main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite League Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Conference finals! Bonus potential to Bakura (banked), Carratos, and Mando'ade (also known as all the teams that matter who are still playing).

Conference Finals
    (2) Carratos Pirates at (1) Mando’ade Mercs (22-38)
    (3) Stewjon Metropolitans at (1) Bakura Miners (26- 12)

132nd Galactic Cup Final
    Stoney End Park, Hana City, Chandrila

(3) Stewjon Metropolitans vs (1) Mando’ade Mercs

TAG: Bardan_Jusik galactic-vagabond422

Vehn likes this.
  2. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for Atzerri (28) Thyferra (28) and Tatooine (30)
    LFL Semifinals
    (3) Druckenwell Marksmen @ (2) Thyferra Force (10-26)
    (5) Atzerri Bandits @ (1) Tatooine Sandskimmers (14-7)

Futures Cup Finals

Thyferra Force vs Atzerri Bandits

Tags: Jedi Gunny galactic-vagabond422

Vehn likes this.
  3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a cloudy and cool victory..."

"Playoff victory!"

"...after... That's right playoff victory..."

"We're going to the Galactic Cup Finals!"

"...after... Yup, going to the Galactic Cup Finals afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

"We're back baby! We. Are. Back!"

"That's right, that's right, after a season long hiatus..."

"Seemed to be forever!"

"The Mercs are back in the Galactic Cup Finals for what seems like a crazy to me, fourth time over the last five years following a 38-22 win over the Carratos Pirates..."

"Seemed so much closer than that final score."

"Yeah it did, for those that didn't see the game, don't let that final score fool you. This was a hard fought game between two quaility clubs."

"Clubs sounds about right with the way they were beating each other over the head, both offenses were scoring at will as the defenses were being taken out by hard hits and precision passes. Evers-Sark was putting up points like there was no tomorrow, and the screens and picks she was getting from Clyde..."

"She's a beast, would fit in here great on the Mercs."

"Big reason for the success this season of the Carrtos Pirates..."

"I really dislike those guys."

"What happened to hate?"

'Hey, we just beat them to get to the finals, can't hate them now."

"Oh."

"Don't worry, my hatred will be burning bright by the time next season rolls around."

"Ha."

"But you're right, they had a helluva season and really, made this a fantastic Skywalker conference finals match that was in doubt, really until the last few minutes."

"It looked like they ran out of steam while the Mercs just kept on getting stronger and stronger out there as the game wore on..."

"Yeah, it did. I was worried though, right up until those last few possessions that the Pirates were going to put together a run or two and pull this one out."

"I was too, but thankfully it didn't happen and now the Mercs get to play in a setting with which they are very familair, the Galactic Cup finals."

"Fourth trip in the last five years, fifth in the last ten."

"And winners in four of the last ten as well. If the Mercs can pull this one off..."

"If the Mercs pull off a win here, and end up taking home four Galactic Cups over a five year span, and five within a ten year span, history will look back at this decade not as the golden or silver age of limmie..."

"Which are already things."

"...but as the beskar age."

"Oh I like that. You should trademark that."

"Going to be tough though... yeah I should, don't want to put the cart before the eopie though, because the Mercs are going to face a really tough opponent..."

"What happened to the Miners sailing through to the finals after drawing the Mets?"

"Hey we both favored the Starkillers to beat them too!"

"Sure, sure."

"So they're a team that got no respect in the playoffs, and now is on the cusp of winning their first Galactic Cup if they can beat the Mercs."

"Something they are very used to doing."

"Yeah, with as much grief as we give them, they seem to have our number."

"Can't remember the last time we beat them."

"283 wildcard round of the playoffs..."

"Wow.."

"That long ago..."

"Mercs won by a 30-28 score before going on to lose to the Pirates..."

"I am starting to hate those guys again."

"...by a single point."

"Pirates won the Cup that year right?"

"Yup."

"Yeah, I hate them again."

"Right before the Mercs went on their threepeat..."

"Could have been a fourpeat of not for that one point loss in the Skywalker finals."

"Hate. The. Pirates. But let's get back to the Mets, who I should apparently hate even more."

"shabla Mets."

"Mercs are one and six all time against the Mets, with that one win coming in those 283 playoffs, their only playoff match to date."

"So...one could say that the Mercs have an undefeated record against them in the post season."

"Sure, one could look at the beskar lining that way."

"Still, that's a long losing streak to overcome...."

"Yeah, and it hasn't really been all that close either."

"Really almost wishing it had been the Miners now."

"I'm with you, can the limmie gods re-roll that score please?"

"This year, the Mets dominated in a 26 to 5 win over the Mercs."

"Ouch."

Last season the Mets won 20 to 8."

"Ugh."

"Year before that it was 29 to 9."

"Three years in a row of scoring at least 20 on us while holding us to single digits..."

"Yup, and that's just since their return to the league."

"And before that?"

"Mercs lost 29 to 19 in 284."

"At least we scored in double digits there..."

"Still couldn't hold them to under 20."

"The year before, 283 Mercs lost the regular season match 30 to 20..."

"We just can't stop their offense..."

"...though did win the playoff game as we mentioned earlier, 30 to 28."

"We're going to have to outscore them to win."

"There's some quality insight, don't you always have to outscore the other team to win?"

"Well....yeah. I mean. You know what I mean, they're going to score on us at will, and we're going to have to open up the offense and win a shootout, because I am betting this won't be a defensive matchup, and if it is, well kiss our chances goodbye."

"Can I finish?"

"Oh by the manda, there's more?"

"282, Stewjon's first year in the ELL. Mets over the Mercs 30 to 9."

"Wow. I know those are different teams, different years, but that's a track history the Mercs are going to have a hard time beating."

"Seven games, Mercs have never held the Mets under 20..."

"See what I mean? Going to have to outscore them."

"...while the Mercs have only ever even scored double digits in points three times, winning only one of those by just a two point margin."

"That's what we're looking at if we can pull out a win, a 32 to 30 game or the like."

"Over their seven game history the Mercs have scored an even 100 points against the Mets..."

"Not good..."

"While giving up 192 points in those same games."

"Yeah, really wishing it was the Miners now."

"How are the Mercs going to beat these guys?"

"You can bet the coaching staff is looking at that right now and wondering the same thing, hard to believe though but the Mercs, with all their recent playoff experience, winners of three Cups in a row, this year's Commissioner's Trophy winners, might actually be the underdog in this particular matchup..."

"Oh this is going to be an...interesting week."

TAG: galactic-vagabond422

Mando'ade Mercs announce that Forward Cordell Beckman Jr. (ankle) has been cleared to play in the Galactic Cup Finals against the Stewjon Mets

Vehn, Trieste, Runjedirun and 2 others like this.
  4. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post
    Hana City, Chandrila

“Why are we on Chandrila?” Fenrir Lokensgaard asked the crowd in the auditorium. “That is an excellent question. It is not, however, a rhetorical question. I have no idea why we are here--and I’m the Commissioner. I would know. Can someone please tell me? I haven’t seen one giant statue of myself with a really cool hat during this entire visit, so this is a mystery to me.

“While we wait for that answer, I brought a lot of shiny objects with me. They’re very heavy and, according to Star Tours, I’m apparently quote ‘not allowed to buy seats for inanimate objects when there are so many sentient beings that want to travel’ unquote, so I guess I have to make them somebody else’s problem by giving them away. My life is so hard.

“The first thing I’m getting rid of is in the Ingbrand Award. It goes to the rookie of the year. Our nominees are Serica Clyde of the Carratos Pirates, Jacen Hunter of the Mando’ade Mercs, and D’ana Themyscira of the Coruscant Senators. The winner is…
    “...Jacen Hunter of the Mercs!”

“The Grames Award recognizes the best general manager in the League. Usually this award goes to the being who annoys me the most during the season, which really seems like behavior we shouldn’t be encouraging. Anyways, our nominees are Richard Vigo, Ralltiir Starkillers; Adenn Vizsla, Mando’ade Mercs; and Aebett Zargana, Euceron Storm. Wait. I mean Officers. I didn’t say Storm. Nobody would say Storm. They are the Officers. The winner is…
    “...Aebatt Zargana of the Euceron St--Officers! Totally the Officers.”

“The Comeback Player of the Year Award is the one award we can’t seem to name yet. I humbly propose the Fenrir Lokensgaard Is The Greatest Commissioner Ever Award. I think I can just make that change right now, seeing as I am the greatest commissioner ever. It says so in the award name, after all. The nominees are Stephana Adiims of the Bakura Miners, Fu Arock of the Mando’ade Mercs, and Tendra Nalo of the Euceron Storm. Our winner is…
    “...Stephana Adiims of the Miners!”

