main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite League Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

How are we now more than halfway through the regular season? Crazy, I tell ya. Crazy! What's not crazy is the bonus potential for Bakura, Carratos, Coruscant, Mando'ade, and Ralltiir.

288 Week 7 Results
    Dac Mariners at Bakura Miners (23-12)
    Coruscant Senators at Stewjon Metropolitans (1-0)
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Rydonni Prime Monarchs (19-7)
    Carratos Pirates at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers (35-16)
    Mando’ade Mercs at Onderon Beast Riders (31-7)
    Euceron Officers at Denon Demons (25-15)

TAG: Bardan_Jusik galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Runjedirun Vehn

jcgoble3, Jedi Gunny and Vehn like this.
  2. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for Atzerri (28), Tatooine (30), Thyferra (28) and Concordia (28)

LFL Week Six Results
    Thyferra Force @ Druckenwell Marksmen (3-5)
    Atzerri Bandits @ Concordia Crusaders (5-5) (5-5 end of overtime period) (5-6) end of shoot-out
    Tatooine Sandskimmers @ Honoghr Honor (22-18)

Tags: Jedi Gunny Vehn galactic-vagabond422 Bardan_Jusik

Vehn likes this.
  3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a cloudy and cool Victory afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

"Three wins in a row and things are looking good!"

"That's right, that's right, three in a row and the Mercs looked shabla good doing it last night as they took care of the Beast Riders 31 to seven, and man Onderon has fallen off the map."

"Just one and six now, and in last place in the conference."

"Meanwhile your Mando'ade Mercs remain in first place, ahead of the Carratos Pirates, who I hate, by virtue of tie breakers."

"Yeah that Pirates team is really good too."

"Setting up for an eventual showdown in the playoffs if you ask me."

"Only two teams in the Skywalker with winning records..."

"Though the Officers are only a game under .500 and sitting in third right now."

"...and both put up over 30 points this week."

"Yup, Mercs behind a fantastic effort by Arock who scored nine, though Irvin snuck in there as the game's overall scoring leader with 12."

"Arock had a great game, a great game, but let's not forget about the defense."

"Of course you'd bring up the defense."

"Well why shouldn't I? Only one goal allowed by Hunter to go along with the four bar points and the backs in front of him were playing great!"

"Yeah, they did play a good game. Let's not forget though the Beast Riders are an offensively challenged team, dead last in the league in points scored."

"Sure, sure, they're pretty bad. Still give credit to the defense for never letting the Beast Riders get comfortable back there."

"Speaking of defense, you see that Mets-Sens game?"

"Oh I know, a one-nil score, I love games like that."

"Might not like it if it happens next week. Mercs are taking on that Sens squad at Cosruscant."

"That will be a good test, Mercs beat the top squad in the Solo a couple of weeks ago..."

"Miners still reeling, they lost to the Mariners this weekend now."

"That was only Dac's second win of the season."

"...and so it will be interesting to see how they fare against a team right there in the playoff hunt as we start the final stretch of the season..."

TAG: No One.

Trieste, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  4. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Andres Fortune

No man should be expected to live with a newborn baby, the baby’s mother, a tween son and a teenage step daughter. At least not with the help of some substance. I survived the week going by going to the required group therapies, drinking a lot of caf and binging on junk food I’d sworn off years ago when I wanted to earn a starting spot on Nar Shaddaa.

It was time to leave for the stadium. The quiet stadium since the Starkillers played on Rydonni Prime this week. I grabbed the garment bag with my suit and gently kissed Alyada on the cheek. “You should take a nap,” I suggested. “While Juliette is sleeping.”

“I can’t,” she said in a pissed off tone. I gave her a quizzical look. “I have to pee."

"So go pee," I state the obvious.

"None of the fresher’s in this house have paper,” she says under her breath.

The kids had been giving Alyada a hard time. This was taking it too far. I threw my garment bag on the caf table and stormed towards the closest bedroom. Zoey is at raquet ball practice. I check her room and her fresher. No paper, everything in Zoey’s room is very neat. Nothing out of place and I’d hate to ransack it with no reason to suspect her.

I knock on Marty’s door. “You in there,” I call.

“Yea,” he answers. I open the door and he’s doing the same thing he’s always doing. Playing holo games.

“You wouldn’t be hiding fresher paper in here?” I ask.

“Ugh,” he says. “Your making me mess up!”

I grab the game out of his hands. “I asked you a question”

“Give that back,” he demands.

“You don’t talk to me that way,” I remind him sternly. I put his data pad under my arm securely and walk to the fresher in his room. Notice the towels on the floor and again the empty paper holder. Marty’s room is a mess. “You should clean up in here,” I remark.

“Why?” He asks.

“Well,” I say heading towards his bed. “Maybe if you did the rest of us wouldn’t be looking for this,” I say kicking a roll of paper out from under his bed. “What the hell are you hording fresher paper for?”

“I’m playing a prank on Zoey,” he tells me enthusiastically.

For about the 100th time in the past week I cursed my x-wife for letting him spend a weekend with his cousins. “Well if you want to make your sister mad you deal with her. In the meantime I need this.” I bend over and pick up the roll of paper.

“Can I have my data pad back?” Marty calls.

“No,” I answer angrily.

“How am I supposed to do my homework?”

“Nice try. This is your gaming pad. Your school data pad is on the kitchen counter. Collecting dust,” I add.

I hand Alyada the roll of fresher paper and pick up my duffel. “Sorry,” I apologize.

“I knew he had it,” she fumes. “I suck at being a mom.”

“No you don’t,” I assure her. “It just takes practice. “I’m late. See you tonight.” I give her a quick kiss on the cheek, grab my garment bag and run out the door.

There’s no game in town. Somehow I manage to hit traffic. I get to the stadium when the broadcast is starting. Everyone is hounding me about why I’m late. I dismiss them and slam my dressing room door. Once I’m in my suit and the make-up is applied I join Eriin.

“There you are,” she says as I take my seat in the booth. “I was just telling our viewers today’s game is a must win.”

“Pretty much,” I agree. For once I’m glad to be wearing make-up it conceals my flushed face. “Need to end this losing streak and start another win streak.”

“Today’s the day to do it,” Eriin says excitedly. “A division rival with the Golden Gloves trophy waiting for the loser.”

“The pressure is on Cliff Tuff. He hates that trophy. Coach Allin makes him keep it in his locker if the team loses.”

“I’d love to get more insight,” Eriin informs me. “But you got here really late and the game is about to start. Time to get your nachos out of the oven Ralltiir. Kick-off at the other end of this break.”

“Welcome back,” I greet our viewers. “Ralltiir is sporting their navy blue away jerseys with orange accents. A new design this season. Very sharp. The players are on the field and we are off! Monarchs control the ball first. Lawco makes his move engaging the Monarchs midfield ball handler. Lawco makes a nice steal.”

“He sees the Monarchs defenders closing in and almost immediately passes up field to Yolanda,” Eriin continues.

“Ooh, Lawco takes a hard hit,” I react.

“He’s slow to get up, but the action is up field,” Eriin continues. “Yolanda is out of options. No one is open ahead of her. She takes a hit and loses the ball.”

“Monarchs drive quickly back towards our goal. Lawco is visibly slower after that hit on the last play and ineffective.”

“Not to worry,” Eriin proclaims. “Noah Till is on the prowl.”

“Is he ever. That look in his eyes. Pure determination. I would not want to be the offensive player trying to drive by him this afternoon.”

“And that’s why!” Eriin reacts. “Noah Till just swooped in and stole that pass as if it was intended for him.”

“Now the ball is moving in the right direction again,” I state. “Lawco accepts the pass. He’s steadier on his feet. Makes a nice move around two defenders and passes up field to Olidiipo.”

“Olidiipo almost drops the pass, as he tries to recover the Monarchs defense overtakes him. Another turnover,” Eriin grumbles.

“Again the Monarchs race downfield. This time they double team Till. Moonjoy tries to intervene but he’s tackled easily. They get a shot off. Tuff bats it to Comstock. Comstock passes all the way up field to Lofykam.

“The Wookiee forward isn’t graceful but she sure can knock down her opponents,” I declare. “Yolanda is open. She receives the pass.”

“She scores!” Eriin finishes for me. “Three to nothing, Starkillers.”

Halftime.

“If you are just joining us the Ralltiir Starkillers are leading the Rydonni Prime Monarchs with a score of 13-2 at the half,” Eriin says as we return from break. “While the teams warm up for another grueling half let’s talk about The University of Tatooine Anchorhead.”

“More specifically I think you want to talk about Tomas Vigo,” I say to Eriin. “He played another spectacular game yesterday. Two steals, goal scored, three assists...” I ramble.

“What I want to talk about,” Eriin interrupts. “Is why this team wasn’t ranked at the beginning of the season? Sure they’re quietly moving up the ranks. But they deserve a shot at the play-offs.”

“They never ranked last season,” I remind Eriin. “Who knows still some season left. They win out they might get a shot. If not we get a fresher Vigo next season.”

