main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite League Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012

IC: Lucie Allin

When you have to herd 30 kids between the ages of 5-17 onto a Limmie field for a performance the only thing you should be thinking about is those kids and their performance. I was not so lucky. My data pad was constantly buzzing in my back pocket. My mind was whirling, where could Fortune be? Was that him calling? How unprofessional would it be to take a peek during this performance?

The routine goes off almost without a hitch, only a few of the little ones forget their parts, the older ones help them out. The crowd loves them. I remind them to wave as they walk off the field and lead them to their seats about 5 rows back behind the home goal post. Their proud parents waiting to congratulate them. They have one more performance just after half time. I walk back down to the sideline and peak at my phone.

The first text is from Zoey. Where’s my father?

Thank goodness I didn’t have to answer that one before seeing the next three missed calls were from Fortune himself. I sneak into the tunnel that leads to the home locker room and dial his number.

“Hello.”

“Where are you?” I nearly yell.

“In the parking lot,” he says out of breath. “Head Band Aids aren’t required in Lightball, I told Marty to wear one anyway, he said they look dorky and now he has a concussion!”

“Oh my gosh, where is he? Is he okay?” I ask.

“I think so, sorry I missed your calls. He’s home with Alyada. I’m about to enter the booth. I’ll fill you in later,” he says before ending the call.

I quickly text my brother and then Zoey who’s away at college. After that I race back to the sideline. A local popstar is belting out the anthem. Almost time for kick-off. The Patriots take an early time out. Sancheese and Eastwick have already put balls in their net and our defense hasn’t let the ball anywhere near our goal yet. I give the senior dance team their cue.

In my opinion this dance team is somewhat of a joke. They don’t have a routine, 90% of them are fat, the crowd loves them just because they aren’t afraid to walk out on the field and make fools of themselves. I wish my theater life had been so easy.

Getting old seems to be all about accepting what you’ve become. That’s not for me, I’m never getting old, I’ll never just lie back and accept that I’m anything. I left home at 16 to make something of myself and I won’t give up making myself better just because I’m 60!

Finally the real dance team has their turn after the Patriots manage a bar point and Ty decides to use one of his time outs. This team knows what they are doing, they don’t even need me. I just nod as their captain runs out on the field. The men aren’t all gay anymore, we have two that I at least think are straight. The women still wear short skirts and show their bellies. They are all young and amazingly athletic. My own ankle will never be the same, even after three surgeries. There’s a ping of jealousy as I watch them perform. You’re not old, I tell myself and you’re not giving up!

The Starkillers have a great game. Ty runs over after the handshake line and startles me with a kiss. When he pulls away he says. “I’ve missed having you on the sideline.”

As he runs down the tunnel to speak to his team or take a press interview I stand completely out of breath. We didn’t even make eye contact during the game, I was so busy making sure each planned act was ready for each game break I nearly forgot he was a few feet away. Had he been watching me? Didn’t matter, what matters is we won. I see T.J., that shy girl, Ezra and Cammie approaching. “Hey mom,” T.J. shouts.

“You remember Anna,” he says when they get closer.

“Yes,” I say relieved he tells me her name. He must have said it when they first showed up a few weeks ago, but I had totally forgotten. “It’s nice to see you again. Did you enjoy the game?”

She nods. “It’s her first Starkillers game,” Ezra tells me. “We made sure she tried every kind of nachos and introduced her to the whole family.”

Anna holds T.J.’s hand a little harder. “Did you eat too many nachos or do you want to go out for dinner?” I ask.

“How long is dad gonna be?” T.J. asks looking at his chrono.

“I can get him out of here in 20 minutes,” I promise realizing that T.J. and Anna have to fly back to school. That they probably have studying to do tonight.

T.J. looks at Anna and she nods. “We can do dinner,” he says. “We’ll fly ahead and get a table, where should we meet?”

I let T.J. pick a place and have Ezra and Cammie follow me down the tunnel towards the locker room. Ty is in the middle of an interview. “How do you answer to Aliens that believe it’s demeaning to throw apple slices at your Gamorrean goal tender?” A reporter asks Ty as we pass. I slow down and tell the kids to wait. I want to hear this answer for myself.

“I don’t have to answer to anyone,” Ty says looking around. “Ezra,” he calls. “Go get Churb this reporter has a question for him.” Ezra runs towards the locker room and comes back moments later with the Gamorrean keeper.

The same reporter asks, “Churb, how do you feel about being rewarded with apple slices for stopping bolo balls.”

“That’s my favorite part of the game!” He growls eyes opening wide. “I hate when goals get scored, cause Churb gets hungry on the field. Churb will keep goal for apples, Churb doesn’t work for free.” He says.

Once Ty is done answering questions for the press, showered and in the speeder next to me I tell him how I feel. “I think it is demeaning to throw apple slices at Churb,” I say. “And to have him answer questions made it even worse,” I add. “He was a bumbling idiot who spoke in the 3rd person.”

“Isn’t there a stereotype that all Limmie players are dumb jocks?” Ty asks. “How’s it any different if a Gamorrean wanted to be rewarded with apples than if a human accepts a high five a pat on the ass.” He leans over and pats whatever little part of my butt isn’t sitting in the pilot’s seat.

Despite myself, I blush. I hear Cammie groan in the backseat as we pull out of the parking area and unto the main street towards the restaurant. We arrive to find T.J. and Anna sitting next to each other at a long table in the back.

Ty runs towards the table. He extends a hand towards Anna, “Ty Allin, Junior’s Dad. Please to meet you.” He says almost formally.

“Only dad calls me Junior,” T.J. says.

Anna reaches out her hand, “Anna.” She says.

Once we all take our seats Ty starts asking questions. “You from Ralltiir?”

“Yes.”

“What part?”

“Grallia.”

“You attend school with Junior?”

“Yes.”

“What’s your major?”

“Astronomy and Topography.”

“Anna’s going to program navigation into ships. Her father is a pilot, so she’s flown a lot.” T.J. fills in.

“Starkiller fan?”

“Of, course.”

“What was your favorite part of the game today?”

“Just being there and Breena Eastwick,” she adds.

“I like this girl,” Ty says proudly. A waitress comes by to get our drink orders. “You want an Eastwick jersey?” He asks Anna. “I can get you one.”

Anna shrugs.

“She wants one,” T.J. says.

“You coming to Coruscant next week?” Ty asks her.

She looks at T.J. “We can get you a ticket,” he says. “My uncle has a whole batch of ‘em.”

“Okay,” she says.

“She’s coming,” T.J. tells his father.

“Now,” Ty says. “I want to hear all about your big win this week,” he takes a long sip of his drink and smiles broadly at T.J.

“Well it wasn’t a big win, but we won and we are still clinging to that 16th spot in the rankings. I guess that’s all that matters.”

“Give yourself a little credit,” Ty says. “That assist! Where you took the hit afterward, sacrifice for the team, that’s how you win games,” he tells T.J.

“Got a bruise to show for it,” T.J. says showing his father a big blue circle on his shin.

“That’s what I’m talkin’ about.”

I’m glad when dinner comes and we all quiet down to eat. As soon as T.J. and Anna are done they split to get back to school. “Fly safe,” I call to T.J. as he and Anna walk towards the exit.

On the way home Ezra has a question, “Can you give me some credits?” He asks.

“For what?” I ask.

“I need a suit for homecoming.”

“You have 3 suits,” I remind him.

“Mom, this is important.”

“You have a date?” I ask.

“Sort of,” he says.

“You want a new suit and you only sort of have a date.”

“Well I do have a date, but you can’t meet him. He hasn’t told his parents he’s gay yet. So, a girl we know is going to pretend to be his date. Until we get to the dance,” he explains.

“I don’t know,” I say. “Is a guy who won’t even be honest with his own parents worth a new suit? Maybe a new tie,” I offer.

“Come on, it’s not like we don’t have the credits,” Ezra argues.

“We aren’t spending all our credits. Those funds are for my grandchildren, or perhaps a rough time we don’t know is coming.” I offer.

“He’s gonna have a new suit, I’m going to look stupid.”

“You won’t look stupid in a suit you just bought this summer for brother’s graduation,” I argue.

“Fine,” he grumbles. “I’ll pick out the tie tonight so we can order it now.” He says.

“See how well you handled that,” Ty says once Ezra and Cammie are out of the speeder.

“Handled what?”

“Ezra, you never have any trouble keeping the boys in line, but you give Cammie everything. Why is that?”

“I’m afraid of losing her.” I say evenly.

“I’d lose my whole team if I let them run over me the way you let Cammie run over you,” he says. “I’ve told her she needs to stop taking advantage of you. If it’s easier, I’ll punish her, but you tell me when she gives you grief.”

I never let anyone, not even Ty, do things for me. “No,” I relent. “If she gives me grief. I’ll deal with her.”

Ty smiles. “Come on beautiful, let’s go inside. Victory sex is so much better than sympathy sex,” he says grabbing my arm and pulling me up the stairs towards the bedroom.

“What?” I ask.

“You know what I mean, last week when we got home you buttered me up and made love to me, because you felt sorry for me about the loss. It’s nice, do it again if you have to, but I’d much rather have victory sex,” he says as he takes off his shirt and presses his bare chest against me.

Ty’s obviously been taking very clear notes about our day to day activities. So much so that he’s analyzing them. If he’s analyzing the Senators game play as well as he’s analyzing my game play we should come home with a victory next week.

Tags: @Jedi Gunny

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  2. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Bree Veers
    Arcadia Colosseum, O’pahz, Carratos

“Why did you do it?”

Bree looked up at the youngest Zeltron on the Miners, Leilu Grabbert.

“Do what?” Bree asked. After all, she’d done a lot of things.

“Go off like that with the press.”

Bree gave a friendly smile. “Oh. That.”

Ever since yesterday, the media cycle around the Miners had been focused like the Death Star’s laser beam on Bree and her comments to reporters after their Zhellday practice--and she’d made a lot of comments.

“If you ask me, including the Miners, every ELL team should look like the floor of the Galactic Senate. It should be as diverse as our universe is.”

“If you weren’t not paying attention, almost sounded like Addison Karr’s said that Humans are physically superior to other species, but I’m not sure that’s the case. I once got beat up by a Skrull and I’m not even sure that’s a real species.”

“If Cundertol was going to fire anyone after the Bastion game, it should have been me for blowing that last-minute play against Koobis.”

“If the Miners can get another sentient being, regardless of species, who can play better than me, then I should lose my job. That’s how jobs work, right?”

Though not inflammatory, the current conversation around representation in the ELL (not to mention the fact they were on much more diverse Carratos) had caused her remarks to become the media’s central focus leading up to today’s game.

