main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite League Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for: Atzerri (28), Tatooine (38), Thyferra (33), Concordia (28)

Week Two Results
    Tatooine Sandskimmers @ Thyferra Force (3-29)
    Atzerri Bandits @ Druckenwell Marksmen (21-10)
    Cantonica Golden Knights @ Concordia Crusaders (22-12)

Tags: @Jedi Gunny @galactic-vagabond422 @Vehn @Bardan_Jusik

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a cold and rainy Taungsday afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz over on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

"Ugh, do we have to?"

"It's what they pay us for."

"Sure, sure."

"Besides, Bardan wants his bonus roll next week."

"Of course not much fun to talk about today following the Mercs pathetic showing in 20 to six loss to the Miners, and now the Mercs sit at one and two headed into a big week..."

"Yeah, the less said about this game the better."

"...but we have the Game of Rivals coming up, and in a quirk of the new scheduling, the Game of Rival II will take place the following week."

"Strugglers also sitting at one and two three games into the season, and this seems to be like make or break time for both clubs..."

"Well, those games will bring us to the half pint in the season, and either team has to win both games to get themselves above the .500 mark halfway through the season..."

"Ugh, even a split..."

"Which is the most likely outcome with these two teams."

"...would see the Mercs..."

"And Strugglers."

"...below .500, and a sweep would be devastating."

"That would put the team on the losing end of the sweep at one and four with just five games to go, not a good situation."

"Yet both teams will be trying their tails off to get that sweep because it's the only way either end up over .500 after five games."

"Which at least sets that team up for a run at the post season, fall to one and four and you might as well start thinking draft."

"What about the most likely outcome as Kitterich put it?"

"The teams split and both head into the halfway point at two and three?"

"Yeah."

"That's a rough situation, I doubt any team is going to make the playoffs here with a losing record, but with half the season to go there is time to make up one game."

"So not totally sunk but..."

"But not feeling really great about their chances either."

"Wonderful, so basically how I feel about things today."

"Pretty much, yeah."

TAG: @Trieste

Vehn, Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  3. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012

IC Ty Allin Jr

When I arrive in my hotel room on Thyferra there’s a package for me. There are hand written notes from my mother, my father’s mother, Anna and both my siblings. There’s also a nut butter and jelly sandwich. The notes are touching. They lift my spirits; the nut butter and jelly sandwich, that’s a different story. First off, the sandwich is on gourmet bread. Wasn’t this supposed to be a prize for the “working being”? I may have grown up privileged, but even I know that no ordinary being would pack a lunch with gourmet bread. The nut butter is obviously orange and the jelly is blueberry. Nice touch, delicious pregame snack, not sure that’s the flavor the “working being” would have on his sandwich.

I get to watch a decent chunk of the Starkillers game before I leave the hotel. It’s a tight game, the Starkillers are in it. My Uncle Tomas and Kryze are playing spectacular offense. Eastwick scores a pair of wicked goals. On defense Loren Wella, they call him Wiskey, makes the best effort. He’s probably the best defender the Starkillers have and he wants to beat his home world, there’s no doubt about that today.

The Starkillers are only down by two when I have to leave my room and maybe I’m crazy, but I got this feeling they are going to get win one of the season today. I’m in great mood as I board our shuttle to the stadium, I feel energetic and ready for anything during warm ups. Then the game starts and I don’t know what happens. I just can’t get a shot off, and neither can any of my teammates. The only person to score all day is Colt Sureysh! Meanwhile our defense sucks and the Force offense is on fire. I don’t even want to repeat the final score.

I’ve never lost a game so bad in my life. I throw on the windbreaker with a hood and put it up so that Colt will know I want to be left alone on the shuttle ride back to Tatooine. Maybe Colt is feeling frustrated as I am, he’s not his usual talkative self. I text a bit with Anna. She has a break this week and she’s supposed to bring Penni to visit, but she’s afraid of being on a long flight with a baby by herself. I can’t blame her. Still I won’t budge that I want her to come visit. You owe me. Is her final text.

After the conversation with Anna I get a text from my brother. Ezra is completely flustered because he says mom and Geoff were sharing a bottle of wine together after mom thought he and Cammie were asleep. Seriously? I try to tell Ezra that mom’s allowed to do what she wants and that it’s probably nothing anyway. Ezra goes on to tell me how much he misses dad. Especially when he plays Limmie. What am I supposed to say? I miss dad too. Suddenly, I really hope Geoff isn’t making moves on my mom. I’m not ready for my dad to be replaced. Not now, maybe not ever.

Coach Sureysh isn’t as hard on us as she should be. My dad would have cussed his Starkiller teams out after a loss like we had, I know cause I witnessed it. Despite my mom’s best intentions to keep me away. Instead Sureysh reminds us that we play Drunkenwell this upcoming week and they are also winless, it’s the perfect opportunity for us to take advantage of a team while their down and get our first win.

I spend my down time trying to arrange my apartment in a way that will please Anna. I buy some air fresheners, wash all the dishes, I even make my bed the day she’s coming. Before I leave for the spaceport I stop by the store and buy diapers, formula, some mushed food for babies. Last time I saw Penni she wasn’t eating food yet. She just started a couple weeks ago and I can’t wait to feed her. I buy every one that looks good. I also grab a bottle of wine. I’m old enough to drink here and so is Anna. If it’s good enough for my mom, it’s good enough for me.

Anna is exasperated to say the least when she gets off her flight. “Take her,” she says handing me Penni. I understand so I take Penni and lead Anna outside to the speeder I had waiting for us. She relaxes a bit when we enter the apartment. “Our own place,” she says. She takes it in. After a while she sits on the bed. “Can I have Penni back now?”

I hand over my daughter and sit next to Anna. We just sit in silence until I have to go to practice. Quickly I show Anna the food I bought and tell her when I’ll be back. It’s our final practice before the game against Druckenwell. We don’t go all out so there won’t be any injuries or lingering soreness on game day. I get back to the apartment just in time to watch a wobbly out of focus performance by my brother, filmed by my sister. I ask Cammie about mom, I don’t mention Geoff. “Mom’s temperamental,” she tells me.

Cammie tells me that she and Ezra convinced mom to let her and Ezra go to Coruscant for the Starkillers game with my Uncle Richard and our cousins. Cammie says she likes to do the things they did when Dad was alive, because it keeps his spirit alive. I wonder what mom is going to do by herself on Sunday. Is she taking advantage of alone time? Or is she spending it with someone? Geoff? I promise not to repeat that thought to Ezra. I tell Cammie that I hope the Starkillers finally get a win. “Me too! Man Ezra just jumped 5 feet in the air to block that shot!”

“I missed it,” I tell her frustrated. Anna and Penni sleep while I talk to Cammie and watch Ezra play. Then Penni wakes up and Anna sleeps some more. I barely get any sleep. I can’t complain, Anna’s been doing this for the better part of 2 months. I try feeding Penni some of the food I bought her and it gets all over the place. She seems to dislike every container I open. Suddenly I hear a voice, “She likes the potatoes.”

I finally get some sleep. Anna and I take Penni to a wildlife reserve on Saturday. When we get back Penni is sleeping so I open the bottle of wine. “Are you sure you should drink the night before a game?”

“Why not? I can’t possibly play worse than I did last week,” I remind her.

“You weren’t that bad, two of those shots should have gone in, three maybe.”

Anna stays up with Penni so I can get sleep before my game. The field feels more complete on game day when I look up into the crowd and see my wife and daughter there to cheer me on. I just hope they have something to cheer for.

Tag: @galactic-vagabond422 (Pirates) @Jedi Gunny (Senators and Thyferra) @Vehn (Druckenwell)

Vehn and Trieste like this.
  4. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Jed Starkrimson
    Evenvale, Bakura

OOC: In which I likely invoke the limmie gods’ wrath forever by using this piece of music before Bardan does. :p

Everything was still.

Jed was suspended, leaning forward on the couch in anticipation. Ronnie was gripping a throw pillow to try to deal with the suspense. Jax’s mouth was half open, a chip half chewed inside his mouth. Cady’s lips were thin, pressed hard together.

On the holoprojector before them, Harle Quinn stood, a loose strand hair wafting ever-so-gently to the side of her face. She didn’t look to have touched up her white face paint, her war markings, at halftime for here and there vertical stripes had faded the pale matte where sweat had trickled down.

Meters away, Regan Stargazer stood on the goal line, watching Quinn to predict her move. The Mercs goalkeeper had been integral to several of their recent championships. What most beings forgot was that Stargazer always had something to play for against the Miners. She had been selected with the Miners’ first round pick in the 283 draft, but traded at that same draft to the Mercs without playing a second for the Miners. It was no wonder Stargazer brought her A game against a team that had disrespected her.

There they were, two Miner first round picks staring each other down. Even Bakura Gardens was relatively quiet. The Miner fans had hushed to allow Quinn to concentrate, bringing the volume level down.

“Quinn waits for the signal from the referee,” the BBC play-by-play announcer informed the viewers at home. She’d been on the receiving end of a foul inside the goal box and had been awarded a penalty kick. “Question here for Quinn is whether to go for a winner in the corner and risk overshooting. If she keeps it on the ground, she’s going to have to fake out Stargazer, get her to guess wrong.” With the score at 4-2 in favor of the Mercs, it was an opportunity the Miners couldn’t afford to lose with under a half to go.

