main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Election Game Results and Decision

Discussion in 'Communications' started by DarthSapient, Mar 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tupolov

Tupolov Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    This game has been a waste of my time.

2. SPACEMONKEY20

SPACEMONKEY20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001

eh..... you had a good time, Tupolov... I'm sorta glad your gang wasn't part of the melee.... so don't sweat it.

3. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    I think its high time to move on from this debacle already, and Im sure just about everyone here will agree.

4. Tupolov

May 24, 2002
    Yeah, you're right. Either way, I'll just take pride in being part of this failed experiment. It was fun. Maybe sometime in the future we can replay a game like this.

5. eclipseSD

eclipseSD Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    This is what happens when the Eclipse Party isn't chosen.

**wags finger**

6. Tupolov

May 24, 2002
    If only you had meged with CCCP. We could have ruled the forums with an iron fist. All critics would be silenced.

Anyway, this experiment has been quite a memorable one. Now I can say that I participated in this experiment.

7. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    I agree with Jeff 42 on this issue. And I'd also like to take this chance to personally thank this thread for reminding me why I rarely come to Communications any more.

I had a pretty good time with the game. Thanks to The Gatherer and Sapient for putting up with everybody in the process. Kudos to Kadue for stepping up to the challenge as well. Good call.

8. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Why don't we just ban everybody for a day over this whole fiasco. Would that make all of you who are out to see someone else banned, happy??

9. lumberjedi

lumberjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2002
    Weren't AT60's and KitFist0's title's going to be Prime Minister and Deputy Prime Minister, due to the whole them being Canadian thing?

All you need is love!

10. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Weren't AT60's and KitFist0's title's going to be Prime Minister and Deputy Prime Minister, due to the whole them being Canadian thing?

I think that's sorta like wondering whether the chairs on the Titanic were blue or white. ;)

11. SPACEMONKEY20

Nov 13, 2001

at least the Titanic had a bar.... 8-}

How about we make a game called Who Wants to Be Emperor of the JC?

Then all this scandal will just be part of the game.... :)

no?

ok, nevermind...... 8-}

12. EmpressPalpatine

EmpressPalpatine Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 31, 2001
    How about we make a game called Who Wants to Be Emperor of the JC?

no one wants to be Emperor.. it would mean they'd have to marry me... 8-}

13. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    i move that we should set up a general social thread in community for everyone who participated.

it would resolve a lot of the animosity, i think :)

14. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001

That is a good idea.

It wouldn't be very practical for 10+ Social Threads for the Parties to be created.

15. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
    Hahahahahahaha, this was absolutely classic.

16. Darth_Weirdo

Darth_Weirdo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    I loved the game. I loved playing it and I'm willing to take part in it again.

I was disappointed at the end, because of the result, but I'll live with it. I hope that the this game will be played next year, with stricker rules etc.

Politics is the thing in life. It makes the world go round and it keeps people active. I suggest that we should create a committee to make the election game more interesting, to make it work better etc.

17. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    Who's asking for anyone to be banned, Kyle? Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see anyone asking for any bannishments.

Vertical

18. SPACEMONKEY20

Nov 13, 2001

yeah, no bannings for me please...

I had a good time with this as well. I said it before, that we never expected to win...

not so sure about doing it again... a game that started in November and went to March was quite a marathon.

If it ever comes up again... after the dust has settled, perhaps it could be reduced down to a month.... a week for each phase of the game. There were so many dead spots in this previous one. A lot of "hurry up and wait" sort of thing....

19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Actually, what I have on my pillows are shams.

The election was a game.

20. EmpressPalpatine

Mar 31, 2001
    I always suspected you of being too much in touch with your inner Martha... 8-}

21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I always suspected you of being too much in touch with your inner Martha...

[Q]Blasphemy! I should cast you out -- ban you or something![/Q]

Funny story -- my startup was on the floor BELOW Martha Stewart Omnimedia in a giant, ex-warehouse building in the meatpacking district in New York City. When they were creating their office-space they would literally leak sludge through the ceiling because of whatever finishing they were doing to the floors...

"Magical Martha pixie dust"...

//sigh

22. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    I just have two posts I want to make before I return to my vacation from the JC. Here's one of them:

I resigned. Normally when someone resigns, they no longer hold their title. Please demote me and remove my title. I resigned for a reason.

23. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    :(

This game was cool until we reached the election like sapient said, however i do feel that if another election game were to be held i would think that a way to overcome this election process would need to be acomplished first.

So until then i say no, otherwise we'll just have a repeat of this election.

24. EmpressPalpatine

Mar 31, 2001
    When they were creating their office-space they would literally leak sludge through the ceiling because of whatever finishing they were doing to the floors...

[image=http://www.foodtv.com/images/celebrities/martha_stewart.gif]

and I'm sure it was a GOOD THING... :D

25. Abner_Doon

Abner_Doon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    ~Concerned with the disappointing lack of drama in their messageboard these past few months, administration came up with the idea of a popularity contest~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.