main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite League Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: El "Flea" Baganno III
    Bakura Gardens, Salis D’aar, Bakura

The banner reading GALACTIC CUP CHAMPIONS 296 slowly ascends from the grass to the rafters of the stadium, which (in addition to being a convenient place to show off team accomplishments) provides a bit of shelter on rainy game days for the stands in the highest deck. As it rises amidst the cheers of the assembled fans, the commemoration of last season’s improbable campaign will shortly take its place as the most recent in a line championships since the formation of the Elite League. It was the Miners’ fifth since 262, tying them in that same span with the team they would face off with against today (though the Mercs had achieved the same feat in a shorter period of time).

It’s an emotional day. For most of the Miners, standing shoulder-to-shoulder as they watch the banner rise, it’s the culmination of a long journey, one that no one had expected them to make. Some of the beings who had been on that ride had probably despaired they’d see the day, like the injured-in-287 Stephana Adiims and the never-quite-reaching-the-summit Harle Quinn.

Flea Baganno stands there, looking at the banner.

“It’s totally fine that I was on Cloud City when it all went down,” she says. “I had fun last year there. Really nice restaurants, beautiful views.”

She turns back to watch the banner. The applause and cheers of the crowd haven’t slackened since the banner began its heavenly journey. On the field, Shay Dionne gives Cavanaugh a one-armed hug with a smile as she looks at the embodiment of their inaugural accomplishment together.

To their side, facing the team, are the owners, the Noble Triestes: newly-reelected Prime Minister, third-term Minister of State, and university-bound twins. The all-Bakuran family.

“Don’t blame me,” Flea comments to you. “I’m from Atalanta.” She shrugs.

The banner finally fixes in place, the eleventh ELL championship for the Miners. They stand second only to Nar Shaddaa, trailing them by two Cups now. With the team accomplishment enshrined (including an updated aggregate Commissioner’s Trophy banner including last season), it’s time for the presentation of championship rings to each player, handed out by the Prime Minister with a smile and a firm handshake.

Down the line Ayn and Declan go, congratulating each one in turn. Flea patiently waits as the public address announcer lists each player as they receive their ring. Those who have gone to other teams, like Minnerva (who was in Flea’s spot last season), will get their rings when they come to Bakura for their game.

Ayn arrives at Flea’s position. “Don’t suppose you’ve got an extra one you’re looking to get rid of?” Flea says breezily, motioning with her head to the row of glittering rings Declan is holding for his wife.

The Prime Minister smiles, but doesn’t quite laugh. “This time next year?” Ayn suggests before moving on to give Bast her ring.

“Worth a try,” Flea shrugs.

Eventually the festivities finish and the game gets underway. It feels like it’s been an age since they came out of the locker room.

“No problem,” Flea says. “We’ll feed off the energy of the crowd. Can’t possibly go wrong in a home opener with a banner raising. Everything’s fine.”

Inside the locker room, Flea sits with her head in her hands. The scoreboard out in the stadium was wiped as soon as the game was over, as if that could somehow undo the atrocious performance the home team had turned in, but it might as well have been lit in neon numbers inside the locker room.

0-29. On Galactic Cup championship celebration day.

Next to Flea is a datapad with the headlines from around the league. One’s larger than the rest

BLOW A GASKET! The byline is almost as glowing: Gaskin keeps the Captains soaring in first SkimmerAde game on Bespin.

Flea looks up. “Everything’s fine. Everything is fine.” She puts her head back in her hands. “Fine, fine, fine. Fine.”

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik

Runjedirun, jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  2. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    IC TJ Allin

Gameday

It’s my third game in the ELL. It’s my first game at Salibury Hyperdrive Arena. Formerly, Financial Square, the field where my father played and coached. The stadium where I had attended games since I was brought into this Galaxy. Home. My first home game.

“What are you doing up so early?” Anna asks me as I throw off the covers.

“Can’t sleep,” I’m a ball of energy and the sun isn’t even up yet.

“Are you okay?” Anna was not with me on Tatooine during the season last year.

“Just anxious,” I assure her.

“Want me to try and make some breakfast?” Anna almost never cooks, but it is the weekend.

“Sure,” couldn’t be any worse than my father’s attempts to make meals.

“You think there’s anything to that plant-based diet your brother eats?” Anna asks as she throws some sausages onto a pan.

“Ezra takes everything to an extreme,” I tell her. I just want to go to the stadium and warm up. I don’t want to have some philosophical discussion. Not today. I suspect Anna does and I hope the fact that I don’t want to talk now doesn’t make me a bad husband.

I pull up some footage of last week’s Mercs/Miners game and Anna puts a plate of cooked sausages on the table. I grab one and consume it. I don’t even register if it tastes good. I’m watching the play on my data pad. I need to be able to get around this defense, today, in a few hours. I’m cramming.

Subconsciously, I hear Penni calling out. I see Anna drop her fork and pull out her chair dramatically. A few minutes later she semi storms into the kitchen. “You are here, you could help, I made breakfast.”

Work or family, what the hell matters here? Scoring that goal, we need to win later this afternoon or making Anna happy now? Both. Winning matters, making Anna happy matters. If we lose today, we lose ground to the Pirates who are on a tear and sure to beat the Miners. If Anna is not content, I can’t concentrate on the game. Realizing what the answer is I stand up and reach out my arms. “Here, I’ll take her. You eat.” I offer.

I take Penni and set her in my lap. “Watch this play,” I tell her as I replay another defensive stop from a week ago. Penni touches the screen pausing the play. Not what I wanted. I try not to get upset. I look where all the Mercs defensive players are located and try locating the Miners offensive players. Super analyzing, over analyzing. Before I finish, she touches the screen again and the play comes back to life. I realize this is not going to work so I put the data pad down and see if Penni wants to eat some sausage.

I watch the chrono all morning. I wonder when it will be a reasonable time for me to leave. How early is too early? I honestly don’t care. “Okay,” I say when I just can’t stand to be in the house any longer. “Game time.”

Anna looks up from her studies. I admire how hard she’s working to get her degree. “Really, so early?”

“There’s a lot to do before a game,” I inform her.

“Okay,” she sighs. “Good luck,” she says as she gets up and proceeds to give me a kiss on the cheek.

I gently move her cheek and kiss her on the lips. “Good-bye.” I say quickly after pulling away.

A few hours later I’m double tying my cleats. Preparing for warmups when I read a text from Anna.

Your mom is wearing leather pants.

So? I text back.

How old is your mom?

I laugh out loud. I’m not sure if Anna is making a joke or not, but she sure knows how to ease the tension when a guy is about to take the field for his first ever ELL home game.

Tag @Bardan_Jusik

Trieste likes this.
  3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"Three weeks into the college limmie season and folks, it has been a boring one in terms of movement in the rankings..."

"Only if you're looking at the top ten..."

"...You have to go all the way down to number 12 VCU to find the highest ranked team to lose this past week..."

"...but there is a lot of movement...'

"Comparatively"

"...in the bottom half of the rankings..."

"...though the biggest loser was number 17 UBTV..."

"...which is where all the fun is at."

"How so?"

"Everyone knows the teams in the top five, maybe even top ten, are playoff bound..."

"Maybe."

"...it's those teams beyond that who are fighting for a playoff spot, and the more chaos there the more fun it is to see who is in or out from week to week."

"Suppose so."

