main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite League Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• BBC correctly predicted UB Salis D’aar finishing atop the Bak10 Conference
    • BBC also correctly predicted Evenvale’s seventh place finish.
    • Second-place UB Telaan Valley was predicted to finish third.
      • BBC Sports anchor: “See? We know what we’re doing.”
    • BBC’s pick for second place, Tiarest University, finished ninth.
    • Predicted last-place finisher College of Deredith & Millicent finished fifth while predicted fifth-place Prytis College of Natural Sciences finished last.
      • HSN analyst: “The BBC called 20% of their conference right. Yeah, that’s about right for a bunch of Bakurans.”
    • Police in Evenvale county reportedly have found belongings of Quin Cundertol in mountains near the Reichenbach Falls.
      • Cundertol himself has not been found.
      • Police say they are investigating.
    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"We're one step closer to determining the champs of college limmie as the quarter finals finished up this past weekend. Let's see how everyone did."

"Number one Druckenwell Technical University took care of business in the Carnation Bowl, defeating number eight Bilbringi University 24 to 17."

"DTU steamrolled them."

"They're just too good..."

"Meanwhile number 10 Chandrila A&M University upset number two UB Salis D'aar 16 to 12 in the Party Bowl."

"A&M seemed to be in control that entire game, but the Golden Bears kept it close."

"Yeah, that was probably the best game all weekend."

"The Sweetner Bowl was host to another upset as number six University of Agamar beat number three Norand University, Carratos 19 to 15."

"That one didn't seem to have the edge of your seat kind of feeling to it like the Party Bowl did."

"Which is odd, because it actually featured more lead changes than the Party Bowl."

"Really?"

"Stats don't lie, look it up."

"Hmm wow."

"And in the Nylonite Bowl number 13 Ryloth Ag and Tech University fell to number five Keldabe Military Institute 21 to 18."

"Another close game, though I never really felt that the Warriors were in danger of losing control..."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

TAG: no one/everyone

Limmie Lunacy Fantastic Four:

• Jogan Bowl: #1 Druckenwell Technical University vs. #5 Keldabe Military Institute (Mandalore)
    • Republic Bowl: #10 Chandrila A&M University vs. #6 University of Agamar

Trieste likes this.
  3. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Addison Vehn
    Carratos at Nar Shaddaa
    295 Playoffs

What a year it had been.

Her husband Austin had finally returned from the conflict in the Centrality. Now that a tentative peace had been reached between the Western and the Eastern Centrality he could devote more time to their family. It was a wonderful thing, as well, as Addison had finally settled on a name for their son: Connor.

"Hey there handsome," Austin said to his son as the trio settled into the owner's box ahead of the upcoming playoff game against Carratos, "maybe you'll bring us good luck today and we'll come away with the win."

"Shady has done a good job with the team," Addison remarked as the Smugglers took the field for pre game warmups.

"I haven't really been following them this year," Austin said as he happened to look up and see his sister Eleanor and his mother and father Verity and Oisin enter the suite.

"Eleanor!" Austin exclaimed as he rushed to embrace his sister careful not to disturb Connor who was catching a few winks.

"Austin," Eleanor said in a fatigued manner, "how good to see you. And the latest Vehn. I'm so proud of you, both of you."

Addison smiled as she caught the eye of Smugglers owner Vera Grames who took a peek before settling into her seat. Vera was all business on game day. Addison, well, she'd softened a bit. Her family's cutt throat dealings had hardened her but also made her who she was: a perfect blend of lethal and empathetic.

"How did everything go on High River?" Austin asked.

Eleanor flinched slightly before responding, "It was a hard fought battle and many lives were lost. I don't want to talk about it right now."

"Fair enough," Austin replied as the pair took their seats.

"You did a good job with the squad this year," Vera remarked to Addison as she made her way back over.

"More Shady than anything else," Addison admitted.

"I think you underestimate your talents," Vera said.

"Perhaps being a mother has changed my perspective a bit," Addison replied.

"Perhaps," Vera said as the game began, "and here we go."

Tag: @galactic-vagabond422, @Trieste

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  4. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Saoirse Sloan confirms she will not leave Buccaneers to become Miners GM.
      • Sloan: “What, clean up Cundertol’s hot mess? Yeah, I did that for a few years. Not looking to do it again.”
    • Harle Quinn sighted on Ord Cestus.
      • Quinn: “I’m here doing some shopping.”
      • “Why? I need retail therapy. Cundertol and I broke up. It’s time for a fresh start. That means shopping.”
    TAG: None

Bardan_Jusik, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  5. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Leigh Cavanugh
    Limmie Hall of Fame, Empress Teta

She was here, the little girl from Carratos, the woman that never gave up, the player that pulled her team to victory time and time again, she stood on hallowed ground. The Hall of Fame, she'd done it, she'd gotten the votes, got the support, her book tour, her interviews, they were all worth something, they all meant something. They all led her here.

