main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite League Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    OOC: So I could not find the official Penny and Me video on YouTube when I wanted it, but randomly Hanson uploaded it yesterday so now you get to see it.

IC: TJ Allin

My heart is beating so fast it actually hurts. I can’t believe it, we pulled it off and we were going to Bakura for the Skimmer Ade finals! I look frantically into the stands for my mom. She’s cheering and waving. I wave back. She’s here with Geoff and my uncle Tomas and his family. Most of my family including my siblings, my wife and daughter are back on Ralltiir. They all took the risk that I’d be going to Bakura for the final next week and would rather take travel time away from school and/or work obligations then. Sure it put extra pressure on me, but I handled it well enough. I’m going to the finals!

Arriving on Bakura is surreal. Sure most of the cameras are for the Pirates and the Miners, but there’s several stations local to Tatooine and Ralltiir that are here for the Sandskimmers and their main focus is me. My Uncle Richard has already announced I’ll be playing for the Starkillers next year and putting my face all over the holo back home will sell tickets for next season. The main challenge for me is to spend time with my family while getting to practice and studying film in my spare time. I didn’t get all the way to the finals to lose.

The worst part of the week is being forced to attend the awards ceremony. I really wish they hadn’t nominated me. I’m not even on an ELL team and I’m sure I didn’t get any votes. My mom told me I deserved the nomination for the charity work I did on Tatooine this season. She’s my mom, of course she said I deserved the nomination. Surely everyone else thought the nomination was a joke, felt like a cruel joke to me. Plus I had to sit there, with all these memories of last year when I accepted awards for my father. I know I have lots of opportunities coming up to win an award, but not winning kinda felt like I was letting him down.

Not all of my relatives came to Bakura to cheer me on. Some of them came to work, like my Uncle Andres. Andres Fortune used to play for the Starkillers and for a while he was married to my mom’s sister. That’s why he’s my uncle. He’s remarried now. I still call him Uncle Andres, because my cousin is still my cousin and his father is still my Uncle. He’d be here to cheer me on if he didn’t work in broadcasting anyway, my point is he and I have an exclusive interview the morning after the awards ceremony. Mostly to drum up excitement back home.

It’s good to see my Uncle. He puts out his hand to shake it when I arrive at the studio for the interview. I remember my father and Andres taking us kids, (my brother and I and my little cousin Marty) to the park when we were little on their days off. I remember us getting frozen custard together in the summer. My father never shook hands with friends or family, so I opened my arms and gave my uncle a hug.

Uncle Andres and I held on to each other for a moment. I was thinking about Dad, he probably was too. Once we got our make-up applied for the cameras and we got mic’d up we sat down face to face for the interview. I wore comfortable pair of warm-ups with Skimmer Ade logos. It’s my family’s business so I feel like I have to promote. Besides the clothes were free. Andres wears a Starkillers polo and kahki’s, eerily he looks like he’s wearing the same outfit that my dad wore coaching on the sidelines all those years.

“Good evening, Ralltiir,” my Uncle begins looking into the camera. He reminds the audience that it’s Galactic Cup week and talks about all the great things he’s seen on Bakura since his arrival. Then he starts talking about the “Game that gets less attention.” That would be the Skimmer Ade finals. “I have here with me the top scorer of the Sandksimmers, Ty Allin Jr. I’d like to start by saying that you’ve created quite a following playing for Tatooine this season, even on Ralltiir. Holo’s are on when you play. How does it feel to know beings are watching your games from so far away?”

“Well obviously it’s an honor,” I stumble. Speaking in front of a camera is not easy.

“You know I have to bring up your father. First of all I want to say that even a year later I know it still hurts. He was a dear friend of mine and I miss him very much.”

The camera focuses on me so I nod.

“Your father was a great defensive player. What made you decide to play offense?”

“Well, when I was little I just wanted to score. To me it felt like the offensive players got more glory,” honesty is the best policy. “I worked hard at offense and I got good at it, so there was never a reason to even try defense,” I summarize with a shrug.

“What did your Dad think of your decision to play offense?”

“Oh, at first he was a little put off, even at a young age I could tell. He used to tell me everyone wants to play offense and that if I wanted to start I’d have a better chance playing defense. That just encouraged me to work harder. I wanted to show him and everyone I could be an offensive star.” I answer. I’m getting a little less nervous now.

“What’s your strategy to win this weekend?”

“Well,” so much for the questions getting easier. “Just go out there and play the best Limmie I know how. The Bandits beat the #1 ranked Force for a reason. It isn’t going to be easy.” I add.

“Will you attend the Galactic Cup Final on Sunday?” My uncle asks.

“That game is really for the Miners, the Pirates and their fans. I’ll be taking a shuttle home after the Skimmer Ade finals.” Hopefully someday I’ll get to play in that game goes unsaid. I don’t want to jinx it.

The interview ends there. Andres and I shake hands on camera, off camera I give him another hug before I leave the studio. There’s one thing I have to do now before the game on Saturday.

I make my way to my brother’s hotel room. Or rather the hotel room my brother shares with my mom, sister and Geoff. “Hey,” I say when I see him. “There’s something I want to ask you.”

“What?” He says.

“Well we can never wear #8 for the Starkillers because it’s retired and I know we both agreed to have our own numbers in Limmie, but I was hoping I could get your permission to wear number 8 this weekend. To honor dad.”

“Why do you think you need my permission?”

“If you were going to do something like this, I‘d want to know.” I tell him.

“You can wear whatever number you want,” he says. “I think it’s pretty cool you want to honor dad,” he says. My brother and I hug. I’m sad that once I get settled on Ralltiir he’ll be packing up to go to Coruscant for college a few months later.

Now that I’ve got permission I rush off to my Uncle and make sure I can have the uniform made in time. He’s very supportive and makes the calls he needs to make. Saturday morning when I arrive and see the jersey hanging in my locker with the #8 and the Words Allin Jr. on back. I almost cry. I can’t believe I’m here and I’m so glad to have my father with me.

[​IMG]

OOC: It’s been a heavy week as an NBA fan. I knew when Trae wore 8 in honor of Kobe I had to incorporate it into my story line. It’s a very random coincidence that Ty wore #8. That was based off Zac Hanson always singing the lead on track #8 of every Hanson album and him wearing #8 is sports as a kid (and now as an adult!).

Tags: @galactic-vagabond422

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  2. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for: Atzerri (28) and Tatooine (38)

Skimmer Ade League Finals
    Bakura Gardens, Salis D’aar, Bakura
    4 Atzerri Bandits @ 2 Tatooine Sandskimmers (28-0)

Congratulations to the Atzerri Bandits the 296 Skimmer Ade League Champions!

Tag @galactic-vagabond422

Vehn likes this.
  3. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

First off, an apology. Yes, that's right. I'd like to apologize to the National Football League by stealing their thunder by having the Galactic Cup Final today. I am sorry they will lose hundreds of millions because no one will be watching their little game featuring superb owls. Frankly, an owl-centric sporting event seems like it would have niche appeal, but I'm not here to tell other commissioners how to run their leagues.

