WS collection, NOT the Vista Series).
    Dinotopia (Complete Series): The ill-fated Jurassic Park title comes in a 3-disc set for $19.99 at Best Buy.
    Cabin Fever: The tennie-booper slasher flick with modest box office pull is $15.99 at Target.
    The Best of Soul Cinema: The 5-disc set includes: Foxy Brown, I'm Gonna Get You Sucka, & 3 other titles for $39.99 at Circuit City. CC also includes a free 5-track CD sampler featuring James Brown with the set.
    Best Buy's 2 for $15: The Brothers, League of Their Own, 1st Knight, Panic Room, U-Turn, River Runs Through It, Rudy (SE), The Quick & the Dead, Sniper, Stripes, Poetic Justice, Stepmom, Silverado, Jerry Maguire, Cruel Intentions, Christine, Fools Rush In, Jumanji (CE), Blue Streak (SE), As Good as It Gets, Girl Interrupted, Center Stage (SE), Legends of the Fall (SE), A Few Good Men (SE), The Wedding Planner, Saving Silverman (Special R rated ver.), Ghostbusters 2, Candyman.
    Circuit City's $6.99 titles: How to Be a Player, GI Jane, The 6th Man, Tidal Wave: No Escape.
    Blockbuster's Previously Viewed Sale: Blockbuster is knocking 25% off their PPTed DVDs and VHSs. I got Bruce Almighty for less than $10!
    Jeremiah (Season 1): The little-heard-of Luke Perry series is out in a 6-disc set for $54.99 at Best Buy.

That's enough for this week. Crystal ball guess for WMT is that they'll offer "Once Upon a Time in Mexico" ($16.88) for less, but that's just a guess. Hope to see y'all at the NAD meeting at my home this Saturday! TTFN.

15. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    For the week of 1/25/04 to 1/31/04:
    Pirates of the Caribbean & SWAT: Circuit City again offers each of these titles for $15.99.
    Friends: The Complete 6th Season: Best Buy & Circuit City offers the 4-disc set for $29.99. CC will knock off $10 if you also buy any of the other 5 seasons. BB will do the same, if you buy all 6 they'll knock off $90. Sam's Club DOES NOT have this title for less. UPDATED
    Radio: The lowsly based on a true story (the real Radio was a white guy) Cuba Gooding, Jr. & Ed Harris film is $15.99 at Circuit City.
    Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country (SCE): The last voyage of the original series crew is $14.99 at Best Buy for the 2-disc set.
    Time Bandits (SE): Starring many of the Ewok actors from ROTJ comes this release for $14.99 at Best Buy.
    Comic Book: The Movie: The Mark Hamill led project and includes Kevin Smith (among others) comes in a 2-disc set for $15.99 at Circuit City.
    Grind: The rarely seen X-Game based film is $16.99 at Best Buy.
    Alice in Wonderland (Masterpiece Edition): The 2-disc SE release of the Disney classic is $17.99 at Circuit City.
    House of the Dead: The horror flick is $17.99 at Best Buy, Circuit City, and Target. BB will include The Blair With Project for free with purchase.
    BB's Buy 2 get 1 free: Buy 2 of: The Jungle Book 2, Sleeping Beauty (masterpiece), Fantasia (Anniv. edt.), Sweet Home Alabama, Frida, Osbournes (Season 1), Fantasia 2000, Lady & the Tramp II, 101 Dalmations, Shanghai Noon, or O Brother Where Art Thou?
    Get 1 free: Swingers, Grosse Pointe Blank, Clerks, Good Morning Vietnam, or Mighty Ducks.
    TV shows on DVD: BB has deals on the 1st seasons of TV shows including: Futurama, King of the Hill, Son of the Beach, Simpsons, Family Guy, Buffy: TVS, Dark Angel, The Shield, 24, NYPD Blue, Angel, X-Files. See Bestbuy.com for more details.
    CC's Misc. Deals: for $12.99 each: Legally Blonde 2, Bulletproof Monk, XXX.
    For $8.99 each: Jeepers Creepers, Moulin Rouge (1-disc), Men of Honor (SE).

