main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite League Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus potential for Coruscant today.

138th Galactic Cup Final
    The Tank, Coral City, Dac

(2) Chandrila Patriots vs. (2) Coruscant Senators (14-2)
    Congratulations to nobody I mean the Chandrila Patriots, the 294 Galactic Cup champions.
    TAG: @Jedi Gunny

2. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    OOC: To be continued but GM approved!!

[​IMG]

Character Sheet
    Name: Addison Vehn

Birth year: 256 ABY

Physical appearance: Athletic, but also pregnant, build, 5’10''

Homeworld: Druckenwell 

Relation to Team: General Manager

Brief Biography:

Addison Vehn, born Karr, has at last found a family of her own. Married to Austin Vehn, Eleanor Vehn's brother, she has at last discovered the true importance and meaning of family after her corrupt father and brother schemed against her earlier in her professional and personal life.

Such is the way of a daughter of the Karr family.

Addison has been general manager of the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers for over a decade. She's won a Galactic Cup championship but yearns for more. She won't rest until she can secure her hands on another trophy. There's only one problem: she's pregnant and must now endure the trials and tribulations of running an ELL squad with a bun in the oven.

Trieste, jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  3. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    GM Approved

Lucie Allin
    Species: Human
    Birth Year: 253
    Home World: Ralltiir
    Relation to Team: VP of Operations, Public Relations and Entertainment
    Appearance:

[​IMG]

For over 10 years Lucie had been successful with her own career. Separate from the Starkillers and the sport of Limmie. She produced shows at her own theater, dancing and choreographing sold out shows. Night after night Lucie basked in the spotlight she had dreamed of as a little girl. Her life was perfect, until her husband went missing two years ago. She found him. Or at least Lucie found what was left of him.

Her husband is Ty Allin head coach and former defensive player for the Ralltiir Starkillers. All those hits to the head in his Limmie playing days had begun to take a toll on Ty’s mental health. Specifically Ty’s memory was shaky at best and the night he went missing Ty had lost all his memories. To help her husband restore his memory and to keep her family stable Lucie was forced to hand off her duties at the theater to her staff.

Even two years later Lucie was afraid to leave Ty’s side. His children needed him. Lucie needed Ty. She couldn’t imagine life without him. Lucie wasn’t the type to sit still. She needed more than just a hobby. She was more than just a mom and a wife. If Lucie couldn’t be around at the theater to do what she loved, she had to settle for what life provided. The stadium where her husband reported to work every day provided what she needed. The team owner was her little brother. It didn’t take much to persuade him, she deserved a title.

After a long battle Lucie’s life had meaning again.

Trieste, jcgoble3 and Vehn like this.
  4. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• In the words of HSN senior analyst: “The Patriots are being completely obnoxious about winning the Galactic Cup.”
      • HSN intern: “Actually, we were going to say that they were being real flarknards about it, but maybe you can’t say flarknard on the HoloNet.”
    • Reina Kether: “Guess they’re going to have to put in a new plaque for me at the Hall of Fame now.”
    • Team captain and Numifolis Award winner Ootred Ootredssen: “Guess all those hoity-toity teams who head their heads up their own butts when they could have been drafting me might be regretting that decision about now.”
    • Ric Grimes: “So many ELL teams gave up on us. Well we showed them. Welcome to the Rictocracy, folks.”
    • Zap Dos: “I always said that I was going to be the greatest and now I am.”
    • Son’ic Hedg’hog: “We didn’t just run circles around everyone--we ran loop-de-loops around them.”
    • Likana: “If I weren’t a Chiss, I would still be rolling on the floor laughing at the every other ELL team.”
    • Ugdulo Borr releases statement on social media: “Rest of the galaxy is jealous becasue they aren’t as AMAZING at limmie as us. Patriots are the GREATEST team EVER. Anyone who thinks differently is SAD!”
    • HSN senior analyst: “I speak for the civilized galaxy when I say that this team needs to go 0-9 every year for the next decade. Don’t kick them out of the League--just let them keep losing.”
    TAG: Not like you needed the motivation @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 @jcgoble3 @Jedi Gunny @Runjedirun @Vehn

Bardan_Jusik and Vehn like this.
  5. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• In a 26-10 rout, All-Bakura high school limmie championship is won by three-time Watercrest County champions, Ojai North.
    • Team was coached by head coach PE teacher Davy Hodapp and associate head coach and player parent Alana Glencross.
    • Hodapp: “Three years ago if you’d told me that we’d even play in the All-Bakura Championship, I would have said you were crazy. I take none of the credit for it. It’s all the kids. They started to believe. They did all the work. I’m proud of them beyond words.”
      • On what he’ll do next: “Teach on Centaxday morning just like any other day. That’s what the school district pays me to do.”
    • Glencross: “For something that started as a way to keep from driving my family crazy by just knocking about the house, this has turned out pretty awesome. You shouldn’t be interviewing me though. My time’s over. Go talk to Olivar. He’s a bigger star than me. I never even sniffed the All-Bakura Championship in high school.”
      • Glencross: “Also, how many times do I have to tell you my last name isn’t Glencross?”
    TAG: Nobody...but also some people who care about the continuing adventures of Alana