“He’s 21,” Eriin brushes me off. “He doesn’t need rest. He deserves a shot at the college title.”

“Score is in for another team on Tatooine,” I say knowing that there’s no right answer to Eriin's debate. “Sandskimmers eek out another win. This one 22-18 over the Honoghr Honor.”

“Maybe Bieberman can finally win that team a championship,” Eriin says hopefully. “How did she do today?”

“Seven points,” I answer. “She’s making her mark. That’s for sure. It’s about time for the second half,” I tell our viewers. “Refill your fizz and nacho plates action starts on the other side of this break.”

2 Minutes Into the Half

“There she goes again,” Eriin boasts. “My little sister Yolanda Dunerider. Right through the middle of two defenders. GOAL!”

“That was just nasty,” I remark. “What a play. We’ll see the coaches start to pull our starters now,” I prepare our audience.

End of Game

“The Starkillers dribble it out and take the victory. Your final score 19-7. Ralltiir Starkillers,” Eriin announces.

“Be sure to join us next week,” I remind our viewers. “As the Ralltiir starkillers take on the Euceron Officers.”

“Tune in to see if Andres Fortune shows up for work on time,” Eriin quips.

“Stay for the game,” I advise shooting Eriin a look.

Tags: none

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  5. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    IC: Tex

Zeus Syndulla, stymied all day by the Stewjon Mets midfielders, finally decided to kick the ball deep. Nothing else had worked for the Senator offense on a day when neither team had scored a single point. It had been 0-0 at halftime, and undoubtedly many viewers had turned the game off to focus on their knitting or watching paint dry. Or watching a team with more offense. But for those who liked defense, this was their kind of game.

Syndulla squarely hit the ball with his foot, and it arced high into the sky. The Twi’lek started to jump to the side, trying to encourage the ball to stay on point. The ball contacted the goal post with a loud thump that could be easily heard on the broadcast. However, there was enough energy on the ball that it was deflected through the uprights and landed in the net behind the goal.

The response was almost like winning the Galactic Cup. Ant’ope, the backup midfielder who was in while D’ana Themyscira was taking a breather on the bench, nearly tackled Syndulla. However, the Twi’lek was now unstable on his feet, so he went down to the ground when equally tackled by Eddie Munster, the half back. The Senator sidelines had erupted in cheers as the team finally got on the board.

As it turned out, that was the only scoring that happened all game. The Senator defense suffocated the Mets offense and shut them out, handing Michonne her fourth goal-less game of the season and second in a row. She had not allowed a goal in 120 minutes of game action, a huge feat for a player on a prove-it one-year contract.

The Senators were 4-3 now, but still a game down in the playoff hunt with four games left. The Mercs were up next at home, which would not be an easy game. The Senators had been atrocious against rivals in recent seasons, so it was necessary to turn that bad luck around if they wanted to make the postseason.

Closing Time

The bell on the door tinkled its familiar tone. Tex looked up from his last task of the night to see two black-clad figures enter his diner. His brow furrowed; the diner had been closed for an hour now, and he was ready to go home.

“Fellas, you’re too late. We’re closed. Come back tomorrow.”

One of the figures said a few words in a strange dialect, seemingly unfazed by what the Besalisk had said. The other one pulled a knife from their pocket.

“Hey now, you’re not robbing this place,” Tex said. “I ought to warn you that I was once a martial arts champion in my younger days. I’m not gonna let two young punks try to rob me.” He looked to the service droid that was cleaning up the floors. “Stay out of this,” he instructed the droid.

The two figures advanced slowly on Tex, who barricaded himself behind the counter. He grabbed a pan to arm himself, ready to fight the attackers off.

Gark S’rily sat on the team shuttle going over the initial scouting report for the Mercs. The ride back from Stewjon was long enough that he could get some sleep and studying in. He would sleep eventually, but he didn’t feel very tired yet. Going over game notes would likely cause him to fall asleep . . .

“Going to get some Z’s, Coach?” Freya Stormhelm asked as she sat in a nearby lounge chair. Most of the players had gone to their bunks, but a few stayed up. Themyscira usually stayed up late to practice her martial skills, regardless of how bruised she was from a game. She was a warrior from a warrior culture, and it seemed to bring her some sense of peace to practice her fighting skills alone, even if it was just shadow boxing. Eddie Munster and a few of the other players were probably playing video games to pass the time, and Syndulla was likely lifting a few weights. He was a freak of nature to be able to lift weights after playing a full game.

“Nah, I need to read these game notes first,” the Bothan said. “Have to find holes to exploit when we play the Mercs next week. Can’t win every game like we did this one today.”

His communicator rang, and he got the unit out to listen to the call.

The result was one of the few times when, if you looked closely enough, you could see a tear fall down the cheek of the usually-reserved Bothan.

TAG: No One

6. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"After weeks of volatility things starting to settle down as teams rise or fall to where they belong."

"Go Bucks!"

"For the second straight week the top five all win their games, though number six Norand University did take a close loss..."

"That's still a playoff team, book it."

"KMI continues their late season collapse as injuries are now mounting for a young Warriors team that the media was pretty high on at the start of the season."

"Thought that run in the playoff last season would really help them..."

"Me too. Losing Themyscira to the draft really put them behind the eight ball though."

"Of course all eyes this week will be on the S16 as GVSU heads to Ord Sabaok to take on the StarBucks in The game, one that may have playoff implications for an upstart Bucks team with dreams of postseason play."

"This is going to be great!"

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

TAG: no one/everyone

HSN Top 25 after Week Seven

1. Taanab A&M University
    2. Vertical City University, Nar Shaddaa
    3. Bakura Fleet Academy
    4. University of Zeltros
    5. Grand Vulptur System University
    6. University of Csilla
    7. Druckenwell Technical University
    8. University of Kashyyyk
    9. Norand University, Carratos
    10. The Ord Sabaok University
    11. Chandrila A&M University
    12. Tiarest University
    13. Zehava College, Melida/Daan
    14. Balmorra State University
    15. Garqi State University
    16. Wookiee Forrest Institute
    17. University of Onderon Rupings
    18. Ryloth Ag and Tech University
    19. University of Tatooine, Anchorhead
    20. University of Wroona
    21. University of Thyferra
    22. Keldabe Military Institute (Mandalore)
    23. University of Evenvale
    24. University of Agamar
    25. Venderwell University, Bespin

Runjedirun, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  7. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Stephana Adiims
    Bakura Gardens, Bakura

Stephana knew what was coming.

Boom.

She got absolutely rocked. She had set her feet as the Mariner rushed up the field. It was their big bruiser, the captain, Rowan Olan the Karkarodon with his rows of flashing teeth, bolo-ball tucked under one arm. She had seen him coming and she knew there was only one way to the net: through her.

So she had dug in and waited for kilos and kilos of taut muscle, of athletic machine to smash into her. And it had. She found herself on her back in the mud. It had rained before the game, during the game, and probably would keep raining after the game. No wonder Dac was doing so well today. They probably felt right at home in this weather.

Though a 10 point lead in most other games would have been a respectable margin to lose by, this wasn’t most games. It was the league’s worst team taking the league’s best team and making them look foolish. There was zero reason the Miners should have put up one goal and some points over the bar.

The worst part was that Don Draper had known that it was a losing cause. His starters were mostly on the bench now. The game was beyond reach. It wasn’t worth Jolla Pic slipping and messing up a knee or a shoulder. The fans had seen their favorite players clomp off the field, wet, ragged, and downtrodden and had watched beings like Stephana go in their place.

Stephana was here to take a beating. She was not here to lead a glorious comeback. She was playing because she was expendable. She could blow out her knee again and everyone would breathe a sigh of relief. “At least it wasn’t Horst,” they’d say.

This was what her career had come to.

As Stephana got to her feet, her uniform nearly as brown as her skin, she wiped the muck and blades of grass off her necklace and remembered.

“What are you sitting over there stewing for?” her grandmother asked, not looking at Stephana. She was keeping her eyes on the road as she drove her speeder through the Ralltiirian streets.

“I hate playing defense,” a young Stephana groused. “Forwards get to score. Everybody congratulates them when they get a point. Nobody ever makes a big deal when I tackle someone. If you can even call it tackling.” In her flag limmie games, all she got to do was pull a belt off another kid. It was the worst of all possible universes.

“So you want to play forward?” her grandmother asked.

“Yeah,” Stephana said.

“Even though you couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn with a bolo-ball?” she continued.

Stephana crossed her arms and turned towards the window. “Everybody else’s parents tell them they can do anything they want to,” she mumbled. “I guess grandmothers tell you you can’t do anything you want to do.”

The speeder suddenly swerved to the right and slammed to a halt, throwing Stephana against her harness before she crashed back into her seat. She looked around wildly for the speeder that her grandmother must have been trying not to hit...but saw an empty street. They were now parked by the curb, her grandmother turning the engine off.

“Get out,” her grandmother said, unclipping her harness. She didn’t say it with malice, but it was clearly an order. Stephana knew better than to protest.

