main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite League Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Hapes hosts "Battle of the Sexes" 3-on-3 limmie match at Royal Limmie Grounds
    • All-Female team roster comprised of:
      • Alana Glencross at midfield
      • Ryi Kor'le at forward
      • Kerry Trieste in goal
        • Trieste joked: "I guess they really couldn't get anyone else"
      • Liz Baker at defense
        • Baker: "What? You'd come out too if you had to sit there and listen to Justin every week talk about how great dudes are."
    • All four teammembers were brought into the stadium on litters carried by male models in imitation of Queen Mothers of old
    • Alana Glencross jokingly presented Justin Pitt with a baby puffer pig: "You two have a lot in common"
    • Score:
    Females: 38
    Males: 26
    • Glencross and Pitt shake hands at conclusion of match in the middle of mob of reporters
      • "You guys didn't make it easy on us, Justin. Heck of a game"
    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik. Now go watch Battle of the Sexes to learn the inspiration for this storyline :D

jcgoble3, Runjedirun and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  2. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Trade rumors prove true: Leia Adama traded to Bakura Miners
    • Senators receive Miners' second round pick in 292 (projected to be second in the round)
    • Trade also includes a condition that if the Miners re-sign Adama prior to the start of the 293 season that the Senators receive the Miners' second round pick in 293
    TAG: @Jedi Gunny

Vehn, Jedi Gunny and Runjedirun like this.
  3. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post
    Hapes

“Where are you?” an announcer intoned. “Fear not, for you are found. You are home, and there is no going back. No one leaves this place. But what is this place? The answer is the Elite League Limmie Awards Show. Surrounded by Galactic Cup Final Week, the ELL Awards show lives on the edge of the known and unknown. It is the collection point for all beings of limmie. Like you. But here, you are significant. You are valuable. Here, you are loved...no one loves you more than the Deputy Commissioner. He is the original. The creator of ELL awards and the father of the Galactic Cup Final. Where once you were nothing, now you are something. You are the property of the Deputy Commissioner. Congratulations! You will meet the Grandmaster in five seconds. Prepare yourself. Prepare yourself. You are now meeting the Deputy Commissioner.

“Wasn’t that a great intro? Had it done just for me,” Deputy Commissioner Andy Wigast said as he entered the stage. “I know, you’ve all been wondering where I’ve been this season. Well, let me tell you all about that. It’s quite an interesting story. It all began when I was windsurfing on Kamino…”

Half an hour later…

“...and that’s how I accidentally got elected to the Galactic Senate. Hilarious when you think about it, really,” Wigast finished nonchalantly. “So that’s our awards show. Good night everyone!”

Wigast waved with a broad grin and walked off the stage to absolutely no applause (mainly because the audience was half asleep). He then walked back onto the stage 10 seconds later.

“I’ve just been informed that I forgot the small formality of actually handing out the awards. So hooray! More awards show! Go us!” Wigast announced.

He took out a handheld datapad. “Let’s see here...ah, yes, the Ingbrand Award. It says here it’s for ‘people who weren’t good enough to play in the ELL until now.’ Well that’s kind of mean. Let’s call it the rookie of the year award instead. Maybe ‘the Wigast Award’ after what a great rookie season I had as a Deputy Commissioner last year? Let’s file that one away for discussion, shall we?

“Our nominees are Spern Brier--it says here he’s called Rocket, you know I’ve got a brother who collects a lot of stuff who’d be really interested in adding him to his collection--of the Mercs, yes, that looks right; Gil Cray of the Starkillers, also looks right; and...ah, yes, Ard Borne of the Carratos Pirates. Shouldn’t these be in alphabetical order?” Wigast asked no one in particular. “That’s how I’d do it. Can we get these in alphabetical order from here on out? Otherwise somebody might get disintegrated after the show.

“I’m kidding, I’m kidding. Someone will definitely get disintegrated after the show.

“Anyways, the winner is…”
    “...hey, it’s Gil Cray! Look at that, I am a poet, and I did not know it.”

“Now, I got so distracted with my awesome story earlier--by the way, got a call backstage during the commercial break and the HoloNet is seriously interested in optioning it to make a feature-length movie out of it, really exciting stuff, maybe I’ll play it here next season--I totally forgot to welcome some of our guests tonight. Fresh off their win against the boys, there’s Alana Glencross and Ryi Kor’le. Over there we’ve got the Manx-Sandin power couple. Or is it Sandin-Manx? I never keep it straight. And do I see the Allins over there? See? Limmie is for the entire family! Do we have any politicians in the house tonight? Usually we look like a mini-Senate over here with Karrs and Triestes. Good thing this is a benevolent…-ish dictatorship.

“Okay, it’s time for the Biggest Complainer Award, also known as the Grames Award. I mean, why do we even have general managers? All I hear from them is, “Oh, Andy, that hit was illegal,” and “Andy, why don’t you do something about that ref who blew that call,” and “Andy, stop eating the candies on my desk.” Well, to respond: 1) it wasn’t and it was so obvious that I didn’t even have to watch the tape, 2) they’re in a union so I think that means we can’t do anything about it, and 3) don’t put candy on your desk if you don’t want me to dump them all into the candy pouch I keep with me at all times.

“Anyways, among the beings who gave me the most free candy this season we have Richard Vigo of the Ralltiir Starkillers, Adenn Vizsla of the Mando’ade Mercs, and Aebett Zargana of the Euceron Officers. See? Alphabetical order! So much easier!

“And the being who will give me even more candy next year is…”
    “Look at that, it’s Richard Vigo. He and Gil Cray are going to have an award party backstage now guys. I’m sure they’re going to invite me, right?”

“It’s my birthday! It’s my birthday!” Wigast declared. “I mean, I had a birthday earlier this year and it’s an annual celebration, so I just treat it as my birthday all year. Therefore, I am keeping the Duchess Eldin Award. Seriously.

“Here are beings not getting the Duchess Eldin: Marg’rit Evers-Sark of Carratos, Horst Penn of Bakura, and Zelena Wiles of Nar Shaddaa. And the person who is absolutely not getting it is…”
    “...Horst Penn.” Wigast walked off the stage with the Duchess Eldin Award.

“Everyone: you just missed the greatest award party I just had with the Starkillers. Super awesome. You know that jealousy you’re feeling? Well times it by a million and that’s how jealous you should be,” Wigast said.

“And two beings are about to become more jealous because they’re not winning the Langann. Two of those beings will be drawn from the following: Ty Allin of the Ralltiir Starkillers, Ryi Kor’le of the Mando’ade Mercs, and Logan Manx-Sandin of the Carratos Pirates.

“And the least jealous being is…”
    “...Logan Manx-Sandin! Come join our awesome awards party!”

“Okay, I’d like to take a moment out of these awards to talk to the most important beings here: the losers. There are a lot more of you than there are winners, so I don’t get why we don’t spend more time talk to you. You know that rage you feel when someone else gets that award you should have gotten?

“Carry that with you. Feed that rage. Let it fuel the remainder of your careers. You were cheated--cheated I say! Put that rage into every hit you make on the field from here on out. Kick butts! Take names! Kick names! Take butts! You were robbed of that award, whatever it was you didn’t win! And keep that fire burning inside your chest until one day you depart from the galaxy, clutching your awards to your chest at which point your mouth curls into a laughing snarl and you say, ‘Fenrir Lokensgaard, how do you like me now?!’”

The awards hall was silent.

“Or, you know, don’t. It’s your call,” Wigast said casually. “Anywho! Nominees for the Nalo Award are Vic Olidiipo of the Starkillers, Else Reppen of the Pirates, and Noah Trevor of the Mets. The newest and most bitter winner is…”
    “...oh, isn’t this sweet, it’s almost a tie so someone gets to feel even more cheated than usual! Vic Olidiipo wins, so get that rage on everyone else!”

“Okay, what do we have left here?” Wigast said as he dug through a box. “Let’s see...ring of power...soul of the Emperor...the revised script of Phantom Menace that was way better than the one they actually used...oooooh, half off coupon for Papa Palpatine’s!...missing footage that proves the Miners bribed refs to win their Galactic Cups...man, what a load of junk--other than the coupon of course--oh wait! Look at this!”

