main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite League Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Miners announce that May Hull will resume duties as team physician.
    • Hull had previously been on sabbatical tending to beings caught in the violence on Nar Shaddaa.
    • Interim team physician Han Tunross will remain with the team through the end of the season in associate team physician role.
      • Tunross: “This is May’s show. I was honored to help and flattered she wants to keep me around to finish out the season. I’ll admit it would be hard to leave in the middle of everything after coming this far.”
      • “No, I still don’t know where Quinn Cundertol is. I just hope he’s OK.”
    TAG: None

jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  2. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Horst Penn
    Live from Bakura Gardens, Salis D’aar, Bakura

“And here we are, what could be the final home game of the Miners’ season,” Lun Selayen said with gravitas. “With the Solo Conference on their heels, including these very Senators, the Miners could make the end of the season difficult for themselves with a loss today.”

“By contrast, they’ll be guaranteed not just a playoff berth but also the right to host the Solo Conference championship game in two weeks if they beat the Senators for a second straight time this season,” Aerax said.

“With so much at stake, let’s get the view from field level with Horst Penn,” Lun said.

They cut to Horst and his mustard sport jacket. He was still wearing his black armband in memory of his cousin in-law. This was the first home game for the Miners since the assassination and even if the memorial was behind them its pall still hung in the air.

“Thank you Lun and Aerax. Or should I say Aerax and Lun?” Horst shrugged before continuing. “The team will continue to wear armbands in memory of the prime minister. Coming on the heels of the always riveting performance of Teo Torriatte by Taoiseach—man, Farrokh Corellia’s got an amazing voice doesn’t he?—today’s game is going to have even more emotion running through it than last week’s, which could make it difficult for the Miners to lock things up.

“I spoke with Harle Quinn and she said that today she’ll be eschewing her usual white and black face paint because she said that Ayn Trieste fought for equality for beings of every species and the best tribute she could give to the prime minister was to play in her own skin today,” Horst reported.

“Inspiring words from the assistant captain,” Aerax agreed. “It’s the same as it’s been for the Miners every week this season, but let’s look at the starting lineups all the same…”

“Horst, with the score close in the opening minutes of the second half, what’s the mood on the sidelines?” Lun asked.

“Well I’m here with head coach Leigh—” Horst began in a sideline report.

“Go away,” Leigh said without even looking at Horst. As usual, she was locked on the action on the field.

“And that’s our coach’s interview!” Horst said brightly. “Back to you Lun!”

“Uhh...all right then…” the play-by-play announcer said. “Probably should have seen that one coming….Well the Senators have the ball now, so let’s see what they can do here…”

“Riding a strong second half, the Bakura Miners are going back to the Galactic Cup Playoffs after just missing the cut last season,” Lun announced, if prematurely. However, with an 11 point lead and a couple of minutes left it was a pretty safe bet.

“Locking it up against the defending champions is a statement unto itself,” Aerax added, “and they’re going to either host these same Senators here again or play a back-to-back with the Starkillers, depending on what happens next week.”

“Horst, what’s the mood on the field as the reality sets in? Is it as jubilant as you’d expect?” Lun asked.

They cut to Horst. “Wow. So many emotions down here. I mean, on the one hand, I’ve been so integral to the team’s performance that I can’t wait to join the dogpile on the field when it forms, but Trixie said I shouldn’t do that.”

“I agree with Trixie,” Aerax said hastily.

“And the, on the other hand, I’m really worried about being dumped with SkimmerAde, but Trixie said that won’t happen.”

“I have literally never heard of a sideline reporter being given a SkimmerAde bath under any circumstances,” Lun said.

“So I really wasn’t sure what to do. That’s why Trixie said I should write down something that I thought would be important to say at the final home game of the season and after everything Bakura’s been through.” Horst pulled out a crumpled piece of flimsi and tugged it into something resembling a regular shape. He began reading, looking at the flimsi instead of the camera and audience. “Even though it’s not Truce Day, a day like this reminds us that we’re all part of something bigger than ourselves. Win or lose—I wrote this before the game when I didn’t know how it was going to turn out—we aren’t Bakurans, Coruscanti, or Euceronians—if that’s what you call them—but we’re all beings who love limmie. Sure, we might say ‘Booooo Gangbusters,’ or ‘Go home Mercs,’ or ‘You couldn’t pay me to wear a Pirates jersey,’ or ‘You Gangbusters are a really mediocre team,’ or ‘Meh Officers,’ or—”

“I think we get the point Horst,” Aerax said, trying to hurry him along.