Her grandmother led her to some stranger’s lawn. They were in the middle of some cookie cutter suburb home to the field where her team had played this morning. Stephana felt uncomfortable standing in the middle of somebody else’s property, in full view of everyone else.

Her grandmother knelt down. “The galaxy is not fair,” her grandmother said, looking straight into Stephana’s eyes now that they were on the same level. “I’m sorry, Stephana. That’s the way that it is. Those other kids’ parents? They want the galaxy to be fair. They want their kids to do anything because that’s how they want things to work.

“But you and I can’t afford those illusions. The truth is that we can’t do everything. And the truth is that defense is hard. It asks more of you. The best players in the galaxy are defenders. Nobody wants to admit it. When you do your job, nobody notices. And when you don’t, everyone does. It is a thankless job. You and I...we’ve come through too much for me to lie to you. I’d be doing you no favors.

“You could be a forward, sure. But you’ve got something special inside you.” She put a hand on Stephana’s chest. “You’ve got talent, baby. Real talent. You play the game smart. You’re tough, you’ve got strength. I’ve seen it in you on the field. I know you can’t see it now, but you are so strong, baby. So, so strong. And you’ll need that. We have to face the truth every day, every moment. And the truth is that to be great, you’re going to have to fight.

“So, do you want to play forward and maybe play high school limmie, or do you want to play defense and have the chance to be the best you can be?” her grandmother asked.

Stephana didn’t know what to say.

“Think carefully, baby,” her grandmother said. “There are things in this life that once you turn away from them you can never get back. This is one of those moments.”

Stephana didn’t know how long she stood on that strangers’ lawn with her grandmother. All she knew was what she answered in the end.

Adiims watched as the Mariners intercepted bolo-ball. As she got set for another attack, understanding dawned inside her chest. She knew why she was playing right now. It wasn’t just to protect starters from getting injured. It was because Jon Draper understood what nobody else did: that Stephana could take it.

She could stand in the rain and play a game she couldn’t win. She could take the hits in her gut, be thrown onto her back, be face first in the mud, and get back up and keep going. She could accept the sins and failures of the entire team and carry the hurt and the pain so they didn’t have to. She could let Jolla Pic, Niskat Deenever, Eponette Ternardiel, and the rest sit on the sidelines, warm in their waterproof jackets and pants, with their egos unscathed. The starters would be destroyed by a game like this if they had to play it. They would question everything about themselves, their careers, their abilities if they had to stop players on a roll like this. It would get under their skin. They wouldn’t be able to be ready for the next game against Carratos.

But Stephana could take the hits and get back up. She could save the rest of the Miners. This was her strength.

And as Olan charged towards her again, fearsome, diabolical, she reached up to her necklace.

Grandmother, give me the skin of a kryat dragon, she prayed. Let me take more punishment so my teammates, my friends don’t have to. Give me this gift.

Though Stephana’s feet pounded the ground as she rushed forward to meet Olan, in reality she was on her knees, praying in the church of pain.

TAG: None

Runjedirun, Jedi Gunny and jcgoble3 like this.
  8. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Mar'git 'Cutty' Evers-Sark
    The Snake Pit, O'Pahz, Carratos

"…And then I come flyn' in from the sideline." Serica continued telling Mical the thrilling story of how she scored her second goal in the game against the Smugglers. Cutty was next to her head resting on the bar top. Serica was going play by play for the whole game. Right now she was just past the five minute mark of the first half. In those five minutes Cutty rushed down the field making a hard shot on goal that rebounded out to Serica and she put it into the back of the net. Once again cleaning up after the veteran.

"The ball was right there and I just kicked it in. Giving us a 6-0 lead just five minutes into the first half. Then the Smugglers came roaring back. I got a tackle on one of them…I don't quite remember their name…" Serica continued to talk, continued to regale the bartender with the tale of the game between the two Skywalker rivals. Cutty was just sinking deeper and deeper into her chair. Her water remained untouched, and she was getting dangerously close to ordering a Drydock or, force forbid, a glass of Nym's Finest. This used to be her space, her place to get away from the others.

Now though it was just another place for Serica to hound her with the rookie's singular energy. That was when the younger woman wrapped her arm around Cutty's shoulders.

"…That was when Cutty here snatched up the fumble and buried into the back of the net." The white haired forward tried to pull away from the half hug but, Serica was latched on and not letting go. "Force you were so amazing that game. Five goals three assists, you were a madwoman running up and down the field." Serica squeezed tighter around her shoulders. "A few more games like that and we'll be in the playoffs."

Yes the playoffs were only four weeks away now, so close yet so far away. They could still lose their place, still not make it into the 'promised land' as it was sometimes called but, Cutty, and Serica were going to do everything in their power to get the Pirates there.

"We started out a little rough and stumbled a little along the way but, I think we have a good chance…" Serica spoke, after taking a drink from her glass of water. "Of making it to the GC Final." That was another thing the Pirates held out hope for, making it back to the final of finals. It was a place that had been denied to them since 283, and they fought hard every year to make it back. Last year they got to the Skywalker final were they fell against the Smugglers, as they had once before in 281, and it was a loss to the Smugglers in 286 that kept them from the playoffs.

Cutty could remember the anger she felt at the loss, and the pain most of the team felt at what happened to Herron, the former assistant coach killed by the White Star, but, they only got the news after the game was over and done with. It was hard on a lot of them unfortunately. Cutty was more worried for her safety than the loss but, it say it didn't affect her would be a lie. Serica on the other hand wasn't there, she was just finishing secondary school.

The veteran let out a breath, the incident with Herron was the past, it was time to leave it there. Though it was easier said than done when it came to a certain person…Eamon. She found her gaze falling on his picture still showing proudly behind the bar.
    "…Cutty who's that?" Serica asked snapping Cutty out of her thoughts. "The picture do you know?"

The white haired forward looked to the younger woman shaking her head. Of course she knew who that was, they meant a lot to her, saved her life. If she said anything about that to Serica, that would lead to more questions, and more talking from her. That was something Cutty was not in the mood to delve that deep into her greatest trauma.

"A guy that used to come here a lot." She said taking a deep pull of the water put in front of her. "Mical, a Drydock." She called out to the bartender ordering her favored beer.

"Ohhhh…" Serica commented. "They have Drydock here?"

"Yeah," the cathar said pulling up a chilled bottle, "I keep it around for this one." She set it down in front of Cutty. "You like it too?"

"Yeah, it was the first drink I ever had…" Cutty let out a little breath, thankful that the conversation had changed, "I was traveling with my dad on my eighteenth birthday, going to a Limmie tournament. That night in the hotel room he pulled out two bottles of Drydock and handed me one." Her eyes light up looking at the bartender. "Could I get one, please?" she begged.

"Sorry kid, don't want the seccers coming down on us for underage drinking."

"Come on, one bottle won't be too bad, no one will know…" she looked around, "I don't think anyone is going to tell on you."

"We've got enough problems with the law, I don't think we want to put more on top of it. It'll be the one time I let you drink that the OSF will decide to raid the place. Then you're in big trouble and you're name is in the press for things off the field, and that’s just not a good look for anyone right?"

"Really, this place is a front…"

Mical gave a confused look over to Cutty who just shrugged her shoulders. It was sort of an unspoken rule that every bar had another thing going, either gambling, spice, or other things, and that these were governed by the gangs that operated out of them.

Serica coming from Glasgone, was not unfamiliar with this concept, but was now intrigued, and continued to press Mical for more information.

Cutty gave another wistful gaze over to the picture of Eamon…

'At least she's not asking about him.' She thought, 'I really couldn't take going down that road again.'

TAG: @Vehn

Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Hi-de-ho there limmie fans! Bonus potential for Bakura, Carratos, Coruscant, Mando'ade, and Ralltiir.

288 Week 8 Results
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Stewjon Metropolitans (7-18)
    Carratos Pirates at Bakura Miners (20-39)
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Euceron Officers (28-5)
    Denon Demons at Dac Mariners (15-25)
    Rydonni Prime Monarchs at Onderon Beast Riders (29-27)
    Mando’ade Mercs at Coruscant Senators (21-32)

Vehn likes this.
  10. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for Atzerri (28), Tatooine (30), Thyferra (28) and Concordia (28)

LFL Week Seven Results
    Thyferra Force concordia Crusaders (16-21)
    Druckenwell Marksmen @ Honoghr Honor (8-23)
    Tatooine Sandskimmers @ Atzerri Bandits (22-21)

Tags: Jedi Gunny Bardan_Jusik Vehn galactic-vagabond422

11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    OOC: Really? I'm the first to post this week?

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a sunny and warm Taungsday afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

"Tough game man, tough game."

"Yeah Mercs came into this one with a three game winning streak on the line, but you know what they say Justin."

"What's that?"

"Streaks are meant to be broken, and the Sens break the Mercs winning streak on the strength of a 32-21 takedown at Coruscant."