“On the topic of Things No One Has Bothered To Tell Me Since Becoming Commissioner, I don’t know who Duchess Eldin is. Was she a Mandalorian? Was she Alderaanian? Did she even like limmie? Was she a Sith Lord? We really need better records around here. Anyways, our nominees for this award are Leia Adama of the Coruscant Senators, Yolanda Dunerider of the Ralltiir Starkillers, and Tendra Nalo of the Euceron Officers. The winner is…
    “...Tendra Nalo of the Euceron Officers!”

“The Langann Award honors the being who yells the most on the sidelines of the game or wears the ugliest sweatshirt with cutoff sleeves. Seriously, can’t we make a short sleeved sweatshirt for them? It’s 288 for crying out loud. We have the technology. The nominees are Jon Draper, Bakura Miners; Ryi Kor’le, Mando’ade Mercs; and Dash Stonlon and Ty Allin, Ralltiir Starkillers.” Lokensgaard looked off stage. “That’s four nominees. I thought we only had three.” He paused. “We allow teams to have co-head coaches? I didn’t make a rule against that? I guess I’m pretty enlightened. Anyways, our winner is--or I guess maybe winners are…
    “...Jon Draper of the Bakura Miners!”

“The Vigo Award recognizes perseverance and dedication to the sport of limmie. This is one of those weird awards if you ask me. Is it just ‘perseverance’ or is it ‘perseverance to the sport of limmie’? We need better writers around here. The nominees are Mar’git Evers-Sark of the Carratos Pirates, Andres Fortune of the Ralltiir Starkillers organization, and Tex of the Coruscant Senators family. The winner is…
    “...Tex of Coruscant!”

“And finally, another confusing award: the Salbukk. The player most valuable to his or her team. Does that mean the player is just valuable to his team or the player most valuable in the entire league? Why don’t we make easier awards? More to the point, shouldn’t I be able to fix that? Our nominees are Fu Arock of the Mando’ade Mercs, Mar’git Eves-Sark of the Carratos Pirates, and Horst Penn of the Bakura Miners. The winner of the Salbukk is…
    “...Horst Penn of the Bakura Miners!”

“And now we have...what?” Lokensgaard looked off stage. “There aren’t any more awards to give out? You mean I have to take the rest of those shiny objects back with me to Coruscant? This is so annoying. Well, I guess that’s it for tonight. See you all at Stoney End for the Final!”

TAG: Bardan_Jusik galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Runjedirun

5. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Stephana Adiims
    Hana City, Chandrila

Stephana had no idea what one wore to an awards ceremony. This was her first time being nominated for anything--at least since her middle school awards when her Biology teacher gave her the Most Improved Student Award. Back then her grandmother had picked out a dress for her and that was that.

The ELL Awards were, unsurprisingly, significantly more complicated. Niskat Deenever and Jolla Pic were veterans of the event and took charge of all the preparations for Stephana. There was a whirl of shopping for dresses, shoes, and handbags. They had tested makeup and reviewed hairstyles to be applied the day of on Chandrila. It had almost been enough to get Stephana to forget the travesty that had been the Solo Conference Championship game. By the end, it hadn’t even been close. Stewjon. Of all teams, it had to be Stewjon. That stung. Stephana knew she’d missed tackles and gotten caught out of position more times than she wanted to admit. Even though Draper had told them that no one being was to blame, that it had been a bad game by all of them at the wrong time, she couldn’t help but feel like she was responsible for the end of the team’s title defense.

Now, here she was, sitting in her dark blue dress (Niskat and Jolla had insisted that color coordination with the team colors was clutch and Stephana hadn’t argued as blue was a nice way to pay homage to her Ralltiirian roots as well), black heels, hair straightened from its natural natural kinks into waves, and Vjun fox necklace. Comeback Player of the Year was about to be called and she realized why these purses were called clutches as she gripped hers.

Her competition was stiff. Fu Arock, a triple Salbukk winner, headed to the Galactic Cup Final for yet another time in his storied career, one of the greatest players of his age. A Comeback Award would round out his Hall of Fame bio nicely. Then there was Tendra Nalo. No player had ever worked as hard as Nalo had with so little to show for it. She had single-handedly exposed Hapes’ gender discrimination and was a big reason why the Officers were in the Elite League today, let alone making the playoffs. That was all on top of losing her father in the Euceron Stadium disaster. Against such heavy hitters, what chance did Stephana have?

Even so, she couldn’t help but squirm nervously in her seat. She was the first of the three Miner nominees to find out their fate. At least she wasn’t Horst--he was going to have to wait all the way to the last award. They always gave the Salbukk out last. Then again, Horst seemed genuinely happy just to be here. He’d brought snacks and was laughing even at the Commissioner’s terrible attempts at humor.

I wish I had snacks, Stephana thought.

Against her will, her pulse quickened as the Commissioner read the Comeback Player of the Year nominees were read. Her name was first and as she heard her fellow nominees mentioned she knew she didn’t have a chance. She wished she wasn’t so anxious. She wasn’t going to win. She couldn’t. She was a reserve player, not even a starter. She didn’t deserve it. She--

“The winner is Stephana Adiims of the Bakura Miners!”

Stephana put a hand over her mouth. It was an automatic reaction generated by shock. Her teammates were on their feet around her, applauding with the entire auditorium. For the first time since Dr. May had cleared her to practice, her legs weren’t working.

“Come on Adiims,” Draper said, taking her hand to raise her out of her seat. Somehow her body obeyed, though Stephana couldn’t say how. It was as if the Force had taken control of her. Now she was walking down the aisle and up the stairs to the stage. The Commissioner was shaking her hand and someone put a trophy into her arms. Then, all at once, she became aware of the beings in the rows of seats, looking at her. Her breath caught in her chest.

Yet somehow words started coming out of her mouth. “Wow...uh...I didn’t really think I was going to win this...so I didn’t really think about what I was going to say. I guess I should thank my teammates, especially all my fellow defenders. After all, they had to come out for me to get playing time. I’m here because of them.

“I am so grateful to Coach Draper, to Quinn Cundertol, to the Miners organization for giving me the opportunity that was this season. They kept me on during a tough time last year when they could have cut me and I hope they feel their trust in me paid off.”

Stephana shifted the trophy to the crook of one arm as she searched for something more to say. Her other hand wandered up to her necklace, as it so often did. And, like usual, she found the strength to keep going.

“There’s one being above all who I should thank…”

Cambrielle, Ralltiir

“Stephana.”

The voice was weak, but it brought Stephana out of her sleep. She must have dozed off while sitting in the hospital chair. In the bed next to her was the failing body of her grandmother, whose drawn, lined face was turned towards Stephana.

“Grandma,” Stephana said, rousing herself fully and sitting up.

“What are you doing here girl?” her grandmother asked. Her voice was strained and sometimes she had to swallow between words to get it all out. “Don’t you have class?”

“I’m not leaving.” The doctors had said the end would come soon. “Terminal.” “Inoperable.” “Nothing More.” “Peace.” These were the words they used. They used every word but the only one that mattered: death.

“Don’t be stupid,” her grandmother protested. “I didn’t drive you to all those limmie practices just for you to fail out of U of R because you were staying up all night with me.”

“That’s precisely why I am staying,” Stephana replied. “You were always there for me. It’s my turn.”

Her grandmother closed her eyes for a few long seconds. “Oh girl. My girl…” Stephana could see a couple of tears trickle down her grandmother’s face. She took a tissue and gently reached up to blot them away. Her grandmother opened her eyes again and her gaze was weary. “I sat in that very seat with your mother so many years ago. I don’t care what the doctors said. It wasn’t the drugs. It was a broken heart. She never got over your father walking out on her. He never deserved her love, but that’s the thing, isn’t it? But there was still a little bit of her left inside at the end. I held her hand and promised I would look after you, no matter what. I told her I’d do better this time. You know what she said?”

“No,” Stephana said. Now she was the one crying. They never talked about her parents and how Stephana had come to live with her grandmother, the only being she’d had left in the galaxy.

“She said I did fine. It was all her fault. All her fault. But she was wrong. I could have done more. I could have been there. I could have said something, in the early days. Maybe things would have been different.” She reached out to Stephana and she clutched that frail bony hand. “But at least I can go knowing I got it right. I’ll tell your mother that you’re gonna be okay. You’re gonna be okay.”

“I don’t know what I’m supposed to do without you.”

“You’re going to go to class and you’re going to graduate and you’re going to play limmie and you’re going to be smart. That’s what you’re going to do. You’re going to remember one day you won’t play limmie anymore and you’ll be ready for that day. You’ll figure it out.” Her grandmother smiled. “You’ll make us proud.”

“I just...I just…” Stephana stammered.

“My necklace,” her grandmother said. “Take it.”

“No,” Stephana said.

“My mother gave it to me, and her mother gave it to her, and so on. When I wore it, I thought of her and I always knew what I should do. When you wear it, you’ll know. You’ll have what you need whenever you need it. The strength of a gundark, the cunning of a vjun fox, the legs of an eopie. You’ll remember the strong women who came before you. They’ll be inside you...and I will too.”

