main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite League Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for Atzerri (28), Tatooine (28), Thyferra (28) and Concordia (28)

LFL Week Nine Results
    Thyferra Force @ Tatooine Sandskimmers (24-14)
    Honoghr Honor @ Atzerri Bandits (18-2)
    Concordia Crusaders @ Druckenwell Marksmen (14-15)

Tags: Jedi Gunny galactic-vagabond422 Bardan_Jusik Vehn

2. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Andres Fortune

Juliette cried the entire ride to the stadium. My older children were spending the weekend with their mother. Alyada would have been fine with the baby alone this afternoon. I had decided to step up. I wanted to be this baby’s father and Alyada’s husband. Leaving them alone all day didn’t feel right. Here I was, arriving at work with a massive headache.

When I got the speeder parked, I took a glance at my wife. Somehow Alyada looked more bewildered than I felt. Being a mother was new to her. She was doing great, but it was obviously taking a toll. I reached back and unstrapped Juliette from her safety seat. “How’s Daddy’s little girl?” I ask as I bring her in towards my chest.

Today’s game is a home game. I tell the security guard that has come to greet us that he is going to need help. Soon another guard joins him. I enjoy handing over the garment bag with my suit, the bag of diapers and another bag of baby gear. I carry Juliette all the way to the studio with my free arm around Alyada.

“It’s bring your family to work day,” I announce proudly swinging the door open.

“Let me hold the baby,” Eriin begs holding out her arms. I help Eriin support Juliette’s neck. I show Alyada to a sofa with a great view of the field. “Order anything you want,” I tell her showing her a menu on my data pad. “I need to get dressed.”

I’m pleased to discover that the diet Zoey has me on is working. My suit buttons easier than last week. Alyada and I have been taking walks after dinner. That voice in my head is starting to whisper that I might have athletic abilities left, yet.

By the time I am done in make-up Alyada is feeding Juliette. Eriin is in her own dressing room making preparations. “How are you?” I ask my wife.

“I wish I was down there,” Alyada motions with her head towards the field. I see the longing look in her eyes. I can feel it too. The chance to play for a spot in the play-offs. Just the thought of never walking on that field in uniform again is too much to bear.

“We have new responsibilities now,” I say gently as I trace Juliette’s cheek lightly with my finger. Alyada doesn’t look convinced. There’s no more time to comfort her now.

“Good afternoon Eriin,” I say as the lights come on in the studio.

“Good afternoon Mr. Fortune, Ralltiir. I hope you are ready for some Limmie. The Metropolitans are here today all the way from Stewjon and they want our play-off spot.”

“We’ll just have to see about that,” I say with a lighthearted chuckle.

“A win today should secure the Starkillers a play-off spot, but you remember what happened last week,” Eriin begins.

“No I don’t,” I say pretending to be clueless. Eriin looks perplexed. “Us players have short memories,” I explain. “No being on the field today is dwelling on last week. They are focused on winning today.”

“Time to find out if this washed up forward knows what he’s talking about,” Eriin says addressing our audience. “The stadium has roared to life as the teams take the field. Even if there is a fan of the visitors here today you wouldn’t know,” Eriin continues. “Mets stole our color scheme when they joined the league.”

“If you are going to mimic someone, mimic the best,” I conclude.

Two Minutes to go in the Half

“You can tell Olidiipo wanted that goal,” I say as the Ithorian bows his head in determination and heads back towards his position on field.

“The bar point gave us the lead,” Eriin reminds me. “Starkillers 16, Mets 15.”

“Still plenty of time for another score,” I say cautiously. “The Mets are driving to the goal. Nice read! Noah Till for the steal. Did you see that?”

“Barely, he got rid of it fast. Lawco is dribbling towards the Mets goal now. He passes to Yolanda. My sister finds Olidiipo and this time….GOAL!”

“Nice shot of your kids celebrating in the owner’s box,” Eriin continues as I try to find my words. “Your son looks good in your jersey.”

That’s just it. He’s wearing my jersey. Not a replica bought in a pro-shop. My actual jersey. My home jersey from the ’78 season, maybe. Little thief took it right out of my closet. “That will do it for the first half,” I try not to grumble. Starkillers 19, Mets 15.”

During the break I get up and check on Alyada. She’s got a vegetarian nacho plate in her lap and somehow Juliette sleeps soundly in a portable baby bed. I reach for a chip and a producer runs out of nowhere to tie a bib around my neck. The cheese is warm and gooey. So delicious that I forget to be embarrassed by the bib protecting my suit.

I stuff in as many chips as I can before returning to the set. I ball up the bib and toss it in a waste container. 3 points! “You’re drooling like a Hutt, Eriin says pointing at the side of my mouth. A producer hands me a napkin.

“Starkillers have the momentum on their side,” I remind our audience. “Let’s see if they can finish off the Metropolitans in the second half.”

Final Minutes

“What a second half,” Eriin recaps. “Points for my sister, Flylow, Clarette and Olidiipo.”

“Don’t forget the defense,” I chime in. “Amazing stops by Comstock, Tuff and of course Noah Till.”

“Lawco dribbles the ball up field one last time,” Eriin calls. “The crowd is on it’s feet. The Starkillers receive a standing ovation as the final seconds tick off the clock.”

“You know what this means?” I ask Eriin rhetorically. “You have to put up with me for at least one extra week.”

“I think I can handle that,” Eriin laughs.

Tag: None

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a cloudy and cool victory afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

"Another win for the Mercs and another step closer to what will hopefully be a stellar post season."

"Yeah, Mercs beat the Demons in dominant fashion..."

"28-21 isn't really dom..."

"No, but the Demons scored six of those points late when the game was well out of reach."

"Sure, sure."

"Kyr Irvin was the surprise leading scorer on both sides, though it was of course Arock who simply created havoc among the Denon back three scoring four points himself and setting up numerous
    others."

"He's a wrecking ball back there, and when he is on opposing teams have no way to contain him."

"And that shows in the stats for the season, the Mercs are second in the league in points scored at 248 right behind the Miners who have 256 stakes on the season."

"The defending champs lead in overall defense too..."

"Yeah a scary proposition for any team once the playoffs start."

"Speaking of the playoffs, I don't think HSN has announced it yet, but the win yesterday means the Mercs have secured the Skywalker's top seed for the post season."

"Really?"

"Hey now I thought the Pirates..."

"I hate those guys."

"...still had a shot."

"Nope. Worst Mercs can do is seven and four if they lose to the Strugglers this weekend."

"Right."

"That would also put them at four and one in conference."

"Which is right where the Pirates..."

"I really hate those guys."

"...will be if they beat the Beast Riders..."

"A strong possibility."

"... seven and four overall, four and one in conference."

"So in the worst case scenario for the Mercs it comes down to the head to head tie break."

"Which the Mercs get on the strength of their 37 to 8 win over Carratos at Meshla Vhetin in week five."

"Oh wow, so they're guaranteed at least a spot in the Conference finals..."

"And will host that game as well."

"Which is great because the Mercs have lost only one home game all year."

"Week four against Stewjon, a team the Mercs have never beaten in the regular season."

"Guys it gets even better here, the Mercs have a chance at the Commissioner's Trophy as well."

"A shot or a legit shot, like a real chance?"

"It's a legimate chance, even with the Miners seeming dominance on the stat sheet, the Mercs, Miners and Starkillers are all tied right now in terms of overall record."

"Really?"

"Wow, I knew Ralltiir was having a great season, but thought the Miners were doing even better than that."

"They've had a few tight losses, including one to us in week six that is rather important with regards to all of this."

"Hold on now, Ralltiir is behind the Miners in tie breaks right now right?"

"Yes, the Starkillers have a conference loss while the Miners don't, but that could change in the final game of the season."

"They also have the head to head match, so no way the Miners lose out on the top spot in the Solo though."

"Unless they lose and the Starkillers win this weekend."

"Right."

"OK, so between us and the Miners, same record, same conference record..."

"Conference record is the second tie break for the Commissioner's trophy."

"It is?"

"Yes it is."

"What's the first tie break?"

"Head to head..."

"Which as we've mentioned the Mercs have."

"So if the Mercs win..."

"They win their first commissioner's Trophy since their innaugeral season in 267."

"And if the Mercs lose..."

"If the Mercs lose, and the Miners win, the Miners win the trophy...again."

"And if both lose the Mercs..."

"Earn the cup."

"You sure?"

"Both would have identical 7-4 records, 4-1 in conference..."

"You said in conference doesn't matter."

"It doesn't, just being thorough."

"Sure, sure."

"But the Mercs have the head to head edge which is the first tie break between the two first place teams."

"And what about Raltiir again? Can't they end up in the mix here somehow?"

"Yeah, what if the Starkillers and Mercs win and the Miners lose?"

"Mercs and Starkillers would have the same over all record and the edge in conference record but the conference record."

"Does."

"Not."

"Matter."

"We know!" Justin, Randy and Liz said in unison.

"And then the same applies to them as to the Miners because the Mercs beat the Starkillers 37-17 a couple of weeks ago."

"So the Mercs have the tie break against them as well."

"Right."

"Hey now, that's not at all what HSN is saying!"

"It's the three letter network, they're always wrong."

"Except when they're not."

"OK, let's simplify this for our audience."

"Probably a good idea."

"If all three win..."