“But the last one’s the best!” Horst said, looking up from his flimsi for a moment. “Or ‘Hey Miners, you’re no good because Horst doesn’t play for you anymore’—Trixie added that one—but even though we may have our favorite teams, more unites us than divides us. We want good, competitive games; nobody to be injured; kids to get cotton candy as big as their heads on a stick from a wandering vendor in the stands; and the best team to win at the end of the day, even if we can’t agree on who that team is. Limmie is love, and I’ve loved every game this season with you, Lun and Aerax. I’m glad we’re not done yet. Thank you, Bakura, for letting me not just on the sideline, but into your living rooms. I hope you’ll let me into your kitchens for a snack next.” Horst looked up. “That last part was a joke. Trixie thought I should mention that just in case.”

“It’s...been surprisingly not bad having you on the team this season, Horst,” Aerax admitted.

“Indeed,” Lun agreed, “Though I feel like we’re being set up to regret this sincere moment since we still have at least two games left…”

“Nah, nothing could possibly go wrong between now and then!” Horst said.

Out of nowhere, resident wild card Harle Quinn jumped on Horst’s back and poured a single bottle of SkimmerAde over Horst’s head. It wasn’t a giant cooler, but the purple liquid cascaded briefly over his face and onto his jacket all the same.

“Playoffs Horsty!” Harle shouted before jumping off and running away.

The sideline reporter lifted his arms over his head in triumph! “YES! I just won an argument with my wife! Best day ever! Horst out!” he said, walking out of the shot.

TAG: @Jedi Gunny

Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a sunny and warm Victory afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz over on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

"Another one, I can't believe it, another one!"

"Well believe it, because the Mercs win again, extending their franchise record winning streak to eight now following a 41 to 22 thrashing of the Geonosis Gangbusters and man the Mercs are looking nearly unstoppable right now."

"They're looking great, they are this season's Commissioner's Trophy winners, and more importantly clinched home field advantage throughout the playoffs."

"Which really is no advantage but it's fun anyway." :p

"Sets up an odd situation going into the final week of the season though."

"Yeah no kidding, Mercs will play host to the Pirates..."

"I hate those guys."

"... in a game that is not only totally meaningless in terms of playoff seeding or position, and is a sneak peek of the following week's Skywalker Conference Championship game."

"Yeah Pirates clinched a playoff berth too following an impressive win of their own, and now it sets up a heckuva showdown for the Conference finals, with next week acting as a sort of preview of that."

"Going to be interesting to see what kind of games the two teams play, what sort of game plans are held back or even players rested in that game as it is entirely inconsequential."

"Well with neither team having anything to play for, it's the perfect time to sit players and give them a rest but with this game..."

"You have to think both coaches will be holding back too, I mean I'm sure neither staff wants to show all their cards just a week before the playoffs to the very same team they will be playing there."

"And yet this is a fierce rivalry, between two teams and fanbases that hate one another. The coaches might not let it all hang out, by they won't hold much back either."

"Sure, sure."

"And the Pirates will no doubt want to avenge their week three loss to the Mercs on Carratos while the Mercs would like nothing more than to keep the streak rolling and send a message a week before the postseason by sweeping the series series..."

TAG: @The Jedi in the Pumas

Runjedirun, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  4. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"We're down to four now in the GCAA BoloBall Championship Tournament, and just like the first round, the second round was full of surprises."

"Ugh."

"For the first shocker, look no further than the Sienar Bowl where number 16 KMI took care of SEC rival and champion Verpine Technical Institute 27 to 19."

"That was a statement game for the Warriors."

"Seemed to be, they were fired up."

"Like you need an excuse to be fired up for a one and done playoff game."

"Sure, sure."

"But you're right, they are used to at least playing for the SEC championship, and VTI knocked them down a peg this year and denied them that chance. This one was payback pure and simple."

"KMI came out with a mission and I think they can say mission accomplished."

"Until next week."

"And that next opponent will be a tough one in a tough locale as KMI is slated to take on University of Evenvale at the Carnation Bowl..."

"Big home field advantage for the Archers there."

"Again, home field advantage doesn't exists in this game. Hey @Trieste , we need to create a home field advantage bonus roll!"