Second, bonus potential for both Bakura and Carratos today.

140th Galactic Cup Final
    Bakura Gardens, Salis D’aar, Bakura

(2) Carratos Pirates at (1) Bakura Miners (8-12)

Congratulations to the Bakura Miners, the 296 Galactic Cup of Limmie champions!
    TAG: @galactic-vagabond422

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
    Vehn and jcgoble3 like this.
  4. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    HSN Headlines from Ralltiir:

Starkiller Roster Updates:

Kaeper’nick Kryze retires.
    Tyrone Cason retires.
    Keth Ainik becomes a free agent
    Davy Lawco becomes a free agent
    DeeJay Jcamlio signs 3 year extension
    Churb signs 2 year extension
    Won Te signs 5 year extension
    Sara Gonesoon signs four year extension
    Miles Allin signs four year extension

Sandskimmer Roster Updates:
    Krista Kuper sings 2 year extension
    Freeborn Pass signs one year extesion

Tag: @Trieste

Trieste likes this.
  5. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Jed Starkrimson
    Salis D’aar, Bakura

“Hi,” Jed replied with some confusion.

He was looking at a human female in a Miners jersey, probably a women’s-cut version from the way it was tailored, with a long-sleeved t-shirt underneath to stay warm as afternoon turned night. She had red hair and a wide smile and a tray in her hands.

“Sorry I’m late. First it was the line for the beer, then it was the pretzels--the pretzels! Who would have thought that line would have been longer than the beer line?” she said as she sat down in the now-open seat next to Jed. “And then there was this inexplicable hold up in the aisle. I think everyone got distracted by the ‘83 Final teams. Wasn’t that so cool?!”

“Yeah--” Jed began.

“Here, take a pretzel,” she said, handing one to Jed. “Extra salt.”

“Thanks--” He did like extra salt on his soft pretzels.

“And your beer,” she continued, handing it over.

“Hold on, time out,” Jed said, pretzel in one hand, beer in the other. “This might sound weird...especially if what I think is happening is happening...but I don’t know who you are.”

“Oh right! They said this might happen,” she said cheerily, “so let me tell you…”

Coruscant
    The morning after the 296 ELL Draft

Jed sat on the top step of the Mon Mothma Memorial, looking out at the Senate District. The black night was giving way to the cerulean of dawn.

“Pretty isn’t it?”

Jed looked over to see a redheaded woman in a worn and stained flight jacket sitting down next to him.

“Yeah. Always told myself that if I made it to Coruscant I’d come here.” Jed leaned back and looked up at the pillars of the Mothma Memorial stretching above him. “You see it in the holos, but they don’t do it justice.”

“I’ve been here before and I still teared up walking up the steps. When you think about the Civil War and everything she went through, how that’s the basis of where we are today, it just hits you all of a sudden,” she said.

“Yeah, I wonder if Mon Mothma ever gave in to despair,” Jed said. “Like after Hoth, when everything was really dark and dire for the Rebellion.”

“That sounds like the kind of question that someone who’s feeling down asks,” she observed. “Something on your mind?”

“I just had what was an amazing night. My team had an awesome night at the ELL Draft ever and I got to be there for it, plus I just had probably the greatest adventure of my life, and now when I look back on it...nothing’s going to change. They’re just going to screw it up again and what did I have but a night of drunken carousal that I probably won’t remember in 12 hours?”

“That’s pretty insightful for someone who’s going to forget everything.”

“I’m in that morose lucidity right before I crash into unconsciousness followed by a mountain-sized hangover,” Jed explained.

“Well, in case you do remember anything, don’t worry about the Miners. They’re gonna be fine,” she assured him.

“How did you know that’s my team?” Jed asked in amazement. “Did you guess that they were clearly the most likely team to screw up an awesome draft? Or are you a Jedi?” Jed was pretty sure the Temple wasn’t that far away...but then again he probably wouldn’t give the best directions with his current blood alcohol content.

“Nah. Just looked at your shirt.” She pointed to draw Jed’s attention to said item of clothing.

Jed looked down. “Oh! Yeah! That makes more sense.”

“Look, I understand you’re in the things-are-terrible-and-will-never-get-better-and-I-want-to-go-cry-into-a-pillow part of the stages of drunkenness--”

“I don’t do the pillow crying,” Jed clarified.

“OK, only some of us do the pillow-crying,” she said with a roll of her eyes. “My point is that the Miners are going to be fine. Yeah, it’s been a rough few years, but they’re set up for success now. I think Shay was a great hire because she knows talent. It’s all she did for the Smugglers and that’s job #1 for a GM. You can hire administrators to do the day-to-day stuff. I also really like Leigh for the head coach job. She’s a fighter. The Miners have always been a finesse team and when you put an edge on that . The talent is there. If they even had an OK draft I like their chances.”

“Weren’t you there?” Jed asked. “The Miners took home the #1 ranked forward, defender, and goalkeeper!”

“Are you kidding me?!” she exclaimed. “With talent like that we’re going to go to the Final!”

“‘We’?” Jed echoed as comprehension began to dawn. “Wait, you’re not…”

“A Miners fan? Only for my whole life! How do you think I knew so much about their changes this offseason?” she said with clear excitement.

“So how are you so optimistic about them? They’ve been mediocre at best, disappointing most of the time, and soul-crushing at worst,” Jed complained.

“Come on,” she said. “We’ve had our good days, and we will again. We’re fans of a team that’s been to the Galactic Cup Final 24 times! Other fans wished they had that level of success!”

“But then we fall flat on our faces when we get there. After all of that, how can you believe that one day they’ll pull it together?” Jed pressed.

“That’s part of belief: you just do. I’ve always thought it was the better alternative rather than to be bitter and expect the worst,” she said. “But what about you? You came here for the Draft. Why did you come if you really think the Miners are going to fall flat on their faces again?”

Jed looked into the growing light of early morning, illuminating the Organa Solo Memorial across the way and pondered the question. It turned out he didn’t know the answer off the top of his head. “I guess...I guess when one of my friends threw the idea out, especially with the Miners picking first overall, it sounded like it would be a good time.”

“That’s what I think sports is all about. You get to hang out with your friends and have a good time. At its best, it’s a social experience and how the team doesn’t isn’t that important. It’s about everyone sharing the same thing, seeing the same moments, because even if everyone around you is rooting for the other team, you know somebody out there--even if it’s just one being--is going through the same thing as you,” she said. “There’s something wonderful about that.”

“Wow…” Jed said. “Maybe it’s because I’m still drunk, but that is super deep.”

“It’s what keeps me going most of the time. I’m usually the only Miners fan around when I’m stuck in a cantina some place or if I’ve got to watch on delay after we come out of hyperspace.”

“Why can’t you always catch it live?”

