main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wigs - Helmets - Headpieces Dying or Painting Wigs

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Lady_Belligerent , Sep 8, 2022.

1. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I've got a while wig that was used for a different costume, but now I need a really dark blue version.
    Has anyone tried dying a wig themselves? I imagine it might be a challenge to get the dye to take.

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I watched a Tutorial from Hannah Forcier who dyed a wig with normal hair dye. I would try a bit cut out from under and give it a go.

Found it

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
    Lady_Belligerent likes this.
  3. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Oh wow! That’s really interesting. I have some dark blue hair color, I may just give it a try.

4. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I love Hannah Forcier...........she tries wigs and dyes and is just fun!

5. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Okay, dying only works on human hair wigs. I don’t want to invest in human hair, so I’ll keep experimenting on a synthetic one. Nice synthetic wigs can be round for around $20.00, which is much more reasonable than human hair.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    That's disappointing. But you are right, they are cheaper. We have a cosply Buy and Sell Facebook page here, see if there is one there. I got my latest one for $15 posted, worn once.