“But if I take it…” Stephana said softly, “...I’ll have to admit that you’re going to die.”

“Give me one last moment to be proud of you, Stephana,” her grandmother asked.

Wordlessly, with shaking hands, Stephana undid the clasp of the Vjun fox head necklace her grandmother had worn as long as she could remember. She reached behind her neck and hooked the two strands together and felt the weight of the pendant rest against her chest.

“Now, you’re going to go to class, aren’t you?” her grandmother said, her voice fading away.

“Soon, grandmother, soon…”

“My grandmother raised me from the earliest days I can remember,” Stephana told the audience. “Without her, I wouldn’t be here today. She worked and sacrificed almost every day of her life to get me here. I owe everything I have, everything I am. It is a debt I will never repay.

“Over ten years ago, when I was playing Little League Limmie, I sat with her and watched as Kaitlyn Vehn held the Zumtak Award and proposed it be renamed for Martin Vigo, to honor his life and achievements. As black Ralltiirian women, we were, and I still am proud, to know that someone like us would be synonymous with the best of what the Elite League had to offer for years to come.

“Tonight, in memory of my grandmother, I ask that Elite League Limmie make me the last recipient of the Comeback Player of the Year Award. Next year, I hope that we will have the first recipient of the Nalo Award, honoring the Elite League being who has overcome trials and tribulations in the last year. Not only would this award honor my fellow nominee, Tendra Nalo, who has twice won this award, but it would more importantly honor her father, a great being who not only played and coached this game well, but gave his life in service to his planet and limmie fans.

“Thank you all. Thank you,” Stephana finished, lifting the trophy to emphasize her gratitude.

When she was off stage, the applause dying down behind her she put the trophy down on a side table and paused to weep that her grandmother was not here to see this.

I know you’d be proud, Stephana thought. [/i]This one’s for you. And one day it’ll be the Cup. I promise you that. I promise.[/i]

Stephana started a sweep of all the Miner nominations. Jon Draper took home the Langann, the charismatic coach promising that “this is only the beginning” of his tenure, even though the Miners fell short against the upstart Mets.

However, Stephana was overshadowed by Horst Penn’s acceptance of the Salbukk Award. Like always, he was ecstatic about just being at the awards. Not only did he hug his fellow nominee Fu Arock (Stephana did not understand his man crush on the Merc) after some initial confusion, but he dashed back to his seat to grab a baby carrier before accepting his award. It wasn’t until he finished thanking everyone from the sales staff at the local ice cream parlor for his pregame triple scoop sundaes to Figrin D’aan for making awesome dance music to his wife for reminding him to wear pants every day that he suddenly thought to say, “Oh yeah! I almost forgot! I gave my wife the night off because she just gave birth this week, so I said I’d watch our kid for her. I forgot to mention I was going to Chandrila, so she’s probably wondering where I’ve been for the last two days. Hi honey! This is where I am! Also, galaxy, please meet my son for the very first time, Quill!”

Horst held his infant son up and waved the baby’s arm at the crowd. That was when it hit Stephana.

Quill Penn.

She facepalmed.

Salis D’aar, Bakura
    Weeks later

“I believe you’ll find everything to be as your agent and I negotiated,” Quinn Cundertol said with his patrician drawl that made him seem perpetually uninterested in anything.

Stephana sat in the general manager’s office. In front of her was the electronic copy of her new contract with the Miners. It was for three years with a significant pay increase.

“You have done everything we could have asked of you,” Jon Draper said. He was seated next to Cundertol’s desk and boring into her eyes with intense focus. “We’ve got a lot of expiring contracts this season and we had to make some tough decisions, but keeping you on was a no brainer. You’re going to start at Center Half Back. Ponie’s retiring--she wanted one more bite at the apple before she hung up her cleats. She’d discussed it with us before the end of the season, so we’d been evaluating replacements all season.”

“Yes, quite,” Cundertol said, looking out the window of his office as if this conversation wasn’t fully engaging his mind. “We wanted to see how hard you would play as a reserve, see how much you wanted it. Quite a bit, it turns out…”

Stephana picked up the stylus and signed the contract. “Well then I’m your woman.” She extended her hand to Draper, who shook it firmly.

“We’re going to do great things together, Adiims,” Draper said.

“That’s my plan,” Stephana said.

“As it is mine,” Cundertol said as he shook her hand. “See you at training camp. Send the next one in, would you?”

Stephana stepped out of Cundertol’s office with a spring in her step. The galaxy was a brighter place, even though it was overcast outside the Miners’ offices. The air was crisper. Life was good.

“He’s ready for you,” she told the being on the couch.

With head held high, Stephana walked down the hallway to the lifts. Halfway there, she pumped her fist in the air.

We did it Grandma. We did it.

My palms are sweaty. I rub them with my index fingers and feel the slick perspiration. For the third time, I check my reflection in the transparisteel window. My father always says you don’t get a second chance at a first impression. While this isn’t actually my first impression, it still pretty much is. I know what’s coming.

I check to make sure the curls haven’t fallen out of my purple hair since I set them this morning. Mom always said I was lucky I got Dad’s hair’s (in every property but its blue color) because that’s what made her fall in love with him, but I don’t really. I think she was just happy I didn’t get red hair like her. Even though I don’t think her red hair clashes with her pink skin, she always talks about dying it, but she never does.

I look at my complexion to make sure I don’t have to touch up my make up. It’s hard to get cosmetics for my cherry skin on Bakura since they cater to Human skin tones, even at The Rivers department store. It was easier on Cloud City since they’re used to entertaining non-humans (and do they entertain there--wow). I have to order through the HoloNet. Luckily, Mom had already learned these things by the time I was born and part of my teenage rites of passage were learning these things from her.

“You look great,” a voice says behind me.

I turn around and see Cundertol’s assistant sitting at her desk. I forgot she was there. It speaks to how nervous I am, seeing as she offered me a glass of water twice since I arrived.

“I hope so,” I admit.

“Don’t worry. He wouldn’t have noticed if you were wearing pajamas. Speaking of, I really should wear them to work some time…” the assistant says absentmindedly, “...it’d be so much more comfortable…”

I take a deep breath. “Okay. Here I go.”

“You’ll do great!” the assistant encourages me in the second before the door opens.

Jon Draper is sitting next to the desk with that handsome, rugged face of his. What humanoid wouldn’t have her heart throb looking at him in his Langann-winning glory? But I can’t think about that. If all goes well, he’s going to be my new boss in a few minutes. And then...there he is…

When I was five years old, he became the general manager of the Miners. He’s basically been GM for my entire life. He’s won seven Solo Conference championships, five Commissioner’s Trophies, been nominated for the Grames seven times, won the Grames Award three times, and won the Galactic Cup four times. Standing before me, for all intents and purposes, is Miners limmie.

I am in the same room as my hero. I almost can’t speak.

“Ms. Quinn, please sit down,” Cundertol says, turning away from the window to look at me.

Against every thought in my brain, I giggle. “I’m sorry,” I say, trying to get control of myself. “It’s just…” I giggle again. “...that’s funny.”

Cundertol raises an eyebrow. “I fail to find the humor.”

“It’s just...my name is Quinn and your name is Quinn so it’s like…” I giggle again. I am blowing it. I am so blowing it.

“Now that we have that scintillating tidbit out of the way, perhaps we can get to business?” Cundertol suggests archly.

I tell myself to get a grip. This is my future we’re about to discuss.

“As you’ll see here,” Cundertol says, sliding a datapad forward, “we’ve extended your entry level deal for two more seasons. This team made an investment in your future by developing you with the Cloud City Sky Captains. We feel it’s only fair that you commit to us for another two years.”

“I spoke with the coaches on Cloud City. They said you’re ready for the ELL. They said your Helmsman nomination was no fluke,” Jon Draper says. “We expect you to compete for the open spot at Right Half Forward.”

“We’re not bringing Quint back,” Cundertol explains.

“Last season we were the top offense in the League. I intend to keep us that way,” Draper says seriously. “I expect you to fit in our scheme, but to bring a new element so teams can’t just defend us based on last year’s tape. Do you understand?”

I gulp and nod vigorously. Somehow Draper doesn’t seem as handsome as he does on the HoloNet. He seems scary.

“I hope you will make the most of this opportunity,” Cundertol says, looking straight at me. I’m almost afraid to meet his eyes. I wonder if he might bore through me if I do. “Playing for the Miners is a privilege.”

“I know, Mr. Cundertol,” I say, gathering every ounce of professionalism I can. “I grew up dreaming about it.”

“Then all you need to do is sign,” he indicates with a wave of his hand.

I hurriedly grasp the stylus and scrawl, Harleen Quinn on the dotted line.

Goodbye Cloud City, hello Bakura.

