main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite Galactic Wrestling: The Tournament Arc

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by galactic-vagabond422, May 27, 2020.

1. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    The lights are dim in the packed Incom Arena on Fresia, the crowd quiets though with over half a million beings in attendance it would be impossible to keep them absolutely silent. They all know what they are here to see, and they are giddy with anticipation. Thankfully the fans don't have to wait long before the entrance music hits.

The reigning champion of Elite Galactic Wrestling was walking to the ring, flanked by his associates. The Champ is an older human showing some signs of age and a life taking bumps. Though that has done nothing to cool his charisma and force of personality. He marches to the ring head held high looking down on the fans of all species near the entrance ramp. Around his waist the big platinum belt, that all in the company strived to wear. As he came to the ring the towering trandoshan at his side pushed the rings ropes aside making it easier for him to enter. The Champion entered looking over the crowd with a pleased if haughty look on his face. Many in the crowd sing along with his entrance music.

He waits soaking in the adoration, the praise before holding out his hand for a microphone, which is duly handed to him by a ripped twi'lek man. With the mic in his hands the crowd goes quiet.

"I can understand if you all are a little bit surprised to see me." The Champ said looking over the masses. "I told you all that I wouldn't be taking another match until Wrestle Madness in a few weeks." The crowd starts to cheer thinking they might get the Champ wrestling tonight. "And I'm still not…" The beings in attendance looked crestfallen. "But my opponent, the number one contender had to go and get injured. The idiot." Boos erupted all around him. "And now I have no one to face me at the upcoming event...So instead of going with the next wrestler in line, I'll be challenging the wrestler that can win the new EGW Contender's Championship. For the next few weeks contestants will battle to see who will face me for the male title in the Co-Main event at Wrestle Madness."

The crowd cheers once again and the Champion stands there nodding his head before making his way to the back his posse in tow.

At the end of the night, after all the matches had been concluded, just as the fans were starting to leave. More music blared over the speakers. The entrance theme for the Women's Champion Tsuruhime.

A lithe but powerful looking Pantoran walked to the ring waving and smiling. There was a brace around her knee, a sign of the injury she suffered, and her belt around her waist. Stiffly she got into the ring taking a microphone looking up to the crowd eyes slightly glassy.

"Hey everyone." Her soft voice tinged with sadness rang out, "I first want to thank you all for your support, and your love while I deal with this injury." She gestured to the brace on her leg. "Now you can probably guess where this is heading." She paused getting choked up. "This injury is going to take a bit to heal up." The Female champion looked down, swallowing hard. "Bit longer than I was expecting. And it would be selfish of me to hold onto the strap, to rob all of the other wrestlers on the roster of a chance at the title. What would be the point of wrestling if I held the title of Women's Champion and no one else could get at it." Tsuruhime paused looking down as the crowd knew what was coming next, and their hearts sank. "I have decided to vacate my title. To let the other wrestlers have a chance to hold the gold in my absence." Even all the way in the nosebleeds the fans could see the emotion on her face. "But, this isn't goodbye. I'll be back once I'm healed up." With one hand she undid the clasp and held up the belt she'd been wearing and defending for over 6 months. "And you'd better believe I'm coming for this belt once I come back. You hear me ladies. You'd better keep one eye on me, because I'll be challenging whoever wins this strap the moment I come back." With her words said she laid the gold and ruby belt in the center of the ring and walked away.

Both belts were up for grabs, two tournaments were to be held. For the first time in a long while anyone could hold the gold, could hoist the belt and be the Elite Galactic Wrestling Champion.

Backstage, where the camera's couldn't see The Champion, the heel to end all heels, wrapped Tsuruhime in a big hug.

"We're going to miss you girl. Get well soon."

Welcome to Elite Galactic Wrestling, break out the spandex and goofy gimmicks because it is about to get crazy and colorful in here.

Character sheet:

Name:
    Species:
    Homeworld:
    Height:
    Weight:
    Appearance:
    Persona:
    Bio:

Rules:

1: Private Message the Game Master your Character Sheet for approval! Do not post your Character Sheet in thread or you will be ignored!
    2: As GM what I say does carry weight but need not be the be all and end all, I am willing to discuss things with the players and see where things might go. If you have a suggestion for an angle or an idea for your character feel free to PM me and we can work it out together.
    3: Please keep OOC talk in the thread to a minimum if you have questions for, or issues with, other players or the GM please resolve them in a PM.
    3: This is a game about a wrestling competition so there is a lot of fighting, but given that it is a wrestling competition, we all know that the combatants work with each other not against each other. In the spirit of that I encourage you all to work out the fight between each other should you end up in a match against another player. If you can decide on a winner between the both of you, great, if not, I as GM, Head of Creative, and Commissioner can step in and make a final judgment.
    4: Follow TOS rules. This aint the Attitude Era.
    5: Have fun.

2. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    And Example sheet:

Name: Ethan Allyn
    Species: Human
    Homeworld: Coruscant
    Height: 173 cm
    Weight: 83kg
    Appearance: [​IMG]

Persona: Graves, it was a dark night when Grave's father left promising to return, he never did. Then his mother left with the same promise, with the same results. That was when Graves learned you couldn't trust anyone, or anything except death and pain. This was driven home as he bounced around the undercity of Coruscant facing more betrayals and lies. He picked up freerunning, leaping between the buildings and pathways of the planetwide city, risking everything for a rush. Because he didn't care if he lived or died. He just wanted to feel. Then one day he stumbled into a wrestling gym just looking to get out of the rain.

There he saw men and women throwing themselves at each other, flying through the air without fear. He was drawn to it immediately the acrobatics, the maneuvers, the pain inflicted on both sides. It was just what he was looking for, a way to let out his anger at the world, and walk on the edge of death.

With his finisher, the Death Drop, he hurls himself around the ring bouncing off the ropes putting all of himself into his strikes and throws. He does not care about his own life, and has become near impervious to pain. If you try to pin him, you will have a hard time. He will not go down easy.

Bio: Ethan comes from the middle layer of Coruscant, his father liked to watch professional wrestling and Ethan would sit and watch with him. Soon his father's love became his own. So much so that he joined his school's wrestling team, though it wasn't anything like he saw on holo. In university he studied holo-making, but he always had this desire to be a wrestler. Though given his size not many would take him on. But there was a one promotion on Coursant that would, and he showed his death defying and sometimes extremely dangerous stunts he would pull. While not a technical marvel he more than made up for it with speed and daring moves. He also was capable of showing a mean streak, of really putting the pain on his opponents. This eventually got him noticed by EGW that took him on recently as they broaden what it meant to be a wrestler and who could be a wrestler.

Backstage he is known as the "I'll try anything once" kind of guy, always taking on ridiculous challenges, like eating a hot pepper, or trying to whistle with crackers in his mouth. Sometimes stupid and sometimes endering everyone knows that Ethan is always up for anything, be that in the ring or just something someone saw on the holonet.

Sinrebirth and I_am_Kooky like this.
  3. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    GM APPROVED! LETS GET READYY TO RUMBLLELEEEE

Name: Ornald Novan
    Species: human
    Homeworld: Naboo
    Height: 6’1
    Weight: 220
    Appearance: Fit, athletic muscular build
    Persona: Otto Nova
    [​IMG]
    Otto Nova is a fighter from the outer rim. He surfs, he skydives, and he flies the fastest pod racers. He’s an extreme sports junkie and self-proclaimed “Galactic Dude with an Attitude”
    Bio: Ornald Novan always idolized the wrestling federation. He was unathletic, but smart, which got him a scholarship to college. During his senior year, on his way to being admitted into medical school, his father passed away and left him a note that listed all the regrets that his father had: the main one being never living the life he wanted to live, but instead living the life that everyone wanted him to. Ornald dropped out of school and decided that he’d live life on his own terms and pursue his wrestling career. 3 years later he’s been called up to the big leagues the dude with an attitude is ready to make a splash!

4. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    (OOC: Going to start things slower, let Ornald get some time before Otto steps into the spotlight.)

IC: Kris Drum
    In hyperspace on route to Vahlia Arena, Denon

"Well, hyperspace coordinates are locked in…" Kris Drum said from the pilot's seat of a rather nice YT-1300. The Swanton, was Kris's personal vessel that she used for galactic travel, it was a necessity for the wrestler lifestyle, going from show to show, traveling all across the galaxy almost every week. What was also a necessity was traveling with others. It can get lonely traveling for hours on your own, so it was always good to bring along friends or other wrestlers, someone you could talk to in the quiet of space.

The female devaronian turned to her human companion Ornald Novan.. They were heading out from the same place and it seemed Kris, or Diva, as she was known in the ring, didn't mind Ornald.