She pulled the front of her jacket around so that Jed could read the lapel’s embroidery of Lightspeed Mechanics. “I’m a starship mechanic. I mostly stay ground-side on Bakura, but sometimes I ship out for ongoing maintenance. That’s how I got here today. Just landed a few hours ago.”

“Awesome,” Jed said. “I bet you’ve gotten to see a lot of the galaxy that way.”

“The stories I could tell…” she said with a smile, before looking suddenly at Jed. “You know what? There’s a good greasy spoon a couple blocks away that serves a breakfast that’s awful--except for when you’re drunk,” she said.

“Sign me up!” Jed said, jumping to his feet...and almost falling down half the stairs of the Mothma Memorial thanks to his alcohol-induced lack of balance.

“OK, hold on there sailor,” she said, getting to her feet to steady Jed. “Maybe you shouldn’t try those alone…”

“That’s what I’ve said for years!” Jed agreed. “Nobody really appreciates Fatima Maneal for the social commentary in her works. People think it’s just about rich beings on Kuat, but that’s only because so much time has passed that they don’t realize she’s really critiquing their way of life, not glorifying it.”

“She completely deserved her Laurel Prize for House of Gold alone, but to follow it up with The Morning Notices?” she said. Long ago she’d introduced herself as Sandy.

“Nobody reads the classics like Maneal anymore,” Jed sighed wistfully.

“Speaking of the morning, won’t your friends be wondering where you are by now? It’s actually a humane hour for beings to be awake in this time zone now,” Sandy said, motioning to the light streaming in through the windows.

“Nah, they’ll probably be too busy getting ready to catch the shuttle back to Bakura,” Jed said casually.

“So you’re taking a different flight back?” Sandy asked casually.

“Nah,” Jed said, “I’m on the same flight.” He paused and considered what he’d just said. “I’m on the same flight! I have to go!” He got up from the table and took a step away, before turning around and throwing whatever credits he had in his wallet down to cover his meal.

Before he could get going again, Sandy grabbed him by the arm. “Hold on! I need your datapad number!”

“Oh! Right! Of course! I don’t have any flimsi--” this as he patted himself down looking for some “--so why don’t I put it in your datapad?”

“Look, you might have just had an impossibly large omelette and more hash browns than a being should eat, let alone in one sitting, but that only helps if you have it before you start drinking,” Sandy said. “I don’t think you can accurately operate a datapad right now.”

“Can too.” Jed took out his datapad and quickly tapped away at it. “There. Sent. No errors.”

“Show me.”

“Private message.”

“Call it quality control,” Sandy pressed.

After a short hesitation, Jed held out his datapad with its sent message of: I just met my soulmate!!!!!!!!

Sandy looked from the datapad to Jed. “I...uh...I hope the ‘Cady’ you sent it to isn’t your girlfriend.”

“She’s super cool, you’ll like her.” While she was still surprised at the content of his communication, Jed was able to nab Sandy’s datapad and busily began inputting his info into her contacts.

“That’s not a good answer to that question,” Sandy pointed out.

Jed shoved the datapad back into her hands. “Gotta go. Call me!” Before she could say anything else Jed was off to make his flight.

“And guess what? Your message to your friend was a one-in-a-million-blow-up-the-Death-Star message because this is what your contact info is like in my datapad,” Sandy said, holding it up so Jed could see it.

Ted Mosby
    8LRf7qOVf7

It might have made a good password, but datapad contact connections didn’t use letters, let alone capital and lowercase ones.

“So I go from happy screaming into my pillow when I got back to the ship to ‘We’re sorry, the number you dialed is not connected’ when I try to call you. It wasn’t until a few weeks ago someone’s got The Fandalorian playing in the hangar while I’m fixing a stubborn alluvial dampener that I hear about a Jed from Bakura who’s trying to find some awesome woman and I realize maybe you weren’t blowing me off with a fake number--which didn’t make sense anyways. By the time I get up the courage to call the Rancor Pit, the Miners win the Commish Trophy and I decide, ‘What the Exegol, I’m buying two tickets to the Final and sending one to Jed.’ I was pretty sure you’d show up with the Miners in the Final.”

“So...confession time: later on I remembered a lot about that night, but I never remembered anything about you,” Jed said awkwardly.

“The brain is a mysterious thing,” Sandy said. “But as far as second first dates go, I like my chances with the Galactic Cup Final.”

“So do I,” Jed said with a smile.

And what a “first” date it was.

It was immediately clear that both teams came to play. The Miners, far from looking rusty after a week off, met the Pirates’ intensity with their own. The Carratosian team had come with defense on their mind after a tight win against the defending champions. They were playing the sort of limmie that, proverbially, won championships.

One could say that the game was being played on the Pirates’ terms, but those were also the terms Cavanaugh wanted the Cup to be decided on. Top to bottom, the Miners met every hit that was laid on them with one of their own. This was the kind of limmie Leigh had played. A casual fan might get bored with it--turnovers at midfield; slow, methodical attacking to slog through anticipatory defenses; tactical scoring instead of wide open offense--but long-time fans knew how to appreciate it.

Jed and Sandy lived and died with every play. Every time the Miners caught a pass, snagged the boloball, or--thank the Force--scored, the pair, alongside tens of thousands of Miner fans inside and outside the Gardens celebrated. With each Pirates completion, recovered turnover, or--horror of horrors--point on the board, they were crushed. It was an entire season wrapped into one deciding game. They shared each moment first with each other, and then with the Miner fans all around them.

The moment everything changed was when Harle Quinn tumbled to the turf inside the goal box with five minutes remaining in the second half, the boloball skittering away from her. The referee’s arm went up and the Miner fans cheered for the upcoming penalty kick. On the opposite side of the field, Pirate fans vehemently objected to the call.

“I don’t know...looked pretty light to me,” Jed heard someone behind him say.

“It looked close enough to me,” someone replied.

“‘Close enough?’ This late in the game? On a call that sets up a penalty kick? You’ve got to be sure if you make that call as a ref,” the first voice said. “Besides, it’s Harle. I wouldn’t be surprised if she tripped over her own cleat laces.”

Sandy grabbed Jed’s shoulders in hopeful anticipation as Quinn lined up for the shot. The Miner fans went silent to let Harle concentrate, but the Pirates fans made some Arcadia-level noise to try to distract the forward. When Quinn found the back of the net to take the lead, the Miner fans exploded, first Jed and Sandy were jumping up and down, then they were hugging, and then they were kissing. They pulled apart, looked at each other, and went back in for more.

