main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Niagara, ON *** Eep! Another Event! ***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Woofer, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Java_Jedi

Java_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    ok... What costumes do we have for this thing? No one is going to know who the heck Exar Kun is. The only ones in my crew that are known characters are padawan Bear and Yoda. If we are calling this thing off, I really need to know asap. I have a conference in the morning and am busting my arse (and hubby's) to get there as soon as we can. There are only 4 ppl other than my guys coming.

If this is a NO GO then Hubby and I won't have to rush and miss parts of the conference. I totally see Debby's point here. What the heck... there no media coverage so this one does matter? Come on ppl!

2. Yebbed-Crage

Yebbed-Crage Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    Really there are 3 people going, 4 if James can get a ride here.

I am not going, but since I have the contact, I need to be able to tell them if this is on or not. Myself, I don't think 4 people is enough. Especially since 2 may be in costume. Then Dana and Chris rushing there for early afternoon. It doesn't seem fair to do this half ***. That's all I am saying.

3. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    If I can go then I will bring the costume...it is still in my possesion.

4. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

Hmmm.. I'll give a shot at coming down. Yet I highly doubt I can.

Need to save up anyway ;)

5. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Well we had the lady from Memorial call us no less than 20 min. ago.

We had to tell her that we would not be able to help them out this year because there are too many of us that have prior commitments this coming weekend.

I know there was a few that could attend at varied timed but they wanted a stage performance at 12:30. And at that time we would only have 3-4 available. That was not nearly enough people to do a "skit" and watch our table at the same time.

We apologized and told them to keep us in mind for next year (with a greater time to prepare).

6. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Anyone up for doing something anyways? I will be bored out of my mind so i am looking for something to do.

7. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    It is unfortunate that we could not participate but I have to agree its better to skip this one.

Its too soon after a really major event for us, and we don't have the time to develop a proper plan.

I'd rather see us miss the event instead of doing something rushed, loosely organized and basically half-baked. We have a reputation for doing quality events, I want to see that kept, even at the cost of saying no.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.