Wigast pulled the Vigo Award out of the box. “That’s where we put that!” He dusted off the trophy. “Well, guess we better give this away now. Who can we give this too? Oh, that’s right. Leia Adama of Coruscant--or is it Bakura now?--Ryi Kor’le of Mando’ade, and Logan Manx-Sandin of Carratos. Wait, can he be win twice?...He can?...We allow that?...I’m going to have to look into that during the offseason, maybe make some rule changes--unless of course I’m the one winning all the awards, which is an excellent idea.

“Anyways, the winner is…”
    “...Logan Manx-Sandin! How about you give your old buddy Andy that extra award you’ve got?”

“And that’s all the awards we have! Have a good night everyone!” Wigast said before walking off the stage.

And then Wigast walked back on the stage, marched at the point of an energy pike by Fenrir Lokengaard.

“Hey boss! Long time no see!” Wigast said breezily.

“Would that be because you locked me in a closet in the basement of the theatre so you could host the awards?” Lokensgaard growled.

“Honestly, my memory’s a little fuzzy. It probably has to do with all that windsurfing on Kamino I did. I don’t think you were here for that story. Too bad. Really awesome story. Let me get you up to speed…”

.3 seconds later…

Lokensgaard zapped Wigast with the pike, causing the Deputy Commissioner to seize up and collapse to the floor of the stage, where he twitched for another second before lying still.

“Okay, it’s time to give out the awards, starting with the Ingbrand Award. The nominees are--”

Lokengaard was interrupted by a Jawa who ran onto the stage and indicated for the Commissioner to bend down. He complied and listened.

“Utini!” Lokensgaard cried. “What do you mean utini? He gave out almost all of them already?!” The Commissioner gave Wigast another zap with his pike and his body spasmed again.

He looked at the Jawa. “I can do that as commissioner, right?” The Jawa shrugged. Lokensgaard zapped Wigast again for good measure.

“So what do we have left?”

The Jawa babbled something in Jawaese.

“The Salbukk? Okay--well that’s a good award,” Lokensgaard said. “Our nominees are: Fu Arock of the Mando’ade Mercs--big surprise everybody; Mikia Sandin-Manx of the Carratos Pirates--looking to pull off the fabled ‘Han & Leia’ husband-and-wife award combo; and Tomas Vigo of the Ralltiir Starkillers--hoping to pull the fabled ‘Luke & Leia’ sibling award combo. Does Fu Arock have a sibling or a spouse who can be nominated for something? We’re missing a real opportunity here.

“Anyways, the winner of the Salbukk is…”
    “...Toooooooooooooomas Viiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigo! I don’t know why I said his name like that. It just seemed like the right thing to do.”

“Well, I don’t know about all of you, but this has been a long night for me. I’m going to need to recuperate before the Final. See you all there.”

Lokensgaard zapped the prone, unconscious Wigast once again--and probably for not the last time tonight.

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 @jcgoble3 @Jedi Gunny @Runjedirun @SWNerd11 @Vehn and oddly Michael Douglass, who inspired the weirdest part of this admittedly weird post

4. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Ezra Allin

Chapter 23 More Winning!

My brother and I are out in the hallway impatiently waiting for my mother to finish our sister’s hair. I’m so excited about this awards show that I’m pacing. My brother just stands by the door to our room staring at me. “What are you doing?” He finally asks.

“I’m just bored,” I answer honestly.

My dad comes out of his room. He’s in a newly rented tux. He walks across the hall to Geoff’s room and knocks. “I just wanted to apologize again that I couldn’t get you a ticket,” he says when Geoff answers.

“Look at you,” Geoff whistles. “Nah, don’t sweat it. I don’t want to be in a monkey suit all night. Got me some ales and sweatpants. I’d much rather watch on the holo. Good luck Allin. Hope you get another trophy tonight.”

“Thanks,” my dad says. “Thanks for tagging along on this trip. It means so much to know my family is safe while I’m working all day.”

“Hey, there’s nowhere I’d rather be. I told you you’d make it one day. And here you are. I’m so proud of you. There she is. Look at that beautiful woman. How the hell did you convince her to marry you?”

I look towards our room where Cammie and my mom have just stepped out. My mom is wearing nothing short of a formal gown. “Like you said, I made it.” My dad answers Geoff. He doesn’t stay to chat with Geoff any longer though. He quickly steps across the hall and takes my mother’s hand. “You look stunning,” and after that for once my dad seems tongue tied.

“Let’s go already,” T.J. calls as he presses the lift button. I hear Geoff laugh as he closes his door.

There’s a speeder waiting for us outside the lobby. Inside there’s appetizers and drinks. “Don’t eat too much,” my mother scolds. We have to wait in a line of traffic before we can get out. Each speeder ahead of us has some big deal Limme player, coach or executive inside who has to walk in the door to the ceremony while be photographed. Naturally there’s nothing to do, but eat. Luckily my mom relents and lets us at least eat the non dessert items.

Finally it’s our turn. The door is opened for us and my dad steps out first. He holds his hand out to help my mother step out. Cammie goes third, me fourth and T.J. gets out last. A reporter jumps in my dad’s face. “How do you feel about your chances to win a second Langann Award in a row?”

“It’s not the trophy I came here to win,” my dad says.

“I see the whole family is here to support you. After such a successful career do you think you’ve put unnecessary pressure on your son, naming him after you?”

That question seems to surprise my father. Certainly, I never thought of that before. If T.J. has felt that way he’s never said anything. “You hear that?” My dad asks T.J. “Pressure is on!” Next my dad puts his hand on my shoulder, “This one’s playing defense.” He continues. “This one has a lot to live up to.”

After that we go on inside and find our table. We sit with Uncle Richard and Ryan, our cousins and Uncle Tomas. His wife is coming for the game and the game only. She’s too busy with med school to take a whole week off. The opening speech is so long and boring that most of the adults are yawning. Luckily my dad’s at our table. He begins by rolling his eyes, later as the speech goes on my dad takes off a shoe and one of his socks. He takes out a pen he’s brought to write autographs with later and draws a face on the sock. The sock puppet keeps everyone at our table awake, to say the least.

It’s past my regular bed time by the time the nominees for the Ingbrand award are read. I fully expect Rocket to win. To my surprise Gil Cray wins. I stand up, luckily our whole table stands up. Gil comes over shake hands with my dad and Uncle Richard before running up to receive his award.

“I gotta give a shout out to my mom. She raised me by herself and mom you did good. I also got to thank the Starkillers for drafting me, my teammates and my coach. Thank you!” Gil raises the trophy and heads back to his seat.

We don’t get to sit down for long Uncle Richard wins the Grames award next. He and Uncle Ryan exchange a kiss and Richard walks proudly to accept the award. “I dedicate this to my father,” Uncle Richard says. “I want to thank our fans. They believe in us. They come out rain or shine, hot or cold and I want to take this time to announce that I have decided to put a retractable roof on the stadium this off-season. No more getting wet on game day.”

“Leave it to my brother, turned his acceptance speech into some kinda press release,” my mom whispers to my dad.

My dad does not win the Langann award. It’s disappointing to say the least. Which sounds selfish considering how many awards the Starkillers walked away with by the end of the night. Still he’s my dad and I’m allowed to be sad he didn’t win. Worst of all the Coach he has to Coach against in a couple days did win. And he won the Duches of Eldin award too. I am not feeling confident about this final game at all.

Vic Olidiipo wins the Marte Nalo award. My cousin Jimsey is obviously very excited about that. There are two Ithorians on our offense. I don’t think that’s a coincidence. What matters is that they are good Limmie players. Some of the best in the league. Vic chooses to say his speech in his native tongue. My data pad translates it to say. “My clan back home, may you prosper. One day I pray you all feel as me up here. It is a proud moment and I am very proud.” Something got lost in that translation, I know it, but I get the point.

The moment everyone has been waiting for finally arrives. The Salbukk award. The MVP of the league. I see my Uncle Tomas tense just a little as his name is read. When he wins he acts calm and casual. He gets a hug from my dad and his older brother, my Uncle Richard. Tomas takes the stage, he doesn’t look at his trophy before talking like most of the winners. “Von’kedo baby, I miss you,” he says to his wife. “Thank you for all your support. And hurry-up and join me already. I miss you, baby. I also want to say that it’s not easy working for your older brother. He’s been upstaging me since before I was born. Graduated from law school at Republic University. Won the freakin’ GM of the year award tonight. How am I supposed to compete with that? With this!” Now Uncle Tomas raises his trophy in the air and now finally we can go back to the hotel and sleep. I can’t believe I’m saying that cause normally I like to stay up late. But that awards show was L-O-N-G.