The referee blew her whistle, signalling Quinn was clear to make her kick.

“Quinn moves left--and it’s in!” The Gardens crowd erupted as the four in Evenvale jumped off the couch. “She faked left, kicked right, kept it on the ground, and Stargazer took the bait! Miners take their first lead of the game, 5-4!”

“What a kick,” Jax said with admiration.

“Gutsy to try to fake out Stargazer with the game she’s had,” Cady said.

“I’ll say,” Jed agreed.

“Mercs are going to roar back now. Hope the defense is ready,” Ronnie commented.

The action was so intense that it wasn’t until the Miners had gotten the score up to 15-5 that Ronnie thought to say, “Jed! You remember anything more about your mystery soulmate?”

Jed’s face fell. That was the only comment that could ruin his mood with the Miners putting in their best game in a long time. He put his head in his hands. “I’ve wracked my brain all week and that’s it. Just that random encounter of me and her drinking whiskey. I don’t even remember all of it.”

“Probably because you double blacked out after that, lightweight,” Cady said. Jax gave her a high five.

Jed decided to ignore that comment. “I don’t know what to do. I mean, clearly she and I connected that night or I wouldn’t have texted Cady.”

“Maybe you should consider going to Nar Shaddaa for the Miners’ game there. You might run into her,” Ronnie suggested helpfully.

“I don’t know. How many beings live on Nar Shaddaa? How would I even find her, even if she’s at the game? Their stadium seats how many hundreds of thousands?” Jed said.

“And that’s a beautiful bar point from Bast Amun to make it 16-5,” the play-by-play announcer said, interrupting their conversation flow. “The Miners have had a beautiful second half here.”

“Lots of credit to Leigh Cavanaugh. She patiently outwaited the Mercs, let Kor’le show her hand, and then made some excellent adjustments to hammer the soft spots in the Mando’ade defense,” the color commentator remarked.

“And Kor’le doesn’t look happy,” the play-by-play caller said as the feed cut to the Mercs’ head coach. “If she could fix this situation with a flamethrower, she absolutely would.”

And then Jed remembered.

Flamethrower.

“Best seven out of nine?”

“Nope, pay up!” Jed said with the confidence only total inebriation brought. He had just landed his fifth vibroaxe closer to the target than his opponent. Why this vibroaxe throwing place had a bar attached and let inebriated beings like Jed participate in a patently dangerous activity was a real puzzler.

“I am not letting you turn my flamethrower on,” the human female in
    beskar’gam said firmly. “I only bet you that because I thought you’d be bad at this.”

“Oh come on, we both know that it’s not even real. See you’ve got your helmet off, so that means you’re not a real Mandalorian. They never take their helmets off,” Jed stated. “That is the way.”

“One, are you mansplaining Mandalorian culture to me?” the human female asked incredulously. “Two, that rule was during a period of persecution of our people when secrecy was of the greatest importance. Three, we abandoned that rule once we reestablished ourselves on Mandalore. Four, it’s ‘this is the way,’ nerfherder. And five, you don’t wanna find out how real this flamethrower is.”

“Oh come on! It doesn’t even look real!” Jed said. “I’ll prove it!” He lunged over and started pressing buttons.

A tongue of flame shot out. It luckily whooshed down the axe-throwing alley instead of singing any of the nearby axe throwers. “WHAT THE FORCE DUDE!” the Mandalorian said as she pounded a button to cut off the stream of death. “I should punch you for touching my weapons, but clearly you’re a
    shab’la porg that doesn’t know better and it’s against my code to break the bones of an idiot! So consider yourself lucky!”

“OK…” Jed admitted, “...but that was the most awesome thing I’ve ever seen.”

“You’re one stupid lothcat to touch a Mandalorian’s flamethrower...or you are the bravest drunken
    ne’kaan I’ve ever met,” she said.

“Definitely the latter. I think,” Jed amended.

And before he knew it, the Mandalorian was kissing him.

“Jed. Jed. I think he’s remembering something!” Ronnie said, growing excited.

Jed blinked his eyes.

“Did you remember something?” Ronnie prompted. “Something about your soulmate?”

“Maybe…” Jed said as he gathered his thoughts.

“What was it?” Jax asked. “Did it involve the meiloorun?”

“I’m not entirely sure who my soulmate is anymore…” Jed admitted, “...because I might have two now.”

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik (whose musings on some things we’ve seen in The Mandalorian were brazenly co-opted for this post)

Runjedirun, Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  5. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    HSN Headlines
    • Excitement and apprehension grows on Bakura in advance of back-to-back meetings with league-leading Carratos Pirates
    • Home game at Bakura Gardens will mark the first time Leigh Cavanaugh has faced the Pirates in a limmie situation
    • Cavanaugh: "I've been looking forward to these games since the schedule was announced. This will be a good test of the team, especially with the Pirates coming in undefeated."
      • On whether the Pirates will have an advantage against the Miners given Cavanaugh's history with them: "That lightsaber cuts both ways. The truth is that there aren't a lot of secrets in what either team does. We play hard and the team that wants it more wins."
    • BBC Sports analyst: "With the Miners finally getting some traction on the pitch, these games could determine how the rest of the season goes. Take both and they're likely in the driver's seat for the Commissioner's Trophy. Lose both and the playoffs may be beyond their reach. Split them...well, then they're looking at the same pressures going into the Ralltiir back-to-back."
    TAG: @galactic-vagabond422

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  6. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"Past the half way mark of the college limmie regular season, and Chandrilla A&M just keeps on winning..."

"Last year's champions looking like the year's champs."

"Meanwhile expect a new number two in the galaxy as number three University of Kashyyyk defeated rival Wookiee Forrest Institute 22-10, which was the number four team."

"That game was kind of a disappointment after all the hype leading up to it."

"Meanwhile in the BAK10, Prytis College of Natural Sciences keeps on winning too."

"They might end up crashing the playoff party when all is said and done."

"I can see @Trieste smiling from here."

"Sets up a big game next week against Tiarest."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

TAG: no one/everyone

HSN Top 25 after Week Four (LW)

1. Chandrila A&M University (1)
    2. University of Kashyyyk (3)
    3. Cloud City University, Bespin (5)
    4. University of Csilla (2)
    5. The Ord Sabaok University (6)
    6. Wookiee Forrest Institute (4)
    7. Nessem University (7)
    8. Vertical City University, Nar Shaddaa (8)
    9. Coruscant Polytechnic Institute (9)
    10. Keldabe Military Institute, Mandalore (10)
    11. Zehava College, Melida/Daan (14)
    12. Gilles College (13)
    13. Eriadu Technical Institute (15)
    14. Consortium Technical School (17)
    15. Republican University (11)
    16. Prytis College of Natural Sciences (19)
    17. University of Bison (12)
    18. Tiarest University (23)
    19. Ralltiir University (16)
    20. Garqi State University (18)
    21. University of Rattatak (24)
    22. Concord War College (25)
    23. Grand Vulptur System University (21)
    24. University of Sanbra (20)
    25. Yag'dhul A&M (22)

Trieste likes this.
  7. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Iris Copin
    Carratos

Iris woke up before Peggles, it was still a few days before the game against the Starkillers, the 'Can't Buy Glory' game. It seemed just a little silly to her, much like the Jar of Dirt game, but it didn't really matter. She needed to win this game and the next one, and the next one. They were undefeated, only two games in, but that was still something. This was a good start, but they needed more. They needed to keep going to keep riding this wave all the way to the playoffs maybe even the finals. It wasn't going to be a cake walk, she knew this. She wasn't a rookie anymore she knew the work it was going to take to get there.

And with this contract storm swirling she needed to put her best foot forward. Rho was setting up meetings in the background, the news getting 'leaked' to the press. Many names had been thrown around. The threat very clear to Schnitt, there were teams that wanted Iris, that would pay to have her on their team. The player shook her head going through a warm up. All she needed to do was give her best, to do her best. That meant keeping herself ready, keeping herself fit and ready for the game at every moment.

Her morning workout was longer than normal, giving her only enough time to shower and go to practice. She could hear Pej in the kitchen, smell the breakfast he was cooking, but there wasn't time, she had to leave.

"Bye Peggles," She said dashing to the door, "see you later."

"Breakfast is nearly ready." Pej stated looking up from the stove.

"I've got to go, don't want to be late for practice."

"You don't want to go on an empty stomach."

"I'll get something there it will be fine." She checked her chrono, she really had to go.

"Love you." Pej replied just catching her eye as she opened the door. She could see just a flicker of pain, a bit of disappointment as she left him still holding a frying pan. It hurt her a little too, but these were sacrifices that had to be made.

"Love you too." Iris smiled a little adjusting her bag on her shoulder everything would be fine, they just needed to get through this season.

Turning and leaving she caught a taxi and made her way to the Colosseum paying the driver very well to get her there quickly. She arrived just in time, going over the game plan, listening to Coach Manx-Sandin as he laid out the strategy, the plan he'd put together to hopefully win against the Starkillers.