Bardan_Jusik, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Commissioner Trophy winning Ralltiir Starkillers announce player transactions
      • Kaeper’nick Kryze signs 2 year contract.
      • Lorin “Wiskey” Wella signs 5 year contract, number is not released but is rumored to be highest paying contract is Starkillers history.
      • Rel Lathin signs 4 year contract.
      • Steven Trevor signs 4 year contract.
      • DeeJay Jcamlio signs 2 year contract.
      • Vic Olidiipo retires, citing that his health is more important than Limmie.
      • Saiada Clarette retires.
    • LFL champion Tatooine Sandskimmers sees several agents enter free agency
      • Virgil Watters (Human, Male, Half Back)
      • Tonya Wess (Twi’lek, Female, Midfielder)
      • Daryyl Dixun (Human, Male, Full Forward)
    • Ralltiir Starkillers call Kallin Stonefield up from the Starkillers.
      • Stonefield also signs a 4 year extension.
    • Hamm Leak of the Sandskimmers retires.
    TAG: @Runjedirun

jcgoble3, Vehn and Runjedirun like this.
  7. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• HSN Central Scouting releases final rankings of ELL-eligible players
    • For the first time in 20 years, rankings include a player not currently declared for the ELL Draft
      • Galin S'rily (Corner Back, CorTech) included in defender rankings
      • Last player to be included in rankings but not participate in Draft was two-time Galactic Cup champion Falene Trieste (274)
    Goalkeepers
    1. Laseema Ven (Twi'lek, Female, Goalkeeper, Cloud City University)
    2. Jake Brightsun (Half Human/Half Rodian, Male, Goalkeeper, University of Tatooine, Anchorhead)
    Defenders
    1. Torbacca (Wookiee, Male, Defensive Back, The Ord Sabaok University)
    2. Myra Rappahanock (Human, Female, Half Back VCU)
    3. Tad Cooper (Trandoshan, Male, Corner/Full Back, University of Evenvale)
    4. Galin S'rily* (Bothan, Male, Corner Back, CorTech)
    5. Demi Mayne (Human, Female, Full Back, DTU)
    6. Chad Tronic (Human, Male, Full Back, Cambrielle College, Ralltiir)
    7. Karn Evell-Nine (Human, Male, Corner Back, Coruscant Polytechnic Institute)
    8. Jaeda Tishaard (Human, Female, Corner Back, DTU)
    9. K'Wai Leonis (Human, Male, Back, UB Salis D'aar)
    Midfielders
    1. El "Flea" Baggano III (Human, Female, Midfielder, Atalanta University)
    2. Aarav Vihaan (Togruta Male, Midfielder, Cloud City University)
    3. Pas'cal Siam (Human, Male, Midfielder, University of Carratos)
    4. Ace Adventure (Ewok, Male, Midfielder, Sanctuary Moon University, Endor)
    Forward
    1. Leilu Grabbert (Zeltron, Female, Forward, University of Zeltros, Paradise)
    2. Lorgess Kaibar (Mon Calamari, Female, Half Forward, University of Dac)
    3. Toa Tagolova (Togorian, Male, Forward, VCU)
    4. Natylee Coglin (Human [Bakuran], Female, Half Forward, UB Salis D'aar)
    5. Stone Backbreaker (Human, Male, Half Forward, Cloud City University)
    6. Daniella Bell (Mon Calamari, Female, Corner Forward, University of Mon Calamari)
    7. Tarisse Zel (Hapan, Female, Forward, Royal College of Hapes)
    8. Dani Grene (Devaronian, Female, Forward, Norand University)
    9. Jack Framme (Human, Male, Forward, VCU)
    *Draft status currently unknown

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 @jcgoble3 @Jedi Gunny @Runjedirun @Vehn

