main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Echoes of the Past (NJO, Jaina/Jag, post DW) - Love Letter Challenge Entry 02/24/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TKeira_Lea, Dec 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jainasolo2001

jainasolo2001 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2001
    Excellent! I would've read these yesterday, but I'm Darth Real-life's slave, and he told me I had to work all day. :(

2. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Thanks for the ups JainaJag00 & jainasolo2001. JJ00 - can't keep our girl down for long. js2001 - I can more than understand dealing with DRL so thanks for taking the time to reply :)

3. TheBiggerFish

TheBiggerFish Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    EEK!!!!!! You have suceeded in scaring me! Awesome writing! :D

*breathes deeply*
    *gets an idea*
    *smiles*

you know, I think I remember another X-wing trying to land in a cloud covered planet and failing....

*holds hand to ear*

could that be the past I hear echoing? :p

4. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    TheBiggerFish: I think you will be truly surprised as to what part of the past comes to light. Tune in later to find out more. [face_devil]

BTW - I have been reading your ff SOF. I like it very much so far. :) I wasn't going to post there until I got to the end. Just wanted you to know.

Going to TTT matinee today so I will post more story afterwards.

5. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    great two posties TKeira! you displayed the characters' emotions perfectly :)

~Trickster

6. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    New postie :)

?Jaina. Jaina,? the voice called to her like a beacon in a sea of darkness.

Jaina blinked her eyes against the brilliant light streaming on her face. She turned to the voice hovering over her. Her vision still blurred, Jaina thought she made out the face of her mother.

?There you are, my darling.?

Jaina blinked again putting her hand to her head where the cut had been, noticing it was gone. She put her hand down to her ribs; they felt fine, too. She turned to the voice as she sat up slowly.

?Mother??

?No dear, I am not your mother,? came the reply.

Jaina?s vision came into focus on the face of a beautiful woman with lovely brown hair framing a familiar face clouded by burdened brown eyes. The woman was older than her by a few years, but possessed a grace beyond her years as she smiled down at her.

Jaina looked past the woman and noticed she was on a bed in the middle of an elegantly decorated room. A room, Jaina imagined, fit for royalty. The linens were of the finest shimmersilk. Furniture throughout the room was crafted from the rarest of wood, in extravagant fashion. The curtains, framing the immense windows, were made of a luminescent material and billowed in the breeze. The sounds of songbirds and running water filled the air.

Jaina blinked again. Trying to focus her thoughts as she scanned the woman?s face. There had been no indications on her scans of civilization as she had entered the planet?s atmosphere. Nor did remember sensing any advanced life forms through the Force on her way down. She could not believe she was still on the planet where she had crashed. Questions began crowding her mind, filling it up. Before she could ask them, the woman spoke.

?No dear. You are not on the planet. You are in that place between time and space.?

Jaina gazed at the woman, absorbing her words, thinking of how familiar her presence felt.

?Am I?,? Jaina paused, unable to form the word.

?No, you are not dead. It is not your time to go.?

?Are you dead?? Jaina blurted out, then silently cursed her foolish remark.

The woman smiled at her, and Jaina smiled back. She felt like she had known this woman her whole life. The woman reached out and cupped Jaina?s face in her hands.

?Yes, Jaina. I passed away long ago. I have waited so long to speak to you, wished so many times I could hold you, but not being Force sensitive like Ani I was limited in the role I could play in your lives.?

Jaina looked in the woman?s eyes and saw her own eyes reflecting back at her and the realization of who she was looking at struck her like a thunderbolt.

?Grandmother,? the words came out like a whisper begging the truth.

?I am your mother?s mother, wife to Anakin Skywalker. You have come back to my home, back to where it all began.? The beautiful woman, her grandmother, folded Jaina in her arms, and Jaina felt the warmth of true love flow through her. Tears flowed down her cheeks, not tears of sadness, but tears of pure joy.

?I am Padme,? she breathed into her hair. Jaina was sure it was the most beautiful name she had ever heard. Padme pulled away from Jaina and began wiping the tears from her cheeks.