@ Everyone. Thanks so much for your votes!

Vehn, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  5. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Nar Shaddaa Smugglers release:
      • Dac VanDaam (Forward, Human, Male)
      • Ric Grimes (Half Back, Human, Male)
      • Acantha Zane (Midfielder, Human, Female)
    • Smugglers internal moves:
      • Promote veteran Morgan Renhorn to Forward position. Renhorn in a statement, "This will be my last run in the Elite League. I wanted some playing time and I talked with Coach McCloud and she was gracious enough to grant me said playing time"
      • Smugglers extend the contracts of Jade Enders, Zak Tomaas, Martia Paak, and Zelena Wiles
    • At a confusing ELL awards ceremony, Horst Penn steps onto the stage after disappearance of Deputy Commissioner Andy Wigast with Duchess Eldin Award
    • “So...it seems really awkward that the Duchess Eldin Award went to Mr. Wigast. Or Deputy Mr. Wigast. I think that’s his title? Anyways, I don’t know if I get to make a speech because I didn’t get the award, but nobody else was making a speech so it seemed really awkward and like someone should say something. Also, the microphone looked lonely”
    • “If I had won, I would have thanked my wife, Trixie, who is like the most awesome lawyer ever. She throws people in jail for a living. I asked if she could throw me in jail and she said something about me being ‘too cute to go to prison.’ That sounds like a compliment to me. I’m pretty sure it’s also a legal defense if I ever am accused of a crime”
    • “I also want to thank my son, Quill. He helped me with the speech I’m not delivering, but it’s so good that I want to share a bit from it right now: ‘As winner of the Duke Eldritch Award, you should all give me candy. Also, dinosaurs are awesome.’ I’m so lucky I have such a smart son. He’s only four years old and he wrote that! Well, I wrote it for him. He doesn’t know how to write, but he gave me some really good pointers on my technique”
    • “I’d also like to thank Rocket for letting me wear him as a hat this season. That was one of the best moments ever”
    • “I’d like to thank Grute for reminding me that I am Grute. I had forgotten that and thought I was Horst”
    • “I’d also like to thank Drackis Deztroi. He played a really good game against us early in the season. Even though the Senators lost, I told him to keep his chin up. He told me that his chin is always up because it is attached to his face and that he never puts his face down, so his chin is never down. I’m not sure what that means, but it seems important”
    • “I would also like to thank a green humanoid female, but I haven’t met her yet, probably because she hasn’t been put in the draft yet. I think she’d be really cool and my wife would totally not be jealous of her”
    • “I would also like to thank Quinn Cundertol. At the start of the season he told me he examined 14,000,605 possible ways this season could go and in one of them we won the Galactic Cup. I guess this wasn’t that scenario, but he did tell me that in that scenario I screwed everything up...so I did my part!”
    • “Good night Naboo!”
      • This speech was delivered on Hapes
    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @Jedi Gunny

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    Bardan_Jusik, jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC
    Ojai, Bakura

Alana Kirt dipped the knife into the sandwich spread before she lay a fine, but complete, layer on the brown bread. As she did so, she listened for footsteps above her on the second floor of their house. The school year had been underway long enough that her kids were settling into a rhythm now. She was pleased that she didn’t have to drag them out of bed anymore.

Manhandling beings was about the only transferable skill from her life as Alana Glencross.

Since retiring from the ELL, Alana had gone by her married name of Kirt. In fact, it had been her legal name even for some of the time when she’d been playing, but she’d decided to continue to be known professionally as Alana Glencross to keep things easy. Though most everyone in town knew who she was (it was her hometown, after all), it was a lot easier at the grocery checkout for the cashier to say, “You saved 28.31 credits today, Ms. Kirt,” when they read her rewards card name on the vidscreen.

Heavy footsteps thudded slowly down the stairs. That meant Olivar, her eldest child, was coming down.

“Good morning,” Alana greeted him.

“They shouldn’t start school so early. Teenagers need more sleep in these formative years,” her copper-headed son groused as he slumped towards a cupboard to get cereal.

“Teenagers shouldn’t stay up so late playing video games, especially when they have high school limmie tryouts the next morning,” Alana corrected her son, absentmindedly waving the knife in his direction.

“It was research,” Olivar said.

“ELL 292 does not count as research,” Alana chided him without looking away from the second sandwich she was making.

“What if I’d been watching your highlights on the HoloNet?” Olivar asked.

“Still wouldn’t count. You’ve seen them too many times to learn anything new. Watch Kyr Irvin,” his father, Niall, said, coming into the room, reading the Cape Suzette Chronicle on his datapad. “You might learn something from him about how they’re playing the game these days that way.”

Alana almost made a retort about how her style of play was timeless, but decided against it. When she did watch limmie, the game looked different these days. Maybe it was or maybe it just seemed that way sitting on the couch and watching instead of playing. It didn’t really matter, for that part of her life was over.

The Kirts were now “your typical Bakuran family,” as Niall said. The good-old average nuclear family where dad was on the Federal Election Commission (a job that had ramped up this year with the federal elections in a few months), mom was a homemaker (who had gifted the family with a sizable trust of millions from her playing days that helped the family live comfortably), and the 2.3 kids who rolled their eyes when someone asked mom for an autograph.

Speaking of which…

A clatter of fast-paced footsteps that rolled into a skid across the hardwood floors was followed by a rush of motion that was primarily made up of a red-orange braid of hair. “You’re cutting it close, missy,” Alana chided her daughter without malice.

The 11-year-old grabbed the cereal box her brother had just finished with. “Sorry, but I was reading my holobook while I was brushing my teeth and I’d just gotten to the part where the kryat dragon was doing riddles with Elexios and that was when…”

That was where Alana lost the thread. Kass tore through books like they were going out of style and it was hard to keep up with the plots. That didn’t deter Kass from recounting events for the family, usually at twice a normal talking speed.

“And who won?” Niall asked.

“I don’t know!” Kass squealed. “That was when I realized what time it was!” She turned the holobook on in front of her to relieve her plot-related anxiety and dove in as she ate her breakfast.

Turning his attention to their son, Niall asked, “How do you feel about limmie tryouts? Good?”

“I’d feel better if Mom hadn’t gone to Hapes for a publicity stunt to remind everyone that she used to be the greatest limmie player ever,” Olivar grumbled. “Now they’ll expect me to be the best freshman out there.”

“No, they’ll expect you to be a freshman who’s played Little League Limmie,” Alana said. “Remember--”

“--I didn’t play limmie until I was a junior in high school so you’re going to be fine,” the entire family chanted in unison.

“I don’t talk about it that much...do I?” Alana asked.

“You know, you’re not actually helping. I mean, the fact you got started so late made you a limmie prodigy or something,” Kass offered, her nose still in her book. “It’ll make it super embarrassing if Ollie’s not amazing at limmie.”

“Speaking of not helping, Kassandra...” Niall warned her.

“You’ll do great,” Alana said, kissing her son on the top of his head. In the typical way of teenagers, he lightly pushed his mother away. She let him, even though once upon a time a Whipid couldn’t have moved her on the field. (Well, actually the Whipids usually did move her just based on physics, but that was beside the point.)

“Okay, let’s go everyone,” Alana ordered, “or we’re all going to be late. Same goes for you, mister.” This last comment was directed at her husband.

“Yes, captain,” Niall said as he turned back to the Chronicle.

Alana stuck her tongue out at her husband. “Love you,” she said.

“Have a nice day,” Niall said without looking away from the newspaper.

A nice day. Alana thought about what her “nice day” would likely be. Drop the kids off at their schools. Exercise. Get groceries. Clean the house. Read a book. Watch something on the holo. Pick up Kass. Take her to Little League practice. Get Olivar from limmie tryouts. Take them home. Make dinner. Eat dinner. Watch something on the holo with Niall. Read in bed. Go to sleep.

This was the life of Alana Kirt. It wasn’t at all a let down for a woman who had held the Galactic Cup of Limmie over head.