“Some beings are saying pretty nasty things about you. I think one of them was ‘It’s a good thing the Miners aren’t playing on Nar Shaddaa this season or Veers would need some bodyguards,’” Grabbert said.

“Sounds about right,” Bree said casually.

“But why’d you bring down all that heat on yourself?” Grabbert pressed.

“The team always allows reporters in the locker room for interviews after the Zhellday practice. A winless team, especially one like the Miners, is a good story. I gave them a better one,” Bree explained.

“It was the correct course of action,” Minnerva volunteered unbidden from across the locker room. “Instead of grilling all of us, the reporters fixated on Veers.”

Bree raised her eyebrows in surprise. “I think I’ll write this date down in my diary. First compliment from a Chiss in my life.”

“Do not flatter yourself,” Minnerva said. “Your dramatics would not have been necessary if you had stopped Koobis last week. Failures are only tolerable when those who made them demonstrate they have learned from the experience.”

“So let’s go do some learning,” Bree said, walking out towards the field, giving Minnerva a slap on the back. “I mean, we don’t have a single Human in our offense now, so things have got to go great, right?”

The stacked deck apparently wasn’t just a bar on Carratos. It was also an accurate description of their offense, at least in Bree’s opinion.

They hadn’t played badly today, but the Miner defense hadn’t played well either. It had a lot to do with facing superstar Iris Copin, who was turning rookie Kryss Footprint inside and out. Two times out of three Footprint was twisted around by Iris. How long had she been in the league? Four years tops? And yet Copin deserved every bit of her reputation as one of the top players of the ELL.

Bree knew what she had to do. She hated to leave Tian, a solid Pirate, with less than full coverage, but she wasn’t about to let someone like Copin have acres of turf to herself. She’d figured out early in the game that she needed to play zone. Yeah, by doing so she was essentially covering neither Huo or Copin and leaving them both open, but it was preferable to Copin having the whole field to play with. She’d run her legs off to catch up to Huo if needed.

Now was just such a moment. Copin was past Footprint again. Had Bree been all the way back in coverage on Tian she’d be critical seconds, maybe as many as seven, away from Iris. Instead, she was in Copin’s business in a quick two. It made the pass that Copin made less-than-ideal, but it got where it was going--in this case slightly back to Gil Cray who had just a hand’s more reach than Stephana. It was enough though. He skipped a pass off the turf to Tian, who did a one-timer into the net.

Yeah, that was the kind of day it had been for the Miners. Not terrible, but far from enough.

Landing on Bakura

Bree’s datapad synced as she stepped off the shuttle wearing her aviator glasses. It was an uncommonly warm and sunny day on Bakura.

At least it was until she saw the BBC headline recapping their game on the datapad.

MINE(R) COLLAPSE

“So, think some more comments are going to take the heat off now?” Leilu asked.

“Hell no,” Bree said breezily. “Only one thing to do now.”

“Ask for a trade?” the rookie guessed.

“Not even close,” Bree said with a smile.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422

Runjedirun likes this.
  3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a sunny and warm Taungsday afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz over on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

26 minutes later...

"So yeah a disturbing trend as the Mercs lose to the hated Strugglers 28 to 13 and as we've been talking about the last half hour, still have not scored more than 13 in any game this season..."

"Four games in, shut out once, held to 13 twice and held to 11 in their other win..."

"And that's with getting the bonus roll every week!"

"...worst offense in the league." Justin sounded dejected.

"Yeah, and by a fair margin which also nets them the worst point differential in the league."

"We haven't mentioned much yet here, but the defense ain't doing so hot either."

"No, no their not, and unless the Mercs improve on both sides of the ball they are looking at some early draft choices this off season."

"ugh."

"We're late for a break, but when we come back we'll take your calls, let you chime in on what has so far been a dismal season for the Mercs. Tell us what you think they need to do to turn things around here. But first here's Justin with a word from one of our sponsors."

"Hey Mandalore, how many of you are in the market for a new vehicle? Something with class, speed, and cargo capacity for hauling those pesky acquisitions? If so look no farther than the MandalMotors line of Starhound and Raptor class vehicles. The StarHound VII is fast, agile and able to keep up with even the latest and greatest snub fighters. Equipped with class 1 hyperdrive and twin laser cannons standard the StarHound is easily customized for added weaponry and faster engines. Better still, the on board nav system is second to none so you'll always know where you are while the sleek styling ensures you'll always look cool being there."

There was a pause as Justin took a deep breath.

"But what if speed isn't your thing, or you need a bit of extra room? Look no further than the Raptor. Specially designed to serve the needs of today's bounty hunter the new Raptor comes with the same nav and hyperdrive system as the StarHound but in an entirely new package. More rugged with better armor and shields than others in it's class, the Raptor also comes standard with a single rotary blaster cannon and 24, yes 24!, additional hardpoints for added weaponry, fuel slugs, decoys and sensor arrays. The roomy cargo bay is able to seat six fully armed super commandos comfortably or store up to twelve acquisitions encased in carbonite. So whether you need a speed demon capable of outfighting any fighter on the market or a troop transport ready to take on any acquisition, MandalMotors has the right ship for you. So go visit your local MandalMotors dealer today! You won't be sorry.

TAG: @Vehn

jcgoble3, Trieste, Vehn and 1 other person like this.
  4. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"Expect some major movement at the top of the limmie rankings as both number one UBSD and number two KMI take tough losses..."

"Bears won't fall far, but that KMI loss was ugly..."

"Yeah big week, and an even bigger loss for KMI."

"Farther down the rankings, but also in the BAK10 Tiarest lost at Bakura Fleet 19-9..."

"Look for them to basically swap positions there in the rankings I think."

"You don't think Tiarest drops out after that loss?"

"No, they won't fall quite that far yet, which should give the Bak10 what, like four teams in the top 25?"

"Should be around that."

"That should make some folks on Bakura..."

"And out in California."

"...very happy."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

TAG: no one/everyone

HSN Top 25 after Week Five

1. University of Csilla
    2. UB Salis D'aar
    3. Norand University, Carratos
    4. Druckenwell Technical University
    5. University of Agamar
    6. Keldabe Military Institute (Mandalore)
    7. University of Onderon Rupings
    8. Orn Free Ta Central Academy, Ryloth
    9. Bilbringi University
    10. Chandrila A&M University
    11. Ryloth Ag and Tech University
    12. Coruscant Polytechnic Institute
    13. University of Zeltros
    14. UB Telaan Valley
    15. Nessem University
    16. Ralltiir University
    17. Celwis System University
    18. Derrling College of Technology
    19. University of Garos (Garos IV)
    20. Catlia Polytechnic University
    21. Bakura Fleet Acadamey
    22. University of Kashyyyk
    23. Ackbar Air Fleet College, Dac
    24. Tiarest University
    25. Verpine Technical Institute (Roche Asteroids)

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  5. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC Leigh Cavanugh
    Hana City, Chandrila

The sun rose on the peaceful city, glinting off the clean lines of the towering metal and glass buildings. She'd seen this skyline many times, facing off against the Pats. It always stood in stark contrast to her home. This city was planned, created molded by hands concerned with keeping the natural world part of the place. It was a jewel on the coast, shining like a beacon. A perfect city for a small population.

O'Pahz, her home, was a hodgepodge of towns and villages that slowly became one over generations. A city taken back from the wild forests that once dominated, with deadly creatures that dropped from above and took your head right off your shoulders. The buildings were old, new, somewhere in between, put wherever there was space for it, and sometimes where there wasn't. City planning was new concept there, extending roads that once deadended into the sides of buildings, adding lights to dark alleys to make them less of a draw to criminals.

Another thing that set these cities apart. It was news here if a pet went missing, alerts all across the city have you seen this...back home, missing pets were the least of your worries. It was getting better, but you still had to keep your head on a swivel. Maybe that's what made her so good a avoiding tackles, she learned to keep her head up.

She was here in this city for another book event, Chandrila was a limmie loving planet, with some pull over the Hall of Fame voting. It had been a late night, doing a reading, a signing, and going to dinner with Pats current and former. They traded jabs back and forth they were still riding high on their GC win last year and despite going 1-2 in their first three games. They have come back from worse, they can still make magic happen. Leigh just smiled sipping on wine, they didn't have rum, at least not any rum she would let touch her lips. Was it so hard to get Arcadia all the way out here?

Well, at least she gets a little bit of home this morning. She held a cup of caff, made in the in suite caff maker. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either. Looking over her shoulder she looked to her datapad a set of headphones next to it. She had an appointment, an interview. It had taken longer than she would have liked to set this up but her scechudle had been packed not even allowing for half an hour or less for an interview.

It was a small holocast, not really listened to outside of Carratos, except by ex-pats, but, Rho said she needed to keep her base engaged. And her base was on Carratos. Her datapad chimed the message coming in. She took a seat in front of it, pulling her headphones over her ears. She was getting comfortable wearing the things, her time in the broadcast booth getting her accustomed to them.

"AAAAAARRRRRRRRR" A warbling voice called out over the line. A familiar one to the Pirate faithful, Da'vy Jonzz, one half of the Pirate Bay holocast.

"And welcome to the Pirate Bay." the other half, Jac Sparr'o spoke up. "And we have a special guest today savvy."

"Yes none other than former Pirate captain and living legend winner of two Galactic Cups, a Salbukk award, and a Duchess Eldin Award…" Leigh rolled her eyes, they didn't need to give her resume, everyone listening knew it. "Leigh Cavanaugh."

"Hello," she said with a warm smile that could be easily heard over the connection. "How you Scallywags doing?"

"We're doing fine Captn'," Jac replied, "How have you been, haven't seen you around in a while."

"Been busy with retirement you know, sitting on the porch yelling at kids to get off my lawn, and bemoaning that the sport just isn't the same anymore."

"It wasn't that long ago you were playing." Jonzz replied.

"Three years is a long time, for limmie, team's already gone and got itself a Cup without me."

"Well, I mean, Iris is sort of you isn't she?" Jac piped up.

"She raided you style and left nothing behind." Jonzz agreed.

"I've heard that, but if what I did when I was a player works, it works. I'm honestly flattered she stole my style, it proves it's ageless, survived what four coaches, and it can still win Cups."

"The year after you left they go and win robbing you from going out on top."

"Ahhh, I wanted to go out on my terms, wanted to take another spin, just to see if I could make it. And I got to see first hand the skill and power of the new franchise player. I knew I was handing the torch off to a good player."

"Important to see the legacy passed on, that the ship is in good hands." Jonzz said.

"It was already in good hands Schnitt, and Logan are a good pair they've been a team for over a decade now so I think we're doing alright."

