main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Elementary, my dear Obi-Wan-- a SW/Sherlockian London crossover

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Frostfyre, Sep 24, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I second Lilith's deduction and I loved the phrase "stuffed in a back room somewhere".

Why did you want to know about the Wookie master? Do you mean Kresa Rei'de's Master Nraakys from USJS? Is he going to be in the story, too? (PLEASE! Oh, wait, then you'd be calling this piece Werewolves of London...)

I wonder what Nurse Mahala O'Kelly is going to say when she comes to call on her patient and finds him perfectly healed.

2. Ping

Ping Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 23, 1998
    *falls to the ground laughing* "Not another one!" I love it!

This is good, Frosty!

One thing--no one else would call Holmes Sherlock, because in this era still the English referred to each other by surnames, rather than the informal first names, except with those they were intimate with, like family or old, old friends.

Otherwise, I think you're doing a bang-up job, and I am interested to read more. :) Watson was married officially once, and it's possible he remarried once (I'm a bit hazy on that, but I think there might have been one story where he was married published later), but mostly he lived at 221B with Sherlock most of his life.

Oh, and the "my literary agent Doyle"--priceless! :)

And now I better go find Crash Course so that Lilith doesn't string me up! :)

3. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Ping! Ping! Ping! Ping! Ping! Ping! Ping! Ping! Ping! Ping! Ping! Ping! Ping! Ping! Ping! Ping!

Okay, I'll stop now, because I must sound like a demented modem, but I don't see Ping nearly enough for the preservation of my insanity.

4. LadyVorgunby

LadyVorgunby Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2000
    "not another one"

classic!!

looking forward to more! this is fantastic!!

5. anya Skywalker

anya Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2000
    I second that!Ping and Lilith Demodae,could you put an course in the authors so that they can write more?

6. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

I thought they were brothers, so I'd be okay to use their first names. Or am I just confused...

7. Kaylla Norn

Kaylla Norn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2000
    NOooooooo I was hoping for more post. This is great. When I saw the title I figured it would either be really corny or it would be good. I was wrong. It is excelent. (Sorry, can't spell and can't write, but i can read...one out of three istn't to bad...) please post soon.

8. Ping

Nov 23, 1998
    Hey, Lilith, what have I told you about one Ping only? ;)

C'mon, Frosty, we're waiting!!! :)

(I am not even paying attention to when the last story post came, because I don't care, there's not another one, so I have to wait!) :)

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Had to catch up on 3 pages. Damn this story is good!!!

The way both Ben and Holmes sized each other up, revealing only what was necessary to know for now. Mrs. Hudson's apparent instant familiarity of the injured Obi-Wan.

And Mycroft's reaction to him, superb!!!

10. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Frosty!!!! Where are youuuuuuuuuu???

11. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

I'd love another post too!

12. Nerrie

Nerrie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2000
    I love how Obi is able to hold his own against Holmes' curiosity. More please~!

13. Frostfyre

Frostfyre Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 1999

::claps hands gleefully:: Oh, you like it! I'm so glad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

?What on earth do you mean, ?another one??? Holmes demanded.

Mycroft ignored him, opening the door again and speaking quietly to the man outside. I caught the words ?Get me MacEiver. Now.? Then he closed it again and turned to study Ben. ?Forgive my rudeness,? he said, suddenly all warmth and jovial charm. He crossed the room to clasp the young man?s hand. ?Please, be seated. I see you have been recently injured.?

I admit, I found myself envying Ben. Not once had he asked that question I myself am so guilty of: ?How did you know that?? He accepted the Holmes brothers? abilities without comment or even a great deal of incredulity.

Ben, though he had been as startled as Holmes and I at Mycroft?s outburst, had recovered himself quickly and took his seat as the big man requested. I fancied, however, that a flicker of hope crossed his features. No doubt he hoped that Mycroft had already found his missing master.

?What is this about, Mycroft?? Holmes asked again.

His brother waved a pudgy hand. ?Patience, patience, Sherlock. I hope all will be revealed.?

Holmes, truly irritated now, growled in the back of his throat. ?Mycroft?? he began.

?How did your meeting with your informant go last night?? Mycroft interrupted smoothly, seating himself in an overstuffed chair.

My friend fairly choked. ?I didn?t tell you about that!? His brows snapped down into a black line over his eyes. ?You wouldn?t dare set watchers on Baker Street. Because if you had, that would be the last time I *ever* work for you again.?

?Calm down, Sherlock.? His smile was faintly malicious. ?Doctor Watson has been rubbing off on you.? Mycroft turned his grin, friendlier now, towards me to soften the words. ?No offense, Watson.?

I was used to it. ?None taken.?

?What do you mean??? Holmes broke off, and the scowl was replaced by an exasperated smile. ?Of course. The note is still in my pocket, and there is mud on my shoes from the riverdocks.?

?And you didn?t bathe last night. Where did you go?the Roll??