When the clock hit zero and the Miners became the first team that Jed could remember to win the Galactic Cup at home, it felt like everything happened at once and yet Jed saw it all: Harle jumping in the air and then collapsing in teary joy on the turf, living the dream of so many Bakuran kids; Leigh Cavanaugh pushing through the media and other beings on the field to go straight to Iris and Logan; Horst Penn running around in a circle with his hands on his head in disbelief at winning his third championship; Hallie Kendriick bee-lining for their girlfriend to kiss her in front of the whole galaxy; Bree Veers and Natylee Coglin, last season’s Sky Captains, clasping each other with a one-handed grab and pounding each other on the back in recognition how far they’d come; Stephana Adiims and Bast Amun with arms over each other’s shoulders holding up the single figure to indicate the Miners were number one; Marnie Blake, about whom so many questions had been asked in her contract year, lifting Mick Callister into the air in a giant embrace; the quiet hug between the past and current team physicians who had worked for so many years together, Han Tunross and May Hull.

But for Jed’s money, there was nothing like the handshake line that followed an ELL playoff game. He couldn’t tell from the distance, but he got the impression that it wasn’t exactly a warm exchange going down the line. There’d been a lot of bruises inflicted by both sides, and the late, game-deciding penalty didn’t appear to have helped things.

Queen Anne.

Brisket.

Simon Salahi.

Ramond Marloe.

Kaylee Kaliko.

Jai Mudros.

Nika Kucherov.

Pas’cal Siam.

Mighty Mo.

Gil Cray.

Pat Lintra.

Big J.

J’onzz J’onn.

Zara Bell’ator.

Grey Fullblaster.

Fysen Dyshkava.

Sam Isky.

Sy Jaxston.

Dina Pell.

Ard Borne.

Natsu Dragon.

Vahva Kaesse, who’d been part of beating the Miners in ‘83 now on the other end.

Ezra Scar’lett.

Iris Copin, who had faced intense scrutiny and questioning of her abilities in a roller-coaster season and despite all that was the reason the Pirates had gotten this far.

Logan Manx-Sandin, in Jed’s eyes the face of the Pirates as an organization, who had once coached the woman who had now won against him.

Pirates fans were chanting something as their team left the field, but Jed couldn’t quite make it out. It didn’t sound complimentary, nor did it seem directed at the Pirates. If he had to guess, that penalty was going to live on for a long time between these teams.

There was no Numifolis Award now with the shortened playoffs, but if there were Jed knew in his heart it belonged to Horst Penn, the big man in the middle. How such a goofball could stand so tall Jed would never understand. It was arguable who was the bigger kid and enjoying this more--Horst or his eight-year-old son. Both of them were playing in the confetti together now as if it was newly-fallen snow.

As each Miner got their turn with the Cup, Jed and Sandy watched with full hearts and arms around each other. From the unbridled joy of Penn, who handed the Cup to Quinn who had been such a big part of the team and yet seemed like she might never get this moment, to Carratosian Angel Sorano, followed by Stephana Addims who finally won a Cup after being injured for all of 287 and sitting on the sidelines when her teammates won it, to Bree Veers whose broad smile reflected her journey from demotion to the Premier League to the top of the ELL, and finishing with the Prime Minister (who was now the fifth consecutive Miners owner to win a Galactic Cup), Jed felt like each of them lifted the Cup for him and Miner fans everywhere.

“Hey Sandy?” Jed said.

“Yeah Jed?”

“You know how this got started with one message? How I wouldn’t have even known you were out there without it?”

“Yeah?”

“Well, I think I need to send one more.”

The next day

Salis D’aar PD declined to estimate how many beings packed the streets of the capital for the Miners’ championship parade. It had essentially been one giant party ever since the end of the Final. Jed figured there had to be a few million Bakurans who had flocked to see the team that had defied every expectation from the beginning of the season. He was one of the many who hadn’t left and had celebrated all night--though this time he kept his alcohol intake down so he stood a chance of remembering it. These were moments he never wanted to forget.

“Jed!”

He turned to see Ronnie, Jax, and Cady pushing through the crush of beings. He’d sent them a message they should take the first flight, monorail, speeder, eopie, whatever they could find to Salis D’aar to be here for the parade. He wanted to celebrate this moment with them like he had for almost every other moment of the season. Ronnie responded immediately: Leaving now. Meet you at the Fionn Trieste Memorial, not knowing how appropriate a memorial to a leader was for this last moment of the 296 season.

On top of sharing this moment with the beings he loved most in the world, Jed wanted them to meet Sandy. “I think I have you to thank for Jed and I finding each other,” Sandy told Cady, the recipient of that fateful soulmate message.

The general celebration made it a warm introduction for all involved. In that moment, future gatherings at apartments and bars for these five were born, stretching long into the future.

“Sandy, there’s one really important question I have to ask you,” Jax said seriously.

“Is it about what Jed is like when he’s still drunk at 5:00 a.m.? Because let me tell you--” Sandy began.

“No, we’ll get to that later,” Jax interrupted over the noise of the crowd. “What about the meiloorun?!?!?!?!”

“Oh that!” Sandy laughed. “Well, let me tell you…”

As the Galactic Cup passed by, Jed knew it wasn’t possible, but he still thought he could read the new engraving on the Cup.

BAKURA MINERS 296
    AYN TRIESTE DECLAN TRIESTE THE NOBLE HOUSE OF TRIESTE
    SHAY DIONNE LEIGH CAVANAUGH MAY HULL
    HORST PENN CAPT. STEPHANA ADIIMS BAST AMUN
    MARNIE BLAKE MICK CALLISTER NATYLEE COGLIN
    KRYSS FOOTPRINT LEILU GRABBERT HALLIE KENDRIICK
    REVOS LIB HARLE QUINN ANGEL SORANO
    TIREM’INNERV’AGADSE BREE VEERS MELA WELLS

Even if the name Jed Starkrimson wasn’t there alongside the players, as he held hands with Sandy Jed realized that this Cup would always be engraved on his heart.

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422

6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Miners celebrate first championship in nine years.
    • Dionne: “I know it’s not always going to go this way, so I’m focused on enjoying this for a few days and then we go right back to work. There’s work to be done.”
    • Cavanaugh: “I’ll be honest: this was a hard way to win a championship. Not just the season coming down to winning the right games to get a home field advantage that clearly came through for us, but in my heart I wish it had been anyone but the Pirates.”
    • Penn when asked if he’ll play the last year of his contract: “110%. In fact, 1,100%. Maybe even infinity percent. In fact, I think I’m going to keep playing for the next 40 years at least. Wookiees play for, like, centuries, right? And my son calls me ‘a big Wookiee’ so I figure I can play as long as them.”
    • Harle Quinn: “As a kid, you dream about winning the Galactic Cup for your homeworld team on your homeworld in a close game. Then you become an adult and you realize life doesn’t work that way. And then life works that way, so the moral of the story is you can have it all kids!”
      • When asked about whether she felt the late penalty that gave her the game-winning penalty kick was indeed a penalty: “Do I look like the kind of being who would clumsily trip over nothing at all? That would be a crime, and I definitely don’t look like a criminal, now do I?”
    • Bree Veers on what she’ll do with her championship bonus: “Does anyone have directions to the closest unicorn store?”
    • Stephana Adiims: “It was really hard to be on the sidelines for the Cup in ‘87. As happy as I was for my teammates, I felt this ache that never really healed until today.”
    • Bast Amun: “The crazy thing is that I also won the Galactic Cup in my ELL 96 tournament during the bye week. Boom!”
    • Ayn Trieste: “Do I think the Galactic Cup will have an effect on the Prime Ministerial election? Oh please. Bakurans are going to choose the candidate they think will best represent their interests here in Salis D’aar.”
      • Trieste currently projected to win with 54% of the vote.
    TAG: None

Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  7. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Shay Dionne faces fresh challenges as five contracts are due to expire for champion Miners.
    • Tirem’innerv’agadse (midfielder) announces she will become a free agent.
      • Minnerva: “What the Miners offered me was offensive given my contributions to the Galactic Cup. I won’t negotiate with a Vertical City skin flint like Dionne.”
    • Mela Wells and Kryss Footprint, key role players, reportedly negotiating.
    • Assistant captain Bree Veers reportedly seen by Dionne as a “must-sign” player for Miners
      • Source: “Captain Marvel going to another team would be an absolute disaster. Veers was critical to Cavanaugh’s defensive renaissance and Leigh’s been clear Veers needs to stay.”
    • Long-time goalkeeper Marnie Blake is looking for a big contract on the heels of the Galactic Cup
      • Blake’s agent speaking to the BBC: “Blake would have signed a new contract before this season if offered, but Dionne chose to draft Ahona Va instead. They want to keep Marnie now? Awesome. It’s going to cost them. But really, be my guest: trot out your rookie goalkeeper when everyone’s going to be gunning for you next season because you don’t want to pay Marnie what she deserves as a two-time Cup winner.”
    TAG: None

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• HSN releases 297 draft rankings
    Goalkeepers
    1. Rho Larren (Ardennian, Female, Goalkeeper, Chandrila A&M University)
    Defenders
    1. Helen Galvez (Shistavanen, Female, Half Back, College of Deredith & Millicent)
    2. Arin Kaah (Hapan, Female, Half Back, Consortium Technical School)
    3. Gorra Welsyte (Zelosian, Female, Half Back, University of Coruscant)
    4. Zak Yinn (Cathar, Male, Back, Bar'ton LC)
    5. Hipall (Rodian, Male, Defensive Back, University of Denon)
    6. Eshu Bozlennass (Togruta, Female, Corner Back, Ord Sabaok University)
    7. Roh Varr (Zabrak, Female, Half Back, West O'Pahz LC)
    8. Gem Hessen (Trandosan, Female, Back, Cho'fin City LC)
    9. Zhoobal (Whipid, Male, Defensive Back, Coruscant Polytechnic Institute)
    Midfielders
    1. Paige Terrask (Human, Female, Midfielder, UB Cape Suzette)
    2. Riwrrhakkk (Wookiee, Male, Midfielder, Wookiee Forrest Institute)
    3. Dar Djarin (Human, Male, Midfielder, Keldabe Military Institute)
    Forwards
    1. Alexa Superspy (Human, Female, UC Bella Vistal, Half Forward)
    2. Garby Chaser (Twi'lek, Female, Half Forward, UB Salis D'aar)
    3. Zirso'ewez'fizuu (Chiss, Male, Forward, University of Csilla)
    4. Kuiick (Ugnaught, Male, Forward, Cloud City University, Bespin)
    5. Serene Vigo (Human, Female, Full Forward Zehava College, Melida/Daan)
    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 @Jedi Gunny @Runjedirun

Runjedirun and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  9. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    IC: Galin S'rily

Galin quickly wished that he hadn't walked down the hallway at team HQ.

If it wasn't the eerie nature of the hallway that gave him pause, it was the yelling that came from behind the locked door not too far away that certainly caused the young Bothan to stop dead in his tracks. The Senator season had gone south in a hurry, the pressure of a poor season causing part of the coaching staff their jobs. But it seemed to him as he stood in silence, body still dripping with sweat from working out in the weight room, that the fall-out had not yet ended.

He could hear the fiery personality come through loud and clear, no mistaking it. "This is MY TEAM, do you understand?!"

"It's not like I had a choice in the matter!" came the equally-loud voice of his uncle. "This is not all about you!"

"It never is! I sacrifice more to this franchise than you know - maybe I should just ask for a trade to the Mercs and be done with it. At least they are closer to winning a championship. Their owner does not tamper with the franchise!"

The door slammed open, nearly piledriving Galin in the face as an incensed D'ana Themyscira left the office, the killer instinct burning in her eyes as she steamed out of the room and marched down the hallway. When she noticed Galin loitering by the door, she shoved him aside. "Out of my way," she spat before she continued down the hallway.

"What the hell . . .?" Galin wondered aloud as he returned his attention to the open office door.

Out from the office strode Assistant GM Mirik Lopaki, the longtime Ylesia and Senator front-office personnel wiz looking worse-for-wear. When she noticed Galin, she only had one question. "How much did you hear?" she asked, almost accusingly.

"Um . . ." Galin spluttered. He had indeed heard something, but he wasn't sure what.

"Nothing anyone wants to hear," Dirxx Horstse said as he also came into view from the room. "I think there's more than enough anger to go around."

"What happened?" Galin finally asked.

"We've been given the directive to slash payroll. Our illustrious owner doesn't want to pay such a high cost for an underperforming team - she wants us to downsize while also winning more games."

"So that means . . .?"

"Roster cuts," Lopaki interjected, looking down at a datapad. "And we have directive to cut at least six players from this year's roster, starting with pending free agents."

"Like who?"

"Boslik, Scot'howerd, DuChaard . . . all of them have expiring deals."

"But there are at least ten of those."

"And, judging by her reaction, we might need to trade a single team captain," Dirxx said sullenly. It was clear that the Besalisk was in full-blown brooding mode. "Can't find a lot of those on the open market these days."

"So if you cut all those veterans, then who takes the mantle?" Galin asked.

"Younger players or low-level free agents," Lopaki finished. "Anyone who has a pulse and can keep a lid on the overall team salary. Ms. Alaree says that she cannot afford to feed her children with all we are paying the stars."

Dirxx scratched his head. "She has children?"

Lopaki rolled her eyes. "Two of them. Honestly, men don't seem to notice these things."

"Wait," Galin said, holding up a finger to stop the nonsensical tangent. "So you're telling me that you're going to cut all the veteran players and just run with the rest of us?"

"Mostly, plus any draft picks we may acquire."

"That sounds stupid!" Galin responded. "How are we supposed to win if all our best players get shipped out? It makes no sense."

"It doesn't to us either, trust me," Dirxx replied. "We're already last in the league . . . it's not like we can sink much lower."

"Odds of sinking lower are quite high along this trajectory," Lopaki reasoned. "There is always going 1-9."

"Not helping."

"So what cuts are you making?"