Leigh gave a smile as she took the stage looking out into the crowd. There were many league officials, coaches, and players, most of her team, Else and Seiji, and of course Iris. Though as the Hall of Fame inductee caught sight of the new star player her eyes widened. It wasn't Iris's boyfriend sitting to her right side, it was the man sitting on her left. Distinguished even more so now that he had a few more years on him, more grey in his brown hair but she couldn't forget those eyes. Those warm brown eyes that almost saw right through her. Geoff Copin, the Pirates' first coach, and man she'd felt something for, and still to this day her heart did a little flutter. Swallowing thickly she forced down those old feelings. She was a grown woman, not a scared 19 year old, it had been years, over a decade since that day and yet there was still an ember of something there.

"Well," She started looking up out into the crowd. "I'll be honest, I didn't think I would be standing here this year. To be accepted into the Hallowed halls of the hall of fame is the greatest honor for people like me, for players, coaches and managers of the sport we all love and give our best to. I didn't think I was worthy, even deserving of this. What do I have, what makes me worthy. I'm just a girl from West O'Pahz that took up limmie and fell in love with it." She paused a little longer than she should have. She wrote that line before she knew Geoff Copin would be here watching. "Did I really do anything of note, worthy of recognition in the Hall, worth standing next to greats like Grames, Kor'le, and, Allin…" Another pause, she had to mention Allin, there was no way she couldn't, not with everything that has gone on. "I just played the game, gave my all, put everything I had on the line, and saw where it got me. Two rings and a few awards, that was what my best was worth, it's fine, it's more than what the vast majority of players get, and I could just be happy in that. That I gave everything and held nothing back, that I know I did the best I possibly could. I would have been alright with that, with a team that was in good experienced hands, and lead by the next generation." She gave a warm smile to Iris sitting right up front. "But, someone somewhere decided that my effort was worth something more, that this little girl from a planet half the beings in the galaxy couldn't find on the map was worth something more. And so here she stands, looking out to a crowd of legends, past, present, and, future, not here because I bought my way, or twisted a few arms," The Carratosians chuckled, "But on the merits of my play, of the sweat, tears and blood I shed for this game, it was not a sacrifice, not something I gave up unwillingly. No, I gave all that for the sport and my home. I may be the first Pirate in this hall but, I swear I will not be the last." Some applause, "So follow me Scallywags, we'll take everything we can...and give nothing back."

TAG: @Trieste @Bardan_Jusik @Vehn @Runjedirun

6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus potential for the first round off the playoffs for Carratos, Nar Shaddaa, and Ralltiir!

Galactic Cup Playoffs

Conference Semifinals
    (3) Carratos Pirates at (2) Nar Shaddaa Smugglers (18-36)
    (3) Ralltiir Starkillers at (2) Bastion Imperial LC (22-3)

Conference Finals
    (2) Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at (1) Mando'ade Mercs
    (3) Ralltiir Starkillers at (1) Rydonni Prime Monarchs

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 @Runjedirun @Vehn

Vehn likes this.
  7. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for: Druckenwell (28), Tatooine (28) and Thyferra (33)

LFL Play – Offs

(6) Druckenwell Marksmen @ (3) Cantonica Golden Knights (20-0)
    (5) Thyferra Force @ (4) Tatooine Sandskimmers (25-7)

LFL Semifinals
    (6) Druckenwell Marksmen @ (1) Atzerri Bandits
    (5) Thyferra Force @ (2) Concordia Crusaders

Tags: @Vehn @galactic-vagabond422 @Jedi Gunny @Bardan_Jusik

Vehn likes this.
  8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Shay Dione reportedly interviews with Miners for general manager vacancy.
    • Sources say that Dione has felt stuck in head scouting job for Smugglers
      • “She’s hungry. She thinks she has more to offer than the Smugglers are letting her give.”
    • Harle Quinn sighted on Bakura after going to Ord Cestus being detained by customs officials for trying to import “a dangerous creature onto the planet”
      • Quinn eventually released in the company of a hyena
        • “It’s Lou! Or Bud! I haven’t decided what I’ll call him yet? But isn’t he the greatest!!! He’s going to be our new mascot.”
        • Declan Trieste: “It’s not going to be our new mascot.”
          • “How much longer is Quinn on contract for?”
          • “FOUR MORE YEARS? Who negotiated that contract?”
          • “Oh...right.”
    TAG: @Vehn