Me approved and by popular demand…

Name: Alana Glencross Kirt
    Species: Human [Bakuran]
    Birth year: 244 ABY
    Appearance: [​IMG]
    Homeworld: Bakura
    Relation to Team:
    Brief biography: Alana Kirt is a limmie mom. Well, she’s not like most limmie moms in that she’s a mom who used to play ELL limmie, but she does ferry her kids to and from limmie practice. She’s revered by millions of Miner fans but can’t get the droid at the library to forgive her overdue late fees. The biggest decisions she makes these days is whether to get jogan or meiloorun at the grocery store for the kids’ lunches for the week.

This is the life she wanted when she walked away from limmie: the mom who brings cupcakes to class for her kids’ birthdays, makes a family recipe for a macaroni casserole, and attends wine nights with her female friends.

She definitely doesn’t miss playing limmie at all. She never looks at her three Galactic Cup rings when her family isn’t around. She is absolutely not bored sitting around the house. She doesn’t think at least twice a day about the fact she beat a misogynistic wave jockey in front of the entire galaxy to prove that females are just as good at limmie as males and definitely doesn’t wonder if maybe there actually is a little bit left in the tank.

Nope. She’s Alana Kirt: all-Bakuran mom.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    Runjedirun, jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  7. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Logan Manx-Sandin
    Mesh'la Vhetin, Keldabe, Mandalore

We're here, another road game, another week of practice behind us. It has been a long tough road that got us here but, very little of that matters now. All that matters is the foe that is about to take the field. The Mercs, the winners five galactic cups, two of those wins came over the Pirates in this very game. I still remember the game from 279, Leigh, Else and Seiji also remember it. It was hands down our best season besides our only cup run in 283. In most recent memory is 288 where we fell by 16 points after fighting our way to the finals.

It has been nearly three years to the date since that lost. The hard fought game that we just didn't have the steam to see through. Cutty and Serica played like machines putting up shot after shot and it still wasn't enough. Since then we've been out in the cold looking in our faces pressed against the glass just witnessing as all the other Skywalker teams got their chance to shine. Even Euceron got a Galactic Cup, all while the Pirates were just watching from the sidelines. Not this year, we made it past the first hurdle now we need to get past this one.

The hurdle that faces us now is a tall one, the Mercs, the top of the Skywalker, well rested and playing on home turf. A lot of things were in their favor, but, we were prepared. We knew this wasn't going to be an easy fight. We've been training for this, days spent keeping our bodies sharp. I've studied the Mercs up and down looked over their offensive strategies knew who to shut down, who to give just enough room to hang themselves. Maybe it would make a difference, I hope it makes a difference. What good am I as a coach if I can't make a plan to beat our opponents?

I look around to the players the team that has worked hard, harder than any other team to get here. My gaze passes over to Ard the Zygerrian rookie goalie sat between Mighty Mo and Big J. He'd done well, getting us this far, with all eyes on him. It helped that he had had good defense in front of him. The battleship line held strong despite a few hiccups here and there. One very specific one comes to mind. Though I have no doubt in my mind that they have passion for this team and this sport. Even Gaius, a Trieste, had the Pirate spirit in him.

Finally it was time to take the field to face the home team and their challenge to us. As is tradition the team takes the field staring down the Mercs as they went through the Dha Werda Verda. I know what they are feeling the nerves before a game and watching the opposing team challenge you, call you out with howling voices. It only adds to the feeling in your stomach. I'm getting that feeling and I'm on the sidelines. My team stands, out of respect as is expected. Once it finishes, and the teams are lining up a hear voices from the stands. A song really.

'What do you do with a Drunken Spacer
    What do you do with a Drunken Spacer
    What do you do with a Drunken Spacer
    Earli in the morning.
    '

It is off key and discordant but, to me it sounds like an angelic chorus ringing out from above. That's what the team needs, that is what will get them charged for this game. I look up to the 'Black Spot' standing out in the sea of blue and silver, the Pirate flag waving. I can always trust my fans to be with us. I know that anyone in that group is a diehard fans, I don't want to think about what they had to do to get the block of tickets that they did but, I'm glad they are here and in full force.

The teams line up each staring each other down. We both know what is on the line here, this is the last stop before the finals. I may not know who'll win but I know we're going to put everything got into this. The whistle sounds and Cutty springs into the air fighting with Langdon to get a hand on the tip off. It's the white haired Carratosian that gets a hand on it, knocking it towards the half forwards. Else picks it up and rushes down the field dashing a quick pass off to Leigh.It is a good start to a must win game.

The first drive is stopped cold by Mauntak bringing down Tian but, the energy is already there. The Mercs try to pass out of their zone but, Seiji swipes it from Kol, shouldering her just enough out of his way, on the left side. This set up a perfect cross pass to Cutty. She heads it into the net with a picture perfect header. With that we are on the board in the first few minutes of the game. That is the type of energy we need in this game. It didn't stop there even after the goal the forwards didn't give their markers any peace.

The Mercs eventually get out of their zone but, we don't make it easy on them. Riian has to fight off Leigh hounding him every step he took. In the midfield Dragonblaster get to work jockeying with Pic and Burnsbacca when the pass goes to the wookiee they don't hesitate Natsu coming in high and Grey sliding in low cutting down the towering midfielder. The pile of bodies hits the field with a thunderous crash. I swear I feel the ground shake. The wookiee doesn't give up the ball so easy chucking it to his partner but, Natsu is hot on her heels as she passes up to the forwards.

Just getting out of the midfield isn't enough. Our defense crashes down on Mercs. We don't give a single inch Mikia wraps up Scythe taking her to the ground. With a fast hand the ball came loose. Grey scrambles for the loose ball taking a hit from Pic as he just gets his hands around it. Turning hard he finds the open space and breaks through. The play moves forward at a blinding speed. Before I know it Leigh is knocking on the goal line. She makes a hard turn on Riian leaving the Lasat in the dust behind her.

And that is the first half, us making a dominant performance racking up goals and smothering the Mercs offense. It gives me hope that we might be able to carry the day. Then in the second half, Leigh went up for a pass Riian following after. Both fall to the ground Leigh clutching her knee, I know that injury Riian looking also like something had gone terrible wrong. The trainers go out check over the players then help them back to the bench. Now I'm down a half forward and captain. I look to the other two waiting for them to come check on their line mate.

They do and I worry that they will sit out, not wanting to work without their friend.

"Don't give up the game for me." Leigh gumbles, "Stay on the field bring this home." Seiji and Else nod I look down the bench and my eye falls on a young man with black hair. San right, rookie, he's shown some promise was now the time to send him in?

"Coming in for the Mandalorian Mercenaries, Larry Johns Left Half Back."

If the Mercs are throwing in a rookie, I might as well give the the honor of sending in one of mine.

"I only need a little rest coach." Leigh says her eyes full of pain she wants to finish this game to see it to its end.

I nod looking to Daniel.

"Daniel, get in there."

"Me sir?" He said looking up his white sweatband around his head.

"There another Daniel on this team?" I say lowering my brow.

He takes the hint and rushes out onto the field. I look to Mikia letting out a long breath. This is the worst time to lose our captain. I'm looking to her to pick up the slack. She might not be the official assistant captain but, right now she needs to be.

Daniel takes his place across from Johns, dressed in the road whites against his opponent's dark blue almost black in this light. Play begins again and Johns is all over Daniel not giving him a hair's breadth of room. I don't take my eyes off the rookie, I hate to admit it but, I'm worried. Times ticks by and I see Daniel getting worn down maybe he wasn't ready for this. I see Johns sweep in low cutting Daniel out at the knees. Clear as day. Seems my worries were founded.

"Hey Ref you see that. Guy just tried to take his leg off." I shout in rage at the whistle not getting blown. Daniel is on the ground also holding his knee. My head is held in my hands, great now I got to sub in another one. I look up to the poor kid, only a few minutes of playtime and he takes a hit like that. I'm getting ready to send the trainers in when I see him look to the stands, like he's searching for someone. I try to follow his eye line but, I can't see through the mass of people crowding the seats.

With gritted teeth the rookie gets up wincing a little. I should send the trainer in the kid is going to hurt himself more. But, I wait, I'll give him one more chance he goes down again I take him out.