"So you nervous?" she asked looking to the rookie. The older devaronian had been around for a few years, had 'paid her dues' as it were. Though she did stick her nose up in the air around the fresh meat. "Getting tapped to be part of the Tournament has to be pretty big." Kris spoke softly causally around the human. It was only a slight departure from her persona in the ring, the tough as nails Diva that could go just as hard as the men, and was willing to put her body on the line for a match. Her promos were scathing attacks on her foes, laying into them for not putting in the work, not being willing to go that extra meter like she was.

Though such a difference was common in the world of 'Sports Entertainment'.

She was dressed in a shirt, one of her own, with 'Diva' written across the chest, little horns sticking out from the 'D' and the 'A', a rugged pair of pants and well worn boots. Her ring gear which was packed away in her locked room was again slightly different, torn pants, kneepads, and a tank top that clung to her fit frame. It spoke as loud as her voice in the ring.

TAG: @The Jedi in the Pumas

5. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Ornald Novan
    -Hyperspace

Geez, Ornald thought, why are all the divas so hot?

Dressed in an oversized black sweatshirt and super high red shorts, Ornald was in the back, researching on the holonet, the hot spots on the planet they were headed to. He made it a point to research the places they were going first ever since his first stage appearance. Just because he was being paid to wrestle and live his dream did not mean he was above being placed in crappy hotels in dangerous parts of the city. He was fairly low on the totem pole and the acceptance in the tournament had surprised him as much as it had surprised some of the other guys he had traveled with on the circuit. He felt bad leaving the lower circuit behind, somewhat. Some of those guys had been working for decades trying to breach the next level and never got their chance. But hell...everyone doesn't get a shot at the big times.

"Nervous? You bet, mama. I'm super nervous. Some of the guys in tournament are guys I had up on my wall in college. Ty'sin Higgle, Kimbo the Starman, Pazar Kornicek... It really feels like the big leagues, y'know?"

He sighed and leaned back from his comscreen. He rubbed his temples. "I don't even know where to begin stepping in the rings with those guys."

Tag: @galactic-vagabond422

6. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009

Ornald found a 'quaint' hotel in the lower sections of Denon's planetwide city called Squeaky's. It was just a short airspeeder ride to the arena, and in the same tower block was Oolon Noodle Shop, a place with decent reviews, as long as you got the spicy dishes. There was even a nightclub, The Shadow Star, just a few streets down, a good place to unwind. He wouldn't be the first grappler to have stayed out all hours partying it up. If that was a good idea or not, that was up to his own judgement.

"It's good that you're nervous." Kris replied, "Means you'll listen when your partner gives a suggestion, or gives you advice." She leaned back in her chair stretching her long legs and resting her heels on the control panel. "Seen a lot of young beings come up and think they're hot poodoo, and don't need to listen. Then they come out botch a Corulag Destroyer and end a career." Interlacing her fingers she put her hands behind her head, while her ring gear was more revealing, even in her regular clothes she was still quite appealing. "In the end this business is all about people, the people you work with, the people you work for, and the people that watch you. You can have all the athleticism in the galaxy and it won't mean a thing if you can't work with others. Or at least listen to them. At least I hope that's the truth. Though I've heard stories of Tough Tyrell being a gundark to work with, but he was the face of Wrestling at the time so you had to put up with him." The veteran wrestler looked to Ornald with a smile and a little chuckle. "But I don't think we have to worry about your ego...just yet."

She was quiet a moment letting the conversation to breathe to let her shift gears a little.

"What's your goal here?" she asked, her tone wasn't accusatory, it was almost curious, "You want to go out there and put up classic matches, be the next wrestler a college kid puts on their wall? Or you just here for the fame and the money? not that there's anything wrong with that it's still a job to some people."

Sinrebirth and I_am_Kooky like this.
  7. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Ornald Novan
    -The Shadow Star

The third ale as soon as Kris asked her question. This should be his last ale...

Should.

He took a sip and bit into another spicy popper before answering.

"I mean...It could never be about the money and fame to me. Would it be nice to be all on the PPVs and holonet commercials? Yea. Fill up a fat bank account and buy a big house on Coruscant? You bet. But no...I'm in it for the show. I remember watching those guys when I was young. Flying across the ring, jumping off the stage, raising the belts over their head...**** is inspiring. I want to inspire people, but I want to be the best."

