main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite League Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"Crazy weekend here in week two of the college limmie season as fully half of your top ten teams go down with losses sure to shake up the landscape of the top 25 and the early season playoff picture."

"This weekend was a bloodbath..."

"Of course there was no bigger upset than the loss of Norand University to Lorrd U..."

"I don't think anyone saw that one coming."

"Though perhaps less surprising was University of Agamar's loss to Nessum..."

"UA is overrated, Nessum under rated if you want my opinion."

"The real carnage occurs in the bottom half of the top ten as both the number six and number seven teams both lost..."

"Orn Free Ta Central Academy out on Ryloth and of course University of Onderon Rupings look to fall out of the top ten with those big losses..."

"And then number ten Ralltiir U lost as well."

"Bad week for the teams ranked at the top of the Veragi League."

"The carnage in the top 25 didn't end there though as other big names such as Tiarest, Ord Sabaok..."

"Not even going to correct you about the The." Justin said dejectedly.

"Maybe they should try to trademark it."

"...Taanab, Cloud City and Euceron all took big losses..."

"Barons and Euceron drop out of the top 25 after that I'm sure."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

TAG: no one/everyone

HSN Top 25 after Week Two

1. UB Salis D'aar
    2. University of Csilla
    3. Norand University, Carratos
    4. Keldabe Military Institute (Mandalore)
    5. Druckenwell Technical University
    6. University of Agamar
    7. Orn Free Ta Central Academy, Ryloth
    8. Bilbringi University
    9. University of Onderon Rupings
    10. Coruscant Polytechnic Institute
    11. UB Telaan Valley
    12. University of Zeltros
    13. Ryloth Ag and Tech University
    14. University of Garos (Garos IV)
    15. Chandrila A&M University
    16. Ralltiir University
    17. Celwis System University
    18. Tiarest University Burgundy
    19. Derrling College of Technology
    20. Nessem University
    21. University of Kashyyyk
    22. University of Kamino
    23. Ackbar Air Fleet College, Dac
    24. Taanab A&M University
    25. The Ord Sabaok University

Trieste, Vehn and Runjedirun like this.
  2. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Leigh Cavanugh
    O'Phaz, Carratos, Phran Tower Set of the Carratos Tonight Show

On the plus side, at least her knee didn't hurt...too much. On the other side, she was more nervous than her first game her rookie year. It was just an interview she'd done many of these before, but this one felt different. It wasn't a sideline interview after a tough game, a post game interview after a loss, or a puff piece for the Journal. This was late night on Carratos, they weren't known for their hard hitting questions, or probing inquereries. They were known for funny delivery while also having a soft hand when needed.

She didn't know if she could be funny, not in a Late Night way. She wasn't Logan a man that could make anything a joke if he really wanted to. His barbs traded with reporters at press conferences were highly talked about. Though this wasn't a hostile environment. It was a friendly interview, softball questions, easy jokes, it should be easy. Then why didn't it feel like that?

She took a breath rubbing her hands waiting in the wings for her name to be called. Pressing down the wrinkles in her blazer and blouse she looked up to the holoscreens showing the live feed. The Shistavanen host Mal Lup was continuing with his desk segment something about another local leader in O'Pahz getting caught with his hand in the cookie jar, or in this case the Campaign funds for their reelection. And they were not spending that money on ads in the local paper. It was a common thing on this planet. Every other day some politician or 'business owner' got caught doing something illegal.

"Though we are getting word that their campaign committee is assured that they will be released before the election, in two weeks, and that they will need more donations from generous beings to pay off 'Expenses.'" The wolfman looked to the main holo camera. "Judges apparently aren't as cheap as they used to be." The crowd laughs in an almost cheerless way, but not completely without mirth. Carratosians could only laugh at how broken their system was. At least they were honest with their graft. Mal waited a moment letting the joke pass before continuing.

"My guest tonight is a legend on the limmie pitch and has a new holo-novel out, welcome to the show, Liegh Cavanugh." With a final breath she walked out from the wings into the bright spotlights as the house band played a richer version of 'Roll Cavanaugh Roll' the theme song the scallywags had given her. There were even a few members of the audience that sang along with it. She walked up with a smile on her face taking Mal's hand in a professional shake. This was her first time meeting him in person so they weren't close enough for a hug...not that she would have allowed that. With one hand she undid a button on her jacket and took a seat. The suit she was wearing was tailored and bought weeks in advance at Rho's urging. Leigh would have been just fine in a better than average shirt and equally good, not great pants. However Rho insisted on dressing up for her interviews.

She put on her best smile trading some small talk with Mal while the band and the crowd drowned them out. Once the noise settled Mal turned with a sharp tooth smile.

"How are you doing?" He started.

"I'm doing good," She answered settling back into the chair.

"You been taking it easy these past few years?"

"I wouldn't call writing a book, taking it easy."

"Well certainly easier than carrying the Pirates for 9 to 12 weeks of the year, and all the offseason stuff too."

"I'll admit my workload has been somewhat reduced since I left, but I keep myself busy."

"Writing your book as you mentioned...do you get much time to watch the Pirates play?"

"I still hold season tickets." A smile came to her lips, "Though I don't know if I'll get to use them this year. I have a lot going on this season."

"I can tell you're promoting your book, working as an 'Expert' on the sports talk shows. Do you think you'll take in a game this year that isn't for work?"

"Not likely, but I'd like to think my old team knows I support them."

"It that difficult for you...to look objectively at the team you once played for and still support?"

"It has been an adjustment, it has forced me to be more honest with myself to not just go with the Pirates over everyone else. To take a good hard look at the team and look for weaknesses that could cause problems...though I will admit to having maybe a little too much hope that they will overcome them and win."

"Hard to root against your favorites."

"A little."

"Now, I'm not much of a reader, but I was skimming through and I found a chapter all about Iris Copin and yourself. How did if feel to be playing with the woman that would soon replace you?"

Another chuckle from Leigh as she shook her head.

"Iris wasn't replacing me, she was succeeding me." It was small pedantic distinction. A successor was not a replacement, merely the next in a legacy. "Though I'll admit to not seeing that all the time. It's hard to give up on something you've done for a large part of your life. Something that was the sole focus for you for so long. It wasn't an easy choice, but with my injury, and it continuing to plague me. I knew I wanted to leave on my terms rather than letting my injury do it for me."

"A little like Logan when he left, knew his legs were going and chose to leave."

"Yeah a little."

_________
    Arcadia Colosseum, O'Pahz, Carratos

"A blowout win tonight here at Arcadia." Leigh's co-presenter said to the camera in the broadcast booth. Leigh's hair was combed back and she chose to wear more casual attire, and a headset. "The Pirates took control early with goals from the new Pirate Cray. Leigh, what did you think of the new guy kicking off the scoring with the first goal of the season at home, and three before the end of the half."

"It was much needed, putting the stamp on their homecoming and proving his worth to the team in front of the home fans."

"Iris was no slouch either." The co-presenter countered, "catching fire in the second half and keeping the scoring going."

"But, Cray provides something this team has been lacking, a good second scoring option on the Half Forward line. Something that has been hard to find for them last year."

"Takes some pressure off her to drag the team to victory."

"I'm sure that if it came to in Iris could put the team on her back and carry them."

"Much like you did in 291?"

"There's a reason I passed the torch to her...she has that drive."

TAG: @Runjedirun

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  3. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Addison Karr
    Nar Shaddaa

Addison Vehn examined herself in the mirror. The dress was all wrong.She wasn't used to a feeling so slow, so heavy, and so frakking hungry. The bump protruding from her stomach made her feel insecure even though her husband, Austin, consistently told her she was the most beautiful woman in the galaxy.

He was just saying that. He should say that. If he didn't, well, she could dispose of him quickly. This was Nar Shaddaa, after all, land of endless garbage chutes and heart attack inducing drops to nothingness. There were plenty of options for getting rid of troublesome husbands.

"You look ready," owner Vera Grames said with a look of approval.

"I look like a bantha," Addison groaned.

"You're being a little hard on yourself," Vera replied as she helped Addison zip up.

"I guess I'm just nervous because I pulled out no stops to accomdate the Vigos. We may be rival franchises but I will be darned if they experience any inconveniences while watching the game. They're a beautiful family. A good family. They deserve the best that Nar Shaddaa can give," Addison said.