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• BBC Sports releases their annual preseason rankings of the Bak10 Conference.
    1. University of Bakura, Salis D'aar Golden Bears
    2. Tiarest University Burgundy
    3. University of Bakura, Telaan Valley Pioneers
    4. Atalanta University Titans
    5. Prytis College of Natural Sciences Rangers
    6. University of Bakura, Cape Suzette Blue Birds
    7. University of Evenvale Archers
    8. Bakura Fleet Academy Ensigns
    9. University of Bakura, Gesco City Cubs
    10. College of Deredith & Millicent Colonials
    • HSN analyst: "It's always so funny when these come out. UB Salis D'aar going from last to first in a season? Yeah right."
    • BBC Sports analyst defends the rankings.
      • "One, let's remember we successfully called last season's Evenvale championship even though they hadn't won one in over a quarter of a century."
      • "Two, we correctly called five of the ten teams' position in last season's rankings, including UBSD finishing last."
        • BBC did correctly predict Evenvale at #1, Atalanta at #3, Tiarest at #5, PCNS at #6, and UBSD at #10. They were also within one spot of correctly predicting the College of Deredith & Millicents' #7 finish.
      • "Three, galactic sports media never gives the Bak10 its proper due, so why would do they think they know any better? They barely even acknowledge we're a power conference."
    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik

9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• HSN interns set the record straight and find evidence of three more HSN ranked players that did not participate in the Draft
    • Intern: "Pretty embarrassingly, all three went on to be nominated Ingbrand Awards. I mean seriously? How do you forget these players?"
    • Tendra Nalo was 9th ranked forward in the 280 class (HSN rankings went to 14 that season)
    • Tomas Vigo was 2nd ranked midfielder in the 289 class (HSN rankings went to 5 that season)
    • Iris Copin was 8th ranked forward in the 292 class (HSN rankings went to 11 that season)
    • Intern: "At this rate we're probably going to find more. How is it that we're the ones who aren't being paid to work around here?!"
    TAG: @galactic-vagabond422 @jcgoble3 @Runjedirun

10. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    College Award Winners

Ruy Gey Award for Best Goalkeeper:
    Karcus Ardon (Human, Male, Goalkeeper, Bilbringi University) [also won as a junior]

Grazo Award for Best Corner or Full Back:
    K'Wai Leonis (Human, Male, Back, UB Salis D'aar)

Outlandi Award for Best Interior Defender:
    Torbacca (Wookiee, Male, Defensive Back, The Ord Sabaok University)

Batkis Award for Best Midfielder:
    Lynbe'len (Shistavanen, Female, Midfielder, College of Fondordelphia [junior])

Bulitnekoff Award for Best Corner or Full Forward:
    Tarisse Zel (Hapan, Female, Forward, Royal College of Hapes)

Lombardee Award for Best Interior Forward:
    Stone Backbreaker (Human, Male, Half Forward, Cloud City University)

Myxwell Award for Best Offensive Player:
    Natylee Coglin (Human [Bakuran], Female, Half Forward, UB Salis D'aar)

Remmiton Award for Best Defensive Player:
    Tad Cooper (Trandoshan, Male, Corner/Full Back, University of Evenvale)

Helmsman Finalists:
    Galin S'rily (Bothan, Male, Corner Back, CorTech)
    Tad Cooper (Trandoshan, Male, Corner/Full Back, University of Evenvale)
    Lorgess Kaibar (Mon Calamari, Female, Half Forward, University of Dac)
    Slavian Haruhana (Zeltron, Male, Forward, Atalanta University [junior]) [also nominated as a sophomore]

Helmsman Winner:

TAG: Everyone

OOC: As with last season, I added a few underclassmen, though not as many this time around as the draft pool was larger to begin with. A couple of last season's underclassman winners reappeared in the awards this year, and are noted as such. Also note that Karcus (2-time Ruy Gey winner) won the Helmsman last year, the first underclassman to do so.