Runjedirun, Bardan_Jusik and Vehn like this.
  9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Bom’loo Waa, general manager of the Ord Mantell Scrappers, is reportedly the frontrunner for the Miners GM job.
    • Waa is a Jawa female and would be the first non-Human to serve as Miners’ GM.
    • Waa does not speak Basic and addressed the media standing on a crate with assistance from a protocol droid.
      • “Manager Waa is excited for this most excellent opportunity. She would make very good deals, the best deals for the Miners. Very big savings. Ask anyone about the deals she made on Ord Mantell. Except don’t ask the Ithor Herders. They are liars that Manager Waa regrets ever having had in her datapad contacts.”
      • “Manager Waa promises that she will make the best deals for the Miners.”
      • “Manager Waa would also like to direct the members of the media to her selection of mouse droids. They are very useful for reporters and move the fastest of any droids on the market. She is willing to give you 15% off, this press conference only.”
      • “Manager Waa would also like to address the nefarious rumor that Jawas smell. They do not. However, the anti-heat treatments of their robes used in high heat situations does have an aroma that some beings do not appreciate. Manager Waa would like to point out that Bakura is a relatively cold planet and she does not need such treatments here. In fact, she would wear very stylish tropical print shirts for her entire first week if hired. Manager Waa also wishes me to tell you that she will be selling these shirts after the press conference. These are shirts of such high quality Lando Calrissian himself would buy them.”
      • “In summary, Manager Waa wishes to say: utinni.”
    TAG: None

Jedi Gunny, jcgoble3, Vehn and 2 others like this.
  10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• ELL releases award ballot for 295.
      • Carratos, Mando’ade, and Ralltiir tie for the most nominations with four.
      • Bastion Imperial LC gets its first award nominations in franchise history.
      • Some controversy surrounds nominations for league-last Bakura Miners’ two nominations.
        • HSN analyst: “C’mon-- Quinn Cundertol with a nomination? He gets fired and then decides to go hide in the woods and he suddenly gets a nomination? If I’m Schnitt Polenta or Addison Vehn I’m furious right now.”
        • “And on top of that, someone who was so bad at limmie that she got sent to the Premier League--where she lost a playoff game by an embarrassing 30-0 score, no less--gets an award nomination?! The Republic should investigate this because clearly the Trieste family used either money to bribe the ELL or power to force them to do their will. The Miners should be demoted for this farce.”
    • Pirates' Captain and Veteran Half Back Mikia Sandin-Manx has chosen not to return for another season after spending a year on IR while she gave birth and took leave to care for her and her partners' child Alex. In a statement the Numifolis award winner and three time champion said:
      • “It was a tough decision, and Logan and I talked about it for a long time. We came to the decision that I would retire, and help look after our child. We both grew up without our parents around much and we didn't want that for our kid. And before all the holo-net people get their quills dipped in righteous ink and spout that I'm 'Bowing to gender norms' let me just say that I'm just taking a break and finding a new career path once Alex is old enough to go to school. You might not know this, but I do have a degree from Bilbringi University. Just haven't had a chance to use it...had to win a few rings first.”
    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 @Jedi Gunny @Runjedirun @Vehn

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Reports claim that Quinn Cundertol has been sighted on Carratos.
    • Current Pirates' GM and Owner Schnitt Polenta could not confirm a meeting.
    • Head Coach Logan Manx-Sandin said when asked at a press conference: "I don't know, I'm not a manager, if Schnitt is looking around then he's looking around. As long as I keep getting the players I need I'm happy."
    TAG: @galactic-vagabond422

Runjedirun, Vehn, jcgoble3 and 2 others like this.
  12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Media war ignites on Bakura over next Miners GM as sports editorials fly.
    • Atalanta Journal: “The idea that the Miners might hire a buffoon like Waa is ridiculous. When the franchise has a golden opportunity to remake itself and become dominant for a decade or more with first picks in every round, the fact the Triestes are even considering Waa is a disgrace. How Shay Dionne wasn’t hired on the spot given the Smugglers’ three Galactic Cups under Dionne’s tenure as head scout is inconceivable. A GM needs to be able to evaluate talent, first and foremost, and Dionne has found some of the great players of the game.”
    • Cape Suzette Gazette: “Under Shay Dionne, the Smugglers went from a team that represented the diversity of its homeworld and fanbase to a team that is now 100% Human. In an era where professional sports should be a representation of what we want society to be, Dionne brings the wrong values. Compare to the Ord Mantell Scrappers, which under Boom’loo Waa is a Human minority team. Waa isn’t just going to look at VCU and DTU for talent, as Dionne repeatedly did.”
    • Nouvelle Orleans Picayune: “Sports aren’t about political agendas. Sports are about putting a ball in a net. You know who did that? UBSD grad Shady Lereoux, a Dionne-picked prospect who wasn’t from the Oktos-10. The Miners don’t need species equality--look where chasing that this year got the team. They need talent.”
    • Evenvale Union: “Instead of using the Miners’ GM hunt as a proxy battle about the Inalienable Rights Movement, we should all be talking about next year’s election where we can actually address these issues in the halls of the Senate and leaving limmie for the leisure activity it was designed to be.”
    • Golden Prairie Tribune: “The sensible thing to do at this juncture is hire a middle ground candidate like Miri Pax of the Kamino Waves: a non-Human with a solid, if undistinguished, track record. Let someone who isn’t going to hawk their wares at press conferences and brings a broad recruiting vision to the team and give them the opportunity to flourish when endowed with ELL resources.”
    • Salis D’aar Times: “For the first time in 75 years, the Trieste family finds itself not being politically buoyed by limmie, but in danger of being dragged down by it. Lest anyone shed a tear, the team has always been used by him and his descendants as a political prop since Fionn Trieste made the Miners a symbol of Bakuran rebirth during the post-Neo-Sith War reconstruction drive. They have benefited from clutch Galactic Cup victories timed with elections and political turmoil. Now they must handle living with the team’s nadir at a moment in history where, facing progressive challengers on the left and a reorganized Unionist core on the right, they could desperately use a boost on the pitch.”
    TAG: @Vehn

13. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    OOC: This is my favorite Hanson song and it's never been released or anything it's just some random thing they wrote one Halloween. I play it all year. Also if this post doesn't flow I am busy and wrote this post during whatever spare time I could find and it could very well be an incoherent mess. Which maybe also explains why I just chose a seasonal song instead of a song that relates to the post. I dunno, let's play Limmie!

IC: Lucie Vigo

I still think of Miles as the quiet kid who’s almost embarrassed he gets to start for the Starkillers. He knows half the Galaxy thinks he just got the job because his cousin was the head coach. Today he proved he is so much more. If it weren’t for that Head Band-AID he’d be in the med center unconscious. Plays just like Ty used to, fearless. Wiskey took care of his fair share of offensive stops as well. Not to mention Churb, proving even a Gamorrean can jump if motivated. It was a defensive production that would have made Ty proud. I was proud, for him.

Of course we coulnt’ have won the game without an offense. The longtime unsung hero of the offense in my opinion is Lofykam. She doesn’t score, she keeps every other offender open. Her contract is up this year and she’s probably got another good decade of Limmie in her. Rookie Lorgess was impressive with a goal and 2 bar points. My brother almost never allows a game to go by without a score and today was no exception. I do think he played a more overall midfield game today, not taking as many crazy long shots as he does when the team is down. Kryze and Sancheese were our two top scorers.

The commercial flight home sucks. I get no rest. By the time I park the speeder in our driveway it’s 30 minutes after midnight. “School tomorrow?” Cammie asks.

“You want to go to Rydonni Prime next week?” I ask.

“We’re going to school tomorrow!” Ezra answers.

I climb in my big empty bed and promptly fall asleep. I awake to footsteps running down the hall. “He’s not here!” Cammie cries. “Dad is gone!”

I leap out of bed and run right to her, “It’s okay.” I say gently putting my arms around her.

“He’s gone,” she wails. Thankfully Ezra opens his door and puts his arms around us both. I couldn’t hold my shaking daughter alone. Her pain is too much for me to bear.

“I miss him too,” I mange softly.

We all just huddle in the hallway until Cammie calms down. “I had a dream about dad. It was so real. I thought he was going to be here again when I woke up.”

“He is here,” Ezra says. “Just not in person.”

“Your brother’s right,” I assure her. “Nothing your dad taught you and all the love he gave you will ever be gone. He’s here,” I say.

I take her hand and lead her back to her room. “Mom, stay.” She says. So I get a few restless hours of sleep in my daughters bed. At least it seems she finally gets some rest.

Maybe I’m cruel to make the kids go to school the next moring, but what good would it do any of us to sit around the house and think about their father? As soon as the kids are out of the house with Geoff my finger is hovering over the call button on my data pad. After last night I know I need to get Cammie especially into therapy. What if I’m handling this wrong? What if I scar her or Ezra for life? Why am I so afraid to ask my brother for help?

I don’t know who else to ask, finally I thumb the call button firmly and wait nervously for him to answer. Bizarrely enough, this is easier than it would be in person. I also feel so much better by the time the conversation is over. Richard is able to give me the number of two therapists that specialize in children and adolescences who are dealing with loss. More importantly he gives me the name of a therapist who will see me as well. The idea scares the hell out of me. I tell myself that it wouldn’t be fair to make Cammie and Ezra walk into a therapist’s office if I don’t do the same.

“So did it help?” Ezra asks when I get home from my first session.

“I think so,” I answer honestly.

“T.J. said he tried to call you.”

“I saw the missed call. Did he say he it was important?” I ask.

Ezra shrugs. “I think he was just checking on you.”

I should be the one to check in on him. He’s 18, just barely left for college. “I better call him back,” I decide out loud. I dig my data pad out of my purse and make the call as I simultaneously pull out some ingredients for dinner.

“Mom,” T.J. says as I watch him walk to a different part of his dorm room. He’s hiding something.

“You called?” I ask.

He takes a deep breath, I get nervous. Is he failing a class already? He takes so long to compose himself I remember last weekend in the spaceport. I use my eyes to search the room. He’s making eye contact with someone I realize, she’s in there? It takes all my willpower not to just blurt out what I’m thinking.