"...while the big winner was unranked Coruscant Air Fleet who will be looking to crack the top 25 for the first time this season."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

TAG: no one/everyone

HSN Top 25 after Week Three (LW)

1. Chandrila A&M University (1)
    2. University of Zeltros (2)
    3. The Ord Sabaok University (3)
    4. Keldabe Military Institute, Mandalore (4)
    5. University of Kashyyyk (5)
    6. Coruscant Polytechnic Institute (6)
    7. Wookiee Forrest Institute (7)
    8. Cloud City University, Bespin (8)
    9. Royal College of Hapes (9)
    10. Ralltiir University (10)
    11. University of Csilla (11)
    12. Druckenwell Technical University (16)
    13. University of Onderon Rupings (13)
    14. Bakura Fleet Academy (14)
    15. Vertical City University, Nar Shaddaa (12)
    16. University of Tatooine, Anchorhead (15)
    17. Duro State University (18)
    18. Prytis College of Natural Sciences (21)
    19. Grand Vulptur System University (19)
    20. University of Ord Mantell (23)
    21. University of Bison (20)
    22. Bilbringi University (24)
    23. UB Telaan Valley (17)
    24. Coruscant Air Fleet Academy (NR)
    25. Gargarrump University, Kashyyyk (22)

Trieste likes this.
  4. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Roh Varr
    Carratos

I am sleeping, peacefully in the knowledge that my team won out against a rival in the first home game of the season. That my actions lead directly to the success of the team. That there is nothing that anyone could say to criticize me, or rob me of the rest I've earned. That is until my comm buzzes. I roll over ignoring the sound, I had a long night last night I earned this rest. I return to sleep enjoying my reward.

That is until my comm buzzes again, this time not stopping. My eye opens staring at the device. Who could be calling at this hour didn't they know what happened last night.

I reach out my hand padding around for the comm before grabbing it and pulling close to me.

"What!" I think I say though it likely came out as a mumbled syllable.

"You up yet." Zara's voice echos through the comm and into my head.

"Why?"

"'Cause Coach Sabah just sent a message...practice today."

"What?"

"You want to be late again?" Zara replies clearly rushing herself.

"No….but Why…" I wine, I don't need this, we won, our defense won we don't need this.

"I don't know...but the Smugglers are up next."

"What…"

"You know the Smugglers the dirtiest team in the league. Coached by the dirtiest player in the league...and close personal enemy of Coach Sabah."

It still took me a moment...closer to a minute to put all those things together in my head...and then I remember the 'fight' I was 8 sitting there mouth agape as Sabah threw hands with Lerouex. It looked like the defender wanted to take the forward's head clean off.

I roll over nearly snapping up and out of bed, though I really really want to stay in it.

"I need to shower."

"No time girl, get dressed and get to the practice facility." Zara chides me. "Get decent and go...I don't know if you'll survive Sabah on the war path." There is a stress to her voice, a real threat and danger to it. This makes me move even faster throwing on a pair of sweats and a shirt.

I hope I'm not late, I hope I'm not late...

Practice Facility

I hope I'm not…

I burst into the locker room panting eyes wide the rest of the defense looks up at me.

Late…

"Jenny come lately." A growling voice echoes in the locker room. "Guess who gets to run laps?" Coach Sabah says in a singsongy voice. "All of you."

The defence groans, they all look at me...this is going to be hell.

"Get changed and get on the line." Sabah says her voice hard as durasteel.

I can't look anyone in the eye, they all know it is my fault, that this punishment was my doing. That I made them start their day with mindless running.

I get changed in silence though I hear the grumbling around me. A hard shoulder shoves into me. Looking behind I see Mighty Mo staring me down. I put up my hands...Yeah I messed up...there's nothing I can say.

The practice is hell, in reality it wasn't as bad as a normal practice but given the fact it comes after a game, and a game we won, it just feels worse. This isn't helped by the fact I got death glares from the rest of the team. All the while Sabah berates us.

"You think one win changes anything? You think just because you stopped the Mercs that I would let up? We will not stop, we will not ease off until we make the playoffs, understand?"

"Yes coach."

"Good. I will not have lackluster hustle and I will not allow sloppy play. I will not have a repeat of last year understand?"

"Yes coach."

"I'm going to bury that woman." I hear Sabah mutter under her breath as we continue to run.

Kaitlyn Vehn Memorial Coliseum

The team is celebrating, congratulating each other. The defense is all smiles, we did it we shut out the Smugglers, they couldn't do anything against us. Of course we were excited. This excitement didn't extend to our coach who just stood at the tunnel staring across the field the threat and danger in her posture apparent. There was some bad blood there, and even crushing her opponent wasn't enough.

As the team winds down, As I came down from remembering the play I made Sabah's gaze swept over me and I froze.

"Practice once we're back home."

I want to protest. I want to say that it isn't fair we stopped the Smugglers, not a score on us. But the wieght of Sabah's glare kept me silent.

"Yes coach."

What is it going to take?

TAG: @Vehn

Runjedirun, Vehn and Trieste like this.
  5. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus potential for Bakura, Carratos, Mando'ade, and Ralltiir.

297 Week 3 Results
    Coruscant Senators at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers (29-2)
    Carratos Pirates at Bakura Miners (27-27, OT 28-30)
    Mando'ade Mercs at Ralltiir Starkillers (12-34)

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 @Jedi Gunny @Runjedirun @Vehn

Vehn likes this.
  6. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for: Cloud City (33), Tatooine (28), Concordia (28) and Atzerri (28)

Skimmer Ade League Week Three Results
    Thyferra Force @ Druckenwell Marksmen (18-15)
    Atzerri Bandits @ Cloud City Sky Captains (8-31)
    Concordia Crusaders @ Tatooine Sandskimmers (4-25)

Tags: @Jedi Gunny @Vehn @galactic-vagabond422 @Trieste @Bardan_Jusik

Trieste likes this.
  7. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a cool, cloudy Taungsday afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz over on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

"That one hurt."

"Figuratively and literally."

"Well for Stargzer anyway."

"Yeah...big news of course, the Regan Stargazer injury as the Mercs get blown out 34 to 12 on Ralltiir against the Starkillers..."

"Who are looking pretty good at three an oh."

"...dropping the Mercs to one and two on the young season and things aren't looking so good from here going forward."

"Yeah, never a good thing when your star 'keeper goes down like that, especially a week after earning a shutout."

"She never looked especially crisp out there against the Starkillers though."

"No, she had given up a some points and was already on the hook for the loss when she went down clutching her knee which seemed to just give out on her..."

"Yeah, and that's when things got really out of hand for the Mercs as the backup, Blue, couldn't seem to stop anything."

"She looked shocked to be out there, and really devastated by the injury to someone who has become her mentor. I just hope a week of preparation helps her out because it looks like she is going to be between the pipes there for most of, if not the rest of the season now."

"Word form the Mercs is they're targeting a week eight return for Stargazer who did indeed sustain a serious knee injury."

"She never got hit."

"I think she tweaked something in warm ups, that's why she didn't seem quite right during the game, and then it just let go on her after that diving attempt against..."

"You think she was playing hurt?"

"Not hurt, not really. Just tweaked something which then led to the injury..."

"Oh."

"Trust me, happens all the time..."

"Well either way it looks like Blue will be anchoring down the 'keeper position until Stargazer is able to return..."

"...though it doesn't usually lead to a catastrophic injury like that."

"...and to fill in as the backup keeper the Mercs have announced they are calling up 3rd round draft pick Rho Larren..."

TAG: @Runjedirun

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Bakura Gardens, Salis D’aar, Bakura

Flea is bent over at the waist, her hands on her knees, breathing heavily. She extends one arm as she pants, holding up one finger.

“Just…” huff “...catching…” huff “...my…” huff “...breath.”

She straightens up and looks at the official, who doesn’t seem very sympathetic.

“You’ve been running this whole time too? How are you not winded?” she asks her.

The official doesn’t reply. It’s the start of overtime in the first Galactic Cup Final rematch to be played on the same field as where the big game took place, maybe in front of most of the same beings. The Pirates and their fans weren’t too appreciative to have to look at the Miners’ newly-minted championship banner. This isn’t a supposition, but a fact. Flea has evidence.

“STO-LEN BANN-ER! STO-LEN BANN-ER!” Pirates fans chant.

“It was ‘Gifted ring’ earlier,” Flea says. “And every time Harle gets the ball, ‘Tie your shoes.’ That one’s pretty good, mostly because she gets so upset every time she hears it. They also brought a good sign game today.”

During stops in play Flea had caught homemade placards with BAKURA MINERS THIEVES and pictures of Shay Dionne in a burgundy and black Miners jersey handing refs a briefcase of credits.

“I like that one the best,” Flea comments. “Nothing like implicating two teams at the same time.”

“Are you ready yet or are you going to sub out?” the ref asks.