On the next play I see Johns go for the same move and want to look away but, I can't. Daniel brings up his knee and I only have a moment to see it connecting with the defender's jaw and sending him tumbling to the ground. I hold in a shout a cheer at what I just witnessed. The ref blows his whistle. Of course now they notice it, when it is my player making the penalty but it doesn't matter. I feel a tap at my shoulder.

"Kid's done his job, I'm ready to go back in." Leigh stands behind me standing on her injured knee.

"You sure." I ask not wanting to put her in further peril.

"I will finish this game."

Another time of poor judgement on my part but, I need to she needs to. After that play I see Serica go over and rub Daniel's head no doubt congratulating him for his play.

I sub Leigh back in and I hear the 'Black Spot' erupted into cheers seeing their captain retake the field.

As he limps back I give Daniel a smile and nod of my head.

"You did good." Looking over to the other side of the field, I see Johns getting led away, no doubt to be checked out for a concussion.

We go on to win the game, the team playing with a passion and fire that I've seen only a handful of times.

If we can keep this up, the Starkillers don't stand a chance.

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik (Who approved of the interaction between Daniel San and Larry Johns.)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    Vehn, Trieste, Runjedirun and 2 others like this.
  8. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"College limmie championship was last night and we had two teams playing for all the marbles in what was a good one..."

"Meh."

"Meh?"

"This one never seemed all that exciting to me, just kind of ...meh."

"Maybe that's because neither was really an elite team?"

"I think that was it, number seven against number eight. I mean It was a good game, but overall not one featuring what I think was the best talent in the college game."

"GVSU seemed to be playing from behind all night, but managed never trailed by more than three until late."

"I think that was part of it too, the Pilots kept it close, but it never seemed close."

"Druckenwell Technical University wins the Mining Guild Bowl, and the GCAA Limmie title over GVSU by the final of 22 to 17."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

TAG: no one/everyone

Trieste, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  9. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for Thyferra (33)

Futures Cup Finals
    Royal Limmie Grounds, Ta’a Chume’dan, Hapes
    Cantonica Golden Knights vs Thyferra Force (4-3)

Congratulations to the Cantonica Golden Knights The 290 Limmie Futures League Champions!

Tags: @SWNerd11 @Jedi Gunny

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    Trieste likes this.
  10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus potential for both teams! Best of luck to you and here's hoping for a great game!
    135th Galactic Cup Final
    Royal Limmie Grounds, Ta’a Chume’dan, Hapes

(3) Carratos Pirates vs. (1) Ralltiir Starkillers (38-24)

Congratulations to the Carratos Pirates, the 292 Galactic Cup Champions!

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422 @Runjedirun

Vehn and jcgoble3 like this.
  11. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Ezra Allin

Chapter 24 The Season is Over

It wasn’t so bad in the beginning. At least the Starkillers were keeping up with the ridiculous pace of scoring. Most of my family enjoyed watching Olidiipo, Sancheeze and uncle Tomas put early points on the board. I couldn’t keep my eyes off Cliff Tuff. Unless I tried to avert my eyes to dad. Which became harder and harder because I knew he felt as bad as I did. Maybe dad felt worse. Probably, dad felt worse. Getting scored on is the worst. To watch the defense give up 38 points in one game. Well it’s just brutal.

There wasn’t anything we could do, but watch. My mom allowed us to buy whatever we wanted. This is huge cause she’s usually so picky about our diets. I ordered a sundae and it’s a good thing I had to eat it early. I wouldn’t have been hungry for long. That was it, the highlight of the 291 Galactic Limmie Final. I got to eat a sundae. When the game ended my mom was crying. Again, she tried to hide it. “Let’s go give your father a hug,” she said as we got up from our seats.

Dad was down on the sideline congratulating Logan Manx-Sandin on the win. He was very brief. I could tell by his body language that he didn’t want to be there. He wanted to run off that field as fast as possible and I didn’t blame him. As soon as Dad shook Logan’s hand he did run right by a reporter and into the locker room. Security got us to him eventually. Not nearly as fast as they did when we played at home. Dad was packing equipment when we got there. My mom gave him a hug first. She lost it. “You’re not the one that lost,” my dad told her.

When she finally let go my dad just looked at us kids and shrugged. “Can’t win them all,” he said.

“Sorry, you lost dad.” Cammie said quietly.

“Don’t be,” my dad said. “This isn’t your fault. You have nothing to be sorry for.” My dad kept packing and when the bag was full he zipped it up and started on the next. He even pushed aside an equipment worker and said, “I got this.” I think the work kept his mind off losing.

I did give my dad a quick brief hug before we went back to the hotel to collect or bags. On the way to the shuttle my mom stopped at a bakery and got my dad a cake. Tomorrow is dad’s birthday. I can’t imagine celebrating your birthday after losing a cup. Mom wasn’t about to skip it though. When we got to the Spaceport on Hapes she made us kids go make sure dad was distracted so he wouldn’t see her bring the cake on board. “I want it to be a surprise.”

Dad was just wandering around the shuttle. Players were getting comfortable in their bunks. Headphones already on and holos being selected from data pads to watch on the flight back. T.J. didn’t do anything. He picked a bunk and started to relax. Cammie followed me, so I asked Uncle Tomas to distract my dad. “Why?”

“My mom has a surprise for him and she wants him distracted,” I say.

“Coach,” Uncle Tomas calls. My dad turns around. “Where do you want Ezra to bunk?” My dad looks around. Me and Cammie are both standing there. “Why don’t you come back in my office,” he suggests.

We both follow him. My dad has a king sized bed and a holo on the wall. “Make yourselves at home,” he says. He doesn’t smile but he seems more relaxed as he tries to make us comfortable. He pulls out a drawer from under the bed with extra pillows and blankets. “Here you go,” he says.

My mom comes to join us, but T.J. stays out with the team. I haven’t slept in a bed with my parents in forever. Maybe it was silly, maybe I’m too old. I didn’t care. I liked being with my dad and knowing he was okay. When he walked off that field the day before he didn’t look okay. He didn’t look like my dad. He looked so sad.

The next morning, we all had breakfast in the mess hall. I did schoolwork and I guess everyone else just watched more holos. After lunch my mom brought the cake into the mess hall and my dad was surprised. He smiled, he kissed my mom. Usually that bothers me, but after yesterday knowing things would be normal again meant more to me than my parents kissing in private.

As I was greedily eating my ice cream and cake my mom sat down next to me, “Curious to know what your punishment is?”

“No,” I tired.

“Well I’ll tell you anyway. 2 weeks grounding, no holo chats with your friends.”

It was for the best. I needed to tell my friends I was gay. I hadn’t told them yet and now I’d just have to do it face to face. All my old problems came rushing back and losing the cup got a little less painful. Besides there would always be next season.

Tags: none
    Oct 22nd is Zac Hanson's Birthday and it's kinda like my favorite day of the year ;)

Trieste likes this.
  12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Ralltiir Starkillers announce roster transactions
      • Davy Lawco signs 5 year extension
      • Vic Olidiipo signs 3 year extension
      • Saiada Clarette signs 3 year extension
      • Tomas Vigo agrees to a one year extension. Vigo insists he doesn’t want a long term contract and also refuses to say he’s considering playing for any other franchise. “I play for the Starkillers or no one. I just don’t want a long term commitment. I’m 24,” Vigo told reporters
      • Kettin Hervey retires
      • Alec Kazoo retires
    • Tatooine Sandskimmers announce roster transactions
      • Krista Kuper signs 5 year extension
      • Jenga signs 2 year extension
      • Robacca retires
      • Spencer Vigo steps down as head coach. Will continue in his role as GM
      • Yolanda Dunerider is announced as the Head Coach of the Sandskimmers
    • BBC releases its 292 Bak10 preview
    • UB Telaan Valley projected to finish first, one season after winning the conference
    • College of Deredith & Millicent expected to have their highest finish in a decade by finishing second
    • Defending champions UBSD projected to finish third after losing Collyeen Sekoiyah to pro ranks
    • Tiarest University expected to crater to seventh without Kallin Stonefield
    • Atalanta University projected to remain in the basement
      • “Erreeonagronday was great, but they still finished last without him so how could they possibly get any better now?”
    • Full projections:
      • UB Telaan Valley
      • College of Deredith & Millicent
      • UB Salis D’aar
      • Bakura Fleet Academy
      • UB Gesco City
      • Tiarest University
      • Bakura Fleet Academy
      • Prytis College of Natural Sciences
      • UB Cape Suzette
      • Atalanta University
    TAG: @Runjedirun

Bardan_Jusik and Runjedirun like this.
  13. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Alana Kirt
    Ojai, Bakura

Alana decided it was better to wait in the speeder than it was to stand on the sidelines and wait for Olivar to finish his tryout. She was aware that it wasn’t easy for her kids to play limmie and be her son and daughter. Limmie tryouts were a big deal in adolescent life and she didn’t want to add to it with her physical presence. Besides, teenagers wanted to spread their wings. If she was hanging around Ollie wouldn’t talk with his friends the same way or be himself.

