main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite League Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    IC: Christine Gamble

Christine lifted the ice bag from her knee as she attempted to soothe the ache in the knee joint. She had stretched it too far in a training workout, and was now laid up for a day or two to let it heal up. The offseason was only beginning, but her training was ramping up. She would be ready for the season at all costs.

The speculation that this was her final season had similarly ramped up on the media networks, with everyone wondering what the Senators would do without their longtime corner back. Some speculated that the Senators would go with a rookie corner in this year’s Draft to groom behind their star, readying the pick to fill the shoes once Christine hung up her spikes. That move made a lot of sense. There was nothing Christine had to fear except running into the undefeated juggernaut that was time. No rookie would beat her out. Only she could beat herself by not being in shape.

The Smugglers took Niall Rian with the first pick, a very handsome-looking forward from the Bak10 Conference. The Senators had no need for a forward with the second pick, with plenty of talent coming down the pipeline such as Teslaturvy, Reubyn, DuChaard, Sofis, and Aran. The midfield corps seemed set with Syndulla, Themyscira, Ant’ope, and Organa going forward. The goaltender position was the big question mark, but Michonne had shown some talent the past season and might be brought back to fill in the hole between the pipes. That left defense.

And the Senators must have had their pick ready to go, because it didn’t take long before their pick was in. “With the second overall pick in the 289 Elite League Draft, the Coruscant Senators select Jac Jeshua, Corner Back from Grand Vulpter State University.”

With one pick, the team had selected Christine’s eventual replacement. It would be a bittersweet year now that they were readying themselves for a future without her. Jeshua had the tape on him, a Helmsman finalist and an award winner. He would be the future right corner for the Senators, to run with incumbent Wahay Contar at the corners.

And it also put one of Christine’s feet into the grave of retirement. It would take some time to get over that feeling.

TAG: jcgoble3

2. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    IC: Tendra Nalo
    Time: Draft night (early afternoon on Euceron)

Usually Tendra was at the Draft location, but with the location not being announced until the last minute, combined with a sudden rescheduling of the Draft (which she speculated was related to the late announcement of the location), she had ended up with a conflict between the Draft and her philanthropic obligations. Since there wasn’t a specific need for her to be at the Draft, her other obligations won out, and so she found herself sitting on the bench at a local Little League field, the Draft playing on her datapad over the wave while she talked to the younglings arrayed on the ground in front of her about things like how to tackle correctly and sportsmanship.

“Right, and why do we lead with our shoulder when we tackle?” she asked the group. She had already gone over this several times, but it was perhaps the most important thing she had to drill into them this afternoon.

“Because we don’t want to end up with CTE,” one of the kids responded.

“That’s one reason. And what’s the other?”

Another kid piped up. “Because leading with the head creates a greater risk of head-to-head impact.”

“Exactly. So leading with the head puts both you and your opponent at risk of a concussion and eventually CTE. You never want to hit someone in a way that is likely to injure them. Even if they are your most hated rivals, you should still want every player to walk off the field unharmed.”

“Except for their ego!” The kids all laughed at this response from the back of the group.

Tendra laughed too. “Yes, I suppose that’s okay. Still, the point I was trying to make is that you should always aim to avoid injuring your opponents. That’s not to say that if you do injure them, you’ve failed. Injuries are a necessary evil in this game, and if you play long enough, sooner or later someone will be injured by your hit. Most injuries are the result of a freak accident, out of your control. But improper tackling technique can result in injuries too, and those injuries can happen to either player. That’s another reason why proper technique is so important: because the season you end could just as easily be your own.”

Suddenly, they all heard the announcement on the datapad that the Senators pick was in, and the discussion shifted to the Draft, knowing that the hometown team was up next.

“What does Euceron want?”

“Offense, I think.”

“Hey, look who’s sitting in front of you!”

“Not full forward, obviously. But perhaps a corner or half forward.”

Tendra turned up the volume on the datapad as someone from the Senators announced the pick. “With the second overall pick in the 289 Elite League Draft, the Coruscant Senators select Jac Jeshua, Corner Back from Grand Vulpter State University.”

“Hey, that’s Gamble’s position!”

“Well, they need a replacement, since this is going to be Gamble’s last season.”

“Yeah.”

Tendra interjected. “We don’t know that yet. It’s widely speculated that this is her last season, but it hasn’t been confirmed. Always be careful to avoid stating rumors as fact. That’s good advice in all aspects of life. What about the Officers’ pick? I will say that I think the offense around me was the weak link this past season, but I don’t really know what I’d upgrade. We had quite a few games where we scored in the single digits, but I do think the offense worked well as a team, and I’m hesitant to break it up. What do you guys think?”

“Looked to me like a general lack of motivation,” the Little League coach said. “Honestly, if limmie was a contest of who is more motivated, these kids would have creamed your offense last season.”

“I’d agree with that,” Tendra admitted as the kids whooped and hollered at the thought of beating an Elite League team. “So kids, what would you do about that?”

“Sign me!”

“And me!”

“Be realistic,” Tendra laughed.

“I say draft a corner forward and a half forward, not for any specific hole, but for value. Then tell the starters that they better work harder or these rookies are waiting to take their spot. That’ll motivate them and hopefully keep the teamwork intact. If it doesn’t, then whoever gets benched didn’t deserve to start.”

“That’s a very insightful response,” Tendra said. Without saying it out loud, she added in her head, And it’s exactly Aebatt’s plan. What she said instead was, “You could make a good general manager. But that only accounts for two picks. We have five. So what do we do with the other three?”

“Trade them away,” the same kid responded. “Most of the Officers’ charter members have contracts expiring over the next couple of seasons, and they’re getting old. Stockpiling picks for the next two seasons to bring in some youth gives them options when contract talks come up.”

“You would make a good general manager,” Tendra said with approval, while thinking, Did this boy hack into our encrypted messages regarding Draft plans?

The datapad announced that the Officers’ pick was in, and in only a few seconds, Aebatt’s voice, powerful as ever despite her small size, came over the wave to announce it.

“With the third selection in the 289 Elite League Limmie Draft, the Euceron Officers select Ayy Gida, corner forward from Ryloth Ag and Tech University.”

Tendra turned back to the boy who had guessed the Officers’ plans. “Good call!”

Although nobody was listening, Aebatt had one more thing to say. “The Ralltiir Starkillers are now on the clock.”