"Mercs and Miners win their conferences and Mercs win the Commissioner's Trophy."

"If all three lose..."

"Mercs and Miners win their conferences and Mercs win the Commissioner's Trophy."

"The chances of either of those happening..."

"Never tell me the odds."

"What if the Mercs lose and both the Miners and Starkillers win?"

"Miners get it by default as they win their conference..."

"On tie breakers."

"Yes. If both the Starkillers and Miners win then they finish the season tied, but Miners get the tie break based on confernce record, they would be 5-0 and the Miners..excuse me Starkillers would be 4 -1."

"OK...so head to head..."

"Wouldn't matter because the Trophy can only go to a Conference champion."

"True.."

"Miners own the head to head anyway over Raltiir."

"So Starkillers only chance is..."

"Both Mercs and Miners lose."

"I could see that happening, I wouldn't like it but I could see it."

"Miners get the trophy if they win and Mercs lose?"

"Yes."

"And Mercs get it if they win or if everyone loses."

"Right."

"Oh that's not confusing at all." Justin said sarcastically

"Really? Because I still don't get it."

"The important thing is the Mercs are in the playoffs, have secured the number one seed for the conference and will be hosting the Skywalker title game in a few weeks."

"Who is hosting the Galactic Cup Final?"

"Oh lets not even go there."

TAG: no one, shabla NPC teams. Trieste, because I think I got all that right but who knows? If not, I blame Kitterich. :p

4. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Mar'git 'Cutty' Evers-Sark
    The Snake Pit, O'Pahz, Carratos

Cutty landed heavy on her bar stool, it creaking under the force. Mical put a bottle of Drydock in front of the forward. Cutty's head came up eyes narrowing a little.

"Whisky."

"That bad huh…"

Beside the gloomy player, Serica nodded her head.

"39 to 11, we got stomped." The cathar nodded, listening to the younger human, letting smoke slowly curl out of her nose. "It wasn't pretty."

"Again the defense abandoned us, couldn't stop a single fraking thing. Were they asleep out there." Cutty blurted out taking her glass of amber liquid and drinking half of it in one gulp. It burned a little down her throat before settling into her stomach with a comforting warmth. She closed her eyes just recalling standing in disbelief as the Sens kept scoring. She was doing everything she could to keep them in the game but, it wasn't enough. Her hat trick wasn't any were near enough to overcome the Coruscant team.

She drained the rest of the glass feeling a bit of fog in her brain making her feelings about the last game a little more fuzzy. She knows it's wrong to deal with your pain with alcohol but, there were sometimes you just needed to be a little numb to things.

They couldn't beat them, they couldn't beat the Sens. They'd beaten them what...once in all the times they'd faced each other. It was annoying and frustrating.

Her face soured and she rested her chin on the cold steel bar.

"Hey we're still in the playoffs, so these games don't really matter."

"We should still put everything we have into the games. Can't let ourselves get complacent if we want to reach the end of this thing." She suddenly found herself speaking much like her father, particularly when he was berating her after a game. "If ya' can't give your all every game ya' can't bring your best when the time comes."

"Well, I mean, we're getting there…" Serica piped up.

"Really with what our defense has been doing. They're not getting better."

"They'll show up when we need them, no doubt. We got to trust them."

"You can trust them. I'll just have to carry this force damn team." She took another sip of her whisky letting it soothe her somewhat frayed nerves. Their little area fell into silence with Cutty just looking into her glass and Serica looking concerned.

Said silence was broken by two humans sitting on either side of the limmie players.

"Hey," the one that sat closest to Cutty started, "what you drinking."

"Whisky," Cutty replied with a low voice, she was not in the mood. She looked up at the man a bigger guy in a tight fitting red shirt showing off his well muscled chest. A tattoo on his neck gave away his associations. A black spined snake covered the left side of his neck moving as he talked and each time his heartbeat. "And I can pay for myself thank you."

"I'm sure you can Evers-Sark."

Her blue eyes snapped to the man, a stupid smirk on his face. She was not up for this, this wasn't that kind of bar. What was more surprising was that he knew her name. Again this was not a place that usually recognized her. However she kept most of her shock off her face looking back with a surly expression perfected over years.

"You know my name...congratulations, so do about a billion other people."

"I wasn't expecting a metal." The man replied looking to Mical. "I'll have what she's having." he continued putting a few credits on the bar top. The cathar took a long drag from her cigarette as she put down a glass and poured an amount of amber liquid into it. He nodded and took a sip, lip curing a little. "It burns good, little strong." he said setting the glass back down.

A slight huff left Cutty's nose, local boy couldn't handle the drink of her homeland. She took a sip herself trying to ignore the man next to her.

"Now is not a good time lads." Serica said apologetically giving a slight smile. "We're coming off a rough loss and lots of hyperlag. Do you think we could get a little space?"

"Oh sorry, just wanted to strike up a conversation." the other man said from the empty chair next to the rookie. "Not a lot of chances to talk with an all-star limmie player."

"Go to the 'Stacked Deck'," Cutty snapped back mentioning the favored haunt of the rest of the Pirates.

"It's always packed over there, everyone just looking for their moment to greet the great players of the pillaging Pirates."

"Not a lot of pillaging going on at the moment." the veteran muttered into her whisky glass. "Can't stop a goal if we had a wall in front of the net."

"You're in the playoffs right? Doesn't matter if you win these last ones right?"

Again Cutty rolled her eyes, she'd been over this earlier and was not interested in repeating herself.

"Well, it helps to keep morale up winning the games. Particularly coming into the final stretch."

"You know your accent is cute, where's it from?" One of the men asked.

"Glassgone," Serica piped up with a subtle lilt. "It's where we grew up."

"Ah…" he replied nodding his head. "That's like way north of here right."

"Yep, it's winter there now, might be snowing. Been awhile since I asked about the weather up there."

Cutty remained silent getting deeper and deeper into her drink. The man next to her beginning to drift over to Serica, the more chatty of the pair, despite her hyperlag. That was just fine with the veteran, she didn't com here to talk, she came here to get away from it all. She looked over to the bubbly woman continuing to talk, about their home, about the game, about nothing in particular. She spoke so easily even to strangers. She seemed to be happy to do it.

Better the rookie than her, the morose jaded veteran through with fame. She waggled her glass at Mical who obliged pouring another measure whisky into it.

That was all she needed whisky and silence. Next to her the trio kept talking.

One out of two isn't bad.

TAG: Jedi Gunny

Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  5. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"Big games played this weekend for big stakes, and the right to move on to the Elite Eight, let's get right to it."

"In the Beskar Bowl, presented by MandalMotors, #16 Balmorra State University made it a game early but they weren't enough for #1 Taanab A&M University who put them away with a late rally. The Aggies win this one 24-19."

"Over in the grandmammy of them all, the Carnation Bowl; #15 University of Onderon Rupings vs pulls off the upset of #2 Vertical City University, beating VCU by a 27-22 score."

"They'll take on another upset winner in #10 Grand Vulptur System University next week in the Bank of Core Bowl. The Pilots beat #7 Druckenwell Technical University in the Republic Bowl. That was technically an upset, but most everyone saw it coming."

"Doesn't mean I have to like it."

"The Party Bowl saw the Ensigns of #3 Bakura Fleet Academy take down #14 Zehava College, Melida/Daan, 27-23."

"While over in the Sweetner Bowl..."

"Oh yeah!!!!!"

"... #4 The Ord Sabaok University beat #13 Tiarest University..."

"Hang on Slooooopy!"

"...27 to 22. StarBucks moving on and as anyone can tell, Justin is pumped."

"Slooopy hang on!"

"Surprised he's even sober."

"Who says I am?"

"In the Nylonite Bowl, it took an extra frame, but #12 Ryloth Ag and Tech University upsets #5 University of Zeltros 26-23. That one was tied 22 all after a late push by Zeltros tied it up, but Ryloth Ag and Tech were too much for them in OT."

"They played a really great game."

"Yeah surprised the shab out of me."

"Meanwhile, in the Jogan Bowl: #11 Chandrila A&M University lost a close one to #6 University of Csilla, 18-16."

"And finally, in the Papa Palpatine Bowl; #9 Norand University, Carratos beat #8 University of Kashyyyk 20-15."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

TAG: no one/everyone

The Elite Eight:

Incom Bowl: #9Norand University, Carratos vs. #1 Taanab A&M University

Bank of the Core Bowl: #15 University of Onderon Rupings vs. #10 Grand Vulptur System University

SoroSuub Bowl: #6 University of Csilla vs. #3 Bakura Fleet Academy

Mining Guild Bowl: #12 Ryloth Ag and Tech University vs. #4 The Ord Sabaok University

6. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Stephana Adiims
    Team shuttle en route to Rydonni Prime

Stephana rubbed her eyes. A 4-5 loss. She loved a good defensive game because it meant she had an opportunity to shine, but she would have preferred a win. The Commissioner’s Trophy was in the stadium as the Miners could have wrapped it up with a win against Euceron. Locking that down would have been better, even if it had been a 40-39 game. At the end of the day, this was a team sport.

The silver lining was that she’d gotten a chance to shine today. In such a grueling game, Draper had worked a rotation of his starters that had seen Stephana and Esheps working at several different positions. Stephana had mainly played in half back positions, the first line of defense against the Officer assault. She didn’t mind not playing against Tendra Nalo, unquestionably the best player on the Euceron side.