He also might not like it if she called him Ollie. She’d have to ask about that at some point.

Alana was reading One Thousand Years of Seclusion, a magical realism novel that she’d gotten from the library. It was one of the books featured in the BBC’s Great Bakuran Read and she’d decided to see how many of the 100 books she could get through this year.

Except for Gloaming, the vampire romance directed at tweens. She drew the line at that.

And Fifty Shades of Iron, which had started life as Gloaming fanfiction. Come to think of it, some Bakurans might not have that great of taste in literature…

The speeder door opened and Olivar pulled himself in. He did not look happy. Alana glanced at Kass in the rear view mirror and gave her a look to let her know now wasn’t a time to make jokes.

“So...how’d it go?” Alana asked tentatively. She decided she wasn’t going to start the speeder engine quite yet.

Olivar was clutching his gym bag with such ferocity that Alana was shocked he hadn’t dug holes into it.

“Coach said he wants you to come to his office tomorrow if you can,” Olivar said.

“Did he say why?” Alana asked.

“No. Not ‘good practice, Olivar.’ Not ‘see you on the pitch, Olivar.’ Just ‘Have your mom see me tomorrow in my office,’” Olivar said, getting more and more worked up. “He’s probably going to ask how someone like you could have a son so bad at limmie.”

“At least he didn’t say it in front of everyone,” Kass piped up. Apparently she had not understood the look.

“Kass,” Alana scolded. “I am positive he won’t.”

“Then why didn’t he say anything about my tryout?” Olivar demanded.

“I don’t know. I never did tryout,” Alana said, and immediately regretted it.

“Yeah, because you never had to try out! Because you’re Alan Glencross, the greatest limmie player ever with a billion awards and Quinn Cundertol on speed dial!” Olivar exploded. “Do you know how hard it is to be your son knowing that? Do you? Having to work my shebs off while you were an idiot savant! Emphasis on the idiot!”

“Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh,” Kass crooned from the back seat. “You said a Mando word.”

Alana turned around to glare at her daughter. “No holo for you tonight.”

“But I didn’t say anything!” Kass protested.

“You’re not helping,” Alana informed her. She then looked at Olivar. “And you, sir, aren’t going anywhere until you father and I talk about your behavior.”

“That’s right. Take it out on me because I’m a failure at limmie,” Olivar said, sinking into his seat morosely with his arms crossed.

“No, you’re in trouble because this is how you reacting to this situation. Your coach doesn’t pat you on the back and tell you you’re the greatest?” Alana shook her head and started the speeder. “Welcome to life, Olivar. You’ve got to earn your way and sometimes you try as hard as you can and you still come up short. Life isn’t about making the team--it’s about how you react to it.”

“Easy for you to say. You won three Cups,” Olivar grumbled.

“You know how many playoff games I lost before I won that Cup? And you know what? I still won those Cups,” Alana said, her temper starting to flare. “You don’t make the team this year--that’s not something you can control. But you can control what you do with that.”

The speeder glided down the road in silence for a good ten seconds.

“I’m going to put some music on,” Kass suggested.

“No you’re not,” Alana said. “I ever tell you two about your grandfather and sinnet?” Neither kid said anything, but Alana saw Kass’s eyebrows go up in interest. “Your grandfather tried out for the sinnet team in his sophomore year. He got a spot, but then they bumped him because there was this hotshot transfer who came to the school and they wanted him on the roster. The coach told him so. Well, Grandpa met another guy who also didn’t make the team and the two of them decided to be a doubles pair. They won the school league doubles tournament, even beating some of doubles from the varsity team. In fact, they never lost a match in three years as partners.

“Well, turned out that hotshot bolted for another school. The coach came to Grandpa and asked if he’d join the team now that they had a spot. You know what Grandpa said? ‘When you didn’t keep me the first time, that showed me what you really felt about me. Thanks, but no thanks.’”

“So you want me to decline a spot then? Then why even let me try out?” Olivar asked.

“If I wasn’t opposed to corporal punishment I’d whack you on the head,” Alana sighed. “The point isn’t that he didn’t join the team. It’s what he did when he got rejected. He worked hard and proved everyone wrong. You don’t make the team this year? That’s tough. But maybe it’ll be the best thing that could have happened to you. I got laid out by more players than I can remember because something happened to them put a chip on their shoulder. They spent their entire careers proving the galaxy that somebody once got them wrong.”

“Can you not remember how many because you had too many concussions?” Kass asked.

“You want to turn that no holo ban into a week, missy?” Alana asked with a smile.

Olivar turned around. “What you should have said is that she couldn’t count them off because of her shoulder,” he told his sister.

Alana nearly laughed. “That’s a good one, but I’m still talking about this with Dad.”

“What if I tell you a joke about Ryi Kor’le?” Olivar suggested.

“I’ll laugh, but it’s not getting you out of this,” Alana said. The tension in the speeder was starting to ease, but Alana wasn’t going to let this go. It seemed her kids needed some serious life lessons.

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik

OOC note: That “sinnet” story is an actual family story.

14. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Rydonni Prime General Manager, Bryant Nathans, steps down after three seasons with the Monarchs for a coaching position with a Division school on Bakura. “I enjoyed my time in the Elite League, but I could not pass up the opportunity to pass on my Limmie knowledge at a school on my homeworld. The Monarchs will hold a special place in my heart, but Bakura has always held my whole heart.”
    • Eowin Oriel, President of the Monarchs, named Dawn Solo as the new General Manager. “This is a historic moment for Elite League Limmie on Rydonni Prime. Ms Solo is the first person to hold the distinction of having played for the Monarchs, coached the Monarchs, and will now lead the Monarchs from the Front Office.”
    • Dawn Solo’s first act as General Manager was to promote her former Assistant Head Coach, Corrie Andersen. Her next was to sign all of the current Monarchs’ with expiring contracts to extensions. “Last season we proved that we have the right pieces in place to make a run for the Cup. We just need to build upon what we’ve started.”
    • When asked why the Monarchs had not declared their participation in the 292 ELL Entry Draft, Solo simply replied, “I ain’t gonna mess wit’ sometin’ that ain’t broke.”
    • Rydonni Prime Monachs roster transactions:
      • Ari’ann’emartell signs 6 year extension
      • Liddy Powe signs 6 year extension
      • Elsa Sarnac signs 6 year extension
      • Mar’gaery signs 6 year extension
      • Cameryn Wybash signs 6 year extension
      • Gemma Sal-Solo signs 6 year extension
    • Cantonica Golden Knights roster transactions:
      • Corvo Antilles signs 4 year extension
      • Lena Roselli signs 5 year extension
      • Ryan Barlen signs 4 year extension
      • Severine signs 5 year extension
      • Cotts’lan’tnanam signs 4 year extension
      • Tess Sanouci signs 5 year extension
      • Carrie Remington signs 5 year extension
      • Rhonda Gabor signs 5 year extension
      • Olle Quiver signs 4 year extension
    TAG: @SWNerd11

