main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON *** Eep! Another Event! ***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Woofer, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Yes I know we haven't even gotten past the Grape & Wine Parade but we have another event the following weekend.

We've been asked to return to Memorial School for Saturday, October 4th for a repeat of the event we did last year.

Basically we set up a table with some information and some props, we are dressed in costume and we perform one or two short presentations.

It was great fun meeting the kids last year, and it generated a lot of good publicity for our group.

We'll have more details soon, but we do need a list of volunteers so Debby can return the calls she has been getting and can indicate how many of us to expect.

Please reply ASAP.

2. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    I forget, what time will this be around?

3. Yebbed-Crage

Yebbed-Crage Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    I will have to confirm the time, but they said they can supply us with whatever we want - stage, electricity, etc. They really want us to do this again because the kids really enjoyed it last year. Please post if you can help out and I will try to confirm a time.

4. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Not entirely sure what I am doing at that time yet, I have a hectic semester coming, but I will see if I can make it...I am graduating so they are pouring the work onto me...

5. Java_Jedi

Java_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    We don't have Yod that weekend, but maybe Mike will let Sam use it. LOL. (prop. a bad Idea.)

I'll talk to hubby and see what his plans are for teh 4th. Is this morning or evening?

6. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    I can be there until 4 o'clock, so count me in 'till then.

7. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I'll let you know how work goes, other than that I am all for it!

if theres Dueling I am so for it :)

Error: Only 1 message post per minute is allowed.

Been awhile since I've seen that.

8. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    I just have to see what my work schedule permits. If I have that day free, I will no doubt come.

9. Yebbed-Crage

Jun 3, 2001
    They are asking if you guys will need a stage and electricity. What is the verdict??

10. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    I can make it

11. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    I'd say yes to both. The stage for a demo like last year and electricity so we can set up a small TV/VCR to show videos

12. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    OK, G&W is finished, time to focus on this event.

Yep, same place as last weekend. We all love that building now don't we? :)

Still need to confirm the times but basically what we are going to do is set up a table, with some props/toys for the kids to play with, and do a few demonstrations.

We can do a duelling demo like last year, show off a bit and then show them how we practice with the boffers for safety.

Any other suggestions for a demo? Who can bring an item for the table?

At a minimum we just need 4 people and it should be over by around 3:00 pm if I recall from last year. Compared to last week this is a very simple thing to do.

Also there is a potential for a meeting afterwards. There are other events upcoming that we should discuss, and this weekend might be a good chance for that.

13. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    I am up for it. do we need to be costumed?

14. Fanboy_Solo

Oct 7, 2001
    What time's it start? I have work at 3.

15. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    I work until 3:00, so hopefully I can be there.

16. Java_Jedi

May 20, 2002
    Talked with hubby. He's not up to Exar again just yet. (wanted to re-do to much), but I might be able to bring Gill (lynn) and the helmet and mask. Have to find out about times and such.

Hubby does want to come down for any meeting after though.

Edit::: OK... there is NO way we can be there any earlier than say 4 pm. We have a Parent Convention I totally forgot about that day. Should be able to make a meeting in the pm though. Might not have kids at all. :)

17. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    I won't be there. I'm sick (again).

18. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    I am available all day. But as usual I am mobility impaired.

19. Java_Jedi

May 20, 2002
    Since most of us still seem to have "parade fever" I'll bring the app. for teh Santa Parade down Sat evening. :) Might be a good time to "test out" some new stuff.

Edit::: Just found out about the St. CAtherine's Santa PArade new this year. We shoudl jump on this soon. Pick one or both and not do last minute nuts stuff like last year.

20. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    I just found out that I'm probably going to have to work all day this Saturday now.

The schedule will be confirmed tomorrow but I'm 99% sure that I'll end up with the 16 hr shift.

Is there anyone here willing to pick up the ball on this one? As I said its a fairly simple event, 4 people minimum, and it looks like we have that already.

21. Yebbed-Crage

Jun 3, 2001
    I just found out some more information. They would need us from approximately 11am to sometime mid-afternoon. They have a stage set up and we can pick a time to go on stage and do a skit, or light saber duel, or whatever. I need to know what time you want, between 11-2:30. I also need a confirmation of who is able to go. If there is not a good enough response, I will call them and cancel the whole thing. I don't need some people saying they will go and then I count on them and then they don't show up. This is a good time for photo opportunities and to have some fun with a skit and dueling. Please post if you are able to go and even if you are not, so that I can have a count. If you are only able to help out for a little bit, that helps too, so please let me know. Thanks!

Going
    James - needs ride
    Mitch
    Steph
    Nick
    Dana - after 1:30
    Chris P - after 1:30
    Lynn - after 1:30
    Sam - after 1:30

Not Going
    Debby
    Graeme
    Leigh
    John
    Mike
    Kevin
    Alyson
    Jay
    Crystal

Maybe
    Justin

Unknown
    Chris L.
    Andrew
    Stef
    Bayley
    Josh
    Mallory

22. Java_Jedi

May 20, 2002
    OK... looks like our seminar is in the first block. Either way, we should be able to get there for 1- 1:30 ish. If the conference lets out sooner then we'll be there sooner.

Talked to hubby about it and he is willing to wear whatever you guys need him to... lol. Mike is at his dad's, but I should be able to get Lynn and maybe Sam. :) Let me know if there is anything else we can do to help out.

I will try and bail form con. earlier if I can. :)

23. Fanboy_Solo

Oct 7, 2001
    I will be able to come, if we are going anytime until 2:30-ish. Anything you need in advance or need help with, let me know and I'll see what I can do during the week.

24. Yebbed-Crage

Jun 3, 2001
    Well there is not an overwhelming number of posts in support of this event. If it were up to me, I would cancel our involvement in taking part. I don't want our group to look like a bunch of idiots because only a few people are there. But, since there are others involved, I can not make that decision entirely. I don't think we have enough people in costumes that are able to come and do a skit that is worthwhile. Yes, we do have some characters available to take pictures, but is that all you want to do???

I am giving you until tomorrow afternoon (Thursday) to make a final decision if you are planning to go ahead with this or not. I need to see that more people are willing to help!! Otherwise I am calling my contact and tell her that ufortunately we can't get enough people together, but that we will be happy to help out next year. I want to make it known that I am not the only one who feels that perhaps we are a little spent because of last weekend and that perhaps we should sit this one out.

Please give me some feedback.

25. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    How many minimum do you think is a fair number to be there Debbie?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.