"Well looking at the schedule, the next game is against the Miners. Looking to get that Jar of Dirt back." Jac picked up ruffling some papers.

Leigh couldn't help herself, she laughed openly.

"The name on that one gets me everytime. The Jar of Dirt game. Who came up with that?"

"Yeah those people sound like jerks." Jonzz said scarsaem in his voice.

"What are the chances of winning against them this year?" Jac continued.

"I don't want to jinx us but, they haven't won a game so far and I would hate to be their first victory, and let them keep that damn jar."

"I thought you said it was silly?" Jonzz countered.

"Well it is still something to play for so, gives some motivation."

"I've always wanted to know," Jac said after a pause. "What's inside it."

"Guess." Leigh retorted with a smirk.

"Another game in the books for the Pirates taking back the Jar of Dirt after losing it last season." Leigh's co-presenter spoke. "It looked like their defense just really fell down out there, letting in eight unanswered points."

"Well, they weren't terrible," Leigh countered, "But, even a good defense can have mistakes and all it takes is one." She pulled up a replay of one of the goals that pushed the team towards victory. "Look here, the pass comes in from the midfield right to Iris." With a stylus, she circled the star half-forward. "With a hesitation move she clears out Footprint, that forces Veers to have to try and cover two players. Which smartly she had already stationed herself halfway between Tian and Iris's lane to the net. She makes a play on the ball heading towards Iris." A line showing the motion of the corner back rushing towards the froward. "That forces Iris to make a back pass to Cray, her lane to the net cut off." Another line to Cray. "WIth Veers pulled away from Tian she has the space to get open and there is just enough space for Cray to get a bounce pass through the defense and right to Tian waiting right at the corner of the goalie box." By the end of it the recording had more lines on it than a child's coloring book. "And all that from just one mistake. And they had taken steps to mitigate but, still it can put stress on the defense and cracks can appear. So just because a defense gave up some points doesn't make them bad, all it takes is one mistake."

TAG: @Trieste

Runjedirun, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus potential for Bakura, Carratos, Mando'ade, and Ralltiir.

295 Week 5 Results
    Mando’ade Mercs at Carratos Pirates (30-5)
    Bastion Imperial LC at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers (28-2)
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Coruscant Senators (24-29)
    Euceron Officers at Chandrila Patriots (4-23)
    Rydonni Prime Monarchs at Bakura Miners (29-23)

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 @Jedi Gunny @Runjedirun @Vehn

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    Vehn likes this.
  7. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for: Tatooine, Concordia and Atzerri (All teams 28)

Week 4 Results
    Atzerri Bandits @ Thyferra Force (26-25)
    Tatooine Sandskimmers @ Cantonica Golden Knights (7-20)
    Druckenwell Marksmen @ Concordia Crusaders (2-21)

Tags: @galactic-vagabond422 @Jedi Gunny @Vehn @Bardan_Jusik

8. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a sunny and warm Victory afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz over on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

27 minutes later...

"...just finally a game where the Mercs put it all together...

"K-man is going nuts over there Justin, we need to go on break..."

"...in a 30 to five win over the Pirates...."

"Like we really, really are over on time and need to go on...yeah I hate those guys, but we still need to go to break."

"...first time the Mercs have scored more than a baker's dozen all year..."

"And we can talk about all of that and more when we take your calls, right after this break." Randy commented with finality as Justin's microphone was cut off for a moment before coming back.

"Hey man, not cool..."

"Concordian Crescent Technologies..." Randy started for Justin who took a moment to regain his composure before going by his script.

"Concordian Crescent Technologies, makers of the famed WESTAR series of blaster rifles and pistols, WESTAR when you have to absolutely, positively kill every shabuir in the room, accept no substitute." Justin finally got to it. "Now CCT and WESTAR are presenting the WESTAR-87, the best, and maybe last, form of personnal defense a Mandalorian could ever need. The WESTAR-87 features reliable rapid fire burst modes for those times you need controllable volume of fire as well as accurate single shot semi-automatic fire for the times you want a little more precision from your blaster. As a last resort, WESTAR-87 blaster rifles naturally retain fully automatic fire for those times when superior firepower is your only option."

"Like the previous WESTAR series, the WESTAR-87 is fully sealed against environmental contaminants, sand, mud, water, making for the most reliable blaster on the market, in any environment, whether it be on land, sea, space or airborne. Yet the WESAR-87 breaks down easily with few moving parts for field stripping and cleaning. WESTAR-87 will also sync to your helmet mounted sight for an easy in those awkward firing positions where your sights might be occluded or otherwise unavailable. Want something a bit smaller than a full sized rifle? No problem, the WESTAR-87 also comes in a smaller, sleeker pistol sized form, which sacrifices some range, but none of the firepower of it's bigger brother. Better still, power packs between the pistol, rifle and yes an in between carbine variant, are all interchangeable, so you can pack the same ammo packs across all three platforms."

"Speaking of those ammo packs, the WESTAR-87 boasts the best power to volume ratio among weapons in their class, beating out even the latest from BlasTech by 13%. That's a a lot of firepower in a small package, and what Mandalorian doesn't want the more firepower?" Randy chuckled at the clearly rhetorical question from Justin. "Have an older model WESTAR? CCT will gladly take it back in trade, putting the value of of your trade in towards a new WESTAR-87, making this a deal that you really can't afford not to take. So whether you're a bounty hunter headed off to the rim, or concerned mando'ade defending your homestead or a member of the Protectors who is need of an upgrade, contact Concordian Crescent Technologies and ask about the WESTAR-87, you'll be glad you did."

"Concordian Crescent Technologies; Peace through superior firepower."

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422

jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  9. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012

IC Lucie Allin

It’s tense in our household the next morning. I was too drained from the ups and downs of the game to give Ty any attention after we arrived home late last night. Everyone is tired, unmotivated, just in general feeling the full dread of Monday. When I get to the office things are even more tense. It’s the first time in 4 weeks both franchises lost. Most worrisome is the two conference losses for the Starkillers. Our play-off hopes are fading fast.

What happens on the field is not under my control. I have to find a way to fill seats and make customers happy, so they want to come back, no matter how the team performs. Limmie isn’t just a sport, it’s high end entertainment. First up is a staff meeting with all of our hospitality team members. I can’t just remind them to keep a smile on their faces this Sunday.

Our franchise is so much more than mediocre. I start by thanking everyone for being a part of our organization and it’s not just a verbal thank you. I let them know all employees will be served a full hot breakfast the morning of the Euceron game. Staff who know they are appreciated are more likely to treat our customers with the level of service I’m hoping for. The level of service I am hoping for is high.

Next up, big name entertainment. Hopefully whatever name I book this week won’t outshine the players on field, but that’s not my problem. That’s Ty’s problem. He’s responsible for the main course. I’m responsible for the appetizers, side dishes and the dessert.

Knowing people in the entertainment business gives me a leg up. I book a soulful anthem singer who’s been touring for years around Ralltiir and the galaxy. I also find a half time act that’s sure to turn some heads. Give-aways have been set since before the season started. This week’s item is a blue and orange plaid scarf to help welcome in the cooler weather.

Tuesday morning I’m feeling a little better. The sting of even the worst losses eases with time. Besides, I’ve got all my acts booked. Now I just need to sit in on our in-house rehearsals and meetings. Cruise through the week. Until Sunday, at least that’s what I was hoping.

It starts out as a routine morning. While Ty showers I sit alone at the kitchen table sipping my caf. I open my social media page and the very first image I see is this:

[​IMG]

My brother wishes he looked so good. At first it doesn’t sink in, what I’m looking at. It’s just my brother’s face attached to someone else’s body. Someone else’s amazing body. Like as if Richard were a Limmie player and not the team owner.

Then the wheels in my brain start turning. Where did this holo come from? Why is it on my social media page? It’s being shared by everyone! Has he seen this yet? I quickly read the caption below. “Richard Vigo, like the Starkillers, bared all his vulnerabilities this weekend.”

Clearly someone was having a good time. You know what I’m thinking.

I want to say, “Ty would never publicly humiliate anyone on this level.” If this was Ty and I’m about 90% sure he altered the holo. Who else would do this? He probably only meant for a handful of people to see it. Suddenly I feel another presence in the kitchen. I look up to see Ezra, nervously looking at me.

“Did you see it?” He asks.

I nod and I’m already suspicious.

“Mom,” he says quietly. “I don’t know how it leaked,” he says quickly. “I holoshopped that picture of Uncle Richard. With some friends last night. No one was supposed to share it.” He insists.

“I’ve seen it,” I say so he doesn’t have to go into more detail. I can tell the episode has him completely rattled. As it should. He probably doesn’t even realize quite how serious this is yet. “Ezra, how many beings did you send that holo to?”

“Just a few friends, like 5, maybe.”

“And it never occurred to you it could leak?” Safety on the holonet is something I’ve been driving into my kids since they were 3 or 4. How could this happen?

“It was just for fun. No one was ever supposed to see it.”

“Except the 5 people you sent it to and whoever helped you make it,” I remind him.

His tall body slumps up against the counter. “What do we do?” He asks.

“Well we better call your uncle, before he blames your father.”

Ezra’s eyes open wide. “You think he’d blame dad?”

“Who else would do this?”

“Good point,” Ezra’s quiet a moment. “Maybe dad will take the blame,” he offers.

“That’s not how this works,” I tell him.

Geoff arrives and I barely say hello. I just tell him Ezra and I have something to take care of. I practically drag Ezra down to the basement for some privacy. We sit on the sofa as I dial my brother. “I suppose you saw the holo.” My brother says when he answers.

“Good morning, Richard,” I sigh. “About the holo.”

“I made the holo,” Ezra says leaning over to get his mug in the screen.

“Every media outlet on the planet is calling for comment on that holo.” Richard says exasperated. “Wait, you made the holo?” Richard says realizing who is on the sofa with me.

Ezra nods. I’m really surprised he’s confessed to this so early. Maybe he does realize the magnitude of his error. “I swear Lucie if this is one of Ty’s pranks,” Richard says furiously.

“I don’t even know if Ty’s seen it yet,” I say. “You can handle it any way you want with the media. I just want you to know it wasn’t Ty.”

“I’ll see you when you get to work,” Richard says, clearly annoyed. He ends the call. Ezra looks at me terrified.

“I’ll take this early confession into consideration when I punish you,” I promise him.

Ezra stands up. He’s at least 6ft tall. It’s remarkable how old he looks. “I didn’t mean for this to happen,” he says again.

Ty is in the kitchen when we get upstairs. The holo of Richard on his data pad. “This is good,” he says. “Only wish I was responsible.”