TAG: Runjedirun

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  3. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    IC:Tom and Von

Tomas Vigo momentarily pulled a lever on his newly acquired ship. The vessel chugged forward a moment and stopped. “Third in line for take-off,” he said anxiously.

Von’kedo was too nervous to say anything. When she agreed to a honeymoon at a private resort on Naboo she thought they were going to fly commercial. Von’kedo had only ever travelled through hyperspace a handful of times and always with an experienced pilot. The ship jolted forward again, Von’kedo swallowed and gripped the armrest tighter.

“Relax,” Tomas gently put his hand on his new bride’s forearm.

“I can’t” Von’kedo choked.

Tomas tried not to allow himself to get aggravated. Didn’t she trust him? He’d checked the engines, calculated the jump, “Beep, bloop, beep, beep, bloop.” A voice said interrupting Tomas’ thoughts.

“N17 is right this is a highly travelled route. I’d tell you to hold on tight, but I don’t think your grip could get any tighter.” A smile broke on Tomas’ face as the ship floated out of the spaceport. Within seconds the land became just another ball in space. Dusty, dry and hot. Tomas would not miss the weather, but he would miss Tatooine.

He wasn’t concerned with the past or the future today. Today, this moment Tomas had his hands on the controls of the MV6. Tomas loved to fly. Just as much as he used to love playing Limmie. He named the ship MV6 after his father Martin Vigo. 6 because he was his father’s 6th child.

“N17 get a bucket,” Von’kedo yelled out. The droid tossed a waste basket into the Twi’lek’s lap and she promptly puked her breakfast into it. She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand, “Sorry.” She apologized meekly.

“As long as you don’t get any on the upholstery,” Tomas said with a shrug. Nothing was going to ruin this trip. “N17 you better find another bucket we are about to make the jump to lightspeed.”

Just as Tomas predicted Von’kedo filled another trash bin as the ship launched into hyperspace. “Let me help you back to a bunk,” Tomas said offering her his hand.

“You mean you’re just going to leave the cockpit?” Von’kedo asked in disbelief.

“Well, yea. We’re in hyperspace. The ship will alarm me before it’s time to make the jump back out.” Tomas could tell that Von’kedo wasn’t convinced. “N17 will you keep an eye on the sky for me?”

The droid beeped an affirmative. Slowly Von’kedo got to her feet and allowed Tomas to lead her to the ship’s small quarters. “I should’ve taken something,” she said once she was seated on the bunk. “I didn’t realize I’d get space sick.”

“Lie down,” Tomas said gently. “Let me take care of you,” he fumbled through an emergency kit and found a cold compress. After wrapping it in a towel he gently placed it on her forehead. Next he opened a box filled with bandages and pills. “Will any of these help?” He asked.

Von’kedo propped her head on her elbow. She didn’t look at the pills first. First she looked at Tomas. She couldn’t be more in love. On their first trip alone as a couple and the roles were reversed. He was trying to nurse her to health and he wasn’t doing such a bad job. She began to fish through the sample packages of pills. She found one that was for anxiety, “This will do the trick.”

Tomas carefully opened the packet spilled the pills into his hand and gave them to Von’kedo.

“Tom, a cup of water.” She prompted.

Quickly Tomas ran to the galley for a glass of water. “Here you go,” he offered.

Von’kedo swallowed the pills. Tomas sat down next to her and she rested her head in his lap. Within minutes she fell asleep. When she woke Tomas was still in the bunk with her. In his hands a data pad. She knew what he was doing.

“Have the Starkillers made their draft pick yet?” Von’kedo asked as she propped herself up on her elbows.

“Not yet, should be soon.” Tomas answered absentmindedly.

“Are the backs your family wanted still on the board?”

“Both of them, Euceron hasn’t drafted yet,” Tomas explained.

“So one of them will be available,” Von’kedo concluded.

Suddenly Tomas smiles. "Euceron picked a forward, a damn good forward, but that means we get Lorin "Wiskey" Wella. Loren Jul risked her life to scout those Carratos players. Now he gets off that war torn planet, bet he's happy."

"Yea," Von'kedo said aloud. Inside though she wondered if the Pantoran felt the same way about leaving the only home he ever knew.

Tag: galactic-vagabond422

4. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Carratos Pirates

"The Carratos Pirates select Sindey "Big J" Jassle from Norand University." A big grey skinned Twi'lek took to the stage accepting his jersey from Schnitt Polenta. "The Bakura Miners are on the clock."

TAG: Trieste

OOC: My draft posts are going to be mechanical (Just saying who my team picked.) I'll get to full IC posts after the Draft.

Trieste likes this.
  5. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Harle Quinn
    Salis D’aar, Bakura

I am a terrible being.

I realize this is a provocative thing to say, but it’s true. What other explanation is there for the fact that I abandoned my parents to haul all of my belongings from the rental cargo speeder up to my new apartment so I could set up the Holonet first thing? Even though it’s work-related (the Draft is on), it’s not like I’m going to do anything to influence the process. I just have to know. I’m a Bakura Miner now.

Of course, my parents don’t complain. They’re awesome. I mean, they’re dorks, but they’re awesome. Dad is an accountant (“the sexiest profession there is” he often tells other beings when they give him a look that clearly says “how did a Zeltron become an accountant?”) and Mom sells cosmetics part time, mainly just to get out of the house. (Remember what I said about she taught me about finding some that worked for me? That was no accident.) Turns out Human women really trust Zeltrons to sell them beauty products.

Anyways, my parents are happily unpacking things for me and overseeing a couple droids we rented with the speeder to take my stuff from Cloud City to Salis D’aar. They’ve done their best to make life easy for me ever since I was born. They supported me in pretty much everything I wanted to do, and not just limmie. They paid for gymnastics classes when I was seven. Dance classes when I was eight. Mom chaperoned school trips whenever we traveled. Dad took off from work to watch my high school games. And now I’m sitting like a jerk on my new living room carpeted floor connecting to devices wirelessly to each other, praying that I can get HSN to connect before the Miners’ first round draft pick, ignoring them--and they don’t even mind.

I am a terrible being.

“Harle, honey, where do you want this chair?” my mom asks, poking her bob of blood red hair into a doorway. The chair is visible behind her in the arms of a chair.

