main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edit feature is not working with Firefox v 23

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Placeholder, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    When I try and edit a post I just get a blank white edit window that does not show the post, nor can I type anything in it. It may be a browser issue, I'm using Firefox with no script and ad blocker enabled. Anyone else having this issue?

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm on my iPad and therefore using Safari; no issues here. I just tested out a post I made 15 minutes ago. It could be Firefox.

3. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    There was a recent firefox update, I think it's probably tied to that

When I click "more options", I get a window that works.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    What version of Firefox are you using? And is it on a mobile device? As far as I know Grimby hasn't done any board software updates lately as we've been waiting for a new Xenforo release..

Edit - I'm on Firefox v 22.0, Win 7 laptop, and this edit worked fine.

5. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    Version 23 Desktop, it updated just a day or so ago. I think that' what it is. Probably ad block or no script or something.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Well, I have AdBlock and I can edit fine. Maybe it's the No script option. If you have a lot of add-ons, try disabling them one at a time til you find the culprit.

7. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    I'm betting it's the update. I don't think it's a cooincidence that this started the first time I come on here after it/

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Might be. I'm sure if you Google around you could re-download v 22.0.

9. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    Once I figured out that I can still edit if I open the more options button I figure it's not that big a deal as long as I can do that

10. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    Thanks for your help by the way!

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Looks like it's a known issue on the Xenforo forums. I might re-title your thread slightly in case other users have issues with this.

Edit - just a note that we are running Xenforo v 1.1.3.

Grimby - just so you are aware.

12. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Testing

Edit: Yeah I have the same issue, but as you said you can just open the Edit link in a new tab and it will work.

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Count me in as having the same issue. I also got around it by clicking the "More options..." link.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  14. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    (I so wanted to edit the OP and add "this post edited with Firefox v23")

Yep, it looks to be an issue with Firefox. The Xenforo thread labels it as fixed, but their fix was to disable Quick Edit. This won't be an issue once we've upgraded to the newest version, however. For now, just keep using that More Options button.

Captain Tom Coughlin likes this.
  15. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    Thanks!

16. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    You're not the only person with the problem, but it looks like the "more options" button is our only hope now.

Iron_lord likes this.
  17. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    I was having this problem, but it looked like More Options has cleared it up.

18. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I am coming to complain about this also. Yes I have read the thread but I just want all of you to feel bad about it.

Boba Nekhbet likes this.
  19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
  20. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I too am annoyed I'm being forced to click on "More Options..." in order to edit a post.

Boba Nekhbet and GGrievous like this.
  21. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, same problem here on this computer (my other computer hasn't been able to upgrade Firefox for the past couple years so it's unaffected).

22. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Firefox version 24 is the same.

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    If that's the case then it will probably be that way til we upgrade Xenforo.

24. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Ya I am having the same issue

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    V 25 is the same. It was reported in the Tech Issues thread..