"And they'll have the best," Vera reminded her general manager, "no expense will be spared. Switching gears you did well assembling the team this year."

"One win does not a championship season make," Addison said as she left the private quarters and descended into the owner's box at Kaitlyn Vehn Memorial Coliseum at Six Boroughs.

"This place will always just be Six Boroughs to me," Vera remarked as the pair settled in for the game.

Addison gave a polite wave and nod to the Vigo family. They responded in kind. Good manners never went out of style. She crossed her legs and watched as the tilt began.

"There's a reason we changed the name," Addison said referring to the stadium.

"Publicity? Money?" Vera offered.

"Honor," Addison replied.

"Good point," Vera commented, "so are you ready to have the talk?"

Addison looked down at her bump and sighed, "I'm afraid I'm past that, Vera."

Vera laughed, "No, silly girl. Are you ready to plan for future? Have you thought about where you'll live, what you'll do, because honey once that baby comes your whole life is going to be upside down and inside out."

"You paint a charming picture of parenthood," Addison grumbled.

"Realistic," Vera replied, "if not a bit melodramatic. Honestly, it changes your life. You aren't the same person you were. You've got someone looking up to you, imitating you, challenging you, loving you, driving you crazy and saying things that make your heart melt. Your marriage will change as well. Gone are your care free days for awhile. Replaced only by a newfound focus and intensity to which you grow accustomed."

"And how many kids do you have?" Addison remarked.

"None," Vera replied, "but I have a big family. I've seen it all."

"Right," Addison said as she watched a waiter with alcoholic drinks walk by and groaned, "I could use a drink."

"Sacrifices, my dear," Vera replied, "are only temporary."

"Why does it feel like an eternity?" Addison said.

"That's why we call it life," Vera replied as she returned her attention to the game, "it's how we respond to it that counts."

Tag: @Runjedirun (for brief Ralltiir and Vigo mentions.....glad to be back in the game)

4. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus potential for Bakura, Carratos, Mando'ade, Nar Shaddaa, and Ralltiir.

295 Week 2 Results
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers (22-7)
    Carratos Pirates at Rydonni Prime Monarchs (18-30)
    Euceron Officers at Mando’ade Mercs (30-0)
    Bastion Imperial LC at Coruscant Senators (19-9)
    Bakura Miners at Chandrila Patriots (24-30)

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 @jcgoble3 @Jedi Gunny @Runjedirun @Vehn

jcgoble3 and Vehn like this.
  5. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for: Tatooine, Concordia, Druckenwell and Atzerri (Both teams 28)

Week 1 Results
    Tatooine Sandkimmers @ Concordia Crusaders (11-0)
    Druckenwell Marksmen @ Atzerri Bandits (16-21)
    Cantonica Golden Knights @ Thyferra Force (22-8)

Tags: @Bardan_Jusik @Vehn @galactic-vagabond422 @Jedi Gunny

6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Galactic Sports Weekly continues its focus on sex and species parity in the ELL
    • "62% of all starters across the ELL are human and another 12% are Near Humans"
    • "Only 26% of ELL starters can be considered Non-Human, which we defined as any species who, if given the same skin and hair coloring as a Human could passable look human. For example, a Pantoran could pass as Human, but a Twi'lek could not."
    • "The Nar Shaddaa Smugglers are the worst offenders with their greatest 'diversity' being a lone Hapan."
    • "To their credit, the Rydonni Prime Monarchs field an all-female team. To their discredit, while they start 6 Near Humans (5 of which are Zeltrons), they have no Non-Humans in their starting roster."
    • "Euceron and Coruscant both start 7 Non-Humans and 1 Near-Human, while last year's champion Chandrila starts 6 Non-Humans and 2 Near-Humans. These three teams all have the least number of Humans in their starting lineups with 7, just shy of 50%."
    • "Males make up 51% of all ELL starters, which is close to equivalence to the galactic population."
    TAG: @jcgoble3 @Jedi Gunny @Vehn

Vehn, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  7. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Reports of small protests outside Smugglers, Monarchs and Miners games, beings holding signs and chanting 'Let us Play', all of them wearing burgundy bandanas.
    TAG: @galactic-vagabond422 for reasons mysterious to me...

8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Bree Veers
    Stoney End Park, Hanna City, Chandrila

“Who names their arena after a folk pop song?” Leilu Grabbert asked as she balanced on her hands, upside-down. Bree wasn’t sure why the rookie forward, the only first year player on the Miners’ roster, was doing handstands, her jersey tucked into her shorts, as part of her pregame prep.

“Well, it has always been a super popular pop song on Chandrila. It seems like every generation has a different cover,” Stephana Adiims said. “I mean, I’ve been here probably five times and they could have played a different version every time without repeating themselves.”

“I’m pretty sure they didn’t name the stadium after the song. I think they wrote the song about the stadium,” Marnie Blake said. “I mean, they frigging love this place. Any other sane society would have torn this down at least five times since they built it. I think they’re keeping it together with chewing gum and twine at this point.” It was true--it was not the most modern locker room Bree had ever been in and that was saying something given that she’d played on Ord Mantell after joining the ELL.

“No, they definitely named the stadium after the song. The song’s, like, 400 years old,” Bast said. That seemed like a bit of an exaggeration, but it might not be far from the truth.

“That is unlikely. Music from four centuries ago is not that catchy,” Minnerva objected in a matter-of-fact tone...which come to think of it was her default tone.

“Are you psychologically programmed to object to everything I say?” Bast asked her fellow midfielder in disbelief.

“Actually, she’s right. There weren’t even lyrics in music until the Max Rebo Band,” Harle pointed out. She had joined her fellow Zeltron in a handstand...which somehow made complete sense to Bree. “I mean, Figrin D’an and the Modal Nodes didn’t sing. Nobody sang prior to Sy Snootles.”

“OK, now that’s 100% wrong,” Angel Sorrano said, jumping into the fray. “Beings definitely recorded songs with lyrics prior to Max Reebo.”

“They were on the first album with a song in the universe in ‘83,” Harle replied simply. “Just got in ahead of that Ewok chorus single.”

“Yub yub,” Leilu agreed.

“So then the stadium came first?” Mela Wells asked in confusion. Apparently she was the only Zeltron not on thesame page.

“No it didn’t!” Bast exclaimed.

Just as the locker room seemed poised to descend into a complete free-for-all, Bree stood up on her chair and whistled loudly, cutting through the argument. Everyone’s head turned in her direction.

“One,” Bree said, holding up her index finger, “Stoney End is the name of the neighborhood the stadium is in. Two--” her middle finger joined the first, “--the stadium is named for the neighborhood. Three--” her ring finger went up, “--a four second search of the HoloNet could have told you that.”

“That would have taken all the fun out of it!” Harle objected, still inverted.

Four--” Bree’s pinky finger went up in an admonishment to the star forward, “--Reina Kether and Ootred Ootredssen would probably be rolling on the floor laughing if they realized that we were wasting time arguing about something so pointless instead of getting ourselves psyched to take on the defending champions. And five--” her thumb jutted out, “--if this is how you’re all going to act in here, how are you going to keep it together while we stand out there as they get their championship rings and put a crisp, new banner up?”

The locker room looked at Bree and said nothing for a hot second.

“Well Sithspit,” Bast said, “those are pretty good points.”

“So the song relates to the stadium how?” Stephana asked.

“File that one in the it-doesn’t-freaking-matter category,” Bree advised.

“I’m cool with that,” Stephana decided with a slight shrug.

“Now will somebody punch me in the chest so I can get my blood pumping to take on these losers?” Bree asked.

“I’ll do it,” Harle and Minnerva volunteered simultaneously.

Two hours later

“Now I don’t believe I want to see the morning
    Going down the Stoney End
    I never wanted to go down the Stoney End
    Mama let me start all over
    Cradle me, Mama cradle me again”

Bree bit her lip as the home fans launched into a celebratory chorus of their favorite song. Of course, they also played the song when they lost, but not many beings sung along then. It had been a better day than the Miners’ opener, but not good enough. The offense had gotten itself back on their feet after its dismal showing last week. The midfield had even come together to trade punches with Ootredssen (which was more than respectable given what they were facing).