My life is finally beginning.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik jcgoble3 Runjedirun

Me approved!

Name: Harleen “Harle” Quinn
    Species: Zeltron
    Birth Year: 265
    Physical appearance: Red skin, purple hair, 1.67 meters tall
    [​IMG]
    Homeworld: Bakura
    Relation to Team: Player
    Brief Biography: Born to middle-class Zeltron immigrants to Bakura, Harle (pronouned with a strong E in the Zeltron language), would be an otherwise regular Bakuran girl if she didn’t belong to the 5% of the population that was non-Human--and if she wasn’t super good at limmie.

Harle played for the Prytis College of Natural Sciences and was nominated for the Helmsman Award as one of the top players in college limmie in 286. The Bakura Miners, the team she grew up rooting for, drafted her with their first overall pick in 287. Even though Quinn was considered one of the top forwards in her draft, the team elected to send her to the Cloud City Sky Captains for development.

Now she’s been called up the Miners, everything she’s always dreamed about is coming true. Nothing is going to stop her now.

6. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! On location from the Mercs watch party in the oyu'baat cafe!"

"Oya, oya, oya!"

"It's Galactic Cup day..."

"Oya, oya, oya!"

"...so welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker and Ken Kitterich back holding down the fort doing...studio stuff. oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

"This is it, gameday man, one last match on the pitch for the Cup!"

"Oya, oya, oya!"

"I'm excited!"

"Oya, oya, oya!"

"You're excited, I'm excited, they're..."

"Oya, oya, oya!"

"...excited. Everyone looking forward to what should be a great game starting here in what...a little over four hours from now?"

"Oya, oya, oya!"

"But before we move on today's game, let's talk about the season awards which were announced..."

"Jacen Hunter your rookie of the year!"

"Oya, oya, oya!"

"Hey I was getting to that."

"Sorry, just excited, such an amazing story...."

"Last pick of last year's draft..."

"Mr. Irrelevant!"

"Relegated to a developmental role with Cloud City..."

"Cloud City of all places!"

"Then traded to the Mercs when Stargazer, a spectacular 'keeper went down with injury."

"He was supposed be a place holder until she came back!"

"And now he finds himself the winner of the Ingbrand Award for rookie of the year and will be the starting 'keeper for the Skywalker Confernce Champion Mando'ade Mercs as they vie for the Galactic Cup here in a few hours."

"Oya, oya, oya!"

"It's an amazing, an amazing story, and what an awards show!"

"It was great, always is, but this was...well there were some fun moments."

"Did you see how Arock started to get up to accept the Salbukk before it was announced, and then had to sit back down when Penn won?"

"That was...well he's used to it I suppose, but that was good."

"It was even better when Penn kept looking at him even afterwards for a moment, expecting Arock was going to accept it anyway!"

"That guy...his poor kids."

"But a great guy to have in the clubhouse..."

"Arock seemed taken aback by the hug he got from him at first, but then he flashed that smile and he seemed to really embrace the man crush there."

"Like I said, great guy to have in the clubhouse, a glue guy..."

"And then with that talent, no wonder he won league MVP."

"Yeah really no surprise there..."

Roughly an hour later

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"The GCAA Title game last night will go down as one of the greatest..."

"Instant classic."

"...games in collegeiate sports history."

"I..."

"GVSU scored five unanswered points late in regulation to tie the score at 22 all and force overtime..."

"...actually died a little right there."

"...which is where the game really got interesting..."

"Couldn't believe it."

"...as the Pilots continued their hot streak scoring the first three points of the OT period before Csilla scored one of their own. GVSU added another late but Csilla tied it on a last second 'netter that brought the first OT period to a close with the score tied 26 all."

"I believed that even less..."

"The two teams traded punches all the way through the second overtime, each putting in six points which led to a third OT period with the two teams still tied at 32."

"That's when I finished off the ne'tra gal and broke out the tihaar."

"Csilla scored the first four points of the 3rd overtime, but GVSU fought back scoring four points in under a minute to force an unprecedented fourth overtime."

"And that's about the time I passed out."

"Both teams looked about ready to join you."

"Indeed they did, both GVSU and Csilla were running on fumes and managed just a single score each, but Csilla's was a three pointer while the Pilots managed just a single over the bar point."

"Oh thank the limmie gods."

"University of Csilla your GCAA Limmie Champions 39 to 36 in quadruple overtime of GVSU."

"What a way to cap off a crazy season."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

roughly four hours later

"OK folks, going to hand you off here in a moment to the play by play folks out at Stoney End Park, Hana City, Chandrila."

"I've got goosebumps."

"Justin, last chance for our predictions sure to go wrong. Who do ya got tonight?"

"Well we've been breaking this down all week and as I've been saying all week it comes down to this. Mercs were number two in points scored on the season."

"Second to Bakura."

"Who Stewjon beat in the conference finals."

"Right."

"And the Mets were second in points allowed,"

"Again to the Miners..."

"Points differential on the season, Mercs tied for second with Raltiir..."

"Who Stewjon beat in the playoffs."

"...again behind Bakura..."

"...While the Mets came in fifth."

"Right, we've been over all of that ad nauseam during the week, and we've both gone back and forth. Who ya got?"

"Man, I hate to say it, but defense wins championships, and this Mets team, they have a great one. Look for a repeat of the Mercs week four loss to the Mets, I say Stewjon takes the Cup..."

"BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"26-5."

"BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"OK, well you're going to need a protector escort out of here."

"shab right!" someone in the crowd shouted loudly enough to be picked up by the microphone.

"But that's not why I am picking against you."

"Oya, oya, oya!"

"I know the Mercs have had trouble with these guys in the past, but this is the playoffs, and even more than that, it's the Galactic Cup Finals, and the Mercs have more experience there, dealing with those sorts of emotions and big game moments, and pulling through in those moments than any other team in the league right now."

"Oya, oya, oya!"

"I think it's going to be a shootout, that the Mercs crack open that stout mets defense and take home a win, and the Cup..."

"Oya, oya, oya!"

"...32-28."

"Oya, oya, oya!"

"Oya, oya, oya!"

"Wanna bet?"

"Sure, loser picks up tonight's tab."

"You're on."

"OK, they're ready out on Chadrila, so lets send you out to Stoney End Park for your play by play announcers and the 288 Galactic Cup Finals!"

"We want the Cup!"

"We want the Cup!"

"We want the Cup!"

TAG: no one/everyone for the college limmie finals. Many thanks to Trieste for approving the bits regarding Penn, Arock and the awards ceremony.

Runjedirun, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  7. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines
    • Eponette Ternardiel retires after 14 year career, winning four Galactic Cups during her time with the Bakura Miners and Carratos Pirates
      • Ternardiel served as captain of the Pirates in their 283 Galactic Cup championship
    • Bakura Miners announce that Quint (Human, Male, Half Forward) becomes a free agent
    • Reigning Comeback Player of the Year Award winner Stephana Adiims re-signs with Miners for three years
    • Miners announce a two year contract extension for Harle Quinn
      • Quinn will participate at Miners’ training camp and is expected to start
    • Miners still have six contracts to negotiate, including reigning MVP Horst Penn, 288’s best goalkeeper Marnie Blake, and rookie sensation Zap Dos
    TAG: None

Runjedirun, Vehn and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  8. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    IC: Tex

“Damn, I won the award,” Tex said. He was leaning up against a post to stabilize himself after having been on his feet for almost twenty minutes with the media cavalcade that came with winning an Elite League Award. His recovery was ongoing, but he didn’t dare stand up straight too long or else he would start to feel pain. It would be a while before he could stay on his feet for hours on end, and that meant the Diner would stay closed until further notice.

“Does that mean you can die a happy man?” Gark S’rily asked. The Bothan had accompanied the Besalisk to Chandrila to help him move around while the chef struggled with his recovery from surgery.

“I almost died to win this thing, that’s the rub,” Tex said. “Maybe.”

“Is winning an award at this level like you imagined?”

“You never mentioned it involve that much paparazzi. I always thought it was just a speech and you go and sit down.”

“No, no, no,” the Bothan said, shaking his head. “It involves a lot more than they show on the broadcast. Everyone claims to be your best friend and try to interview you.”

“Wish I felt a little better. Maybe I could’ve given them some pretty memorable quotes.”

“The tabloids are going to do what they’re going to do. You can’t let them get to you.”

“Like you know about that.”

“Trust me, I’ve had a lot more mud slung at me. I just have to deal with it. Comes with being in such a large market.”

“Have they come to your door yet demanding an answer about your next coaching gig at Valorum?”

“Nah, I’m sure that’ll come out in the next few days,” Gark said. “When the school decides to formally announce it. It’s all but a done deal.” He had accepted the offer to be the head coach at Valorum University on Coruscant, a moribund Super 16 program with little history of success.