Though he came up with the plan it was on them to execute it, it was on her. She listened intently soaking in every word. After that, they ran through their drills, scrimmaged, and conditioned, a regular day. Except Iris stayed behind, getting in a few more hours of shooting drills, it was just a little, making sure her shot was sharp, that her mechanics were perfected.

She returned home, seeing a plate of cold dinner on the table and Pej no where to be seen. Had it really gotten that late? Just another sacrifice. Reheating dinner she looked out the window out onto the city with it's lines of speeders and bright lights at the center. There was something hypnotic about just watching the traffic flow by, to seeing the glittering of downtown in the distance, or maybe she was just tired. It had been a long day.

Sitting at the table she noticed how quiet it was, all she could hear was only her own motions, the sound of utensils against the plate, her own chewing. Usually Pej would be talking about one of his projects, or she would be telling him about her day. Now it was just eerily silent. It made her feel weird, cold, and strange. It felt wrong, uncomfortable not hearing his voice, not feeling his hands around hers. She finished up dinner and crawled into bed to find Pej already asleep. She tried to snuggle into him but he was fully asleep. Yet another thing she missed.

Ralltiir

It was another tough game, pushing Iris and her team to their limit. The Starkillers didn't make it easy, they fought just as hard, with Whiskey playing hard defense against the Pirate offense. They pushed it to overtime, with the Pirates just getting the lead with a desperate goal, her extra shooting drills were paying off. All the extra conditioning paying off as well, giving her the drive to keep going late into the game, not losing steam as the game dragged on.

The hard work paid off, and now she got to reap the rewards. They all gathered around the lunch pail smiling as they took a large bite out of the sandwiches provided. The holo was displayed for all to see. After a long game it was just what some of them needed. Sugar and protein, Iris did feel just a little re-energized, but they didn't taste like the sandwiches her father would make her for lunch and Limmie camp. It most certainly didn't taste like the ones Pej would make for her when she had a craving for them. It was nice, and tasted good, but it wasn't what she was expecting.

She got home again late, not getting any sleep on the shuttle back to Carratos. The apartment was cold and quiet. Pej was on the couch passed out a datapad glowing on his lap. He must have been waiting up for her, and for so long that he just fell asleep. She grabbed a blanket and put it around him. Taking a moment she sat next to him resting her head against his chest curled up on the couch next to him. He didn't wake, didn't even stir. It felt empty, feeling his warmth against her, hearing his heartbeat and her head rising and falling with his breath. But, he wasn't awake, he couldn't tell her he loved her, couldn't give her a light kiss as she drifted off to sleep.

Just another sacrifice.

TAG: @Runjedirun

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus potential this week for Bakura, Carratos, Mando'ade, and Ralltiir.

296 Week 4 Results
    Carratos Pirates at Bakura Miners (4-35)
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Coruscant Senators (8-0)
    Mando’ade Mercs at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers (1-3)

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 @Jedi Gunny @Runjedirun @Vehn

Vehn likes this.
  9. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for: Atzerri (28), Tatooine (38), and Concordia (28)

Week Three Results
    Thyferra Force @ Cantonica Golden Knights (13-12)
    Concordia Crusaders @ Atzerri Bandits (15-5)
    Druckenwell Marksmen @ Tatooine Sandskimmers (22-37)

Tags: @Jedi Gunny @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 @Vehn

Trieste likes this.
  10. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009

IC: Wes Rian
    267 ABY
    Nar Shaddaa

Wes extended his hand to his bride and the two gently took to one another in a sweeping dance across the floor. He had never felt so completely in love in all of his life. She was a good fit for him. Kept him honest and on his toes. It helped that she also happened to be a Nar Shaddaa Smuggler fan as well.

Wes smiled as he gently kissed his wife thinking that in just a week they'd be watching the Galactic Cup Final between the Nadiem Chiefs and the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers on Euceron. He'd saved every single bit of his check to get those tickets. Took whatever shift he could scrum around for with the goal of surprising her tonight after the wedding.

"You look beautiful tonight," Wes remembered saying, "the most beautiful woman in the entire galaxy."

Six years later Wes was saying something completely different as he signed his divorce papers.

Present Day
    The Cutting Edge

"This song again," Lars Steelhead groaned as he downed another beer.

"Played at my wedding," Wes grumbled as he ran a hand through grizzled, grey, stubble.

"I'm sorry," Lars said with a wry grin.

"Me too," Wes replied, "in more ways than one."

"Heck of an opener against Ralltiir," Lars said, "Niall played lights out."

"Yes he did," Wes said as he finished his beer and requested another, "glad he's living the life."

"What do you mean?" Lars asked.

"Nothing," Wes grumbled.

"Hey man, tell me," Lars insisted.

"New shift supervisor is riding my rear," Wes said, "doesn't even udnerstand the challenges of the job. Doesn't understand how to weld. Doesn't even understand me."

"He's new, give him a chance," Lars replied.

"How long of a chance? Until he kills someone?" Wes questioned.

"Hey it was just a suggestion," Lars replied.

"Had enough of other people's suggestions," Wes said.

"You catch the game last night against the Mercs?" Lars said switching gears. Limmie was always their safe topic. Their safety zone.

"Yeah, hell of a win, I wasn't sure Ripley was going to make the stop," Wes said as he downed another drink. "I don't know if I can carry on, Lars. I'm getting older, I'm not as into this entire thing as I used to be."

"What thing?" Lars pressed.

"My life," Wes grumbled.

"Hey, you telling me you're contemplating suicide?" Lars asked.

"No," Wes shook his head, "nothing like that. No, I just mean that I'm at this point where I'm just done."

"I think that's the drink talking," Lars said as he put on his jacket, "let's go for a walk."

"I can barely think," Wes said as he paid his way, "much less walk."

"It'll be good for ya," Lars said, "nothing like the fresh smell of garbage to remind you that you're alive."

"If you say so," Wes said.

Tag: No one in particular ;)

Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Evenvale, Bakura

“Guys, this is it!” Jed insisted.

“Nope, I don’t believe it. No way,” Cady replied.

“Think about it!” Jed pleaded. “It makes so much sense!”

“There’s no way she’d be into it,” Ronnie said. “For one, there’s the other lady to consider.”

“That’s the beauty of it! The two of them, tag teaming here? It’d be amazing.”

Jax came through the door with a six pack and some chips after a dash for a halftime snack run. “Are we still talking about Jed’s mystery soulmates? Does Jed think he can date both of them at once? Have we figured out what the meiloorun fruit has to do with any of it? Did one of the women give him the meiloorun fruit as proof of her undying love? Is it actually a Mandalorian courting ritual?”

“What? No!” Ronnie exclaimed. “Why would we be talking about that? We’re talking about something even more important!”

“What’s that?”

“Whether Iris Copin is going to leave the Pirates to join the Miners next season,” Jed said, “and she 100% is.”

“And Jed is 100% crazy for thinking that the Pirates are going to let their franchise player walk,” Cady scolded. “Not in a zillion years.”

“And definitely not with Quinn sitting in her position right now,” Ronnie followed up. “Even in bad years she’s the one good thing going for the Miners offensively.”

“But look at what Iris is doing! She’s holding out in contract negotiations. Her mentor, the player she idolized, is coaching the Miners. I bet Cavanaugh wants her to come here and Iris wants to come,” Jed argued.

“Cavanaugh’s way too principled to poach a player from her old team, especially while she’s under contract. That’s tampering, punishable by fines and penalties by the League,” Ronnie said. “Think about it from the other side: if Alana Glencross became the head coach of the Starkillers and she started lobbying Harle Quinn to come to Ralltiir, you’d flip out.”

“I’d be OK with that,” Cady, the Starkillers fan, offered.

Everyone ignored her in the heat of the argument. “I’m not saying that Cavanaugh’s lobbying,” Jed returned. “I’m just saying that I think everyone involved wants it.”

“Iris is a pirate through and through,” Ronnie pressed. “I mean, everybody forgets that her dad was a head coach for the Pirates.”

“I knew that,” Jed said.

“OK, cool,” Ronnie said, “but--”

“Wait,” Jed cut in. “I knew that.”

“Everybody forgets that her Dad was a head coach for the Pirates. Yeah, he didn’t win a Galactic Cup with them, but Geoff Copin was still awesome. Did you know he was an attorney before he started coaching limmie?”

“Everybody knew that!” a drunk Jed said.

“They did? I mean, you did? Or wait, you do?” the human female in the Carratos Pirates t-shirt said in confusion. Drunk Jed had somehow thrown her knowledge of the Basic language into question.

“Yeah! I mean, how could you forget the attorney who argued before the Republican High Court in favor of interspecies marriage?”

“That was the
    Loving case, a holo about events thousands of years ago.”

“That’s a good name for a case like that,” Jed observed.

“I know, right?” the Pirates fan said with enthusiasm.

“But Ok, he was the attorney in Gramer v. Gramer.”

“Also a holo.”

“He was definitely the attorney who argued for
    My Cousin Winnie.”

“Are you even listening to yourself right now?” the Pirates fan asked. “That’s not even the name of a court case! And
    Winnie was the name of the attorney!”