Adiims had made strong tackles in every minute of the game. It wasn’t anything out of the ordinary--it was just her job as usual. She’d been playing competitive limmie long enough to know how to move on after a loss and focus the last game. She wasn’t going to dwell on what had or hadn’t happened today...even though it might mean the difference between a contract or free agency in a few weeks.

Goalkeeper Marnie Blake settled into her seat with a sigh. “They’re out of pretzels. You know, Star Tours always has pretzels,” Blake complained.

“Star Tours also flies into war zones by accident,” Stephana pointed out.

“That hasn’t happened for years,” Blake replied, rolling her eyes. “And it’d be worth it for pretzels.”

“They also make you pay for your booze.”

“Yeah, but you get those fun little bottles of them,” Marnie said. “For some reason when you drink them in hyperspace you get totally trashed on them.”

“As opposed to getting trashed on the full size bottles in the shuttle bar?” Stephana challenged. Why the Miners even had alcohol on their team shuttle was baffling to the Ralltiirian. They were performance athletes. Shouldn’t alcohol be the last thing they should be putting into their bodies?

“Nah, you get hammered on those bottles. Totally different than being trashed.”

“Only to a Bakuran,” Stephana observed. “Then again, you’ve got a reason to drink. Didn’t Tiarest go down in the playoffs?” That was Marnie’s alma mater.

“Nobody expected them to get that deep. The last time we were at all good was when Stonlon was our coach and that was all him. They played a good team,” Marnie said. “All I know is that Fleet Academy is going to just be jerks about winning the conference and going one round deeper. When they’re good, they’re super annoying about it.”

Stephana didn’t understand Bak10 limmie. How could a conference be considered so good when it was only based on one planet? Every other major conference spanned worlds. It seemed too easy to just play on one planet. It didn’t even prepare you for the professional game where interstellar travel was a reality.

“Yeah, and you’d know something about being super annoying,” Stephana joked. “Stop being so obnoxiously good at your position. Makes the rest of us competing for contracts look like we’re lollygagging out there. Let in some more goals next game so I’ve got a shot at a contract renewal.”

Marnie snorted. “Oh yeah, like me letting in goals is going to help a defender get a fat new contract. Not like you need the help.”

“Says the starter who had her only competition traded away earlier this season.”

“Please. Goalkeeper is the most overdrafted position in the league.”

“No, that’s midfielder,” Stephana said.

“There’s two of them. Teams usually carry at least one extra. They only keep an extra goalkeeper if there’s trouble and they definitely don’t burn a draft pick on one unless they’re thinking about a change,” Marnie stated. “I’m way more vulnerable than you. They’ve got how many other defender contracts coming up this offseason? I swear, the entire defense is coming up for contract talks. There’s opportunity there for you to come out on top. They can’t draft an entire defense in one season and the fans would never stand for letting so much veteran talent walk anyways.”

“But you’ve been the best goalkeeper in the league in the last two seasons, hands down. You turn in tons of shutdowns,” Stephana argued. “They’re not going to let you walk.”

“Maybe they will when they see the number my agent’s presenting,” Marnie said.

“Yeah, but you’re worth it.”

“Tell that to the Smug Dragon,” Marnie said, jerking a thumb over her shoulder in the direction of the general manager. “But come on Steph. You’re rocking it. You go out there every week and kill it. There are tons of shots teams never take because of what you do.”

Stephana shook her head. “I’m just a sub.”

“A utility sub. You can play anywhere. You relieved Horst, for Force sake, and you did it well against Carratos. I don’t know another player who can play every defensive position like that. Do you know how talented you are? Teams dream of having a utility back like you. I don’t know how you can adjust to each position so seamlessly.”

Stephana looked down at her necklace and fingered it. She knew why. Her grandmother had told her to never give up, to be in the moment, and do whatever her coach asked of her as well as she could.

“You do as well as you can do each play and the next play will take care of itself,” Grandmother had said.

“I just do the best I can,” Stephana said, still looking down.

“And any team, especially the Miners, will want that best,” Marnie assured her friend. “Trust me.”

“And any team is going to take a Galactic Cup champion goalkeeper,” Stephana replied. “Tell you what--since I’m hot stuff, I’ll tell Cundertol I’m not signing unless he takes you too.”

Marnie laughed. “I’ll take your star power any day.”

“And I’ll take your saves every day from now until Korriban freezes over.”

“Ditto. Just make those tackles against the Monarchs and we’ll punch our ticket straight to the Conference Finals,” Marnie said.

“You got it,” Stephana promised as she fistbumped with her goalkeeper, but more importantly her friend.

TAG: jcgoble3

Runjedirun, jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  7. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    IC: Tex

“How do you feel?” Gark S’rily asked Tex as the Besalisk lay on his sofa. He had been released from the hospital the prior week, but was still recovering from the surgery that had saved his life. The home was not exactly fancy, but Tex didn’t really care. His Diner was his pride and joy, and he could easily live there if he wanted to. The rest was just window dressing.

“Like someone stabbed me,” the Besalisk said.

“Other than that.”

“Not fine enough to be working at the Diner. With all the playoff speculation, too. Win and you’re in.”

“Or something like that. We’ll just worry about winning and go from there,” the Bothan coordinator commented.

“Euceron won’t make it easy on you. They need a win to get in.”

“Tex, when has anything ever been easy in this league? Tell me one time.”

“You always made it look easy,” Tex said as he groaned again from attempting to move. “Twenty years ago, you were the hottest coaching prospect in the galaxy. The Miners and Smugglers would have been eating out of your hand if you hadn’t committed to stay here.”

“Then you’re lucky I’m a pretty loyal guy,” Gark said. “I didn’t run off to join a more storied franchise.”

“Nah, you didn’t do that. Look at us now, two old geezers trying to make things work in a changing atmosphere.”

“You’re only as old as you feel, Tex.”

“And I feel pretty grizzled. I’ve lost a step.”

“Haven’t we all?”

“No one cares if you lost a step. You can just go coach on the sidelines and be just fine. Me, I gotta cook for a living. When the Diner’s closed, I make no money. Speaking of that, thanks for pitching in to cover my medical bills.”

“That’s what friends are for, right?” the Bothan asked. “And the other regulars pitched in, too. Plus about a thousand others who heard your story and wanted to help.”

“But that doesn’t keep the Diner open, does it? I appreciate the concern, but what am I supposed to do to keep busy without running the grill? Who makes the operation go?”

“That’s what I use my kids for. They’re the ones who have to do the chores in my stead once in a while because of all the time I spend parenting and mentoring them. If I want a sandwich, they will have to make one for me occasionally.”

“Is that the reason why your family tree keeps growing? Increase the labor force?”

“Nah, it’s probably just dumb luck. Or some nameless author who can’t make up his mind on my family’s size. Eh, I’ll stick with the first explanation.”

“Adding any more workers for the future?” Tex asked.

“You’d have to ask my wife about that one,” Gark said. “Which leads me to ask why I always have these weird conversations with you, Tex.”

“Hey, anything crazy enough to get me to stop thinking about how I got stabbed and landed in the hospital for over a week works. Gets my mind off things for a little while.”

“Limmie should do that for you.”

“You’d better win this week. Maybe I’d be healthy enough next week to at least show up to the Diner and run the operation. After all, you have a large-enough labor force to get by on the grill.”

“Last time I let Galin try to grill something, it ended up more burned than Darth Vader on Mustafar.”

“But he’d have an excellent teacher to guide him here, unlike then.”

“You’re sounding more and more like the food critic I have at home.”

“Well, I am pretty talented.”

“Or you have a big mouth.”

“All the better to eat when I’m not doing anything else. Like right now.”

“You going to be alright on your own?” Gark asked.

“I’m sure I’ll be fine. I’ve got a droid or two to help me get what I need. You, droid!” Tex yelled at a small disc-shaped droid. “Bring me a beer!”

Moments later, the droid came back with a beer on top of its body. Tex reached down and grabbed the beer off the droid. “Instant delivery service. One of my better ideas.”

“You sure you’re going to be alright?”

“Not really sure,” Tex said as he opened the beer. Some of the foam came to the top and threatened to spill out all over him, but it was contained. “For the first time in a long time, I’m not really sure where I’m headed. Without the Diner, everything else seems so . . . different. You know what I’m saying?”

“More than I should.”

“Right, I forgot that you’ve done just about everything in your life. Enough crazy things to fill a starcruiser.”

“And the next item on the To-Do List is to get that win this week.”

“You’d better. We want a title someday.”

“Don’t be too disappointed if we don’t pull it off.”

“Makes the celebration if we ever win the Cup again even sweeter.”

“I’ve gotta get going,” Gark said. “Hang in there.”

“Give ‘em hell this week. You want that trip to Ralltiir next week.”

“And then Bakura after that. Not what I want to see, admittedly, after what they always do to us there.”

“Maybe it’ll be different this time.”

“Maybe.”

Trieste, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  8. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    IC: Tendra Nalo
    Location: Officers team shuttle in hyperspace, en route from Bakura to Euceron
    Time: Morning, second day after 5–4 win over Miners

“Are we there yet?”

Leota Avoy turned around and stared daggers at Tendra. “Will you please stop saying that?”