“You were,” I tell him.

He looks at me questioningly.

“Indirectly, I say. “Your son made that holo.”

Ty crosses his arms on the able and buries his head, in an effort, to hide his fit of laughter. He peaks up at Ezra.

Cammie comes running down the stairs, “Who’s responsible for this holo of Uncle Sexy?” She asks. “All my friends are talking about it.”

I hear Ty’s foot stomping under the table. Geoff walks behind Ty to, take a look, at the holo for himself. He also cracks a smile and shakes his head.

“Never you mind,” I tell Cammie. “Eat your breakfast.”

“Everyone here knows but me,” Cammie pouts as she opens the cooler and grabs a container of milk.

Ezra looks my way and I shake my head. I don’t want him to tell her. I’m not sure how we are going to explain this away, but if we can keep his name out of it, I will find a way.

“Cambrielle, when we know the details, we will share them with you.” I say handing her a glass for her milk.

She isn’t satisfied, but she doesn’t argue. She and Ezra wolf down their breakfasts and head to school with Geoff. Ty and I hop in our own speeder to head to the stadium.

A dozen reporters stand outside of the back entrance to the stadium where we usually enter and exit. A few security guards appear as I park our speeder. They back the reporters away so we can enter. My brother is pacing in the hallway by his office. He dressed in jeans and a baseball cap. Not his normal attire. He, definitely tried, to go unrecognized.

I don’t realize Ty’s followed me, I just assumed he went to the locker room or directly to the field. Suddenly he says, “Just tell them I did it.”

“Tell them you did what?” I say.

“I made the holo of Richard,” he says with a shrug. “It was just meant to be passed around among the players as a diversion from our loss. I accidently shared it with the entire staff, and it leaked?” He asks more than suggests.

“Believable,” Richard says. “Why don’t I fire you?”

“You’ve never fired me before,” Ty says confidently.

“Why do you want to take the blame?” I ask curiously.

“I don’t want Ezra to have to deal with his name being smeared publicly,” Ty says. “Everything that can be done to my name has been done. He’s 15.”

He looks at me, “Thank you.” I say. Even if Ezra needs to learn from this, I don’t see any harm from us protecting him.

Ty looks at Richard. “If that’s what you want. I’ll write up a statement,” my brother shrugs. He puts his head up and walks confidently towards his office.

About an hour later I turn up the volume on my data pad to hear the statement to the press. My brother in his jeans and cap looks up at the cameras, “As you probably figured out our head coach had a little fun with holoshop. I’m told this effort was made in order to distract our players from their frustrations of our second conference loss. If getting a laugh at my expense gains us some wins, I’m happy to oblige.”

Tag: none really, but good win @Jedi Gunny

jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• After worst Miners’ start of the Modern Era (0-5), Quinn Cundertol has reportedly been summoned to what is being called “an emergency meeting” at Marian Square with owner Ayn Trieste and team Chairman Declan Trieste.
    • Sources inside Miners organization say that season ticket waiting list, which once numbered in the tens of thousands, is now down to hundreds.
      • With currently projected non-renewals, team expects to have “significant” numbers of general sale tickets in 296.
    • HSN analyst: “The Miners, with a smaller stadium, are reliant on their season ticket sales. This could significantly hobble them in their salary pool next year.”

11. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Addison Vehn
    Nar Shaddaa Memorial Hospital
    Room 23B

Addison gently snuggled her son up against her chest and gave him a kiss on the forehead. The newborn opened his eyes slightly before settling in for another nap. That was just fine with Addison. She was exhausted from a marathon labor session.

She'd been at the Game of Rivals when her water broke. Refusing to have her son born on a foreign planet, and a bitter rival at that and despite state of the art medical centers, Addison quickly boarded her shuttle for the long ride home. What a long ride it was as she experienced every labor pain imagineable only to finally make it to Nar Shaddaa Memorial with the bitter news that her son would have to be born via c-section.

Addison, disappointed because she'd wanted to her son naturally, grudgingly accepted the medical advice of her droid and succumbed to the surgery. At precisely 1340 standard time her son was born. When she was pushed out of the delivery room into her regular hospital room where she'd stay for the next three days under supervision she thought she could finally relax. She was wrong. The entire family had arrived.

She was mobbed. Vehn and Karr, rich and richer, it mattered not they were all there waiting for the newest addition to both powerful families. Both sides claimed that their heir looked like them. It was ridiculous because newborns never looked anything like what they'd appear as adults. It was an exercise in familiar power and territory. A dance, so to speak, betwen two political families with a lot to gain, and so much more to lose, by their union.

"He's incredible," Austin said as he leaned over and kissed his wife on forehead, "and I am so very much in love with you. You were amazing and I wouldn't choose anyone but yourself to be with me."
    Addison smiled and replied, "At least the Smuggler stomped the Mercs."
    "Yeah well they dropped a game against Bastion Imperial LC," Austin grumbled, "a very winnable game."
    "The team is still finding its way," Addison replied, "and so far we're doing better than I expected."

"Just don't lull yourself into a false sense of security," Austin replied with a smile.
    "I won't," Addison said as she snuggled her son.

"Have you thought of a name?" Austin asked.

"Me? On my own?" Addison questioned.

"It's our tradition in the Vehn family for the mother to pick the name. It may seem outdated or old fashioned but that is what we have always done," Austin pointed out.

"I see," Addison replied, "well then I think I'll name him..... and I can't wait to present him to the Triestes at the annual Black and Blue Battle."

Tag: @Trieste

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    Trieste, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    OOC: I wrote the first two sections of this post and chose the song before I knew the game result. It just worked out well. :D

Salis D’aar, Bakura
    Zhellday

“We are gonna get drunk,” Bree proclaimed, putting two bottles down on the table to accompany the glasses she’d deposited earlier.

“This is not a responsible solution,” Minnerva said crossly. Why she’d even bothered to show up was beyond Bree, but she’d invited the entire team so the Chiss was still welcome. It just didn’t seem like her scene. “We should be getting more serious rather than impairing our performance.”

“It’s not like we’re going to still be drunk by the time the game rolls around,” Bree pointed out. When she’d been in college at UCCB, the Bandits had not been a good limmie team. As a result, they drank a lot after losses...and sometimes before games where they figured they were going to lose. (They also drank after they won and sometimes before they won. That’s college for you.) Bree thought loosening up might help the team. At this point, they couldn’t do much worse.

“I will be,” Marnie Blake stated as she took one of the bottles, apparently not interested in sharing its contents. The goalkeeper was taking cratering from MVP nominee to second-worst goals allowed average a little hard. Bree wasn’t going to begrudge her the bottle of whiskey.

“Me too! Me too!” Harle said as she pranced over.

“What is that?” Daniella Bell asked, her already large eyes wide at the concoction Harley had brought back from the bar.

“It’s a creation of my imagination!” Quinn declared happily.

“But what’s in it?” Bell pressed.

“I haven’t the slightest idea!” Harle exclaimed. “I just grabbed bottles and started pouring! Also, tiny umbrellas. You have to have the umbrellas.”

Stephana reached across the table and took one of the flimsi umbrellas. “I think given the shots that have rained down on us, the defense need them more than you.”

“Joke’s on you. I brought more!” Harle said, pulling somewhere in the region of a dozen umbrellas out of a pocket and adding them all to her drink with a degree of precision not warranted by the frippery. It was now impossible to actually get at the alcohol in the glass for all the umbrellas.

“Shots?” Bree suggested, getting the evening back on track.

“Shots!” Bast agreed loudly, pouring them out for everyone.

K'oyacyi,” Marnie proposed.

Santé,” Bree agreed.

Sláinte!” Harle exclaimed lifting her ridiculous drink.

Salâmati,” Bast added.

E mari ana,” Daniella threw in.

Gānbēi,” Mela Wells said.

Ypa,” Leilu Grabbert said.

Kanpai,” Minnerva added in utter boredom.

“And cheers to that, frakkers,” Stephana added as they clinked glasses, spilled most of the contents, drank, refilled, toasted again, and drank again.

“Now let’s dance,” Bree said.

“YAY!” Harle exclaimed, grabbing her fellow Zeltron and rushing onto the dance floor to join the other bright young things.

“You really think this is gonna help?” Stephana asked Bree confidentially as the others headed to temporarily forget the team’s travails through dance.

“Probably not, but with the season basically lost, all of us probably getting fired or traded when the team gets cleaned out at the end of the season, and winding up in the Premier League or ABC next season, might as well enjoy this while we can,” Bree admitted.

“Look what I found!” Marnie declared coming over to the table.

“Oh no,” Bree said.

“Renan Irongut!” the goalkeeper said excitedly.

“What’s that?” Stephana asked.

“It’s something that means this night is going to get very bad,” Bree said.

“And then it’s going to get really good,” Marnie promised.

Bakura Gardens
    Primeday

The next morning the ladies of the Bakura Miners strode towards the locker room. Every one of them was wearing sunglasses. They looked like the epitome of cool.

“Go get ‘em,” a passing stadium worker said.

Two-thirds of the team flinched away from the being. “Shhhhhhhh! No shouting!” Harle whispered.

Yeah, they were definitely hung over and had about three hours to dry out before they hit the field against the Monarchs.

Bree collapsed into her locker stall. The offense had gotten going, but it was another bad day for the defense. The Monarchs were about as good as they could be without being perfect on the day. Bree hadn’t had any kind of a jump on them at all. It was like they were from a different universe...an extended universe, maybe.

She’d dunked her head in bacta with the rest of the ladies after arriving at the locker room before the game. It was a patented UCCB Bandit hangover cure and sure enough she’d been ready to go after just ten minutes, much to the surprise of Dr. May Trieste, team physician.

“Maybe don’t drink the night before a game next time?” the good doctor suggested with a hint of criticism.

“You’d drink too if you were 0-4,” Stephana Adiims asked as she downed a couple raw eggs in a glass. She was bacta-resistant and had to go with other methods of addressing her headache. Then again, Stephana had played better than Bree today so maybe she’d been onto something with those Endorian chicken eggs.

“So what now?” Leilu asked in the present, deflated. Even though she hadn’t been here for the last two seasons, you could feel the weight of turning in a losing record for the third straight season in the locker room.

“We drink more,” Bast said, slumped on the bench.

“No,” Bree told the rookie, ignoring Bast, “that’s called alcoholism. We’re not going to do that.”

“Well, what are we going to do?” Mela sighed.

“Don’t worry. I’ll come up with something,” Bree promised.

Centaxday

The next morning Bree threw the doors of the locker room open. “I know what we’re going to do,” she declared confidently.