He waved a popper at her before dropping it down his gullet.

"If you love what you do and you're good at it, the money and all the other stuff will come. I see this as my chance to be backstage, be around the greats, learn from them, then go out there and give the fans the best show they've ever seen. It's ALL about the show."

8. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009

"It's all about the show." Kris said with a smile. They settle in continuing to chat a little back and forth. She shared the spicy poppers with him, giving the newbie a fanged smile as bit into one. Kris took a break to go watch some soap opera she had recorded before heading out. The controls were locked so Ornald couldn't get up to too much trouble while she wasn't watching him. It was nice and they got along easily. Seems they shared some of the same goals, leaving a mark, having people be inspired by what they did. An admirable goal.

Vahlia Arena, Denon

Soon enough they arrived at Denon, where Kris parted ways though not without a promise of getting drinks that night. First though he had meeting with his first man he'd face in the big leagues, Ty'sin Higgle. The oldest active wrestler on the roster, been wrestling since before Ornald was even born, and it showed. Backstage at the arena the Elder Statesman, the five time EGW champ, sat down across from the young wrestler. The native of Haruun Kal hissed a little wincing as he took his seat. The wear and tear of the life had taken a toll on the once impressive champion. Though he wasn't over the hill yet, even in a comfortable shirt and rugged pants he still looked imposing, possibly more so if one remember the feats of strength he did when he was in his prime. His face looked a little haggard, his dark skin showing a few wrinkles, his hands almost creaking as he flexed them.

"Hey Ornald." The man said with a deeper voice though not as boisterous as he was in the ring. "Just wanted to check and make sure you got the match layout." The younger wrestler had, and it seemed simple enough. Otto would get some offense in, good strikes against the older slower veteran. At about the midpoint of the match Ty'sin would start to strike back using holds, to try and ground the newcomer and counters to his opponent's offense. Otto would look explosive, an exciting newcomer that had great promise. The crescendo would be a top rope falcon arrow, the Higgle High Slam. A move he hasn't used in a little over a year. Otto would take the move and be pinned for the 1,2,3. Seemed simple enough, an exciting match, showcasing the energy and athleticism of Otto while still giving the old grappler the win. Not exactly how one would want their first match to go in their dreams but working with a living legend wasn't so bad. "You have any alterations? Other than the finish, sorry that's coming from on high."

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  9. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Ornald Novan
    -Vahlia Arena, Denon

Ty'sin Friggin Higgle.

Seated in front of him. What the entire nine Corellian hells?

Ornald forced a "Yes sir." out before realizing that he meant to say no, he didn't have any alterations. His mind raced as he thought more about the answer. Did he? Going down on his first major televised match to the great Higgle? I mean most guys did not even make it to an event like this. Would it be nice to be the big fresh new guy to capture a win and surprise the audience? Sure. But that was not how the business went. What Ornald would focus on is how to make sure his moves were perfected and that his moves would get the crowds out of their seats.

"No sir, no corrections or alterations, Mr. Higgle. It's all about the show." He tried to lighten the mood with a joke. "Think you're going to be able to keep up, old timer? Ha. I don't know if you've seen the footage on me, but....I'm something else."

10. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Vahlia Arena, Denon

Higgle laughed a bit hearing that a warm smile on his face. He rose up and looked the newcomer in the eye. "Oh, I'm sure we'll see whipper snapper." The five time champ guided Ornald through the Backstage area. Not that Ornald need much help, he knew the way out, or to the ring that was still being set up. There would be time later to go through the mach, to rehearse for the big night.

As they walked another wrestler intercepted them, another legend that would be watching. Pazar Kornicek, The Heartstopper, and master of the Hyperkick, his version being called the 'Goodnight Kick'. He wasn't as tall or as imposing as Higgle, but the red skinned twi'lek had physical charisma for days. He stopped seeing the pair and walked over to them.

"Pazar." Higgle called out.

"Ty'sin." He replied, that distinctive growl in his tone. "This the new guy?" He asked pointing to Ornald.

"Yeah, he's something else." Ty'sin answered.

"Well, I'm sure we'll have plenty of time to see if your up to snuff..." There was an edge to the word, the match wasn't overly long, though it could mean that the new guy's contract could be for a while, or that he would have a long run with the company, or that it could be a long road to gain respect. So much in just a simple phrase..

The Jedi in the Pumas likes this.