“Going back to college should be a nice change of pace for you. Besides, you can talk to those kids when recruiting them because you have two college-aged recruits sitting at home. Is this job being taken to recruit your sons to the program?”

“Hey, if they want to play for me, that’s their decision. They can play for anyone they want. But I will certainly take them if they want to play for me.”

“Think CorTech will hate you?”

“That’s why I found a school in the other division. Besides, they approached me; this was their idea, and I took advantage of it.”

“You’re a crazy son of a gun.”

“Takes one to know one, Tex. Takes one to know one.”

“So what’s next?”

“I don’t know,” was the answer the Besalisk got. “Now that we’re on different paths than we were to start the season, there’s no telling where this goes.”

“We’ll figure it out,” Tex said. “As always.”

TAG: No One

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  9. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    GM Approved!

[​IMG]

Name: Shady Lerouex
    Birth year: 253 ABY
    Physical appearance:6'1'', dark hair, dark eyes, dark skin tone
    Homeworld: Nar Shaddaa
    Relation to Team: Corner Forward

Shady Lerouex is the dirtiest player in the league.

She's been fined more times than any other player in modern Limmie history and paid every credit that she's ever owed.

She's been reprimanded by the league for her hard hits and vicious attacks on her rivals.

She's been benched by coaches who were intimidated by what she brought to the offense.

She's been ejected from games for letting the passion and fire that flows in her veins get away from her.

She's been game planned against.

She's been seriously injured.

She's been to the Galactic Cup Final five times and emerged victorious twice.

She knows that she has a bust waiting for her in the Elite League Hall of Fame on Empress Teta one day.

All of this is certain. All of this is true. All of this is fact.

There's only one thing Shady Lerouex is afraid of in the entire galaxy. One thing that haunts her in her dreams and whispers in her ear when the beautiful game taunts her and asks her to do things she is no longer capable of achieving.

Retirement.

10. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for Thyferra (28)

Futures Cup Finals

Thyferra Force vs Atzerri Bandits (9-17)

Congratulations to the Atzerri Bandits The 288 Limmie Futures League Champions!

Tags: galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Gunny

11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus potential for the Mercs and definitely not for the Mets. I guess they've already inscribed the first two letters on the Cup!

132nd Galactic Cup Final
    Stoney End Park, Hana City, Chandrila
    (3) Stewjon Metropolitans vs (1) Mando’ade Mercs (21-38)

Congratulations to the Mando'ade Mercs, the 288 Galactic Cup champions of limmie!

TAG: Bardan_Jusik

12. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    GM Approved

Tomas Vigo
    Species: Human
    Home World: Ralltiir
    Relation to Team: Midfielder
    Physical Appearance:
    [​IMG]

Tomas spent the last four years playing Limmie and getting an education at the University of Tatooine Anchorhead. With his obligation to his family complete he now heads home to Ralltiir. Waiting on Ralltiir is Tomas’ future. A future Tomas doesn’t take lightly. This season Tomas will finally be a starting midfielder for the Ralltiir Starkillers. Tomas knows how hard he’s worked to earn this position. He also knows he has to prove himself to a Galaxy of doubters.

His late older brother, Bartholomew Vigo, won two Galactic Cups playing for the Starkillers. Tomas has studied his brother’s game. He’s not afraid to play dirty and he’s not afraid of injury. During his tenure at UTA Tomas was treated by a beautiful student trainer, Von’kedo. Von’kedo did more than tend Tomas’ wounds, she won his heart. After graduation the couple wed. Now Tomas is confident Von’kedo can keep him on the field so he can do whatever it takes to win.

Von’kedo
    Species: Twi’lek
    Home World: Tatooine
    Relation to Team: Player’s Spouse
    Physical Appearance:
    [​IMG]

Von’kedo is the oldest of five children. She grew up in a modest family on Tatooine. Growing up the one thing that brought Von’kedo the most joy was tending to her siblings scrapes, burises and even illnesses. Von’kedo always knew someday she was going to be a doctor. Five years ago she won a partial scholarship to the University of Tatooine Anchorhead. To help pay the remainder of her tuition Von’kedo took a job as a student trainer for the UTA Limmie team. It was on the job when Von’kedo first met Tomas Vigo.

Von’kedo always planned to live on Tatooine forever. She’s only left the planet to travel with the UTA team. The decision to marry Tomas was an easy one. His boyish features, erratic decision making and his dependency on her medical diagnosis after a game made him her perfect match. It wasn’t an easy decision to move away from her family and the only life she’s ever known. Von’kedo has taken a leap of faith and followed her heart.

Vehn, jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  13. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines
    • Ralltiir Starkillers announce:
      • Left Corner Back Kettin Hervey (Korun, Male) signs three year extension
      • Full Back Abraham Dorf (Human, Male) signs five year extension
      • Midfielder Wylma Sniider (Human, Female) signs five year contract extension
      • Center Half Back Wale Kell (Fondorian, Male) enters free agency
      • Midfielder Nina Odette (Sullustan, Female) retires
    • Tatooine Sandskimmers announce:
      • Center Half Back Jenga (Cerean, Female) signs three year contract extension
      • Midfielder Antoniio Starr (Human, Male) signs four year contract extension
      • Midfielder Biizany Fizzle (Human, Famale) signs two year contract extension
      • Full Forward Billy Bob Pitahaya (Human, Male) retires
      • Full Back Palooka (Rodian, Male, Corner Back) retires
    • BBC Cape Suzette affiliate reports that Alana Glencross has accepted a coaching position
      • Glencross reportedly to coach of her 12 year old son’s Little League Limmie team
    TAG: Runjedirun

Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

As had become the norm following a Galactic Cup win for the Mercs, listeners to the Fandalorian were treated to a cold open the following day for the Rancor Pitt, and the voice of ELL Commissioner Fenrir Lokensgaard.

"Hey now Chandrilla, what a game am I right?" He asked to a chorus of cheers from the fans that had filled Stoney End Park to capacity. "A fantastic contest between two incredible teams, in front of amazing fans in a most splendid venue." The cheers from the home town fans grew even louder. "You know, if I may digress a little, allow me to spy a little, give you all a gate...a spygate if you will...into the future, I must say the future of limmie here on Chadrilla is looking brighter when you prove to be such remarkable hosts!" The cheers grew louder still.

"But that is something, perhaps, for another day." The cheering quieted somewhat. "First...first, on behalf of the ELL, let me congratulate the Stewjon Mets..." the few Mets fans still left in the stadium made their voices heard as they cheered and screamed as loudly as they could. "...for a wonderful season, and a spectacular post season run. This will not, I think, be your last trip to the Galactic Cup Finals in the coming years." One could almost hear the smirk that formed on the commissioner's face as he said those words. "However, to the victor..."

"Oya, oya, oya!" Now the Mercs fans filled the air with their cries.

"...go the spoils..."

"Oya, oya, oya!"

"..and these victors are ones so very conscious of those spoils..."

"Oya, oya, oya!"

"...for the fourth time in the last five years..."

"Oya, oya, oya!"

"...Galactic Cup Champions of the ELL..."

"Oya, oya, oya!"

"...I give you now, your 288 Galactic Cup champions..."

"Oya, oya, oya!"

"...The Mando'ade Mercs!"

"Oya, oya, oya!"

"And so I present the Galactic Cup Trophy to your team captain..."

"Oya, oya, oya!"

"... and once again Numifolis Award winner for MVP of the Galactic Cup Playoffs..."

"Oya, oya, oya!"

"...Mr. Fu Arock!"

"Oya, oya, oya!"

"Oya, oya, oya!"

"Oya, oya, oya!"

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a sunny but cool Championship afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the Mando'ade..."

"Galactic Cup Champion!"

"...Mercs." there was a slight pause and listeners could hear the smile spread across Randy's face. "That's right, the wave home of the 288 Galactic Cup Champion Mando'ade Mercs..."

"Shab that has a nice ring to it."

"...I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today!"

"Galactic cup Champions!"

"I know!"

"Again!"

"I know!"

"It's amazing!"

"I know!"

"You keep saying I know!"

"I know!"

"ummm"

"I just. I really have no words. I don't know what else to say but..."

"I know!"

"The Mercs, a season removed from their unprecedented three peat performance, not only get back into the playoffs..."

"Winning the Commissioner's Trophy..."

"For only the second time in team history"

"...along the way."

"...but win the Galactic Cup for their fourth Galactic Cup Championship in the last five years, and if you you want to go back that far, fifth in the last ten."

"That's every Cup in franchise history for them, all won in a ten year span."

"It's crazy..."

"I know!"

"Did you hear Arock after the game, he declared it the Beskar Age of Limmie!"

"I know!"

"Should have copyrighted that when you could, I've heard they're already printing t-shirts.'

"shab...I know." Randy sounded melancholy for a moment before cheering up. "At least I won the bet."