11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• HSN issues revised 295 draftee rankings
    Goalkeepers
    1. Laseema Ven (Twi'lek, Female, Goalkeeper, Cloud City University)
    2. Karcus Ardon (Human, Male, Goalkeeper, Bilbringi University)
    3. Jake Brightsun (Half Human/Half Rodian, Male, Goalkeeper, University of Tatooine, Anchorhead)
    Defenders
    1. Torbacca (Wookiee, Male, Defensive Back, The Ord Sabaok University)
    2. Myra Rappahanock (Human, Female, Half Back VCU)
    3. Tad Cooper (Trandoshan, Male, Corner/Full Back, University of Evenvale)
    4. Niclot'us (Twi'lek, Female, Half Back, Republican University)
    5. Galin S'rily* (Bothan, Male, Corner Back, CorTech)
    6. Demi Mayne (Human, Female, Full Back, DTU)
    7. Chad Tronic (Human, Male, Full Back, Cambrielle College, Ralltiir)
    8. Karn Evell-Nine (Human, Male, Corner Back, Coruscant Polytechnic Institute)
    9. Jaeda Tishaard (Human, Female, Corner Back, DTU)
    10. K'Wai Leonis (Human, Male, Back, UB Salis D'aar)
    Midfielders
    1. El "Flea" Baggano III (Human, Female, Midfielder, Atalanta University)
    2. Aarav Vihaan (Togruta Male, Midfielder, Cloud City University)
    3. Pas'cal Siam (Human, Male, Midfielder, University of Carratos)
    4. Ace Adventure (Ewok, Male, Midfielder, Sanctuary Moon University, Endor)
    Forward
    1. Leilu Grabbert (Zeltron, Female, Forward, University of Zeltros, Paradise)
    2. Lorgess Kaibar (Mon Calamari, Female, Half Forward, University of Dac)
    3. Toa Tagolova (Togorian, Male, Forward, VCU)
    4. Natylee Coglin (Human [Bakuran], Female, Half Forward, UB Salis D'aar)
    5. Stone Backbreaker (Human, Male, Half Forward, Cloud City University)
    6. Daniella Bell (Mon Calamari, Female, Corner Forward, University of Mon Calamari)
    7. Tarisse Zel (Hapan, Female, Forward, Royal College of Hapes)
    8. Dani Grene (Devaronian, Female, Forward, Norand University)
    9. Jack Framme (Human, Male, Forward, VCU)
    • Karcus Ardon and Niclot'us had previously been ommitted
      • Ardon was the 294 Ruy Gey Award and Helmsman winner
      • Niclot'us was the 294 Outlandi Award winner and Helmsman nominee]
    • HSN rival network, Galactic Sports Broadcasting System, posts on social media: "How is HSN considered the best sports network when they are making such egregious mistakes all the time?"
    • Galin S'rily's draft status is unclear as draft approaches.
    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 @Jedi Gunny @Runjedirun @Vehn

12. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    NOTE: I did think about this for a while, but I'm sticking with my gut.

S'rily Household

“Hey, Junior, you going to make your decision on the Draft or not?”

“Dad, I’m still figuring things out,” Galin said dismissively as he pondered over a bowl of dry cereal (NOTE: yes, you read that right – dry)

“You seem glum, kid,” Gark S’rily commented. “You’re a Helmsman finalist and everything – what’s on your mind?”

“Do you know how much pressure I’m under to make a decision?” the younger Bothan asked as he twirled the cereal pieces around the bowl with his spoon. “Besides, I feel really bad for the guy who writes us and allows us to actually have a presence here – he’s dealing with a rough patch, and I’m definitely thinking about that right now too.”

“Eh, I’m sure he’ll sort it all out. But what about the Draft?”

“I know that I could be a first-round pick,” Galin commented. “I’ve got the pedigree that I know Nar Shaddaa, Bakura, and the rest of the teams will drool over. That’s the curse I get for being your son.”

“You got this far because of your own skills, kid. That had nothing to do with me.”

“Dad, I had access to lessons from Christine Gamble – most kids don’t get that kind of help when they’re young.”

“True that. But you did the rest – you put in the work. And now you get rewarded for that hard work. The decision is up to you – I’m just your old coach now. But as your father, I just want you to be at peace with your decision. Besides, if you were the enter the Draft, you’d buck the trend of other lineage players going to their hometown teams – you’d make a lot of people on the Internet excited.”

The graduated senior perked up. “What’s the Internet?”

“To be honest, I have no idea. But it’d make a lot of people, including those wearing burgundy, very happy.”

“No, Dad. I’m sticking to my commitment. I always said I wanted to be a Senator growing up – I’m doing it.”

“You sure? You could make your own legacy elsewhere out of my shadow.”

“Dad, I’ve already lived this long in your shadow, and I’m a Helmsman finalist now. Pretty fair to say that I’ve already done things you haven’t.”

“That’s my boy. But you’re sure about this? I’m sure that the Smuggler fans and Miners faithful will be very disappointed that you aren’t going into the Draft.”

“I’m doing this, and you’re not talking me out of it.”

• The Coruscant Senators sign Galin S'rily (Bothan, Male, Corner Back, Coruscant Polytechnic Institute) to an entry-level contract.
    • S'rily is expected to compete for a backup corner back position for 295 team behind incumbent starters Wahay Contar (also a Senator lineage player) and former All-Pro Jac Jeshua.
    • S'rily, on decision: "I really thought long and hard on this one, but this was where I've always wanted to be.

TAG: Everyone in the Draft

13. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Comments :

Pir8sFan444: Scarface only 8th? Are you serious, she had a breakout season and won the Rookie of the year, then the year after won the Sabbukk, only 8th among forwards I see why they don't pay you.