15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Aebatt Zargana, on Dawn Solo's comment about not participating in the Draft: "Hmm... that sounds familiar..."
    • Mando'ade Mercs announce several player transactions:
      • Retirement of midfielder Viela Pahre
      • Zap Dos (right half forward) has opted to become a free agent
      • Jo'Ker (left half forward) has opted to become a free agent
      • Flad "Deadshot" Ly'ton (half forward) has signed a two year contract extension.
      • Harkash Giles (midfielder) has signed a one year contract extension
    • Mercs trade Jolla Pic to Miners for cash considerations
      • Pic announces her retirement from limmie after storied career, retires as a Miner
      • Mercs announce cash received for Pic has been donated to the Coalition War Memorial Veterans Fund
      • HSN analyst: "Classy all around"
    • HSN releases final 292 draft rankings
      • Kerry Trieste on the fact that Bak10 players are ranked second-to-last, second-to-last, and last in their positions: "Good grief"
    Final HSN Rankings for 292 Draft
    Goalkeepers
    1. Tigris Gaul (Human, Male, Goalkeeper, Imperial College of Bastion)
    2. Kaylee Kaliko (Cathar, Female Goaltender, Bar'ton LC Carratos)
    Defenders
    1. Jerod Baker (Human, Male, Half Back, VCU)
    2. Hagen (Human [Mandalorian], Male, Defensive Back, Keldabe Military Institute)
    3. Valentin Mendes (Human, Male, Back, Norand University, Carratos)
    4. Tipa Sabur (Zelosian, Female, Half Back, University of Coruscant)
    5. Raekwaan McMaster (Human, Male, Half Back, VCU)
    6. Schrodia Dens (Human, Female Half Back, University of Tatooine, Anchorhead)
    7. Cheedee Erreeonagronday (Duro, Male, Defender, Atalanta University)
    8. Tu'gray (Weequay, Male, Defensive Back, Coruscant Air Fleet Academy)
    Midfielders
    1. Lucilla Aurelius (Human [Hapan], Female, Midfielder, Royal College of Hapes)
    2. Kallin Stonefield (Human [Bakuran], Male, Midfielder, Tiarest University)
    Forwards
    1. Iiron Judge (Male, Ugnaught, Half Forward, University of Mon Calamari)
    2. Oriana Deshaard (Human, Female, Forward, VCU)
    3. Juba (Human, Male, Half Forward, University of Thyferra)
    4. Sam Isky (Mirialan, Male, Forward, University of Carratos)
    5. Alexa Kiadees (Human, Female, Corner Forward, VCU)
    6. Chan'wel Ji'kar (Zabrak, Male, Forward, Derrling College of Technology)
    7. Jell'asa Stann (Zeltron, Female, Corner Forward, Coruscant Polytechnic Institute)
    8. Collyeen Sekoiyah (Human [Bakuran], Female, Forward, UB Salis D'aar)
    9. Cheff Juneprairie (Human, Male, Full Forward, Cambrielle College, Ralltiir)
    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 @jcgoble3 @Jedi Gunny @Runjedirun @Vehn

16. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    College Award Winners

Ruy Gey Award for Best Goalkeeper:
    Tigris Gaul (Human, Male, Goalkeeper, Imperial College of Bastion)

Grazo Award for Best Corner or Full Back:
    Valentin Mendes (Human, Male, Back, Norand University, Carratos)

Outlandi Award for Best Interior Defender:
    Jerod Baker (Human, Male, Half Back, VCU)

Batkis Award for Best Midfielder:
    Lucilla Aurelius (Human [Hapan], Female, Midfielder, Royal College of Hapes)

Bulitnekoff Award for Best Corner or Full Forward:
    Jell'asa Stann (Zeltron, Female, Corner Forward, Coruscant Polytechnic Institute)

Lombardee Award for Best Interior Forward:
    Sam Isky (Mirialan, Male, Forward, University of Carratos)

Myxwell Award for Best Offensive Player:
    Iiron Judge (Male, Ugnaught, Half Forward, University of Mon Calamari)

Remmiton Award for Best Defensive Player:
    Hagen (Human [Mandalorian], Male, Defensive Back, Keldabe Military Institute)

Helmsman Finalists:
    Jerod Baker (Human, Male, Half Back, VCU)
    Iiron Judge (Male, Ugnaught, Half Forward, University of Mon Calamari)
    Tigris Gaul (Human, Male, Goalkeeper, Imperial College of Bastion)
    Valentin Mendes (Human, Male, Back, Norand University, Carratos)
    Oriana Deshaard (Human, Female, Forward, VCU)

Helmsman Winner:
    Oriana Deshaard (Human, Female, Forward, VCU)

TAG: Everyone

17. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    GM Approved

Ty Allin
    Species: Human
    Home World: Corellia
    Relation to Team: Head Coach
    Physical Appearance:
    [​IMG]

Everyone thinks they know Ty Allin. Everyone thinks the only thing on Ty Allin’s mind is winning the 292 Galactic cup. There’s just one problem. Winning the 292 Galactic Cup really isn’t that important to Ty. Ty Allin came to a realization about a week after losing last season’s cup. He’s burned out. He really doesn’t care about Limmie anymore. He took a week off to recharge and he had the best week of his life. He didn’t watch a minute of tape, or pick up a bolo ball or even listen to the wire for news about free agencies or trades. Ty Allin, for one week, had been free.

So why didn’t he just retire? Well there’s one thing Ty Allin is afraid of. Ty Allin is literally afraid of losing his mind. Moments of his life are already missing. Sometimes he’ll be at dinner with his family and he won’t know how he got there. He has seen the footage of the 282 Final, but he doesn’t remember physically being there. Doctors have advised Allin to keep his mind active and the only job Allin knows is Limmie. He feels he has no choice. He must keep coaching or risk forgetting all the good times he’s had. Forget his beautiful wife and kids, the things that mean the most to him. He can’t bear that thought.

There’s just one question to be answered in 292. Can he be an effective coach if his heart isn’t into it?

18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Former Monarch Val Keller (Human, Female, Defensive Back) returns to Rydonni Prime on a new contract
    TAG: @SWNerd11

Vehn likes this.
  19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• ELL releases 292 schedule to celebrate 30th anniversary of the Silver Era
    • Leia Adama speaks for the first time about her trade to the Miners
      • "Dirxx and I talked about a possible trade given where the Senators are headed. It's something that made sense for them in building around a young core. Bakura was a top destination for me"
      • "Coruscant is always going to hold a special place in my heart, but I'm 100% committed to winning with the Miners now"
      • On playing on her homeworld: "This is the kind of thing you dream about as a kid. I look forward to putting on the blue and gold"
      • On potential future contracts: "As I look at it, I've got a one year tryout. We'll see what I earn at the end of it"
    TAG: @Jedi Gunny

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Elite League Limmie 292: What Do You Mean We've Been Playing for 30 Years?!

"I now declare the ELL Draft for 292 open," Commissioner Lokensgaard said. "The first overall pick belongs to the Coruscant Senators, who are now on the clock."

General manager Dirxx Horstse came to the podium to personally make the pick. "With the first pick of the 292 draft, the Coruscant Senators select Oriana Deshaard, Forward, Vertical City University. The Nar Shaddaa Smugglers are now on the clock."

TAG: @Jedi Gunny @Vehn

21. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Liberty Karr
    292 ELL Draft

“With the second pick of the 292 ELL draft the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers select Lucilla Aurelius,midfielder, Royal College of Hapes,” Mayor Liberty Karr announced to the cheers of the crew.

“Welcome to the Skywalker Conference, Lucilla.”

[​IMG]

The tall and beautiful midfielder smiled and waved to the crowd. She would be paired with Aurora Windreaver and just like that her career and a new generation of Smugglers fans was born.

Tag:mad:Trieste

Trieste, Bardan_Jusik and Runjedirun like this.
  22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC

"With the third selection of the 292 ELL Draft," Quinn Cundertol announced, "the Bakura Miners select..."
    "...Valentin Mendes, Back, Norand University, Carratos."

The defending Galactic Cup champions would likely not be happy that the Grazo Award winner and Helmsman finalist was off the board before they could pick. The small smirk in the corner of Quinn Cundertol's mouth might even suggest he'd done it on purpose.

Maybe.
    "The Mando'ade Mercs are now on the clock."

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik

Jedi Gunny and Runjedirun like this.
  23. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! on location from the oyau'baat cafe, it's Draft Night for the ELL. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the Mando'ade Mercs for your draft day coverage. We'll be here for the whole day leading up to and of course during and after the draft with our spot on analysis. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker and Kitterich back in the studio oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

"It's the draft and I'm loving it!"

Four hours later...

"I now declare the ELL Draft for 292 open," Commissioner Lokensgaard said. "The first overall pick belongs to the Coruscant Senators, who are now on the clock..."

"Oya, oya, oya!" the words echoed out over the wave to anyone listening to the Fandalorian.

Several minutes later...