"Oh yeah. I appreciate that as the game got out of reach how you started ordering rounds for everyone at the oyu'baat. It'll take me decades to pay off that tab!"

"Look at it as job security!"

"Job security?"

"Yeah, if you can't pay it off who do you think they'll come after next?"

"You?" Understanding dawned on Justin now. "So you have to keep me working here long enough to pay that off or else..."

"I know!" Everyone on set laughed as Randy moved on. "OK folks, as I'm sure everyone in the secotor is aware by now, the Mercs brought home yet another Galactic Cup last night on the strength of a 38 to 21 win over the Stewjon Mets..."

"A team that the Mercs have never beaten in the regular season." Everyone else in the studio said in unison.

"...which of course the HSN play by play crew last night could never mention enough."

"At least they brought up that the Mercs have never lost to the Mets in the playoffs..."

"Small sample size of two games now, but I'll take it."

"You know what I found interesting?"

"What's that?"

"How similar this game played out to the win over the Pirates..."

"I hate those guys."

"...the week before in the Conference finals."

"You're right, both games started out with the teams trading body blows, short rtuns by each that would put them up until the other team made a run of their own and then..."

"Then as the second half started the Mercs started containing their opponent's 'runs' to a single goal or bar point."

"Mercs made some great half time adjustments in both games, and that's a credit to that coaching staff no doubt."

"On the field of course most of the accolades went to team captain and leading scorer on the night, Fu Arock."

"Like I said in my pre game predictions, they were going to have to really outscore the Mets, and wow behind Arock's effort, did they ever."

"Loved the two man game he had going with Beckman Jr who had seven points of his own for third best..." Justin paused for a second "Third best on the Mercs? Is that right?"

"I thought it was second."

"Same here..."

"Arock had nine..."

"That's right Arock and Irvin tied with nine actually so Beckman's seven was third..."

"Irvin scored nine?"

"Wow, quiet nine..."

"Would have guessed four or so."

"I know!"

"It was mostly in the first half, keeping the Mercs in the game."

"Right..."

"Anyway, the two man game Arock and Beckman Jr had going on in the second half completely overwhelmed the Mets."

"They started to look tentative on defense there, not sure which side to shift their defense to, and then they got caught in between."

"From there it was all over but the shouting..."

"And the drinking."

"I need a raise."

"Ding a dang dong we're the Champions!"

TAG: no one, shabla NPC teams. Trieste did approve of the cold open and presentation of the Galactic Cup.

Runjedirun, jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  15. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Whap!

Whap!

Whap!

Another bead of sweat went flying as the next punch came in to meet the punching bag, the meeting of flesh and bone against synthetic fabric a catastrophic collision. The bag jolted back, only to be righted by its tether. By the time it swung back, another punch came in to greet it. Thus began the cycle, punch, swing, repeat. Simple.

“You’re really taking it out on that thing,” Leia Adama commented as she finished her set of bicep curls on a nearby bench. The weight room was mostly quiet, with only Soi’nya and Bill Hudsen working out as well on the other side of the room with the bench press. “Imagining that it’s a giant Wookiee who outweighs and outpunches you?”

“It’s just another target,” Christine Gamble said as she landed one last punch. The bag swung back farther than it had during the entire session, and swung back only to not be punched again. Christine took several deep breaths to let her pulse return to normalcy.

“It’s never just another target with you. What’s up?”

“I really think this could be my last year. Got one year left on my contract, and then after that, nothing. At least not on the field.”

“Feeling like you haven’t accomplished anything?”

“Exactly,” Christine said as she took a towel from a nearby rack and wiped her face. Her face was saturated with sweat, so it took several seconds to wipe it clear. “When I entered this league, I thought I would get a shot at real glory. A title, maybe two or three. Maybe I just naïve, but I really thought that I was going in the right direction. Then there’s that fight in that playoff game, then we miss the playoffs, then go winless . . . it seems like no matter what I do, we don’t get over the hump here. Now we’ve missed the playoffs twice in a row, and I don’t know if we’ll make it next year. I don’t want to sit on the couch and watch it again. I want to play for a Cup.”

“You think the team should have traded you?”

“You won’t really understand until you’re seeing the light at the end of your career and have to come to peace with it.”

“Ha, old-timer advice,” Leia said as she picked up the dumbbell again to start a new set of curls.

“How do you deal with it, being from Bakura and being bombarded with all the media attention?”

“Sometimes I wonder that myself,” was the answer Christine got.

“I feel that somehow my career is unfulfilled because I don’t have a Cup to my name, or even an appearance. All the times we got so close to that goal only to fall short. Always against the Miners. They always beat us.”

“So being beloved by the fans here isn’t enough to please the mighty Gamble?”

“It’s not the same as winning a title. I’m not the one who has an Ingbrand or Salbukk to her name like you, and I’m not the captain. My run there was blah.”

“So what do you propose we do this year?”

“Win the damn Cup for once. It’s our turn to win.”

“That it? Something else?”

“I want one last crack at Lerouex.”

“One last time, for all the marbles?”

“She’s the one who will be remembered for winning titles. Maybe even a bust in the HoF. What am I going to be remembered for, anyways? All-Star appearances? Those aren’t as important as they used to be. It’s not the same as a title. I just need some level of closure here.”

“Well, I don’t know what to tell you,” the full forward and captain commented. “Maybe I just have a different perspective on this than you, but I think you’ve accomplished things. Lots of players never win a title.”

“Can you really live with yourself saying that?” Christine asked. “You’re under more pressure to win a title because your father was a legend.”

“Fair enough,” Leia said, placing the weight down on the floor after her set. “Look, Christine, all I can tell you at this point is to find some level of closure no matter what you do this year. I’ve had to come to terms with the fact that I’m never going to be my father. I won’t win that many titles. And it’s not an easy truth. But I’ve had to do that to keep going in this job, or else I would have cracked under the pressure a long time ago. We’ve all got demons here.”

“Try expelling them with just one season and a boatload of hopes to accomplish it in,” Christine said. “All I can do is keep working and hope things turn out this year. Besides, I’d like to give Lerouex a little chin music this year instead of what we’ve gotten the last few.”

“And beat the Miners.”

“That too. Why not go undefeated?”

“As if.”

“I’m serious. We go undefeated, then we rout the Miners and Mercs in the Finals to take a title. Go out a champ with no losses and no regrets.”

“You’re dreaming again, old-timer.”

“You’re only a few years younger than me, so don’t call me old,” Christine quipped.

“Compared to most of this team, we’re crusty and old,” Leia said. “Imagine that.”

Christine kept working, kept pounding. It may have been the early offseason, but she wasn’t going to rest on her laurels. She had one goal in mind, to lead her team to the Finals. And anything that got in her way be damned.

Name: Christine Gamble
    Species: Human
    Birth Year: 253
    Homeworld: Ord Sabaok
    Physical Appearance: 6'1, brown hair Here is her bio from the Wiki
    Relation to Team: Player
    Bio: Christine Gamble is the longest-tenured Senators player on the roster. With her contract expiring after the end of the 289 season, the thoughts of retirement are strong. She believes this will be her last season. The pressure is on.

She is a star corner back on an improving defense.

She has 11 All-Star appearances, most in franchise history.

She was once the captain of the team.

But she does not have any Galactic Cup titles to her name.

She has no Galactic Cup Finals appearances.

There will be no bust on Empress Teta waiting for her upon retirement.

She has endured a winless season, a year that still lingers in the back of her mind.

She has endured repeated beatings at the hands of the Bakura Miners, whom always have an answer for her on offense and neutralize her skills.

Can one final season finally deliver her the opportunity to play for the biggest prize in the sport? Or will the game send her off with another postseason spent at home, wondering what could have happened?