Everyone turned and looked at Bree. It wasn’t a “great, tell us your idea” look. Those were “somebody just died” looks.

Or, given their professional, more accurately, “somebody just got fired looks.”

Bree hadn’t gotten any notifications on her datapad, so it wasn’t public yet. They probably wanted to tell the team first. That meant it was someone big. Probably someone like Draper or Cundertol.

Standing in the middle of the room, biting her lip was Kira, Quinn Cundertol’s assistant. She was clutching a flimsi and looking at Bree too.

“What’s up?” Bree asked.

Kira pushed her glasses up her nose. “I’m supposed to...give this to you,” Kira said haltingly, holding out the flimsi to Bree.

Bree took it. Somewhere in the back of her brain warning sirens were going off like someone was about to tackle her from behind.
    The flimsi read:

Bree Veers,

Effective immediately, you are transferred to the Cloud City Sky Captains of the Premier League, subject to recall.

Quinn Cundertol

“Well frak me,” Bree said without malice, pleasure, laughter, or anything other than disbelief.
    HSN Headlines
    • Miners sign K'Wai Leonis (Human, Male, Back, UB Salis D'aar) to entry-level, one year contract
    • Bree Veers (Human, Female, Half Back) transferred to Cloud City Sky Captains
      • Miners retain right of recall to Veers
      • Veers’ salary will be paid by Sky Captains on a per-game basis
      • HSN analysts project the Miners will have net savings in salary while Veers is with Cloud City

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  13. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Leigh Cavanagh
    Broadcast Booth

"Another hard hit on Copin," Iris was laid out again, it was only ten minutes and already Leigh could see the pain on the younger woman's face. Iris got up again, only to be blindsided again just as her fingers touched the ball. A hard crushing hit that sent her crashing to the turf again, sliding on her shoulder. She rolled over onto her front pushing off the ground. Leigh's heart was tearing itself in two. She loved that girl, it felt like everytime Iris took a hit she took it too.

She'd been in games like this, taken hits just as hard, but it was different now. Iris was something important, a friend, the standard bearer for the Pirates. Deep down she couldn't be objective, couldn't remove herself from this scene.

Iris got up again, taking another hit to the chest, again she was sent to the dirt. Again she got up, she just kept getting up, if only to take another hit. Leigh shook her head tears starting to form in her eyes. She couldn't take this, couldn't take the slaughter that was taking place before her, the hit job it felt like against Iris.

"Just stay down girl." Leigh whispered quietly, her heart couldn't take it, couldn't stand to see her struggle back up to her feet, to stagger a little wincing in pain as she set her feet. This was a beating, she was being thrown into malstrom and getting battered around. The coach should have pulled her, but she wouldn't let him, or he didn't have any other choice.

Iris got up again, a large welt forming under her eye. It wasn't the only bruise she had no doubt, it was only surprising thing was that she hadn't been injured yet, seriously injured. Again, and again, and again, Iris gets thrown to the ground, again and again and again, Leigh has to sit there and watch as her friend got smacked around gaining bruise after bruise and taking longer and longer to get to her feet.

By the end of it Leigh held her hand to her mouth to stifle her sobs, to hide her tears. Before the broadcast was thrown over to her and her co-presenter, she pulled the head set off and rushed out of the booth.

"Excuse me."

She found a bathroom and locked the door behind her pressing her back against the cold wall as she slid to the floor. Her head was in her hands shaking her head.

She took a breath the wave cast still playing in the background, they were just finishing up with the advertisement. Soon it would be time for the call in. Her heart was pounding she had somethings to say, but she needed to keep under control wouldn't do for her to go off on a widely listened to broadcast. She took another breath brining the comlink close to her lips. A voice on the other end asked for her name and location. She wasn't going to hide or ambush them.

"Leigh Cavanaugh, O'Pahz Carratos..."

"OK, thanks for that Morn, always glad to hear from a friend of the show."

"Yeah he can talk a lot."

"Always has something good to say though..."

"Which is why he's a friend of the show!"

The pair laughed before randy got to the next caller.

"OK. Let's see next up we have...oh boy, is this right?"

"Sounded like her."

"Seriously, not a prank or a pseudonym?"

"Nope, it's her. I asked galactic-vagabond and he says it's her."

"OK, well welcome on into the Pitt, Ms. Leigh Cavanugh calling from way out on Carratos"

"Wow, cool."

"Yeah cool," she started trying to keep her tone civil. "Cool like the blatant Targeting on Iris."

"Blatant targeting?" Randy replied sounding confused for a moment

"Oh this is going to be one of those..." Listeners could practically hear Justin's eye roll over the wave. Still Randy didn't cut the call off and instead replied. "I didn't see one targeting..." he paused as he went over the box score. "OK there was one, one, targeting penalty assessed, and it wasn't even involving Iris, so what are you talking about?"

"What I'm talking about is the fact that every play your corner back crashed into her like he wanted to take her head off, already in motion before she got a hand on the ball, shoulders lowered more than three steps out. She was in their sights before she was a clear target. If that isn't targeting I don't know what is. And what was with that tackle from behind, she was clearly in the goal box."

"Well that's just good limmie!" the defensively minded Jusitn cried out in reply. though Randy seemed to disagree somewhat.

"OK, yeah I see where you're coming from, but the refs were letting the Pirates..."

"Who you really hate," Liz interjected.

"...defensive backs get away with the same thing..."

"Especially on that hit on Owens in the first half. He was laid out! I thought Kor'le was going to have to pull him from the game but the refs said play on."

"Yeah, Kor'le was steaming after that non call."

"Speaking of non call, that tackle in the goalbox?

"Yeah, refs missed that one, but it was late in the game already. Wouldn't have made a difference."

"Late in the game...wouldn't have made a difference it could have made all the difference there was still time on the clock, that could have been the spark of something." She was embellishing a little, the game was in hand at that point, even if the Pirates took over they weren't coming back from that. "That hit was in the open field Owen didn't keep his head up." Though the Mighty Mo did try to take his head off. "At least ref ball cut both ways this time."

"Hey listen, we both played the game," Justin began before Randy interjected.

"Her a lot better than you."

"We both know...yeah you a lot better than me." Justin laughed in spite of himself. "We both know, refs miss calls, they're human..."

"Or near human."

"Or totally alien."

"...they make. Yeah yeah. Point is, they're not droids, they make mistakes."

"Even if they were droids they would make mistakes. I ever tell you about the time I was on a flight to Naboo for vacation and an astro-mech made a miscalculation and spat us out of hyperspace near Tatooine of all the manda forsaken places!"

"Yes!" the whole Pitt crew shouted out in unison.

"Look I get it they can make mistakes but, call after call, were they blind out there?" Right now she was just venting a little, she'd had her issues with the refs in the past so many games that could have swung the other way. "If it was the other way around and it was your Mercs getting blown out?"

"Well...sure, and we've gotten on the refs just as bad when it's hurt the Mercs..."

"Can't put this one all on the refs though..."

"No, but let's face it, sometimes the refs stink..."

"Sure, sure."

"...I mean, I know it's a tough job and you have probably billions of eyes on you as you make these split second judgement calls, but I mean c'mon, at the end of the day it is their job."

"And just like with players, some are better at it than others."

"Whatareyagettinat?" Randy smushed his question all into one word.

"Hey, I know it's a tough job, and one we really don't even take note of until they screw up, but as a player, and please Leigh feel free to chime in on this too, but as a player, when I saw certain refs on the scorecard, scheduled to call certain games, I knew we were in trouble."

"Trouble?"

"Look. You know after a while which refs will let you play, which will let you get away with a little extra contact, which ones won't, and frankly, which ones are going to blow a call no matter which way it should go."

"And was this one of those matchups?"

"Yeah, I always knew when a rough game was coming down the lane when I saw who was officiating." Leigh leaned back looking at the ceiling. "I won't name them since I think they're still working, but there was one ref, watched me like a hawk, but on the other end was nowhere to been seen. Knew I had to be on my best behavior, then there was another that would swallow their whistle in the last ten minutes. You can tell which games are going to be rough, just by the beings in the stripes. Well at least it isn't like that time we has scab refs...now those were some blown calls."

"Well, see? There is something I think all fans across limmie can finally agree on no matter which team you root for. The refs stink!"

"Damn Refs"

"Glad we could finally see eye to eye Leigh, make sure you call back sometime we've always got time for you."

"See, now that was a fun combo post."

"Now on to our next caller..." Randy paused as someone spoke into his earpiece. "Oh wait, we have to go to break? OK, well then thanks again Leigh, we'll be back to take another call right after a word from our sponsors."

"Watching limmie together with your girl is great, but what's even better is hanging out with her after the game. The problem is over half of males over 50 have some degree of..."

She turned off the wavecast, that ad was definitely not for her. Letting out a breath she felt a little better. Those hits they hit her hard, hits that looked hard to get up from, hits that sent Iris sprawling. They ate at her, made her riled up and needed a way to vent.

This was good, she might take them up on their offer of calling in again.

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik (Who collaborated with me on this post and gave the opening bit for the advertisement.)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    ooc: Have to be out early tomorrow for my son's baseball tournament, so college limmie scores rankings get posted early!

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"Getting nearer the college limmie playoff and another week closer to seeing who the top 16 will end up being..."

"Love this time of year, love it!"

"...as the teams outside the playoff rankings do everything they can to crash the party while those holding on to a playoff spot do everything they can to keep it."

"That's why I love it!"

"This past week, it was those already in playoff position that seemed to hold their ground as no team in the top ten took a loss, though it was a near thing for KMI against the Dawntreaders..."

"That would have been a heckuvan upset."

"Outside the top ten, number 11 Ryloth Ag and Tech University was the top team to go down in defeat..."

"Look for them to lose ground, but I think still be in the hunt."

"While even farther down UBTV also lost..."

"They were ranked 14th, I think they are in danger of falling outside the the top 16."

"While at the very bottom of the top 25 both Tiarest and Verpine Tech lost and could fall out of the Top 25 entirely."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

HSN Top 25 after Week Six

1. University of Csilla
    2. UB Salis D'aar
    4. Druckenwell Technical University
    5. University of Agamar
    6. Keldabe Military Institute (Mandalore)
    7. University of Onderon Rupings
    9. Bilbringi University
    11. Coruscant Polytechnic Institute
    12. University of Zeltros
    13. Ryloth Ag and Tech University
    14. Nessem University
    15. Ralltiir University
    16. UB Telaan Valley
    17. Catlia Polytechnic University
    18. Celwis System University
    19. Derrling College of Technology
    20. University of Kashyyyk
    21. Ackbar Air Fleet College
    22. Cinnagar Imperial College
    23. University of Garos (Garos IV)
    24. University of the Northern Industrial District
    25. Bakura Fleet Acadamey

Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus potential for Bakura, Carratos, Mando'ade, Nar Shaddaa, and Ralltiir.