“What are you going to do, bench me?” Tendra challenged.

“I might,” Leota deadpanned.

Tendra laughed. “You, I, and everyone else on this shuttle know that that ain’t gonna happen.”

“Fine, you win. But would you do me a favor?”

“Anything.”

“Stop asking that childish question.”

“Except that.”

Leota screamed.

“Okay, fine. I’ll stop.”

Melkin Tunran walked in chuckling. “Tendra, you certainly are a character. But just remember, two hundred years ago this would have been a seven-day trip. Modern hyperdrive technology has reduced it to two days. I say give it another fifty years, and this trip will be less than twenty-four hours. Ponder that for a while. And while you’re doing so, take a look at the playoff scenarios HSN posted on the HoloNet.”

Tendra picked up her datapad and opened HSN’s netsite. Front and center was an article detailing playoff scenarios for the Elite League. She tapped on it and scrolled past what she could only describe as “driveling nonsense” at the top of the page until she got to the hard data:

ELITE LEAGUE PLAYOFF SCENARIOS

Editor’s note: Some scenarios have been corrected since this article was first posted on Sunday.

Solo Conference

Bakura Miners:
    • Clinched home playoff game
    • Can clinch first-round bye with either a win or a Ralltiir loss
    • Can clinch Commissioner’s Trophy with a win and a Mando’ade loss

Ralltiir Starkillers:
    • Can clinch first-round bye with a win and a Bakura loss
    • Can clinch Commissioner’s Trophy with a win, a Bakura loss, and a Mando’ade loss

Coruscant Senators:
    • Can clinch #3 seed with either:
      • win
      • Stewjon loss and Monarchs loss

Stewjon Metropolitans:
    • Can clinch #3 seed with a win and a Coruscant loss

Rydonni Prime Monarchs:
    • Can clinch #3 seed with a win, a Coruscant loss, and a Stewjon loss

The Denon Demons have been eliminated from playoff contention.

Skywalker Conference

Mando’ade Mercs:
    • Clinched first-round bye
    • Can clinch Commissioner’s Trophy with either:
      • win
      • Bakura loss and Ralltiir loss

Carratos Pirates:

Euceron Officers:
    • Can clinch #3 seed with either:
      • win
      • Nar Shaddaa loss and Dac loss

Nar Shaddaa Smugglers:
    • Can clinch #3 seed with a win and a Euceron loss

Dac Mariners:
    • Can clinch #3 seed with a win, a Euceron loss, and a Nar Shaddaa loss

The Onderon Beast Riders have been eliminated from playoff contention.

Tendra re-read the last part of the list. “Okay. So we win, we’re in. But if we don’t, we have to become Mariners fans and... Strugglers fans. Ugh.”

Leota whipped her head around. “Did you just say ‘Strugglers’?”

“What? I hate those guys.”

Leota let out an audible sigh. “Why did I think it was a good idea to introduce you to the Rancor Pitt?”

“I don’t know. It’s only become like my favorite thing to listen to on the wave.” Leota rolled her eyes and went back to what she was doing as Tendra turned back to Melkin. “So yeah, I don’t want to have to become a Strugglers fan—” Tendra glared over at Leota as the coach dramatically rolled her eyes again, “—because I hate those guys. So we really need to win this weekend.”

“Sounds like motivation,” Melkin declared. He paused as the shuttle briefly shuddered. “And by the way...”

“Are we there yet?” Tendra said, grinning.

The pilot’s voice came over the public address system. “Ladies and gentlebeings, we have just exited hyperspace over Euceron and are preparing to enter the atmosphere. Please remain seated with your seat belt fastened until we have landed at the spaceport, which will be in approximately twenty minutes.”

“I believe we are,” Melkin confirmed as he took an empty seat and buckled his safety belt.

“Good. Now let’s speed up the R&D process on that sub-twenty-four trip.”

TAG: Everyone

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

It's the final week of the regular season and there's a lot to be decided. :) Trying to help that all sift out is bonus potential for Bakura, Carratos, Coruscant, Euceron, Mando'ade, and Ralltiir.

288 Week 11 Results
    Coruscant Senators at Euceron Officers (9-39)
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Dac Mariners (22-23)
    Denon Demons at Stewjon Metropolitans (17-29)
    Bakura Miners at Rydonni Prime Monarchs (40-22)
    Onderon Beast Riders at Carratos Pirates (3-3, OT 10-8)
    Mando’ade Mercs at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers (17-11)

Final Standings

Skywalker Conference
    1. Mando'ade Mercs [ Bardan_Jusik, Randy "the rancor"/Justin Pitt (sportscasters)] (8-3, conf. 5-0)
    2. Carratos Pirates [ galactic-vagabond422 Mar'git "Cutty" Evers-Sark (player)] (6-5, conf. 3-2)
    3. Euceron Officers [ jcgoble3, Tendra Nalo (player)] (6-5, conf. 1-4)
    4. Dac Mariners (5-6, conf. 2-3)
    5. Nar Shaddaa Smugglers (4-7, conf. 2-3)
    6. Onderon Beast Riders (2-9, conf. 2-3)
    Solo Conference
    1. Bakura Miners [ Trieste, Stephana Adiims (player)] (8-3, conf. 5-0)
    2. Ralltiir Starkillers [ Runjedirun, Andres Fortune (sportscaster)] (7-4, conf. 4-1)
    3. Stewjon Metropolitans (7-4, conf. 2-3)
    4. Coruscant Senators [ Jedi Gunny, Tex (diner operator)] (6-5, conf. 2-3)
    5. Rydonni Prime Monarchs (5-6, conf. 2-3)
    6. Denon Demons (2-9, conf. 0-5)
    HSN Headlines
    • Mando'ade Mercs win 288 Commissioner's Trophy due to 22-21 win against Bakura in Week 6
      • HSN analyst: "This year's Commissioner's Trophy was literally decided by one point"
    • Bakura Miners finish first in every major statistical category
      • HSN analyst: "Has that ever happened before? Is there an intern who can look that up for me? I'm not actually supposed to do any work here. That's in my contract, right?"
    Galactic Cup Playoffs
    Conference Semifinals
    (3) Euceron Officers at (2) Carratos Pirates
    (3) Stewjon Metropolitans at (2) Ralltiir Starkillers

Conference Finals
    ??? at (1) Mando'ade Mercs
    ??? at (1) Bakura Miners

TAG: Bardan_Jusik galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Runjedirun Vehn

jcgoble3 likes this.
  10. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for Atzerri (28), Tatooine (28), Thyferra (28) and Concordia (28)

LFL Week Ten Results
    Concordia Crusaders @ Thyferra Force (13-3)
    Honoghr Honor @ Druckenwell Marksmen (4-16)
    Atzerri Bandits @ Tatooine Sandskimmers (22-27)

LFL Play – Offs
    (6) Honoghr Honor @ (3) Druckenwell Marksmen
    (5) Atzerri Bandits @ (4) Concordia Crusaders

LFL Semifinals

? @ (2) Thyferra Force
    ? @ (1) Tatooine Sandskimmers

Tags: Vehn Bardan_Jusik Jedi Gunny galactic-vagabond422

11. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Finally It's The Play-Offs
    IC: Andres Fortune:

I told myself that no matter what went down today I wouldn’t get upset. I wouldn’t allow a Ralltiir loss to ruin what had been a wonderful weekend so far. Saturday we had celebrated Zoey’s 14th Birthday and her first official day as my daughter. I’d taken her and several friends on a shopping trip and treated them to dinner.

This morning the whole family had gone for a jog in the park. Zoey and I took turns pushing the stroller with Juliette. We didn’t go far, but seeing the joy on Alyada’s face to be running again after becoming a mother, a wife and all the changes that had taken place for her over the last year. Even Marty kept the complaining to a minimum.

Now I was here in an empty stadium with Eriin. The Starkillers had blown a 15 point lead and were trailing 22-23 with 15 seconds left on the clock and the Mariners had the ball. “Lawco’s last ditch attempt to make a steal is foiled by a hard tackle from Idunno. W’hy unnecessarily throws his hands up in the air to celebrate. The Mariners for the win.” I say coolly.

“Yolanda kicks the turf with her hands on her hips. Game over,” Eriin concludes. “Is it too early to ask if we have a chance to bounce back next week?”

“Oh, you’re asking me,” I was lost in my own thoughts of despair.

“Well you’re the expert,” Eriin reminds me sourly.

“It’s never too early to ask if we will bounce back next week. Unfortunately, the answer to that question is not likely.”

“Not likely!” Eriin repeats in disbelief. “We suffer through a loss like that and you have the nerve to tell me and our viewers there’s not even a chance we win next week.”

“I didn’t say there was no chance. I’m just saying the chances are slim,” I warn.

“Forget I asked your opinion,” Eriin says angrily.

“Let me explain,” I plead. “Since rejoining the league in ’72 the Starkillers have lost 5 consecutive home play-off games.”

“They won two cups,” Eriin reminds me.

“Yes, but they played two road games to get there, both times.”

“So, you’re saying the Starkillers can’t win a home play-off game. Ralltiirians should make other plans next Sunday. Let Mets fans buy tickets,” Eriin challenges.

“Just last season the Starkillers hosted the Mets and we lost 13-1,” I remember sadly.