And yet they were still 0-2 to start the season for the third straight year--and the defense was the reason why. That meant Bree was part of the reason why. As a team, the Patriots had outplayed them today. Bree had gotten some solid hits on Roger Roger, but not enough. She knew she could have done more this time out.

As Bree left the field, she got a hot stare from the red eyes on Minnerva.

“Six--” she held up one hand and an extra finger on the other hand, “--what was that about you not being the problem?”

“Well I’ll be,” Bree said, stopping and putting her hands on her hips as Minnerva moved down the tunnel.

“What?” Bast asked coming up on Bree.

“I didn’t know Chiss could be sarcastic,” Veers said as she watched the Chiss stalk away from them towards the locker room.

“No, that was passive-aggressive and I definitely knew they could be that,” Bast said. “At least this one can be.”

“Pretty sure she breaks the mold,” Bree said as she resumed her tired retreat from the pitch.

“We’re going to have to start breaking some kind of mold or all of us might be out of a job soon,” Bast said as she joined Bree’s departure.

“We’ve got time to turn it around.”

“Not much time.”

And seven: Bree couldn’t disagree with that observation as the last verse echoed down the corridor from the field.

“Never mind the forecast
    Because the sky has lost control
    For the fury and the breaking thunder
    Has come to match my raging soul”

TAG: None

Vehn and Runjedirun like this.
  9. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012

OOC: Trazi rhymes with Jay-Z (just cause I named her and I'd hate for there to be any confusion)

IC Lucie Allin

I spend my Sunday alone on the sofa. I let my daughter and son go over to friend’s homes. So, it’s not surprising that a ping of jealously hits me when I see my brother Richard and his family sitting in a box together on Nar Shaddaa. I’m proud of my brother for including his family in his travels. For sitting proudly with his partner, who he used to hide and his non-human children. I’ve read the latest HSN reports on human vs alien participation in the league. Ralltiir wasn’t included. Not sure why. One glance at our roster and I was glad we weren’t included. So many humans! Richard is a lawyer, perhaps he kept us out of it for a reason.

I shouldn’t be jealous my own family will be together again next weekend. First to attend T.J.’s game on Sunday then all 5 of us are attending the Rydonni Prime game Sunday. I wonder if I should text T.J. to see if he wants to invite a “friend”. Like that young lady he brought to the house last week. Ezra’s birthday is this week, we’ll have a family dinner for that, I’m sure. Even if we haven’t done any official planning yet. So I order some food to be delivered and put my feet on the caf table. I try to enjoy some rare “me time.”

It’s a good afternoon the Starkillers win by a wide margin. My brother Tomas has 5 assists and 1 goal of his own. Miles is really stepping up his defense, but he’s still overshadowed by Wiskey who, has been a star on this team, since he was a rookie. He must feel like he has a lot to prove after his home planet beat the crap out of him last week and the large contract he signed over the off-season. All of our human forwards play with zest. Eastwick, Stammer and Sancheese light up the scoreboard. Of course, there’s no denying Churb’s talent in goal or Lofykam’s 14 year tenure on this team. It’s a group effort, Ty and Yolanda definitely turned things around after last week.

I’m a little worried about reports of protests outside of some games. That’s another meeting I’ll have to add to my schedule this week. Not to mention, the addition of Geoff to our family trip. I should have realized earlier that we can’t travel without a bodyguard. Small protest, my ass, I like to feel safe.

It’s Friday night. For the fifth year in a row that means high school Limmie. It’s Ezra’s fourth game of the season and to Ty the most important. Tonight’s the night Ezra goes head to head with Trazi Jul. The star forward from another private school in our fair city who just happens to be the daughter of former Starkiller and Hall of Famer Loren Jul.

Ezra’s tall, lanky form deflects practice shots from his team as Ty and I find seats in the visiting bleachers. Immediately I spot Loren on the home sideline. Coaching her daughter and other offensive players. How did the young woman who used to light up the Starkillers scoreboard end up being a middle aged coach on a high school sideline? I looked around me in search of Cambrielle, panic setting in when I couldn’t find her. I wished my daughter liked something, anything I could help her achieve greatness in. In three years, I’m sure Loren will be accepting for another position with the Starkillers. A woman like her wouldn’t be ready to retire. She only downgraded her position to spend these years with her daughter, who could blame her? Again, I look around for Cammie, finally I spot her hanging out by the snack bar with her usual group of friends.

The first time Trazi gets the ball and drives towards Ezra I reach out and takes Ty hand. I’m nervous as hell. I shouldn’t have been surprised to see Ezra easily swat her first attempt out of his way. Trazi makes two more attempts, Ezra has to dive for the final save. On her fourth drive Trazi loses her footing trying to avoid a defender. She goes down. I can see her grimace and watch helplessly as her mother runs out onto the field. Immediately Loren places a towel over her daughter’s knee. I realize the injury is so gruesome that it has to be covered. Several trainers from both teams surround Trazi. A few minutes later an ambulance arrives and the young woman is whisked away to the med center. All the while Ezra and his teammates take a knee.

In the stands we applaud, somehow the gesture feels empty, as she’s carted off the field. I’m shedding tears and Ty gently wraps his arm around me to pull me in for a hug. Loren rode with her daughter to the med center, so her team is left with no star forward and no head coach. Ezra’s team wins 19-1, but we don’t feel like celebrating. “Can we go see if Trazi is okay?” Ezra immediately asks when he runs to meet us after the game.

I look towards Ty. “Let me text Loren, see if she’s up for visitors.” He replies.

Ty thumbs around on his data pad for several minutes, then he takes a call. “I’m so sorry,” he says. “Ezra wants to know if we can stop by, wish her well. I’d like to raise her spirits too. If she’s allowed visitors.”

After ending the call Ty looks at us. “She ruptured a quad tendon. Doctor’s have already agreed to operate tomorrow morning,” he begins.

“On a Saturday,” I say realizing how serious this is.

Ty nods. “She’s young so recovery will be less lengthy than it would be for someone our age, but she’ll miss the rest of the season. Anyway, she’s restless and Loren says we can stop by.”

I run over to Cambrielle who has the gull to ask if she can go spend the night at a friend’s house. “We are going to visit Trazi in the med center,” I inform her.

“What? Who?”

“Were you watching the game? Did you not see the ambulance arrive? Trazi has been to dinner at our house,” I say exasperated. “She got hurt tonight and your brother, your father and I want to go make sure she’s okay.”

“You can do that; I want to go stay at Melissa’s. I can borrow some clothes.”

I grab my daughter by the wrist, “We are going to the med center and your coming!” This child needs to learn there are other people in the Galaxy besides herself.

Ezra picks out some flowers in the med center gift shop before we go up to Trazi’s room. “I thought you liked boys,” his sister says.

“You can do nice things for people,” Ezra says. “There doesn’t have to be an ulterior motive.”

Ty is the first to enter Trazi’s room, “How you feelin’ sweetheart?”

“I’m okay Coach Allin, thanks for coming,” Trazi answers. She looks comfortable enough. Her right knee is propped up on a pillow and she’s surrounded by a pink comforter. I notice Zenner, her father, in a chair in the corner of the room and give him a nod. Loren stands up and approaches me, she’s lost for words, so I just give her a hug.

“Sorry you got hurt tonight,” Ezra says handing Trazi the flowers. “Rematch in the spring?” He offers.

“You’re on,” Trazi says.

The visit is short and sweet. Ty is beaming with pride over Ezra’s show of sportsmanship. He doesn’t seem to notice Cambrielle’s scowl. My relationship with Cammie is starting to scare me. I’ve always been afraid to push her into anything or worse yet punish her. My biggest fear is my daughter will grow up to hate me or even run off, much like I left my own house growing up. For years spoiling Cammie worked, she got what she wanted and I got love in return. It’s not working like that anymore. Now all she seems to want is more.

Ty is focused on his first opportunity to see T.J. play live. The whole family is going and right after the five of us are headed to Rydonni Prime. There’s just one problem as we try to leave Saturday morning. Cambrielle doesn’t want to join us. “Go get dressed,” Ty instructs her when he notices that it’s time to leave.

“I’m not going,” Cammie tells her father.

“What do you mean your not coming?” He asks, not fully comprehending what his daughter is saying. “It’s your brother’s big game.”