“Mom, Anna’s pregnant.”

“Anna?” I take a chance. “How are you feeling sweetheart?”

T.J. looks at me with frustration, but he waives her into the shot. “We went to the clinic today,” he says putting his arm around her. “We heard a heartbeat.”

Is this girl living with him in his single dorm room? The one I paid extra for so he’d have a quiet place to study. I refrain from asking. I don’t know what to say.

“What did you misplace that box of condoms dad gave you when we dropped you off at the beginning of training camp?” I hear Ezra ask. I forgot he was in the room.

“Shut up!”

Their banter is actually oddly calming. “So what are you gonna do?” I ask.

“There’s plenty of minor league teams that will hire me. If you want me to quit school. I know you said stay out of jail, but you didn’t say anything about,” he trails off.

“I said be safe,” I take a breath. This is not the time to get angry. I just got back from therapy and I am highly aware that my emotions are all over the place right now. “Have you told Anna’s parents yet?” I decide to change the subject.

“Not yet,” he answers. Anna still hasn’t said anything. She has of yet to come out of her shell around me.

“Tell them, find out how they feel. You both want to keep the baby?”

“Yes.” Now Anna speaks.

“I can get your parents tickets to the Conference Finals if that will help ease the blow,” I say.

“You just want to meet them,” Ezra says from behind me.

He’s right, but I don’t need his commentary in the background. “You stay out of this.”

“My parents are off planet,” Anna says. “My dad’s working and mom’s just tagging along. They’ve been planning this for years. Couldn’t wait to get me out of the house.”

Now that’s more than Anna has said since we met. “I doubt that’s true, honey. If you think they are going to be upset or unsupportive I’ll be happy to speak to them with you.” I don’t realize it at the time, but looking back I think this gave me hope of having a purpose to help someone.

“Mom,” T.J. interrupts. “I just wanted you to know. I don’t like having secrets. We have homework.”

“Okay, sweetie,” I hate to hang up. “I love you, all of you.”

“Goodnight, mom.”

“He’s such a hypocrite!” Ezra complains once T.J. is gone. “Two weeks ago he makes me feel guilty for playing Limmie and now suddenly he’s willing to go get paid to play on a minor league team.”

“Not now, Ezra.” I may have yelled a bit too loud. I didn’t even care. I just wanted to eat dinner and be by myself for a while. This news is a lot to process. I’m too young to be a grandmonther!

The next day I decide dance team rehearsals are 100% better than therapy. Who wants to talk about all their problems when they can just create and temporarily everything seems, normal. I chose one of Ty’s favorite songs this week as a tribute. I even watch some footage of Corellian holos with parties so I can use dance moves native to the area. The research keeps me busy and the routine is fresh.

We leave for Rydonni Prime on Sunday morning. The Monarchs had beat us solidly in week 3. A time when Ty seemed healthy and this day seemed impossible. A Conference Finals without him. Anna still hasn’t told her parents about the baby. I’m scheming all kinds of ways to help them out, if they want my help. Loren, Zenner and Trazi Jul are on our flight. Trazi still has a boot on her leg. “How’s the foot?” I ask.

“Much better,” she says. “This is just a precaution. I don’t have to wear it all the time anymore.”

“That’s great,” I say.

“How are you holding up?” Loren asks.

“As well as can be expected,” I shrug.

Loren hugs me, it feels good. I don’t cry. I just accept her condolences.

The stadium is mostly full of Monarch fans. Some orange and blue jersey’s stick out among the stands. It’s like Deja vu, like last week all over again. I just hope it’s that way 60 minutes from now and we walk out of here with the unexpected win.

Tags: NPC! NPC!

jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a cloudy and cool playoff afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz over on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

14 minutes later...

"So there you have it, playoffs have begun, the first round has come and gone and the Mercs opponent for the Skywalker Conference Championship game has been set as the Mercs will be playing their long time rival Nar Shaddaa Strugglers..."

"Smugglers."

"...whatever... as they each vie for a bid to the Galactic Cup Finals..."

"Going to be a heck of a game..."

"Two best defensive teams in the league."

"I know, and I love it!"

"But before we dive more into that and start taking your calls, how about a word from one of our sponsors."

"Hey I know every Mandalorian is a warrior, but not everyone is a tracker, and sometimes you need to find things that have been lost or stolen..."

"Taken even."

"...quickly and without a lot of questions being asked."

"Starship keys, bits of armor..."

"Or even your daughter."

"If that's the case, contact Lam Ni'san, Ni'san is a former Jedi who specializes in the acquisition and return of stolen property..."

Justin's voice cut out as the obviously pre recorded voice of Ni'san was broadcast over the wave.

"I do not know who you are, I do not know what you want, but if it is money you want know that I don't have it. What I do have is a particular set of skills, skills gained over a lifetime, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. Return what I'm looking for to my control and I will not seek you I will not hunt you...do not and I will find you and I will kill you..."