"...following the number 13 Archers win over number 12 University of Onderon Rupings 26 to 17 in the Beskar Bowl...."

"Presented by MandalMotors." Justin and Randy said in unison before laughing.

"If I had to hear that one more time."

"Hey you know the drill, the broadcasters were contractually required to say it like that.

"So are we."

"True enough."

"Meanwhile the Party Bowl match up has also been set..."

"Yeah yeah, let's get this over with."

"...with number 15 Nessem University being the first to punch their ticket to the Fantastic Four following their 24 to 17 win over The..."

"At least you gave me that much."

"... Ord Sabaok University 24 to 17 in the Skimmer Ade Bowl."

"StarBucks just didn't have enough..."

"Think they took a team that was ranked 22nd for the entire regular season too lightly?"

"I don't...I don't know man, I just know this one stings."

"And in the other beverage bowl, the Dos Iziz Bowl, number three UB Cape Suzette narrowly defeated number six Royal College of Hapes 25 to 23 avenging a loss in last season's Carnation Bowl."

"That's two wins by a combined three points for the Blue Birds..."

"And their first win was in overtime!"

"Shows they know how to win the close ones though."

"And now half of the Fantastic Four are made up of Bak10 teams..."

"Yeah, so much for expansion."

"Hey somebody get Horst Penn on the line!"

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

TAG: no one/everyone

299 GCAA BoloBall Champiosnhip Playoffs: The Fantastic Four

• Carnation Bowl: #16 Keldabe Military Institute (Mandalore) vs. #13 University of Evenvale
    • Party Bowl: #15 Nessem University vs. #3 UB Cape Suzette

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
    Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  5. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Arkos Tathin
    The Stacked Deck

The game was about to start, it was a must win for the Pirates against the Officers. While the Officers were last in the Skywalker that didn't mean anyone was treating this like a walk in the park. A few patrons were also watching the Mercs/Gangbusters game as that outcome could affect the Pirates chances as well. Arkos was still filling out orders and would catch the pregame every now and again. He couldn't hear what was being said over the constant chatter of the patrons, again most of them there to watch the Pirates' game not hear about other games going on around the league. Though Arkos couldn't help hearing a few boos when the Mercs were mentioned.

Soon the first whistle was about to sound, the teams walked onto the pitch and Arkos craned his neck over the bar to get a better look, catching sight of Zara as she walked out in a line of her teammates. Sana jabbed him in the side getting his attention. There were more patrons looking for their next drink before the game started. He gives a smile pouring rum and mixing drinks. Seeing the eager faces of the Pirates faithful many wearing black and white some with the skull and crossbones on their cheek, or the red line that represented the Scarface contingent.

As things calmed down, the patrons taking their seats and quieting for the start of the match. Arkos watched as well, pouring himself a glass of water, not wanting to get too sloshed too early in the game. Right out of the gate the young rookie forwards Toc, Sze, and Kalder tore up the field easily taking the opening tip off and carrying it between them down the field. Once they hit the stiff defense they passed back and the crowd in the bar cheered even louder. Scarface had the ball. The on field dynamo and hard carry of the team was now in control.

Arkos had never really stopped to appreciate just how amazing the 'Face of Carratos Limmie' was. He might not have known that much about the game but he didn't need to. Not when watching her. She slipped though a gap in the defense like it was nothing. As the last defender rushed in for a tackle she sent them packing with an open palm to the chest. A mix of speed, grace and power all in one person. That wasn't to mention the absolute rocket launcher she had for an arm.

"Scarface, Scarface, Scarface" The chant rang out as the woman opened up the scoring with a lightning fast shot that got past the goalie. Arkos took another sip of his drink before seeing to a patron that needed another refill. The Officers took possession and marched down the field. Where they ran into Zara Bell'ator. He'd seen a few of her highlights but he couldn't take his eyes away. She angled her body driving her mark to the sidelines cutting off their passing lanes with her body before going in for the kill.

She wrapped an arm around her target before bringing her other hand around in a hammer strike that knocked the ball right out of the other player's hands. It was like violent poetry, a short story told with only a few words. It was breathtaking and happened in the blink of an eye. While he never looked down on the players, he never really noticed just how brilliant they could be, how ingenious they were. It was a move that could only be done by either a virtuoso, or veteran. And from his limited knowledge he knew Zara was both.