“I want to go to Melissa’s. We have to study for a test on Monday,” she says boldly. I know Cambrielle isn’t going over to a friend’s house to study for a test.

Ty looks at me bewildered. “Can we pick her up on the way to the spaceport?”

“Absolutely not!” I say surprising myself. “We are going as a family to T.J.’s game and to Rydonni Prime as planned. Get dressed and get in the speeder.”

“But Dad just said I could go to Melissa’s,” Cammie argues.

“If your mother wants you to come with us, you come with us,” Ty says just barely adding some urgency to his voice.

“Not fair!”

“Not Fair,” Ty echoes in a whiny voice. “This game is a big deal to me, and I don’t want to be late. Are you even packed for Ryddoni Prime?” He asks.

“No,” Cammie admits.

“Okay,” Ty says headed towards the stairs. “I’ll pack for you. I’ll even pick you out an outfit to wear today. Get in the speeder.”

Mortified Cammie runs upstairs after her father. I grab my own overnight bag and go wait in the speeder with Ezra. No more than 5 minutes later Ty and Cammie join us. Cammie is wearing a bright blue Ralltiir U t-shirt and jean shorts. She’s out of breath and visibly upset. Ty jumps into the passenger seat next to me. “Punch it!” He says, only half joking.

Tag: @Vehn (for game play) @Trieste and @galactic-vagabond422 (for acknowledgement of riots and reports)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Bakuran Prime Minister and Miners owner Ayn Trieste receives questions about her feelings on the fact that over 70% of the Miners starting roster is Human at press conference.
      • Trieste: “Honestly, that’s something that I’ve not paid attention to.”
    • Reporter: “You attend games regularly--to the point that I can’t think off the top of my head when you last missed a game. Surely this is something you’re aware of. The team is right in front of you.”
      • Trieste: “I’m not involved in day-to-day operations of the team. In case you haven’t noticed, I have a few other things on my plate.”
    • Reporter: “But you have made Non-Human rights a talking point. Why isn’t it a priority for the Miners?”
      • Trieste: “My direction to Quinn Cundertol is to field a winning team. I don’t get into the specifics.”
    • Reporter: “Well clearly he hasn’t been following through on that with your Human roster, so seems like if you’re going to turn in losing records you might as well have some Non-Humans on the roster. Couldn’t do much worse.”
      • Trieste: “Seeing as there wasn’t a question in there, I’m going to move on to questions about the policies and actions of this government, not the operations of a privately-held business.”
    • Reporter: “But you’ve consistently used the Miners as a political prop. Why won’t you hold them to the same standards you ask for the rest of the planet?”
      • The Prime Minister moved on to other reporters.
    TAG: ???

Runjedirun likes this.
  11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a sunny and warm Taungsday afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz over on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

18 minutes later...

"So Mercs lose in the worst possible way..."

"Worst game from them I've ever seen."

"Getting shutout while giving up 30 to Euceron..."

"Possibly the worst game of professional limmie I've ever seen."

"...and I can see the comm lines are already lit up, we'll get to those after the break, and a word from our sponsors."

There was the customary brief pause before the voice of Justin echoed out over the wave.

"Well...speaking of seeing. You ever have a hard time finding your target on the battlefield? Acquisitions giving you the slip? Look, it happens to everyone, but it might not be your fault. It could be your T-Visor. Vizsla House studies have shown that near 13% of T-Visors are out of date, or even completely antiquated, and that can lead to missed targets on the battlefield and contract bounties going unfulfilled."

There was a pause as Justin took a breath, his voice becoming more upbeat.

"But don't worry, T-Vision solutions is the answer to your problems. With T-Vision Solutions you get a brand new Visor with their patented ultra clarity system. New iconography for your Heads Up Display, anything from square reticles, to horseshoe and dot or even the new fangled chevron with automatic range distance and drop calculator. T-Vision Solutions offers a T-Visor with the latest in technological innovations, the best in target acquisition and tracking, and all without cluttering your vision. T-Vision also gives you standard 1.5 magnification, with the ability to go to 8 by even without a rangefinder. From normal light to thermal, UV, Infrared T-Vision has all your sensory needs covered. Worried about being blinded by that flashbang you just cooked off? No need, T-Vision offers automatic screening of sudden increases in brightness so you'll never flash yourself again. Looking for an upgrade to that old T-Visor? T-Vision Solutions is the right solution for you!"

TAG: @jcgoble3 I don't care if you say the Officers are an NPC team or not, it's still your team. :p

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  12. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"Three weeks into the college limmie season and things seem to be settling down now in the top 25..."

"Boring."

"Not much in the way of upsets this past week, and most of the top 25 came out with fairly easy victories over their opponenets."

"Yeah...most."

"The exception of course being the StarBucks of The Ord Sabaok University who look to fall out of the top 25 with their latest loss."

"This season sucks."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

HSN Top 25 after Week Three

1. UB Salis D'aar
    2. University of Csilla
    3. Norand University, Carratos
    4. Keldabe Military Institute (Mandalore)
    6. University of Agamar
    7. Orn Free Ta Central Academy, Ryloth
    8. Bilbringi University
    9. University of Onderon Rupings
    10. Coruscant Polytechnic Institute
    11. UB Telaan Valley
    12. University of Zeltros
    13. Ryloth Ag and Tech University
    14. University of Garos (Garos IV)
    15. Chandrila A&M University
    16. Ralltiir University
    18. Tiarest University
    20. Nessem University
    21. University of Kashyyyk
    22. University of Kamino
    23. Ackbar Air Fleet College, Dac
    24. Taanab A&M University
    25. Catlia Polytechnic University

13. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Courscant

It was another late night show, this time far away from her home, 40 parsecs. It was still far from home. Her leg was wrapped in the brace, though Rho made sure it was hidden underneath her clothes. Didn't want to reveal that the great legend had a leg made of glass. She kept her weight off of it, and had a few NASIDs before coming to the studio. She'd become good at managing her pain, it had been with her since that day nearly five years ago now.

It was the Jar of Dirt game, 290, they were down and everyone was looking to her to save them. She snagged a bullet pass from Natsu, and spun around her mark leaving them in the dust, the next came in low she dropped lower shoving off with her shoulder sending them falling to their back. The goal was in her sights, it was all hers. She could make this goal and drive the team to victory.

Out of her blindspot she felt hands digging into her shoulders twisting her upper body. Right away she felt a sharp pain running up her leg as her cleats kept firm in the turf. She tumbled to the ground her body racked with pain, clutching her knee.

"Leigh you're on." one of the PAs called pulling her out of her memory, a painful memory. She walked out, the house band playing some current pop song. This was Courscant, they wouldn't know enough about her to know her or her history, or what song to play when she walked onto the stage. She did her best to keep her gate even, to not give away the game that she was wearing her brace.

Taking the guest seat she shook hands with the host, a Devaroinan named Sain Rennow. Again they exchanged some small talk, hellos and the like while the waited for the crowd noise to die down. Her heart was still beating fast as she looked out over the crowd, it seemed larger than the one back on Carratos, the seating going back for row after row.

"Leigh Cavanaugh." Sain started tapping his note cards on the table. "How have you been?"

"I've been good been good…" This led into the typical small talk, mentioning writing her book, other things she'd been doing in her hiatus from the public eye. It was slowly becoming something of a rote pattern for her and that was lovely. Knowing what to say without having to think about it. Her coaching from Rho also helped prepare her for this, even if she felt like a fool for doing so.

"So, I was reading your book, and it's fascinating." Rennow started flipping through a datapad loaded with an advanced copy of the book. "And if you don't mind I would like to ask you about your injury. Take me back to that time." She gave a smile, fighting against herself to rub her injured knee.

"Right so it's the Jar of Dirt game 290 we're down with time running out. Natsu passes to me, but I still have the defense to cut through. I spin around one, blow through another and now I just see the goal. If I can put it in, I can keep my team alive." She hangs her head letting out a breath, "I didn't see the last back coming in from my blindside and crashing into me."

"And could you tell something was wrong right away?"

"The shooting pain up my leg was a dead giveaway. In that moment I thought my career was over. A lot of players don't come back from knee injuries. I'd strained it before, but this felt different, felt worse. And I was all like, That's it been a good run, got a ring I guess that's good enough." She threw up her hands in mock surrender swaying her head back and forth with an exaggerated roll of her eyes.