“What? Do you have dinner reservations or something?” Flea retorts, her head snapping from you to the official.

The ref doesn’t seem to find this funny.

“OK, sure, let’s go, Ms. Hold-Your-Eopies,” Flea says, lining up against a Pirates midfielder.

“Should I do it?” Flea asks you as she gets into her stance. The defense has recovered the boloball--a minor miracle given the way Iris has schooled Veers today, the Final clearly still burning in her memory--and her instincts tell her that they’re going to run the ball through the midfield. It’s the safer play. More chance of turnovers in the air on the long pass than by breaking up the attack into stages.

Flea starts trotting, getting her legs going. They’re burning now, 70 minutes into the game. At least she got used to playing at altitude on Bespin, but it’s hard to prepare for an OT game when you gave it your all in regulation. Here it comes, the boloball spinning low towards her. She catches it with two hands.

“I’m going to do it,” Flea says. She cuts to the middle of the field, but the Pirates are ready, the zone clogged like the drain of a Wookiee’s shower. She dishes to Bast, who’s waiting in the wings to receive it and work the outside.

Flea keeps moving up field. They’ve practiced this. She can see the offense reacting. At 28-27, the Pirates know that the Miners could fire from far out to tie the game at any point. They’re playing stiff defense in the high half of their side of the field to keep the Miners from being able to get set for a long boot. Bast cuts back to the middle of the field, plowing deeper, hitting the Pirates’ wall.

“I’m doing it,” Flea states. Right before Bast hits the rushing Pirates defenders, she tosses the ball back to Flea, who’s open just enough to catch it cleanly with both hands and then pass down the field to Alexa Superspy, who breaks open just at the moment Flea passes.

“That’s right, it’s a fleaflicker, except I’m the flickee, not the flicker,” Flea says, seemingly not paying attention to Superspy as she catches the boloball on the run. She shifts it to her right hand, sets her feet, and pitches a screwball past Ard Borne into the back of the net.

“Nice signature play there,” Bast says, high-fiving Flea in celebration. “I’ll take the second assist for the stat sheet.”

Flea forms an O with her index finger and thumb, her three other fingers sticking out. She releases the index finger in a flicking motion with a smile and a wink to you.

The locker room is jubilant this week, so much so that the Miners, Flea included, can’t wait to get outside to talk to the press. After all, they finally have something worth talking about.

“El,” one of the reporters asks Flea, “How does it feel to notch your first ELL win?”

“You never forget your first time,” Fle says to you. “Great. Glad to get it behind me so I don’t ever have to hear that question again.”

“El, did you feel any pressure this week given the fact that Miley Gaskin has been the breakout star for the Sky Captains thus far in the SkimmerAde season?” someone else asks.

“Oh has she?” El says, as if she hasn’t noticed.

“Do you think your starting position is safe now?”

“Was it ever not safe?” Flea asks with a quizzical look as if to say, is-that-really-a-question-we-should-be-asking-right-now?

“Speaking of, Gaskin had another big day today. Midfield looked good against the Bandits,” a new reporter chimed in.

“Had they? I hadn’t heard,” Flea says. She tucks the datapad she’d had out in her lap with the headline Sky Captains Lock Up Bandits on the screen into her trouser pocket. “But good for them! Go team go.”

“What are your thoughts about heading to the notoriously hard Mesh’la Vhetin now that you’ve gotten your first win?”

“That game isn’t until the second half of the season,” Flea says, “so I’m not thinking about it.”

“Actually, it’s next week. And it’s their home opener.”

Flea blinks. “Oh. Then I feel...fine. Totally fine. Just fine. Really. Fine.”

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422

9. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    OOC: Posting this a few days early as I'll be out of town for the weekend.

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"Well we've passed by the halfway mark of the college bolo ball season and in what's become a theme this year so far, expect little to no m ovement in the top ten as all came away with victories this week."

"Might see Csilla move up after their big win though..."

"Especially after Ralltiir struggled in their own match, wouldn't be surprised to see them fall out of the top ten despite the victory."

"Ranked S16 teams like Duros and GVSU..."

"I hate those guys."

"...were the big winners this week after dominating victories over Kuat and National respectively..."

"Those were both shutouts weren't they?"

"Nah, Duros gave up a bar point in the last minute."

"Oh, still what a 30 point win?"

"Yeah."

"Meanwhile, teams on the bubble continue to change as VCU and UTA both took critical losses."

"That game on Tatooine looked close for a while..."

"Yeah, right up until it didn't anymore."

"While a sloppy week in the Bak10 hurt the chancers for both Bakura Fleet and PCNS."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

HSN Top 25 after Week Four (LW)

3. The Ord Sabaok University (3)
    4. Keldabe Military Institute (4)
    5. University of Kashyyyk (5)
    6. Coruscant Polytechnic Institute (6)
    9. University of Csilla (11)
    10. Royal College of Hapes (9)
    11. Druckenwell Technical University (12)
    12. Ralltiir University (10)
    13. Duro State University (17)
    14. University of Onderon Rupings (13)
    15. Grand Vulptur System University (19)
    16. Bakura Fleet Academy (14)
    17. University of Ord Mantell (20)
    18. Vertical City University, Nar Shaddaa (15)
    19. University of Tatooine, Anchorhead (16)
    20. Prytis College of Natural Sciences (18)
    21. University of Bison (21)
    22. Gargarrump University, Kashyyyk (25)
    23. Bilbringi University (22)
    24. Tipoca City College, Kamino (NR)
    25. University of Myrkyr (NR)

Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  10. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC TJ Allin

It’s all feeling a little too easy. I know Serene and I have a rhythm that can only be explained by relation, but Stargazer just isn’t playing like herself. Then, she goes down. It’s never a pretty sight to see someone leave a game. For a few minutes we struggle. There’s that little bit of fear that I might be next. As in the next person to be injured and removed from the game. Coach Teaspoon calls a time out. She growls at us and asks us why we are slowing down.

I think it’s a real advantage, having a Wookiee for a coach. She’s got a pretty terrifying growl and when she says to stop playing like a pansy, you listen. After that time out the entire offense just clobbered poor Blue. What mattered was I got a win at my first home game. It felt good didn’t matter what the circumstances were. Except for one thing, that my dad was missing from the sidelines. Not just the sidelines he wasn’t in the stadium.

After showering post game, I gave Anna and Penni hugs. Then I told them I had to make a stop on the way home. I’m not sure if Anna knew where I was headed, but she’s the nicest girl this Galaxy can find; she didn’t ask questions. I went to my father’s grave site. I told him all about the win. I thanked him for all the pointers over the years. Most of all I thanked him for being my dad and told him I was just beginning to realize how much having him around growing up meant to me then and now.

When I got home, I was thankful that Anna hadn’t put Penni to bed yet. I helped bathe her and even read a story to her. Home games are awesome. I can play Limmie and I can be dad on the same day. There needs to be more days like this.

As I’m about to turn in I get a text from Colt. He congratulates me on the hot start to the season. I tell him, I miss him. Wish he was here. He tells me I don’t miss him I just miss his holo game set up. It’s not true. Colt was a good teammate and a good friend. I remind him that his team is having a pretty awesome start too and maybe he will join me here on Ralltiir someday. His reply: My mother would like that.

I wonder what it means. Doesn’t Colt want to play in the ELL? I don’t really have too much time to think about it. I need my rest. We got a win today. Doesn’t mean we can stop and revel in our success. No, we got a target on our backs as the best team in the league now. It’s time to move into another gear.

Tag: @Bardan_Jusik

Trieste likes this.
  11. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    IC Roh Varr
    Bakura

"Jenny tag in." Sabah shouts at me as I sit on the bench. It was a shootout and Sabah wasn't happy. We had practiced, and slaved away under the hard gaze of Sadistic Sabah, for all that we're not doing the best. My heart is up in my throat as I get to my feet. We had a plan for the Miners but it isn't working. The only thing keeping us in the game was the one player that no one could stop, Scarface. I spent half the time on the bench just looking up at the holo screens just watching the Phenom move and cut through defenses.