“Uhhhhhh…” I honestly cannot remember where that chair went when I lived in Cloud City. I basically threw everything into a container pod so fast when I moved out in my eagerness to get home to Bakura that it’s like my time on Bespin never existed. That’s patently untrue--I had two good years there. But I’m a Miner now and the sooner that life began, the better. “Over there?” I shrug. I can always move it later.

“You got it, bunny!” she says happily and points for the benefit of the droid.

There’s a sudden noise from the projector as it winks to life. “Yes!” I exclaim. I flip through the channels, trying to find what number HSN is in Salis D’aar.

“Oh good!” my Dad says as he wanders through the room with a box of kitchen utensils in his arms. “Have the Miners picked yet?”

“I don’t know,” I say as I keep flipping.

“Maybe use the channel guide, dear?” Mom suggests.

The channel guide. Right. Stupid me. I turn that view on and I’m able to move through the listings quicker. There it is. “ELL 289 Draft.” I select the channel.

“The Carratos Pirates select Sindey "Big J" Jassle from Norand University,” came the announcement.

“Were they before or after the Miners?” Dad asks.

“Before,” I say, relieved. “We’ll just catch their pick.” The HSN analysts start discussing the pick. Apparently, the Starkillers had slipped in under the Pirates to snag another one of the Carratosian talents, which had ended speculation about which high-end defender the Pirates were going to choose. This also meant that later in the Draft the Pirates were going to have to select a non-Carratosian if they were going to select a top flight prospect. Now they were switching to talking about who the Miners were going to choose.

“I remember being there with you two years ago,” Dad says, sitting down on the floor with me. I look at him. He is pretty handsome, even for a Zeltron, with his blue hair. “Just think...somebody else is sitting their with their parents and is about to be taken with the Miners’ first round pick, just like you.”

“Maybe they’ll be your new best friend!” Mom suggests brightly, abandoning the unpacking to come into the room to watch the pick.

“No, I’m going to be best friends with Polly Malu,” I declare. Polly is a defender and a Zeltron. She was on the 287 Cup team. She’s going to be my mentor. I know it.

“It is nice that there’s another Zeltron on the team,” Mom declares.

“Though if it were me I’d become best friends with Horst Penn,” Dad says. “I bet he could show you some moves.”

“And he is handsome,” Mom sighs. Dad looks at her, but it’s one of their looks of love. “In a goofy kind of way,” Mom finishes.

“Shhhhhhhh!” I hiss. “They’re picking!”

My heartbeat speeds up. Here it is, the Miners pick. And then he takes the stage, Quinn Cundertol with his cheekbones of durasteel. The Mighty Quinn. The Smug Dragon. The Scout Supreme. The Master of the Mystic.

Okay, so I just made those last two up, but they’re going to catch on. Just as soon as I mention them to anyone.

“With the sixth selection of the 289 ELL Draft, the Bakura Miners select Marteen Riggles, Forward, Bakura Fleet Academy,” Cundertol says.

“Oh, another Bak10 player,” Mom says. She looks at me with concern. “And a forward. That’s not a problem for you, is it?”

“Of course not,” Dad says, putting his arm around me and giving me a loving squeeze. “Harle can outcompete anyone. Besides, I was reading the GC Gazette yesterday. Riggles was HSN’s top-rated forward in the Draft. Steal for Cundertol to get him this late in the first round. They say that Zap Dos was asking for too many credits after his breakout season. Cundertol will put Riggles in the full forward slot and that means that Harle’s going to play her natural half forward spot. Right?”

“Right Dad,” I smile as I give him a pat on his far shoulder. “I got this.”

“Good!” Mom brightens visibly. “Now, will one of you help me with this dresser?”

“How about you do that Dad?” I suggest. “I’ll go carry some boxes from the speeder.”

I’ll be a less terrible being now that the holo projector is set up and HSN is on. Nevermind that it’ll be a while until the Miners pick again anyways.

As I head out the door I hear Cundertol say, “The Euceron Officers--and not the Mando'ade Mercs--are now on the clock.”

TAG: jcgoble3

6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Bak10 Commissioner Kerry Trieste hails the Bak10's two first round picks, including the conference's second first overall pick
      • "The Bak10 truly is the elite collegiate limmie conference"
    • ELL Commissioner Fenrir Lokensgaard on Niall Rian, first overall pick in the draft: "I'm sure he's great. Totally great. I mean, I heard someone say that he's like a hammer out there and he can knock everyone down. But I just pushed over a little girl with my bare hand. That makes me stronger than him. I honestly, I don't know why we're even talking about this. I'm the Commissioner and he's a player, so I'm way better than he is. Now, no more questions about Niall Rian. I have a Draft to run because I am important like that"
      • Commissioner Lokensgaard was not asked a question about Niall Rian, but spontaneously made these comments to the press
    • Bakura Miners end contract negotiations with rookie sensation Zap Dos, who becomes a free agent
      • Dos was part of the Miners' league-leading offense in 288
      • Dos: "The Miners are cheapskates who were unwilling to pay me what I was worth. The Miners will rue the day they refused to sign me. I will show them, nay the entire galaxy, that I am the greatest"
    TAG: Vehn

Vehn, Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  7. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

"Gentlebeings, we have a trade," Commissioner Lokensgaard announced. The fans cheered. Trades were the best part of the draft every year.

"However, this is not a trade of draft selections." The crowd murmured. This was highly unusual.

"The Mando'ade Mercs trade Kyr Irvin, midfielder, to..." He milked the moment. "...the Bakura Miners in exchange for Jolla Pic, midfielder."

There was a moment of silence in the hall and then it erupted in an odd mixture of sounds--some indignant, some jubilant. The star midfielder, a leading offensive talent on the Mercs going to the Miners? The evil empire? And the Miners sending their assistant captain, a player they drafted, a beloved fan favorite to the Mercs? The bucketheads? Had the galaxy gone insane?

Probably, but the Officers were still on the clock.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik

8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• K’ntarrs’ sell the Rydonni Prime Monarchs to a private equity firm for an undisclosed amount of credits. First action of new ownership is the release of General Manager Romo Benedict Crowley III from his duties
    TAG: @SWNerd11

9. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    “With the seventh selection in the 289 Elite League Limmie Draft, the Euceron Officers select Sage Murtag, forward from Coruscant Air Fleet Academy.”

“The Nar Shaddaa Smugglers are now on the clock.”