“I rest my case,” Jed said drunkenly.

“At least you agree that Geoff Copin was a good coach,” the Pirates fan sighed.

“Oh, he was a terrible coach. Great attorney though. Hey, remind me what you do again?”

She slapped her forehead in disbelief and frustration. “Oh my Maker.”

“Docket number 6625-A-3326,” another being suddenly announced, cutting into their conversation.

“I’m your attorney!” the Pirates fan exclaimed, dragging Jed behind her.

“Guys! I just remembered something super important!” Jed shouted.

“Not now Jed!” everyone shouted back.

“But--”

“We don’t care what rando woman you just remembered,” Ronnie said. “The Miners are on a tear against the Pirates!”

“Yeah, we usually get smacked down by them. This is so fun to watch!” Jax said.

It was true. The league-leaders were crumpling against the Miners on both ends of the field. After a rough first week, the defense had turned into a juggernaut. The presence of Bree Veers, formerly exiled by Cundertol to Bespin, was noticeable alongside the stalwart Penn. Veers played differently after her time as a Sky Captain. It was a little flashier, less restrained--and a lot of fun to watch. Kryss Footprint, a usually unheralded player, had the responsibility for Iris. That would have been disaster--if she hadn’t been backed up by Bree Veers. It was Veers’ work that keeping the star Pirate in check today.

The assistant captain had been quoted after last week’s win when asked how they’d defeated the Mercs as saying: “We go higher, faster, further, more.” Several Miner fans had brought signs with those four descriptors on them. It was certainly going to be bulletin board material for every team now, but for now it was proving true.

“Hey, I don’t mean to rain on everyone’s parade, but can I ask a favor?” Cady suddenly interjected.

“What?”

“Can we put the Starkillers game on? They’re up 3-0 on the Senators and I kind of want to see what happens,” Cady said.

“Oh yeah,” Ronnie said immediately flipping the channel.

They had the best of both worlds: they got to see the Starkillers get their first win of the season in shutout fashion. It was 100% a better game for being a limmie fan than the Miners-Pirates game. Close games were always better than runaways and even though the Starkillers won by three scores, it was still thrilling to watch them pull off a win without allowing a single point. It was harder to say who was more excited when the game finished: Cady or her friends (who were excited for her team to get one in the win column).

When they switched back to the Miners game, it was nearly done. The outcome was well-decided but they got to see Cavanaugh and her old teammate and coach, Logan Manx-Sandin, meet in the middle of the field (a mob of press around them to capture the moment for their outlets) for the traditional coach’s handshake. They put their heads close together so no one caught what they said.

That was followed by Cavanaugh and her protege, Iris, embracing--with perhaps even more reporters and cameras pressing in around them. Once again, their words were lost to all but the two.

“What do you think they’re saying to each other?” Jax asked.

“Looking forward to seeing you on Bakura,” Jed said immediately.

Ronnie rolled her eyes. “More like, ‘You lost today, but you don’t have to like it.’”

“Well, I think we know one thing for sure,” Jax said. “It’s going to be a heck of a rematch next week.”

“Oh Sithspit!” Jed realized. “That’s right.”

Everyone shared a look as they realized what this meant. The Miners had just humbled the Pirates in a big way. And now they were going into their house.

“This might get ugly...” Ronnie said.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422 (I’m looking forward to potential ugliness next week!

Vehn and Runjedirun like this.
  12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Commissioner Lokensgaard on the whole league playing the second half of back-to-back games: "This is everything we hoped for when we moved to double round robin"
      • "We get a #1/#2 showdown right off the bat with Cavanaugh's first game back at Arcadia, sure to be must-see limmie"
      • "After a stunning defensive slugfest last week, the Game of Rivals comes back. Given the series history, just about anything could happen"
      • "There's high drama in play as the Starkillers look to build on momentum back home after their first win. Given that the Senators are 2-1 on the road this season, that's going to get interesting"

Bardan_Jusik, Vehn and Runjedirun like this.
  13. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012

IC: Ty Allin Junior

I race up the field to receive an overthrown pass, as I make the catch I hear the crowd roar. It’s impossible, but I swear I hear Anna’s voice among the cheers. I can feel a defender closing in behind me. The goaltender isn’t ready, they think I’m too far out to dare and try to score from here. I’m within range, my range. So I drop the ball to my foot and give it a solid kick. The keeper reacts, too late and dives after my ball is already past them. It hits the net and the crowd explodes. I throw my hands in the air in celebration. It’s only the first goal of the game, but damn it feels good. Our first lead of the season.

After my third score I realize today, I just can’t miss. I am in the zone, I am on fire and no one can stop me. No one except Coach Sureysh who thinks our lead is large enough to rest me with 8 minutes left in the game. As I take a seat I feel something I haven’t felt in three weeks, confidence. It’s like being reunited with an old friend. Suddenly I remember Anna, I look behind me and try to find her above me. There’s too many people in the stands to find her.

After the game I’m pulled aside for an interview, “How does it feel to get your first win?” The reporter asks.

“Great,” I answer.

“What do you think your father would say about your performance?”

“Don’t get cocky,” I answer without hesitation. It was one of his favorite lines after a big win.

“What’s your game plan for next week against the Crusaders?”

“More of the same, go out and score early, tighten up our defense, another win.” I make up the best sounding answer I can on the spur of the moment.

“Thank you,” the reporter says.

“Thank you,” I return before sprinting into the tunnel towards the showers. I can’t wait to smell good again so I can give Anna and Penni a hug.

Anna and Penni are waiting with a security guard just outside the locker room. I look at my data pad, “Just enough time to grab dinner before your flight.” I say.

Anna doesn’t answer, she just looks sad.

“What’s the matter?” I ask.

Anna takes a while to answer. I start to get worried, is she pregnant again? Did someone die? “I don’t want to leave,” she says quietly.

“What do you mean?” Like does she want to grab dinner here at the stadium, cause I’m pretty sure all the concession stands are closed.

“I want to stay with you,” she says looking at the ground.

This is Anna. She’s so afraid I’m going to turn her down that she won’t even look at me. Normally, she’s wrong. Normally, I’d grant her anything she wants. “Don’t you have mid terms coming up?”

She starts to cry, so I try to move us off to the side of the hallway where we won’t be in the way of other players exiting the locker room. “What’s wrong?” I ask.

“I just miss us being together. And I feel like I’m at home here. Ralltiir isn’t the same anymore.”

“Anna,” I say. “I’ll be back in a few months. This isn’t permanent. We’ll get our own house, I’ll play for the Starkillers and you can finish school. Just like we planned.”

“It’s hard without you,” she says.

Man, does this girl know how to make things difficult. “I miss you too. Remember a few days ago? When you didn’t even want to make the trip out here? I thought I was going to have my heart broken. But you came and I’m so glad you did. You’ll come back in a few weeks and after that it’ll almost be the end of the season already.”

I look down in the carrier on Anna’s chest. Penni is sleeping soundly. “Come on,” Anna says. “Better go get dinner before she wakes up.”

It really is hard to say good-bye. That night when I get home to my empty apartment I blast music just to fill the void of Penni’s cries. Then Ezra calls.

“Did you see it?”

“See what?” I ask.

“The Shut Down. Starkillers didn’t allow any points on Coruscant. Churb had a perfect game.”

“I heard about it, saw some highlights,” I say.

“It was the best,” Ezra says. “Wish you were going to be here next week for the rematch. Games aren’t the same without you.”

“Speaking of games, did you see mine?” Not to brag, but I had a pretty good game.

“On the flight home, how many goals did you score? I lost count.” He teases.

“Seven,” I answer just cause it feels good.

“Dad would have loved it,” Ezra says. Before I can get a word in he goes on. “I applied to Republican, early decision.”

“You applied a whole year ahead of time?” I ask confused.

“No, I’m thinking about going next year. I won’t qualify for Limmie cause my age, but I could get a jump on my academics and graduate early. So I can join the ELL before I’m an old man.”

Ezra is out of his mind. I bet he didn’t tell any adults about this. “Please tell mom before you send out that application,” I plead.

“Too late,” he says.

“She’s gonna flip,” this all seems very selfish on Ezra’s part.

“I’m wasting my time on high school next year,” he complains. “Besides mom has Geoff now, she doesn’t need me.”

It suddenly feels like a week ago that I won the biggest game of my career, not just a few hours ago. I don’t want to argue with my 16 year old brother about the benefits of living at home and not rushing into adulthood. Ezra just turned 16 a week ago. What evidence does he have that mom and Geoff have any type of relationship? I mean anything is possible, but I’m pretty sure it’s all in his head. “How are you going to stay sharp as a keeper if you’re attending college on another planet?” I ask hoping to change his mind.

“They have rec leagues all over Coruscant. Good ones. They’ll all be begging for me to play,” he says confidently.

“And who’s going to pay for you to play in a rec league?” I’m running out of options fast.

“Mom will pay, or Uncle Richard, someone caves eventually, they always do,” he shrugs.

And he’s right. “Be careful,” I tell him. “Mom’s still hurting as much of the rest of us. You should tell her before your acceptance letter comes,” because let’s face it Ezra is an honors student and an All Raltiirian athlete. He’ll get accepted.