Iris had spent most of her time just tearing past Veers, the only defender that could stand up to the raw talent of Iris. Veers fights hard every play but there is just something inside Iris that gives her just another gear. I can't believe half the things she is doing.

I shake my head giving Zara a high-five as I take the field. I need to focus on my part, on my play. I need to shutdown the Miner's top scorer, Quinn. Zara had done an admirable job getting us this far, keeping the score as close as it was. Now it is my turn. Though the blackspot was helping. Every time Quinn touched the ball the chants would rain down on her. And it looked like they really got to her, rattled her a little. I could use that, I am going to use that.

The anger over the ending of last year's GC still burned hot in the chest of every Pirate fan. And if Logan's words in the locker room were to be believed, in the team's heart too. I know it burns in mine. Though that could just be to mask the fear I feel looking at Coach Sabah. Her face is set in stone, her chest rising and falling with huge breaths. She has the look of a woman on the edge, someone ready to burst into flames.

Trotting out to my spot I get myself set...after going a few more rounds with Scarface, I feel oddly confident. I never stopped her in scrimmage, no one did, but I did manage to gain a few steps on her and make her juggle a pass or two. If I can do that against the best in the league, I should be able to handle the second best...maybe third.

The pass flies close to the Half Forward. I show the discipline that has been drilled into me and don't try to jump the pass. Don't want to be caught out of position. Don't want Sabah coming down on us like a ton of bricks. She just might anyway with how close this game is. As soon as Quinn's hands touch the ball the chants begin.

"TIE YOUR SHOES" A call back to the blown call that gifted the Miner's their win over the Pirates. Quinn looked away for a moment and I pounced. I take careful aim. I have to be perfect, I can't be a millimeter off. After taking a second I throw my fist forward making contact and knocking the ball out of Quinn's grasp. A trick that is becoming something of a specialty of mine. With the ball loose I knock it forward to the midfield, leaving it up to DragonBlaster to get it up to the hot hand that is burning up the field.

Iris scores, leaving Veers in the turf behind her. With that goal we finally pull ahead. All I need to do is make the stop and we finally take the win against these New Miners. I play close to Quinn not giving her any room to breathe. My feet are quicker given that I've only been going for less than half the time of my mark's. The midfield looks for the pass but wouldn't find it looking Quinn's way I have her locked down. Shifting to the other side the pass comes down, I stick to my side, I don't rotate, don't want to leave the opposition's best scorer open for a pass or rebound.

Somehow, the Miners find the space they need and tie up the score. Ard tries a desperate deep pass to Iris giving us a sliver of hope but, the clock is against us...it runs out before the ball even reaches the star.

It is a tense break while Coach Manx-Sandin preps for the overtime. Coach Sabah is silent, glaring at us while the head coach lays out game plans that clearly favor putting the ball into Iris's hands. Not that we didn't have other options but Iris is the playmaker. If anyone can make something happen she can.

As the defense moves to take the field again Sabah stops us.

"Don't let them score...not a single point." She admonishes us. We all know that more pain awaits us if we fail.

With that threat I take my place ready to keep Quinn under wraps.

Right out the gate Iris explodes, ripping up the field to get into position the offense moves quickly giving the Miner's defense no time to set up. Scarface is going for the kill. Seconds into the overtime she has her first shot on goal. It looks good, a little high but good. That is until the goalie makes the best of a bad situation and just bats the ball over the bar robbing Iris of the goal and leaving the Pirates with only a one point lead.

That is fine, it is fine, Iris will score again, we can hold them off.

And for minutes and minutes we do. Quinn can't get anything going not with me shadowing her. Erza is locking down the center and Vahava is picking at the far side. We can do this, all Iris needs to do is score a goal, she's done this hundreds of times.

The goal never comes...Iris is shredding everything in her path but just can't find the goal. Even the rebounds created are out of bounds or picked up by the Miners. We just can't catch a break. Iris makes another play but is rebuffed. Time is running out we need this stop, to win the game but more importantly to to avoid Sabah's ire.

I see the midfield developing I can almost see the trick coming. We didn't plan for this, and I don't know if we have the stamina to keep going. We bunch up stopping the immediate threat. I watch the pass to the outside, Erza and Vahava quickly on Bast. I start dropping back keeping Quinn close though I know I'm supposed to split the difference between Superspy and Quinn. I can't leave my mark open, I just can't. I see the pass coming and I'm too far away. I give everything I have left, the last gasp my legs can give. I lay out for it hand up in the air to try and swat the pass away that's all it would take.

I get a fingertip on it...so close so, so close but can do nothing. I crash into the ground as the goal horn sounds. Soon after the final whistle cries out over the field...I'm still face first in the turf. I can't get up. It is my fault...all my fault again.

"Need a hand." A calming voice spoke from behind me, well above me. With a heavy breath I finally roll over looking up at Zara offering her hand. Slowly I take it, not looking forward to the hell I'm going to face next practice.

"I messed up." I mutter getting to my feet.

"Well, don't take it too hard. Someone else is already doing that." As Zara spoke she looked to Iris on her knees, head hung. The star just stays there...until Leigh, the coach of the other team walks over putting a hand on her shoulder and pulling her former protege to her feet. It seemed for today this monkey lizard remained on her back. Four games four losses. I can't help but feel, is this the second coming of the Lopaki curse? A former member of the team defects to another and the Pirates can never win against them?

"You ok? I may need to go check on my friend." Zara asks looking to me with a smile.

"I guess, looks like she's got all the support she needs." I comment moving towards the bench.

"Only so much Leigh can hug and make better."

I'm still smiling as the Veteran walked away. That smile quickly faded when I caught sight of Coach Sabah, not saying anything but the anger burning in her eyes.

This is going to be a long week.

TAG: @Trieste

Trieste likes this.
  12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus potential for Bakura, Carratos, Mando'ade, and Ralltiir. :)

297 Week 4 Results
    Coruscant Senators at Ralltiir Starkillers (1-20)
    Bakura Miners at Mando'ade Mercs (22-20)
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Carratos Pirates (7-30)

13. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for: Cloud City (33), Tatooine (33), Concordia (28) and Atzerri (28)

Skimmer Ade League Week Four Results
    Thyferra Force @ Tatooine Sandskimmers (0-22)
    Cloud City Sky Captains @ Concordia Crusaders (21-5)
    Druckenwell Marksmen @ Atzerri Bandits (22-1)

Tags: @Jedi Gunny @Trieste @Bardan_Jusik @Vehn @galactic-vagabond422

Trieste likes this.
  14. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    IC: Galin S’rily

You want to know the worst way to follow up a good game? Have a really bad one. Yeah, that Ralltiir game wasn’t so great . . . wish we could forget about it.

I’m not sure what to make of our team just yet. After jettisoning a bunch of veteran players over the offseason and adding a lot of younger players to the roster (not to mention the trimming of the roster size), there’s been a lot of learning curve issues to hurdle. With it comes many challenges, namely trying to figure out exactly what we’re capable of.

I can start in many places, but I’ll start with myself. I’m starting at corner back this year across from Jac Jeshua, the longtime stud corner who took over the reins from our now-HC Christine Gamble. Now, I used to take some pointers from Coach, but Jeshua sat behind her for a year to learn how to play at this level. He’s great – I, on the other hand, aren’t that great. I know how to play, and I generally do a solid job, but it’s not exactly a finished product out there. Being stuck in the starting lineup before I’m ready isn’t great either – never thought I would be starting anytime soon.

Then there’s Paige Terrask, our new midfielder. She seems pretty good – better be since she’s the first overall Draft pick – but she’s inexperienced. Plus, not to mention how hard the Captain has been on her since she got here. It’s hard to do well when there’s so much pressure on your shoulders, something I know a ton about, and it’s taking her time to figure things out. Then again, Ralltiir has been rolling through the league this season, so I’m not sure if we’re really this inconsistent or if they’re just that good through four weeks.