TAG: @Vehn

Runjedirun likes this.
  10. SWNerd11

SWNerd11 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2017
    Character Sheet
    Name: Dawn Solo
    Species: Human
    Birth Year: 240 ABY
    Physical appearance: Athletic build, 1.68 m, blonde hair

[​IMG]

Homeworlds: Tralus (birthright), Rydonni Prime (naturalized)
    Relation to Team: Head Coach
    Brief Biography:
    Dawn Solo, daughter of Amelia and Jonash e Sal-Solo, was descended from one of Thrackan Sal-Solo mistresses, who gave the notorious Sal-Solo name to her son. When her father passed away unexpectedly, her mom dropped the Sal from their last name and relocated them from Tralus to Corellia so that Dawn could have a chance at a normal life.

Dawn and her mother lived in a small apartment in the heart of Coronet City. In order to make ends meet, Amelia worked as much as humanly possible. That often meant that Dawn would have to stay late after school. In order to fill the time she started play Limmie, first for her school and then in the public youth leagues.

During her senior year at Kol Hi (Kolene High School) she was voted team Captain by her peers and was rumored to be chosen to head up the all system team. That was until she lost her, now famous, Solo temper and broke the Goalkeepers’ Coach’s nose. The story goes that the coach made an off-color comment about Dawn’s mother. The incident cost Dawn her full ride limmie scholarship to UC-Bela Vistal. In order to keep her dream of playing colligate limmie alive she needed to find a way to pay for school, so she signed a Reserve Officers’ Training Corps commission with the Corellian Defense Force.

Once she graduated from UC-BV she was recruited by the Gemini, a Junior League squad from her homeworld’s sister planet of Talus. She played two seasons before she joined the Corellia Rebels of the Premier League Limmie helping them in their perfect regular season in 264 ABY. Three years later, when her rookie contract with the Rebels ended, she was picked up by the newly formed Rydonni Prime Monarchs.

In order to satisfy her 10-year term of obligatory service to the Corellian Defense Force, her contract included a commission in the Rydonni Prime Defense Force as a Captain. When she met her new teammates for the first time she discovered that all but one of them were also part of her new reserve unit. During the 270 ELL Season Awards, Solo and her fellow Monarch members of the Fighting Fourth were deployed. While on deployment she married Corner Back Tev Undolo.

Once their deployment ended, Solo-Undolo returned to the Monarchs alongside her husband and the surviving members of the Fourth Fleet rejoined the Monarchs for the 272 ELL Season. During the Duel with Mando’ade Mercs for the Cross Pistol Trophy, Dawn helplessly watched her husband sustain a career ending neck injury that left him paralyzed. Tev’s body never fully recovered from his injuries, failing to respond to his physical therapy he passed away not long after.

After eleven years of professional limmie and ten years of military service, her body started to give out on Dawn. Instead of risking a life altering, similar to what her husband’s, she, along with four other founding members of the Monarchs, retired. But like so many prolific players before her, Dawn was handpicked to pass her limmie knowledge on to future generations of the Monarchs organization. Starting as the Monarchs Midfielders Coach, then as the Head Coach of the Byblos Red Wings, and as the Assistant Head Coach of the Monarchs since the 280 ELL Season.

In 286, she was been selected as the Head Coach of the Rydonni Prime planetary team. Solo, along with the rest of the inaugural squad of the Rydonni Prime Monarchs, were made naturalized citizens. Her first act as Head Coach was the exact same as when she was named Head Coach of the Red Wings, she tapped her good friend and wing mate Lex Silas as her Assistant.

Her opening season as Head Coach was landmarked by a winning season, a Commissioner’s Trophy, a Solo Conference Championship, and trip to the Galactic Cup Finals. Unfortunately, her fairytale came to a drastic end with a devistating loss to the Mando’ade Mercs in the Finals. The Monarchs’ next two seasons were complete disappointments. The turmoil that gripped Rydonni Prime may have subsided, but the tumultuous times for the Dawn Solo led Monarchs were just starting.

IC: Dawn Solo
    Andro’ry’s Diner, Rydonni Prime
    Prior to the 289 Elite League Season

Dawn sat on her usual stool at the countertop of the diner situated, equidistant, between her loft and her favorite crossfit gym. It was her typical routine. She would wake early, drive to the gym as it opened, get in her work out, and on her way home, to clean up, she would stop at Andro’ry’s to eat her breakfast.

The food at the diner was not the best on the planet, certainly the galaxy class catering at the Monarchs’ training facility was light-years beyond the greasy-spoon in front of her. What drew her was the locale and the fact that she could enjoy her meal in peace.

One would think that the Head Coach of the most popular team on the planet whose number was retired and hanging from the rafters, would be recognized everywhere she went. But much to Dawn’s delight, that was not true. She was nothing more than another unwashed patron sitting at the bartop and enjoying their cup of caf. As she was downing her last drop of caf she nearly choked on it. Out of the corner of her eye she caught the latest HSN Headline: K’ntarrs’ sell the Rydonni Prime Monarchs to a private equity firm for an undisclosed amount of credits. First action of new ownership is the release of General Manager Romo Benedict Crowley III from his duties.

“WHAT IN THE FORCE?!?!?”

The befuddled Head Coach slammed her caf mug down on the countertop so hard that some the viscus, light brown, fluid sloshed out of the glass of the patron three stools down from her. A slightly baffled servo-droid rolled down towards her as its arm extended to wipe up the small puddle under the other patron’s glass. “Would you like me to refresh that for you, hon?” the droid inquired of Dawn in a slightly feminine voice.

Dawn just ignored the droids question as her comlink vibrated in her jacket pocket. Her eyes immediately fell upon the notification that scrolled across the top of her screen, “Coach Solo, report to the General Manager’s office at 1000 local time.” That left her with about an hour to travel back to her loft, get cleaned up, and head over to the Monarchs’ front office. “Frak me.” She barely had enough time. Without a comment to the droid, she plopped down enough credits to cover her bill. As she headed out the door, she tossed a couple of credits towards the patron three seats down from her, “Sorry about the mess.”

Walking towards her custom swoop, Dawn fired off a quick message to her coaching staff that she wanted to meet later that night. As her eyes came up from her screen she found a parking meter droid printing a ticket for her bike, “What is this?”

“Citizen, you are being issued a citation for being in violation of municipal code…”

Dawn snatched the document from the droid, “I know what a parking ticket is, but what is it for?”

