main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social ~ e-Adoptions - Members standing by to help you! ~

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Lady_Belligerent , Jan 1, 2017.

1. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    Cool.

Well, I don't think we have a member here in the adoptions section that deals with the Fan Activities section (which would include building stuff), but I get around a lot.

If everyone's fine with it, I can adopt you and you can ask me any questions you have.

Lady Belligerent Bazinga'd

I want to be sure I follow procedure. :)

2. BB-69

BB-69 Jedi Youngling

Sep 13, 2017
    ok, great! First question, how did you make the lightsaber in your sig? I've been searching the forums but haven't found it yet :bluesaber:

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  3. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    You can just copy and paste it, and change the font colors as you like. That's how I did it. :)

BookExogorth likes this.
  4. BB-69

BB-69 Jedi Youngling

Sep 13, 2017
    oh!! Thanks!!

5. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012

Its fine with me but its up to the boss of this thread Lady Belligerent :cool:

6. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
  7. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    I'll watch a youngling... I swear they will be safe. *crosses finger behind back.

8. Mostlymad

Mostlymad Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2017
    Don't lie dragonsith13, you just want to recruit them young to mold them into your little pilot program...

9. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
  10. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    dragonsith13 likes this.
  11. George_W_Boushh

George_W_Boushh Jedi Master star 1

Jun 16, 2001
    Do any oldbies want to adopt another oldbie? I have not been here since around 2006 or 2007. The current forums are so much different from the good old days of the "Social Countdown to Episode II" threads!

Sarge and Lady Belligerent like this.
  12. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Hah! You got that right. Welcome back!

Sent using Tapatalk this was!

13. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Welcome back. :)

We’re happy to help out. Did the new movies draw you back in?

14. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    *changes light bulbs and sets out Halloween treats*

[face_pumpkin]

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  15. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    * Hangs Halloween lights *
    Hey Lady B! BOO!

Sent using Tapatalk this was!

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  16. Blade Of Kenobi

Blade Of Kenobi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 18, 2012
    Hi! I never did complete my apprenticeship last time around. I'm kind of in the same situation as Boushhh. I'd be up for adoption, if anybody wants to take me in as their apprentice.

17. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello Blade Of Kenobi :)

What areas are you most interested in? There’s discussion on more than just films and I want to make sure we find a partner with similar interests.

Blade Of Kenobi likes this.
  18. Blade Of Kenobi

Blade Of Kenobi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 18, 2012
    Hmm... A little bit of everything? Obviously, the films; well the Original Saga. I'm afraid I haven't really kept up with the new films or Rebels, much to my eternal shame. I'm interested in video games, role-playing; though I don't quite understand it, music, the EU; although I'm a bit overwhelmed by it, particularly with the new canon, and interacting with you guys in the various communities.

19. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Awesome! I’m going to send you a PM in just a few minutes. :)

Blade Of Kenobi likes this.
  20. UnshavenWookie14

UnshavenWookie14 Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2017
    New to the site. Adoption seems like it could be helpful.

21. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Welcome! Tell us a little about your interests. :) Are you a fan of the novels and comics, or maybe gaming?

22. UnshavenWookie14

UnshavenWookie14 Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2017
    Yeah I’m just starting to dive into everything there is. I’ve worked through some of the comics (Vader, maul), and pushing through some novels. I started with the aftermath trilogy. I release now that probably wasn’t the best place to start, but my brother had it on audible and I started it on a road trip for work. So now continuing with it.

My brother got me to watch a couple clone wars episodes with him and that kinda sparked the realization that there was a lot more to Star Wars than just the movies. Like for example I felt like the clone wars helped explain a lot of anakins development. As well as really showing the extent of shadow games and palpatine puppetering everything.

Do I dove in but then got almost overwhelmed with the amount of content. So it’d be really helpful just to be able to as someone the random content questions. Like the Star Wars rebels magazine comics stopped printing in English? So I guess avoid those? What else can i avoid? What should I focus on early? What to save for later?

Also I’m really just trying to focus on the new canon for now. I’m not opposed to getting into legends at some point. But I feel like I need to get a foundation before i overload the info and have to decipher the two in my mind haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Lady Belligerent, can you add "Games" as one of my favourite boards? Thanks! :)

24. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    UnshavenWookie14, the EU lit board is a great place for details and discussions on the novels. For fun the SWC has fanclubs and games. You’ll find a mixture of Legends and new canon discussions in both of those areas to start off.

Jedi Master Kenobiwan, we list only your top three boards you participate on. So message me the ones you’d like listed and we will get it edited. :)

dragonsith13 likes this.
  25. Quinlan Vos

Quinlan Vos Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 24, 2017
    Hello! I figure this might be a good starting point for me to get my bearings on this site. I enjoy reading, but have never gotten around to many of the books. I am a huge fan of all of the movies and enjoy some gaming. I live in the US, Midwestern area if that helps! Thanks! If I need to answer any other questions, just let me know!