Those are the highlights for the week. Look for price updates to (maybe) be posted later in the week. TTFN!

16. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Update for 2/1/04 to 2/07/04:
    Secondhand Lions: The family hit is $15.99 at Target and they'll give you a free can of Pringles.
    Under the Tuscan Sun: An early possibility for Valentine's day is $15.99 at Circuit City & (maybe) at Target (Low Price).
    The Fighting Temptations: Cuba's latest is $15.99 at Circuit City.
    My Boss's Daughter: Ashton's latest is $17.99 at Best Buy and Circuit City.
    The Thorn Birds: My Mom's favorite miniseries is listed at $24.99 at Circuit City for the 2 disc set. The Best Buy website lists it for $20.99 while it's ad has it for $5 more. Use caution.
    Rain Man (SE): The Oscar winner that loves Wapner and thinks K-Mart suc*s is $12.99 at Circuit City.
    Planet of the Apes (35th Anniv.): The 2-disc set that adds the previous version with the "Beneath the Planet of the Apes" is $19.99 everywhere. Best Buy includes it in a 2 for $30 deal with other 2-disc sets. The other 2-disc versions (in case you missed them the 1st time) are: Fight Club, X2, Die Hard, The Sound or Music, Cast Away, The Abyss, Independence Day, There's Something (More) About Mary, Alien, & Aliens. Great Deal!!!
    Good Times (Season 2) & What's Happening!! (Season 1): The 2 70's 3-disc season sets are $24.99 each at Circuit City & Best Buy.
    Ed Wood (SE): The 2-disc verion with over 200 minutes of bonus material is $19.99 at Circuit City & Best Buy.
    Mutiny on the Bounty: The Clark Gable version hits DVD for the 1st time for $14.99 at Best Buy.
    Gilligan's Island (Season 1): The 3-disc set is $29.99 at Best Buy. 37 episodes are included.
    Superman: The Last Son of Krypton: The animated film is $9.99 at Best Buy.
    Disney at BB for $14.99: Bug's Life (2-disc), Treasure Planet, The Fox & the Hound (Gold), Robin Hood (Gold), Hunchback of Norte Dame (2002), The Great Mouse Detective, The Adv. of Tom Thumb & Thumbelina.
    Red Dwarf II & III: The Season sets are $29.99 each at Best Buy. Save $5 when you buy both.

Those are the highlights for the week. The Golden Globe winning "Lost in Translation" and other titles are out this week, but not really on sale. Check the BB website. Later!

17. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    For the week of 2/08/09 to 2/14/04 (Singles' Awareness Day):
    Lion King 1 1/2: Disney tries to get more money from their successful title by telling the same basic story from a different viewpoint. The 2-disc DVD is $15.99 at Circuit City. CC also has a mini-plush of Simba for $4.99.
    Intolerable Cruelty: Clooney flirts it up with Mrs. Michael Douglas for $16.99 at Cest Buy, Circuit City, & Target.
    Wonderland: The crime flick from New Line Cinema is $16.99 at Circuit City & Target.
    Angel (Season 3): The 22 episode, 6-disc box set is $39.99 at Circuit City. Best Buy sells it for $45.99 and will knock $10 off when you also buy Season 1 or 2.
    In the Cut (Unrated version): The steamy Meg Ryan film is $16.99 at Best Buy.
    Xena (Season 3): Lucy La-La-La-Lawless's 9-disc box set is $44.99 at Best Buy.
    Adam Sandler & Drew Barrymore blow-out at Best Buy for "50 1st Dates":
    Never Been Kissed & Big Daddy are $14.99 each
    Mr. Deeds, Wedding Singer, & Waterboy are $9.99 each.
    Valentine's Day @ Best Buy: BB is offering tons of films 2 for $20. Check out this link
    Dale Earnhardt Jr. "Any Given Day: NASCAR Images' presents this title for $17.99 at Best Buy.
    Valentine's at Circuit City:
    $8.99 each: Titanic, West Side Story (1-disc), The Best Man, & Legally Blonde 1.
    $12.99 each: How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Deliver Us From Eva, The Princess Bride (SE), & Maid in Manhattan.