“Well, ma’am,” interjected the droid’s human counterpart who approached from the opposite side of Dawn, “It appears that you failed to pay sufficient credits for the amount of time you parked your swoop here.”

“Really?” Dawn raised an eyebrow as she turned towards the newly arrived officer, “Don’t you know who I am?”

The officer raised his polarized vizor, “You know what? I do recognize you.”

For a brief moment, Dawn allowed herself to revel in her own celebrity. But just as quickly as the merriment of recognition bubbled up inside her, it burst leaving her unamoused.

“Yeah. You’re the lady that is about to get an additional citation for interfering with duties of a sworn officer of the crown if you don’t pipedown and take your ticket.”

With a scowl slowly drawing across her face, Dawn accepted the citation and waited for the officer and his droid companion to move along before she mounted her bike. Stuffing the ticket in to her jacket she thought to herself, What else could go wrong?

TAG: No one or everyone or just @Vehn

Vehn, Trieste, jcgoble3 and 1 other person like this.
  11. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    "With the eighth selection in the 289 Elite League Limmie Draft," Shady announced, "the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers select Nigel Garaff, Defensive Back, University of Coruscant!"

Tag: @Jedi Gunny

12. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008

Christine sat up straight when the Senators went on the clock. Several minutes passed before the pick came in.

"With the ninth overall pick in the 289 Elite League Draft, the Coruscant Senators select Jamaal Dekaard, Half Back from Druckenwell Technical University".

[​IMG]

With that, the Smugglers and Senators had traded barbs at each other by taking a player from their opponents' home recruiting turf. Whether or not it was intentional didn't matter; what mattered was that the Senators had taken another defender in this Draft, adding more pressure on the existing players to keep up their performance from the prior season.

TAG: @jcgoble3

Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  13. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post
    HSN Headlines

• ELL releases regular season schedule for 289
    • Chandrila received Dac's position in the schedule
    • League notes that due to move from 12 to 10 teams, Mando'ade has 5 road games after 6 road games in 288 and Ralltiir and Stewjon have 5 home games after 6 home games in 288
      • Lokensgaard: "The League decided to not mess with team schedules to rectify this minor inconsistency, but instead uphold the every-other-year pattern of team visits to each world."
    • Nar Shaddaa-Carratos game will be played on Nar Shaddaa for consecutive years due to the Smugglers initially having 6 road games in their 289 schedule

289 Elite League Limmie Schedule
    Week 1
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Coruscant Senators
    Rydonni Prime Monarchs at Ralltiir Starkillers
    Bakura Miners at Carratos Pirates
    Mando’ade Mercs at Stewjon Metropolitans
    Euceron Officers at Chandrila Patriots

Week 2
    Bakura Miners at Ralltiir Starkillers
    Carratos Pirates at Rydonni Prime Monarchs
    Stewjon Metropolitans at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers
    Euceron Officers at Mando’ade Mercs
    Chandrila Patriots at Coruscant Senators

Week 3
    Chandrila Patriots at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Stewjon Metropolitans
    Rydonni Prime Monarchs at Bakura Miners
    Carratos Pirates at Euceron Officers
    Coruscant Senators at Mando’ade Mercs

Week 4

Ralltiir Starkillers at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers
    Bakura Miners at Chandrila Patriots
    Rydonni Prime Monarchs at Mando’ade Mercs
    Euceron Officers at Stewjon Metropolitans
    Coruscant Senators at Carratos Pirates

Week 5

Carratos Pirates at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers
    Mando’ade Mercs at Ralltiir Starkillers
    Bakura Miners at Euceron Officers
    Stewjon Metropolitans at Chandrila Patriots
    Coruscant Senators at Rydonni Prime Monarchs

Week 6
    Rydonni Prime Monarchs at Chandrila Patriots
    Bakura Miners at Stewjon Metropolitans
    Mando’ade Mercs at Carratos Pirates
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Euceron Officers
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Coruscant Senators

Week 7
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Rydonni Prime Monarchs
    Carratos Pirates at Chandrila Patriots
    Stewjon Metropolitans at Coruscant Senators
    Mando’ade Mercs at Bakura Miners
    Euceron Officers at Ralltiir Starkillers

Week 8
    Chandrila Patriots at Ralltiir Starkillers
    Carratos Pirates at Stewjon Metropolitans
    Rydonni Prime Monarchs at Euceron Officers
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Mando’ade Mercs
    Coruscant Senators at Bakura Miners

Week 9
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Carratos Pirates
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Bakura Miners
    Stewjon Metropolitans at Rydonni Prime Monarchs
    Mando’ade Mercs at Chandrila Patriots
    Euceron Officers at Coruscant Senators

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 @jcgoble3 @Jedi Gunny @Runjedirun @SWNerd 11 @Vehn

Runjedirun, Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  14. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    “With the tenth selection in the 289 Elite League Limmie Draft, the Euceron Officers select Edd Pharan, goalkeeper from Atalanta University.”

“The Ralltiir Starkillers are now on the clock.”

TAG: @Vehn

15. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Tom & Von

“Should you try and eat something?” Tomas asked.

Again his thoughtfulness touched her. “I’d like to wait until we land. How long will that be?” Von’kedo asked.

Tomas looked at the time on his data pad. “Less than an hour, I think.” Tomas thought maybe he had an opportunity to do what couples were supposed to do on their honeymoons. He reached out and gently placed Von’kedo’s chin in his hand. “I’m glad you’re feeling better.”

“Thanks,” Von’kedo replied shyly. She was still embarrassed over her upset stomach during take-off.

She watched Tomas’ eyebrows lift. His face moved towards hers and she met him halfway for a passionate kiss. It was unfortunate timing when the alarm rang in the cockpit. Tomas pulled back, cursing under his breath.

“Thanks for keeping my seat warm,” Tomas said as he chased N17 out of the pilot’s chair. “You comin’ Von?” He called to his wife.

“No thanks,” Von’kedo replied firmly.

“Suit yourself,” Tomas shrugged as he strapped in. Tomas gripped the hyperspace lever and focused on the ship’s timer. At exactly the right moment, with just the right amount of force Tomas pulled the lever and brought Naboo into sight. He circled the planet to find his entry point. “That looks like fun,” Tomas said to N17.

The droid let out a string of beeps and whistles.