"Yeah, this one didn't one didn't look good from early on as Bas Wren came out firing against her homeworld club and really, she just never let up."

"No, there seemed to be nothing the Mercs could do to stop her, and young 'keeper Jacen hunter had his worst game so far as a professional."

"Yeah he looked a little lost out there, I mean the defense didn't do too much to help him..."

"No they didn't"

"...but Wren and the other Sens forwards were playing him like a bes'bev out there."

"Any word on when Stargazer might return?"

"Word from the Mercs front office is that her injury isn;t responding to treatment as well as they had hoped, going to be at least another two weeks before she can get back out on the field."

"Two weeks, that means she might, might be ready for the season finale at Nal Hutta's moon?"

"That's correct, and then hopefully for the playoffs of course if the Mercs qualify."

"But it might still be Hunter?"

"Depends on her status, but yes, there is a possibility that Hunter is the goalkeeper the rest of the way."

"Ugh, not really relishing the idea of going to the playoffs with a rookie 'keeper."

"Not ideal, but hey, they have to even make it to the playoffs first."

"Even after the loss to Coruscant the Mercs are still in first place in the conference on tiebreakers."

"More concerned with the teams fighting for that last playoff spot."

"Well, things are looking good there."

"Talk to me K-man."

"Well the Officers are currently sitting third with a 3-5 record, they can certainly overtake the Mercs as can of course second place Carrtos..."

"I hate those guys."

"...but in fourth is the Dac Mariners also at 3 and five..."

"Is that correct?"

"That's what the league has out there...

"OK"

"...and then the Strugglers at 2-6 and the Beast Riders at 1 and 7."

"And the Mercs have the tie break against them all right?"

"Well they haven't played the Smugglers yet, that's the season finale remember?"

"Right."

"But the Strugglers would have to win out to even be in the playoff conversation..."

"Never count out Nal Hutta's moon."

"Realistically that..."

"Never."

"In any case, it is going to take some pretty spectacular play over the last three games of the season for any of the bottom three to take a playoff spot away from the Mercs."

"So what you're saying is we're in."

"Not technically no, but we're pretty close."

"Close only counts in eopie shoes, concussion grenades and thermal dets."

"Well I think Mercs fans have two out of those three covered."

TAG: Jedi Gunny

12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Bakura Gardens, Salis D’aar, Bakura

If there was one team that had the Miners’ number, it was the Carratos Pirates. The Miners were 2-9 against the Pirates and that included a Galactic Cup Final loss. Why the Carratosians with their go-local draft emphasis were always so good against the Miners was anyone’s guess.

That wasn’t true. Stephana had a guess: Cutty Evers-Sark. The full forward was a monster and having an MVP-caliber season. She almost was the Pirate offense. Thankfully, Evers-Sark wasn’t going to be Stephana’s problem. Horst Penn would be tasked with the star forward today. Of course, that might not be a good thing for the Miners since Penn routinely got embarrassed by Evers-Sark. Even so, there was no way that Draper was going to pull Penn in a competitive game.

At least not by choice.

Stephana jumped off the bench in unison with the entire bench after Horst, who had tripped and flailed, attempted to get back to his feet, only to go back to the ground. A timeout was called and the medical staff hurried straight out. Pretty soon, two trainers were supporting Horst as they came off the field. Draper had walked over to the sidelines to get the word from his team doctor.

“Han, what do we have?” the head coach demanded.

“Pull. Bad one. We’ll try to work it out in the locker room, but I can’t guarantee he’s coming back today,” Dr. Han Tunross reported. “You’d better be prepared to have someone finish the game.”

Draper turned around. In the second before he opened his mouth, two competing thoughts crowded Adiims’ mind: Pick me. Don’t pick me. There would be no more important assignment today than covering Evers-Sark and there would be no greater pressure.

“Adiims!” Draper barked. “Full back!”

Stephana’s legs were in motion before she knew what she was doing. Okay. You got this. You got this, Stephana told herself, even though her heart was already beating so hard it threatened to burst out of her chest. You can handle her. You can do this.

Sometimes you had to lie to yourself to get through a game.

Stephana saw her opening. Evers-Sark had the bolo-ball and was rushing up the field. Adiims could blindside the full forward and blow her into the middle of next week.

Grandmother, give me the--

Boom!

Stephana was the one who went flying, not Evers-Sark, who flashed by. The defender came down on her side and got to her feet, trying to figure out what had just happened. She put it together based on the proximity of a Pirates forward to her. Someone had just set a pick when Stephana wasn’t looking. It was a pretty nifty move, Stephana had to admit. But now she saw what the Pirates were doing.

Next time, you’re mine, Stephana promised herself as she watched the bolo-ball go into the back of the next and Evers-Sark goal count creep up.

The Miner offense was having a holo-perfect day. They were barrelling through the Pirates D like they hadn’t done since the Galactic Cup Final. It was a loose game and Stephana could see that the forwards were enjoying themselves with the way they high fived and celebrated after every score. The memory of Dac was long forgotten. She’d done her job to take that hit last week for them and she was proud of what she was part of this week.

The Miners D used the lead to keep their heads and stay cool and collected. They had to--the Pirates forwards were still coming at them, foremost among them Evers-Sark. Stephana wasn’t sure if she’d ever played against anyone as talented as her in her entire career. Even giving everything she could, Adiims was still a quarter of a step behind Cutty. It was thanks to her teammates, especially the goalkeeper Blake, that Evers-Sark hadn’t totally embarrassed her today.

Even though the game’s outcome was rapidly solidifying in favor of a Miner victory, Stephana wasn’t going to be happy if she didn’t get one good tackle in on Evers-Sark, one play to remind the talented forward she was still a sentient being like the rest of them.

Evers-Sark had the ball again. Stephana made for the full forward, but this time didn’t make a straight drive. After a few strides she pulled up by a half step. Sure enough, coming into her peripheral vision was a speeding Pirates forward who would have collided with Addims had she not delayed herself by that little bit. Stephana restarted herself with a burst of speed, her path clear.

Grandmother, let me hit like a rancor, Stephana beseeched.

Stephana lowered her shoulder and put it right into Evers-Sark’s middle as she wrapped her arms around the forward’s torso and brought the pair into the turf. The bolo-ball skipped away thanks to the impact. The play turned the other way and Stephana got to her feet. She extended a hand to help her opponent up, and Cutty accepted it. With silent respect, they both got back into the game.

Maybe Evers-Sark would win the Salbukk. If she did, Stephana would know she got in one good hit on her. That was something.

Horst Penn didn’t return to the game, but he did come back to the sidelines. After all, he had a mission.

“I’ve got a jar of dirt!” he yelled as, for the first time in the trophy’s history, the Miners took home that rivalry trophy. “And guess what’s inside it? Dirt! Because it’s a jar of dirt!” You would have thought it was the Galactic Cup the way he hoisted it above his head.

Stephana just laughed. On a day like this, it was easy to laugh.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422

Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"Last week of the regular season in college limmie and was it ever a doozie!"

"Shab right it was!"

"The big news of course was the StarBucks dismantling of the GVSU Pilots 29-9."

"Shab yeah!"

"The 20 point win likely to vault the StarBucks into the top five, this for a team that started the season outside the HSN top 25."

"It's our year man, it's our year!"

"The win gives the StarBucks the Crendan division crown in the S16 and they'll take on the winners of the Kayl'hen division Chandrila A&M University."

"That game may determine who gets into the playoff."

"I think either way it goes both are likely playoff teams, but it will certainly affect seeding."

"Meanwhile the Big 20 will see Rimward champ University of Wroona taking on the Coreward champs, University of Zeltros."

"A win there by Wroona would put them into the playoff I think..."

"And cause chaos in the rankings."

"I know who I'm rooting for then."

"So do I. Go Bucks!"

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

HSN Top 25 after Week Eight

1. Taanab A&M University
    3. Bakura Fleet Academy
    4. University of Zeltros
    5. The Ord Sabaok University
    6. University of Csilla
    10. Chandrila A&M University
    11. Grand Vulptur System University
    12. Ryloth Ag and Tech University
    13. Tiarest University
    14. Zehava College, Melida/Daan
    15. University of Onderon Rupings
    16. Balmorra State University
    17. University of Wroona
    18. Garqi State University
    19. Wookiee Forrest Institute
    20. Keldabe Military Institute (Mandalore)
    21. University of Tatooine, Anchorhead
    22. Venderwell University, Bespin
    24. University of Thyferra
    25. Sanctuary Moon University, Endor

14. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    A light suddenly appeared out of the darkness of the unconscious state. “Yeeeeeeungh . . . .”

“Coming around!” said a voice in the midst of the blinding light. There was no inflection or anything other than words, but it was not understood. The only comprehension was of a sound that had not previously been there. That was odd . . . where was that sound coming from? What did it all mean? Why was this light here?

“Uuuuuuunhh. . . .”

The light began to expand throughout the cavity of darkness, generally filling out the view and slowly banishing the darkness to the edges. Now other things were visible, though just blurs. As the view sharpened, shapes could be made out, basic shapes.