That's it for this week. Sorry for the delay, but things have been busy since my transfer to the TN Department of Health (Internal Audit) since February 2nd. See y'all next week!!!

18. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    For the week of 2/15/04 to 2/21/04:
    Runaway Jury: The John Grisham thriller is $15.99 at Circuit City. Best Buy will sell you this title for $16.99 and will then allow you to buy High Crimes for $6.99.
    Dickie Roberts, Former Child Star (Special Collector's Edt.): David Spade is back on the big screen for $15.99 at Circuit City or Best Buy for $30 will give you this title along with Tommy Boy & Black Sheep.
    Once Upon a Time in Mexico: (Rerun) Circuit City has listed this title for $15.99. I found this title along with the SE of Desperado for $24.54 at Sam's Club, that makes each of them $12.27.
    Target deals at $10 each: Saturday Night Live The Best of Will Ferrell, The Sound of Music (1-disc), Daredevil (FF/FS only), Signs, Anger Management (FF/FS only), Bend It Like Beckham (WS), Basic.
    Dummy: The independent film on throwing your voice is $16.99 at Best Buy & Target.
    Roswell (Season 1): the 6-disc set from Fox is $45.99 at Best Buy & Target.
    Best Buy's Miramax Deals: A variety of box sets and individual movies can be found at Best Buy.
    Miramx Blowout 2 for $25 at Best Buy: And they're also having extra deals on certain movies: BB link
    Signs & Unbreakable: Get both movies 2 for $20 at Best Buy.
    Best Buy's Academy Awards Sale: In the coming weeks BB will be discounting certain past Oscar nominees, this week it's Best Director Winners.
    Circuit City $9.99 Deals: Old School (unrated), Blue Collar Comedy Tour, Anger Management, Hollywood Homicide, The Hunted, Blade I & II, Jackass, Identity, Love & Basketball, Ghost Ship, Narc, Goldmember, High Crimes, Jason Goes to Hell, Rush Hour, Enemy at the Gates, Half Past Dead, Knockaround Guys, Romeo + Juliet (SE).

Great deals at Circuit City & it appears that Best Buy is willing to lose some cash for the upcoming Academy Awards. See y'all next week!

19. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    I'll post my regular update soon, but here's some big news form tvshowsondvd.com:

If any of you have read my reviews of the Stargate SG-1 DVD sets then you'll probably recall that I don't own season 1. Yesterday I was on a mission to buy it, and I stumbled upon an incredible deal that I wanted to share with you.

Amazon.ca has the first 3 seasons for $34.49 CAN per set! That works out to roughly $26 US, or HALF of what Amazon.com is selling them for! If you've been putting off buying the seasons, or haven't gotten into the show before, now's your chance. You can buy the first 3 seasons for under $100 US, including shipping.

You may have heard that some Canadian releases include French on their packaging, but the MGM releases do not.

20. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    For the week of 2/22/04 to 2/28/04:
    SNL: the Best of Will Ferrell: For those who missed out on last week's sale on this title at Target, Wal-Mart (at least the Antioch location) has the title for less at $9.44.
    Star Trek Voyager (Season 1): The 5-disc set is $99.99 at Best Buy and includes a bonus DVD featuring the Star Trek The Experience location in Las Vegas.
    Spy Kids 3-D: the 3-D movie is $15.99 at Circuit City. Buy this title and any 1 or 2 of its earlier versions 2 for $25 or all 3 for $35. This title comes with 4 pairs of 3-D glasses so you and your friends can get sucked into the technology.
    Best Buy's Academy Award Deals: This week the special is on Best Picture Winners
    Chappelle?s Show (Season 1) Uncensored: The crazy antics of Dave Chappelle comes on a 2-disc set for $19.99 at Circuit City and Best Buy.
    The Missing: The Tommy Lee Jones film hits DVD for $15.99 at Circuit City.
    Matchstick Men: The Nicholas Cage film is $16.99 at Target.
    Pieces of April: The critically acclaimed Katie Homes film is $16.99 at Best Buy.
    Oz (Season 3): The 8 episode 3 disc set is $49.99 at Circuit City. Best buy has it for $54.99, but if you buy 2 you save $20 and buy all 3 and save $50. (other seasons are $64.99 each).
    Best Buy?s 2 for $15 Deal: A great selection of film?s is to be had at Best Buy
    $7.99 at Circuit City: 15 films are offered at great deals including: Reservoir Dogs, Any Given Sunday, Black Sheep, Planes Trains & Automobiles, Patriot Games, Footloose, Shaft, Tomb Raider, Wedding Singer, Face/Off, Kings of Comedy, Exit Wounds, Something to Talk About, & City of Angels.

That?s the highlights for this week. See y?all next week!

21. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    I know, a little later than usual for the week. Work's been busy so I may not be quite as quick on these deal of the week articles, but I'll always try to get them up before the Saturdays when the prices expire. If you ever want to know about a specific title, just post on this thread, PM, or email me and I should be able to get you that info in a timely manner. For the week of 2/29/04 to 3/06/04:
    School of Rock: Jack Black is the ultimate substitute teacher for $15.99 at Circuit City, Target, & Best Buy. Best Buy includes a bonus guitar pick & temporary tattoo inside marked packages. Circuit City offers a 2-pack of this title & Orange County for $24.99.
    Stargate: SG-1 (Season 6): The final DVD set of all the completed seasons (currently, new 7th Season shows air on Sci-Fi channel on Friday nights) hits the DVD market. Best Buy has the 5-disc set (as well as the other 5 seasons) for $49.99 each. Buy 2 & Save $15; Buy all 6 & save $55. Not quite as good as the deal they had when season 4 came out.
    Runaway Jury: (Rerun) Best Buy has priced this title at $15.99 to help make up for their full-price greed when the title was first released a few weeks ago.
    Good Boy: Dogs talk to their owners for $15.99 at Target or at Wal-Mart for a few pennies less.
    Cold Creek Manor: The Dennis Quaid thriller is $15.99 at Circuit City. Several retailers (CC & Target) include a mail-in rebate for $5 if you buy this title and Duplex. Best Buy will give you those 2 titles for $30 when you buy them together.
    Duplex: See the deals metioned above for the combined purchase with Cold Creek Manor. All the usual suspects want $19.99 for this title when purchased alone.
    Looney Toones: Back In Action: The Movie: Everyone also wants $19.99 for this title, but Best Buy includes an interactive DVD on specially marked discs that includes Looney Tunes "Rabbit Season/Duck Season".
    Starsky & Hutch (Season 1): Just in time for the big-screen release of the film comes the 5-disc set for $34.99 at Target.
    Free "MGM's Award-Winning Moments" DVD sampler w/ purchase of any 1 of the following at Circuit City:
    For $12.99 each: Fiddler on the Roof, Leaving Las Vegas, Usual Suspects, Rain Man, Platoon, Dead Man Walking, or The Silence of the Lambs.
    For $8.99 each: Weast Side Story (1-disc), Rocky, Annie Hall, Moonstruck, In the Heat of the Night, or A Fish Called Wanda.
    Jessica Simpson "In This Skin": I know a CD re-release in a DVD column, but the CD features a DVD of stuff from the MTV show and (the CD) includes 3 new songs. Best price is $9.99 at Circuit City.
    $12.99 at CC: Hollywood Homicide, Anger Management, Carlito's Way, T2 (Extreme Edt.), Signs, Boat Trip, Animal House (SS Probation Edt.), and Unbreakable.
    Target's 2 for $15 ($7.50 each): Reservoir Dogs, Moulin Rouge (1-disc), Cast Away (1-disc), Van Wilder, Legally Blone, Yours-Mine-&-Ours, The Wedding Planner, The Quiet Man (CE), When Harry Met Sally (SE), BarberShop, First Blood (Rambo 2) (SE).
    Random "Starsky & Hutch" tie-ins at Best Buy:
    For $9.99 each: Zoolander & Swingers (Collectors Series)
    For $14.99 each: Meet the Parents, & Shanghai Noon
    For $19.99 each: The Royal Tenenbaums & The Ben Stiler Show (Complete Series)
    Misc. deals (some up-coming) at BestBuy.com: See this link