"But, it didn't end there did it? You made it back?"

"Yeah, came back the very next year and won the cup. My second one. I didn't expect it to happen, and maybe I should have retired there go out on top."

"Well that would have been the storybook way to go out."

"But, sadly life isn't a story, you don't always get the happy ending you want. Though if you look for it you can find it. Though we didn't make it far the next year, I got to see a new star enter into the league and now I get to watch her grow."

"Are you proud of Iris, what she's been able to do taking up your mantel?"

"I'm more the proud, she's continuing the tradition of Carratosian limmie."

"On that point a lot of teams, yours included have come under fire for not hiring non-humans. What do you say to those people pushing for equality?"

"That they are right, that we have some work to do on that front." Rho had prepped her for this, keep it civil, but lean towards incremental change. Nothing radical but, not status quo. "I played with about an even split when I first started, but that changed as we got further and further in the ELL."

"Do you think the ELL has a culture problem, a pro human leaning."

"I wouldn't say that. I don't think the owners and GMs are being malicious, or most of them anyway. It's just one of these things that happen, we all have internal subconscious biases. We look at two players with equal stats and sometimes they go with their gut, and sometimes their gut is influenced by our bias. They don't intentionally do it to rob non-humans of playing time, they just don't notice. Does that make it right? No, does that excuse it, no. But, I don't think we need to vilify them, just point it out and demand change."

"But, what if one of the owners or GMs is a problem, they are being malicious?"

"Then I would ask them to take a long, hard look at themselves and ask if they want to keep living with a hate for the majority of the galaxy. And if they don't see a problem then, if you don't see the problem you are the problem."

TAG: @SWNerd11

Runjedirun likes this.
  14. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Addison Vehn
    Press Conference

"Ms. Vehn-"

"Mrs. Vehn," Addison corrected.

"Mrs. Vehn," the reporter repeated, "did you see Galactic Sports Weekly ran an entire issue focusong on sex and species parity in the ELL?"

Addison shook her head, "I did not. Why is this relevant?"

"Because 62% of all starters in the Elite League are Human and 12% are Near Humans," the reporter replied.

"I see so this has suddenly become a press conference on specism and gender roles?" Addison clarified growing annoyed.

"You're missing the point," the reporter continued, "the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers have an almost entirely human squad. Yet humans are the minority on the Smuggler's Moon. Why is that?"

"Each year I assemble the fifteen best players, in conjunction with Head Coach Shady Lerouex, and if those fifteen happen to be all human than so be it," Addison replied, "I'm not liking this line of questioning. Are you suggesting that the Nar Shaddaa Smuggler discriminate based on the gender or racial background of the athlete?"

"Hardly," the reporter said as his colleagues begged him to sit down and let the press conference continue, "I'm saying that it seems odd to me that with all the diversity to which Nar Shaddaa could hire to the team this roster and the twenty years prior is made up entirely of all Humans. Again, Mrs. Vehn, why is that?"

Addison leaned against the podium and closed her eyes. This reporter was driving her crazy. She wanted to leave, walk out of the room, but his tone and his message were quite clear. He was insinuating, somehow, the agenda that Nar Shaddaa failed to adequately meet league diversity hiring practices. That was wrong, of course, but certain people could never be satisifed these days.

"First off," Addison said, "our hiring practices are modern, clear, and designed to maximize the ultimate goal of bringing home a championship to Nar Shaddaa. Granted, most of our team may be human but that does not mean that I or my colleagues have turned a blind eye to talent around us that may be foreign. The reason our squad is entirely human is because a great number of species are excluded from playing this beautiful game due to an unfair physiological advantage.

"In addition there are other species that could play the game but fail to pass their physical, fail to be drafted due to circumstance, fail to go to an accredited university, and fail to be supported at an early age to pursue a life and career in the Elite League. Keep in mind, sir, that the greatest Nar Shaddaa Smuggler teams to win the ELL championships had incredible diversity. Rhia Grames ring a bell? She played and won on human minority teams. Incredible. In recent years our traditional recruiting pipelines have had to change to accomodate modern political and geographical realities.

"Now," Addison added, "that may be severe. It may sound harsh. The reality is that we field the best fifteen players. Currently, due to historical ties to DTU and VCU, that pipeline and those recruits tend to be human. I am by no means a High Human supporter. That kind of talk wasn't allowed at home. I am a supporter of winning. You shoudl be to. We're done for today."

Addison stormed out of the press room and on her way to the bathroom to use the fresher for the zillionth time she punched a hole in the nearby hallway wall.

"How dare they frakking bait me with that filth! How dare they!" Addison roared.

Tag: @Trieste (thanks for the setup on this!)

Trieste, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus potential to Bakura, Carratos, Mando'ade, Nar Shaddaa, and Ralltiir.

295 Week 3 Results
    Mando’ade Mercs at Chandrila Patriots (11-10)
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Euceron Officers (16-14)
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Rydonni Prime Monarchs (13-22)
    Coruscant Senators at Carratos Pirates (19-31)
    Bakura Miners at Bastion Imperial LC (12-13)

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 @jcgoble3 @Jedi Gunny @Runjedirun @Vehn

Vehn likes this.
  16. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for: Tatooine, Concordia, Druckenwell and Atzerri (All teams 28)

Week 2 Results
    Concordia Crusaders @ Thyferra Force (1-0)
    Druckenwell Marksmen @ Tatooine Sandskimmers (3-16)
    Atzerri Bandits @ Contonica Golden Knights (14-1)

Tags: @Bardan_Jusik @Jedi Gunny @Vehn @galactic-vagabond422

17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a sunny and warm Victory afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz over on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

24 minutes later...

"So there you have it, a lucky..."

"Some would say almost miraculous."

"...last second bar point from Owens..."

"Really thought we were headed for overtime there."

"...to give the Mercs the 11 to ten win over the Pats. We'll have more on that and of course take your calls when we get back from the break, but first a word from our sponsors."

There was a brief pause as sheaves of flimsi could be heard rustling.

"Hi this is Randy with Puck Finder, the best acquisition application in the galaxy." there was another pause as Randy looked over his script before continuing on. "Look, we've all been there, in between jobs, looking for our next paycheck and wondering what to so..."

"Sure, sure." Justin chimed in trying to help.

"...for those bounty hunters out there, it's looking for the next puck, all the particulars for the next job, payment and of course the all important, 'who you're working for.' Sometimes the jobs are so many you don't know where to start. Others, there is so little work that you need help ensuring you get the your fair share sent to you by the Guild. In either case, and any in between you need Puck Finder. Sign up, answer a few questions ranging from experience level and employment preferences to moral flexibility and Puck Finder will do the rest, setting you up for success."

"With Puck Finder, it's not a matter of getting the jobs left over at the Guild Hall, or relying on those all too unreliable Guild reps to get you the jobs you need. Puck Finder matches you with the perfect contract, ensuring a safer, more lucrative bounty hunting experience. So sign up for Puck Finder today, if I were a member of the Bounty hunting Guild, I would..."

TAG: No One: Shabla NPC teams.

Trieste likes this.
  18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Bree Veers
    Imperial Coliseum, Bastion

“Weren’t we here last season?” Harle asks.

“No, we definitely were not,” Minnerva informed the Zeltron flatly.

“I really feel like I was,” Harle insisted.

“I’m sure you think you were,” the Chiss said without changing her tone of voice. “Maybe a little less thinking about the past and a little more thinking about the present?”

Bree couldn’t argue with the midfielder on that. With one conference win, Imperial LC was the Solo Conference leader. It wasn’t the ideal team to face when standing at 0-2 and playing your first conference game.

The toughest thing was that no one knew quite what to expect. This was the Miners’ first road game on Bastion in franchise history--a fact that the media was playing up for full effect. The Imperial news agencies were salivating over the prospect of LC knocking off one of the old guard of the ELL and getting two conference wins early in the season. Back home, the sportswriters had declared that another 0-3 start for the blue and gold would reveal fundamental faults in the makeup of the current roster. One writer went so far as to say, “Jobs could ultimately be lost by the end of the game this Primeday from Cundertol’s to Draper’s to the DTU Three’s to any player on the roster. Given the last two plus years, an 0-3 start will tell the galaxy that the Miners are not Galactic Cup champion material.”