Arcadia5ever: Man I used to like your analysts, but this is across the line, 8th she is much better than that an you know it. Just because she didn't play in college doesn't make her less. Who was the first pick Deshaard? What has she done? Did she have to carry her team on her back for two seasons and take them to a Galactic Cup no. I think you need to look at your math again.

BowToThePirateKing: SAD, 8th this is why no one reads you anymore.

HSNOfficial: HSN rankings evaluate college performance, not pro performance. They're forward-looking and past performance is no guarantee of future results, including when it comes to limmie players.
    HornedHoloMaker: Even then you seem to have forgotten that Iris played serious minutes, all they way through her secondary school career. Each year she lead her team if not her planetary division in broken/slipped tackles and was always in the top 10 of points per possession. I can't help but feel that your research department didn't look too deeply at the Denon Secondary school league. They are a tough league though they don't get the press they deserve. Maybe you were just going off her senior year when she led her team to a victory in the planetary finals, but even before that she'd gotten them to sectionals or further every year since she started. If that only ranks 8th in a weak draft class, I shudder to think what a 1st rank would have to live up to.​

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    Vehn and Trieste like this.
  14. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post
    It's time to really lean into this...

Elite League Limmie 295: Old Man Limmie

Hanna City, Chandrila

Nobody wanted to be here.

Sure they wanted to be at the 295 ELL Draft. But on Chandrila? Home of the Patriots? Home of the reigning champions? Home of the incredibly annoying Ootred Ootredssen, who seemed to delight in reminding the galaxy that after being much maligned at the 293 Draft and eventually not even selected? Home of Reina Kether, who couldn't resist letting everyone know that she now had just as many championships as her former coach, Tan Strensky, and Miner great Gaeriel Valerii, and only one away from tying the record jointly held by Rhia Grames and Ryi Kor'le for six championship? Home of the suddenly most obnoxious, entitled fans in the galaxy?

Nobody wanted to be here.

Even Lokensgaard didn't seem to be that pleased, which was a change for the usually smug commish.

"The sooner we start picking, the sooner we can get on with our lives," Fenrir announced with an air of resignation.

"The Nar Shaddaa Smugglers are on the clock."

HSN Headlines
    • Tatooine Sandskimmers re-sign free agents
      • Virgil Watters (Human, Male, Half Back)
      • Tonya Wess (Twi’lek, Female, Midfielder)
      • Daryyl Dixun (Human, Male, Full Forward)
    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 @jcgoble3 @Jedi Gunny @Runjedirun @Vehn

Bardan_Jusik, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  15. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC:Addison Vehn
    Chandrila

“I would normally say how good it feels to be back in the ELL draft but since this is Chandrila...”

The Crew booed. Watching the Patriots hoist a championship hurt.

“Anyways...” Addison continued, “ with the first pick of the 295 Elite League Linnie Draft the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers select the one and only Myra Rappahanock, Half Back, V...C...U!”

[​IMG]

The Crew went nuts. They even threatened to fight Patriots fans everywhere. Pandemonium ensued.

“Settle down,” Myra shouted, “celebrate like that when I deliver you a championship!”
    Tag: @Trieste

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    Runjedirun, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC
    Hanna City, Chandrila

"With the second overall selection in 295, the Bakura Miners select Leilu Grabbert Forward, University of Zeltros, Paradise," Quinn Cundertol announced. With Jo Pawvelski's spot still open and Grabbert a natural fit for the slot, the Miners were looking like they were going to start half of their Front Six with Zeltron females.

For a world with so much rain, things were going to get pretty hot on Bakura soon.

"The team from Mandalore is on the clock."

Runjedirun and Vehn like this.
  17. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: Mando'ade Mercs
    Hanna City, Chandrila

"With the third overall selection in the 295 ELL First year Player Draft the Mando'ade Mercs select Stone Backbreaker, forward from Cloud City University."

"Oya, oya, oya!" the Mercs faithful that crowded the Hall seemed happy with the pick. The Mercs needed offense, and though Backbreaker wasn't the highest rated forward on the board, he was a proven winner and that was something the Mercs desperately needed now. Of course there might have been another reason for the joyous chanting as Backbreaker took a microphone for his first ever interview as a professional...

[​IMG]

...the man had an uncanny likeness to a former Mercs star, a sure fire hall of famer, that the fans couldn't help but notice.

"The Ralltiir Starkillers are now on the clock..."

TAG @Runjedirun

Trieste and Vehn like this.
  18. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    IC Lucie Allin

4 Months Earlier Ezra’s Room

I don’t know what I was expecting. A crumpled mess. That’s what I was hoping for. Instead what was left of the Gil Cray poster was shreds. Teeny tiny shreds of paper. Ezra has had this poster in his room since Cray’s rookie season. I knew Ezra was done with it, done with Cray, wanted to erase the man from his memory forever. As dark as that sounds, Ezra knows what it means to lose memories more than anyone. That’s why I was hoping to save the poster. Someday Ezra might want it back. Or someday when Ezra’s moved out, I could unroll it and remember a younger more innocent boy. Both traits were fading fast.