“Snap out of it,” Eriin yells throwing a cup of water in my face. “Ralltiir get your butts to the game next week and prove this nay-sayer wrong. This string of lousy home play-off performances ended last season.”

“Pah,” I spit the unexpected bath off my face. I’m batting my eyelashes to try and see again. I must look ridiculous. “You want to make a wager on that?”

Eriin doesn’t hesitate. “If the Starkillers win you shave your beard,” she squeals excitedly.

“That wasn’t what I meant, what I meant was do you want to put something on the line that they’ll win?”

“My sister always comes through for me,” Eriin says confidently.

“Great,” I say. “If the Starkillers do screw this up you can watch my kids while my wife and I go out to dinner.”

“It’s a bet,” Eriin says holding out her hand. “Starkillers win you shave your beard, Starkillers lose I watch your kids.”

I shake Eriin’s hand. It was a bet I’d be happy to lose.

Tags: None

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Stephana Adiims
    The Grande Villa, Ryell, Rydonni Prime

Stephana couldn’t help but smile. Yeah, the defense hadn’t been great. In fact, they had performed below expectations, letting in 22 points today against a Monarchs team that would finish second from last in the conference. However, when the offense got back to its game and put up 40 points, how could you not be happy?

It was like last week had been a wakeup call to the team. From the very start to the final buzzer they were firing shots in left and right on the Monarchs. It was a blitzkrieg. Jon Draper understood what Bakuran-style limmie was: fast-paced, smashmouth offense. Everyone who had worried that the team would lose a step without the capable leadership of Gaeriel Valerii had been proven wrong by this season.

The news from around the league was filtering in as the Miners celebrated an 8-3 season in the locker room. They were going to finish first in points scored, first in points allowed, first in point differential. With stats like that, somebody was certainly going to the ELL Awards on...well...wherever they were going to be. Stephana couldn’t remember. She was too happy right now.

She was so happy that she didn’t care she was wearing this ugly yellow uniform. Head-to-toe goldenrod. Who’s bright idea had this been? Literally, it was a bright idea. She was pretty sure her retinas were being burned out by the color.

One of the best parts of such a solid win was that Draper gave her lots of playing time. Even though the Miners were going to have an extra week off thanks to today’s win, he was still giving his veteran’s whatever extra rest he could.

“This just in from Nar Shaddaa--Mercs take the Commissioner’s Trophy,” Norm Hoti said at the other end of the locker room.

“So those idiots at HSN were wrong with their projections?” Marnie said. “Jeez, you’d think they’d have the time to get those things right. They had, like, one job.”

“Eh, who needs the Comissioner’s Trophy,” Lappkani Werner said. “We’re gonna go all the way.”

“You know, it was pretty nice having the Commissioner’s Trophy last year when we won the Cup,” Niskat Deenever said with a smirk.

“And that is the last kriffing time I want to hear anyone talk about the Commissioner’s Trophy or who did what or who’s going to win what,” Jon Draper said sternly, storming into the locker room. The general air of celebration was sucked out of the room like the atmosphere in an airlock suddenly opened onto open space.

“This was a good regular season,” Draper continued, looking around the locker room, his eyes meeting every player one-by-one. “We did our job. We made the playoffs. We have the shot to defend last season’s title--something a lot of us in this room had a hand in.

“And now forget about it. That season? It means Sithspit. All it means is that we are in the Galactic Cup Playoffs. There are six teams who would cut their left hands off with a lightsaber to be where you are right now--but don’t go thinking you’re anything great. Five other teams made it too.

“Mando’ade.

“Carratos.

“Euceron.

“Ralltiir.

“Stewjon.

“We’re going to have to face one of those last two. You know they’re sitting around right now thinking about how great it would be to beat us. We lost two of the first three. You thought this season was hard? You think we’ve got this because you did this last season? Think again. This game never gets easier. It only gets harder. You cannot comprehend how tough our game will be in two weeks. But after the practices I’m going to put you through, you might have a fighting shot.

“288 is gone. Say it with me. It’s gone.”

“It’s gone,” everyone repeated.

“All that remains are the playoffs. And they’re all the matters.” With that parting thought Draper stalked out of the locker room, leaving it in silence.

Stephana bent at the waist and closed her fist around her necklace.

Here we go, grandmother, she thought, It’s everything or nothing now...more than ever…

TAG: None

Runjedirun, Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  13. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009

Night had fallen over the city and the street lights burned bright white. Cutty and Serica walked side by side, dressed in their regular clothes. The game was over, after overtime no less. A low scoring affair just eighteen points between the two teams. It ended in yet another loss as the Pirates slide into the playoffs with the bearest of winning records. They should have ended with Commissioner's Trophy, if they didn't drop three games in a row they would have gotten it, or at the very least would have at least made it interesting.

But, the defense let them down again and on EoD. The Arcadia showed up and everything, firing off its turbolasers in salute.

It was also the anniversary of another event, the loss of someone close to the forward. She cast a glance down a dark alley, she'd passed by it nearly every day but, today seeing it hit her like an avalanche. Her heart sunk into her stomach, her jaw tightened.

'Eamon' she thought, 'you idiot, why did you have to be a Force Damn hero.' She'd thought she'd gotten over it, over him. It had been three years, three long years since her brush with the darker side of this city, three years since a balosar detective entered her life, then left it. She'd taken her time, let him go, or so she thought. But, this day was different, this was the day he gave his life for hers.

The blaster bolts ring in her mind.

"Don't stop running." his voice called out, still as clear as day he spoke them. Her foot fell into a puddle, a gift from the rain falling. Why did it have to rain, today of all days. It was raining that night too.

"Cutty…" Serica said tugging on her arm. "...Cutty." she asked again. The forward she was trying to contact wasn't available, she was lost in a day three years ago. Cutty couldn't let go no matter what she did. She couldn't let go of her father, her home, her college, her past. I followed her like a shadow always at her back waiting to remind her of pain she hoped she'd buried.

"Cutty, you ok?" with a final tug Serica's teamate came out of her stupor.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine." She replied swallowing her feelings. This was going to be a rough night, it had already been a rough day. Hard training getting ready for the playoffs, losing a low scoring game and recalling the worst day of her life. She wasn't being hyperbolic, wasn't overreacting. Her hand moved to her chest, feeling her heart beat faster. She can still recall how she felt when she got the news.

She had half expect him to be leaning against the door frame to the locker room, crooked smile on his face and cigarette hanging from his lip. When she heard that he was found dead, just a mile away from the stadium, it felt like her heart had broken. He had come to occupy a space inside her, a place no one had ever taken, and no one could ever again.

The pair continue their walk, and the rain continued to fall. They were going to be soaked by the time they reached their destination but, neither seemed to care. They were from Glassgone known for its rainy weather. The sun maybe shined three days out of the year there. They were accustomed to gloom and precipitation.

Cutty and Serica get to where they were going, the warm inviting space of the 'Snake Pit'. Mical was of course behind the bar but, at the bar was an older woman with black hair and wearing a CDF uniform. Serica had never met this person but, they were well known and welcomed sight to Cutty.

"Hey Kanna." the veteran said taking a seat next to the major. The bartender filled a glass of water and set it before Cutty, she knew what day it was, knew what it meant to the two women at her bar.

Serica quirked her brow. "Um I think she might want something stronger."

"No," Cutty corrected, "This is fine." the cathar filled two more glasses one for herself the other for Kanna.

All three look to the picture, now with a black ribbon draped over it, a sign of remembrance. Lifting their glasses Cutty started.

"To that smoking, mind reading sithspawn. Eamon."

"To Eamon." the others replied in unison.

The rookie just sat to the side utterly confused as to what was going on. It was apparent that this was some sort of memorial to the man in the holo. However she still felt awkward, like the only person not in on a joke.

"Have you gone to the grave yet?" Kanna asked.

"Not yet, I'll probably go tomorrow." Cutty replied.

As the three women settled into silence Serica followed but, found herself fighting back her need to find out what was going on until she couldn't any more.

"Who's that guy?" she asked possibly for the third time. Kanna moved to speak up but, Cutty stopped her.

"It's about time I tell her anyway, since she's attached to my hip." A long deep and painful breath left her, this was going to be rough but, maybe it had to be done.

"That is Eamon Shade, and he saved my life." She started feeling a knot develop in her throat. "You remember 284, the year I didn't play?"

"Yeah," Cutty's #1 fan answered almost immediately.

"Well, I didn't play because I'd gotten myself into some serious trouble. Eamon over there got me out of it." Cutty continued with the story, leaving out some details Serica didn't need to know, like the one night stand that started the mess. The whole time the veteran limmie player was on the verge of tears but, fought them back.

She knew he wouldn't want her to cry for him. That didn't make it hurt any less, recounting this story. If it wasn't clear in her words, it was clear in her actions, she cared for him, maybe more than anyone else.

Though it was painful Cutty didn't stop until the end, until she told the rookie of Eamon end, shot dead in a back alley.

Serica put her hands over her mouth covering her shock, without really thinking she put her arms around Cutty.

"I'm so sorry...I'm sorry for your loss."

For the first time, Cutty didn't feel annoyed or angry at the unasked for embrace. It was comforting.

"I can come with you to the grave…" Serica added, "If you want I mean...Unless you want to be alone."

"Sure, whatever." the veteran replied with her trademarked dispassion, though deep down she didn't want to go through this alone and was thankful for Serica, for once.