Party with your "Friends" Party Pack: This release came to my attention on Monday. This is a Target exclusive that they didn't advertise. I have confirmed it's presence in the Hickory Hollow store and changed some of the below article to reflect info I've confirmed since tvshowsondvd.com posted this item on Monday.
    The street date isn't mentioned in the ad (in this week's "Entertainment Weekly" p. 52), but this item is available exclusively at Target chain stores starting tomorrow, Tuesday March 2nd. It is "Available for a limited time only", meaning in all likelih

22. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    For the week of 3/7/04 to 3/13/04:
    Give-away @ Best Buy: With ANY entertainment software purchase (guessing it includes DVDs since it's listed on the DVD page) experience an exclusive 10 min. featurette of "Hellboy" plus theater trailers for Spider-Man 2, Resident Evil:Apocalypse, and more.
    Friends Party Pack: See previous post about this exclusive title from Target for $29.99. Finally made the Sunday ad for the store. They are now advertising the $10 savings with the purchase of a full season set ($27.99 for Seasons 1 & 2; $34.99 for Seasons 3-6).
    Futurama Volume 3: Best Buy's website advertises this title for $29.99. Buy any of the other volumes (V1=$29.99, V2=$39.99) and save $10 for buying 2 volumes or save $20 for buying all 3 volumes.
    Schindler's List: Best Buy has the new release (1st time on DVD) for $17.99. The cheaper version includes bonus collectible pictorial book capturing memorable images from the film. A WS Collector's Edition is also available for $59.99 (target.com list this item for $55.99, but since not advertised, I'm not sure of the accuracy). The Collector's Edition includes a coffee table photo book, the soundtrack, and a film cell.
    The 10 Commandments (SCE): Heston's classic portraly of Moses is out in a Special Collector's Edition for $12.99 at Circuit City.
    Mona Lisa Smile: The lighter & women version of "Dead Poet's Society" is $15.99 at Circuit City. Best Buy will give you this film & My Best Friend's Wedding for $25.
    Dawn of the Dead (Special Divimax Edt.): In time for the new version of the film comes this "Divimax" version that includes commentary and a sneak peak of an up-coming comic book.
    Raquel Welch Collection: $39.99 at Best Buy for this 5-disc set. Includes: 1 Million Years BC, Bandolera!, Fanthom; Mother, Jugs & Speed; and Myra Breckinridge.
    Springtime with Roo: The newest Winnie the Pooh direct-to-video is $15.99 at Circuit City.
    SpongeBob Goes Prehistoric: This SpongeBob Squarepants title includes a double-length episode PLUS 9 bonus episodes. $12.99 at Target.
    Circuit City Reruns: Get either "Radio" and/or "Once Upon a Time in Mexico" for $15.99 at CC.
    Best Buy's 2 for $15 offer: See this link.
    Circuit City's Buy 1, Get 1: Buy any title from group A for $12.99 & get one of group B for free.
    Group A: Matrix, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Gods & Generals, What a Girl Wants, Blade 2, Seven (1-disc), A Walk to Remember, Malibu's Most Wanted, Final Destination, or A Mighty Wind.
    Group B: Black Beauty, Rumble in the Bronx, Most Wanted, My Fellow Americans, or The Cannonball Run.