Then there’s Laseema Ven, our backup goalie. OK, yes, I guess she’s my girlfriend . . . yeah, we’re probably there after a couple years . . . anyways, she’s definitely chomping at the bit to make the push for the starting role between the pipes. Fam Keth hasn’t looked good since he re-signed, and honestly I’m not sure if he’s the same guy I saw lead this team to three Finals appearances in a row. Now, I want to see Laseema get that starting gig, but I also want to win . . . how do you balance these opinions when you talk with her? I’m running out of options here . . . help?

Then there’s our on-and-off offense. Buck’s not doing so hot thus far this year, and some of our new players aren’t quite where we need them to be. Then again, our front line’s been our best weapon so far, with Oriana doing her usual scoring to pick up the load. Too bad Freya Stormhelm retired – she knew what to do in these situations. Hope Coach can right that particular ship.

So it’s safe to say that I’m not quite sure what to think at this point. We’ll find out a lot more about how good we are the season goes on, but I’m guessing that we’re still a few years from contention. I don’t know if we can make a run, but I guess stranger things have happened. I’m just not seeing it right now. That’s not to be too negative, but we don’t have the right mix of consistent players yet. That’ll take some time to work out.

Hey, the comm’s ringing, and it’s Laseema. Gotta go! Wish me luck to not say something stupid . . .

TAG: @Runjedirun (for Ralltiir bits)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Mesh’la Vhetin, Keldabe, Mandalore

“What?” Flea shouts.

The ref’s lips move, but she can’t hear him.

“Can you speak up?” Flea yells again.

Same result. The ref even gesticulates this time, but nothing.

“Do you know sign language?” Flea asks loudly, even though she doesn’t know sign language.

For the first time in her career, Flea is being bombarded by sound from every direction. The home crowd is fired up for their first home game (which is inexplicable, yet somehow the case). It’s been a tight one from start to finish and this game will be the difference between a .500 mark on the season or potentially last place in the league for both teams.

The ref finally marches up to Flea and reaches towards her with both hands. This is unsettling and Flea has the urge to punch the ref.

“But that would be bad,” Flea admits and she restrains herself.

The ref’s hands go for her face…and pull the earplugs out of her ears.

“Why are you even wearing these things?” the ref demands.

The crowd noise is loud, but not overpowering. In fact, she can now hear Bast moaning from meters away, “Come onnnnnnnnnnnn! Can we just get going?”

“Huh, guess I didn’t need those,” Flea says with a shrug.

There’s two minutes left and the home fans in their millions can sense the impending victory with a two-point lead. The clock will start on a free kick by Flea.

“Hmmmmm…a little too long to try to make it over the bar from here,” Flea observes. “Oh well! Next best thing I guess!”

With a three step running start, Flea boots the ball deep into the offensive zone. Players converge on the expected landing point outside the goal box. Flea watches the ball complete its arc, falling down towards the tangle of blue and silver jerseys and the white visitor kits. It’s Angel Sorano who’s leading the Miners’ charge, but she’s got Byron and Terragone to contend with. Then, to nearly everyone’s surprise, the sleek Selonian Revos Lib clambers onto Sorano’s back. She steadies herself with one hand on the Nevlaanian’s head (something that Sorano doesn’t appear to appreciate) and sticks her hand up in the air as high as she can get it. Sure enough, Sorano’s in position and now Lib has an extra reach above and beyond the ground-bound Mercs. The boloball deflects off Lib’s hand and over the bar for a point, narrowing the gap to one. The home fans aren’t happy, but it was better than a goal so they’ll take it.

“Is that even legal?” Bast asks in disbelief.

Flea looks at you and shrugs with an honest I-don’t-know-but-who’s-to-argue-if-the-refs-don’t-call-it? expression on her face.

The Mercs start coming up the field again. With only a point separating the teams now and time ticking away, it looks like the great field commander Ryi Kor’le isn’t going to try to defend the lead. She’s going to press the attack.

“That’s a Mandalorian for you. The best defense is a good offense,” Flea comments.

Today Flea has drawn Maximus, captain of the Mercs, as her midfield matchup. He’s the one charging up the field to execute the endgame.

“Sadly, he does not entertain me,” Flea mentions offhandedly as the hulk of a man barrels towards her, his mission clear. Also clear is the fact that Flea is in his way.

She comes forward to meet him and block his progress, but one meaty forearm gives Flea the shiver and then she’s on her back on the turf. By the time she’s on her feet, he’s halfway through the offensive zone, but he’s got two Miner defenders hanging on to him. It’s slowing him down, but he knows he doesn’t have to score, he just has to keep possession of the boloball.

Flea runs towards what’s becoming a growing ruck of players as Miners and Mercs pile on. It’s not looking good.

“No no no!” Flea shouts as she realizes what’s going to happen. Time’s going to run out.

There’s probably the entire defense of the Miners and offense of the Mercs involved in this scrum now. It’s a mess, which is the way the Mercs want it.

And then, just as Flea gets there to throw herself on top of the whole thing in frustration, there it is, sitting in the open, ignored by a dozen players: the boloball, on the field, a meter away from her.

“What’s that saying about a gift eopie and their mouth?” Flea asks you with one eyebrow cocked.

She scoops up the ball and pivots to head towards the Mercs’ goal. She’s two steps away from the still-ongoing fight (which doesn’t appear to be paying any attention to her) when she sees the whole of the Mercs defense coming towards her, the Miners offense hot on their heels.

“Gah!” Flea yelps, immediately dishing the boloball to Bast.

“I don’t want it! They’re going to kill me!” Bast protests, tossing the ball back to Flea.

“No, you take the glory!” Flea insists, sending it back to her midfield partner.

“You’re the one who put us in this mess!” Bast says, once again looping the boloball to Flea.

Before Flea can once again give it back, Bast is crushed by two Mercs and Flea finds that she’s run all the way up to the halfway point of the offensive zone.

“What are you doing?” Leilu Grabbert shouts. “Clock! Clock!!!” She’s pointing madly at the seconds dwindling away in the game.

“Oh! Right!” Flea exclaims. She pops the ball off her foot in a fast, low pass that crosses the field, moving Blue side-to-side in the goal, opening up the angles. Harle Quinn is ready for it and she times the swing of her foot with the arrival of the boloball. It rockets like a speeder bike kicking into high gear into the back of the net before the clock hits zero.

Mercs 20, Miners 22.

“We won,” Flea states. She looks at you. “We won? We won!”

Except there’s no one for her to celebrate with. Nearly everyone else on the field is mired in some kind of tangle of players, even though time has expired. Even Quinn is stuck under Nolen Riian, who flattened her just after her game-winning kick.

Flea shrugs. “Last being standing I guess.”

She is promptly tackled by Mercs midfielder Harkash Giles.

“Ow.”

Miners shuttle en route to Ralltiir

Flea sighs as she settles into a hot bath. “Hello sweet reward.” It’s got those fun jets to massage all the sore parts of the body.

“Oh hey, want some reading material?” Bree Veers asks as she walks by in a robe, apparently finished with her own aquatic recuperation. She sets up a datapad on a stand for Flea. “I find it helps the brain unwind.”

“Cheers,” Flea says as Bree withdraws. “Let’s see what’s up in the old galaxy today.”

Bree has left an article open for Flea.

CAPTAINS CRUSH CRUSADERS
    Gaskin goes gigantic; gashes goalkeeper greatly

Flea picks up the datapad and tosses it into a nearby tub where it briefly sparks as it hits the water before fizzling.

“On second thought I think I’ll just close my eyes and enjoy a nice, fine soak,” Flea says.

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik and Runjedirun like this.
  16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a rainy and cool Taungsday afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz over on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh man do we have a lot to talk about today."

"Mercs lose again..."

"Be grateful they're playing at all."

"...dropping three of the first four games of the season."

"Every other sport seems to be cancelled anyhow."

"Yeah, and that one was a heart breaker, the way they lost there to the Miners..."

"Could have, should have, been a win, but instead the Mercs manage to pull a loss form the jaws of victory."

"...22-20, and now well now they're in trouble."

"Trouble indeed, ahead of just the winless Strugglers in the standings..."

"Who they play this week."

"Yeah that is going to be a pivotal game."

"Must win?"