The next day before practice, before the road to the Cup began, Cutty and Serica stood before a simple headstone.

Eamon Botetourt Shade, Soldier, Investigator, Friend

Standing there with Serica by her side everything hit her, the years she tried to just lock her feeling for him away, to try and remember him without cry without feeling his loss came to her all at once. Maybe it was because Serica was there, an undetermined, undaunted woman that did everything she could to break through Cutty's walls, the protective ones she'd put up so she'd never get hurt again.

The tears finally fell, the ones she was holding back for him but, she couldn't anymore. He was gone she knew that, had time to come to terms with it. What she hadn't come to terms with was how she felt, how he made her feel, and that she missed those feelings, maybe more than him.

Serica offered her shoulder to cry upon, Cutty excepted resting her chin on the rookie's shoulder. She was always here alone, every time she visited she was alone, no one to hold her up as she broke, maybe that was why she'd never done this, never broke down. She let down her guard and let her emotions flow through.

She needed this, more than she even knew.

And she needed someone to witness it, to see that she wasn't just a limmie player that thought of nothing but of her job. That she once loved, and was cared for, and that person was taken from her too soon.

Though maybe now she had someone that could she could lean on now, a friend.

TAG: No One

Runjedirun, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a crisp and cool victory..."

"Commissioner's Trophy!"

"... afternooooon. That's right, Mercs take home the Commissioner's Trophy afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

"Mercs earn the best record in limmie this season!"

"Yeah, crazy that for the first time since we've been on the wave, with all that we've seen and all the Mercs have accomplished..."

"Four Galactic Cup titles, three of those in a row..."

"Hall of fame performances by players, coaches and staff..."

"And this is the first time in all that time that they have brought home the Commissioner's Trophy for best regular season record in the ELL."

"Last time they did this was in their inaugeral season, when Kor'le was a forward for the team, and now she's the coach."

"How'd they do in the playoffs that year?"

"Lost to the sixth seed Nadiem Chiefs..."

"The who?"

"...in the semi-finals."

"Wow, before conference play."

"Yup, and then those Chiefs..."

"Who?"

"...went on to lose to the Meredith Chambers led Strugglers. She pulled down both regular season and playoff MVP that year."

"Shab..."

"Yeah."

"Actually Mercs and Stugglers took home all the hardware that season. Mercs for rookie of the year with Kor'le and also coach of the year along with the Commissioner's Trophy..."

"Cool."

"..and that team from Nal Hutta's Moon brought home the Galactic Cup, the regular and playoff MVP and the GM of the year award."

"And that's why these two teams still hate each other today."

"It was the start of the best rivalry in sports..."

"Hey now tOSU and GV..."

"...and we got to see it on display again this past weekend when the Mercs went to "New" Six Boroughs Stadium and toughed out a 17-11 win over the Strugglers in front of a racous sellout crowd."

"They were a great crowd, and you knew that even with both teams headed in different directions this season, that it just didn't matter."

"Yeah, both teams played this game like it was a must win, and as always it ended up being a spectacular game."

"It was, Kor'le played all her starters, even though the first round bye was already assured."

"Yeah, but not without some controversy. It wasn't not all celebrations for the Mercs out on Nal Hutta's Moon. Big free agent acquisition Cordell Beckman Jr..."

"Who has earned that contract..."

"... was injured after a hard hit from Gretta Hardy."

"Clean hit, she got him fair...but man, that looked like it hurt."

"No word yet on if he will be available for the playoff game?"

"Not yet, but he has an extra week off to heal up, if he can he will be on the field."

"Anothr Kor'le decission also being dissected, though I guess in a more humorous way was her..."

"The refusal to touch the Commissioner's Trophy. That was hilarious."

"Yeah, some nerves there, or maybe superstition, I dunno, but all the players followed suit."

"Amazing given how rare it is for this franchise to win earn that honor..."

"Was kind of awkward there, though eventually some staffer in beskar'gam used a repulsor beam to lift it away."

"That made it even better and I know it's silly, but they know it's just a stepping stone to what they really want, and that's another Galactic Cup win."

"You know, I know the Mercs earned it, but I am having a hard time seeing anyone beating the Miners this year."

"Going to be tough, and the Mercs only get the overall number one seed due to a one point win over the Miners, a come from behind win if you remember."

"That's right, it was. Miners had us on the ropes and kind of let off the tibanna."

"You can bet they won't do that again if these two teams meet in the Finals."

"Long time before we get there, and man are there a great set of games in the conference semi's this season. Officers at the Pirates..."

"Man I hate those guys"

"..will determine the Mercs next opponent, and I can see wither team winning that."

"Really? I thought Carratos..."

"They had a great season, especially early on, but faltered a bot down the stretch, just as the Officers seemed to figure things out."

"Yeah they are starting to play well at the right time."

"So that one could go either way I think, and whichever team it is is going to come rolling into Meshla Vhetin with a head full of steam."

"Going to be tough no matter what."

"Over in the Solo it's Stewjon at Raltiir and I think I give the Starkillers the edge there."

"Yeah me too, that's a first class franchise and they stuck with the Miners most of the season. I give them the big edge to beat out the Mets and face the Miners for the right to go to the Galactic Cup finals..."

TAG: Vehn

15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"The Elite Eight has come and gone, only four schools left in Limmie Lunacy, how's your bracket doing?"

"Lousy."

"Well, I don't think you're alone. Most brackets got busted due to the Incom Bowl which saw #9 Norand University, Carratos take down #1 Taanab A&M University to the tune of a 25-20 score that only 3% of brackets saw coming."

"Over in the Bank of the Core Bowl, two teams that rode upsets in could end with just one team moving on. That team is #10 Grand Vulptur System University who topped #15 University of Onderon Rupings in thrilling fashion after a 25-24 win for the Pilots that saw 8 lead changes and five ties throughout the game."

"That game was nuts."

"Not as nuts as Justin following #4 The Ord Sabaok University's 24-20 win over #12 Ryloth Ag and Tech University in the Mining Guild Bowl."

"Yeah, not surprised he called off today after that game."

"And in the SoroSuub Bowl; #6 University of Csilla upset #3 Bakura Fleet Academy 22-17,"

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

The Final Four:

Sienar Bowl: #10 Grand Vulptur System University vs. #9 Norand University, Carratos

Skimmer Ade Bowl: #6 University of Csilla vs. #4 The Ord Sabaok University

Trieste likes this.
  16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Juniors Elza Trieste (UB Salis D'aar) and Gaius Trieste (Bakura Fleet Academy) confirm they will use their fourth year of eligibility in 289 instead of turning pro
      • Each has a Bak10 title (Elza in 287 and Gaius in 288) to their credit
      • They are the adopted children of former Miner player/owner Falene Trieste
      • Elza and Gaius's adopted sibling Avie Trieste played for Prytis College of Natural Sciences as a freshman this year
    • Elza: "Falene has impressed upon us the importance of education and the opportunity we have here not just to play limmie, but to learn. I, for one, am going to take full advantage of that and graduate next year"
      • Elza is expected to complete her degree from UBSD's School of Business next year
    • Gaius: "When I decided to come to the Academy, I made a commitment not just to Bakura, but to my brother and sister ensigns. I would betray everything the Academy stands for if I declared for the pro ranks after this season"
      • Gaius will be required to complete military service in exchange for his tuition-free education
      • The Bakuran Defense Fleet has historically accommodated professional athletes' commitments with delayed, offeseason, or alternate service assignments
    TAG: None, but kind of Bardan_Jusik since he loves all things college limmie

Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  17. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    IC: Tendra Nalo
    Time: Four nights before Conference Semifinal

zzzzzzzzzzz..........

Tendra lay in bed asleep, lightly snoring. To the observer, she appeared as lifeless as a rock. What the observer could not see was what was going through her mind.

Tendra raced up the field, bolo-ball under her arm. She stiff-armed the last defender and faced down the goalkeeper, who bit on a pump fake, allowing Tendra to deposit the ball in the back of the net as the buzzer sounded.

Cut: Same song, second verse. Tendra again scores the game-winning goal, this time on a diving shot around the goalkeeper’s outstretched arms. She then refuses to touch the conference championship trophy, out of silly superstition.

Cut: Different script as Tendra thoroughly dominates the game, setting multiple Galactic Cup Final records in the process as she brings the Galactic Cup home to Euceron for the first time.

Cut: Tendra rides on top of the speeder, waving to the local fans as the streamers rain down from above.

Cut: An older Tendra Nalo gives a speech at her own Hall of Fame induction ceremony.

Tendra’s snoring stopped briefly as she rolled over, still sound asleep. She will not remember this sequence of dreams when she wakes up, which is a good thing. Being from a family that had produced a Jedi Knight, she might have taken it as a sign from the Force, even though she is not Force-sensitive herself. Instead, she will continue working as hard as she possibly could each and every day so that she can be at her best on game day. The previous eleven games mean nothing now; it was win or go home. Tendra did not intend to go home, but she would follow through on that with hard work, not blind trust in a dream. So yes, it is a good thing she won’t remember it. At least, a good thing for her and the Officers. For her opponents, it is bad news, even though they might not be aware of it.