Week 6 Results
    Rydonni Prime Monarchs at Chandrila Patriots (7-1)
    Euceron Officers at Ralltiir Starkillers (19-12)
    Carratos Pirates at Bastion Imperial LC (5-28)
    Coruscant Senators at Mando’ade Mercs (17-39)
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Bakura Miners (19-6)

Vehn likes this.
  16. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for: Druckenwell, Tatooine, Concordia and Atzerri (All teams 28)

Week 5 Results
    Concordia Crusaders @ Atzerri Bandits (6-25)
    Thyferra Force @ Tatooine Sandskimmers (25-16)
    Cantonica Golden Knights @ Druckenwell Marksmen (0-9)

Tags: @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 @Jedi Gunny @Vehn

17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Cloud City, Bespin

Bree stepped off the shuttle, duffel bag slung over her shoulder with one hand. She’d traveled light--mainly because the season was more than half over. She could rough it with a few essentials. Worst came to worst on the laundry front she’d get the Sky Captains to lend her some team apparel to wear around her quarters. She’d still be drawing her ELL salary, so if she wanted to get dressed up to hit the casinos and clubs of Cloud City she could afford to pick up some new threads while she was here.

She peered through the crowd of disembarking passengers heading from the landing pad into one of the towers of the city. She’d been told she was going to be met by someone from the team who’d get her settled. The Sky Captains had arranged a hotel room for her at the Holiday Towers, which was a sponsor of the team and stadium. Had she been outright traded to the Sky Captains, she would have used the accommodations as a bridge until she found an apartment, but she didn’t know how long she’d be here. Hotel life it was then. There were worse things than being put up at a hotel where someone would deliver new towels whenever you wanted them.

Someone waved in Bree’s direction. She had the build of an athlete and was just a bit taller than Bree. A memory clicked into place: it was Natylee Coglin, the Miners’ first round draft pick in this year’s draft, sent down for seasoning with the Sky Captains at the start of the season. Rather than bring her up prior to Week 4, the Miners had instead elected to sign another rookie, Daniella Bell. That wasn’t a good look for Coglin--it was almost surely a sign that she hadn’t developed the way that the Miners had expected.

Then again, Bree wasn’t about to cast stones seeing as what jersey she was going to wear this Primeday.

“Hi!” Coglin said. “I’m Natylee.”

“Yeah, saw you at the Draft,” Bree said shaking her hand. She squinted. “OK, this is weird.”

“What?”

“If I didn’t know you were from Bakura, I’d say we looked close enough to be cousins,” Bree said.

“I knew there was a reason I liked you,” Natylee said with a smile.

“You and my parents are probably the only beings in the galaxy who do right now,” Bree said as they headed inside.

“You’re going to find things are a little different around here,” Natylee said.

“New girl!” someone called with a wave as Natylee and Bree stepped into the locker room for the Sky Captains’ practice facility. She was a tall, lanky Human. Bree remembered that this was El Baggano III, the Miners’ third-round draft pick from this year who had also been sent down.

“You must be El,” Bree said, extending her hand.

“Oh, nobody calls me that. Call me Flea,” Baggano said as she pumped Bree’s hand. As the midfielder did so, Bree thought something shifted in Baggano’s eyes for a second or two, but she couldn’t be sure. It was gone now, if it had ever been there. “Smashing, glad to have you, new girl.”

“Name’s Bree.”

“Nah, you’re new girl now. She was new girl, but now she’s Natylee,” Flea said, pointing at the forward.

“Only because you got off the shuttle first,” Coglin said.

“I was new girl for two seconds and then you became new girl. Pretty simple.”

“So where’s new girl’s locker?” Bree asked, deciding to go with it.

“That one over there.” Flea pointed.

Bree walked over and opened it up...and found a bottle of Carratosian rum with a bow on it. She took it out and turned to her teammates. “Ha ha,” Bree said without humor.

“Just wanted you to feel at home,” Flea said with a smile. “And we don’t judge. A nip before a game never hurt anyone.” Her eyes shifted again, but then it was gone.

“Is it true that’s why they sent you down? You got the team drunk before the game?” Natylee asked.

“The Smug Dragon was not forthcoming with his reasons for my assignment, but I would like to point out we were not drunk at the start of the game,” Bree said.

“Sure you weren’t,” Flea said in a friendly, non-sarcastic tone that made it hard to tell if she believed Bree or not.

The new Sky Captain decided to change the subject and get down to business. “Out of curiosity, what’s the stadium like? Anything to know about? Cannons that go off when we score? Cheerleaders on the sidelines? Fan chants?”

Bree thought that Flea’s eyes might have had that funny shift again, but it disappeared--if it was ever there. “Fans?” Flea echoed. She looked at Natylee. “You didn’t tell her?” The forward shook her head. “We don’t have fans.”

“What do you mean?” Bree asked in confusion. The Sky Captains were 3-3 (the Premier League had started their season earlier the ELL to accommodate their 16 team playoff) and in the playoff conversation. It wasn’t like the Miners where fans were fleeing a ship going down.

“Cloud City is a vacation destination. The tibanna mining is much less important these days than the hospitality and gaming industries,” Natylee explained. “Most beings here are working when our games take place.”

“The team isn’t playing to an empty stadium, is it?” They’d go bankrupt if that were the case.

“Force no,” Flea said. “We sell out every game.”

“Then who shows up?” Bree pressed.

Holiday Hotel Towers and Casino Stadium, Cloud City, Bespin
    Gameday

Bree looked from her red and white uniform to the stands, which were almost entirely filled with the teal and yellow jerseys of the Kuat Triforce.

“All right, flyboys and sky girls, it’s time for Sky Captain limmie!” the announcer’s voice boomed brightly as kick off was imminent. The cheer was emphatically not for the home team, but apparently the stadium still went through the pretense that this game was for Cloud City fans.

Before she got set, Baggano turned around. “Remember: rule number one, new girl!” she shouted at Bree over the noise of the Triforce fans.

“Rule number one, right,” Bree muttered. It was both crazy and completely logical. But if this was the team she was on then that was the way she was going to play.

The game began and the Triforce had the boloball at midfield. They punted it up to the half forward like. It looked like Bree was going to put rule one into practice right away. She sprinted across the field and took a running leap in front of the Triforce player. It was risky--if she didn’t time it correctly and make the interception she would leave her opponent totally uncovered and in the open.

But that was rule one for you.

Earlier that week

“What you have to understand,” Flea explained, continuing their opening conversation in the locker room, “is that we’re not playing limmie here.”

“I’m pretty sure we are,” Bree countered.

“We are, but that’s not what we’re doing,” Natylee explained. “Every team in the Premier League wants a road game against the Sky Captains because their fans love taking vacations to Cloud City. Because of the workforce dynamic, not many local fans who can make the games.”

“In fact, we get more Sky Captains fans at road games,” Flea said brightly. “Got a decent road record too.”

“The ownership knows this. We’re basically just a tourism prop for Cloud City,” Natylee continued.

“Which brings us to rule one: be entertaining,” Flea commanded.

“Well, sports are entertainment,” Bree pointed out, “so that shouldn’t be hard.”

“No, be really entertaining. It doesn’t matter if we’re any good. It just matters if it’s fun to watch. Do stupid Sithspit, the kind of backyard limmie tricks that look cool and made all your friends think you were awesome,” Flea said. “I mean, I’m certainly not taking this seriously. Sometimes it even works and we win.”

“And Quinn Cundertol is OK with his draft picks being ‘developed’ like this?” Bree asked incredulously.

“Have you seen the Miners lately?” Flea asked. “They could learn a thing or two from us.”

Bree had to admit Baggano had a point. “OK, then let’s give them a show.”

What happened next could only be described by the play-by-play caller for the second-tier, neutral broadcaster sports network that got to cover Premier League games.

“Veers flies way up the field and gets in front of Markos. She’s intercepted the opening pass of the game--and she’s on the move! Don’t think the Triforce saw this coming from last year’s ELL rookie of the year. She’s through midfield--and she slips a Triforce forward. She’s beaten the half back line! Oh! What a block from Coglin! And Veers scores! Back of the net! I’ve never seen a goal like that! She flipped over, used the ball to contact the ground and when she came back on her feet she whipped it over her head so fast the Triforce goalie barely even reacted! I don’t know if that’s even a legal play, but I love it! Sky Captains up 3-0 and we’ve only played a minute! I don’t care who you are, you’ve got to love a gutsy call like that! A statement play by the newest Sky Captain! Marvelous!”

Premier League Week 7 Results
    Kuat Triforce at Cloud City Sky Captains (15-31)

OOC: Yes, this score and the Sky Captains’ number of wins this season were randomly generated.

The team was jubilant as they came back to the locker room, slapping each other on the back. It was one of the Captains’ best games of the season. They’d done bonkers plays that looked awesome, gotten burned when they hadn’t worked out, but more often than not crazy stuff like a defender rushing up the field to score put points on the board and that was why they’d walked away with a big win and were now on the right side of .500.

“Now that was fun,” Bree said.

“Yeah, and did you catch on the ticker board? Smugglers 19, Miners 6,” Baggano said. “Rather be down here than up there.”

“This might not have been the Old Whiskey game, but I think we it’s we just played the New Rum game,” Veers declared, pulling her welcome gift out of her locker.

“I’m sure we’ve got glasses around here,” Coglin said.

“Who needs glasses?” Flea said, twisting the cap off and taking the first drink. “Cheers, fly girls.”

Veers took the bottle back and toasted. “To the Miners. Burn baby burn.”

18. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Lucie Allin

Ty and the team leave for Bastion in a few short hours. I’d like to be at home right now. Doesn’t matter what Ty and I would be doing together. We could share a meal, watch a holo, vent our frustrations about not meeting Ezra’s homecoming date last week, listen to the pregame analysis for T.J.’s game that will be played while Ty’s on the shuttle or just go for a walk around the neighborhood. I’m not doing any of those things. I’m flying East, the housing units are getting smaller and the sidewalks are getting dirtier. “Mom, I don’t like this block,” Cammie hollers from the back seat.

“It didn’t bother you when you were younger,” I remind her. She used to love coming here. She used to enjoy volunteer work.

“Mom what’s that guy doing?” She cries out.

I look to the left and see a guy urinating onto the side of building. It’s so sad, I think. “He’s using the fresher,” I explain.