Bree knew she wasn’t immune. An Ingbrand was one of the most fickle awards in the ELL. Good rookie seasons could mean nothing if they weren’t followed by continued excellence and growth.

“You can stop whiteknuckling that,” Stephana said.

Bree looked down at her hands. Adiims was right--she was twisting her warm-up jacket so tightly that her knuckles had gone translucent. She also realized she was holding her breath and simultaneously exhaled and loosened her grip at the same time. “Sorry. Just thinking about what’s at stake.”

“Oh yeah, fate of the galaxy is at stake today,” Stephana said, slapping Bree on the back. “We lose and the Imperials are gonna take over Bakura and the Emperor’s going to be resurrected for the umpteenth time. Good thing we’re Human! They won’t enslave us.”

Bree couldn’t help but smile at the sarcasm. “And that was the one thing I wasn’t thinking about.”

“Yeah, ‘cause it’s not gonna happen. Last time the Emperor was ‘revived,’ I think it was a giant hoax. Old holo footage or something.”

“No, the Human thing. Everybody’s wringing their handkerchiefs because the team of the Empire has less Humans than us,” Bree said. “And Jo’s over there now. It’s like this whole debate about species is going to play out here instead of a boloball game.”

“Hey--you got us out of our heads last week, now you get out of yours. This is a limmie game. This isn’t the floor of the Galactic Senate. This isn’t even real life. It’s sports, the thing that distracts every other being from their real life. So forget about all that and play limmie,” Stephana advised.

“Yeah I know. Sometimes it’s hard just to clear the head and push the things that don’t matter to the periphery,” Bree admitted.

“Oh, Harle taught me a trick for that,” Stephana said with a smile.

“What’s that?”

“Hey Harle!”

“What?” the Zeltron called back.

“Don’t think about pink elephants!” Stephana called out.

“Nooooooooooooooooo!” Harle wailed to the ceiling.

“So now she’s going to think about pink elephants?” Bree guessed.

“And you will too,” Stephana said.

“Shouldn’t we be thinking about limmie?” Bree objected.

“Better pink elephants than solving galactic peace,” Stephana assured her.

Bree didn’t argue with that.

It was the slimmest of leads, but it was a lead and all that mattered. Had someone asked her, Bree would have said that this is exactly where she wanted the game to be. She would take the responsibility of having the game ride on her play any Primeday with pleasure. Better that than being out of it.

10-12. A one score game. There was only one way for LC to win now, with this much time left, and everyone knew it.

Bree’s mark today was Avano Koobis, the former Patriot captain. He had to be steamed that he got released by the Pats only to have them turn around and win the Cup two seasons later. No doubt he wanted to see that happen for Bastion now and to get his overdue name engraved in the silver. He was a veteran, but Bree had kept up with him all game. As LC pushed up the field, they got the ball to him, using their strength on the right.

Veers saw him coming and picked up a shift in the way Koobis clutched the boloball. He was going to make a juke--the question was what way he’d go. If she could stop him, it could blunt the whole LC push, maybe end the game. She just had to read him right.

Pink elephants.

That cleared her head, allowed her instinct to kick in. He was going inside--the high risk play, but one that gave him open space if he succeeded. She went right without question.

So did he--his right. Her left.

Bree whipped around, still on her feet, but Koobs had five steps on her, open field. Mick Callister closed the gap and the Miners’ defensive field shifted right to adjust. Koobis made a high, long kick pass across the field, taking advantage of the shift. It was another improbable play, low percentage of success. There were a lot of beings across the field who could pick that off.

But the recipient was a high percentage player. None other than Jo Pawvelski, the spurned Miner signed by Bastion. HeadBAND AID in place, she headered the ball into a gaping goal.

The Miner counterattack ran out of time. 13-12 Bastion, now the undisputed leader of the Solo Conference. And by a 12-13 score, the Miners, for the second time in three seasons, started 0-3. This time it was all on her.

Bree put a hand to her forehead to reduce the pounding in it that kicked in with the game over and her adrenaline beginning its slow filter out of her blood. 0-3.

“Well damn,” she spat.

TAG: None

Runjedirun likes this.
  19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Bakura Miners sign two free agent forwards:
      • Dabba Krul (Fondorian, Male, Forward), formerly of Galactic Cup Finalist Coruscant Senators
      • Daniella Bell (Mon Calamari, Female, Corner Forward) recently of University of Mon Calamari
      • Both will start against Carratos.
    • They will replace Adam Stone and Muscles Neegar, respectively.
      • Stone and Neegar are members of the much-maligned DTU Three.
    • Cundertol: “In discussion with Jon [Draper], it is time for a new direction on offense.”
      • When asked whether Krul and Bell were signed because they are non-Humans: “No. Krul brings significant experience from strong Senators offenses to the table. Bell is young talent with a high upside.”
      • On the future of the DTU Three: “McNutt is part of a decent defense. I want to see more out of the whole defense, but McNutt deserves to continue to start and he will.”
    • Though Cundertol made no public comment, sources inside the Miners say that the team is willing to trade Stone and Neegar.
      • “At this point, Cundertol just wants the stain of the DTU Three gone. He’s looking at Premier League teams. Their reputation couldn’t be any lower in the ELL after the last two plus years. He’d probably take a box of molasses-caramel popcorn and nuts with a prize inside for both of them if someone offered it--figuratively speaking, of course.”
    • By HSN’s standard rankings, only two high profile free agents available are non-Humans.
      • HSN intern: “I was going to say that doesn’t look very good...but maybe a bunch of unemployed Humans is a good thing?”
    TAG: @galactic-vagabond422

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    Runjedirun likes this.
  20. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012

IC Lucie Allin

The final person to board the team shuttle after the Monarchs game is Ty. He’s clutching the Golden Gloves trophy. Visibly frustrated, oddly composed, he walks past his team and into his own private quarters without a word. Ezra and T.J. sit up front, reading for school or studying for their own upcoming games. Cambrielle sits next to me, she’s folded her hoodie into a pillow and looks like she might already be asleep.

We land a mere two hours later. I shake Cammie awake and debark quickly so I can give T.J. a hug before he flies back to school. “Thanks for coming,” I tell him.

“Wouldn’t miss it,” he replies.

“Fly safe,” I say.

“You too,” he replies.

Ezra, Cammie and I wait in the speeder for nearly 20 minutes while Ty supervises the transport of equipment from the shuttle to a large speeder that will return to the stadium. I don’t know why he has to supervise. Surely someone lower on the payroll can take care of this. I just want to go home. Spend some time with Ty, because this upcoming week is going to be crazy.

Ever since the major scare, the time when for over a month Ty’s memories were completely lost, I’ve become more aware that our time together is short. We could fly home, turn our separate ways in bed and pretend the loss never happened. Or we could make the best of what we have. What we have is each other and I chose to share this moment with my husband.

Monday after a loss. What could be worse than a Monday after a loss? How about a Monday after a loss combined with the Monday before your first home game? Ty and I are up and out of the house before the kids are out of bed.

Richard pops his head in my office door before my caf is cool enough to sip. “Got a minute?”

“Of course,” I say.

My little brother walks into my office and sits down comfortably on a chair next to my desk. “Did you see the Sandskimmers game?”

“No, I was on Rydonni Prime, yesterday. But I did see the score, team is doing well,” I add.

“If the Sandskimmers bring home another title or even if they just contend,” my brother pauses a minute. “You know with all the talk of diversity. I’m thinking of promoting Teaspoon to the Starkillers.”

“As an assistant coach?” I ask. Even though I know full well that’s not what Richard means. Richard wants me to convince Ty it’s a good time to retire.

“Lucie, Ty’s contract is up at the end of the season.”

“Frack you, Richard. Ty’s suffered more than any of us could understand for this game. He wants to be here despite that and if you so much as suggest he step down, you’ll crush him. Crush your nephews and niece too,” I warn. Ezra worships Richard; wants to be a lawyer just like him. I can’t imagine what it would do to him if another one of his idols let’s him down. The Gil Cray era has been hard enough.

“Lucie, he’s as much of a liability as he is an asset,” my brother doesn’t stop to let me get a word in. “And not just because he has a brain injury that makes him forget who he is part of the time. Another part of the time he acts like a little kid, playing pranks on the staff or joyriding on the equipment cart.”