?Naturally.?

?Ah. I thought I recognized that particular reek.?

?Thank you ever so much, brother,? Holmes said dryly. ?As for the meeting?it didn?t go well.? He briefly outlined the events, starting with our rescue of Ben, and Mycroft?s broad face grew grim.

?I don?t like this, Sherlock. And you think there may be a link between Moriarty and this thief?? At Holmes?s nod, he sighed heavily. ?We will have to wait then, until MacEiver gets here.?

Holmes turned to prop his shoulder blades against one of the mantel?s posts, twirling his half-empty brandy snifter in his long-fingered hands. ?I thought I knew most of your men, Mycroft, but I don?t think I?ve met this fellow.?

?You don?t know half my men, Sherlock. You only wish you did. And he isn?t my man, strictly speaking.?

Holmes sneered amiably at him. I was mildly startled. It was rare to see the two men behave like normal brothers. ?Who is he?? my friend repeated.

?You?ll meet him soon enough. I?d?rather allow him to explain.?

There was a soft knock at the door. Mycroft, with surprising speed for a man his size, sprang to his feet and opened it, admitting a rather short, nervous looking fellow in his mid-thirties with a shock of dark red hair and slightly watery green eyes. He was dressed impeccably, in the height of fashion, from his beaver hat to his well-shined shoes and silk waistcoat. ?M-Mycroft,? he said, his eyes darting to Holmes and I. Ben, still seated, was mostly obscured by Mycroft?s bulk.

?MacEiver. Sorry to call you up in a rush like this.?

?W-what seems t?be the problem?? He had a soft Scottish burr, noticeable even through his stutter. ?I was j-just on m?way to the train station. B-business back home in Edinburgh.?

?Rory MacEiver, this is my brother, Sherlock Holmes, and his friend and associate Doctor Watson. They seem to have picked up a stray. I thought you might

14. Frostfyre

Oct 25, 1999

You know...I've noticed something, Lady Vorgunby. D'you think that Miles and Mark were modeled a little off of Holmes and Mycroft? I mean, Miles is lean and intense [albeit very short]; Holmes is lean and intense. Mark is fat and not so energetic, but in his own way even deadlier than Miles; Mycroft is fat and lazy, but smarter and more dangerous than Holmes? Or is that just me?

Frosty

15. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Very Cool!! But I -had- hoped that he would have Qui-gon stashed away back there. :/ I hope Obi finds him soon. I love the way MacEiver just drops the facade and turns into someone completely different.

16. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
  17. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Oh, I loved that post! Probably a combination of your uncanny accuracy at portraying Holmes and Watson and the fact that Holmes can still be surprised by others.

Now I need to know what reaction Holmes is going to have to what he's just been told! More please Frostfyre!

18. Ping

Nov 23, 1998
    *claps* More story! Yipee!

*face falls* Oh. No Qui-Gon. *sniff* And not only that, Qui-Gon's missing? Eeep! Noooo!

*ahem* Interesting post, Frosty! Mesa likin' dat. *ducks Jar-Jar haters' collective punch*

Too bad, though, that this particular non-Scot isn't tall, well-muscled, and with longish blonde hair. But then, I don't think Swiss-Army knives were around in the Victorian era, so I guess it's just as well. ;)

19. Frostfyre

Oct 25, 1999

I always wanted to see what MacGuyver would make of a coupla Jedi...and can Jedi build a bomb out of a ball point pen and duct tape?

20. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I can't help but wonder how Holmes is going to respond to THAT! Watson will probably sputter "Preposterous!" or something similar, but Holmes--Holmes just might be a believer. After all, when you've ruled out every other possibility, what remains must be the truth, no matter how unbelievable it is. I like the idea of undercover Jedi among us. Rory MacEiver must have been there from the beginning to fit in so well by now. But why would the man whom Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are chasing have come to Earth? Is there someone else undercover here, from whom he hopes to receive assistance? He can't have landed here by accident, because there is no coincidence, there is the Force. Or?

21. anya Skywalker

anya Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2000
    Great!Is all i have to say.I was expecting Qui-gon,but anyway......... :)

22. Frostfyre

Oct 25, 1999

Sorry there wasn't a post today. Classes took all my time. :} Hopefully, I'll have it ready by Wednesday.

23. LadyVorgunby

LadyVorgunby Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2000
    yeah frosty I think you're right. THere is a resemblance there that might be too much of a conicidence to ignore. I actually haven't read much Holmes, but I am working on some now, in all my enormous amounts of free time! (between classes, homework, work, band, and sleep there isn't a lot. I guess it's time to cut back on something. Sleep is already gone. I guess homework is next!)

:>)

Always looking foward to more!!

24. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Well, I suppose that means I should go get a post of my own ready, then, huh?

25. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Another superb post Frostfyre! Your characters are just so on target!

Can't wait for Holmes' reaction to MacEiver's revelation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.