“You worry too much,” Tomas said piloting the ship away from the expecting spaceport and into a canyon. Tomas throttled the engines and sped through the narrow passageway. He made an exceptionally sharp turn flipping the ship on its side.

“Tomas, what’s going on?” Von’kedo demanded from the ship’s quarters.

Von’kedo knew Tomas was up to no good. His spontaneity and fearlessness served him well on the Limmie field. Off the field his recklessness often got him in trouble. Unbelievably, the ship sped up even more. Von’kedo crawled to the ships fresher and dry heaved. The ship turned violently, the Twi’lek held on for dear life and was almost relieved when she heard sirens of the local law behind them. “Don’t you dare try to outrun them,” she warned Tomas.

Tomas knew when he was beat. There was one law ship behind him and two more approaching him from the front. He slowed the engines and came to a soft landing on the planet’s surface. Von’kedo got to her feet and marched to the cockpit. “Tomas Vigo these are not UTA officers who will let you off cause your family makes a generous donation every year,” she warned.

Tomas rolled his eyes as he walked towards the opening ramp. “What seems to be the problem, officers?” He asked innocently.

“Do you know how fast you were going son?” The lead officer, a Gungan asked. The Gungan paused as he got a good look at Tomas. “Are you even old enough to have a pilot’s license?”

Tomas was used to being mistaken for 16 or 18. One day he knew he’d be thankful for his youthful features. “I didn’t see a posted speed limit,” Tomas replied politely to the first question.

“That’s because this is a no fly zone,” the officer quipped back.

“So why does it matter how fast I was going?” Tomas inquired.

“Don’t be a smartass kid. My records show you were expected to land at the New Centrif spaceport. What’s a kid like you going to a fancy resort like that for? Are you covering for your parents?”

“Got married on Saturday,” Von’kedo heard Tomas answer. Tomas and his entire family took family very seriously. She could hear the pride in his voice, so much so that she almost forgot to be nervous. “I’m taking my wife on our honeymoon.”

That surprised the officer. Von’kedo took a few steps down the ramp. “Tomas is there a problem?” She asked.

This took the Gungan officer by surprise. The human boy had a Twi’lek wife. Just as Von’kedo suspected he immediately softened to Tomas for taking a non-human spouse. “Look kid if you’ll just fly this ship directly to the space sport, without incident, I’ll let you go. Consider it a wedding gift.”

“Thank you sir!” Tomas shook hands and strolled up the ramp. “Thanks, hon.” He said giving Von’kedo a wink.

Once Tomas was piloting the ship again, this time at a relatively slow pace towards their actual destination Von’kedo pulled out her data pad to see where the draft was.

“Don’t bother,” Tomas interjected.

“Don’t bother what?” Von’kedo wanted to know.

“Don’t bother checking to see who the Starkillers picked in the second round,” Tomas informed her.

“Why not?” Wasn’t Tomas the least bit curious?

“Because I already know, hometown girl Margot Credits,” Tomas said plainly.

Lone and behold Tomas was right. That was just fine with Von’kedo she had had enough excitement for one day.

Tag: @galactic-vagabond422

jcgoble3 likes this.
  16. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    "With the twelfth pick of the 289 Elite League Limmie Draft the Carratos Pirates select Kinley "Mighty Mo" Molin from Norand University." A young human woman with dark blond hair and steely grey eyes takes to the stage. In her steel colored dress with a splash of red, her defined almost bulging biceps were on full display. Strong looking with a toned muscled physique, she earned the name 'Mighty'. "The Bakura Miners are on the clock."

TAG: @Trieste

17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Harle Quinn
    Salis D’aar, Bakura

My mouth hangs open.

“...comes as a surprise after Quinn Cundertol publicly disavowed that the Miners were interested in Irvin,” one of the HSN analysts says, reporting on the blockbuster trade announced at the Draft.

“You can say that again,” another analyst chimes in. “Irvin apparently had the Miners high on his list of teams for a trade and the Mercs were Korriban bent on obliging him with a trade one way or another.”

“Hey, gang, I’ve got a report from someone I trust with the Miners. Turns out this wasn’t--at least initially--a long con by the Miners. When Cundertol made that statement, they weren’t interested in Irvin because they figured the price would be too high. With their salary situation, they didn’t have the room to take on Irvin,” a third analyst reports. “However, as potential suitors for Irvin fell away, the Mercs didn’t have many dance partners. Cundertol felt he could leverage the Mercs for a good deal. Pic had a hefty final year on her contract and by sending that to the Mercs, there was enough room to bring Irvin in without breaking the bank.”

“And, let’s not forget, Pic is nearing years that are usually ones of diminishing returns athletically. While we’ve seen amazing things from her in the last two years, one has to wonder how much longer that’s going to last,” the first analyst points out.

“Yeah, but we’re talking about someone who was not just a dominant midfielder for the Miners, someone who learned from Alana Glencross, but a real leader on and off the field. The Mercs went from having a locker room problem to a veteran presence--not that they had any shortage of that. If Vizsla made this deal, he had to have kicked the tires pretty hard. He’s got to figure that Pic helps him, big picture.”

“Early reactions: who wins here?” Simultaneously the other analysts chime in with “Miners” and “Mercs” on top of each other. “I guess we’ll have to see how things shake out this season. Meanwhile…”

I try to make sense of this. Jolla Pic had been a Miner for almost a decade and a half--the majority of my life. To not have her on the team...what was going on? I understand why Cundertol did it: Irvin is younger and just as talented--if not more so. He’s a scoring threat the likes of which the Miners haven’t had since Glencross. But the girl inside me who grew up watching Pic play is sad that she’s now going to wear silver and blue.

“Talk about unexpected,” Mom says.

“Oh was it?” Dad inquires from the other room. He’s always been supportive of me and my limmie career, but he isn’t always the best informed about what’s going on in the sport.

“I’m surprised the Miners wanted to take on a prima donna like that,” Mom says as she unwraps plates in the kitchen. “Then again, with players like Tomas Vigo coming into the league there’s probably going to be a big emphasis on midfield scoring again. Miners have to keep pace with the rest of the league.”

“What do you think, honey bunny?” Dad asks me.

“I don’t know what I think. I mean, it doesn’t affect me that much--at least I don’t think it does--and it makes the Miners a better team, so...it’s good? I guess?” I say, scratching the back of my head. “I’ll have to see what Draper has for us at training camp.”