?Do not cry child. There is little time.?

? I don?t understand. Why are you here? Where am I?? Jaina could not get the questions out as quickly as they formed in her mind.

Padme held her fingers to Jaina?s lips, silencing her.

?You have crash landed on my old home planet, Naboo, the place of my birth and death, where my spirit resides. That is why I can come and speak to you.?

The woman looked away quickly like something distracted her and then looked back, taking Jaina?s hands in hers.

?Time is our enemy I fear. So listen carefully. It is the will of the Force for me to speak to you. It has brought you here to me for the time is right. You are correct in your belief that you are not the one to bring a new vision to the Jedi Order, but your role to fulfill is just as important, for you will carry the galaxy and the Jedi into the

7. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Trickster_Jaina_Fel:

Thanx for the compliment. Hope you enjoy the rest as well.

ANNOUNCEMENT: There will be a new post everyday through the middle of January, if you are one who likes to keep up. I know alot of stories are slow right now with DRL and all, but I have 10 chapters written already. Plus my beta is doing an awesome job on getting them back. There will be some especially good ones from Christmas to New Year's. Lots of J/J action. [face_mischief] The specific holiday posts will be the best of them all. Somehow the timing just worked out. So enjoy. :)

TL

8. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    great posts! :D i can't wait to read more! *hint hint* ;)

9. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    awesome! also, i love the idea of it being naboo!

10. jainasolo2001

Jun 17, 2001
  11. TheBiggerFish

Mar 26, 2001
    [face_shocked] Oh my. No, no no no! That was not at all what I was thinking about. But WOW!!! So Jaina has Padme's eyes? I love Padme's eyes. Well done! BEAUTIFUL! :D

12. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    jags_gurl: Thanx. More to come shortly.

JainaJag00: Kind of a different spin than anyone else has done. So far lots have people have used Naboo, but how did everyone find out about Naboo? [face_mischief]

jainasolo2001: :D :D

TheBiggerFish: Surprise!! HEE! HEE! P.S. Almost caught up on SOF between my writing, still love it so far.

13. TheBiggerFish

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm so incredibly glad you like it. :D

14. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    New post just for TBF

Enjoy!! ;)

Jag watched as Colonel Celchu left the hangar, followed by Lowbacca and the rest of the Twin Suns pilots. He knew they were probably heading for a briefing room, and Jag needed to be there. As much as he dreaded it, he needed to hear the truth.

Heading out of the conference room, Jag jumped into a lift and pushed the button to take him down to the hangar level. He pushed the button again when the lift door did not close quickly enough. Finally, the door closed, and the lift headed down. At the hangar level, Jag squeezed out the door as it opened, brushing past ground crew waiting for the lift. He jogged across the hangar toward the hallway Colonel Celchu had taken with the Twin Suns pilots. He avoided looking toward the Twin Suns ships sitting in the bay, not wanting to be reminded of what was missing there.

As he entered the hallway Jag came to an abrupt halt, the sound from behind stopping him in his tracks. The sound was like music to his ears, that of another X-wing entering the hangar. Jag turned on his heel, a small grin forming on his lips, but as quickly as it came, it was gone. The X-wing landing did not have the distinctive running voxyn markings that adorned Jaina?s ship.

Jag watched the ship land, a sickening feeling welling in his stomach. Visions of Jaina lying helpless, an exploding ship, Yuuzhan Vong carving at her flesh, all flashing before his eyes. He forced the thoughts out of his mind. He did not know what had happened to Jaina, but such thoughts would not improve her fate. Action might though. Jag knew the pilot exiting the X-wing in front of him had the answers to his questions.

As Brance Wartrue leapt from his X-wing and headed toward the command center, Jag Fel stepped in front of him. Brance was so focused on getting his report to someone who could help Jaina Solo, he nearly ran into the man blocking his path.

?Lieutenant, report,? Jag demanded before Brance could maneuver past him.