"This could take a while."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Coruscant Senators make the following transactions:

The following players have been released to free agency:
    • Ali Millson (Human, Female, Goalkeeper)
    • Scot’howerd (Shistavanen, Male, Forward)
    • Dirrnar Bos'lik (Bothan, Female, Forward)
    • Wahay Contar (Feeorin, Male, Corner Back)
    • Jerr Tatheny (Togrutan, Female, Defensive Back)
    • Tipa Sabur (Zelosian, Female, Half Back)
    • Claire Daring (Human, Female, Midfielder)
    • Chella (Wookiee, Female, Half Back)
    • Morgana DuChaard (Human, Female) retires, ending DuChaard sisters line in Front 6.
    • Longtime Assistant Captain Freya Stormhelm released, retires before filing free agency paperwork. Felt "blindsided" by release, but did not wish to play anywhere else.
    Team Captain D'ana Themyscira allegedly seeking a trade to contender.
    Star corner back Jac Jeshua "on trading block", according to one source close to the team.
    Team looking for trading partners for mercurial goaltender Fam Keth (Bothan, Male).

Bardan_Jusik and Vehn like this.
  10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• In ceremony on Cloud City, Shay Dionne signs formal affiliation agreement linking Bakura Miners with Cloud City Sky Captains
    • Dionne: “For years--going all the way back to when Dana Roslyn was general manager--the Miners have sent their top-flight talent to the Captains. Alana Glencross was a Sky Captain. Niskat Deenever was a Sky Captain. Bree Veers was a Sky Captain. This agreement gives Cloud City first right to all Miner player under contract that we want to give playing time in non-ELL leagues.”
    • GM of the Sky Captains confirms that with this move, Cloud City will apply to the Skimmerade League for membership.
      • “We’re confident that our application will be looked upon favorably by the Skimmerade League.”
      • On whether the Sky Captains will face more intense or easier competition in the Skimmerade League: “The Premier League is one of the best limmie leagues in the galaxy after the ELL. The Skimmerade League has the ELL stars of tomorrow. I’m not going to compare the two. What I know is that fans are still going to get excellent limmie when they see a game on Cloud City.”
    • Dionne on a potential shift in the Miner development system: “We’re not going to go to the Concordia model of having an entire roster under ELL-level contracts. We’re going to send select talent here in partnership with the Sky Captains organization.”
    TAG: @Runjedirun

11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Tirem’innerv’agadse (Chiss, Female, Midfielder), formerly of champion Miners, signs with Ralltiir Starkillers as a free agent.
    • Miners announce new, four year contract with assistant captain Bree Veers
      • Dionne: "We're thrilled that Bree is going to continue with us. She was a critical player, on the field and in the locker room, to our championship last year and we expect more of that with her."
      • Veers: "If you'd asked me a year ago if this was going to happen...well, let's just say I've got some HoloNet bookmarks for apartments on Coruscant and Ralltiir I should delete now."
      • Source says that Veers saw "Quinn-level credits" with her new contract.
    • Miners also sign long-time goalkeeper Marnie Blake to new contract for the next three years.
      • Dionne: "Marnie has richly earned this new contract with her play."
    • Miners announce that Kryss Footprint (Undeclared Gender, Human, Half Back), Mick Callister (Human, Male, Corner Back), and Mela Wells (Zeltron, Female, Half Forward) also become free agents.
      • Dionne: "We wish they would have stayed, but we couldn't find a number that works for both sides. We thank them both for their contributions to the Miners, especially last season."
      • Source says that championship bonuses, plus renewals for Veers and Blake, pushed the Miners' salary budget to the brink.

Runjedirun likes this.
  12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Elite League Limmie 297: Magic to Do

Coruscant

“It’s the draft location so nice, we brought you here twice!” Commissioner Fenrir Lokensgaard announced. “Also, I live near here, so I could get out of bed 15 minutes ago and still make it here on time. Of course, I’m kidding, but seriously, I looked like this when I woke up. Hashtag no filter.

“Welcome to the 297 Elite League Limmie Draft! Where, as the Bakura Miners proved last year, anything can and will happen! I mean, if they could pull off a one-year rebuild then clearly anyone can do it!

“The hometown team’s picking first this year and if they need defense there’s a lot of it out there this year. In fact, things are looking pretty stacked in the backfield today. Then again, that might mean it’s a higher priority to get help elsewhere first…

“Ralltiir’s next. Could be an awkward next family cookout if they don’t choose Serene Vigo with their first overall pick. I feel like there’s a mob movie joke to be made here about the family and business, but all the quotes are just a little off,” Lokensgaard said. “Either way, the Starkillers will get their pick of the top talent.

“Meanwhile, Mercs fans have got to be on the edge of their seats. It’s been a few years since they’ve picked in the middle of a draft! Though, after the way things went last season, one has to ask the question what they could possibly add to put them over the top.” Lokensgaard held a hand up to the far side of his mouth and said a stage whisper. “Hint: it’s one more win.

“Carratos comes up next. I’d say they’d go straight for offense after that Final, but with three Carratosians ranked for defense I don’t think I’d place a bet on that…

“And finally we get the Miners. I think I see Horst Penn somewhere out there, still riding a sugar high from all that candy he must have eaten after the championship. We’ve seen what Shay Dionne can do when she picks first, but won’t the real measure of a GM be what she does when she’s picking last?

“Let’s find out! I officially declare the 297 Elite League Limmie Draft open! Let's make some magic everybody!”

The cheers from the fans were the loudest noise of Lokensgaard’s monologue. As usual, the actual draft inspired more excitement than any of the Commissioner’s comments.

“The Coruscant Senators are on the clock.”

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 @Jedi Gunny @Runjedirun @Vehn

Bardan_Jusik, Runjedirun and Vehn like this.
  13. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    The Coruscant Senators select Paige Terrask, Midfielder from UB Cape Suzette

TAG @Runjedirun

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  14. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC TJ Allin
    Canto Bight, Cantonica

I try to stand still as my little brother straitens my bow tie, it’s not easy because I’m certain Penni is going to break something in this hotel room. I’m thankful I’ve got Penni to distract my thoughts from what’s really going on here today. She runs into the fresher where she’s out of sight. “Come back here, Penni.” I holler.

I hear her laugh, but she doesn’t’ come out. “Hurry Up!” I urge to Ezra.

“One second,” he says.

Finally, my brother takes a step back to observe his work, “Done.” He says.

I rush into the fresher and find Penni pulling towels down furiously off their racks. “Stop that,” I say as I pick them up and begin to place them back on their racks. Another towel falls furiously to the floor before I finish. She laughs again, how the hell did my parents do this? Am I supposed to yell at her? It doesn’t work. The more flustered I become, the harder Penni laughs. Instead of continuing to try and hang up the towels I toss them back on the floor, “You’re right,” I decide. “Go ahead, have a blast.”