Fans think that the Starkillers are just a business to us. The revenue from the team helps pay our bills, but that doesn’t make losing a player any less personal. Cray had been unreasonable. Said it wasn’t “us”, he just wanted a team where he could be the stand-out star. Apparently it was too crowded in the Starkillers locker room for his ego. The decision hurt my son who had admired Cray’s play and I suspect he also had a little crush on the forward. It infuriated my husband who’d spent the past several years coaching him to win our team a title, not the Carratos Pirates who’d been willing to make a decent offer. It stung his teammates, who’d taken the time to make relationships. These things happened. No one was left unscathed.

Is this what happens when your first child announces what college he’ll be attending? You start rummaging through all your children’s rooms for keepsakes. I need a hobby! I need to get out of this house.

Present Day Hanna City Chandrila

There’s nothing better than a hotel room all to yourself. A glass of wine (or two) while your husband and brother sweat it out at the draft. It wasn’t the easiest decision to leave the kids with Ty’s mom. T.J., well I can’t even admit how soon he’ll be moving out for training camp at Ralltiir U. Let’s just say he got his dorm assignment already. I finished the glass of wine with that thought and poured another. This time alone was precious. I stretched out on the bed and nearly fell asleep. Then I realized the Starkillers were on the clock.

I let my gaze focus on the holo. Ty and Richard walked up to the podium as one. “With the 5th and 6th overall picks of the 295 draft,” Ty began. “The Ralltiir Starkillers select Lorgess Kaibar from the University of Dac and Tad Cooper from the University of Evenvale.”

Tag: @Jedi Gunny

Vehn likes this.
  19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Mando'ade Mercs News and Notes:
    • Mike Doubleday and Paul Rooker, both reserve halfbacks for the Mando'ade Mercs, have announced their respective retirements.
    • Mando'ade Mercs announce that Right Half Back Mir'ka Kol and Center Half Back Jo'ee Bos'a have each signed two year contract extensions with the team. Backup midfielder Bosewick Tachalla's contract has been extended for one year.
    • Starting Center Half Forward Colby Donsun and the Mando'ade Mercs are unable to come to terms on a contract extension. The veteran forward will now explore free agency.
    • Mando'ade Mercs release a slew of reserve players to free agency including; Krabbas (Cornerback), Ett'a Candi (fullback), Carly Ly'rane (cornerback), Carlotta Tian (midfielder), Flad "Deadshot" Ly'ton (half forward) and Kara Valigne (corner forward). Moves believed to be a result of cost cutting measures designed to make the Mercs a more profitable franchise. Mercs budget ran at a deficit for latter part of their most recent run of success known to many as the Beskar Age of Limmie.
    TAG: @Trieste

Runjedirun, jcgoble3 and Vehn like this.
  20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post
    Hanna City, Chandrila

"With the sixth pick of the 295 Draft, the Coruscant Senators select Toa Tagolova, Forward, VCU," Lokensgaard announced on behalf of the Senators. "The Nar Shaddaa Smugglers are on the clock to begin the second round."

TAG: @Jedi Gunny @Vehn

Runjedirun and Jedi Gunny like this.
  21. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Addison Karr
    Chandrila

"With the seventh pick of the 295 Draft, the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers select, "Jack Framme, Forward, V....C....U!""

Tag: @Trieste

Runjedirun likes this.
  22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC
    Hanna City, Chandrila

"With the eighth pick of the 295 ELL Draft," Quinn Cundertol announced, "the Bakura Miners select, from the University of Bakura, Salis D'aar, Natylee Coglin Half Forward."

Well, that was one way to save some credits. They weren't even going to have to pay her to change stadia.

"The team from Keldabe is on the clock."

Runjedirun likes this.
  23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: Mando'ade Mercs
    Hanna City, Chandrila

"With the ninth overall selection in the 295 ELL First year Player Draft the Mando'ade Mercs select Torbacca, defensive back from The Ord Sabaok University."

"Oya, oya, oya!" Once again the Mercs faithful that crowded the Hall seemed happy with the pick. This time they had managed to snag the top rated defender in the draft, one who had inexplicably fallen to the mid second round. Better even than that, Torbacca was from a school that had come off of back to back college limmie championship appearances. Of course none were happier than Justin Pitt...

"The Carratos Pirates are now on the clock."