TAG: @Vehn Let's dance once more shall we?

OOC, the idea for this commercial was given to me by @galactic-vagabond422 Good thing too, because I hadn't planned on making the playoffs and had run out of ideas. :p I do have another suggestion from another player I am going to use next week though.

15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Bakura Miners hire Shay Dionne as new general manager.
    • Dionne at her introductory press conference: "I cannot express how thrilling it is to not only get into a GM's seat for the first time, but to do so not just in the ELL, but in a place with such a storied lineage as Bakura at such a critical moment in its history."
    • "I'm going to use a word that beings aren't going to like, but it's the first word I used in my interview: rebuild. My predecessor, for all his accomplishments, chased a win-now model. That's not how you get Galactic Cups. You have to bottom out to get access to the talent you need. Thankfully, he also took care of that before he left."
    • "I'm not saying the Miners aren't going to win. What I am saying is that we're going to do this right and it's going to take time."
      • "You want a GM who's going to sugar coat everything and say we're going to go 9-0 in 296? Too bad. Not how I do things."
      • "What I will say is that there's a path to a championship and today is the first step."
    • When asked about her views on species diversity in limmie: "The Vertical City is the home of 'go local' recruitment strategy. There was a clear mandate from the front office and ownership we were going to be an Oktos-10-focused team and that meant VCU and DTU. After discussion with the Prime Minister and Minister of State, they have a different directive. I couldn't be happier. I saw a lot of talent when I was with the Smugglers I had to pass on. I'm not going to have those constraints now."
    • Team chairman Declan Trieste on the decision to hire Dionne over Waa: "Each candidate had her own management philosophy, backed by years of experience. This came down to what way we wanted to take the team. Ms. Dionne's matched where we want this franchise to go."
    • Dionne on head coach vacancy: "The search begins right now. We're going galaxy-wide with it."
    • On whether contract decisions will wait for the hiring of a head coach: "Absolutely not. After the worst season in last 50 years for this team, I know exactly what dead wood needs to be cut away. The chrono is ticking down to the draft. This is a time for action."
      • "We'll have a head coach in place prior to the draft and any major signings to make sure that I'm providing our next coach with the tools they need to start this rebuild."
    • BBC Sports commentator: "'Rebuild' is a word that's not usually in a Miner fan's vocabulary. With season ticket renewals plummeting, it's going to be interesting to see how long Miner fans give the new regime. I could easily see the Miners wishing they had Waa at the helm midway through the season. At least she would have probably had a good merchandising strategy."
    TAG: @Vehn who graciously allowed me the opportunity to poach from the Smugglers' front office

jcgoble3, Vehn and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"The Fantastic Four has come and gone and the GCAA Bolo ball championship is set..."

"Woohoo!"

"...and boy did this weekend have a couple of great games to get us there."

"Yeah it did."

"First up was the Jogan Bowl where number one Druckenwell Technical University held off a late rally from number five Keldabe Military Institute securing a berth in the championship 22 to 17 over the Warriors."

"That was...I mean wow I though KMI was done early, and then they came roaring back in the second half before Kittie Sot's late goal simply put the game out of reach..."

"Warriors just dug themselves too big a hole early and couldn't dig their way out of it."

"Not many could against that DTU team, they're good."

"Some say they could beat the Miners...'

"Well let's not go crazy now, no college team could beat an ELL one."

"Meanwhile DTU's opponent was decided in the Republic Bowl as number 10 Chandrila A&M University managed to not only pull off the upset, but did what KMI couldn't and completed a comeback to do so in defeating number six University of Agamar 21 to 18."

"Yeah, another came where the higher seed raced out to an early lead, but credit A&M, they didn;t quit and they managed to come back and pull off the upset."

"That of course sets up a showdown in the collegiate championship game in the Papa Palaptine Bowl between the number one overall seed DTU and number ten Chadrilla A&M."

"Man, my S16 pride wants to say Chadrilla takes this, but I can't see any way they beat DTU."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

TAG: no one/everyone

Limmie Lunacy: GCAA Bolo-Ball Championship

• Papa Palpatine Bowl: #1 Druckenwell Technical University vs. #10 Chandrila A&M University

Vehn and Trieste like this.
  17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Sources report the Miners have asked for permission to interview K’Karlson (defensive coordinator, Mando’ade Mercs) and Teaspoon (head coach, Tatooine Sandskimmers) for head coach opening.
    • Reports say Miners have also reached out to former Pirates great, Leigh Cavanaugh to interview for head coach vacancy.
    • Miners are also exploring current Premier League head coaches of Naboo Ducks and Fondor Freedom.
    • HSN analyst: “The chances anyone associated with an ELL team would want to take on a dumpster fire like the Miners, let alone one from a major team with championship ambitions like Carratos, Mando’ade, and Ralltiir (by way of Tatooine), is pretty unlikely, which is why they’re looking at Premier League coaches.”
    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @Runjedirun

18. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009

IC: Addison Vehn

Meshla'Vhetin
    Mando'ade

"Good showing today," owner Vera Grames observed through her electrobinoculars.