For the first time he found himself fully immersed in the game watching every offensive play with bated breath, each defensive showing with his heart in his throat. He could feel it, the Pirates were playing like their season depended on it. He didn't need to be reminded of their place in the standings or how close they were to being eliminated from the playoffs. He could just feel it. There was a tension in his chest all the way up to the point the Officers couldn't come back, to when Copin finally put the dagger into the Officers.

The Pirates were going to the Playoffs, and finally Arkos could focus on his job. Next to him Sana gave him a slight smile.

"Like the game huh.." She said

"We needed to win didn't we?"

"We?"

"Yeah? You're a fan too right?"

"Well of course but, I didn't know about you."

"Uh...Um...I mean...sure I'm surrounded by this stuff everyday I was either going to hate it or love it." He said smiling while pouring another rum filled drink.

"Well I'm glad you chose to like it."

"Would be tourture if I hated it."

A two days later, it was a quiet evening. Arkos was just cleaning up a little when the door opened. Looking he saw Zara come walking in. Oddly she wasn't with any of her teammates? She was looking good too, a nice shirt and slacks that were good but not too good for the place.

"Hail the conquering hero." the bartender said grabbing a glass.

"You were watching?" She replied with a coy smile.

"Of course. Didn't know you were back in town." He didn't see her on his morning run, a sign that she was still in transit from her last game.

"Well got back late yesterday and took a day to rest."

"That's good, take care of yourself, got big things coming up. What you drinking?"

"Arcadia rum straight." She said simply.

"Interesting choice." He replied pouring a measure of alcohol into the empty glass he'd set in front of him.

"Well, I do have practice tomorrow but, that's tomorrow." Her eyes settled on him as she took a sip. Instantly his heart was in his throat. There was an intensity to her gaze.

"Problem for future you." A weak laugh left him, his heart pounding away.

"Let's just say tonight I'm focusing on the now…" Her voice sounded lower, a bit of a growl in her tone that sent a pleasant shiver up the former soldier's spine.

"Oh, on what's right in front of you huh…" He arched an eyebrow.

"And here I thought I was being subtle." The defender said with thick sarcasm. "What with my fancy shirt and coming here as soon as I could...alone."

"I thought it was the chance to drink alone." He shot back his heart pounding away. He was right, but what did that mean for him?

"Don't you know, you never drink alone…"

"Well in that case," Arkos stepped from behind the bar, Zara giving him a long look from top to bottom. "Mind if I join you?"

"Shouldn't you be working?" The purple twi'lek brought her drink to her lips, taking a sip with a smile.

"Ah," He reached past her smelling the sweet rum on her breath. His hand pressed a button on the other side of the bar. A simple sign saying that the bartender had stepped away for a moment appeared. "There, now on break."

"And what if I want to drink for longer than your break…" She didn't move away from him, their bodies sharing the space.

"Well, I do get off shift in an hour…" He replied keeping his cool on the surface, but underneath a knot in his stomach grew.

"I can wait that long."

"Go…" He said before she wrapped her hand around the back of his head and pushed him even closer to her, pressing her lips against his. He could smell the rum, and was that perfume? Dancing in the air around them.

"Don't keep me waiting…"

With that motivation...he didn't...

TAG: @jcgoble3

Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  6. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Deon Canistia
    -Geonosis, Small Apartment a few blocks away from the Gangbusters Training Facility

NEVER. PROMISE. THE. PLAYOFFS.

"Yea...Pro tip." Deon rolled his eyes and tossed his compad on the couch next to him as he lounged back watching game tape. Rinback was giving him the business about how a week ago he had promised the fans the playoffs. Alright...maybe he had jumped the gun, but he wanted to give the people something to be excited about.

His injury was on the precipice of keeping him off the field for this week's game. That was the only thing on his mind. Nothing serious, just a tight hamstring, but he was officially listed as questionable.

YOU NEED TO LEARN WHEN TO REST.

His mother's text earlier popped into his head. He leaned back and examined the leg that was in a bacta wrap, propped up on the table. Moving forward, he would have to start investing more in his body. The ELL was much harder than the college game, but he was built for it. He was as fast as some of the faster offensive players and he was one of the strongest on the team, behind Rinback and Binback. He'd need to improve his body though as the years went on.

All these thoughts. And he was still traveling with the team in the early morning tomorrow. Ugh...

And now he was hungry...But the kitchen was alllllll the way over there.