For now though, her sleep will be interrupted by the smoke alarm going off. It will turn out to be a false alarm, but the fire department will need an hour to conclusively determine that. By the time Tendra falls back asleep, she will have lost two hours of rest. It won’t affect her morning routine, which today will start with an excellent view of the sunrise in the middle of a ten-kilometer run, followed by a practice session so intense that lesser beings would be left begging for mercy.

Losing two hours of sleep won’t change how hard she works today, no. Probably the only thing that ever will is retirement. And she still has several years to go before then. The Elite League had better watch out, because Tendra Nalo wants a Galactic Cup. And this could be the year.

TAG: Nobody

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus potential for the teams that matter this week: Carratos, Euceron, and Ralltiir. Best of luck to all of them! (And definitely not any luck to Stewjon. Seriously, you shouldn't even be here if you ask me.)

Galactic Cup Playoffs
    Conference Semifinals
    (3) Euceron Storm at (2) Carratos Pirates (11-36)
    (3) Stewjon Metropolitans at (2) Ralltiir Starkillers (26-2)

Conference Finals
    (2) Carratos Pirates at (1) Mando’ade Mercs
    (3) Stewjon Metropolitans at (1) Bakura Miners

TAG: Bardan_Jusik galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Runjedirun

jcgoble3 and Vehn like this.
  19. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for Atzerri (28) and Concordia (28)

LFL Play – Offs
    (6) Honoghr Honor @ (3) Druckenwell Marksmen (0-6)
    (5) Atzerri Bandits @ (4) Concordia Crusaders (8-2)

LFL Semifinals

(3) Druckenwell Marksmen @ (2) Thyferra Force
    (5) Atzerri Bandits @ (1) Tatooine Sandskimmers

Tags: Vehn Bardan_Jusik galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Gunny

20. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    IC: Tex

“In a way, I’m glad I wasn’t running the Diner last week,” Tex said. He was finally up and walking, albeit gingerly. It had been several weeks since the surgeries, so he felt somewhat better. But it still would be a while before he would be back to his normal self.

“Didn’t have to rub it in,” Gark S’rily said. The Senators’ season had come to a screeching halt on Euceron with a drubbing that cost them a shot at the postseason. It not only was the second time in the “Silver Age” that the Senators had missed the postseason in consecutive years, but it also pushed the Galactic Cup title drought to an even 20 years. Undoubtedly everyone was restless, despite this being the first season for a new head coach.

“Maybe Euceron just wanted it more. But better days will be ahead, I know it.”

“Not as much for me. At least not in my current job.”

“What do you mean?”

“I’ve been fired as OC. Got the news on the tarmac. Guess they thought I couldn’t get the offense going in key games.”

“But they scored over 20 points a game.”

“Against Euceron? Nine. Bakura? One. Ralltiir? Eight. Big games, and the offense didn’t produce. Add in Gurvey retiring, and the staff is going to be down two coaches moving forward.”

“Gee, I’m sorry to hear that,” Tex said as he eased himself down onto the sofa. “Want anything?”

“Nah, I’m fine,” the Bothan commented.

“What’s your plan now that you’re not on the coaching staff anymore?

“Not sure. We’ll see if they extend me an offer to take another role with the team, or if it’s time to move on from the game.”

“You said you were retiring before, and yet you came back anyways. Why should this be any different?”

“I don’t know . . . It’s just that . . . maybe this stings a lot . . . maybe it really is time to give it all up and just retire. I’ve earned it.”

“25 years in the game at some capacity is plenty of time.”

“And I don’t really want to give it up, but I’ll have to think about it.”

“Well, whatever you do, you can hang your hat knowing you made it to the Hall of Fame. No one can ever take that from you.”

“You always know what to say, Tex.”

“I’m just a cook. I just happen to know what to say at the right time.”

“When will the Diner re-open?”

“Whenever I feel back to my old self. Could be a long while,” Tex said as he scratched his chin. “Trying to infuse some life into my tired bones might take more prodding than I originally thought.”

“That makes us two old geezers whose best days are behind us.”

“It’s not so bad. If there’s anything I’ve learned from all this, it’s that you have to find something positive out of everything. Otherwise, what’s the point?”

“I see you’re up for an award from the League?”

“Seriously?”

“Dead serious. You should be proud of yourself. You’ve built such an empire on nerf steaks and game-day parties that even the League recognizes your greatness.”

“Probably helps that I was stabbed.”

“Don’t think about it that way. You’re up for an award I was never nominated for. Or was I?”

“If not, I’ll never let you forget it.”

“I’m sure you won’t, Tex. I’m sure you won’t.”