TAG to Vehn , who I totally just set up a final confrontation with. :p

Vehn likes this.
  16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines
    • ELL 289 Board of Governors meeting concludes with bombshell announcements
    • Board votes out Dac, Denon, and Onderon as ELL members
      • The three teams had a cumulative record of 9-24 (.273) in 288
    • Board of Governors had serious debate on league size for the first time in over a decade
      • Insider reports say that hard and fast camps emerged on the Board for the status quo and reducing down to as few as 8 teams
      • “You were either for cutting down the the key teams or for staying at 12. There wasn’t any middle ground”
      • Rationale for an 8 team league was overall league health
        • “Teams like Dac and Onderon weren’t selling out their games, weren’t increasing the value of media deals for the Coruscants and Nar Shaddaas. This was all driven by credits”
      • Reportedly, newly confirmed Bakuran Minister of State Declan Trieste proposed the eventual plan that sets the 289 league size as 10 teams, splitting the difference between the camps
        • Trieste supposedly said: “This way, no one will be happy: the mark of a true compromise”
    • Chandrila Patriots have been elected to a spot in the Skywalker Conference for 289
    • Kashyyyk Rangers were rumored as a new Solo Conference member, but Stewjon Metropolitans are expected to see a surge in popularity after their first Galactic Cup Final appearance
    TAG: Bardan_Jusik galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Runjedirun Vehn

17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Ranked Players - 288 ELL Draft

Goalkeepers
    1. Goetz (Rodian, Male, Goalkeeper, University of Wroona)
    2. Edd Pharan (Human [Bakuran], Male, Goalkeeper, Atalanta University)
    3. Nuukroush (Trandoshan, Male, Goalkeeper, University of Trandosha)
    Defenders
    1. Jac Jeshua (Human, Male, Defensive back, GVSU)
    2. Nigel Garaff (Human, Male, Defensive Back, University of Coruscant)
    3. Jangle (Gran, Female, Half Back, Citadel University of Anaxes)
    4. LouEl Calaran (Lafrarian, Male, Defensive Back, Valorum University)
    5. Rhihush (Male, Wookiee, Fullback, University of Tatooine Anchorhead)
    Midfielders
    1. Sammie (Shistavanen, Male, Midfielder, The Ord Sabaok University)
    2. Changeferabukk (Wookiee, Male, Midfielder, Wookiee Forest Institute)
    3. Maydla Woodle (Human, Female, Midfielder, University of Coruscant)
    4. Snidis Dodis (Human, Male, Midfielder, University of Euceron)
    Forwards
    1. Marteen Riggles (Human, Male, Forward, Bakura Fleet Academy)
    2. Niall Rian (Human [Bakuran], Male, Forward, Prytis College of Natural Sciences)
    3. Ayy Gida (Twi'lek, Female, Corner Forward, Ryloth Ag and Tech University)
    4. Sage "Roger, Roger" Murtag (Human, Male, Forward, Coruscant Air Fleet Academy)
    5. Jane Chiffon (Human [Bakuran], Female, Forward, Tiarest University)
    6. Margot Credits (Human, Female, Half Forward, Ralltiir University)
    TAG: Bardan_Jusik galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Runjedirun

Runjedirun and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  18. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

Several months after the 288 Galactic Cup Finals

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a sunny and warm Taungsday afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the defending Galactic Cup Champion Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on vacation, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass doing her job and his and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

"Yeah we do..."

"At the top of the second hour we'll have KMI's atheltic director on the show to talk about the Warriors search for a new head coach for their limmie program..."

"Still can't believe they fired Me'yer..."

"I can't believe the StarBucks hired him."

"Go Bucks!"

"Of course we have the collegeiat shockball tourney set to start later this week, Justin you ready for that?"

"Not yet, my bracket is only about half done..."

"Half?"

"Yeah keep getting stuck on that UBCS/Norand University match up."

"Go with Norand, Blue Birds are over rated..."

"But first of course we talk about the ELL, and the bombshell that dropped last night..."

"ugh...came out of no where."

"...star midfielder Kyr Irvin demanding a trade..."

"I can't believe it."

"...from the Mercs to any organization, though apparently he does have some preferred destinations that we haven't been made aware of just yet."

"I...I'm shocked."

"What the shab is going on here Justin?"

"I'm still trying to wrap my head around this, but as soon as the news broke I started talking to my sources who were in touch with Irvin's people."

"What do you mean Irvin's people?"

"His friends...agents, advisers...that sort of thing."

"Oh...OK. Always get confused when folks in the media refer to a player's 'people'."

"Not a big deal."

"OK, go on."

"Apparently he's feeling a bit well...under appreciated here on Mandalore..."

"So his feelings are hurt?!"

"...by the fans, the front office, and by us in the media."

"So his feelings are hurt!?" Randy asked again, just as incredulous the second time.

"He was a major contributor..."

"No doubt, I don't ever think we said he was a scrub..."

"...but felt all the attention went to Fu Arock..."

"...shab we describe him as our star middie. What? Well of course..."

"...that this was Arock's team, was always going to be Arock's team..."

"He's a multiple MVP winner, of course it's Arock's team!"

"...and he wanted to go make a name for himself somewhere else."

"So it boils down to his wittle feelings being hurt and wanting to be 'the man'?"

"Sounds like it."

"Well then good riddance!"

"What?"

"He's weak and we don't need him anyway!"

"Hey now, he puts up great numbers, and I can sort of see where he is coming from."

"You do?"

"Sure, as a player you always want to think of yourself as the best...and especially in a case like Irvin's where his skills can back that up."

"Yeah, but to leave a team having this much success, to be a major part of it, and then to just leave..."

"So I can undertsand his motivation, even if I don't agree with it."

"...not just leave, but to demand a trade. Man, that's just all sorts of shabbed up."

"I think the way he sees it, those are Arock's titles, not his. He wants to earn his own, and I can sort of understand that. He wants to test himself as an athlete and a competitor..."

"I dunno, I just don't know. I have a feeling there is a lot more to it than that..."

"Yeah, so do I, but that's what I'm hearing now."

"So how does this affect the Mercs off season plans?"

"Throws everything into chaos." Justin deadpanned

"Well, yeah..."

"They're lucky in that they have signed or will be signing most of their own free agents this off season, the only exception being Shayne at backup full forward who wants to get paid and is looking for a starting job elsewhere."

"Any takers on that yet?"

"Heard he had a nibble from the Patriots, but who knows?"

"Right."

"They also have the retirement of Lovnivek to work around, he was a vital cog in that offensive front six and will be tough to replace."

"Options?"

"Free agency is probably the only way, though I wouldn't be surprised to see an internal promotion of a backup to fill his spot and then a low budget signing to fill the backup role."

"Well yeah, has to be free agency or an internal option. The draft is right out."

"Yeah, Mercs won't have much of a draft..."

"Ha!" Randy laughed sardonically

"...this season, not with the trades they pulled off during last year's draft."

"Right, first rounder sent to the Storm..."

"Officers."

"Right, Officers and then that other pick sent to them..."

"That was originally a third round pick but vested into a second round one when the Mercs made the playoffs."

"Wow. Not complaining, I mean that playoff appearance saw us win a championship but, kind of lopsided there."

"Not really, had the Mercs had the worst record in the league and earned the top spot in the draft..."

"They would have gotten that pick back?"

"Yes...well the 3rd round pick that vested into the second round pick. the first rounder would have stayed with the Officers, and been number one overall."

"So they would have gotten value either way."

"Right, it was a neat trade that it limited the damage a bit to what the Mercs could potentially give up while preserving the value the Officers received. In this case now late first and second rounders where as it could have been mid first and third, or just the number one overall pick."

"In any case, now, the Mercs have just their third round pick..."

"Right."

"...and that's the last pick in the draft."

"You got it."

"So...not much help there when we already have two spots to fill, one a starting spot, and then Irvin demands this trade."

"Which of course gives Irvin and the rest of the league all the leverage..."

TAG: no one/everyone that might be interested in picking up the services of Kyr Irvin

Mando'ade Mercs off season moves

• Mando'ade Mercs re sign half back Nolen Riian to a four year contract.
    • Mando'ade Mercs re sign forward La'Bron Jaing to a two year contract.
    • Mando'ade Mercs re sign forward Vera Langdon to a four year contract.
    • Mando'ade Mercs re sign defensive back Komodo Lecroix to a two year contract.
    • Mando'ade Mercs re sign defensive back Gasnar to a two year contract.
    • Mando'ade Mercs re sign half back Mike Doubleday to a two year contract.
    • Mando'ade Mercs re sign half back Paul Rooker to a two year contract.

• Mando'ade Mercs announce that backup full forward Shayne (Zabrak Mandalorian male) has opted to explore free agency.

• Mando'ade Mercs announce that half forward Lovnivek has retired form the sport of limmie.