This was when a young, pro athlete needed a girlfriend.

Tag: No one.

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  7. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    IC Shannon Vigo

It’s a pretty special night. Coach has asked me to swim four events. The locker room is behind me and my brother is here to cheer for me. Even if he is in Miners gear. He surprised me by meeting me after school this afternoon. Naomi and I walked out of our last class together as normal and suddenly a familiar voice clicked, “Things really have changed since I left, my little sister has a friend.”

He’ll always be my big brother, so I guess that means he’ll always have something to tease me about. Surprisingly it was really good to see him. I threw my arms around him right there in the hallway and gave him a hug. After that I introduced him to Naomi. Then we all went back to my house and Jimsey showed us how to make the protein shake he eats before games. He said it would help us with our swim meet.

I needed all the help I could get. When I arrived at the meet I realized we were up against the best team in the city and that’s the team my former teammate is on. As if that wasn’t enough pressure to swim my best in my very first even she’s swimming. In the lane right next to me. I have a pretty big cheering section, she’s just got her mom and dad. I almost feel sorry for her. I know I shouldn’t. I know she called me awful names and made me feel like I didn’t belong. I just don’t understand why she acted like that and now I’m getting all the positive attention.

It’s a lot of noise to block out and concentrate on swimming my event. I step up on the block and take a deep breath. I adjust my goggles as they announce a 100 meter freestyle. It’s pretty simple, sprint, swim like hell. It doesn’t feel simple. From the start she’s ahead. She performs a flawless dive into the pool. I can see her just ahead of me. I put my head down and swim with everything I got. She’s a senior with money for a private coach in the off season.

I could have that, I never thought swimming was my future source of income, so I never asked my dad for a private swim coach. I do everything I can, I swim a personal best, but I don’t win. When we get out of the water I put out my fin and she actually looks at me surprised. “Congratulations,” I say.

It’s not like she just won the city championships. It’s just a regular meet, just a regular event. I just want to make peace with her. I don’t want this pit in my stomach all season, because when the city championships do happen, I might face her again. It takes her a while, she removes her goggles and finally she extends her hand, “Good swim.” She says before walking off to her new teammates.

My other three events aren’t so eventful. I win two of them, our team loses, but I feel like the night was a win. Saturday I try to get as much studying done as possible. My Science grade still isn’t where I want it and if I want to be a veterinarian, which I do, Science is important. To take breaks I walk my pups. They hang out up in my room all day. Despite the fact that I had to study so much, it’s a nice Saturday.

It also takes all the pressure off Sunday. I get up nervous. Who do I pull for? My brother, or my father. I didn’t expect this to be a choice. I thought I was a Starkillers fan. It was just so good seeing Jimsey on Friday. I forget sometimes how much I miss him. At breakfast Ryan reminds me that Jimsey already has a spot in the play-offs. “Today we have to pull for our team,” he tells me. “But you can secretly want both teams to win,” he says pulling up his shirt and revealing a skin tight Miners undershirt.

I’m so glad I got that homework done yesterday. We pick up Naomi’s early. Her family follows us in their speeder. My dad secured some seats for her moms and siblings. Together we tailgate. Along with my extended family. I’m really nervous. I do want to fly to Bakura for the rematch next week. I want it bad. I just hope coach Hovechar is ready. If she wins this after taking over an 0-4 team, well I think it goes without saying Coach of the Year should be hers. I will always miss Teaspoon, but maybe my dad knew what he was doing all along.

Tag: @Trieste

Trieste likes this.
  8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus potential today for Bakura, Carratos, Geonosis, Mando'ade, and Ralltiir.

299 Week 10 Results
    Bakura Miners at Ralltiir Starkillers (25-36)
    Carratos Pirates at Mando’ade Mercs (33-23)
    Rydonni Prime Monarchs at Coruscant Senators (3-28)
    Geonosis Gangbusters at Euceron Officers (8-14)