“Just keep an open mind, dear,” Dad tells me.

“Miners are picking again!” Mom calls out in a singsong voice and I return my attention to the holoprojector.

I rush back into my living room. Cundertol is at the podium. “With the thirteenth pick of the 289 Draft, the Bakura Miners select Jangle Half Back, Citadel University of Anaxes.”

“Hey! Harle! Guess what?” my Dad calls out. He was in one of the other rooms when the pick was made.

I know that tone of voice. That’s either really good or…

“Look who I just met! It’s one of your neighbors!” Dad continues.

Before I can prepare myself, he’s standing in my living room.

With a Falleen.

Oh no. Not again.

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @Runjedirun @jcgoble3 who is on the clock again

Bardan_Jusik, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Zap Dos signs with Mando'ade Mercs out of free agency
    • HSN analyst: "Okay, at this point I'm having trouble figuring out which team is the Miners and which team is the Mercs"
    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Coruscant Senators announce several roster transactions:
      • Lisha Larring (Togruta, Female, Forward) released to free agency
      • Soi’nya (Zeltron, Female, Midfielder) released to free agency
      • Bergal Rotramel (Mon Calamari, Male, Forward) released to free agency
      • Callie Polarez (Human, Female, Forward) retires
      • Ariva Kendal (Etti, Female, Half Forward) elects to become free agency
      • Rowdy Roosey (Human, Female, Utility) retires
      • Grace Organa (Human, Female, Midfielder) retires
    TAG: @Jedi Gunny

20. SWNerd11

SWNerd11 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2017
    IC: Dawn Solo
    Corporate Offices, Monarchs Stadium, Rydonni Prime
    Prior to the 289 Elite League Season

Being called into a superior’s office was not unusual for Dawn. Even before she joined the Rydonni Defense Force, she had her fair share of trips to the Headmaster’s office in Preparatory School. Usually she knew what she was being called in for, but she had absolutely no idea what she was walking into today.

As she approached the General Manager’s office, she reached for the door and was immediately stopped. “Excuse me,” the young, blue-black haired, female interjected, “Can I help you, ma’am?”

Dawn raised a perplexed eye towards who, she could only assume, was the General Manager’s administrative assistant. She faced the young woman and simply stated, “I’m Dawn Solo.” The assistant just gave her a look as if to ask, And? Dawn continued, “The Head Coach of the Monarchs.”

“Do you have an appointment?”

The shock of the question caused Dawn’s jaw to drop to the floor. Never in her career with the Monarchs had she ever needed to have an appointment to see the GM. Dawn pulled out her comlink and brought up the message she had received, “I didn’t make an appointment, I was summoned.”

The assistant crossed to her and looked at the message. “Ah yes,” she then walked back over to her desk and tapped her datapad a couple of times. “The General Manager will see you now, Ms Solo.”

Dawn heard the latch on the door release and she pushed her way into the office without any further regard to the assistant. Walking into the once familiar room was like stepping into an alternate dimension. She had expected to walk in and have her field of vision to be filled with the GM’s desk, instead all she saw was a vidscreen streaming the coverage of the 289 ELL Draft. The boloball that had once been embedded in the wall just to the right of the screen had been removed and the damage repaired. She looked to her left and found the wet bar had been replaced by a juicer. The desk was now spanning across the transparent wall that overlooked 4th Fleet Memorial Field.

A young man, standing just a couple of centimeters taller than herself, stood with his back turned towards the desk. He seemed to be looking out at the installation of the new roof on the stadium, which had sustained some damage during the civil war. “The Chairman of the Board approved to have the roof replaced. We’ll be able to open it now during good weather, let some fresh air and sunlight in. Come on over and see for yourself.”

Dawn hesitantly walked over to the window and watched as the construction crew put the finishing touches on the aperture roof that would open like the iris of an eye. She hated to admit it, but it did look pretty awesome.

[​IMG]

“Oh well, I guess we should get down to business,” the young man turned away from the window and motioned towards the opposite side of the desk. Dawn walked back to where she was standing before. As the bearded man sat in his chair he offered her to sit as well. Solo stood her ground. “I guess I should officially introduce myself. I’m Bryant Nathans, General Manager.” Bryant offered his hand in a friendly gesture. Dawn continued to stand her ground.

Bryant pulled his hand back, “Okay. I get it, I’m the new guy, so I’m automatically the bad guy. But if you give me a chance you’ll find that I’m pretty likable.” Dawn still couldn’t get a read on this new guy, but she allowed him to keep speaking. “Well, you might not like what I’m about to say.” Dawn knew there was more to this meeting than just a simple meet and greet. “Alright, I’ll get down to it. Within two weeks I will need your recommendation for the nineteen players you would like to keep and…”

“NINETEEN?!?!”

Bryant settled back in his chair, “Yes, nineteen players and four coaches. I will need to have them as soon as possible so we can start the contract renegotiations.”

“WHAT?!? You want me to do what?” Without realizing it Dawn was leaning on Bryant’s desk and was practically touching her nose to his. Despite her raised voice and aggressive posturing, the GM did not flinch nor react at all. He simply returned her stare, unblinking. The heated Head Coach slowly lowered herself into one of the chairs, which had been previously offered. “You understand that you are asking me to fire two-thirds of my coaching staff and half of my players, right?”

Nathans tone remained calm and even, “No Ms Solo, I am only looking for your recommendations. I will be the one doing the cutting. But do not fret, we are working on reinstating the Red Wings. They may not be in the Futures League this season, but they will be playing somewhere. So those players who are not offered a contract with the Monarchs will have a place to play this next season.”

“But what about my coaches and coordinators?” Dawn’s head was spinning, “How am I supposed to coach up a championship contending team with only a hand full of coaches?”

“I honestly cannot justify to the Board the necessity of having one coach for every two players.”

“But yet they could justify paying for a fancy new roof?”

The corner of Bryant’s lips curled into a small grin, “That necessary improvement was paid by the Downtown Development Committee of Ryell. Galactic Sports Entertainment does not have the bottomless vaults of the Royal Family. If the K’ntarr’s were running short on cash they could just ‘borrow’ some from taxpayers of Rydonni Prime.”

“The K’ntarrs would never have done something like that.”