For the first time in a while, Tex had that classic toothy grin on his face that seemed somewhat spooky to anyone who saw it.

~~~News Wire, HSN Coruscant~~~

• Coruscant Senators relieve Offensive Coordinator Gark S'rily of his duties. Team has not named replacement.
    • Midfield Coach Aruti Gurvey retires from position. No word on replacement.

21. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Starkillers officially announce signing of Midfielder Tomas Vigo
    • Tomas Vigo announces his engagement to Von'kedo
    • Von'kedo is currently a pre-med student at University of Tatooine Anchorhead
    • Von'kedo has accepted the opportunity to take graduate classes at Ralltiir University next semester along with a residency at Cambrielle Med Center
    TAG: Runjedirun

Runjedirun likes this.
  22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a sunny but cool Taungsday afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

"The first round is over!"

"Yes it is, yes it is and we have a much better idea of who might take home the Galactic Cup now..."

"Clear sailing for the Miners now, having to face Stewjon rather than the Starkillers."

"Yeah, hate to say it but you're right."

"Starkillers were the only team out there that could even give the Miners a run for their money, the Mets though? They just don't seem to get that same kind of.. I dunno.... bonus? I guess, that's not the right word... that other teams like the Miners, Starkillers or even Sens get over in the Solo."

"Yeah, I get what you're saying. The Monarchs used to be one of those teams too, but they seem to have lost in in recent years."

"Yeah, sometimes seems like no one is at the helm over there either."

"Anyway, back to these games, and the upcoming ones."

"Right, like I think we both were saying, Miners are going to steamroll their way back to the Galactic Cup Championship game, I bet they double the Mets offensive output."

"Oh at least, at least."

"I mean, I think they would have beaten the Starkillers too, but it would have been much closer. The Miners could go out and play their second team and still beat the Mets."

"Mets did beat Ralltiir pretty handily though..."

"That's a fluke, everyone knows Ralltiir was the better team."

"Yeah. Well closer to home the Pirates of Carratos beat the Euceron Officers 36 to 11..."

"Blowouts in both games...not good for the league."

"...for the right to face the Mercs in the Skywalker Conference Final..."

"#1 vs. #2. The way it should be."

"Hold on, let's go back a second."

"To..."

"To what you just said about the blowouts not being good for the league."

"Right."

"Well, what do you mean by that?"

"Just hearing rumors...from a few of my sources..."

"Rumors?"

"That's right."

"From your sources?"

"Sure."

"Saying?"

"Saying that...well saying that the league may be contemplating some pretty big moves this off season, exiling some teams is at this point just about a given..."

"I've been hearing the same thing."

"..and there has been discussion of downsizing the league, to better concentrate the talent..."

"Oh..."

"Yeah, downsizing even to the point of radical realignment, elimination of conferences and so forth."

"Can't believe the league would take things that far, it woud look like..."

"Like the league's health was suffering, yeah I get that, but folks want parity in the league, and right now..."

"Yeah, there is no parity."

"Mercs won three title's in a row, something that has never happened before in the history of the game. Miners went to three in a row and lost them all before getting back to the playoffs after a season outside and won the whole shabla thing last season. Now they are looking unstoppable again this season, and of course a year after missing out on the playoffs the Mercs have a Commissioner's Trophy and are favorites to get back to the finals..."

"Not that big a favorite, Carratos is a tough team..."

"Yes, and they're the team that won the last Galactic Cup before the Mercs and Miners decided to go take over the league."

"Fair point."

"You have these juggernaughts, and hey, man understand, I'm not complaining, as a Mercs fan I love it."

"You better."

"But for fans of the Sens or Officers or Monarchs or Demons..."

"Right, I get it, I get it. they see a very top heavy league, dominated by just a few teams."

"Yeah...and having two blowouts in the first round of this 'expanded' system, well I think it makes the league take a look."

"Just rumors though right?"

"Well I don't think they've made a decision yet..."

"And even if they did they wouldn't it during the playoffs."

"Sure, sure."

"So we're just..."

"Yeah kind of going off on a tangent, I know."

"Well let's get to it then."

"Sure, sure."

"OK, so we covered the games a little bit, now what about the Mercs?"

"Good news and bad news. Good news, Stargazer has been cleared to participate in this week's Skywalker conference final game against the Carratos Pirates..."

"I hate those guys."

"...however coach Kor'le has gone on record that they will be going with rookie sensation Jacen Hunter between the pipes for this critical playoff game."

"He's been there for us most of the season, the defense is accustomed to him and works well out in front of him. not going to change that dynamic at this point in the season." Ryi Kor'le's recorded voice came out in measured tones over the wave.

"Bad news for the Mercs is that corner forward Cordell Beckman Jr. isn't responding to treatment as well as hoped following his ankle injury in week 11. He's sidelined for this one."

"So expect Koop'er to take up a bulk of those minutes with rookie Kara Valigne also contributing."

"Yeah I expect so."

"That's going to be a major loss for the Merc's offense in a critical game."

"Yeah it is, Beckman forced teams to sag off of Arock or else be faced with Beckman running wild on them. Losing him means that opposing backs can key in on Arock and we've seen how that can grind the Mercs forwards to a halt..."

TAG: galactic-vagabond422. Two best teams in the conference this season, going to be a hard fought game as it always is between these two. Good luck!

23. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Andres Fortune

Mid-Week Broadcast

“Good Evening Ralltiir, I’m Eriin Dunerider.”

“And I’m Andres Fortune,” I add quickly.

“We’re here this evening to wrap up a successful, but disappointing Starkillers season,” Eriin tells our viewers.

“We’ll also be giving a preview of the upcoming match-up between the Tatooine Sandskimmers and the Atzerri Bandits,” I add.

“So here we are again,” Eriin says aiming her wrath at me. “The Starkillers have a successful regular season. Earn a home play-off game and lose in spectacular fashion. To a team they handled easily two weeks ago.”

I’d be lying to myself if I didn’t say I wasn’t just a little bit happy the Starkillers didn’t do any better without me than they did with me. Another complete no-showing in the home play-off game on Ralltiir. “Eriin I know this loss is devastating for the fans and the players on the field. Richard Vigo can’t be too discouraged though, this team has finished second in the Solo Conference standings two years running and next season we all know he plans to bring his little brother to join the team.”

“That’s putting a lot of unfair pressure on Tomas Vigo, don’t you think?” Eriin asks.

“Tomas is used to this type of pressure,” I assure our audience. “He can’t wait to play on this field next season and show the Galaxy what he’s made of.”

“Tomas joined UTA a year after that team won the college championship, they haven't gone back, in fact the team was left out of the rankings completely a season ago. This year they barely made the bottom 5. What makes you think Tomas can make a difference for the Starkillers?”

“We have good pieces here. No big contracts expiring,” I remind Eriin. “Tomas will be the one to get this team a home field advantage play-off win.” I say so boldly I even surprise myself.

“Let’s hope your right,” Eriin says willfully. “So back to this year’s team. What do you think we need to fix for next season.”

“That’s tough,” I admit. “The Starkillers tied for the second best point differential in the league. A little bit more offense will go a long way.” I begin.

“Are you saying Yolanda isn’t the best offensive player in the league?” Eriin interrupts.

“Of course she is,” I learned a long time ago it was a waste of time to argue with a woman. “I happen to know that Tomas Vigo had an older brother who played offense here for two teams that won Galactic Cups. All experts agree that Tomas has more raw talent than Bat,” I continue.

“Tomas doesn’t play offense,” Eriin reminds me.

“He scores,” I insist. “Just go back and watch a UTA game. He has an amazing long range shot.”

“So the wait for next season and Tomas Vigo begins. Until than we have one thing to keep us watching next week. The Tatooine Sandskimmers are ranked #1 in the Futures League. They play the #5 Atzerri Bandits who just beat the Crusaders in a defensive battle on Concordia.”

“I would not expect a low scoring game from Tatooine,” I state. “One thing that’s been consistent with that team is good offense.”

“Anyone you think will move up to play here next season?” Eriin asks.

“Dale Beiberman should be making all of our offensive starters nervous,” I reply. “If the Sandskimmers get to the finals and especially if they win it. Well she’s been a huge part of their offense. The top scorer, a rookie, yea she will get playing time at the least for the Starkillers next season,” I predict.

“Well you know we’ll be watching,” Eriin tells the viewers. “We’ve been asked to commentate.”

“We’ll be coming to you live right here from the Skimmer Ade Studio at Financial Square Arena,” I confirm.

Tags: galactic-vagabond422

Trieste likes this.
  24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"It's Limmie Lunacy and we have our finalists for the GCAA Limmie Championship!"

"Lets start off in the Sienar Bowl where the Pilots of #10 Grand Vulptur System University beat #9 Norand University 25-18 to earn their second straight appearance in the college finals."

"Ugh." Justin sounded depressed.

"Their win meant we had a chance for an all S16 title game, one between storied rivals, but the Starbucks..."

"Kill me now."

"...couldn't hold up their end losing the Skimmer Ade Bowl to #6 University of Csilla 24-16 in a game that wasn't all that close..."

"I hate you all."

GCAA Title Game

Dos Iziz Bowl: #10 Grand Vulptur System University vs. #6 University of Csilla

25. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009

Cutty and Serica made their way down the street headed to their favorite place, the charmingling named 'Snake Pit'. Their arms were over each other's shoulders and they were singing a jaunty tune, 'Drunken Spacer' a Scallywag favorite. Serica was smiling as always but, a slight smirk pulled at the corner of Cutty's mouth. The last week had put somethings behind her, she had let go of the pain she'd held on to for so long. Was it that pain, that anguish that kept everyone away from her? Well, it is not like she'd 'opened up', only Serica had gotten to see her smile even this much.

This last game was a blowout, not really close. Cutty came out of the gate with a burning fire in her eyes. From the tip-off to the final whistle she never stopped running, never stopped rushing towards the net. It wasn't just her, the whole team picked up their game, finally after two losses and lackluster performances, a big win to start their march to the Galactic Cup Finals. Some of the team felt a little bad that the win had to come at the expense of the the Officers, a team that fought hard to make it just this far.

Cutty had no such issues, the Officers were just one obstacle to her winning the Salbukk award. Now another team stood in her way, the Mercs. The hated Mercs that the older players held a seething anger in their eyes everytime they heard that name. That dislike had wormed its way into her as well but, this whole year she'd attacked each team like she had a vendetta against them. Now the whole team was behind her. Maybe that would be enough to push them to the other side of the Skywalker Finals. Logan didn't say anything in the locker room after the game, he just looked at the team with his glowing yellow eye and nodded his head.

That was all the team needed it seemed, they broke and made their way to their after game rituals. That was why Cutty and her linemate were making their way to a local bar. It was time to unwind the get a little rest before the grueling week of practice that was going to proceed the Finals game. No one was under the illusion that it would be a walk in the park. They were facing the Mercs, the team that threepeat Cup wins, the Commissioner's Trophy winners this year. They were going to be tough but, they could be beaten, the Pirates were going to do it.

However they weren't going to tonight, tonight was about celebrating. Not usually Cutty's thing but, Serica talked her into it. Not so much talked as forced, once her arm was around the white haired forward's shoulders it was over. Cutty was going wherever the rookie guided her. This time though the veteran was almost happy to submit. Serica was there when she finally broke, finally showed that there was more than just a surly jaded player, more than just the outside appearance. It seemed Cutty's circle of friends had just grown by another person bringing her up to three, a life time high.

It was a little sad to think of it in such terms, that she only had three friends and that it was the most she'd had at any one time. However Cutty didn't see it that way, these were people she trusted, really trusted. They were the only ones that could see her broken, see under her tough exterior. Have another person in that group felt good liberating almost. She didn't need to keep up the mask, or could just let the emotions she wasn't used to expressing out around them, didn't have to keep them all inside her, just building and building until she couldn't take it anymore.

Cutty had also come to a new appreciation for the rookie at her hip. She didn't know if it was her single minded focus on the goal or just her own pride but, she never noticed something, until this game. She was charging down an open lane and out of the corner of her eye she saw a white jersey coming at her. Cutty could recall almost vividly the way her heart pounded in her chest, the way her muscles tightened preparing for the hit that was to come. Then out of nowhere a black clad body eclipsed the oncoming defender and came to a complete stop impeding the rush. The number on the back was the same as Serica's.

In that moment she realized that those open lanes were not just good positioning, Serica had been setting picks the whole way. That was why she was always so close, always right there when a rebound came out or when a loose ball needed to be picked up. She was guarding Cutty, holding open the lane giving of herself so that her partner could make the goal. It was selfless and Serica never mentioned it no matter how much Cutty bragged about being the best, about out playing her opponents, all the while Serica remained silent, not correcting her, just letting her believe in this myth.

The myth that she was invincible, that no defense could touch her, that they just parted before her. It was all a lie, Cutty was standing on another's back stretching out towards glory. She'd been taking the rookie for granted, that she was just there to be her superfan, not that she was a capable player of her own. Sure she'd shown some skill, cleaned up where Cutty made a mess but, that was all still being set up by the star. Now though after that revelation Cutty was beginning to recall though hazy memories, that the rookie had shown her skills.

She'd fought for her place in this team, fought against the princess who, even Cutty would begrudgingly admit, was no slouch, fought to get noticed in a crowded field of draftees, and fought at her school to even make the draft. It had been a constant uphill climb for the young woman and yet she never said a word. Never cut down the veteran, never challenged her. Cutty felt ashamed, taking so high and mighty right in front of her, not even recognizing her contributions. And Serica just took it, just sat there with a smile.

Once they reached the bar Cutty ordered a Drydock and a Dura-bru for Serica.

"Thanks, for everything this year." Cutty had to say these words, she couldn't go back and wipe away the words she said before, couldn't take back all the boustrous boast she'd made, almost willfully ignorant of the work Serica was putting in. It was a little late for them but, they had to be said.

"Thanks for having my back. I'll...We'll need you in the next game, you up for it?"

"Yeah," Serica beamed with the widest smile Cutty had ever seen, "Always."

TAG: jcgoble3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.