I walk back out to the main suite and Penni follows me. Maybe I just figured it out. If I don’t yell it’s not fun anymore. Parenting is backwards. There’s a knock at our door and my heart stops. I can’t ignore why we’re here anymore. I scoop up Penni and Ezra opens the door. “Ready to go?” A deep voice asks.

“Ready,” Ezra confirms.

Curiously, I peak towards the doorway. Geoff looks good in a tux, but he’s not my dad and this feels so wrong. I carry Penni as I follow my brother and Geoff to the lift. None of us says anything, even Penni is unusually quiet as we make our way by the shops and casinos on the street. Geoff, halts and opens a door. He pauses to hold it open for Ezra, Penni and I. This is definitely the tackiest chapel I have ever seen. The walls are bright pink, there’s streamers and fake flowers everywhere. I hope we took a wrong turn; I hope this is the wrong place. My mother deservers better, this can’t be what she wants. Then I see Cammie and Anna come out to greet us. Damn, this is the right place after all.

Anna looks beautiful, she practically steals Penni out of my arms. “How’s mama’s little girl? Did daddy remember to feed you your snack?”

Penni can laugh, but she certainly doesn’t speak yet, even if Anna directed the question towards her, she’s asking me. “I fed her,” I say. I look around the little chapel and try to keep calm.

“In that case,” Anna says. “Witnesses sit here,” she says pointing to the front row of chairs. There are about 40 of them, but this is our entire party. Most weddings here I assume are small. Anna takes a seat and puts Penni on her lap. Ezra sits down next to them. Nervously I step forward with Geoff and Cammie runs behind a curtain, I assume she’s checking on mom.

A man comes out dressed in Jedi Robes. I realize he’s impersonating Mace Windu and I realize he’s going to perform the ceremony. I resist the urge to scream out that this is all wrong. I look to Ezra, but he just shrugs. “The bride may now join us,” the impersonator says. My mom steps out in a semi-formal type white dress. Nothing like the gown she wore in the holo’s of her wedding to my father. I know I’m spiteful, but I feel better knowing that Geoff doesn’t get the same charismatic wedding that my dad got when he married my mom.

Cammie takes her place next to my mom and I stand beside Geoff. About 90% of me doesn’t want to be here. The rational 10% knows I need to do this. I love my mom, even if I don’t support her in getting married to anyone, not right now. We had to fly out here on draft weekend just so the press would be less likely to know about the wedding. It’s ridiculous. If she wasn’t doing anything wrong, she wouldn’t be hiding it. My mother is getting married too soon after my father’s death.

The entire ceremony takes about 15 minutes. It’s the first time I see my mom and Geoff kiss on the lips. I turn my head. That evening Anna, Penni, Ezra, Cammie and I are back at our hotel. Ezra and Cammie have a separate room, but they chose to watch the draft with us. We order some Nacho’s from the restaurant downstairs, but they aren’t anything like back home on Ralltiir. Maybe I’ve just lost my appetite.

“The worst part if this whole thing is that I have to get a new bodyguard,” Ezra complains.

“Let’s just watch the draft and forget about it,” I say annoyed.

“You? You want to talk about Limmie after losing 28-0 against the Bandits in the final. That’s a first.” Ezra fires back.

“That was months ago,” I say with a shrug. It still hurts, it’ll hurt until I play another game and win. Tonight’s the draft, the season is closer now. The pain will go away soon.

“Uncle Richard is going to draft the top defender with the first pick anyway, you know that. We were lucky to snag a midfielder from the Miners after Lawco refused to negotiate.” Ezra summarizes.

“Ariel could play midfield,” I argue. She was my teammate on Tatooine last year so I should know how good she is. The display on the holo distracts me as they pan across the draftee hopefuls. There’s Alexa, the #1 ranked overall offensive player. She’s dressed gorgeously and I fight to control my anger. Seeing her makes me angry, she promised to be mine forever. Then she went off to college and found a new boyfriend. I don’t know why it still bothers me, but it does. I mean I got Anna and Penni, why do I care?

I feel Anna staring at me. She’s polite enough not to say why. Cammie reaches in for another chip on the nacho plate. Of all of us she seems least affected by mom’s new plans and they affect her the most. Cammie is the reason I’m most happy to be playing Limmie for the Starkillers this season. My big brother instincts tell me she needs me. I’m just not sure why yet.

Commissioner Lokensgaard turns the podium over to the Senators brass. I turn up the volume and everyone in the room gets quiet. Penni stops running around and looks at us wondering what the big deal is.

“Huh, a midfielder,” Ezra says. “We were just talking about midfeilders.”

“That takes the suspense out of our pick,” I summarize and I’m right.

A few minutes later Coach Teaspoon and her translator droid take the stage. “With the second overall pick of the 297 Elite Limmie Draft the Ralltiir Starkillers select Helen Galvez, College of Deredith & Millicent.” The Shistavanen walks proudly across the stage and accepts the jersey from Coach Teaspoon.

Tag: @Bardan_Jusik

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    Jedi Gunny likes this.
  15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• From the draft floor, Ralltiir Starkillers sign Chella (Wookiee, Female, Half Back, Coruscant Senators)
    • HSN analyst: "The Starkillers are rebuilding on the fly. I love it. This is what draft day should be."

16. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt
    Draft Night

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! On location from the Mercs draft party at the oyu'baat cafe on mand'yaim, it's draft night!

"shab yeah!"

"...Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz back in the studio on the the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about tonight."

A short time later

"OK, so with that pick the Mercs are on the clock, and I think we all know where they're going here."

"oya, oya, oya!"

"With the news that free agent middie Bosewick Tachalla is looking for a starting role, something he won't get from the Mercs, you know they have to go midfield."

"And let's face it, we all know who it's going to be."

"Only thing that could have prevented it was if the consensus best player in the draft, Paige Terrask, was still on the board, but she went number one overall so..."

"Hold the comm line here comes Vizlsa with the pick."

"With the third overall pick in the 297 ELL first year player draft, the Mando'ade Mercs select, Dar Djarin, midfielder from Keldabe Military Institute!"

"oya, oya, oya!"

The Mandalorian came up to the stage to take his jersey from his new boss and turned to the holocameras and wave microphones and said just four word words. "This is the way...."

"To a championship!" Justin sounded off excited.

"oya, oya, oya!"

"The Carratos Pirates..."

"Who I still hate by the way," Randy interjected over the wave.

"...are now on the clock."

17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Ralltiir Starkillers continue bulking up their roster, signing Kryss Footprint (Undeclared Gender, Human, Half Back, Bakura Miners)
    • Footprint played college limmie at UTA

Runjedirun likes this.
  18. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Draft Night

"The Carratos Pirates select Zak Yinn Back, Bar'ton Limmie Club, the Bakura Miners are on the clock."

TAG: @Trieste

Trieste likes this.
  19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC
    Coruscant

Shay Dionne sauntered up to the draft podium with barely a moment's hesitation after the Pirates, so recently vanquished, made their pick. She had the confidence that only came with defending a Galactic Cup championship. In fact, she was even wearing sunglasses, almost as if the championship hangover was just now hitting her.