“Regardless, they are no longer signing your paychecks. Welcome to a mid-market team with a mid-market payroll, Ms Solo. I expect your recommendations on my desk as soon as possible. Good day.” Bryant turned his attention to his desk terminal.

Dawn sat, motionless in her chair, “That’s it?” she could not believe what had just transpired, “That is all you called me here for? What about your long term expectations? Are we supposed to look to the future and be in a rebuilding mindframe?”

Bryant just looked up at her, “I’m sorry, did your representative not send you your new contract? My expectations were clearly stated.” Dawn had received a notification from her agent and she signed it, but that was before she saw the official announcement of the sale. “Your contact will be re-evaluated on a tri-annual basis, if at the end of three years you bring home a Galactic Cup you will receive an automatic three year extension, a Solo Conference Trophy will earn you a two year extension, with a Commissioner’s Cup adding an additional year to any of the first two. However, if you fail to meet any of these expectations within the period of your current contract, your future employment with the Monarchs will be in jeopardy.”

“So if I don’t produce results, I’m fired?”

The same grin as before returned to Bryant’s face, “No, but if you don’t produce a championship, you will be held to the conditions of your contract. Now please make sure the door closes behind you. ” Once again he turned his attention back to his terminal.

Without another word, Dawn rose to her feet, exited the General Manager’s office without closing the door, and sent a short message to the entire coaching staff, We need to meet. Tonight.

TAG: @Runjedirun @jcgoble3

Trieste, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  21. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• BREAKING NEWS: Euceron Officers withdraw from 289 Draft, forfeiting two remaining picks
    • Officers release statement saying that they are "satisfied with the current roster"
    • Officers GM Aebatt Zargana says she is unwilling to take on Draft-minimum contracts when there is no space on the roster or under the team's internal salary cap available
    • Multiple sources report that Zargana has been desperately trying to find a trade partner and trade out of this year's Draft, with no success
    • Commissioner Lokensgaard: "Don't say the Draft is boring! I guess the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers are now on the clock"
    TAG: @jcgoble3 @Vehn

Vehn, jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  22. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Shady Lerouex

Shady watched as the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers went offense with the local girl, Laura Flowers, Forward, VCU!"

She smiled knowing that the front office was working hard to make sure the Smugglers offense kept other teams reeling backward.

Tag: @Jedi Gunny

23. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Limme Future League 289 Schedule

Week 1
    Concordia Crusaders @ Thyferra Force
    Rattatak Sea Devils @ Tatooine Sandskimmers
    Druckenwell Marksmen @ Atzerri Bandits

Week 2
    Atzerri Bandits @ Concordia Crusaders
    Druckenwell Marksmen @ Rattatak Sea Devils
    Tatooine Sandskimmers @ Thyferra Force

Week 3
    Thyferra Force @ Druckenwell Marksmen
    Concordia Crusaders @ Tatooine Sandskimmers
    Rattatak Sea Devils @ Atzerri Bandits

Week 4
    Druckenwell Marksmen @ Tatooine Sandskimmers
    Rattatak Sea Devils @ Concordia Crusaders
    Atzerri Bandits @ Thyferra Force

Week 5
    Concordia Crusaders @ Druckenwell Marksmen
    Tatooine Sandskimmers @ Atzerri Bandits
    Thyferra Force @ Rattatak Sea Devils

Week 6
    Thyferra Force @ Concordia Crusaders
    Tatooine Sandskimmers @ Rattatak Sea Devils
    Atzerri Bandits @ Druckenwell Marksmen

Week 7
    Thyferra Force @ Tatooine Sandskimmers
    Rattatak Sea Devils @ Druckenwell Marksmen
    Concordia Crusaders @ Atzerri Bandits

Week 8
    Druckenwell Marksmen @ Thyferra Force
    Tatooine Sandskimmers @ Concordia Crusaders
    Atzerri Bandits @ Rattatak Sea Devils

TAGS @Vehn @Jedi Gunny @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  24. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008

Clearly the removal of the offensive coordinator for the Senators had an impact on the roster. Several players, including two-way utility player Rowdy Roosey, had decided to either test free agency or retire after Gark S’rily had been fired as the offensive coordinator. The Bothan had created some strong bonds with his offensive players, and some of the forwards were unhappy with his removal. There was no question that the legendary coach had a major impact on the team, and questions might arise during the rest of the offseason regarding how the team would proceed without him. The team had hired Hala’kali’kimaka, also known as “Lakali”, the genius behind the University of Csilla offense as their OC, to be the new OC for the Elite League club, so major changes would likely be in store.

But the third-round pick of the Senators was not on offense. Instead, they had a hole at midfielder after releasing a middling player and seeing the retirement of another after an injury-plagued season. “ . . . the Coruscant Senators select Changeferabukk, Midfielder from the Wookiee Forest Institute”.

The Wookiee would likely plug into the fourth midfielder spot behind incumbent starters Syndulla and Themyscira, along with revelation backup Ant’ope. If everything went as planned, it would be the most physical midfield unit the Senators had ever fielded in the “Silver Age”, and perhaps one of the most physical in its long and storied history.

The goal was simple: win the midfield, win the game.

TAG: @Runjedirun

25. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Tom & Von

Finally in their suite. Tomas popped the cork on the complimentary bottle of champagne. He poured two glasses and handed one to Von’kedo. Tomas wasn’t sentimental, so he improvised. “To us,” he said raising his glass.

“To us,” Von’kedo repeated. She took a long slow sip and then munched on some more seed crackers she had bought at the gift shop in the spaceport. “Now what?” She asked looking around at the fancy surroundings.

“I’ve been sitting for hours,” Tomas complained. “I’m going to work out, you probably need to study. We’ll meet back here in a couple hours for dinner.”

Von’kedo tried not to be disappointed. She knew Tomas wasn’t going to let anything, even a honeymoon, keep him from his workouts. Besides she really did need to keep up with her studies. “Okay,” she agreed.

As Tomas grabbed his gym bag and walked out of the suite he glanced at his data pad. A message had come in from his older brother Richard. The third round pick, a keeper, Nuukroush. Tomas knew Cliff Tuff had been in the league more than a few years. He knew a young reserve was good for the club. Cliff was a friend he hoped they got a few good years together before Nuukroush or whoever the future goal keeper was took the field.

Tag: @galactic-vagabond422

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    Trieste, Jedi Gunny and SWNerd11 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.