"Indeed," Addison replied as she snuggled Connor.

Last's weeks victory over Carratos had been strong. The entire team had come out playing as if they could taste and touch the Galactic Cup itself. The home field advantage certainly didn't hurt at all.

"They they go," Addison remarked as the Smugglers took to the field as one unit. A team.

"They've had a very, very, good year," Vera remarked.

"They're going to have to bring their best game against Mando'ade. These guys are the top of the Skywalker for a reason," Addison said.

"It's always Mando'ade," Vera groaned.

"We have a decent record against them," Addison pointed out, "but you know any run to the Cup wouldn't be complete without a tilt at Meshla'Vhetin."

"Oya! Oya! Oya!" A war cry went up from the Mando'ade faithful as the game was set to commence.

Addison slipped ear covers over Connor's budding ears. This stadium was the loudest in the league. No question about it. Not even Six Boroughs matched it for intensity. It was rumored to rupture the ear drums of all who spectated from the stands. This was the epitomy of home field advantage.

"This is going to be good," Vera said.

"I know," Addison replied as she kissed Connor, "I know."

Tag: @Bardan_Jusik (short post this year but hey I've got limited time)

Bardan_Jusik, Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Conference final day...but first...

HSN Headlines
    • Tendra Nalo speaks to local media on Euceron for first time since the death of Ty Allin
    • "I am saddened to hear of Ty Allin's passing and hope that his family is doing well. His death reflects the violent nature of the game of limmie and the brain injuries that were all too recently so common in the game. I am pleased that we now have the HeadBAND AID to eliminate these destructive injuries from the game, but it pains me that so many, including Ty, had to suffer through them before it was developed. It is my hope that he will be the last to suffer such horrible effects of brain damage from the beautiful game and that we will soon be able to relegate concussions to the history books."
    • Tendra's response when asked about the delay in speaking: "Just before the news of his condition initially broke, I went off the grid on a trip into the wilderness with my Jedi brother. We have just returned about 48 hours ago and I found out that he had passed last night. I wish I had known at the time it happened, but I was completely off the grid at the time."
    • On her own health given her repeated concussions during her career: "I want to keep the focus on Ty, but generally speaking I have been fortunate to not have any significant issues other than frequent headaches, which have been a minor issue since my playing days. At this time, my doctor and I have no reason to suspect my life will be shortened by them, but things in this regard can always change in an instant."
    Now, scores! Bonus potential for Mando'ade, Nar Shaddaa, and Ralltiir.

Conference Finals
    (2) Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at (1) Mando'ade Mercs (39-29)
    (3) Ralltiir Starkillers at (1) Rydonni Prime Monarchs (6-14)

139th Galactic Cup Final
    Memorial Stadium, Agamar

(1) Rydonni Prime Monarchs vs. (2) Nar Shaddaa Smugglers

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @jcgoble3 @Runjedirun @Vehn

jcgoble3 and Vehn like this.
  20. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for: Druckenwell (28) and Concordia (28)

LFL Semifinals
    (6) Druckenwell Marksmen @ (1) Atzerri Bandits (26-9)
    (5) Thyferra Force @ (2) Concordia Crusaders (23-5)

LFL Finals
    (6) Druckenwell Marksmen @ (5) Thyferra Force

Tags: @Vehn @galactic-vagabond422 @Jedi Gunny @Bardan_Jusik

21. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Starkillers release personnel actions.
      • Cliff Tuff retires
        • Tuff won two Galactic Cups with Starkillers.
      • Lofykam signs 6 year extension.
      • Abigail Ripley signs 3 year extension.
      • Schrodia Dens signs 2 year extension.
    • Tomas Vigo undecided on returning to the ELL next season.
    • Sandskimmers release personnel actions.
      • Four forwards Daryyl Dixun, Lowatha, Jo’ker and Tonya Wess , a midfielder Burrnsbacca and a defender Simon Salahi all retire from the Sandskimmers leaving the aging squad in urgent need of talent.
      • Nuukroush signs four year extension.
    • Starkillers are searching internally for a new head coach. Early frontrunners for the job are rumored to be Kara Sureysh , Loren Jul, and Alyda Hovechar.
    • In first personnel actions with Dionne as GM, Miners announce they will not re-sign almost all players on expiring contracts.
      • Players to become free agents include:
        • The DTU Three
          • Filibuster McNutt (Human, Male, Half Back)
          • Adam Stone (Human, Male, Half Forward)
          • Arnie Neegar (Human, Male, Full Forward)
        • Daniella Bell (Mon Calamari, Female, Corner Forward)
        • Dabbas Krul (Fondorian, Male, Half Forward)
        • K’Wai Leonis (Human, Male, Half Back)
      • Only Angel Sorrano (Corner Forward) resigned to a two year deal.
    TAG: @Runjedirun