“When the time is right,” he says. “I better try and get some sleep.”

I text Anna. I want to ask her if she thinks anything is going on between mom and Geoff, but Anna is probably sleeping on the flight, because I don’t get a reply. I turn my music back on, not as loud now, just enough to listen to as I fall asleep.

The next morning at breakfast I chat with Anna. No, not chatting. I listen to Anna vent about her flight, which is almost over. I have to go to practice before she lands.

Days later I’m trying to pack for Concordia and Anna is finally in a better mood. “So,” I say cautiously. “Ezra says my mom is showing interest in Geoff. You know anything about that?”

“Oh, they’re a full blown item.” She says.

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I guess,” she pauses. She feels bad now, and suddenly I feel bad. “I just didn’t know how to tell you.”

“It’s okay,” I assure her. “So are they just openly affectionate with each other?” I want details.

“No, they think they are hiding it, to protect your siblings, but it’s obvious.”

I tell Anna Ezra’s plan to go to college early next year. I listen to her grumble about having to memorize star names that are already programmed into computers. Sometimes I feel like I’m missing out, not going to college. Then I look over at my warm ups and duffle ready to go for morning. I am professional athlete. Everyone wants to be me. It feels pretty damn good to be me.

Tags: @Jedi Gunny (for Senators) @Vehn (for Druckenwell) @Bardan_Jusik (for Crusaders)

Trieste likes this.
  14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a cold and frosty Taungsday afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz over on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh boy do we have a lot to talk about today."

"I have a bad feeling about this."

"Yeah you and everyone else after the Mercs lose 3-1 in The Game of Rivals..."

"Part One."

"...and now fall to one and three on the young..."

"Not so young we're like halfway through now."

"...season."

"Second week in a row Mercs held to single digits"

"This time a shutdown in what was a winnable game for them."

"Yeah, only gave up three on the other end, but when the offense is as bad as they are right now, three, and I can't believe it's just three, but three is enough."

"Yeah you have to beat a team when you hold them to just three points, but the Mercs couldn't do it."

"Makes next week, Part two of The Game of Rivals a must win don't you think?"

"Oh yeah, for sure. Mercs sitting at one and three, they need a win here if they are going to have any shot at a post season berth."

"Agreed, a loss and they might as well start getting ready for the draft."

"Or the trade deadline, there have to be a couple of pieces here that would be desirable to contending teams."

"Stargazer for sure, maybe Kol or Bos'a..."

"Just when is the trade deadline anyway @Trieste ?"

"On the bright side, it was a defensive brawl like we've come to expect from these two teams, Mercs just didn't have enough."

"Maybe they will next week..."

"Yeah, everyone gets a rematch next week, will be interesting to see who holds serve to sweep their season series and which teams manage to earn a split."

"...but after the last two weeks I'm not holding my breath."

TAG: @Vehn

Vehn, Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"Still no losses for number one Chandrilla A&M as the season starts to wind down, but that doesn't mean they will stay number one..."

"No way they get dethroned without a loss."

"...as Cloud City makes their case following a huge 36-2 win..."

"I mean maybe the Barons take over the number two spot."

"Even with another Kashyyyk win?"

"They struggled against a bad Trandoshan team."

"While VCU will probably drop out of the top ten after a tough loss."

"Still in the playoff hunt."

"Of course the big game this week was Tiarest against Prytis College of Natural Sciences and the Burgundy came out on top..."

"No surprise there, Rangers just aren't really an elite limmie program."

"Didn't you say earlier they might be a playoff team?"

"I have no recollection of that event."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

HSN Top 25 after Week Five (LW)

2. Cloud City University, Bespin (3)
    3. University of Kashyyyk (2)
    4. University of Csilla (4)
    5. The Ord Sabaok University (5)
    6. Nessem University (7)
    7. Wookiee Forrest Institute (6)
    8. Coruscant Polytechnic Institute (9)
    9. Keldabe Military Institute, Mandalore (10)
    10. Gilles College (12)
    11. Consortium Technical School (14)
    12. Vertical City University, Nar Shaddaa (8)
    13. Zehava College, Melida/Daan (11)
    14. Eriadu Technical institute (13)
    15. Tiarest University (18)
    16. University of Bison (17)
    17. Republican University (15)
    18. Prytis College of Natural Sciences (16)
    19. Garqi State University (20)
    20. Concord War College (22)
    21. Ralltiir University (19)
    22. Grand Vulptur System University (23)
    23. UB Salis D'aar (NR)
    24. University of Kamino (NR)
    25. University of Rattatak (21)

16. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Iris Copin
    Bakura

Iris flattened out her slacks and straightened her blazer. It was hers this time, Rho took her shopping during their first meeting. Something about looking professional during important meetings. Though she never expected to be taking this meeting. A meeting with another team, about her future, a future that might not involve the Pirates. She was nervous, she'd left early before the team telling only Coach Manx-Sandin that she was going. Though she didn't tell him why she was leaving early, on the other hand she was certain he could tell.

Rho said that she reached out to Dionne and that the GM accepted this meeting, that Leigh was not involved. It did little to quell the butterflies in her stomach. It had been years since she played on the same field as the Pirates legend and now Hall of Famer, yet she still felt nervous. She wondered what it would be like to be coached by her, to work with her again. Part of her could almost see herself in blue and gold, almost. Deep in her heart she could still feel her loyalty to the team she grew up watching, her first love. Though did she love the team or just Leigh?

It was another question, she loved Leigh and looked up to her. She never had her loyalties tested, Leigh never left the team that selected her, the team that gave her a shot, that dragged them to two galactic cups. It was only after Iris joined the Pirates took them to one Cup, that Leigh chose to join the Miners as their coach. Did that mean her loyalties were always divided? Or was she just making the best choice for her? She was still in her thoughts when the door opened Iris's head snapped up to see Leigh stepping through.

"Oh, hey little Copin, I mean Ms. Copin."

"Hey Leigh...I mean Ms. Cavaugh." They both look away so used to being personal it was hard to turn it off and be professional.

"Leigh Darling." Rho piped up, the pantoran rose taking the limmie coach by the shoulders and kissing both cheeks in greeting."How have you been."

"I've been well Rho. This was a lot different from when I was playing. After that first game I really had to work hard and figure out what I was doing." The older woman took a seat on the other side of the table from the player and her agent. "Just glad I was able to take it to the Mercs." She said smiling a little. It had been a thing to watch, seeing the Miners play against the Mercs. "I won't say my old Pirates mentality slipped in.

"Beat the Mercs...nothing else matters." Iris said quietly looking at the table.

"Preach, sister," Shay Dionne said, entering the room with a smile. "Conferences might come and go, but some things are eternal." The general manager indicated for everyone to sit. "Though I'm sure everyone knows, for the sake of the record allow me to state that this meeting is solely a discussion about levels of interest."

"Just getting current thinking out there," Leigh said.

"There's a contract expiring on the half back line at the end of this season," Dionne stated, "and our blue chip pipeline is empty. We either renew or we have the opportunity to bring in talent."

Iris nodded her head, this was just exploring the possibilities seeing where everyone was. She wasn't committing to anything yet. She sat down when indicated though her eyes did find Leigh right away before looking back down.

"And you have quite the talent before you." Rho started that sharp smile on her face. "Ingbrand award winner, Salbukk award winner, Numifolis award winner, and of course this little thing called the Galactic Cup." Iris looked away hearing all her accolades, though those only came in her first two years in the league. "Though you do seem to have some talent in your front 6, a Ms. Quinn I believe?" The question was in the open, how serious were they about Iris with their own star at the same position. "My client is looking for the best deal, on a good team. While the Miners weren't really on our list..." The pantoran's gaze shifted to Leigh, "But certain changes in management and play have put you on our sensors." Slowly Iris picked her head up, she couldn't just be a wallflower.

"I'm a starter, I won't come off the bench..." She piped up following up after Rho's mention of Quinn. "I've worked too hard to just sit on the bench."

"I think what she's saying is...given your current personnel what changes would you be willing to make to your starting lineup?"

"Speaking in generalities, there are two things you don't do: sign a high skilled player and stick them somewhere they're going to fail and put highly paid players on the bench. That's not how you run a limmie team," Dionne said. She looked at Cavanaugh to invite her to opine.

"Agreed. Anyone with those qualifications would be a starter on my team at their natural position," Leigh confirmed.

"So when Fu Arock comes out of retirement, we'll be signing him as our new starting Full Forward," Dionne joked.

"Not on my team you're not," Leigh growled.

Dionne put up a hand to concede the point. "We think, with the right partner on her right, Quinn could be at Center Half Forward. She's not wedded to being on the right."

"Our focus is on winning Galactic Cups, not turf wars," Leigh said, unironically. "Everyone on the Miners knows that if you're not part of making that happen, you're not going to be part of this team. Everyone knows they do what's asked, not be stubborn. Hallie Kendrick played Full Back at Ralltiir U. She's a corner back on our team. And when it comes to Quinn, I sat down with every veteran when I took this job. She loves this team, always has." Her eyes looked at Iris piercingly, knowing she knew what that was like. "Public persona aside, she's not here to be a prima dona. The Galactic Cup comes first, and that means the team comes first. If that means moving because of landing the biggest free agent of the decade, she's going to be on board."

