main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Eleven-ThirtyEight and stuff

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Jul 8, 2013.

?

Well?

1. I don't care

20 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. Hm, neat

49 vote(s)
    43.4%
  3. OMG COOPER IS MY HERO

44 vote(s)
    38.9%
  1. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    That was awesome.

You gotta remember, there was just ANH (which wasn't even called that) and then you found the comic and was like, well, here's more Star Wars, and this rabbit guy is the kind of thing that's in Star Wars. Did we (kids at the time) "love" him? I dunno, he was just part of Star Wars, before almost everything else we know as Star Wars existed. And the piece is right, those stories get the SW vibe surprisingly right. It coulda been Trek-ish, it coulda been even more Flash Gordon-y, the tone could have been anything, but they went for western/samurai.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Shout out to the guy in our comments who felt the need to defend Jaxxon against David's positive article.

Jedi Ben, BobaMatt, jSarek and 3 others like this.
  3. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Hear, hear! This is indeed a fantastic article. It's so easy to fall into the trap of taking this stuff so seriously and forget the whimsical, silly side side that makes Star Wars so special and unique. #BringBackHoojibsNext

CooperTFN and Gamiel like this.
  4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    There needs to be silly in Star Wars, there has definitely been a few in the post 2015 stuff. One of my favourite gags in Marvel's recent run is actually in Vader Down, which is an incredibly dark story, still had a bit where Han and Aphra get beehives stuck on their heads and run into each other and knock each other out.

CooperTFN, jSarek and Gamiel like this.
  5. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
    I know she's written stuff for the site, so is there any sort of talk about putting the Twin Suns essay by Abigail Dillon on there? That stuff is good!

Also, I wanted to "respond" to this line, in the article about the Bendu, but I went there months too late and the comments were already closed :

Maul did that, and the Bendu just up and disappeared. Literally. Maul didn't even get to see him!

CooperTFN likes this.
  6. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    She originally pitched me part three, actually--but a) I wasn't into the idea of picking up a series that started elsewhere and b) it was too long even for us. :p

It's fantastic work, don't get me wrong, just not something I was interested in hosting. I've been very happy with her other guest pieces though.

Iron_lord likes this.
  7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    CooperTFN likes this.
  8. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  9. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999