"The Mando'ade Mercs..."

"Oya, oya, oya!"

"...are now on the clock."

"OK Justin, moment of truth here, Mercs are on the clock, who do they go get?"

"Ya know, I'm not sure..."

"You're not?"

"Not really."

"Hard hitting analysis there Justin."

"Yeah, remind me why you get paid for this."

"We get paid for this?"

"Well. I mean I had an idea going into the draft. I was told to keep it quiet, and I did..."

"Because you're scared of Ryi Kor'le."

"...because I'm scared of Ryi Kor'le, but my sources say the Mercs were very high, very very high, on Aurelius..."

"Who was taken at who by the Strugglers."

"Right. They have a need at midfielder, and well she's the best of the crop there..."

"She reminds me of Ant'ope, another middie from Hapes..."

"They might be sisters, I'm not sure."

"I am sure they are in some universe."

"In any case, she was the Mercs number one option and now I'm not really sure where they go."

"No idea?"

"Rumor is they might even go off board, but I don't want to speculate..."

"Well we'll have our answer here in a moment, here comes the pick."

The clipped accent of Mercs GM Adenn Vizsla was broadcast for all to hear. "With the fourth overall pick of the 292 ELL First Year Player Draft the Mando'ade Mercs select..."

"Oya, oya, oya!"

"...Maximus, midfielder from Concord War College."

"Oya, oya, oya!"

"Who?"

"Maximus cannot be here tonight as he is back home harvesting his crop. The Ralltiir Starkillers are now on the clock."

"Wow, so they do go off board with their first pick to grab their middie, and I have to say from what I've heard, he is a good one."

"Dawntreaders won what? Four games last season?"

"That's right."

"How good could he be?"

"Well he's raw, but he's got the reputation as a fighter and a fine field general, give him some time to season up and he could be dominant..."

"Maximus, Maximus, Maximus!" The chanting from the crowd at the oyu'baat roared out over the wave drowning out the hosts for a moment.

"...and as you can tell, the fans here love the move..."

"Maximus, Maximus, Maximus!"

"...even if it's an unorthodox one."

"..and I'll say one more thing, I guarantee they will be entertained."

TAG: @Runjedirun . Oh and @Vehn so glad someone got my Gladiator reference there right away. :p

Vehn, jcgoble3, Jedi Gunny and 2 others like this.
  24. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC Ty Allin

I watched intently as Richard Vigo inspected his sandwich. The small black dot with legs, could it be? A bug on his sandwich. Richard looked closer then touched the tiny object. The plastic object fell off the bread and unto the plate. “Not funny,” he said flicking it towards me.

“Yea, it was,” I say with a laugh.

“Why do we put up with him?” Richard asks Loren Jul. Our head scout sits at the third seat in our little war room.

“He’s a good coach,” Loren reminds Richard.

It’s true I’ve gotten this team back to the play-offs. Last season I stepped it up and we won the division. They had no choice. They had to put up with me. I knew Limmie. They trusted me. Trusted me so much that last season I’d traded away a second-round pick for my own cousin. It left us in a bind this year. One low first round pick and two third rounders. It meant this first round pick was important. Was there even a defender that could help us out? I mean how bad was our defense. Pretty awful.

Rookies didn’t come out and lead defenses. I knew that. Well there was one this season. Who maybe could. Luckily the only team ahead of us to take a defender was the Miners and they hadn’t taken our first choice.

“You’re up,” Loren said as she inspected her own sandwich for foreign objects.

Richard tossed me the jersey. I headed out of the room and made my way to the stage. This was one of the perks of the job. Being in the spotlight. All those beings back on Ralltiir waiting to hear what I had to say. Not to mention 20 some beings out in the audience waiting for their fate to be decided. “So,” I said into the microphone. “I got this here jersey. It’s for the 5th overall pick. Now who deserves to be the 5th overall pick?” I look around at the tables. These are Limmie players, they try to look like they aren’t nervous. I see my choice. The military man from Mandalore. He’s not even pretending. He’s not nervous. “Hagen,” I say in my most serious military sounding voice. “Will you accept this honor?”

Hagen stands tall. He walks quickly, but not eagerly up to my side. I hold out my hand and he reaches for it. When our hands touch he receives a slight shock and a buzzing sound is heard over the sound system. The young man jumps backwards. He’s not taken back though, he laughs. “I heard about you,” he says putting his head in his hands. He looks at me, gives me a real serious glare, "Better watch your back, Coach.”

I like this guy.

Tag: @galactic-vagabond422

25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Alana Kirt
    Ojai, Bakura

Alana knocked on the doorjamb of the classroom. “Coach Hodapp?” she asked.

The teacher looked up from his desk from where he was grading papers. “Mrs. Kirt, thanks for making time during my prep period to come in,” he said as he stood. On the walls were posters of faux newspapers of moments from the Clone Wars. It looked like Ojai North High School’s limmie coach was also one of their history teachers.

The pair met in the middle of the classroom to shake hands. “Call me Alana, please. Mrs. Kirt is my mother in-law.”

“So noted. I’m Dav. Have a seat,” Hodapp said, motioning to one of the desks as he took a seat in one. “I’m glad we had an opportunity to talk. Olivar had a great tryout. He’s going to be a good addition to the team.”

Alana blinked. “He made the team?”

“Yeah, of course he did,” Dav said in confusion. “He was far and away one of the best freshmen out there. He’s not going to start to begin the season, but the Little League has definitely helped him a lot.”

The ginger gave a sigh of exasperation. “If you knew what I had to deal with over the last few days. I’ve been living with a teenager who was sure his life was over because he didn’t make the team.”

“I thought he would have known he was a shoe in,” Dav said in amazement. “You’ve got a talented son.”

“Thanks, but then why am I here?” Alana asked.

“I heard you’ve been coaching your kids in Little League Limmie.”

“My daughter’s team. That’s why Olivar’s so good--I haven’t ruined him,” Alana joked.

“My midfield coordinator left the team after last season. His kid graduated and that was always his motivation for being involved in the program. I wanted to see if you’d be interested given your experience,” Dav asked.

“Whoa whoa whoa,” Alana said, putting her hands up. “Coaching nine year olds largely involves yelling at them to be in the right positions, not strategy. And just because I played doesn’t mean I can coach. I mean, I can drive a speeder, but I don’t know how the engine works.”

“Believe it or not, sometimes the high school game isn’t that different,” Dav admitted. “Look, I don’t know how much you’ve followed us since you left, but Ojai North isn’t exactly a powerhouse.”

“I think I remember hearing you won three games last season?” Alana guessed.

“It was two. But look--on the bright side we couldn’t really do any worse with you.”

“You really know how to make a lady feel special.”

Dav laughed. “Just trying to alleviate any pressure associated with the decision.”

“Well, I’m flattered that you’re interested in allowing me to run this team into the ground in repetition of my days with the Beavers--” Alana began.

“Hey, you pulled out a winning record your Senior year,” Dav pointed out.

“Have we put up a plaque with every detail of my high school limmie career?” Alana rolled her eyes.

“We’re still raising funds for the plaque,” Dav informed her. “It’s backlogged behind the aurodium statue fundraising effort.”

“Anyways, I need to talk this over with the family, especially Olivar. I have to make sure he’d be okay with his mom being part of ‘his thing,’” Alana said.

“I understand. How much time do you think you’ll need?”

“Just a few days,” Alana said. “You’ll hear something soon.”

“Well, at the very least we’ll see you in Beaver blue in the stands, I hope?” Dav stood and Alana followed suit.

“Of course. Two beavers are better than one,” Alana said, reciting a line from the official school spirit song. She shook hands with the coach.

As Alana headed back to the speeder, she bit her lip. Olivar might not be very happy with having his mom overshadow him, again, on the limmie field. And it would mean she would be occupied in the late afternoons and early evenings. That might make things a little complicated getting Kass from school and then there’d be dinner...but she could always bring Kass to practice and set her up in an office while she did homework...and Niall was perfectly able of cooking food...even if it was an election year...and it might be interesting to have something more interesting than just grocery shopping and gardening to occupy her thoughts…

But no. She didn’t need to get back into limmie. Her life was just fine without it. Olivar would probably veto the idea anyway.

Still, it was nice to be asked.

TAG: None

Bardan_Jusik, jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.