"She's just crazy enough that it might work," Dionne said, before clarifying, "Quinn, not Leigh."

"Yes quite." Rho said a slight smile on her face, one fear had been asauged, Iris lived to fly in from the right wing her style was tailored for crashing in and pulling the defense toward her. Rho knew this, to be an agent for a Limmie player meant understanding how each on played and finding the best place for them.

"On that note of winning." Rho picked up, "What assurances do we have that this team would be Cup bound in say 2-3 years? Things have been a little stagnant at our previous organization." Iris looked away, "Bit of always a bridesmaid never the bride...five trips to the playoffs only one Cup win. Never placing well enough in the draft to get good players and Carratos isn't exactly a destination for good talent either. Cray will likely be gone at the end of this year and the rookie in his place currently is...not sufficient to support Iris."

"Fysen is doing her best, not her fault she's been thrown into the fire." Iris piped up for her rookie center half forward. "We're still undefeated coming into this next game."

"Yes," Rho's smile deepened, "Borne on your back dear, you've always carried this team and now without all the veterans that helped in 283, we're floundering."

"I won't say when we'll win," Leigh spoke locking eyes with Iris. "But having you on the team would be a huge push in the right direction. And with Quinn taking up the center defenses will be overwhelmed. Do they let the wrecking ball swing in from the right or do they let the wild card fly down the center. It will be a headache for any team to guard."

"Well that is good for offense, but as the Mandalorians say, defense wins championships. The Pirates have boasted a top flight defense."

"Not last year." Leigh shot back, "Last in the league in points allowed. It was only your 2nd best offense that kept you in the playoffs."

"Only serves to drive my point home, even a supercharged offense can't make up for a weak defense."

"We're solid Penn is still anchoring the back field with Veers providing strong support on the left side." Iris turned away slightly she remembered going up against Veers, she was tough and smart. Penn was just strong, and instinctive.

"Yes Penn who is past his 40th lifeday and Veers whose contract is up this year as well. How do we know they will stick around, or be of any use in the short term?"

"The Triestes like three year contracts for most players. They give out longer when they need to lock up talent," Dionne said, forestalling any questions on that front. "Penn and Quinn, Glencross and Pic before them, all got longer deals because they didn't want them to even think of heading elsewhere.

"But to your point about the future, we are allowed to talk new contracts with our own players. Veers is receptive. She has something to prove after how she was treated last year. We're working on a number. As for Penn..." Dionne paused. "...right now his agent-attorney-wife, who happens to be my boss's cousin, is demanding--and I quote--a 'flibberty jillion credits and a lifetime supply of Gummi Ewoks' for a new 15 year contract for him. Don't get any ideas." That bit was directed at Rho. "Long and short of it, he's acting like a being who intends to keep playing. And with the best defense in the League right now, he hasn't shown any signs of slowing down."

"Three year contracts, that's a little short to be keeping talent." Rho commented, "What is your criteria for 'locking up talent'?" The agent asked out of genuine curiosity.

"Think I could get a rider like that?" Iris asked giggling a little looking at Rho.

"What could you want?" Her agent fired right back.

"I don't know, a supply of pink socks...unlimited whipped cream?" Rho arched her brow a little.

"I think what Ms. Dionne was saying was to not expect the ridiculous." The pantoran replied, "Though on that subject, I have heard rumors of a self imposed salary cap for the Miners...there's no truth to that is there? Must be difficult to keep high class talent, particularly All-Star talent for long."

"There is such a thing as loyalty as well Rho." Leigh replied a smile on her face. Iris looked away a blush on her face. "I didn't mean you Iris." The coach explained. "You're just doing what is right for you. And there is no shame in that. Some beings like staying close to home, or with teammates they like." the young star player looked away again. She didn't hate her teammates, she was good friends with Zara, and Carratos was home for her. "All I'm saying is money isn't the only thing in the galaxy."

"But that doesn't mean you let yourself get paid less than your worth." Rho replied tilting her head a little. "On that subject, not to talk absolute numbers, but what's the level of compensation the Triestes are willing to put forward on this contract?"

Dionne put up a hand. "Someone hears us talking numbers, they might get the wrong idea about the content of this 'speculative' conversation. Let's just say that I've had a general discussion with the Triestes. They're aware that top tier talent requires a top tier payout. When free agency begins, we'll be more than happy to talk hard numbers. And rest assured, there will be a number on day one of free agency."

Rho smiled turning to look at Iris. The player was still looking away still unsure. Though a thought came to her, three years wasn't that long...she could be away for that long, the team could survive without her. That thought didn't help much the pit only grew deeper as she realized that she was rationalizing, that she was trying to make it ok, trying to weasel her way to working with Leigh again.

"Well, I think that should be enough, good to know where we stand." Rho stood up offering her hand to Dionne and Leigh. Dionne shook Rho and Iris's hand in a professional manner. Leigh took Rho's had and when Iris when to shake Leigh's hand the older woman pulled her into a hug.

"See you on the pitch Little Copin."

-----

Bakura Gardens

The game was rough the Pirates getting buried in a landslide it was like they had a cheat code just scoring at will on the defense, and the offense was stymied. Even Iris couldn't get much traction only scoring a single goal and the rookie Sy being able to put the ball over the bar from a bad angle, but it was just a drop in the ocean. It was a terrible loss and with rumors already spreading that she took a meeting with Miner's management, it would be even worse for her. At the middle of the field Leigh shook Logan's hand Iris squinted a little, but couldn't see or hear what they said. She assumed it would just be words of encouragement, or congratulations.

Then Leigh gestured for Iris to come meet her. Without a second though she walked towards her mentor and idol. Once Iris got close the Hall of Famer pulled her into a deep hug.

"You played hard...don't let this stick to you. You'll bounce back...you always do." Leigh held tighter. "See you next week Little Copin." Iris had to hold back some tears emotion threatening to over take her.

"See you back home Leigh." Iris replied.

"It's going to be quite the Homecoming."

TAG: @Trieste (Who I combo'd with on this post for the meeting between Iris, Dionne, Leigh and Rho.)

17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus potential for Bakura, Carratos, Mando'ade, Nar Shaddaa, and Ralltiir.

Week 5
    Bakura Miners at Carratos Pirates (28-11)
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Mando’ade Mercs (11-13)
    Coruscant Senators at Ralltiir Starkillers (10-18)

Vehn likes this.
  18. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for: Druckenwell (28), Atzerri (28), Tatooine (38), and Concordia (28)

Week Four Results
    Druckenwell Marksmen @ Thyferra Force (7-11)
    Tatooine Sandskimmers @ Concordia Crusaders (35-10)
    Atzerri Bandits @ Cantonica Golden Knights (19-19) (OT19-22)

Tags: @Vehn @Jedi Gunny @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a cloudy and cold Victory afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz over on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

"Mercs needed that one."

"You can say that again."

"Mercs needed that one."

"Didn't you just....?"

"Wait for it."

"Oh yeah...I get it."

"Yikes."

"Yikes is what we would all be saying had the Mercs lost that one, but they didn't and somehow managed to reel in a 13to 11 win over the Strugglers, meaning they are now tied with their rivals at two and three..."

"Along with over half the league."

"...at the midway point of the season."

"Might have saved their season with that one, nothing assured of course..."

"Not when you have a four way tie for third place."

"...but a loss there would have sunk them."

"Yeah, now you have the Miners firmly in control with the Pirates..."

"I still hate those guys."

"...right behind them."

"Carratos will have to pass Bakura now though, a tie in the standings does them no good because the Miners won both head to head match ups."

"Yeah, rematch weekend didn't treat the losers from last week too kindly as only the Mercs actually managed to exact any sort of revenge, both of the other losing teams fro last week lost this week as well."

"Which of course sets up that four way tie that Kitterich keeps mentioning at two and three for everyone not named the Miners or Pirates."

"Still just halfway through the season now, so everyone is still in it..."

"Which means anything can..."

"Which in this game means will."

"...happen."

TAG: @Vehn

20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Evenvale, Bakura

“Man, Leigh Cavanaugh really is the pirate queen,” Jed said, marveling at what he was watching on the holoprojector.

It was the Cavanaughs’s homecoming game to her old stadium and her former team had welcomed her back with class and style. During a break in play, the BBC had shown that when Leigh had come out of the tunnel after the Miners to start the game, she’d been greeted by what the broadcasters explained was the old Black Spot anthem for their Hall of Famer, “Roll Cavanaugh Roll.”

“That’s a rollicking stadium song,” Jax said with admiration.

“Might even be better suited to a stadium crowd than some of the Miners’,” Ronnie said.

“No way it’s better than Molly Malone. That ‘alive, alive-oh’ is the best,” Jed objected.

For Leigh’s entrance, the Pirates had made a point of putting a montage of Leigh’s greatest moments, making sure to prominently feature her Galactic Cup-clinching interception from the ‘83 Final against the Miners (from every angle available, no less). Leigh had greeted the cheers, song, and clips with a wave to every corner of the stadium. She might be on the opposing side, but it was clear she didn’t forget where she came from.