"Well, I was going to say pivotal in seeing which of the two teams had an inside track to the first pick in the draft but yeah sure, must win."

"Draft?"

"E-Yup."

"That bad already?"

"Well, barring a tremendous showing from the Mercs the rest of the way, they will be sitting out the post season here again for the second year in a row."

"After the beskar age of limmie, I somehow doubt the other teams..."

"Or Players."

"...will be mourning that development."

"They're not that far behind the Miners or Sens."

"Sure sure, but they are in danger of getting lapped by the Starkillers and the Pirates..."

"shab I hate those guys."

"...are in good shape right now too."

"Hey Mercs were in the same place last season, one and three..."

"And they missed the playoffs."

"...and wound up in first place for a week." Randy paused. "Yeah they missed the playoffs, but it was on tiebreakers so they got..."

"To spend the post season like the rest of us, watching it on the holo."

"...Close. I was going to say close."

"Close only counts in eopie shoes and thermal detonators."

"Don't forget flamethrowers."

TAG: @Trieste

17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"Regular season starting to wind down for college bolo ball and we finally will see a bit of movement at the top of the rankings as number three Ord Sabaok..."

"Not even going to correct you."

"...took a loss that will see them tumble out of the top five."

"That was a hard loss."

"Still in a playoff spot though, that's what matters."

"You sound like you're trying to convince yourself..."

"I am."

"Farther down on the bubble, number 18 VCU took a hit to their own playoff chances with a loss..."

"They are going to have some ground to make up if they want to play in the post season."

HSN Top 25 after Week Five (LW)

3. Keldabe Military Institute (4)
    4. University of Kashyyyk (5)
    5. Coruscant Polytechnic Institute (6)
    6. The Ord Sabaok University (3)
    9. University of Csilla (9)
    10. Royal College of Hapes (10)
    11. Druckenwell Technical University (11)
    12. Ralltiir University (12)
    13. University of Onderon Rupings (14)
    14. Duro State University (13)
    15. Bakura Fleet Academy (16)
    16. University of Ord Mantell (17)
    17. Grand Vulptur System University (15)
    18. University of Bison (21)
    19. Bilbringi University (23)
    20. Vertical City University, Nar Shaddaa (18)
    21. Tipoca City College, Kamino (24)
    22. Prytis College of Natural Sciences (20)
    23. University of Northern Dependencies, Corsin (NR)
    24. University of Tatooine, Anchorhead (19)
    25. Gargarrump University, Kashyyyk (22)

18. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC Ty Allin Jr

We just beat Coruscant again, sweep! Final score 20-1 Next we play the Miners

Wow! Our defense is amazing. My uncle is a genius for drafting and holding onto Wiskey Wella, the Pantoran shut down nearly every play the Senators tried to run this afternoon. Not to brag, but my offense wasn’t too shabby either. I scored a goal and two bar points. I also had 3 assists. The most amazing being on our team has to be our captain my Uncle Tomas. He orchestrates the offense and defense from midfield and he’s doing it all with a new partner. He’d been playing with Lawco for his whole career and his ability to adjust is something all of us have learned from.

I can’t believe it, I just can’t believe we are 4-0. No one expects this, especially not in their rookie season. My life is perfect, or at least it should be. I never expected playing pro Limmie to be so much work. It’s not just all the competition between my teammates either. There’s competition at home too. Who’s the better parent? As the parent who lived away from home for several months last year I have a lot of ground to make up.

Luckily right now we are on pretty even ground. Anna is taking her studies really seriously. I respect that a lot because I know how much having a career means to me and I know Anna wants to make a difference in the Galaxy. I never wanted one of those reality holo wives who spent my credits. I was very lucky to meet Anna.

I get one day off a week and I try to make the most of it. I take Penni to the park and swing her on a swing. I put her in my lap and we go down the slide together. Her laugh is infectious so we go down the slide together at least 20 times. I take her to my favorite café and try to introduce her to nachos, but she just spits them back out. I remember being here with my parents and siblings. As much as I am enjoying this season and all the wins. I wish Ezra was older and I wish he was on the field with me. I know he wants to finish school and may not be ready for the ELL until 301. Wow, a whole new century.

Before I am ready my day off is over and I’m back at practice. Serene, Breena, Sancheese, Lofykam, Lorgess, they’ve become my best friends. Sancheese says it’s really important we beat the Miners. “Because they won the cup last year.” I say.

“No,” Lofykam roars. She growls on to let us know they she absolutely hates it when she has to watch them eat golden oranges after the game. The golden oranges are hers. She roars!

Tomas and his new midfield partner a former Miner who we call “Minn” agree. So that’s what I’m playing for this week. Some fruit. I know, it’s a lot more than fruit. It’s the chance to remain the only unbeaten team. It’s one step closer to the play-offs. It’s a Limmie game. Is it Sunday yet. I want to play Limmie.

Colt Sureysh agrees. Practice is a lot of work. Maybe we should have played Lightball they play what 180 games a year? There’s no waiting a week for the next game. Weeks are long during Limmie season. Colt feels all the pressures I do to win this week. Maybe even more since the Sky Captains are also undefeated. He’s changed his tune a little bit about possibly coming to Ralltiir though? “I’ve been thinking,” he says. “If I can get a little more experience down here, you know actually win a title first. Maybe I really could hack the ELL.”

“I hope to be your teammate again.” I say. I hope he wins a title for Tatooine. They deserved one last year, the fans down there are great. They brave the heat for our games, guzzle Skimmer Ade and stop you on the street for autographs.

Speaking of which I saw someone wearing my jersey today. Out in public. I never thought it would be so surreal. Beings wore my father’s jersey, hell I still see Allin jerseys. It gave me an idea. I want to make sure my dad’s memory stays alive. I called my brother and he agreed. So we spoke to my uncle. We are going to print home jersey’s that say Allin Sr. All profits will go to medical research. I’ve asked that profits for my jersey sales be given to medical research as well.

Tags: @Jedi Gunny @Trieste

Trieste likes this.
  19. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    IC Roh Var
    Carratos

I am back at practice after the heartbreaking loss to the Miners and well, as expected, it is hell. Another early start, more laps run, I can feel my body wearing down. My muscles ache, my joints are stiff, but I push through, because I have to. Because I have to because if I don't then I know that Coach Sabah would punish everyone else for my screwups. The one thing I don't need is more heat. Mighty Mo already looks ready to take my head off.

My aches and pains are not helped by the strength training we're doing today. Thankfully we're only doing 'What we can do'. While it is nice to try and push myself beyond what I think is good for me...It can feel a little embarrassing. Especially when I'm doing squats next to the aforementioned Might Mo. The woman is built like a truck, with muscles that put some of the men to shame.

She effortlessly moves weight nearly double what I have on my bar...and I am struggling. It makes any possible retribution from her for my actions just a little more terrifying.

I hear someone stepping to the station on my otherside, the one not occupied by a mountain of a woman. Looking to it I see Iris prepping her bar. I look away for a bit trying to finish my set before see her hefting more than I am...I could take Mo making me look like a weakling, she does that to everyone. But Iris, a forward, an offensive player being stronger than me, it felt wrong, like it wasn't supposed to happen.

I set my bar back on the rack sweating and out of breath. My legs are burning and I can't help the incredulous look I'm giving to the star player. Is there something she can't do better than me?

I look over my shoulder and see coach Sabah prowling like a predator watching all of us with that angry glare. The loss by one goal to the Miners and the Smugglers next on the schedule is a double whammy. This is going to be more hellish practices this week in Sabah's Sweatshop.

I take a huge gulp of water looking on with disbelief as Iris continues to heft that bar that I would be worried to attempt. Though I feel a bit of competitiveness rise in me. I'm not nothing am I. Sure Iris is the star player, but she has to have something she isn't perfect at. Feeling frustration I put more weight on my bar, I'll prove I can do this. Taking a few breaths I lift the bar. It's rough, my legs feel like they are about to give out, but I have to do this, I have to.

Going down I can feel my knees start to shake, my legs burn.

I have to do this.

At the bottom I tighten my muscles straining to push back up.

I have to do this.