“Tex, can you hear me?”

“Unh . . . . “ the groggy Besalisk groaned as his eyes, scrambled in a random, contorted manner as he slowly regained consciousness, finally flicked open. The shapes were filling in now to create familiar tones.

“Tex?” came the voice again.

“Wh . . . whaaa . . . what . . . h . . . haa . . . ppp . . . enned?” Tex finally got out. He felt very weak, and the words were almost like drool as they came out slowly and without any snap or grace from the jowls of the mouth.

“You’re in the hospital,” came the voice.

Now Tex snapped to and blinked several times to clear his vision. Everything was clear now. He was definitely in a hospital pod, surrounded by almost twenty onlookers. They were all staring at him as he surveyed the scene.

“What?” he asked.

“You’re alive,” came the same voice he had been hearing.

“What happened? Why am I here?”

“You were stabbed in the chest multiple times,” said a nurse in the room. “The blade very narrowly missed your vital arteries. You are lucky to be alive.”

“Did those punks rob my store?” Tex asked. He could vaguely remember the strangers who had attacked him.

“Nothing appeared stolen,” was the answer. “Just some damage to the diner and blood on the floor from the wounds.”

“How . . . how did I get here?”

“One of your staff was in the back room, and found you on the floor unconscious and bleeding. She called for emergency services,” the nurse said. “After that, you were rushed to the emergency room and operated on. You were unconscious the entire time.”

“That would explain the headache,” Tex said as he contorted his face.

“Just try to relax,” the nurse continued.

“What about the diner? What about the game?” Tex asked. The next game was only a day away, a home tilt against the Mercs.

“It will have to be closed until further notice,” came another voice.

“No, I can’t close the diner for game day. It has to be open. I have to get started on the nerf steaks . . .”

“No you don’t. Don’t be a fool.” That one was distinctive.

“Guess this isn’t the finest situation you’ve seen me in,” Tex said. “After all those days at the counter . . . how’d you even hear about me?”

“Look, when the owner of the diner we frequent is stabbed and sent to the hospital, word is sent out quickly,” Gark S’rily said. “Even on the road, the message is sent as an instinctive reflex.”

“You won last week. Going to win this week?”

“We’ll try to. Never easy against the Mercs. They never hand us anything for free.”

Tex coughed several times, and his headache persisted. “What about the diner? I can’t have it closed on gameday.”

“Sorry, Tex. Without you, there’s no one to run the grill. Besides, you know your menu more than anyone else. Even if we knew how to make the dishes, we wouldn’t have the slightest idea how to give them that last little kick, you know?”

“That’s just a master chef’s knack.”

“You’re a master chef now?”

“Maybe in a previous life,” Tex said, groaning.

“The diner has to be closed,” Gark continued. “Until you’re back on your feet, there’s no point keeping it open.”

“How long is the recovery time?” Tex asked the nurse.

“Could be a few months.”

“Great,” Tex said, a huge hint of disappointment in his voice.

“Take it easy. That will help you heal faster.”

“Isn’t there anything you can do? I don’t want to let my customers down,” Tex said.

“Short of my entire family running the diner, not really, no,” Gark said. “I have to coach in the game, remember? I can’t be on the grill. Besides, my wife gives me enough flak for not knowing how to cook properly as it is.”

“You can make sandwiches all right, but once you try to do steaks, forget about it,” was the answer that Gark got to back up his statement.

“See? That’s the level of confidence that I get at home,” the Bothan said.

“Without the diner open, there’s not a lot to do. What am I supposed to do during the game?”

“Watch?”

“I suppose so.”

“Look. Take it easy, and I’ll do my best to win the game this week. Big game.”

“Make the playoffs for me.”

“Won’t be easy, but I’ll do my best.”

So Tex watched the game in the hospital. The Senators offense, especially Bas Wren, shredded the Mercs defense and rookie goalie Jacen Hunter. It was nice to see after several weeks of low scoring outputs by the offensive unit, and pushed the Senators to 5-3 on the year. Now they had Rydonni Prime coming up to finish off the conference slate, which was a must-win game for the team.

15. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012

“Welcome to the final game of our 3 game road trip. Today your Ralltiir Starkillers are on Mandalore ready to take on the Mercs,” Eriin says as the holo lights come to life in the studio.

“What Eriin means to say,” a young female voice says as the holo spans out to reveal Zoey in my regular seat next to Eriin. “Is that the Starkillers are ready to win their final game of this road trip by ripping the Mercs to shreds.”

“I expect the Mercs to put up a fight,” Eriin starts.

“This is a must win game for the Starkillers,” Zoey emphasizes. “The Mets, Miners and Senators are all keeping things interesting in the Solo Conference.”

“You know what I don’t need this late in Limmie season?” Eriin asks.

“Decaf?” Zoey asks smartly.

“Definitely need full strength caf,” Eriin agrees. “The other thing I don’t want when my team is 6-2 on the season is for other teams to hang around and make it interesting,” Eriin says sourly.

“Perhaps if you give Lokensgaard a buzz he can move the Starkillers to the Skywaker Conference,” Zoey suggests. “They’d have a sure spot in the play-offs in that division.”

“If only the Galaxy worked so simply,” Eriin replies dreamily.

“Yeesh,” Zoey rolls her eyes in the way only a fourteen year old girl can. “I can see why my step father comes home so frazzled on Sundays.” Before Eriin can defend herself Zoey explains her reasoning. “The Starkillers are in control of their own destiny. Beat the Mercs today. Take down Stewjohn at home next week and show up on Dac for the final game of the season. Our bench could beat Dac,” Zoey finishes with a shrug.

“Wow, you have so much to learn,” Eriin says.

“You should learn to be more optimistic,” Zoey quips.

Eriin looks my way for help. I’m relaxing to the left of the set, enjoying myself. I shake my head to let Eriin know she can handle this. “Why don’t we start off by introducing my guest co-host. This ladies and gentlebeings is Zoey Vigo. As you all know her step father,” Eriin says carefully. Once she receives an approving nod from Zoey she continues, “Is my regular co-host Andres Fortune. Zoey is here to participate in Ralltiir’s annual bring your child to work day.”

“I’m here to talk Starkillers Limmie,” Zoey corrects. “I think the Starkillers have an excellent chance to win today on Mandalore. One reason, your sister Yolanda. She had two goals last week, but more importantly three assists. Her leadership has been a big part of the Starkiller’s success this season. Another reason,” Zoey continues seamlessly, "Is Noah Till. Defense often goes unrecognized, Noah continues to fill the stat sheets with blocks, tackles and steals.
    My third and final point is Davy Lawco. His midfield play has really shined this season. He is the stand-out favorite to compliment my Uncle Tomas on this team next season.”

“All good points,” Eriin concedes. “For the record I am picking the Starkillers for the win today. Just don’t be surprised to see an all-out battle this afternoon. The Mercs have a lot to play for too. The Pirates are on their tales and the Mercs are fighting to keep home field advantage in the play-offs.”

“The game will be starting soon,” Zoey tells her viewers. “Before we go to the field I want to give a quick shout out to my Uncle Spencer’s team on Tatooine. The Sandskimmers pulled out a win against Atzerri last week to stay undefeated.”

“That was a crazy game,” Eriin chimes in. “The Sandskimmers defense made a final stand for the win. Intense.”

“The situation is very intense. The Sandskimmers have never won a championship. Lots of pressure on Uncle Spencer,” Zoey tells her audience.

“There could be many intense moments to come this afternoon,” Eriin reminds us all. “After this break we go to Mandalore where the Ralltiir Starkillers are looking for win 7 of the ’88 season.”

Tag: Bardan_Jusik

16. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009

The pair of forwards make their way into the 'Snake Pit' Serica once again forgetting that there was a step down. Thankfully she had her arm, unwantedly, wrapped around Cutty's shoulders. The veteran stumbled as well but, kept standing, bracing her partner. The rookie giggled a little at her forgetfulness yet Cutty seemed less amused. The patrons of the establishment were still quiet staring into their drinks. It was after the work day for most as it always was when the pair visited. There was light conversation a few toughs with spined snakes on their necks look up. Their eyes narrow, then they whisper to each other.

The Limmie players take their seats at the bar, Cutty ordering a Drydock, her face still clouded with gloom. Mical knew right away that the Pirates had lost, and mightily for Cutty to be this morose. The white haired woman took a long pull from the dark amber bottle curling her lip into a sneer as the bitter liquid hit her tongue. Her eyes remained locked straight ahead staring daggers into the back wall laden with liquor. Her face was inscrutable, was she thinking about the game, was she thinking about Serica who was still next to her ordering a fizzy drink.

"Do ya' have Dua-Bru here?" She asked looking around for the distinctive orange label of locally made and bottled fizzy drink of Glassgone. Cutty rolled her eyes, they were over a thousand miles away from that place. She had to ask a special favor just to get Drydock over here, there was no chance that the niche orange fizzy drink would be here in a random bar in O'Pahz.