When it came to the plan on the field, it looked like Leigh had never left Arcadia. The Miners picked up right where they’d left off at the Gardens with blistering, hard play on offense. It was trademark Cavanaugh play, hard and gritty.

The Pirates had used the week to find some holes in the defense. As a result, it was the first time in four weeks the Miners had given up double digit points, but it looked like that would be far from enough for the Pirates to prevail today.

“This feels like a turning point,” Jax said. “I mean, for so long the Pirates had our number, all the way back to ‘83.”

“And if this holds, we’re going to own the tiebreak with them. That could be huge,” Jed said.

There was a chime at the door, interrupting their concentration on the game. Jed got up from the couch to answer since they were at his apartment this week. When the door slid open, he found a delivery droid waiting for him.

“Jed Starkrimson?” the droid asked.

“Yes?”

The droid extended an arm with a pouch. “Delivery.”

“Like we couldn’t have figured that out,” Jax groused from the couch without looking. He was one of the Bakurans who still didn’t like droids.

“Whatcha got?” Cady asked when Jed came back to the couch.

“Let’s find out,” Jed said, opening the pouch. Inside was a bunch of flimsi. The top sheet read: CORUSCANT PLANETARY COURT: PEOPLE V. STARKRIMSON, NOTICE OF EXPUNGEMENT.

“So that’s it?” Jed asked.

“That’s it,” the human female in the Pirates t-shirt said as they walked out of court. Well, if Jed could said to be walking given the list to his gait.

“I’m not going to jail?”

“You’re not going to jail, you’re not paying any fines, and it’ll be removed from your record, though why I even bothered since you
    stole Leigh Cavanaugh from us is beyond me,” she said.

“And I owe you…?” Jed asked.

“It was
    pro bono.”

“I have a lot of bones, but I can’t give you any. I’m pretty attached to them.”

The Pirates fan sighed.

“Get it? ‘Attached to them’?” Jed said, needlessly explaining his bad joke.

Pro bono means I did it for free.” Apparently the attorney didn’t trust that, beneath the joke, Jed knew what the term meant. “I’ll file it with my law firm and we’ll get a tax deduction for it. Or something like that.”

“And remind me what I was charged with?” Jed asked, lest his attorney forget he was totally soused.

“Drunk and disorderly conduct, assault.”

“Hey! Wanna get a drink?” he asked with the enthusiasm that only came from too much alcohol. “Or would that be
    anti bono?”

“That’s not how that works, but I could definitely use a drink after defending you,” his lawyer said. “Come on, there’s always a bar near a courthouse.”

“OK, embarrassing question,” Jed said as he was handed a drink he absolutely didn’t need. “I don’t know your name.”

“Oh my gosh are you that drunk? I said it in court!” the attorney said as she received her Carratosian rum, paid for by her client. “And how are you still being served alcohol?!”

“What happens on Coruscant stays on Coruscant baby!” Jed shouted, rising from his barstool.

“Pipe down or you’re going to get arrested again and I have a strict one-arraingment-per-defendant-per-day policy,” she said, pulling Jed back down. “Also, that’s not the saying. But my name is Courtney.”

“Courtney the attorney. Hey, that rhymes!”

“Yeah, I know,” Courtney sighed. Apparently this wasn’t the first time someone had brought it up.

“So why did you take my case?” Jed asked

“Seriously--do you not remember anything that’s happened?”

“Nope!” Jed said in happy inebriation.

Courtney patted his hand. “Probably for the best. The reason I took your case was, one, I was on the spot when everything went down; two, if Leigh’s going to be your coach then I guess the Miners and their fans are OK; and, three, consider this an advance apology for when the Pirates destroy the Miners in two straight games later this season.”

“No way. Cavanaugh is going to use all her inside knowledge to turn the Pirates inside out!” Jed declared.

“Ha! When she hears
    Roll Cavanaugh Roll, she’s going to turn misty-eyed and won’t be able to even see the field, let alone coach the team,” Courtney promised.

“Yeah, like talking about a sandwich roll is going to prevent her from being a good coach. I mean, I like a sandwich as much as the next being, but that’s just silly.”

“You don’t know
    Roll Cavanaugh Roll and you hired the great Leigh Cavanaugh as your head coach?” Courtney asked in disbelief. “No. Nuh-uh. This is getting fixed now.” She stood up, cupped her hands around her mouth, and shouted. “HEY PIRATES FANS!

“Oh, we'd be alright if the wind was in our sails”

Jed looked around in confusion as the line got echoed a couple of times from corners of the bar. Courtney and the Pirates fans then launched into:
    “And we’ll roll Cavanaugh along”, also repeated three times. Even in his intoxication, Jed could mostly pick up the lyrics--though there was some mumbling until they got to the hearty “roll”s. However he was more than up for “A night on the town wouldn’t do us any harm,” going so far as to put his arm around Courtney, who rolled her eyes as she sang. She was clearly of the opinion that Jed had proven that statement didn’t hold true for him.

The whole bar was into the singing and when they hit the end, everyone applauded.

“That’s the greatest song ever!” Jed shouted. “It’s even better than Molly Malone! Go Pirates!”

The last page of the flimsi packet of legal documents, detailing the dismissal of Jed’s case, was signed:

Another festival wouldn’t do us any harm

Courtney
    XO

“Is it customary for attorneys to sign legal documents with hugs and kisses and suggestive postscripts?” Jax asked.

“Jed...what haven’t you told us…” Ronnie asked accusingly.

“Did you get arrested on Coruscant?” Cady interrogated.

“For stealing a meiloorun fruit?” Jax asked hopefully.

“So...yeah...there was something I remembered last week,” Jed admitted.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422 (who helpfully provided some details about what Leigh’s first game back at the Colosseum would be like)

21. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012

IC: Ty Allin Jr

Last week’s game had been amazing. I knew I could play in this league now. I knew I could compete, but I hadn’t expected to be this good two weeks in a row. There was so much to think about. Like don’t be a ball hog, remember to pass. Where are the defenders? Is my father watching this? I hope he can see me. I wonder what he’d be thinking. I know what he’d be doing whooping and hollering and acting like a fool. The thought propels me to kick one more ball into the net before Coach Sureysh pulls me from the game.

It was early morning on Monday when we got off the shuttle back on Tatooine. Coach Sureysh instructed us to go home and take care of ourselves, practice would resume on Tuesday. I’d watched the Starkillers game on the shuttle. It wasn’t as spectacular as the shut out the week before, but a win nonetheless. Hopefully there was still enough time for the Starkillers to turn their season around. They were still dead last in the standings, but there were four teams with the same 2-3 record so it seemed more than possible. Next week’s game against Bakura would be crucial. Were the Miners for real? They’d been in last place for a few seasons and suddenly they were dominant. Hopefully Teaspoon could expose their weaknesses. I don’t want to be promoted to a rebuild next season. I want to win.

As I moseyed down the dusty street towards home my data pad began to vibrate. My mother. Probably calling to congratulate me on the win. I ducked into a quiet looking alley and took the call. “Hey,” I said.

“Good Morning, offensive player of the week,” my mom says with a smile.

I don’t smile back. I’m thinking about her relationship with Ezra’s body guard, or whatever it is he’s employed to do for my family right now. For a while he’d been almost like a nanny. Transporting us kids to school and practice. Getting us meals. Sometimes staying with us for a weekend so my parents could get away together. That seemed bizarre now. What my father had been dead for less than a year and already he’s making moves on her?

“What’s the matter T.J.?”

“Mom are you having a relationship with Geoff?” I ask flatly. I need to know. I need her to know I know.

“Who told you?”

“Why does it matter?”

“Does Ezra know? Is he upset?”

“You should really ask him, that.” Who’s the adult in this situation anyway?

My mom puts her head in her hands. “I didn’t mean for this to happen. I don’t even know if it will lead to anything. I miss your father every day. I need you to know that.”

“Sure you do,” I say. Not sure if I believe her.

“T.J., Geoff has been a really good friend. An adult I can confide in. Is it any wonder that we’ve grown closer since,” she stops and shrugs. “I don’t know what to say,” she finally relents.

I nod. “I have to go. Be careful.” I add.

“I love you, T.J.”

“I love you too,” I say out of habit. I lean into the building behind me and look up towards the twin suns. “She still loves you,” I say quietly. I’m talking to my dad. I don’t know why, it’s just comforting. Sometimes when I’m alone I have entire conversations with him. “She hasn’t forgotten you. I haven’t either. I remember you all the time. Always remember.”

“You okay?” Apparently I wasn’t speaking quietly enough and someone overhead. A female Twi’lek covered in tattoos.

“Yea, just thinking out loud.” I grip my bag tightly, “I was just leaving.” I say.

As I walk away I look over my shoulder to see the woman unlock the door to a tattoo parlor. The lights turn on inside and an open sign begins to glow in the window. I reach my building and head up the stairs. As I eat breakfast I call Anna. I warn her that there might be a blow up between mom and Ezra.

“You told her!” Anna says in disbelief.