Brance paused for a moment, startled by Jag?s sudden appearance, not familiar with the ranking officer before him. Jag?s commanding air of authority and strict demeanor, coupled with Brance?s military training, forced the lieutenant to assume the colonel had been sent to gather any pertinent information.

?Sir, Twin Suns was pulled out of hyperspace by a Vong mine. Lieutenant Colonel Solo destroyed the mine, allowing the squadron to escape. Damage to my ship delayed our jump to hyperspace. Lead took a hit for me. She ordered me back and attempted to land on a nearby planet.?

?Is that your flight data, Lieutenant,? Jag queried the pilot, pointing at the datacard in his hand.

?Sir. Yes, sir.? Brance handed the datacard to Jag, who immediately inserted it into his datapad, pressing buttons and scanning the information.

?How bad was the damage to Colonel Solo?s ship,? Jag questioned, his eyes never leaving the datapad.

?Bad, sir. I am not sure it was worthy to land. Two engines out and part of one wing was vaped,? he paused not wanting to voice what he needed to say. ?There were still two skips left.?

Jag looked up from his datapad, a cool stare glaring from his green eyes.

?I tried to stay, but Lead ordered me back. I chased them off before jumping as ordered, sir,? Brance added quickly.

?Lieutenant Colonel Solo is an excellent pilot and a Jedi. If anyone can land a X-wing with that much damage, I am sure it would be her,? Jag stated forcefully, not sure for which man?s benefit, his or the lieutenant?s.

Jag removed the datacard from his datapad, having successfully copied all the flight data. He handed the card back to Brance. ?You did the right thing Lieutenant. Now get this information to Colonel Celchu immediately. You will find him in the debriefing room with the rest of your squad.

?Sir.? It came out more as a question, Brance just realizing he had not reported to the proper authority. Before Brance came to his senses, the colonel had turned and was headed away at a run. Brance hurried to

15. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    good posts!

So, Jag is going to her rescue? :D :D

16. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    ah...jag to the rescue! <heroic music plays>

wonderful job with the last two posties, Tkeira! bringing padme into all of this was a great idea :)

~Trickster

17. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    This is very good. Hopefully Jag can get to Jaina before anything bad happens...

J_J

18. JainaJag00

Aug 11, 2002
    nice! go jag! go rescue jaina! even though i do know wats comin.

19. TheBiggerFish

Mar 26, 2001
    awwww......a post with heroic Jaggie running to the rescue.....just for me. :D

Wonderful stuff! I hope we'll get lots of mushy mush when he rescues here. :D [face_love]

20. jainasolo2001

Jun 17, 2001
    :) :D :) :D :) :D

[face_love] Jag..... *drool* *sigh*

21. starkrusher

starkrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2002
    Hey! This is really good! When do we get more?

22. Jedida

Jedida Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    hey! this is a really cool story! keep up the great work!

23. JainaJag00

Aug 11, 2002
    upppppp!

24. JAINA_SOLO-FEL24

JAINA_SOLO-FEL24 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2002
    OMG! :-0 GREAT STORY! Just started to read it today and I saw some post saying that you might discontinue? DON'T!~!~! Just my opinion, but I think many are and would agree :) OH

UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!! ;)

Jaina Solo Fel24

25. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    GOOD MORNING ALL!

Lot's of new readers. Yeah!

Jedi_Liz: Jag to the rescue? Sounds like a plan :D

Trickster_Jaina_Fel: Thank you :)

Jedi_Johnson: Welcome! We'll try.

JainaJag00: But u still have more u don't know yet. Thanx for the redlines. U keep me on my toes. P.S. Thanx for the bump.

TheBiggerFish: Mushy mush - maybe as a Christmas present.

jainasolo2001: :) :D Here's a napkin to wipe your drool.

starkrusher: Welcome. Check in everyday for more.

Jedida: Welcome. Thanks - we try.

JAINA_SOLO_FEL24: No we will go on. I'll post everyday if possible. I have 100+ pages typed so far.

Check back for more today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.