"What?" Mical replied, as expected, no one outside of the forwards' home would have heard of it.

"Ya' know Dua-Bru." Serica continued still expecting the bartender to know what she was talking about. Cutty just shook her head.

"No I don't know." The cathar replied wisps of smoke curling from her nostrils.

"Oh…I guess you don't have that here."

Mical just shook her head.

"Ya' haven't noticed a distinct lack of the stuff while you've been here?" Cutty asked somewhat disbelieving.

"Well," the younger woman started somewhat sheepishly, "My mum has been sending me packs of it since I came here, so I've never had to go shopping for it."

"Wait, ya' have a stash of Dua-Bru, and ya' didn't tell me?"

"Well, I didn't think it was important, didn't realize that they didn't sell it here."

Once again the rookie's naïveté took Cutty by surprise. Her words left her leaving her just looking blankly into Serica's face.

"I mean, if you want some I can share, maybe ask my mum to send some for ya'."

Cutty lowered her head in thought. It had been years since she had a taste of the local favorite. And as much as she didn't want to admit it, she missed it. Much like her home the strange drink that everyone there was in love with, a small part of her longed for it. However, accepting this offer might involve visiting Serica's home, in the capitol, and in Glasgone.

Though would it be that bad, they already spend most of their days together would even more time be that much worse?

She continued to weigh her options getting a taste of home, but, willingly spending more time with someone she already spent too much time with in her opinion.

"So…I gather the game didn't go great." Mical spoke breaking the silence that had settled in, thankfully turning the conversation to something else.

"Yeah, it was a disaster." Cutty replied instantly.

"Well it wasn't that bad." Serica countered, "we still scored twenty points."

"Yeah, and we got beat by nearly twenty points. The defense was a joke, couldn't stop anything, they haven't stopped anything all year."

"They're doing their best, we're up against a lot of strong teams. We still win."

"Because we," she gestured between the two forwards, "carry the team, I lead the team in goals scored and we're second in the league in point totals, while tenth in points against. It's clear I'm the only one doing my job."

"You're not alone out there. I'm right next to ya'. I scored two goals myself."

"Well, I mean…" Cutty looked down, "You know what I mean, it's only the offense actually doing anything. If our defense was better we'd be leading the Skywalker, no the league, with how many goals we're scoring every game."

"Well, the Miners are still ahead of us in goals."

"Not by much, again if the defense did a better job we would be ahead of them."

"Well we can't change the past, only the future. We're just going to have to be better, enough to overcome our defenses' shortcomings."

"Yeah, put more work on us."

A quiet once again took over the conversation, Cutty getting deeper into her bottle. The sound of light conversation between other patrons continued somewhat keeping the space from being absolutely silent. Mical looked up to see the two men with spined snakes on their necks make their way towards the bar. She didn't busy herself with cleaning a glass, or anything else she just crossed her arms and waited. The two Limmie players kept they silence Cutty just looking into the durasteel bar top. She was thinking about how she could play better than she had been, how to be better than the best.

She was pulled out of her thoughts by the door opening and a bothan walking in.

All at once the other beings stopped talking to look at the newcomer. The two tattooed men halted their movement to the bar changing their direction to intercept the furred man that stood at the entrance eyes scanning the room.

One could hear a pin drop. This was a place for many beings but, not bothans. Cutty knew why, there was bad blood between the bothan gang and Lok Vanguards. She was at the center of the last conflict between them. Ever since no bothan had set foot in this place…well not that she'd seen.

Said bothan had read the room correctly and realized, he was not welcome here. Rather than being defiant and taking a seat, he chose digression and stepped back outside.

"What just happened?" Serica whispered to her partner.

"It's a long story, basically, bothans aren't welcomed here."

"Why?"

"I said it was a long story." She gave another long look at the picture of Eamon on the back wall. It was a long story, and one that involved him. She wasn't ready to talk about him yet. She returned to her drink waiting for the conversation to change which it did eventually.

"You ok after that hit?" Serica asked.

Cutty knew what she was asking about, that thunderous hit by the backup fullback Adiims.

"Yeah, but, hit like a gundark." The forward rubbed her chest recalling the moment of impact, the ball coming loose.

That was one way to get better.

Get hit less.

TAG: Trieste

Runjedirun, jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus potential for Bakura, Carratos, Coruscant, Mando'ade, and Ralltiir today. :)

288 Week 9 Results
    Stewjon Metropolitans at Bakura Miners (8-38)
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Mando’ade Mercs (17-37)
    Denon Demons at Carratos Pirates (21-26)
    Euceron Officers at Onderon Beast Riders (27-16)
    Rydonni Prime Monarchs at Coruscant Senators (27-27, OT 32-27)
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Dac Mariners (5-4)

HSN Headlines
    • HSN projects Bakura Miners, Carratos Pirates, and Mando'ade Mercs have secured a playoff spot
    • HSN also projects Denon Demons and Onderon Beast Riders have been eliminated from the playoffs

jcgoble3 and Vehn like this.
  18. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

LFL Week Eight Results
    Atzerri Bandits @ Thyferra Force (24-17)
    Tatooine Sandskimmers @ Druckenwell Marksmen (15-3)
    Concordia Crusaders @ Honoghr Honor (28-15)

Tags: galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Gunny Vehn Bardan_Jusik

19. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012

“That sucked,” Zoey complained thrusting her head back into the headrest of the passenger seat in my speeder.

“You handled it really well,” I assured her. “I’m really proud of you.”

“What did you do after a big loss like that? To make you feel better I mean,” Zoey asks.

“Most often, I’d have an ale,” I answer honestly.

“That’s stupid. When adults lose they drink. When they win, they drink.”

“That’s a profound observation,” I say at a loss for words.

“Well it’s true. Did drinking make you feel better?”

“It would numb the pain,” I admitted.

“But you gave that up now,” she reminds me. I’m supposed to stay away from any potentially addictive substances for life. “What will you do this afternoon? When we get home,” she wants to know.

“Let’s take a detour,” I suggest. “Go have an early dinner together, you and me.”

“Alyada will not like that,” she reminds me.

“She’ll understand,” I hope.

I pull off the road to a café close to the stadium, since the game was off planet it’s relatively quiet this afternoon.

“At least the Sandskimmers are going to win today,” Zoey says. She’s scanning her data pad.

“Do you know what you want to order?” I ask. I’m starved and when the waiter or waitress comes by I want to order.

Zoey nods absentmindedly. “At least the loss didn’t hurt the Starkillers place in the standings,” she says with relief in her voice.

“See you didn’t have any alcohol and already you’re feeling better,” I tell her.

“I wouldn’t feel better if I was Uncle Ty,” Zoey says.

“At least he didn’t throw anything on the sidelines today,” I say.

“He wanted to,” Zoey says. “You could tell he was losing his cool.”

A waitress comes to take our order, “Nerfburger,” I say.

“He’ll have a salad,” Zoey breaks in. “This one,” she says pointing to a spot on her menu. I’ll have one too.”

“What did you just do?” I ask as the waitress walks away.

“Making us both feel better,” she says. “You’re getting fat.”

Zoey is right. Without my workouts the extra calories are adding up. “So?” I ask.

“You got a new baby. You need to keep up with her. Live 20 more years. You gotta take care of yourself,” she reminds me.

Zoey, again proving to be wise beyond her years. I’m thinking it over, but obviously I take too long because she speaks up again.

“I can help you get back in shape,” Zoey offers. “It can’t be too hard, you were playing professional Limmie just a year ago.”

I have to restrain myself. It would be easy to blow-up. To scream that I didn’t want this, it had been chosen for me. I take my time before answering, “I’m afraid that if I work out I’ll get injured,” I say. It's a valid concern. Especially now that I'm supposed to stay off pain killers. I'd been popping them most of my professional career. At any sign of pain a pill could keep me in the game, help me push harder, or simply get out of bed the next morning. What would I do if my body gave out on me and I couldn't take a pill?

Our salads come. I’m too hungry to care what’s in front of me. I begin to scoop forkfuls of leafy greens into my mouth. Before I can feel too sorry for myself I swallow and take a drink of the water in the glass to my right. “There is a reason I brought you to dinner,” I say hesitantly.

Zoey looks up from her plate. “Go on,” she prompts.

“I should have done this 10 years ago. When I first met your mother. Zoey, I want to adopt you.”

Tags: None

20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Bakura Gardens, Bakura

Stephana smiled. This was the kind of game she loved to play.

The Mets, who came into the game with one of the best defenses in the league, had been twisted inside and out by the Miners offense in a repeat 30+ offensive performance. This week, however, the Miners defense had shown up alongside them, allowing a measly one goal and five bar points to the Mets. The reason Stephana loved this game was because she was playing not to protect the psyche of her teammates, but to close out a victory.

Some beings might be disgruntled over doing clean up duty, but this wasn’t garbage time to Adiims. She was out here to keep the Mets out of the game. She was here to show them that their first string couldn’t even beat the Miners’ second string. This was about pride. It was about telling the Mets that they had never had a hope against the defending champions.