“I tell my mother everything,” I say with a shrug. I tell just about everyone, everything. I just never liked keeping secrets. I hate secrets. I hate sneaking around, I always get caught anyway. Maybe I get it from my mother.

“She just didn’t want to hurt anyone,” Anna says softly.

“What did she think would happen when we found out? We’d be less hurt that she didn’t tell us?” I ask confused.

Anna looks at me. “It’s really none of my business.”

“I wish you had known my father better. He probably would have pranked our wedding,” I think out loud.

“Not sure I would have liked that,” Anna says.

“I miss him. I wish I could hear his feedback on my games so far this year,” I muse.

“I know. Your mom misses him too. You’ll always remember him. Your whole family will,” Anna says kindly.

“I love you,” I say wishing I could hold her right now.

“I love you too,” she says blowing me a kiss.

I blow her a kiss back. We stare at each other for a while. “I gotta hang up now, I have class.” She explains.

“I love you,” I say again.

“Love you,” she says as I watch her finger close in on the button to end the call.

I sit back in my chair and look around my empty apartment. I decide maybe I’ll go for a walk. Without thinking I walk back towards the tattoo parlor. Unconsciously, I think I knew I was going there all along. I open the door and the Twi’lek I saw earlier is sitting behind a table. “Don’t get many celebrities in here,” she says.

I don’t think of myself as a celebrity. I don’t even really know how I think of myself. It’s hard to respond to a greeting like that, so I walk over to a data pad on the wall and start to swipe through some artwork. The Twi’lek gets up from her chair and walks over next to me. “You want a tattoo? “ She asks.

“Something to remember my father,” I explain.

“Ty Allin,” she whistles under her breath. “Now that’s a tall order. I can do a Limmie ball. There’s a guy in here later this week that does better artwork. He could probably do his face if you’d like that.”

“I have practice. Not what I was thinking, anyway.”

“What were you thinking?” She asks.

“Just a phrase. Can you put the words Always Remember on my forearm?” I ask.

“Sure,” she steps closer to the data pad and browses over to some scripts. “In basic?” She asks.

I wasn’t about to get duped into having another language tattooed on my body. How would I even know for sure she got the words right? “Basic.” I confirm.

She brings up several different letter styles. I choose a classic script. “You want to do this right now?” She asks.

“Yes,” I confirm rolling up my sleeve.

“Have a seat,” She takes out a stylus and writes on my arm. “How’s that,” she asks.

“Perfect,” I say. It is, it’s just what I was envisioning.

“Have you gotten a tattoo before?”

“No,” I answer.

“You play Limmie so I trust you aren’t going to cry or anything, but it will hurt.”

An hour later I walk out of the shop with a very sore forearm. I rush home for some painkillers and watch yesterday’s Golden Knights game to start studying for next week. I fall asleep and wake up in the middle of the night My arm still stings, so I take more painkillers. In the morning it’s still bothering me when Anna calls. “Hey,” I say as I answer.

“Hey yourself. Guess what?”

“What?” I ask.

“Penni has a tooth coming in,” she says excitedly. She opens Penni’s mouth and shows me what looks like regular gums. “Right there,” she says pointing.

In order to see better I reach out and bring the data pad closer to me.

“What is that?” I hear Anna ask in surprise. “Did someone sign your arm? Or is that a tattoo? Please tell me you didn’t get a tattoo.”

“What’s wrong with tattoos?” I ask.

“Nothing, I just think you would have told me if you were going to permanently put something on your body.” She looks at me quizzically. “You freakin’ got a tattoo!” She exclaims.

I can’t tell if she’s happy or upset. I display my forearm towards the data pad. She puts Penni down on the floor gently and looks. “Always Remember,” she says. “Well at least it’s not ugly. I actually kinda like it.”

“It’s for my dad. I want to always remember him,” I explain.

“I like it,” she says again. “I’m just surprised.”

“Show me that tooth again,” I request. This time I might see it. Anna and I chat until I have to leave for practice. The trainer who looks me over after games is not happy about the tattoo. He puts a bandage over it and when we practice that afternoon catches are not easy. I don’t want the ball bumping it, which is impossible. Coach Sureysh calls me a “dumb kid.”

That evening Ezra calls. “Mom told me you told her that I know about her and Geoff.”

“And,” I prompt.

“And I told her she was crazy to think she could hide it. And I told her it’s too soon after dad died. And she agreed, she says she’s trying to take it really slow. And I don’t know if I really believe that part.” He says.

“You aren’t mad at her?” I ask.

“I am, but I’m not. No matter how much I wish dad was here I can’t wish him back. Mom says we can come see you play. For the play-offs. Hey what’s that on your arm? Did you get hurt?”

“Actually,” I say pulling the bandage off, “I got a tattoo.”

“No way, that’s badass. What does it say?”

“It’s for dad,” I say showing it to him.

“Always Remember, huh. You going to get more?”

“I don’t know,” I hadn’t thought about it.

“Usually when beings get tattoos, they get lots,” he says.

“Not during the season. Damn ball kept bumping it all day and bodies. Don’t know what I was thinking,” I admit.

“We’ll I like it,” he says.

“So does Anna,” I brag.

“You tell mom about Republican yet?” I ask.

“I will, I just have to find the right time.”

“Do it,” I warn him. “Or I will.”

“I hate you,” he says.

“Just trying to help,” he doesn’t hate me. His tone isn’t malicious. Besides he knows he should tell mom.

As the week goes on my arm gets less sore. By Sunday I would have forgotten about it, but I can’t because it’s kinda big and kinda obvious and kinda impossible to ignore. I’m sure now I will Always Remember.

[​IMG]

Tags: none really

Trieste likes this.
  22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"Almost done with the regular season here and don't look now but here come the Dawn Treaders..."

"They are going to make things interesting in the SEC."

"...as Concord War College wins yet again making their own case to be included in the playoff."

"Though I think they are going to fall just short of the playoff."

"Prytis College of Natural Sciences, one of the teams ahead of them in the rankings not making it any easier on them as they get back to their winning ways..."

"Strong case there for a playoff spot."

"Hey, last week..."

"What?"

"Never mind."

"Of course the less said about the StarBucks this week, the better.

HSN Top 25 after Week Six (LW)

2. Cloud City University, Bespin (2)
    3. University of Kashyyyk (3)
    4. University of Csilla (4)
    5. Coruscant Polytechnic Institute (8)
    6. Nessem University (6)
    7. Keldabe Military Institute (9)
    8. The Ord Sabaok University (5)
    9. Consortium Technical School (11)
    10. Gilles College (10)
    11. Vertical City University, Nar Shaddaa (12)
    12. Wookiee Forrest Institute (7)
    13. Zehava College, Melida/Daan (13)
    14. Eriadu Technical institute (14)
    15. Tiarest University (15)
    16. Prytis College of Natural Sciences (18)
    17. University of Bison (16)
    18. Concord War College (20)
    19. Garqi State University (19)
    20. Republican University (17)
    21. Ralltiir University (21)
    22. Grand Vulptur System University (22)
    23. Sarvchi Technological University (NR)
    24. University of Kamino (24)
    25. UB Salis D'aar (23)

23. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    IC Iris Copin
    Carratos

"O-Ver-Rated" The crowd chanted as the time ticked down to zero. They were chanting at Iris, their star, leading scorer, and face of the team. It was a rough game, Iris had found some daylight, some success. But it wasn't enough the defense collapsed allowing more goals than Iris's production could keep up with. It didn't help that news of Iris's meeting with the Miners back on Bakura got out and started up another firestorm, more speculation more hate. It wouldn't be so bad if they had won, Iris knew that. If she was winning the fans wouldn't care, the old chant of Pay the Girl. Then a new chant rained down from the stands.

"Leigh was Better."

The chants continued as Leigh and Iris embraced at center field.

"It's ok...You do what is best for you." Leigh said squeezing her protege. "You did good Little Copin...you did everything right."

It didn't feel like it, didn't feel like she did everything right, felt like she was losing left and right.

She didn't stick around long she didn't want the others to see her like this. The crowd's words stinging deep even though it would change as soon as they started winning again. Right now she just wanted to be somewhere else. She'd failed, she didn't do enough. She would make the fans see that she was worth it, worth what she was asking for.

At home she just collapsed on the couch, her body worn out from the game and the emotional toll. She didn't see if Pej was home, she just wanted to sleep, to attack the next day with everything she had.

TAG: @Trieste

24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

I am now regretting eliminating conferences only because I could make some kind of pun about the Skywalker Conference rising...but alas! :p Bonus potential for Bakura, Carratos, Mando'ade, and Ralltiir.

296 Week 6 Results
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Bakura Miners (15-15, OT 22-16)
    Mando’ade Mercs at Coruscant Senators (35-13)
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Carratos Pirates (9-20)

Vehn likes this.
  25. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for: Atzerri (28), Tatooine (38), and Concordia (28)

Week Five Results
    Concordia Crusaders @ Druckenwell Marksmen (28-21)
    Cantonica Golden Knights @ Tatooine Sandskimmers (24-14)
    Thyferra Force @ Atzerri Bandits (18-20)

Tags: @Bardan_Jusik @Vehn @Jedi Gunny @galactic-vagabond422

Vehn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.