That’s unfair and Richard knows it. I’m too fearful to allow Ty to have his speeder’s license back, who could blame him for flying around in the equipment cart, once in a while, it’s not easy for Ty to have lost so much. Let him have a little of it back.

“It’s a terrible idea,” I tell my brother flatly. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a program to prepare. There’s a game in this stadium on Sunday.”

I see my brother out and start going through music selections to play while the stadium fills, music to play during time-outs, how it works with the musical numbers our dance teams will be performing, music to play if we win, music selection to play if we lose. You’d be surprised how much music there is to be played during a home Limmie game. It’s very important we find selections from different genres that flow and please everyone, or as many beings as possible. You can never please everyone.

My data pad buzzes, it’s Geoff. “Morning Miss Lucie,” he says.

“What’s wrong?”

“Oh, nothing much. Just wanted you to know Cambrielle was slow this morning. Ezra was ready on time so I took him to school and now I’m headed back to pick up Cammie. I didn’t want her to make her brother late.”

“Thanks for letting me know. Any other problems?”

“No problems, did you know Ezra has a boyfriend?”

Freakin’ Monday! “No! He didn’t tell me.”

“He hasn’t told me either, but I caught him holding another boy’s hand when he thought I’d already left to go get his sister this morning.”

“Thanks Geoff, give me a call once you get Cammie to school and tell her that whatever the school doles out for punishment for being tardy, I stand behind it.”

“Will do.” He chuckles kindly and cuts the line.

We get through the first part of the week without too many issues. Thursday morning is one of the roughest I remember with Ty. He has no idea what’s going on, where he is and he’s refusing to look at the holos on my data pad. “Do my knees usually hurt this bad? I don’t know if I can stand up.”

“You probably forgot to take a pain killer last night,” I say with a sigh.

“Why would I need that?” He asks angrily. He puts his feet down on the floor and stands up while holding on to the bed with his hands. “Hey,” he says. “I did it.” He looks at me, “Who did you say you were? Is it Limmie season? I must have had a game yesterday. Everything hurts. Did I tell you I’m the fullback? Ralltiir U.” He wipes the stray hairs out of the front of his face and smiles with pride.

“You were the fullback,” I say correcting him. “25 years ago, you didn’t just hurt your knees playing Limmie Ty, you hurt your head. It’s 295. I’m your wife!”

Ty sits back down, then immediately stumbles into the fresher to pee. When he finishes, he goes to examine himself in the mirror. “****, I am old.” He exclaims even if to me he doesn’t look a day over 25. I pick up his data pad again and bring up his notes. “Here you wrote this to yourself. Usually, once you’ve read it you start to remember,” I tell him.

As Ty reads, I hear Geoff’s voice get louder and more urgent downstairs. “Who’s downstairs?” Ty asks.

“Our kids, their caretaker, late for school,” I say looking at the chrono on my data pad.

“I’ll come back for you,” I hear Geoff say as the door to our garage slams shut. I don’t know what to do, stay here with Ty or go tend to Cammie. I know she’s the one who’s held everyone up, I know it’s the second time this week she’ll be late.

“Sounds like trouble,” Ty says. “Says here Zap Dos scored 2 goals last week, you know who Zap Dos is?”

Quickly I grab the data pad. Sure enough, he’s not even reading the right notes. “Here,” I say. “Read who you are before you get into what your game plan is for Sunday.”

He looks at me blankly. Then he looks down at his data pad. “That folder labeled Patriots Game Plan seemed much more interesting,” he complains. Finally, he starts reading. “Married,” he mumbles. “Three kids, one cat, father’s dead, mom lives across town,” there’s laughter. He pauses, “Is Cambrielle downstairs, was she late for school again?”

He puts the device down and walks out of the bedroom in his boxers. “Cambrielle, you down there?” He booms.

“Ty, not now,” I plead coming out of the bedroom after him.

“No, I have notes on this. And I’m remembering now. She gets away with too much, Lucie.”

At the bottom of the stairs my daughter appears. She’s still wearing her pajamas, hair uncombed. “What are you doing?” I ask politely.

“Takes Geoff a while to get back here, I have time,” she says.

“You’re late,” I say. “Cambrielle is something bothering you at school?”

“There’s nothing to do in homeroom anyway,” she starts.

“What your mom asked is, is something bothering you in school? Even I heard the question and my brain is still warming up,” Ty chimes in. “Get your clothes on.”

“Ugh,” Cammie sighs as she runs upstairs into her room and slams the door behind her.

I go back into my bedroom to find an outfit for the day. Ty bangs on Cammie’s bedroom door. “You and me are going to have a talk tonight,” he says.

Moments later Cambrielle comes out dressed for school. “Doubt you’ll remember anyway,” she mumbles under her breath. She’s completely oblivious to the fact that her father heard her and he’s typing furiously into his data pad. She runs downstairs to meet Geoff who is returning to get her and flies out the front door.

“Wow,” I say.

“Yea, she’ll get hers,” Ty says. “Lucie you have to let me deal with this. She’s completely out of hand.”

“Okay,” I say. Partly because I agree with Cammie, he won’t remember. Partly because we are late for work and we don’t have time to talk about this.

I’m wrong, that very afternoon Ty wants to leave early. Meet Cammie at the house when she gets home from school. As we walk out of the stadium, I catch Richard’s eye. So, I worry about my daughter and I worry about my husband’s job security as I fly him home.

Ty goes up to Cammie’s room and finds some work out clothes. When she gets home, he has her put them on. Well he argues with her until she puts them on. He tells her they are going on a run which Cammie says she can’t do, and he tells her if his bad knees can run 2 miles she certainly can.

Two hours later Ezra is shoveling food into his mouth and I’m so nervous that Ty and Cammie haven’t come back that I can’t eat at all. When I hear the front door open I jump out of my seat. “Go take a shower,” I hear Ty tell Cammie.

She does and Ty assures me everything is okay. “I’m getting up extra early tomorrow. She and I are going for a run every morning before school. For a week,” he adds.

It’s not a bad idea, to get her up early, make her do something. I just don’t know how she’s taking all of this, so I sit up and I wonder if she’ll try to escape the house. She finds me sleeping on the sofa the next morning. “You and dad have a fight?” She asks.

“No,” I admit. “I was worried about you.”

“Why?”

“I thought you might be upset about your father punishing you,” I say.

Ty comes running down the steps in sneakers, shorts and no shirt. Cammie’s mouth gapes open. “Come on!” He says.

“This is worse than I thought,” Cammie says.

As if Friday’s aren’t long enough, I’m up. I make some caf, Ezra and I have breakfast. Ty and I go to work, we leave just in time to get to Ezra’s game. Cammie hangs with her friends, as usual. T.J. has an away game, he’s on a shuttle. I do what mother’s do, I worry. I cheer on Ezra and I crash hard, thankful for a Saturday the one day I can sleep in.

Sunday morning arrives, I’m more rested thanks to some extra sleep on Saturday. It doesn’t keep the nauseous feeling from overtaking me as we fly into the stadium. Could Ty’s job really be on the line. It’s too early in the season for my brother to be making threats like that. I’m down on the sideline helping to line up the Junior dance team when my brother rushes out and taps my shoulder. “Have you heard from Fortune?”

“No,” I say.

“He didn’t show up, no one’s in the booth!”

“Eriin didn’t show up either?” I ask in disbelief.

“Well she showed up, but she can’t call the game alone.”

“Why the hell not?” Could my brother possibly be more sexist? Okay, so looking back he probably felt like Andres has more knowledge on the game, not that Eriin can’t do the job because she’s a woman, but can you blame me for thinking that way?

This is way more worrisome than just having a game to call. Andres is the full-time caregiver of my nephew. Where the hell is he? I call his data pad and it goes straight to voice mail.

“Already tried that,” Richard says.

“Eriin calls the game alone,” I tell Richard. “The show must go on.”

Tag: @ NOBODY (big thanks to Andrew Luck for the plot twist, maybe?)

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  21. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"Chaos as we pass the midpoint of the college limmie season as six of the top 25..."

"Four of the top..."

Playoff position."

"...16..."

"...go down in defeat. None larger than number two University of Csilla..."

"I don't look for them to lose too much ground, that was a tough road game in poor weather conditions."

