main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph [El Camino spoilers] If you don't watch Breaking Bad, then yes, you still are an idiot.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Man friggin Todd, I really gotta watch this again ahaha

TX-20, vin and bstnsx704 like this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I watched all of breaking bad within 3-5 days. Man those were some 3 to 5 days. It really is that good of a show

4. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Wow! What a wonderful ending!

I have absolutely no problem with this, FYI

5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    This new Super Bowl ad is great.

Bor Mullet and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Weird coincidence that this afternoon I just picked up Season 1 from back where I left off when I started last spring, with the 2nd-to-last episode of Season 1. Which is where they introduced that character. So I was cosmically ready to enjoy that commercial.

[​IMG]

Bor Mullet, BigAl6ft6 and EHT like this.
  7. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    My brother has begun his journey into the Breaking Bad universe last week, and currently is midway through season 2 (is really enjoying it thus far); a couple of nights ago, I overhear him mutter to himself that "nothing better happen to Jane."

[​IMG].

Last edited: Jul 11, 2023
    Bor Mullet, Rew, EHT and 4 others like this.
  8. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    You should probably have a care pack ready with tissues, a warm blanket, and a puppy.

9. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    I see this thread is here and member what I posted.

I can confirm I am still an idiot.

Closet I've gotten is this. No interest otherwise

10. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    don’t underestimate the importance of body language

11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Just checking in. Are you still making progress? How can you watch this show in installments and not feel overwhelmingly motivated to keep watching? :p

Bor Mullet and DarthTunick like this.
  12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I’m used to large gaps in narratives (especially in gaming, but also TV- I usually finish the last Zelda when the next one comes out, I’ve been playing Fallen Order for over a year, had a 2+!year gap mid-season 3 of Castlevania, etc). And I find it hard to fit any non-Trek/SW/MCU shows in due to limited time, so I tend to go in binge bursts.

My last session ended with the S2 episode of Jesse getting out jail/old guy crapping himself (seems like a very good place to pause). Will be picking it up in the near future (now that Barry is finished), after I finish Visions season 2 but before I start Man in the High Castle Season 2 (finished S1 a few years ago).

But, yes, ideally, I’d binge them more straight through if I had the time.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2023
    EHT likes this.
  13. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I do the TV show juggle as well, had to get caught up on Walking Dead and Superman and Lois before they left on demand and now I'm 2 episodes behind on Strange New Worlds!

14. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Similar story here. My sister-figure who moved out of Florida talked me into watching Breaking Bad in June 2021. So, my late cis wife and I watched all five seasons of BB from about 29 July to 10 August. So, we didn't speed through it quite as fast. But we watched El Camino shortly thereafter. I personally didn't watch all of Better Call Saul until November and December of last year. I'm one of those people who prefers to watch shows after they're finished. Or at least I was one until Harley Quinn and the Star Wars shows started coming out.

I gotta say that Jesse is my favorite character, although I'm also fond of Saul, Mike, and Skyler. Walter White is horrifying, but I gotta admit that Bryan Cranston's performance is riveting. I first saw him in 2014's Godzilla, and while he was great in it, I wished that he was in more of it. I also agree with Cranston's political views he's shared in interviews, but that's a different topic entirely. I'm just glad that he's nothing like Walter White.

15. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  16. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Really good show. But perhaps its best ingredient is the soundtrack.

When what’s his name was watering his plants and singing Crapa pelada? That changed my car rides for over a year. As did 1977 by Ana Tijoux (my ex-girlfriend) and Money, Money, Money, Money, Money, Money, Money.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2023
  17. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    So my brother finished his binge of Breaking Bad (he’s going to watch El Camino later this week, and hopefully gets to BCS later on), and he loved it; only scruple for him was he wanted Walter to have more of a comeuppance.

I think I mentioned this before in the besties thread, but he teaches at Canoga Park High School here in La La Land, and, well…

[​IMG] .

:p

Rew, Darth_Omega, BigAl6ft6 and 2 others like this.
  18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I’m nearly finished with my second watch of BrBa. I still don’t know why Skylar is hated. Her actions were, if anything, muted.

Rew and EHT like this.
  19. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Because she was super passive-aggressive at the beginning when she knew Walt was hiding something from her and it was kinda annoying. But it's mostly because she was perceived to stand in the way of the hyper-intelligent, hyper-masculine Heisenberg who some segments of the fanbase wanted to win at everything.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
    Darth_Omega and Rew like this.
  20. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    S05E01 - a remake of My Two Dads starring Jesse as the kid.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2023