“Outside?” Suddenly it hits me. Every time we flew to the shelter to serve meals Cammie’s face was in her data pad. She’s never even witnessed what this side of town looks like. Our parenting plan to turn off the screens has really opened not just Cammie’s eyes, but my own. How could we have brought the kids down here and not taught them what we are really impacting.

“Cammie, most of the beings you feed today don’t have homes. They have nowhere to shower, sleep, or even pee.”

“Well, I guess I knew that.” There’s a bit of a silence. I see a family on a street corner with their suitcases and a dismantled tent. “Why doesn’t Ezra have to come?” Cammie asks.

“He is coming. He’s at practice and Geoff will bring him as soon it ends." Finally, we turn into the parking garage next to the shelter. We exit the speeder and stroll into the large multipurpose room that’s been set up with large tables and folding chairs. There’s already a long line outside. Ty and the entire Starkillers team is busy setting up the serving line. It’s not a holiday, just a Saturday. No other organization had signed up to serve food today. Ty made it a priority. “You know,” I whisper to Cammie. “Your father used to depend on places like this for food when he was growing up.”

“Dad was homeless!” She says too loudly.

“No, as far as I know your father always had a roof over his head, but they rarely had credits for groceries.”

Cammie and I find jobs. I’m making sure the water jugs are full and Cammie is handing out trays to people as they come in the door. Neither of us mind so much that we didn’t get to sleep in or that we aren’t lounging around at home. Some of the beings that walk in smell like they haven’t showered in weeks, but we don’t turn anyone away.

Everyone loves seeing the players. They don’t care what the Starkillers record is. They see beings helping them. There are smiles and handshakes. The hardest faces to see are those of the children. I recognize the family I had seen on the street corner just before we got here. I wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for Ty. This kind of work is so important to him.

Ezra arrives in time for clean up duty. He’s tired from practice, but he doesn’t complain as he hauls trash bags out to the dumpster with his father. We are just about to wrap things up when Ezra comes running back inside without Ty. “Mom, Dad’s wandering down the street.” He tells me quietly, but urgently.

Ezra and I run out the back entrance, Cammie on our heels. Fortunately, Ty is just walking aimlessly. We catch him and Geoff isn’t far behind. “Ty!” I say.

He looks at me blankly. “I’m trying to find my apartment,” he says. “My dad will be mad if he knew I took free food.”

He thinks he’s back on Corellia, that he’s a kid again. I don’t have his data pad on me to show him holos. “Come back to the shelter,” I plead. “Your dad won’t mind.”

He’s afraid, but we lead him back. Nothing’s working and the team needs to leave for Bastion. That’s eventually what happens. Yolanda boards the shuttle with the team and the kids and I end up at the med center with a confused 45 year old man. That night we are afraid to take him home. Afraid of what will happen when he wakes up and doesn’t know who he is. He can be very violent if unmedicated in these situations and the meds can make it worse if not monitored.

Everything had been manageable. For 3 years it had been workable and now it was all falling apart. I sat in bed alone. At least the last time this happened Cammie was still young enough to want to snuggle with me in times of crisis. The empty half of the bed was too much, I moved downstairs to the sofa. I couldn’t sleep. Both kids were up early. We did the only thing we could. We went to the med center and hoped Ty would remember us.

No luck, but he let us in his room. T.J. rushes in as soon as his flight lands. His father doesn’t remember him either. We turn on the holo and here we are about to watch the game. About to find out if this could trigger his memory. If anything can trigger his memory.

Tags: None!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a sunny and warm Victory afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz over on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

22 minutes later...

"And so there you have it, Mercs win 39 to 17 over the Sens, second week in a row scoring over thirty now for a group that couldn't score more than 13 for the first four weeks of the season..."

"Offense starting to gel man..."

"We've got more on this game, including Coach Kor'le's post game press conference, coming up, but first we'll take your comms. Right after this break."

There was a brief pause before Justin's voice could again be heard, reading from a script.

"Getting older? Nagging injuries bugging you? Keeping you from being your best? Look I get it, I'm not getting any younger, and years of limmie injuries have taken their toll. There are times, not afraid to admit it, that it hurts just to get out of bed. I searched for years for something that could help, something to dull the pain and stiffness I was feeling in my knees, and all without success. Surgery was an option, but man a total knee replacement out on Bakura in expensive, and I didn't have that kind of cash lying around. Pain meds could cover the symptoms, but did nothing to deal with the cause, not to mention needing more and more as the months and years went by until my knees were practically numb. That's a solution as bad as the problem."

"Now though, now I've discovered BacPacks bacta patches. BackPacs are discrete, disposable bacta patches designed to be placed right on the area of pain. Once applied they slow release bacta directly onto the site of your injury, whether it's a chronic problem you've had for years or a recent battle wound. BacPack's formula includes not just bacta for helping to heal your injury, but painkilling meds that dull the pain while not making your joints or limbs go numb. The tingle let's you know it's working, and within days the pain is gone, your wounds have healed and you're ready to go back into battle again. So for whether you've got nagging war wounds or you just want to be at your best. Try Bacpack Bacta patches. I'm glad I did."

TAG: @Jedi Gunny

20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Headlines: Starkillers arrive on Bastion without head coach Ty Allin.
    • Team admits the head coach is again suffering from memory loss, but has no further comments.
    TAG: @Runjedirun

Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  21. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Leigh Cavanugh
    O'pahz, Carratos

Leigh flattened out her black Pirates t-shirt standing somewhat awkwardly in front of an apartment door. She didn't know why she was so nervous. It wasn't like she was facing down hard questions or the media, being asked about her book or the details within. She was just going to talk with a young woman that had always idolized her. A young woman that just got put through the ringer and was on mandatory rest for a few days. She was questionable for the game against Bastion. Though from the stories she'd heard, one had to bind her with Cortosis chains to even have a chance to prevent her from getting suited up.

Though part of Leigh hoped that she would be well enough to play. The Pirates need her, the season was half over, the hunt for the playoffs was on. Through her first three years they haven't missed the playoffs. A streak that was something worth holding onto. Though just as she thought that, she felt as though she'd jinxed it. She'd need to talk to someone about unjinxing it. Didn't want to be the reason her team lost, even if she was being silly.

Was it still her team though? She hadn't played in years, and the team was already moving on to the new face of the franchise. She guessed it was still her team, just not 'her' team. A slight distinction, but it was massive depending on which side of the ptch you stand on, and if you were up for the hall or not. The veteran player still felt a little shame and guilt at what she said that day in the training room, the hate she spat at the young woman. It wasn't right and part of her wishes she could take it all back. Something she made very clear in her book.

The only controversies were her own, nothing about the other players. She wanted to pull the curtain back a little, bring the legend down just a little show that she wasn't the perfect limmie machine. Rho was a little worried especially about certain details, share feeling that they shattered the legend. It wasn't like it was easy for Leigh either, some of this stuff only Else and Seiji knew.

She was drawn out of her thoughts by the door opening. On the other side a young man about her height with redish skin, and dark horns that curved over his head. This had to be Pej, the longtime friend and now something more than friend, she reasoned. She watched in real time as he recognized her. There was the 'who is it,' look, the 'is that really,' double take, and finally the 'it is' jaw hang. She'd seen it many times before from star struck fans.

"Uh…" He stammered out, "Umm...Cavanaugh?"

"I can see why she likes you...your sharp." It felt nice to joke around with him. He shook his head, hiding blush. Leigh would have thought hanging around 'the' star player of the team would have prepared him to meet other former stars. "Is she able to take visitors?"

"Ah...let me…"

"Who is it Peggles?" Iris's voice called from what was likely the bedroom.

He couldn't hide the slight blush on his face as she used such an affectionate name in near enough to public.

"It's Cavanaugh." He replied.

"Leigh!" There was a rustling and squeaking, no doubt from Iris rushing to get out of the bed she was under strict instructions to stay in.

"Um...Excuse me." Pej moved with surprising quickness to the bedroom, part of her wondered if he'd played limmie before turning to...what was it he did again? Her memory was failing her thought to be fair she didn't really spend a lot of time reading the gossip sites, the ones dedicated to sports stars and their partners, or any at all. One too many articles on who her secret lover could be. Just recalling the morbid curiosity that came over her sent a shiver up her spine.

She could hear the hushed voices and Pej likely pleaded or bargained for Iris to stay in bed. Leigh just stood somewhat awkwardly in the doorway waiting for permission like some Anzat or something.Eventually Pej came out alone, trying to act all cool and nonchalant.

"Yeah, she can see you...I think it'll do her some good."

"Yes sir doctor Pej." Though she was tempted to call him Peggles she held back, that was for Iris, not her. She walked into the room finding clothes all over the floor, and the woman herself in the middle of the bed.

"If I'd known you were coming." Iris said smiling weakly. "I would have picked up." Leigh could see she was still faturged maybe a little loopy from either pain or painkillers.

"You're fine...I just had to check up on you...you took quite a beating in that game. I needed to make sure you were alright."

"I'm fine...I will right as rain for the game this week."

"Don't push yourself too hard 'Scarface' there's still a lot of limmie to play."

"But, each game is important."

"Yeah but, I want to see you playing when I have grey hair…" Leigh looked away, "Well more grey hair."

"I just don't want to let my team down."

"And that is all well and good, but you need to take the long view sometimes." Leigh sat on the bed giving her former teammate a slight smile. "Besides you should enjoy your days off, you don't get many of them. Not with the season going full swing. Enjoy this time…"

"I can enjoy it when I'm retired like you."

"When you retire, you might be old and creaky like me. With a bad knee, might not get a chance to enjoy it."

"Like I'm not a walking bruise right now."

"It could be worse, you could have a real injury, be laid up for a season, or watch as your season slips away and you can do nothing about it." She spoke from experience, a painful one. Maybe she could save Iris from that fate, or at the very least have said something. "You need to take it easy. Nothing is worse than sitting on the sidelines and watching your team flounder without you."

Iris shifted uncomfortably in the bed, wincing a little. Possibly seeing a future she didn't want. Though it was all too real, they put their bodies on the line, they courted injury every time they stepped on the field, injuries they could carry forever.

"Well the doctors said I should be good for the game."

"For this one, but don't push yourself too hard alright?" She looked down to Iris, a slight smile on her face, a caring look in her eyes. Somewhere deep in her heart she wanted to give Iris a hug. To just tell her she worried about the younger player. But she didn't, it just didn't feel right. Not knowing what to do, she just sat there, awkwardly. Even Iris was beginning to feel it too. "Right well, I should get going." Leigh started to get up, but felt the blanket shift beneath her. Before she could act, or notice what was going on, Iris's arms wrapped around her shoulders pulling her into a warm hug. It was more awkward for just a moment as Leigh went stiff.