See y'all next week.

23. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    Scooby-Doo Season 1 & 2 is supposed to be out tomorrow too. This is the ORIGINAL animated cartoon from the 60's, not the new Cartoon Network series. Also, the 1st season of the original Flintstones is coming out on DVD too.

At Best Buy you can purchase BOTH of these sets together & save $25. Both DVD sets are running $52.99 each.

The Running Man FS & WS is also on sale this week for $14.99

Also at $14.99 are Mall Rats, Clerks, Chasing Amy, & Jay & Silent Bob Strikes Back

Meanwhile Circuit City is offering The Running Manat $12.99

& Wal-mart is offeringScooby Doo Seasons 1 & 2 for $44.87! Knowing the Cool Springs Wal-mart, they probably won't even have theirs out in the store until Wednesday, unless there is a big display for them. SLACKERS!!! ;)
    I may have to just order my copy through Amazon.com since you can get this for free shipping & no TN state sales tax (& no hastle from Wallyworld). :)

24. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Well, it appears that Scott's going to be aiding me on the column this week. For the week of 3/14/04 to 3/20/04:

Cat In the Hat: The Mike Myers (SNL, not "Halloween") Christmas release is $15.99 at Circuit City & Target(?). Target is unconfirmed and their website lists the "low price" as $18.89. Whatever their price, they'll give you a free exclusive bubble watch with the purchase of the DVD or VHS. Best Buy's got it for $16.99, but they'll give you a bonus disc that includedsthe Smash Mouth video "Hang On" and the video game trailer.

The Flintstones (Season 1) and Scooby-Doo: Where are You? (Seasons 1 & 2): See Scott's homework in the above post. The Wal-Mart price he reports is from their website and may not be what you find in store. Last week's "Mona Lisa Smile" is $1 cheaper in the Hickory Hollow WMT than what was listed on the company's website. Bearing an unconfirmed WMT price it appears Best Buy wins especially if you buy both of these classic series. Small chance Sam's Club may beat all of these prices. If I make it to a Club I'll post an update.

Cheaper By The Dozen: The original 1950 version of the film detailing the lives of the Gilbreth's (familiar to business students out there) is coming to Circuit City for $12.99.

Veronica Guerin: Cate Blanchett stars in this true story for $15.99 at Target.

Kung Fu (Complete 1st Season): The 3-disc set of Chang "walking the Earth" is $24.99 at Circuit City.

Married With Children (Season 2): The 3-disc set is $29.99 at Target. Save $15 at Best Buy when you buy Season 2 ($33.99) & S1 ($22.99).

21 Grams: The Oscar-nominated film is $17.99 at Best Buy. "They say we all lose 21 grams at the exact moment of our death...everyone."

The Running Man (SE): The Schwarzenegger 2-disc special edition features director commentary a few new featurettes and is $12.99 at Circuit City (as mentioned by Scott).

Absolutely Fabulous: Complete Series 5: The 2-disc set is $24.99 at Circuit City.

The Commitments (SE): The 2-disc set is $14.99 at Best Buy.

Lizzie McGuire Movies: America's favorite jail-bait girl has 2 new collections "totally Crushed" and "Star Struck" for $14.99 each at Target.

Best Buy's 2 for $15 offer: See the selection of films at Best Buy

Kevin Smith Sale @ Best Buy: Scott listed the films in his above post. Also Dogma (SE) is $22.99.

That'll about do it for this week. Tune in at the same Bat-Time and the same Bat-Channel for Nashville's Best Deals on DVDs.

25. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    I'm helping just this week Zach! Don't get used to it. ;)

BTW, Next week is : THE RUNDOWN starring, THE ROCK! I just hope the price is better than the $22+ that Amazon.com is listing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.