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422

Trieste, Vehn and Runjedirun like this.
  24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Shae Bellweather (Forward) and Beck Thornton (Half Back) of the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers call it quits after playing in the ELL for more than 15 plus years each. In a statement released by Shady Lerouex she heaped praise on the retiring players and asked the younger members of the squad to honor their legacy
    TAG: @Vehn

Bardan_Jusik, Vehn and Runjedirun like this.
  25. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Leigh Cavanugh
    O'Phaz, Carratos

Her eyes open wearily before the dawn, a bad habit she hasn't been able to shake in near to three years of retirement. Even after a night of drinking with her former team and current friends the night before, she was always up early. Throwing the blankets off she swung her legs over the edge of the bed...her knee protesting at her sudden movement. Massaging it a growl came from deep in her chest. It was going to be one of those mornings. With beleaguered breath she reached into the darkness grabbing hold of an arrangement of durasteel, padding and straps. Slipping her injured leg into the contraption it tightened around the limb. Right away she heard it lock into place, extending her leg out in a stiffened pose. Tapping at the main joint of the brace it slackened a little giving her more range of motion, but still providing support. She didn't need the brace all the time, but for the moments her knee pained her it was a life saver.

Getting to her feet she changed into more athletic attire, working around the chunk of black self tightening straps on her leg. It was an old dance she had perfected over the years of wearing it off and on. Limping a just a little she walked out into her somewhat modest apartment considering the millions of credits she made during her playing days, and endorsements and commercials she did for various Inner Rim and Namadii Corridor companies. She'd seen first hand what happened when you misspend your money. No matter how much you have socked away it is never enough if you burn through it like it was going out of fashion.

The one place she didn't skimp was workout equipment. She needed something to help with her current health. Not that she was in a bad way, just a knee that was banged up over a maybe too long playing career, or maybe it wasn't long enough?

Almost every morning she had this argument with herself…

'You're not that old.'

'You could unretire, happens all the time. You could make a comeback maybe get another ring. Lots of teams would want your experience.'

Yes she wasn't that old only 36, many players had stuck it out longer, yes she could still play for another team, but it wouldn't be her team. The team that started out in obscurity and quickly rose to the top of the mountain three times now. She was there for most of it, even saw herself be replaced. That was a hard thing to watch, but something inside her slowly came to accept it.

She had played her heart out, had given all of herself for her team and it was time to pass the torch onto another. To a little girl that once used to pepper her with questions every time they met. She wasn't so little anymore, stood taller than her idol now, out shined her too. The city was plastered with her face on game day. The mighty Scarface ready to drag this team to victory once again.

Much like Leigh had done not too long ago.

Flipping through her datapad she was looking at the latest sporting news. The draft was soon upon them and speculation was already being made about who would draft who, and the buzz about the free agent signings and trades. One that was at the top of her feed was the curious trade between the Pirates and Starkillers. Not because they were rivals, it wasn't like they were the Smugglers or Mercs...she was there when the Pirates made that trade with the Mercs...it wasn't pretty. No it was curious because Gil Cray had no connection to Carratos and it wasn't a thumb in the eye of another team. Though some did think that the Pirates made out good, getting some superstar help for their own star. Leigh was on the fence, sure Gil was good, but they gave up a promising player for it, also a local. The 'hot takes' were already being flung back and forth.

'Steph was a local he deserved better than getting traded for a Starkiller.'

'Cray knows nothing of this place, knows nothing of this culture. He can't play hard limmie that we play here.'

The list goes on and on, criticizing Cray, claiming he could never fit in, bemoaning the turn away from 'Go Local' that had been a staple of Pirates' limmie.

Part of Leigh agreed, her team had made it to the playoffs again and again with a mostly local team. But, on the other hand, they needed talent and off worlders could help with that. She'd watched Iris fight to try and push her team to the Cup Finals game. Only to fall short. She needed more help there and Cray came along at the right time. Though there was still a mystique around the Pirates' dedication to the 'Go Local' a shine that was hard to match. It was also notoriously difficult to get free agents to sign here. Security issues notwithstanding, there was still the reputation of Carratos being a dangerous place. A rep that was not without substance. The joke was that a full quarter of the Pirates' revenue went to protection for the players and staff.

Either way she wasn't the one making the decision she could only speculate from the outside.

Halfway through her workout her Agent called...a clever Pantoran that had been with her since her first Cup win back in 283, and every time it came time to resign advised her to 'Play the field', she could never do that, not to her home.

"Yeah Rho?" she answered using a hands free device.

"Leigh darling," the other woman's voice rolled in full of charm. "How are you doing."

"In the middle of a workout."

"Good, not letting yourself go in your retirement."