I'm barely half way up and my legs begin to totter.

I have to do this!

With everything I have left I rise up standing straight with my eyes wide…

I did it. I...I did it.

As I stagger back my balance begins to fail me, I know I'm going to go down that I was going to make a fool of myself. That is when I feel a hand on the bar steadying me.

"I got you." A familiar and calming voice speaks from over my shoulder. The relief washes over me as I set the bar back on the rack. Now my muscles have had enough I look around no one seems to notice, or care. My shoulder's slump forward the feeling of accomplishment fading as I am the only one to care. "Good job." the voice spoke again. I turn around to see Zara smiling.

"You're the only one to notice." I mutter.

"Well, they're busy as well." The veteran replied. "Take a break, get some water. You've done good."

"You think it is safe to do that, with Coach looking for someone to tear to shreds?" I ask looking over Zara's shoulder to the glowering Zeltron.

"Don't worry, take your break. It'll be fine."

I find an empty bench sitting down and letting my legs get the rest they need. I can already feel the pain I'm going to feel tomorrow. Every now and again I look up to mark where Coach Sabah is. I know Zara says it will be fine but...I can feel Sabah looking for anyone slacking off. I do my best to try and look busy but I can't help but feel I'm slacking off. The guilt rises in my heart but my muscles are crying out. I need a break but I can't fully take one.

I turn around and see Sabah glaring at me.

"You slacking off Jenny?" She barks. Hastily I put some weight on the bench press. My arms are in no shape to be doing this but I fear the wrath of the coach and Mo more.

It isn't a lot of weight but hopefully it was enough to get the coach off my back. It hurts and hurts a lot but if it got the heat off me it would be worth it.

When coach finally calls an end to practice I let out a sigh it's over.

I go home and collapse my body can't take much more…

Arcadia Colosseum

I'm panting near the sideline as the clock winds down, a convincing win over the Smugglers, Sabah locked eyes with Lerouex a slight smirk on her face. Another notch in the long running rivalry between the pair.

I would think that Sabah would be happy, you know sticking it to a hated rival...Not so much that scowl remains as she looks to me.

When will this ever change...

Trieste likes this.
  20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus potential for Bakura, Carratos, Coruscant, Mando'ade, and Ralltiir.

297 Week 5 Results
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Mando'ade Mercs (5-2)
    Bakura Miners at Ralltiir Starkillers (14-0)
    Carratos Pirates at Coruscant Senators (26-21)

21. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for: Cloud City (33), Tatooine (33), Concordia (28) Thyferra (28) and Atzerri (28)

Skimmer Ade League Week Five Results
    Druckenwell Marksmen @ Concordia Crusaders (0-10)
    Cloud City Sky Captains @ Tatooine Sandskimmers (11-22)
    Atzerrri Bandits @ Thyferra Force (2-18)

Tags
    @Vehn @Bardan_Jusik @Trieste @galactic-vagabond422 @Jedi Gunny

Trieste likes this.
  22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Salibury Hyperdrive Arena, Cambrielle, Ralltiir

Another week, another captain.

It was the very-much-not-entertained Maximus last week. This week it’s Tomas Vigo. He’s Starkiller royalty.

“Let’s get one thing straight,” Flea says. “Just because I talk like this doesn’t mean I automatically defer to any royals.”

And she hasn’t. Not by a long shot. It’s a tough slog at midfield. The truth is that Flea’s physically outmatched against an athlete of the caliber of Tomas Vigo. He’s not captain of the Starkillers because of his last name. He’s captain because he’s an incredibly gifted athlete, one who’s overseen an amazing midfield through four games, one that boasts a +88 point differential. That means that the Starkillers have won by an average of 22 points a game. Nar Shaddaa hasn’t even scored 22 points yet this season.

So how is the scoreboard 10-0 in favor of the Miners?

“So then I said to my friend Kelli, ‘I’ve been meaning to ask you: why do you spell your name with an I? I mean, I know it’s not your fault. Your parents gave you the name. But then again you could have changed it. You’re an adult after all. Anyways, why spell it with an I? Everyone else spells it with a Y, which is just so much more sensible.’ And that was when I remembered Kellie Clackersdotter, who I knew in primary school. She spelled her name with an IE. So I’m really at a crossroads here. Do I own up to the fact that I actually know a Kelly who’s really a Kellie with an IE and therefore a Kelli with an I isn’t technically that weird? That would mean losing the argument and if you’ve learned one thing about me it’s probably the fact that I don’t like losing. I mean, sure, we all lose sometime. It’s part of life, but nobody likes it. Also, you may have learned that I have incredible breath control when I want to. I mean, say what you will about Horst Penn--three-time Galactic Cup champion, galaxy’s biggest doofus, likely genetic donor that resulted in Grady Owens--but there’s no way he could have kept this up through 40 minutes of limmie. I mean, the fact that he’s classified as an athlete is really stretching things. I realize you haven’t been in a locker room with him, but surely you’ve seen the HSN footage of the time he ate five bags of fruit candy on the bench during a holo timeout. Not halftime. A holo timeout. I think there are 2-1B droids that have probably short circuited by looking at his medical readouts. Speaking of that, did you ever hear about the 2-1B droid that cared for Luke Skywalker after his wampa attack on Hoth? Did you know he had an advice column in a holozine? My parents got me the collected columns in a holobook and I loved them as a kid. A bitter droid with an axe to grind? Yes please! They should really put those out on the Holonet again. I think they’d be a big hit. Hey, did I mention that I think droids should have full rights like a sentient being? Oh, that’s right, I think I mentioned it halfway through the first half. But I know you’d really love to hear more! Well OK then! Since you asked for it--He didn’t ask for it. He hasn’t said anything all game long.--more fun facts about L3-37! Reason #41 that L3 is the greatest droid in all of history: she has an amazing voice and accent! Reason #42 that L3 is the greatest droid in all of history: she’s a revolutionary and she’s a feminist and she is fighting for the rights of her people and she’s completely fearless about that. Now I know what you’re going to say, Tomas. ‘But Ms. Baggano--’ that’s awfully kind and considerate of you to be so respectful even though we’re in the middle of a heated battle. Thanks Mr. Vigo! See, I didn’t say Tomas that time to show you the same courtesy. Gosh, putting me to shame there! ‘But Ms. Baggano--’ I do know there’s a 95% chance his voice sounds nothing like that, but I’m not getting much to work with here. ‘--those were four reasons, not just one.’ And I say to that, ‘Mr. Vigo, you’re right, that was, but 42 is the best reason of all because it’s the answer to everything so it gets to have four reasons in one. However, because I like you so much I’ll expand it out into reasons #43, #44, and #45 because you’ve been so much fun today. And look at that! It’s only 42:07 in the game. We still have almost 18 minutes left together! Would you like to hear reason #46? I’ll take that as a yes.”

Flea looks at you. “Death by incessant blabber. Learned this one from Kelli with an I. Works like a charm. If by ‘like a charm’ you mean a 50-50 shot eventually good old Tommy here is going to punch me in the face some time in the next 17 minutes and 46 seconds. Which, honestly, I don’t think he will because I’m not even sure if he still hears me at this point, but if he did he’d still have my respect.” She shrugs and keeps playing (which, by the way, they both had for the entire length of the monologue, with several passes coming the way of the duo, tackles made on each side, and other general activity that comes during a limmie game).

Flea enters a jubilant locker room with no black eyes. A 14-0 win over the undisputed leaders of the Elite League makes it the biggest win yet for the Miners this season.

“This one’s going to put us back in a playoff spot,” Bree Veers announces to the team, standing on one of the benches. “I’d say that puts a target on our backs, but the truth is they’ve been there all along and we felt it those first games.”

Flea rubs her elbow. “Tell me about it.” The unlikelihood of having injured her elbow does not deter her from examining it as if it was a pressing concern.

“But we know how to play the big games,” Veers continues, “and the rematch with Coruscant is coming up next week. They only beat us by one in the opener, so this one’s going to decide who wins the tiebreak with these crazy new rules the Commissioner put in.”

“You mean the Lokensrules?” Harle offers, apparently coining a term.

