main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social ~ e-Adoptions - Members standing by to help you! ~

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Lady_Belligerent , Jan 1, 2017.

1. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    [​IMG]

Adoptions

Welcome to the newest edition of the JCF Adoption Program!

Welcome to what has been a long standing tradition on these forums to have a program to assist Newbies in learning the etiquette and to navigate our community. It is our pleasure to help you to get the most from your experience here as we are welcoming a whole new era of Star Wars fans.

@ New Members:

If you, as a new member (also called Newbie), would like to be adopted, just post in this thread or send me (Lady Belligerent) a private message (PM = conversation) and I'll add you to the list of "free newbies". Of course, you are welcome to go ahead and ask one of the listed oldbies (experienced members) on your own.

Once you are adopted, you can ask your adopter whatever question comes to your mind or whenever you need help. Your adopter will introduce you to interesting parts of the forum as well. The time of adoption is not limited. Whenever you feel being ready to discover the forum on your own, just let your adopter (and me) know and your adoption time is finished. In case, you find yourself having another question without having an official adopter anymore, I'm sure, your former adopter will help you nevertheless - or simply post your question in this thread.

Adoptees should notify their oldbie, by PM, if they are going to be away for an extended time. DRL aka Darth Real Life is understandable, just please communicate.

@ Experienced Members:

Oldbies, if you want to adopt a new member, please, post in this thread thread or send me a PM. I'll add you to the list of "free oldbies". Please, make sure that you have been active on the boards for at least six months and have a minimum of 400 posts. This is to ensure that you have a certain amount of knowledge about the boards so you can guide your adoptee.

What is expected:

We expect you to guide and assist your adoptee. Help them find boards that interest them, and introduce them to areas they may not find on their own. Show them to how social threads work, and offer input on participating in discussions.

Assist them with gentle guidance to learn the rules to ensure a positive experience for new members. Offer help for learning how to use board codes, such as how to link images and gifs.

Communication is key, and we ask if you need time away during an adoption that you let me know. There are plenty of friendly folks to jump in and help out.

=======================

Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
  2. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    *Short list of abbreviations:
    7SA - Star Wars VII - Spoilers Allowed
    7NSA - Star Wars VII - No Spoilers Allowed
    CT - Classic Trilogy
    Ep VII - Episode 7 (also 'new films' or Ep7)
    EUC - Expanded Universe Community
    FanFic - FanFiction
    NSWFF - Non Star Wars FanFiction
    PT - Prequel Trilogy
    RO - Rogue One
    RPF - Roleplaying Forum
    RPG - Roleplaying Game
    SA - Spoiler Allowed
    SW - Star Wars
    SWC - SW Community
    TFA - The Force Awakens

====================

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2021
  3. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    I'm open to adopt again because I do not have a current adoptee.

Skiara and Lady Belligerent like this.
  4. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    That's great Halle Dray - thanks! We have a new user, Mr. 66, who is wanting adopted.

Skiara and Halle Dray like this.
  5. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
  6. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
  7. ForceGhostAnakin

ForceGhostAnakin Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2016
    I'd like to be adopted

8. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    What are your interests? What parts of the forum do you think you would like to be introduced to?

9. ForceGhostAnakin

ForceGhostAnakin Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2016
    hmmmmm well I do love Star Wars Rebels a lot so I'd like to be introduced to everything going on in the Star Wars TV section

10. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    I wouldn't mind being adopted. I think I got the forums kinda figured out but it would be cool while I wait for an Apprentice in the Trials of the Jedi.

11. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    That would be great! Check the list above and message one of the oldbies, and if you guys decide to adopt then come here and let me know. Each oldbie has listed the boards they frequent, and if you have questions please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Skiara likes this.
  12. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    I actually wouldn't mind getting more into it myself. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want to and I can give you some forum pointers and stuff.

13. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    You can put me on the list to be adopted too, even though I've sort of figured out the boards on my own already. I'd really appreciate having a go-to person to ask questions.

14. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Love the new thread Lady B! Nice color on the walls.

Sent via Tapatalk this was.

15. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    DarthIshyZ, Skiara and QueenSabe7 like this.
  16. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    I'll adopt if there aren't any takers already.

Skiara likes this.
  17. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    You guys PM and work out details and let me know if you decide to adopt. :)

Skiara likes this.
  18. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    How does that process work exactly?

19. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Darth_wanderguard, PM newbies that you can help or I can help you with that. Then answer their questions and assist with rules and etiquette. I'll send you a message. :)

Skiara likes this.
  20. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    I know Jar-Jar Binks has just started down the Jedi path in the GOL, I may be but a Padawan myself but do believe I would be an effective teacher for him in the ways of the forums.:p
    I see him in many of the forums I visit. Mayhaps he might go to more than that but It would still work, if he wills it.

Jar-Jar Binks and Skiara like this.
  21. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I have the feeling that it really was a good idea to give it to new hands. Good work, Lady! :D
    Good luck and much fun!! :D You already know, but... if you have any questions, just tag or PM me. :)

22. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Since this is a new thread and all, just letting it be known I'm still down to adopt! :)

23. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    QueenSabe7 likes this.
  24. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    I suggest waiting for his response. But that would merely be a formality. Its up to him to accept my offer first.:)

25. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    On it!