"Thanks Leigh…" the veteran player can feel the younger woman flinch as her hands patted her back. "I know you're busy what with the book and all. I'm glad you came." It was comforting, a surprise to be sure, but it felt...nice, in a way she couldn't quite describe.

"After I saw what they did to you I called…"

"I know I heard...You got really riled up."

"We're Pirates, we look after our own...forever."

Iris did take the field the next game...though maybe she shouldn't have. The team went down in flames, Iris only scoring one goal in a mess of a game. Bastion was ready for the Pirates, they shutdown Cray, kept Iris as wrapped up as a team could. Though it seemed like Iris was still struggling, still had some lingering injuries. Leigh didn't blame Iris, she just noted that she got knocked around in the last game. It wasn't an excuse, just an explanation. It was all very cut and dry or at least that's how she tried to say it, though it still ripped her heart out to see her team get stompped.

And it was still her team.

TAG: @no one

Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"The last games before Championship Week were this past weekend, so the last chance for most teams in college limmie to impress the pollsters and makes their case for a coveted post season berth..."

"Everyone came to play this week!"

"...which led to some interesting outcomes, and potential controversy in the poll once it's rerleased."

"Oh yeah, no matter what two out of the top three teams are going to be unhappy."

"Could be all three of the ones you're thinking about if KMI makes the jump..."

"They won't climb that high, not after that Druckenwell win..."

"That was one of the more convincing wins I've seen in some time."

"Of course the chaos starts at the top, with number one University of Csilla getting blow out at home against an unranked..."

Justin and Randy continued speaking over Kitterich, drowning out what he was saying. "UBSD, Norand and DTU all won, one of those is jumping up to take that spot, which will leave the other two rather upset."

"I think it has to be be the Golden Bears in that top spot, which they would keep because they don't have a championship game there in the BAK10."

"I don't know Justin, they only won by a couple, and DTU really blew out..."

"Sure, sure, but they were the number two coming into the week. I think they move up and take that top spot."

"No love for Norand?"

"Well, if DTU's win won't vault them over UBSD to the top than Norand's own close victory won't either."

"So you're saying there is a chance DTU could wind up number one?"

"Oh sure, look that was a great win for them, so anything's possible."

"Further down the rankings number 11 CorTech suffered a loss that will put them on the playoff bubble."

"They're in, they're in, can't see them falling the more than five spots it would take to drop them out of the post season."

"Speaking of the playoff bubble, both number 15 Ralltiir and number 16 UBTV took devastating losses that will almost certainly knock them out of a playoff spot."

"Yeah, and no potential champion game for either of them to improve their odds next week."

"Ralltiir and the Pioneers are done, D. O. N. E. Done."

"While at the bottom of the top 25, Cinnagar, Garos and Bakura Fleet's losses will probably knock them out of the rankings entirely."

"Garos at least has a chance at redemption there next week though against KMI in the SEC Championship game."

"Speaking of which, the match ups for Championship week are set and as Justin mentioned, the SEC title game will feature your Beskar division winning Keldabe Military Institute Warriors against the rivals from University of Garos who again took the Cortosis..."

"Third year in a row that these two teams have met in the playoff, with the Warriors winning both times."

"Yeah, look for them to win a third, especially over a team that just saw their playoff chances die."

"The Big 20 will see Rimward division champion University of Bison taking on Coreward winner University of Onderon Rupings..."

"Rupings will be looking to improve on their seeding for the tourny there, look for them to come out strong."

"The Rim 10 Innie winners will be taking on the Outies champion as University of Devaron will duke it out with University of Agamar."

"Agamar lost this last week, a loss here in their championship game might knock them out of the playoff picture entirely."

"Can't imagine they will need more motivation than that!"

"In the RAAC 10 championship, Ackbar Air Fleet College, Dac, winners of the Raddus division will be taking on the Syndulla winners in Orn Free Ta Central Academy out of Ryloth."

"OFTCA..."

"Even their acronym is a mouthful."

"...is another team looking to improve their seeding but is pretty much a lock for the tourny..."

"Yeah."

"While Ackbar Air Fleet might have an outside chance at being a bubble burster if they can pull off a win."

"Think that will happen?"

"We've seen stranger things, so all bets are off here."

"That leaves just the S16 championship between Cinnagar Imperial College..."

"Who have no chance at the playoffs."

"...and Kayl'hen division winner Chandrila A&M University..."

"Who are in that middle ground, a win could propel them to a better seed, a loss might put them on the bubble."

HSN Top 25 after Week Seven

1. Druckenwell Technical University
    2. UB Salis D'aar
    4. Keldabe Military Institute (Mandalore)
    5. University of Csilla
    6. University of Onderon Rupings
    7. University of Agamar
    9. Bilbringi University
    11. University of Zeltros
    12. Celwis System University
    13. Ryloth Ag and Tech University
    14. Nessem University
    15. Coruscant Polytechnic Institute
    16. Catlia Polytechnic University
    17. University of Kashyyyk
    18. Ralltiir University
    19. Derrling College of Technology
    20. Ackbar Air Fleet College, Dac
    21. UB Telaan Valley
    22. University of the Northern Industrial District
    23. Universirty of Commenor
    24. Tavolva University
    25. Cinnagar Imperial College

Championship Week Schedule

• BIG 20: (Rimward) University of Bison vs. (Coreward) #6 University of Onderon Rupings
    • Super 16: (Crendan) #25 Cinnagar Imperial College vs. (Kayl'hen) #10 Chandrila A&M University
    • SEC: (Beskar) #4 Keldabe Military Institute (Mandalore) vs. (Cortosis) University of Garos (Garos IV)
    • Rim 10: (Innies) University of Devaron vs. (Outies) #7 University of Agamar
    • RAAC 10: (Raddus) #20 Ackbar Air Fleet College, Dac vs. (Syndulla) #8 Orn Free Ta Central Academy, Ryloth

Trieste likes this.
  23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus potential for Bakura, Carratos, Mando'ade, and Ralltiir.

295 Week 7 Results
    Mando’ade Mercs at Rydonni Prime Monarchs (27-18)
    Carratos Pirates at Chandrila Patriots (35-23)
    Bakura Miners at Euceron Officers (36-7)
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Bastion Imperial LC (37-9)
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Coruscant Senators (9-18)

HSN Headlines
    • HSN projects Rydonni Prime Monarchs have secured a playoff spot on strength of conference record
      • HSN also projects Bakura Miners eliminated from playoffs
      • HSN analyst: "This is the least surprising thing I could have seen this week. How did it take this long for us to make this projection?"

Vehn likes this.
  24. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for: Tatooine, Concordia and Atzerri (All teams 28)

Week 6 Results
    Atzerri Bandits @ Druckenwell Marksmen (25-13)
    Concordia Crusaders @ Tatooine Sandskimmers (24-3)
    Thyferra Foce @ Cantonica Golden Knights (0-6)

Tags: @galactic-vagabond422 @Vehn @Bardan_Jusik @Jedi Gunny

25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Royal Limmie Groudns, Hapes

“Oh and what a hit Istander just laid on Veers!” the play-by-play announcer exclaimed.

When she’d started playing limmie Bree had never thought that would happen: she’d just been leveled by a dude in a Hapes Consortium Buccaneers jersey.

Much like Harle Quinn and current protests on Bakura called attention to species disparities on the Miners, it had taken Tendra Nalo’s courageous stand for beings to pay attention to the institutional misandry taking place in the Hapes Consortium. Things had gotten bad for Nalo with threats against her life and it was widely known that the ELL had demoted the Buccaneers over the matter.

To their credit, the Buccaneers were now nearly half male, representing a variety of species. Some were native Hapan males, something that hadn’t seemed possible a decade ago. It hadn’t happened by accident, Bree had learned. Queen Mother Sierra Chume, the owner of the Bucs, had quietly directed her Minister for Sport & Culture to change course. That had resulted in the hiring of Miners Assistant GM Saoirse Sloan as the new General Manager of Buccaneers after a front office cleanout. She was a stat nerd and had been clear from day one she would sign players on the basis of stats, not sex. One of her strategies had been to target what she termed “market inefficiencies,” which included male Hapans. Because it was harder for them to make the Consortium Juniors, she felt there was off-the-sensors talent to be had. While their 3-4 record didn’t reflect it, the C-Bucs were better for it, thanks to plays like Istander’s that had Veers on her back.

But she was back up again. “Come on! I wanna feel the heat with somebody!” she shouted, as if the hit had barely phased her. It was going to take more than that to get her off her game. In fact, it was time for her new favorite trick play in the Sky Captains’ arsenal.

The Sky Captain midfield had the boloball. Bree sprinted up the field and took a hand off from Baggano. Bree punched up the middle of the field a few strides, enough to get the defense to key in on her (especially after her breakthrough goal to open the Triforce game)--and then stopped and tossed the ball back to whence it came. With a big boot, Baggano sent the ball way up field to Coglin, who snagged it and put in a goal.

It was none other than...the Fleaflicker.

Bree high-fived the midfielder on the perfectly executed play. “You should win an award for that one,” she told Baggano.

“Don’t I know it,” Flea Baggano said with knowing a smile.

Cloud City Sky Captains at Hapes Consortium Buccaneers (24-1)

Team shuttle, en route to Bakura
    Centaxday

In unison, Bree, Flea, and Natylee raised their morning caf to their lips as they read the HoloNet coverage of yesterday’s game, seated all in a row at the counter of the lounge on the commercial flight from Hapes to Bespin. The Sky Captains definitely couldn’t afford a private shuttle like an ELL team.

“Everybody loved the Fleaficker,” Bree said to Flea, not looking away from her datapad. “Galactic Sports Weekly gave it their Trick Play of the Week award.”

“Everybody loved your hat trick,” Flea said to Natylee, not looking away from her datapad. “Cloud City Citizen says, ‘Coglin shows her first round potential with the way she navigated the turbulent waters of the Buccaneer defense.’”

“Everybody loved your defense,” Natylee said to Bree, not looking away from her datapad. “HSN called the shutdown ‘marvelous.’”

All three sipped their tea in unison.

“Oh look, the Miners won a game against Euceron,” Bree said casually.

“Oh look, the Miners got eliminated from the playoffs,” Flea said casually.

“Oh look, the Miners are a mess,” Natylee said casually.

All three sipped their tea in unison.

“Glad I’m not on the Miners,” Bree remarked.

“Glad I’m not on the Miners,” Flea remarked.

“Glad I’m not on the Miners,” Natylee remarked.

TAG: @jcgoble3 (even if he’s not playing, knew he’d like this)

Runjedirun, jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.