“Whatever you call them, it gives us an opportunity here,” Bree says. “So enjoy today, but mark my words: the Senators are going to be coming for us hard and fast soon enough.”

The team claps for the assistant captain as she hops off the bench. Flea goes to her locker.

“Do I want to look?” she asks you as she sits. “Not really, but I’d rather see sooner than later.” She takes out her datapad and flips it on. Flea says nothing as she looks at the screen.

“Hey, galaxy to El,” Bast says, waving a hand in front of Flea’s eyes. “Did a Force ghost just haunt you or something?”

“Hmmm?” Flea says, snapping back to the moment. “I don’t think that’s how Force ghosts work.”

“Then why do they call them ghosts?” Bast wonders.

“Good question!” Flea says, suddenly chipper.

“Well that’s the happiest I’ve ever seen you after a win,” Bast remarks.

“Oh, I’m always this happy,” Flea says. “And do you know why?”

“Why?”

“Because everything is fine.”

She sets her datapad down. The headline of the article reads:

BLOWN GASKET
    Star midfielder schooled by Sandskimmers in Sky Captains’ first SkimmerAde loss

“Everything is just fine,” Flea sighs with a broad grin.

TAG: @Jedi Gunny @Runjedirun (who sometimes demonstrates the patience of Tomas with me)

Runjedirun likes this.
  23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a cold and rainy Taungsday afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz over on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh man do we have a lot to talk about today."

"I don't wanna."

"Well it's your job you have to."

"Besides, Bardan really needs the bonus roll from here on out."

"Like it matters at this point."

"Fine...fine."

"And what Justin is so upset about is of course the Mercs latest loss, this one to the hapless Strugglers..."

"Mercs are just as hapless now."

"... five to two as previously winless Nar Shaddaa shuts down the Mercs putting them in a last place tie at one and four."

"Yeah, race to the bottom between the two teams, and it might be the only race the Mercs win at this point."

"At least the defense played well."

"Not really, the Strugglers offense is just that terrible."

"Doesn't help that they missed out on the bonus roll."

"Of course the Mercs offense was even more putrid..."

"And they get the bonus roll every week!"

"...though this was at least the first time all season they have been held to single digits."

"Yeah, but they haven't been good all season, decent yeah, but not great."

"Have yet to score 30 or more in any game this year..."

"Not taking advantage of that bonus roll."

"Held to point totals in the teens twice and got their only win on their highest point total when they scored 29 against Bakura."

"And they shut out the Miners in that game!"

"Best they looked all season there..."

"Which is only fitting because it's their only win so far."

"They keep playing like this it's going to be their only win of the season."

24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"With just a week to go in the college bolo ball season and stability reigns supreme at the rankinsa still as all but one of the top ten teams as ranked by HSN pulled off wins last week..."

"Nice to see stability somewhere in this crazy world we live in."

"...the only exception being number eight Cloud City..."

"And they almost won."

"Bet they fall out of the top ten though."

"Sure sure, still in a playoff spot though."

"However as has been the case all season long, expect movement in the lower tier of playoff hopefuls as several teams on the bubble hurt their chances with losses..."

"Ralltiir."

"Duro State"

"GVSU."

"Bilbringi."

"VCU"

"They all hurt their chances, though some will probably still make it."

"While good showings by University of Onderon Rupings and Bakura Fleet improved their chances with just a week to go!"

HSN Top 25 after Week Six (LW)

3. Keldabe Military Institute (3)
    4. University of Kashyyyk (4)
    5. Coruscant Polytechnic Institute (5)
    6. The Ord Sabaok University (6)
    8. University of Csilla (9)
    9. Royal College of Hapes (10)
    10. Druckenwell Technical University (11)
    11. Cloud City University, Bespin (8)
    12. University of Onderon Rupings (13)
    13. Bakura Fleet Academy (15)
    14. Ralltiir University (12)
    15. Duro State University (14)
    16. University of Ord Mantell (16)
    17. University of Bison (18)
    18. Grand Vulptur System University (17)
    19. Tipoca City College, Kamino (21)
    20. Prytis College of Natural Sciences (22)
    21. Bilbringi University (19)
    22. University of Northern Dependencies, Corsin (23)
    23. Gargarrump University, Kashyyyk (25)
    24. Vertical City University, Nar Shaddaa (20)
    25. University of Tatooine, Anchorhead (24)

25. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Tomas Vigo

Ugh, so I knew it was too good to be true, winning every week, but why did our winning streak have to end like this? I’m embarrassed that I didn’t score and I’m avoiding making contact with my teammates. For a full minute after the clock has hit zero, I think it was that long, I just stand there. Finally, Uncle Tomas, the team captain is waving his hand in front of my face. “Ralltiir to T.J., anybody home?”

“What?” I ask.

“The handshake line, are you going to join us? This is when we hand over the Golden Orange Bowl and own up to the fact that we flat out sucked today.”

Uncle Tomas makes it sound so routine. Meanwhile my embarrassment is turning to anger. How did I let this happen? I’d rather go slam my fist into a locker, but I can do that later. Just as soon as I follow my teammates pas the Miners. Looking back I made an ass of myself. I didn’t make eye contact with any of my opponents. I ignored the teachings of every coach I’d had since Pee-Wee ball on sportsmanship and when I got in the locker room I did slam my fist into my locker. Hard.

“Feel any better?” I heard my Uncle ask.

I took a deep breath, “Maybe.” Is it wrong that punching the locker did help me feel a little better? Is it okay to feel pain on the outside instead of letting it all eat me up on the inside?

“This whole locker room feels like Sith right now,” my Uncle says calmly. “Serene,” he calls out. “How do you feel about the game we just played?”

She looks at Tomas as if he’s crazy. She pierces her lips, “We’ll crush ‘em in just a few weeks.” She says determined.

“That’s the attitude you need to have,” my uncle says as he grabs a towel and heads for the showers.

Deep down I know he’s right. I need to let this go. Yes, it sucks. There’s no chance for a perfect season, but there’s still plenty of season left and we are still on top.

After my shower I head home and watch the game again. It’s painful and I’m going to be watching it in practice. This is my job, this is what I signed up to do. I’m not going to learn what I did wrong if I don’t watch this film. It’s so obvious and frustrating on my sofa. “Whatcha doin?” Anna asks as she sits down next to me.

“Studying,” I answer.

“I was hoping that after I finished school I’d never have to study again. I am sick of studying.” Anna says.

“Aren’t stars and asteroids and stuff moving around all the time?” I ask.

“Planets and moons move too, don’t forget those.” Anna reminds me. “Maybe I picked a lousy major.”

“I think we are too young to be doubting our career choices,” I half joke.

“Most beings would say we are too young to be married. Or too young to have Penni. Do you think that?”

“No.” I mean it too. “I wouldn’t want to be on my own right now. Having you and Penni means the Galaxy to me.”

“You just want company in bed,” Anna teases.

“It is a perk,” I admit.

The next morning Colt calls. “Calling to brag about your win?” I ask.

“No, I’m not the kind of guy to call and rub it in that I’m in sole first place in my league,” Colt brags. “I certainly wouldn’t mention that I scored 3 goals in our victory.”

“Of course, not.” I reply. “How’s coach Sureysh?” I ask.

“Mom?” Colt laughs. “She’s stressing, as usual. All this winning has her just as nervous as the losses at the beginning of last season. I think she wants a promotion to Ralltiir and she knows a perfect season would give her a good case.”

“She’s a good coach. Remember how she drank that iced caf on the sidelines all day?”

“She still does that,” Colt says.

“Oh,” I don’t say it out loud, but for a minute I forgot Colt was playing on Tatooine still. “Teaspoon’s a great coach too. She doesn’t drink caf though, some kind of herbal tea, I think. And it’s hot because the weather here is different.”

“Was she mad about the loss yesterday?” Colt asks.

“We were all upset,” I admit. “Reminded me too much of last year’s final. I hated it.”

“You’ll score tons on the Smugglers this week,” Colt assures me.

“That’s the plan,” I agree.

Tags: @Trieste @Vehn

Trieste likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.