"..while farther down the rankings UBTV and CorTech took potentially fatal losses in within their own conferences."

"Barring some help, it's going to be tough for CorTech to make the S16 championship game now..."

"Down in the bottom fifth of the rankings Kashyyk and Taanab also lost and look to potentially drop out of the top 25.

HSN Top 25 after Week Four

1. UB Salis D'aar
    2. Keldabe Military Institute (Mandalore)
    3. University of Csilla
    4. Norand University, Carratos
    6. University of Onderon Rupings
    7. University of Agamar
    8. Orn Free Ta Central Academy, Ryloth
    9. Bilbringi University
    10. Chandrila A&M University
    11. Ryloth Ag and Tech University
    12. Coruscant Polytechnic Institute
    13. University of Zeltros
    14. UB Telaan Valley
    15. Nessem University
    16. Ralltiir University
    18. Tiarest University
    20. University of Garos (Garos IV)
    21. Catlia Polytechnic University
    22. Ackbar Air Fleet College, Dac
    23. University of Kamino
    24. Bakura Fleet Acadamey
    25. University of Kashyyyk

Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  22. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    O'Pahz, Carratos

Leigh rolled over in her own bed something she'd taken for granted before, she had allowed herself to forget that sensation of waking up in a place was your own. Her time with the team, traveling from planet to planet, had given her that appreciation for her own sheets, her own blanket and pillow. That appreciation had faded over her retirement. Now with the book tour and going around all the late night shows she's been traveling all around, from Coursant to Dac support her book. She'd been on the road for the whole week, never staying in one place more than night. It got draining after a while.

Thankfully Rho has scheduled her next event on Aphran, just a system over, that mixed with her previous engagement to commentate on the Pirates/Sens game this week gave her the chance to sleep in at home. Her luck must be good today, her knee wasn't hurting her like it had been every other day this long, long week. Brown eyes open as the sunlight fell across her bed. Leaving a pleasant warm feeling, that woke her up slowly. It was the little things they said, little things like sleeping in after a grueling week. Reminding her of the rest days after hard practices or rough games.

Another good thing about today was the plans she had made after taking her time waking up. Her datapad buzzed with a message. Tilting it up she looked at it as it appeared on the screen.

'We set for today? That caf shop on 22nd?' She smiled a little sitting up a little more in bed. The message was from Else, her line mate three years ago and still her friend. Leigh brought her knees up to rest the datapad across her legs to properly reply to her friend.

'Yep, have the morning off you good?' He laid her head back letting out a long breath letting Else compose her reply.

'Yes, I can drop Sophie off at daycare and be there. Seiji going to be there too?'

'Of course, just wants to see his wife off before coming to meet us.'

'Awesome, see you then.'

'See ya.' Setting the datapad to sleep mode she set it on the end table.

Getting a cup of caf with your friends, it was the little things.

She took a seat a large caf in her hands, waiting for her friends to arrive. The city was awake, people moving this way and that. To jobs, to school, to family or just wandering the city. She gave a few waves to people that recognized her. Gave a few autographs, but most people were just getting on with their day, some of them stopping by to get a caf and maybe a pastry to start their day. It was all so, normal so pedestrian, a far cry from the rush, and training of Limmie. It wasn't bad, just a change of pace, one she'd settled into.

Things might have been slower, but that didn't make it boring. You just had to find your own fun. Like people watching, observing beings as they went about their daily lives. The business beings rushing off to important meetings talking on their comlinks, students heading to school in their uniforms, traveling in packs, the couples seeing each other off to their respective workplaces. She wasn't alone long, not long enough for her own existential loneliness to set in.

Else with the first to arrive Leigh got up to pull her into a warm hug. Her friend chuckled a little giving a final squeeze before letting go.

"How have you been?" Else asked sitting down catching up...and letting the line die down before getting her caf.

"Been well, traveling a lot recently." Leigh replied taking a sip.

"I've noticed, seen you on all the late night shows."

"You watch those?"

"It's about the only time me and Eric get to ourselves, Sophie is a terror to get to bed." Else shook her head looking to the line at the counter. "So your book doing well?"

"As well as a sports book can. Unsurprisingly most of the sales are here on Carratos."

"We do love our local products." Else checked once again seeing that the line was much shorter now. "Be right back." The former center half-forward rose moving to the counter.

Though the window she saw Seiji step off the bus and start walking in. Again she rose taking the Iktotchi into a hug. After letting go he moved to the line coming to stand behind Else.

"Hey looking for someone, about your height…" he started Else turned around a warm smile on her face.

Soon enough the trio once called the 'Old Salt Line' was gathered around a table warm cups of caf in their hands.

"So nervous about the game this week?" Else asked the commentator.

"Not really, we've beaten them three times in a row, once for a Cup so I think the curse is well and truly broken."

"Yeah," Seiji agreed, "That team, no matter how terrible they were, they always found a way to beat us."

"I guess the question is did they get worse or did we get better?" Else asked looking over her cup.

"Whatever it is I'm just glad it's gone." Leigh replied, and a part of her is glad that Iris was the one to do it. The one to take the curse and break it over her knee in the GC Final. It gave the young woman a defining moment something that could never be taken away from her.

"I guess," Else said taking another sip.

The friends talk about their lives, catching up with each other feeling like weeks since they were last able to get together. Sophie was growing up so fast, closing in on being a threenager, getting a little rebellious, Seiji's wife was up for a promotion at her company, they had a little laugh at him being a kept man. He took it in stride, with a smile, he'd been cleaning up after the two of them for years, a house is easy.

Leigh was smiling in the booth as the camera cut to them the game over. They'd done it again, vanquished the team that had caused the Pirates so much trouble in the past. It was a different era for Pirates limmie, no longer did they fear the matchup against the team from forty parsecs away. They would still lose Leigh had played too long to think that one could go undefeated against a single team. Just at least they wouldn't constantly lose to this one.

"So what is your take on this game Leigh?"

"An offensive shootout, I'm almost certain Coach Sabah is going to work the defense hard this next week."

"Even thought they won?"

"They won because Iris caught fire in the second half and put up points and assists like a mad woman, backed up by Cray of course."

"You think he's come into his own here?"

"He's presence is most certainly appreciated especially on that half forward line."

"Do you think he'll stay, re-sign with the Pirates?"

"That is up to him really but, if we can make it far in the playoffs win a Cup...maybe."

"Just a maybe?"

"People can make their own decisions and not always the ones we expect."

TAG: @Jedi Gunny

23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus potential for Bakura, Carratos, Mando'ade, and Ralltiir.

295 Week 4 Results
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Mando’ade Mercs (28-13)
    Chandrila Patriots at Ralltiir Starkillers (7-25)
    Bastion Imperial LC at Rydonni Prime Monarchs (29-2)
    Euceron Officers at Coruscant Senators (1-15)
    Bakura Miners at Carratos Pirates (17-25)

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 @Jedi Gunny @Runjedirun @Vehn

Vehn likes this.
  24. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for: Tatooine, Concordia and Atzerri (All teams 28)

Week 3 Results
    Cantonica Golden Knights @ Concordia Crusaders (0-5)
    Thyferra Force @ Druckenwell Marksmen (23-6)
    Tatooine Sandskimmers @ Atzerri Bandits (6-5)

Tags: @Bardan_Jusik @Jedi Gunny @Vehn @galactic-vagabond422

25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Tickets for Miner home games against Rydonni Prime, Nar Shaddaa, and Coruscant being listed on ticket resale HoloNet sites at less than face value.
      • Coruscant will visit on Truce Day.
    • Source inside Miners’ season ticket office says that the much-vaunted waiting list for tickets has been cut in half due to withdrawals.
      • “We’ve even had current season ticket holders call us and say, ‘Don’t bother contacting me to renew next season. If I’m going to spend part of my Primeday watching the team lose, I’d rather do it at home so I can turn the game off at halftime and garden in the backyard.’”
    • HSN commentator: “The Miners are not only the worst team in the ELL by far, but they’re pretty much irrelevant. Cundertol’s big gamble of getting two thirds of the DTU Three out of the locker room failed. Since he’s on an at-will contract, they could fire him tomorrow and not owe him a centicred.”
    TAG: @Jedi Gunny @Vehn

Vehn, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.