Bardan_Jusik and Runjedirun like this.
  22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Pirates announce personnel changes
      • Gaius Trieste, Lucy Van Pelt, Jenny Wiles, and Daniel San were all released from the team.
        • A few questions are being asked, given that all the players released, including Gaius Trieste a pivotal part of the Pirates 291 and 293 Cup wins, are humans from planets other than Carratos. Owner and GM Schintt Polenta said that these were purely for the good of the team.
      • On the heels of Mikia Sandin-Manx retirement three other long time Pirates made the same decision: Tian Huo, Mar'git "Cutty" Evers-Sark, and Serica Clyde all chose to retire. This leaves the Team with a deficiency at the forward position and a depleted bench to fill it. Be on the lookout for them to be hunting for forwards in the upcoming draft.
      • Stalwart bench players Kala Rakshiss and Ariel Taeping also made the choice to retire after getting fewer and fewer minutes in this last few years. Taking away yet more depth from the Pirates.
    • "The rookies are going to have a lot on their plates when they get here. I hope they are ready to play by the time the season starts because they won't have much time to figure it out," Coach Manx-Sandin remarked when reached for comment.
      • "Will those rookies be non-humans from Carratos?"
        • "Not my choice to make. Carratos is made up of many great people and players...we could do worse."
      • "And what about reports that your former teammate Leigh Cavanaugh has been contacted for an interview with the Miners?"
        • "She'll have a lot to do and not a lot of time to do it. If she takes the job, I wish her the best of luck. She'll get a warm welcome at the "Jar of Dirt" game...still a silly name for that. Though another question would be if a Smuggler and a Pirate could co-exist on the same team. It is not often those colors mix."
    • HSN analyst: "We may be in the middle of another Centaxday Massacre."
    TAG: @galactic-vagabond422

23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
  24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a sunny but cool Taungsday afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz over on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

24 minutes later...

"And so there you have it, a kind of depressing way to end the season..."

"Best defense in the league giving up 39 points in a loss?"

"...but hey taking home the Commissioner's Trophy after winning the last five games of the regular season is something to look back on..."

"Yeah that's still just depressing."

"It's the journey, not the ending." Randy replied, sounding as if he almost believed it.

"Uh huh."

"Well the comm lines are already filled, and we have a lot to talk about coming up. Including talk that K'Karlson may end up leaving the Mercs to go coach the Miners..."

"ugh."

"...when we come back after the break."

There was a pause before Justin's still melancholy voice aired out over the wave.

"When you gotta go, go out in style. Clan Coopa's Custom Cask..." he burst out into laughter, something the other members of the crew didn't see coming, especially given his mood.

"What?"

Justin tried to regain control of himself.

"Clan Coo..." he burst out laughing again. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," he manged to get out in between the laughter that was now overtaking Liz as well.

"What's the problem here?" Randy sounded perplexed even as Justin tried one last time.

"Clan Coopa's Custom Ca..." he burst out laughing uncontrollably again, this time even Kitterich joined in with Liz, the former laughing at Justin, the latter because she knew why Justin couldn't control himself.

"Oh let me see that." Randy shouted, taking the sheet of flimsi with the ad script written on. it.

"When you gotta go, go out in style. Clan Coopa's Custom..." he trailed off for a second before the last word came out as more of a question than anything else. "Caskets?" He started to chuckle even as Justin broke out into a boisterous belly laugh. Both Liz and Kitterich also erupted in laughter again, and a moment thereafter Randy joined them unable to control himself any longer.

"For when you're as dead as the Mercs season is now..." Justin began to ad lib.

"Or for how dead the show is going to be after this"

"...go with Clan Coopa's Custom Caskets..."

"When you gotta go, go out in style!" the crew all shouted out together before uncontrollable laughter once again broke out on set and the wave cut to a a pre-recorded commercial.

TAG: @Vehn Hate to say it, but go Strugglers. We'll catch you eventually though. :p

OOC: many thanks to @Trieste who gave me the idea for this, the last ad post I'll make, at least for a while. ;)

Jedi Gunny, Trieste, jcgoble3 and 2 others like this.
  25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• ELL presents 295 season awards on Agamar
    • Stone Backbreaker (Mando'ade) wins Ingbrand Award
    • Adenn Vizsla (Mando'ade) wins Grames Award
    • Martia Paak (Nar Shaddaa) wins Duchess Eldin Award
    • Ty Allin (Ralltiir) wins Langann Award
    • Gil Cray (Carratos) wins Marte Nalo Award
    • Ty Allin (Ralltiir) also wins Vigo Award
    • Regan Stargazer (Mando'ade) wins Salbukk Award
    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 @Jedi Gunny @Runjedirun @Vehn

Bardan_Jusik, Vehn and Runjedirun like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.