It wasn’t just team pride. It was personal pride.

“Stephana Amaya Adiims! What the karabast were you doing out there?”

Why did her grandmother have to be like that? Her high school, Klivian High, had just destroyed Roebeck High by a score of 43-6. High school limmie could be like that--sometimes there were just huge talent disparities depending on the kids who came out of the neighborhoods that fed them. Stephana was in a good program and she was one of the standouts. Even though she was still a Junior, she was being scouted by universities. If she was lucky, her coaches told her, she might make a Division I school. That was the big time. If you played there, you had a shot at pro limmie.

Feeling like the hot stuff that she was, Stephana turned from her teammates to look at her grandmother, who wasn’t waiting for the postgame congratulations to wrap up. Stephana took a couple steps forwards to place some distance from her friends. “Uh, I was kicking butt,” Stephana stated.

“And what do you call that last goal? You let her run right by you to score!” her grandmother badgered her, poking her index finger into Stephana’s chest to make her point. Even though her grandmother was shorter of the two by several inches, she comported herself like she was three meters tall.

“We were up by 40,” Stephana said rolling her eyes. “I was saving my strength for the next game.”

“Oh you mean the game that’s a week away?” her grandmother retorted. “The game that you have plenty of time to recover for? You were lollygagging out there for no good reason. How do you know there weren’t scouts in the stands today?”

“Because there weren’t. The coaches always know when scouts are coming,” Stephana pointed out.

“And how do you know someone wasn’t recording with their datapad? How do you know some college coach isn’t going to see you dragging your feet out there?” her grandmother continued.

“Look, I’ve been there!” Stephana snapped. “All those little league limmie games where we got destroyed, wishing we could score a goal so we could walk off the field with a little respect! The ones where you made me shake hands with kids who had pounded me into the turf! I did it to be nice!”

“Oh you want to play limmie and be nice?” her grandmother scoffed. “You want to be nice? Well, good for you. There’s a hundred rec leagues on this planet you’ll do great in. I thought you wanted more than that.”

“You’re the one who keeps going on about how I could be good,” Stephana shot back. She didn’t care if others were listening now. She was going to have this out with her grandmother, right here and now.

“All these years I thought you had a brain in your head. You can’t be nice and be good at the same time!” her grandmother explained irritably. “You can’t just play good when the scouts are here. You have to put yourself on the line every play, every time. Because you know what? There are ten, 20, 30, 50 other beings who can run as fast as you can, who can make a tackle just like you can. And the other 49 are going to play their hearts out every second of every game to get their shot. This isn’t a 59 minute, 59 second game, Stephana. It’s a 60 minute game. Every. Second. Counts.” She jabbed her finger to punctuate each word into Stephana’s chest again. “So you want to just be someone who putters around in a rec league after you graduate, be my guest. It’s your life. But don’t come crying to me the day you wake up and realize you could have done more with the Maker’s gifts, wishing you’d played harder today.”

Her grandmother stalked off and Stephana had no comeback on her lips. She was right, and Stephana was wrong.

It wasn’t until the last second of today’s game that Stephana realized that what today’s victory game meant was that the Miners were going back to the playoffs. For the first time in her ELL career, Stephana was going to be on active duty for a Galactic Cup Playoff game. And when she got there, she was going to play every second she got.

Hear that grandmother? she thought as she high fived Marnie Blake. We’re going to the playoffs. And the next two games of the regular season? That’s going to be when they see the real me. They’re going to see how hard I’ll work when it doesn’t count.

TAG: None

Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  21. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009

The pair of forwards walked through the front door, Serica's arm was around Cutty's shoulders and she was smiling like an idiot. Cutty was much less enthused. They were coming off a win at home no less. The star forward once again stood atop the leaderboard with four goals and two assists. She always seemed to have an open lane, her defender off doing something else or just surprised by Cutty's speed, still the fastest in the league, at least in her own mind. The regular season was coming to an end, just two more games. That meant Awards Time was just around the corner.

"Smile Cutty," Serica said as they sat down at their usual seats. "We're going to the playoffs." She continued squeezing the veteran tighter. Said white haired full forward wasn't so much worried about that. Not even thinking about it. The only thing on her mind was winning the Salbukk, not even the Galactic Cup could dislodge her burning want to finally get the recognition she'd craved for years. This was her year, her time to shine, she'd said it to herself all year now it was time to see if all her effort was worth it, if all the hours of practice were paying off.

"Drinks are on me." Serica told Mical, not that Cutty ever really paid for her drinks. Maybe she was just running up a huge tab that the cathar bartender was being polite and not calling her on it, yet.

Mical nodded her head, ever present cigarette hanging from her lip. With practiced movements she pulled up a bottle of Drydock popping the cap off it before setting it before the still oblivious Cutty. A moment later she pulled up a clear plastic bottle of orange fizzy drink. The label was orange as well, except for blue lettering that read 'Dua-Bru'.

"You…" Serica looked at the bottle then at Mical, then back to the bottle, dumbfounded that she would actually see this here. After last week she thought that it would be impossible to find the drink outside of her mother sending it in her 'care packages'.

"It was damned expensive, almost as much as Cutty's beer. You owe me." Mical said with a lower tone, trying to hide her slight enjoyment at seeing Serica's eyes widen. They pair of Glassgonians would never know the hoops and lengths the bartender had to go through to get her hands on these niche beverages from their homeland. "You should thank your mother, the distributor of that stuff is very protective. They were worried I was trying to get ahold of their formula."

Serica didn't even notice what the other woman said, too busy taking a long pull from the bottle. She pulled the bottle away from her lips with a deep satisfied sigh. Quickly she cleaned the top of it and handed it to Cutty.

"Here you go Cutty. Have a bit."

The neon orange bottle entering her field of vision finally broke Cutty out of her introspection, her anxiety over whether or not the awards committee would even nominate her.

"What," she looked down at the bottle then to the person holding it, "You sure?"

"Yeah come on, you gotta be missing it." She said more or less forcing the bottle into Cutty's hand.

She knew Serica wasn't going to drop this so she might as well take a sip. Right away the distinctive taste draws her back to a time long ago.

She was back in the Warfman's Bar, her father's local. Her feet didn't even reach the bar that ran along the floor. It was after another long day of training, and her father felt like rewarding her. He ordered a whisky for himself and a Dua-Bru for her. It was one of the few times he was kind to her, like a father.

"Ya' did good today Cutty." A meaty hand ruffled her stark white hair. "Still a long way to go," he added making sure that her ego didn't get too big, "but, decent."

Cutty let out a breath coming back from one of the few bright spots in her childhood training.

"Reminds you of home doesn't it?" Serica said smiling broadly and nodding her head.

"Yeah, a little."

"Makes me think of my mum, when she would come back from a long day of work. She would stop by the store and pick up a bottle of it, just to keep us stocked up."

"I'm surprised you still have your teeth." Mical spoke up leaning against the back of the bar fresh cigarette burning.

"It isn't that bad for you. Besides I brushed my teeth every night like you should."

Cutty was quiet, her beer untouched, she'd won, she dragged the team to victory once again with little help from the defense. She didn't drink after a win, normally. This talk of families reminded her that she didn't really have one.

A mother she only barely remembered, and a father she barely spoke to, not that she really want to anyway. She burned that bridge when she left, and never looked back. The few good points didn't outweigh the bad. The long days, the single minded focus on Limmie, and almost nothing but criticism for her performance. She wasn't missing anything not having a family, or at least not one she wanted to connect with.

However it didn't mean there wasn't a part of her that wanted that, or something like it.

She shook her head taking a long pull from her beer looking over to Serica as she was telling Mical of her goal late in the second half that put the game away. Cutty got the follow up that truly put the game out of reach but, the rookie did her part. With the conversation shifted to the game Cutty could engage. The phantoms of the past now put behind her.

"I always had an open lane against the Demons." She said, "I don't know if they weren't taking me seriously or still more worried about Leigh but, they weren't covering me tightly."

Serica gave a broad smile,

"Yeah, I think they might have been focusing on something else." The younger woman held her gaze with the veteran for a moment, then another.

Cutty couldn't help but feel that there was some deeper meaning to her words. She was about to ask when Serica broke eye contact and returned to telling the Bartender about the game.

The white haired forward shrugged her shoulders and returned to her beer, only half listening to the play-by-play.

'That was weird,' she thought taking another long pull from her bottle.

TAG: No One

Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a cool and frosty victory afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

"Mercs are in the playoffs! The Mercs are in the playoffs!"

"That's right, that's right, just a season removed from seeing their threepeat championship streak snapped, the Mercs have again clinched a post season berth on the strength of a 37-17 dismantling of the Ralltiir Starkillers."

"Mercs shredded them."

"Yeah they did, Arock was on fire, and Irvin contributed 10 points of his own from midfield."

"Led all scorers actually."

"Did he really?"

"Looking at the box score now, and...yeah."