"Well, well, well," Dionne said, leaning casually with one arm forward against the podium and a smirk on her face. "Coruscant, you beautiful world, it is so good to be back! You always treat me so nice when I'm here. I mean, it's like you know exactly what I want and you keep giving it to me. Because, once again, the Bakura Miners are here to make history.

Dionne straightened up and got a little more serious. "With the fifth overall pick, in the first round, of the 297 Elite League Limmie Draft, the Bakura Miners select...their fourth consecutive HSN #1 ranked player at their position. Yes, that's right, the Bakura Miners select...

"...Alexa Superspy, UC Bella Vistal, Half Forward!"

With a broad grin, Superspy walked out onto stage to accept her dark blue Miners jersey with her last name and the number 1 on the back, posing for the holos. With the departure of Mela Wells, she was almost certainly going to be slotted into the Center Half Forward slot next to superstar Harle Quinn. Even if the Pirates weren't almost certainly going to give Iris Copin a well-deserved new contract, the Miners had just shut the door on any rumors they were going to gun for their recent Galactic Cup Final opponent's top talent.

[​IMG]

"I can tell this is going to be another fun draft," Dionne said in conclusion. "The Coruscant Senators are now on the clock."

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422 @Jedi Gunny @Runjedirun

Runjedirun likes this.
  20. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    “The Coruscant Senators select Gorra Welsyte, Half Back from the University of Coruscant.”

21. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012

IC: TJ Allin

As other teams made more draft picks the Starkillers were announcing free agency signings. First we got Chella who had been playing for Coruscant. A seasoned vet to add to our defense was probably a good thing. A few minutes later it was announced we also signed Kryss Footprint. The second pick-up from the Miners, a team that just won the championship was probably a good team to be getting players from so I said as much.

“Alright, our defense is going to be awesome next year.”

“Maybe,” Ezra comments. “Maybe not. Problem with the Starkillers is they sign new free agents every season. They never let a team gel.”

Maybe my brother has a point, but I don’t have time to come up with a counter argument. The Miners are on the clock and they pick Lexie. A small part of me is happy for her. A larger part of me is jealous she got to be a part of the draft. It had always been a dream of mine to actually enter the draft. I feel like I took the easy way out, joining the Sandskimmers last year. Besides who knows, maybe the Miners would have drafted me. Maybe I could have won a cup. I’ll never know. What I do know is that the Golden Orange Bowl is going to be mine next year, twice. I can’t let an x-girlfriend beat me on the Limmie pitch.

Coruscant picks another defender. They’ve been popular this draft. It’s our pick and this is where it gets interesting. I know we need a forward. Will we pick Serene, despite her low ranking. Who ranks these draftees anyway? Lexie was on a college team that didn’t even make the top 25 and she ranked #1. I know my Uncle wants to do right by our family, but is there a better forward on the board. Do we dare wait and see if she’ll make it to the third round. I think we’d be crazy to let Serene go.

Coach Teaspoon walks across the stage and I’m nervous. Way more nervous than I thought I’d be. “With the Seventh Overall pick of the 297 Elite Limmie Draft the Ralltiir Starkillers select Serene Vigo.”

Tag: @Bardan_Jusik

*So my pick was a dead give away from the song above, but I doubt anyone knows why. Serene’s mother, her name is Georgia. One of my top 5 favorite songs of all time.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    Trieste likes this.
  22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt
    Draft Night

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! On location from the Mercs draft party at the oyu'baat cafe on mand'yaim, it's draft night!

"shab yeah!"

"...Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz back in the studio on the the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about tonight."

The second round...

"With the eighth overall selection of the 297 ELL first year player draft, the Mando'ade Mercs select Kuiick, forward out of Cloud City University." The diminutive Ugnaught leaped up onto the stage to take Vizsla's forearm in the traditional Mandalorian way of greeting. "I have spoken. Oh and ther Caratos Pirates are now on the clock."

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"The college bolo ball season is just around the corner, and that means HSN has come out with their way too early pre season top 25..."

"With so much riding on these rankings, they should wait until a week or two in the season to start sorting these teams out."

"I like the pre-season ranking's they're fun!"

"Gives teams at the top of pre season, teams that haven't proven anything yet this season, an unfair advantage."

"Life isn't fair."

"Of course two time defending champ Chandrila A&M University starts out as the pre season favorite...'

"See what I mean? They haven't done anything this year but because they won last year..."

"And the year before."

"...they start out higher than anyone else, giving them a cushion should they falter a little bit."

"So?"

"Well a team ranked down near the bottom..."

"Like say Bakura Fleet."

"...would need a near perfect season to win a championship."

"Or even get in the playoff."

"Seriously? If those two teams played today, who do you think would win?"

"I don't know, that's why they play!"

"Any team that wins will be in, pre season ranking aren't that important."

"Then why do them?"

"Because Bardan has way too much free time on his hands."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

TAG: no one/everyone

HSN Pre Season Top 25

1. Chandrila A&M University
    2. The Ord Sabaok University
    3. Keldabe Military Institute, Mandalore
    4. University of Zeltros
    5. Coruscant Polytechnic Institute
    6. University of Kashyyyk
    7. Wookiee Forrest Institute
    8. Ralltiir University
    9. University of Csilla
    10. University of Onderon Rupings
    11. Cloud City University, Bespin
    12. UB Telaan Valley
    13. Royal College of Hapes
    14. University of Tatooine, Anchorhead
    15. Vertical City University, Nar Shaddaa
    16. College of Deredith & Millicent
    17. Druckenwell Technical University
    18. Duro State University
    19. University of Ord Mantell
    20. Grand Vulptur System University
    21. University of Bison
    22. Bakura Fleet Academy
    23. University of Denon
    24. Bilbringi University
    25. Prytis College of Natural Sciences

Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• BBC Sports releases its preseason predictions for the Bak10.
    • Defending champions PCNS slated to finish fourth.
      • “Beginner’s luck first time around. They couldn’t possibly do it again. The secret’s out about Olivar Kirt. He’s going to get triple teamed this season.”
    • UBTV expected to return to the top for the Bak10.
    • UB Salis D’aar sits at the middle of the pack
    • 296 playoff team Tiarest projected to finish near the bottom of the conference.
    • UBGC expected to finish last.
    • HSN: “Yep, go to Canto Bight with these predictions folk! It’s the BBC, so take them to the bank. Oh wait, that’s right--only do that if you want to lose your life savings. These projections are never right. We’ll eat our hats if UBTV wins the Bak10.”
    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik (beat me to it!)

jcgoble3, Bardan_Jusik and Runjedirun like this.
  25. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Draft Night

"The Carratos Pirates select Roh Varr Half Back, West O'Pahz Limmie Club, the Bakura Miners are on the clock."

TAG: @Trieste

Runjedirun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.