main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist earlybird-obi-wan art updated march 24 with Tycho Celchu

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Dec 16, 2006.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  2. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    The Obi Wan/Qui-Gon piece is just beautiful, earlybird-obi-wan--there's a real resemblence to your earlier painting of Master Qui-Gon with padawan Obi Wan--lovely! Obi Wan with baby Luke is just so touching--I can imagine the heartache in the Jedi Master, holding Anakin's son... And just a suggestion on the Obi Wan/Siri piece: it's a lovely mood, and a touching pose--but Siri's nose is a bit too large for her face; you might want to take a look at some photos of women's profiles (any fashion magazine can provide some good references) and compare them to your Siri. Women typically have petite noses that don't stand too far out from the face (there are, of course, always exceptions)--a small adjustment here might help... Very pretty work with the colors, as always!

FF

3. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    FalconFan thanks for the kind review Both Obi-Wan Qui-Gon pieces come from the same picture I have seen a very long time ago on the internet and I have added to the Obi-Siri piece (wanted to add more but was interrupted by a fire-alert and had to be there for the rest of the day and evening (firefighter ;.) )

Obi-Wan and Siri is for my story

The name is Bhik, Magin Bhik

4. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    You're a firefighter? Wow--a hazardous career! I will pray for the safety of you and your fellow firefighters--dangerous work!

The colors are getting richer as you go--this is going to be lovely! **nodding** It's a long process, this oil painting! ;)

FF

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    FalconFan thanks for the review.

Being a volunteer Firefighter can be fun too and that was last sunday when we had to decontaminate one from another unit and that man was only wearing pink boxers under his gear because of the warm weather. He had to shed his gear because it was contaminated.

Wednesday became an hour of treeclimbing to safe a Magpie tangled in fishingwire in a tree and going home from my archive job at the townhall early. That way I could add to my Obi-Siri painting and here is its update

Obi-Wan and Siri

6. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    It's fascinating to watch these "develop," each layer bringing out more detail and light. I love the quality of light in your work--it's so luminous, so soft... Very pretty!

FF

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    FalconFan thanks and I have added again to my Obi-Wan Siri painting

Obi-Wan and Siri

8. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Lovely--Obi Wan's eyes are just riveting--like a photograph of Ewan! =D= The hair is starting to take on some nice volume and texture now, as well--keep on going!

FF

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    FalconFan thanks again and I have made a beginning on the back-ground and added some more hair

Obi-Wan and Siri

10. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    I've decided that you know Ewan MacGregor's features by heart now, my friend! ;) The eyes are wonderful here (I just watched ROTS again yesterday, and this painting is a wonderful likeness of Obi Wan)--so clear and intense. Beautiful!

FF

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    thanks and I have added some more to the picture. The finished picture will be up as soon as it is dry
    Obi-Wan and Siri

12. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Just lovely (I really adore the light in your work--it's so beautiful!)--can't wait for the finished piece!

FF

13. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Wow, Obi-Wan has a very intense look here!

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    FalconFan posted: Just lovely (I really adore the light in your work--it's so beautiful!)--can't wait for the finished piece!

And here is the finished painting Obi-Wan and Siri in the garden of a thousand fountains
    It features in the fanfiction The name is Bhik, Magin Bhik and will feature in United

15. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    It's just beautiful! The likeness to Ewan is wonderful, and the light once again is so soft, so cohesive...just lovely! Congrats on yet another wonderful painting!

FF

16. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Nice job with the painting! :D I presume that's oils? Or maybe acrylics?

In either case, you've done a nice job blending the flesh tones. I particularly like the handling of Obi's face and those eyes, wow, very realistic! I hope you don't mind a bit of criticism, but there are a few anatomical errors in terms of the placement of Siri's features, the elongation of Obi's face and the appearance of the hand(seems like it lacks structure), but all that comes with time and I think the level of painting overcomes most of that anyway.

Anyway, you have a great thing going for you here! Keep up the great work and keep painting! :D

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    most of my works are oils and with oils you can make corrections any time and so here is the updated Obi-Wan Siri painting

Obi-Wan and Siri in the garden of a thousand fountains

18. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I agree. I think I'm in love with oils. :p

The anatomy on the hand looks much better. You can really start to see the underlying structure around the knuckles and the joints of the fingers. Nicely done! The only thing I would still recommend is to add an indentation around Siri's eye to indicate the brow and cheek while she's in profile. It's a very small change, but it'll make a big difference in the final look of the face.

Again, I hope this helps. :)

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  22. SiriKenobi12

SiriKenobi12 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    They are really beautiful! I think we need more SiriWan artwork! I will agree that you have Ewan's eyes down!

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    [:D] SiriKenob12 all of my artwork is on post 1 but here is a link to my work in progress for the story The name is Bhik, Magin Bhik

Obi-Wan comforting Siri

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I have made two drawings of Owen and Beru for the 30th year aniversary of ANH

Beru
    Owen

and my Siri/Obi-Wan has been updated again

Obi-Wan comforting Siri