"Wow, a quiet ten points then, but hey every little bit helps right?"

"Especially against a team like Ralltiir."

"That's a good club, and the Mercs held them under 20 whch is a good thing, especially for rooke 'keeper Jacen Hunter."

"The Solo conference is full of good teams, Bakura, Stewjon, Ralltiir, Coruscant..."

"Rydonni Prime."

"...all over the .500 mark and in the playoff hunt."

"That's four, no five, teams fighting for just three playoff spots over there."

"Right, and Bakura has locked one of those up."

"Big surprise, the defending champs and man what a decade they've had."

"Team of the decade if it hand't been for the Mercs."

"Yeah, they've had a hell'uv'a'run."

"Contrast the Solo with the Skywalker though, and well, it's stunning."

"Skywalker is really top heavy with the Mercs and Pirates..."

"I hate those guys."

"..both and six and three and both having locked up playoff berths."

"By the manda I hope that's the Conference title game, what a match that would be."

"Followed up by a four and six Officer's team that is currently sitting in that last up for grabs playoff spot."

"They can surprise some folks if they make the playoffs."

"Big if, the Strugglers and Mariners are just a game behind, though with only three wins apiece I'd think they have to win out to even have a shot."

"Kitterich, what's the schedule look like for those three?"

"I...I'd have to check, I don't have it in front of me."

"Go ahead and do that."

"Of course I left out the Beast Riders, who have already been eliminated."

"They have had a really rough season, just the one win."

"Yeah, that's tough. Wonder if they will be back next year after or if they'll be dropped by the League after just two season."

"Time will tell..."

"OK, guys I have that now..."

"Whaddya got K-Man?"

"Strugglers finish the season hosting the Monarchs this week..."

"Yikes."

"A team fighting for a playoff spot, that's not going to be an easy one."

"...and then end the season at home facing us."

"Oh and you know that's a game that Kor'le will want to win no matter what the standings say or the playoff seedings are."

"Yeah, she won't hold anything back there."

"So a tough road for the Strugglers, what about Dac?"

"Dac has.. hold on..."

"Sure, sure."

"Dac Hosts the Beast Riders this weekend."

"That's...I don't want to say an easy one, but easier than taking on the Monarchs."

"In conference game too, can really boost their record."

"And then they finish up the season against the Starkillers."

"Now that's a tough go."

"Yeah it is, especially if the playoff match up haven't been decided yet in the Solo."

"Oh and just for osike and giggles, the Officers finish their schedule with two tough matchups, at Bakura and then hosting the Sens..."

"Yikes, so really..."

"Anyone's guess as to who will come out and grab that last Skywalker playoff spot."

"And with just two weeks to go in the season, it looks like we'll have a great ending to the campaign, and better still Mercs fans, you'll have a post season to remember."

TAG: Runjedirun

Runjedirun likes this.
  23. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    IC: Tex

Tex groaned, half because he was in pain, and half because the Senators had dropped a close game to the rival Monarchs. The team needed a win coming into the contest, but had not received the ‘W’; instead, they were now stuck behind four teams in the Conference with just two games left. They were not out of it, but getting to the playoffs was nearer to an impossibility than was comfortable at this point.

The team hadn’t played poorly in the game. The offense scored in bunches again, the Adama-Stormhelm combo keeping things interesting. Some of the younger forwards like Hudsen, Teslaturvy, and the others kept things going when the older forwards couldn’t get traction. It was a complete effort except during the overtime, when they got skunked.

The defense, on the other hand, had been torched again. The Monarchs had been allowed to run wild far too often, and it had cost the Senators the game. Things would need to be tightened up in the next game against Carratos and their top-level offensive unit. If the Senators were going to make a run to the postseason, their defense had to step up and make it happen. The offense had shown up but not done enough because of the defense allowing the same number of points.

Over the past week, Tex’s health had improved somewhat. However, being stabbed in the chest was a very painful injury, and it would take a lot longer to fully recover. The Diner, which would normally be crawling with visitors, sat empty, door locked. It hurt much more to think of that than it did of the injury; the Diner being closed was tantamount to a personal purgatory for the owner. Plus, he had a dislike for hospitals. The food was bland, and it was very quiet. In fact, it too quiet for his liking.

He wasn’t sure when he was going to get out and return to the Diner. That was the problem for him; the recovery timeline seemed like an eternity. What was that punk after, anyways? Cash? Was all this about money? Whatever it was, it was gnawing at him all the time. He was wasting away in the hospital, and was not where he wanted to be. That was at the grill. Here he had nothing but bandages and bland food. There had to be more to life.

Trieste likes this.
  24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"Big games in the world of college limmie as it was championship week, and with playoff spots on the line these teams went out and gave it all they had."

"Great games."

"In the Super 16 title game number five The Ord Sabaok University survived a late push by number ten Chandrila A&M. StarBucks win 20-18..."

"GO BUCKS!!!!"

"Over in the Big 20 title game number four University of Zeltros took care of number 17 University of Wroona 22 to 18."

"I was really hoping for chaos to erupt with a Wroona win there."

"Yeah me too, but I'm not going to complain about how the weekend went."

"Should be interesting to see how they seed the tournament with both number four and five teams winning, but number five winning against a much tougher opponent."

"Bucks have to move past Zeltros, they have to!"

"We'll see my friend, we'll see."

HSN Top 25 after Championship Week

1. Taanab A&M University
    3. Bakura Fleet Academy
    4. The Ord Sabaok University
    5. University of Zeltros
    6. University of Csilla
    10. Grand Vulptur System University
    11. Chandrila A&M University
    12. Ryloth Ag and Tech University
    13. Tiarest University
    14. Zehava College, Melida/Daan
    15. University of Onderon Rupings
    16. Balmorra State University
    17. Garqi State University
    18. Wookiee Forrest Institute
    19. Keldabe Military Institute (Mandalore)
    20. University of Tatooine, Anchorhead
    21. University of Wroona
    22. Venderwell University, Bespin
    24. University of Thyferra
    25. Sanctuary Moon University, Endor

Notes on the playoffs. Once again using the Limmie Lunacy Format, Top 16 teams as ranked by HSN make the tournament bracket. A note on this week's rankings. As you know the final regular season rankings (last week's) are rolled with a weighted die roll to determine place of finish for all GCAA teams. After that I roll an actucal score for each game, so these scores and those going forward are actual scores from games. I jumped the StarBucks ahead of Zeltros based on them beating a higher ranked team and both games were close. Wroona fell back as far as they did because they had a season score of 10 (tied with all the teams that jumped ahead of them). I use conference championship games as the ultimate tie breaker for regular season ties. A win puts a team ahead of all of those they tied, a loss puts them behind all those they have tied. High risk, high reward stakes in those title games.

Now, as to the tournament, the Sweet Sixteen:

Beskar Bowl, presented by MandalMotors: #16 Balmorra State University vs. #1 Taanab A&M University

Carnation Bowl: #15 University of Onderon Rupings vs. #2 Vertical City University, Nar Shaddaa

Party Bowl: #14 Zehava College, Melida/Daan vs. #3 Bakura Fleet Academy

Sweetner Bowl: #13 Tiarest University vs. #4 The Ord Sabaok University

Nylonite Bowl: #12 Ryloth Ag and Tech University vs. #5 University of Zeltros

Jogan Bowl: #11 Chandrila A&M University vs. #6 University of Csilla

Republic Bowl: #10 Grand Vulptur System University vs. #7 Druckenwell Technical University

Papa Palpatine Bowl: #9 Norand University, Carratos vs. #8 University of Kashyyyk

25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus potential for Bakura, Carratos, Coruscant, Mando'ade, and Ralltiir.

288 Week 10 Results
    Rydonni Prime Monarchs at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers (26-27)
    Stewjon Metropolitans at Ralltiir Starkillers (18-29)
    Carratos Pirates at Coruscant Senators (11-39)
    Onderon Beast Riders at Dac Mariners (13-15)
    Mando’ade Mercs at Denon Demons (28-21)
    Euceron Officers at Bakura Miners (5-4)

HSN Headlines
    • HSN projects:
      • Commissioner's Trophy race
        • Bakura Miners secure it with a win next week or losses by Mando'ade and Ralltiir
        • Mando'ade Mercs secure it with a win next week and a Bakura loss
        • Ralltiir Starkillers secure it with a win next week and losses by Bakura, Carratos, and Mando'ade
      • Playoff race
        • Ralltiir Starkillers have secured a playoff spot in the Solo Conference
        • Euceron Storm secures final Skywalker spot with win next week
        • Nar Shaddaa Smugglers secure final Skywalker spot with win next week and Euceron loss
        • Stewjon Metropolitans secure final Solo spot with win next week
        • Coruscant Senators secure final Solo spot with win next week and a Stewjon loss
        • Rydonni Prime Monarchs secure final Solo spot with win next week and losses by Stewjon and Coruscant
    • HSN analyst: "It's going to be a great final week of the season. Evert game has playoff implications"

jcgoble3 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.