"Something like that." Leigh had to keep the growl from her voice. Rho was just doing her job, or was trying to. She didn't mean anything by her little jabs, just navigating the currents of the commercial markets that surrounded her. If Leigh had wanted to just stop all of it, Rho would be right with her, though she would winge a bit at the prospect.

"I know you know that you're up for induction into the Hall of Fame this year."

"Yep," Leigh answered.

"Well, you haven't really done yourself any favors just dropping off the map like you have."

"I was busy working on my memoir, which you advised me to write."

"I just didn't think it would take this long. We're just getting a final draft...you know what that means."

"No what." Leigh continued not missing a beat.

"Press tour to promote the book."

Leigh stopped her workout wiping the sweat off her brow.

"Late Night talk shows? Sports talk shows?"

"Yeah that's where our target demographic is."

"You know I don't like interviews."

"I know, but that's the nature of this beast, and it is a good way to get your name out into the wider galaxy. You can't just coast on your fame on Carratos."

"You really think the rabid fan base wouldn't storm the hall if I didn't get in on the first ballot?"

"I don't doubt they would, but we want you in the Hall not the reason it is burned down."

Leigh let out a bark of a laugh getting to her feet with a wince. "And what if I don't want to be in the Hall?"

"You'll break my heart darling, break it right in two. You got flash Leigh, you should be in the Hall. You'll be the first solo Carratoisan in the hall, not just the team from 283."

"Seems like a lot of work."

"I mean, what are you doing with your free time anyway?" Leigh was quiet for a bit walking out of her exercise room. "Look it won't always be interviews, you could provide analysis bring all your years of playing to the talking heads, plenty of former players do it, and it only has to be for this year...what do you say?"

"Not sounding like I have much of a choice."

"Leigh...it is always your choice."

_____
    Hana City Chandrila

It was interesting to be up in the booth, or even at the draft hall at all. In all her years she can't remember being here. Now she was commentating from the booth, giving her take on choices. Nar Shaddaa clearly going local, Bakura filling in some gaps, Mandalore doing much the same, though Leigh frowned a little at their first choice looking awfully like her old foe in the playoffs, Ralltiir taking a forward and defender with their first picks, the forward no doubt to give some back up to Steph on the Half Forward line. Soon enough it came to the Pirates.

"What do you think the Pirates are going to do?" Her co-commentator asked her, "They did give up their first round to acquire Cray and decision I think was a sound move though if news out of Carratos is to believe the locals don't think so."

"Well," she started looking to her right, "The local crowd can be a little rowdy especially when it comes to our locals. I'm going to hold judgment on the trade until we see how well Cray meshes with Iris. As for what the Pirates will do this year, it's a surprise, they have made 'sound' choices before, but I'd never bet against them going deep to snag a local."

"With the tenth pick of the 295 ELL Draft the Carratos Pirates Select Dani Grene Forward, Norand University, the Ralltiir Starkillers are on the clock.

"And there it is, a deep pick for a local." Leigh said with a smile as a Devaronian walked to the stage her hair short on the sides and a little taller on the top, her horns sprouting from her forehead. "Looking like they are trying to get a little more out of their forwards...we'll see where that goes."

"Do you think that will finally break their inconsistent production from last year."

"We have to try something a middling defense and offense rarely produces a champion."

"And we'll be right back with the more analysis with my special guest Leigh Cavanaugh."

TAG: @Runjedirun

@Trieste Approved

Name: Leigh Cavanaugh
    Species: Human
    Homeworld: Carratos
    Physical Appearance: 5'10 athletic frame keeps herself in shape even three years after retirement. Still cuts her hair short, and wears a lot of black. An old habit of hers.
    Relationship to Team: Retired player
    Bio: Cavanaugh, the name is still spoken with reverence in the bars across Carratos. Debates of 'Who was better' between her and Arock, and even Manx are still held at Arcadia Colosseum. It has been three years since she stepped on the pitch yet she was still in the Limmie conversation. At least on Carratos where she is already a legend along with the rest of her line. That's the problem she's only popular and spoken about where she played, her homeplanet and maybe the surrounding systems. It's the nature of these things. She wasn't absolutely dominant like Aroc, she didn't lead her team to Cup after Cup like the forward she was always compared to, she didn't rake in the awards like so many others she played against. Despite Carratos's success they were still a small market, with a dedicated fanbase. Dedication wasn't enough to get one into the Hall of Fame. She was up for the Hall this year though she doubted she would be even near the running for a place.

She is content with that. She had two rings, a Salbukk, and a Duchess Eldin Award, that was plenty. She knew she succeeded, she didn't need someone else to validate her. Though deep inside she still wanted that recognition, wanted to be known outside of her home for her achievements. The chances were low but, there was still a chance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.