• Mando'ade Mercs announce that star midfielder Kyr Irvin (human male) has demanded a trade. Preferred destinations are Bakura, Ralltiir and Coruscant. Mercs are willing to work out a trade with any team in the league for Kyr Irvin.

jcgoble3, Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines
    • Miners resign reigning Salbukk winner Horst Penn to a massive five year contract
      • While details of the deal were not discussed, sources say that Penn’s wife, Trixie Eldred, took a hardline position due to Penn’s MVP accolade
      • “The Miners really had to shell out to keep him”
    • Miners also resign Marnie Blake, 288’s top goalkeeper, to a four year contract
    • Sources say the Miners’ salary position is “extremely constrained” now after major deals in the last two years for Pic, Penn, and Blake, plus the last year of Niskat Deenever’s contract
    • GM Cundertol informs media the Miners will not pursue Irvin
      • “We are happy with our midfield. It was the best in the League last year and I’m not going to do anything to disrupt that”
      • Insiders say that even if Miners wanted to pursue Irvin, Penn and Blake signings soaked up the credits to meet Irvin’s number
    TAG: Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik and Runjedirun like this.
  20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Revised HSN Draft Rankings

Goalkeepers
    Defenders
    1. Sidney "Big J" Jassle (Twi'lek, Male, Back Norand University [Carratos])
    2. Jac Jeshua (Human, Male, Defensive back, GVSU)
    3. Lorin "Wiskey" Wella (Pantoran, Male, University of Carratos)
    4. Nigel Garaff (Human, Male, Defensive Back, University of Coruscant)
    5. Jamaal Dekaard (Human, Male, DTU, Half Back)
    6. Jangle (Gran, Female, Half Back, Citadel University of Anaxes)
    7. Danny Vega (Human, Male, DTU, Center Back)
    8. LouEl Calaran (Lafrarian, Male, Defensive Back, Valorum University)
    9. Rhihush (Male, Wookiee, Fullback, University of Tatooine Anchorhead)
    10. Kinley "Mighty Mo" Molin- (Human, Female, Back, Norand University [Carratos])
    Midfielders
    Forwards
    2. Niall Rian (Human [Bakuran], Male, Forward, Prytis College of Natural Sciences)
    4. Sage "Roger, Roger" Murtag (Human, Male, Forward, Coruscant Air Fleet Academy)
    5. Devanti Parkwaad (Human, Male VCU, Full Forward)
    6. Laura Flowers (Human, Female, VCU, Forward)
    7. Jane Chiffon (Human [Bakuran], Female, Forward, Tiarest University)
    8. Margot Credits (Human, Female, Half Forward, Ralltiir University)

21. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Revised HSN Draft Rankings

Goalkeepers
    Defenders
    1. Sidney "Big J" Jassle (Twi'lek, Male, Back Norand University [Carratos])
    2. Jac Jeshua (Human, Male, Defensive back, GVSU)
    3. Lorin "Wiskey" Wella (Pantoran, Male, University of Carratos)
    4. Nigel Garaff (Human, Male, Defensive Back, University of Coruscant)
    5. Jamaal Dekaard (Human, Male, DTU, Half Back)
    6. Jangle (Gran, Female, Half Back, Citadel University of Anaxes)
    7. Danny Vega (Human, Male, DTU, Center Back)
    8. LouEl Calaran (Lafrarian, Male, Defensive Back, Valorum University)
    9. Rhihush (Male, Wookiee, Fullback, University of Tatooine Anchorhead)
    10. Kinley "Mighty Mo" Molin- (Human, Female, Back, Norand University [Carratos])
    Midfielders
    Forwards
    5. Devanti Parkwaad (Human, Male VCU, Full Forward)
    6. Laura Flowers (Human, Female, VCU, Forward)
    7. Jane Chiffon (Human [Bakuran], Female, Forward, Tiarest University)
    8. Margot Credits (Human, Female, Half Forward, Ralltiir University)

22. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    EDIT: This was the college award winners post, but I got ninja'd by updated rankings with new players. That means that I will have to redo the awards so that the new players are included. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

23. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    College Award Winners

Ruy Gey Award for Best Goalkeeper:
    Nuukroush (Trandoshan, Male, Goalkeeper, University of Trandosha)

Grazo Award for Best Corner or Full Back:
    Jac Jeshua (Human, Male, Defensive back, GVSU)

Outlandi Award for Best Interior Defender:
    Jangle (Gran, Female, Half Back, Citadel University of Anaxes)

Batkis Award for Best Midfielder:
    Changeferabukk (Wookiee, Male, Midfielder, Wookiee Forest Institute)

Bulitnekoff Award for Best Corner or Full Forward:
    Ayy Gida (Twi'lek, Female, Corner Forward, Ryloth Ag and Tech University)

Lombardee Award for Best Interior Forward:
    Niall Rian (Human [Bakuran], Male, Forward, Prytis College of Natural Sciences)

Myxwell Award for Best Offensive Player:
    Niall Rian (Human [Bakuran], Male, Forward, Prytis College of Natural Sciences)

Remmiton Award for Best Defensive Player:
    Lorin "Wiskey" Wella (Pantoran, Male, University of Carratos)

Helmsman Finalists:
    Jac Jeshua (Human, Male, Defensive back, GVSU)
    Sammie (Shistavanen, Male, Midfielder, The Ord Sabaok University)
    Sage "Roger, Roger" Murtag (Human, Male, Forward, Coruscant Air Fleet Academy)

Helmsman Winner:
    Sage "Roger, Roger" Murtag (Human, Male, Forward, Coruscant Air Fleet Academy)

TAG: Everyone

Trieste and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Elite League Limmie 289: Rookies and Veterans

“Good afternoon everyone!” Fenrir Lokensgaard said. “It feels like I was just giving out the Galactic Cup a week ago. How the months of the offseason fly! Well, maybe not for fans who have been waiting for the Draft, but it certainly goes quickly for me. Taking a five month vacation to the gold beaches of Corellia helps, you know.”

“So, let’s see who we’ve got here today…” Lokensgaard reviewed his datapad.

“Here’s Nar Shaddaa. From the Final to the first round pick in a season? Talk about rebuilding fast. The eyes of the galaxy are going to take note of which way they go this season.

“Ah, Coruscant. They picked up an Ingbrand nominee with the first overall pick last year. They should have quite the youth movement going this season with the top pick this year.

“And we’ve got the Euceron Officers, fresh off their first Galactic Cup Playoff appearance and drafting second. That’s not a bad deal at all!

“There’s Ralltiir. Looks like they’re going big for new talent this year, what with their undrafted rookie signing that, I think I can safely say, we’ve all heard about.

“Carratos--nice to see you. You might be just one good draft pick away from getting over the top after last season.

“And, hanging out at the bottom of the draft order like usual are the Miners. From the contract’s I’ve seen, I’m sure they’d welcome the cheap entry level talent you can get at the Draft. Pretty sure they’re pinching their credits. Quinn Cundertol’s probably been checking between the cushions of the sofa to see what he can scrounge up.

“And finally...wait, we’re actually letting the Mercs participate in the Draft? Didn’t I pass a new rule that said that when you win four championships in five years you don’t get to draft? I guess not. At least the Officers have almost every one of their picks. I’d think it would be a positive that they have the last overall pick, but seeing as they turned last year’s into an Ingbrand nominee I don’t think that’s going to matter that much.

“So, that’s everyone! I hereby open the 289 Elite League Limmie Entry Draft! The Nar Shaddaa Smugglers are on the clock!”

Runjedirun, Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  25. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Shady Lerouex

288 ABY

Final Game of the Season

Mercs 17, Smugglers 11

Shady winced as she pulled the ice pack away from her ribs. A huge bruise, purple and yellow, had begun to erupt right where the ice pack had been. Her entire right side was on fire. She'd taken her licks before but this hit was something else. She rested her head against the cool locker room metal and closed her eyes remembering every detail of the hit.

A wakeup call.

Bo'sa, the bucket head phenom, had laid a hard one on her in the waning minutes of the second half as she fought to tie the game up. She had struggled to get to her feet, collapsing twice, as the game buzzer sounded. Her breathing had been ragged and painful. She pushed away the helping hands of her squad mates and eventually made it to one knee, then one foot, and then upright.

The walk back down the tunnel was excruciating. Her legs were all tight. Her back was out. She'd given anything to have the pain taken away.

"I know that look," Head Coach Mylessa McCloud said to Shady.

"What look," Shady grumbled as she gingerly applied the ice pack to her bruised ribs once more.

"The look of someone whose played one too many games," Mylessa said.

"Retirement? Pff, that's for the weak," Shady shot back.

"Or the broken," Mylessa replied. "Stay or go I need a decision soon. We have the draft coming up in a few months and I need to have a good idea on what holes we need to fill."

"Fair enough," Shady replied.

289 Draft

Shady winced as the bright lights of the stage pounded her eyes. She felt awkward, uncomfortable, and on display in her flowing night dress. She'd never worn anything so fancy or so expensive in her entire life.

"With the first pick of the 289 ELL Draft," Shady said, hand shaking as she wasn't used to public speaking, "the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers select Niall Rian, Forward, Prytis College of Natural Sciences, Bakura!"

[​IMG]

Shady met Niall on stage and shook his hand. For a minute her hard grip lingered. "You may look pretty but don't let that get to your head. The Skywalker is the conference where the real game is played. The bucket heads don't call it meshgeroya for nothing. The most beautiful part of this game is when you nearly take the head off your opponent and watch the life flow out of their veins."

"I belong here," Niall replied.

"I know what you mean," Shady said, "Bakura has a great pipeline. I myself was a UBSD grad, once upon a time."

Niall smirked and was about to make a snarky comment about UBSD but it was time to accept his jersey and pose for the cameras. Shady smiled and disappeared backstage.

The kid would fit in just fine around here.

Tag: Bardan_Jusik (for loose team mentions, and Trieste (for draft selection), and Jedi Gunny (you're up!)

Runjedirun, Trieste and Bardan_Jusik like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.