Final Standings
    Skywalker Conference
    1. Mando'ade Mercs [ Bardan_Jusik, Randy "the rancor"/Justin Pitt (sportscasters)] (8-2, conf. 4-2)
    2. Carratos Pirates [ galactic-vagabond422, Arkos Tathin (team bar bartender)] (7-3, conf. 4-2)
    3. Geonosis Gangbusters [@The Jedi in the Pumas. Deon Canistia (player)] (4-6, conf. 2-4)
    4. Euceron Officers (4-6, conf. 2-4)
    Solo Conference
    1. Bakura Miners [ Trieste, Horst Penn (broadcaster)] (6-4, conf. 4-2)
    2. Ralltiir Starkillers [ Runjedirun, Shannon Vigo (owner's daughter)] (5-5, conf. 3-3)
    3. Coruscant Senators [ Jedi Gunny, Galin S'rily (player)] (4-6, conf. 3-3)
    4. Rydonni Prime Monarchs [@SWNerd11, Franc Danshire (owner)] (2-8, conf. 2-4)

Galactic Cup Playoffs
    Conference Finals
    (2) Carratos Pirates at (1) Mando’ade Mercs
    (2) Ralltiir Starkillers at (1) Bakura Miners

HSN Headlines
    • Tie between Geonosis and Euceron in Skywalker Conference standings came down to one point.
      • Teams tied in overall record, conference record, and head-to-head record.
      • Geonosis won on a +1 point differential between the two teams in their head-to-head games.
    • HSN analyst: "Geonosis could be a winner in another way too. Rydonni Prime and Euceron don't have consistent records of participating in the ELL Draft. They could wind up with the first overall pick for the second consecutive year. Imagine if they get a stud offender to anchor the front end of the team. With Canistia in the back they could start wrecking the league next season."

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 @jcgoble3 @Jedi Gunny @Runjedirun @SWNerd11 @The Jedi in the Pumas

Runjedirun and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  9. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for: Sandskimmers (28) Crusaders (28) Sky Captains and (28) Bandits (28)

Skimmer Ade League Ten Results
    Cloud City Sky Captains @ Tatooine Sandskimmers (11-12)
    Atzerri Bandits @ Concordia Crusaders (8-23)
    Cantonica Golden Knights @ Thyffera Force (23-3)
    Kamino Waves @ Commenor Gundarks (8-23)

Skimmer Ade League Conference Finals
    Thyferra Force @ Cantonica Golden Knights
    Atzerri Bandits @ Commenor Gundarks

Tags: @Trieste @galactic-vagabond422 @Bardan_Jusik @SWNerd11 @Jedi Gunny @jcgoble3

Trieste likes this.
  10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    HSN Headlines
    • Limmie Lunacy grips Bakura as the Bak10 has its first simultaneous Fantastic Four pair
      • Evenvale and UBCS could potentially meet in the GCAA Championship Game
    • Alana Kirt: "OK, so that game probably took 10 years off my life, so I guess I'm only living until 209. I wasn't going to do anything except do crossword puzzles from 210 until 219 anyways."
      • "OK, nobody get upset...but I honestly don't remember where Nessem is."
      • "I am pretty sure that nobody from NU could find Cape Suzette on a map either, so it probably evens out."
      • "They're going to be tough. I mean, you don't just beat Ord Saboak by playing tiddlywinks. Mainly because you have to play limmie to beat them, but you know what I mean."
      • On the prospect of a "Bak10 championship game" against Evenvale: "I mean that'd be a heck of a game, but KMI might have something to say about that."
      • "Whoever gets to the Championship Game, it's going to be an amazing game. I know we've been in some insta-classics. That's the beauty of playoffs."
        • "I'd be lying if I said I didn't want one of those teams to be us, but we've got to earn it first."
    • Kirt was asked about where she thinks Enos Haberdeen, UBCS's top-rated defender, will go in the draft: "I'm not going to speculate about that. I just know any team would be lucky to have Haberdeen."
      • Kirt's son Olivar is also in the 300 ELL Draft.
    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Live from Salibury Hyperdrive Arena, Cambrielle, Ralltiir

“And we’ve made it to the last game of the regular season,” Lun declared. “I think that deserves a drink, if you’ll allow me.” He looked beneath the camera for some kind of beverage.

“Let’s wait until after the broadcast for that,” Aerax said, the smile never leaving her face as she pulled her partner back. “The Miners will close out the season in what could be a preview of the Solo Conference Championship game. With their ticket punched and home field advantage secured, let’s find out what the mood on the team is with Horst Penn.”

When the feed revealed Horst he was not wearing his mustard BBC blazer. Thankfully, he was also not wearing a wig or a mustache as Borst Penmanship. Instead he was wearing a short-sleeved button up shirt that looked like it belonged in Lando Calrissian’s closet. In fact, he seemed to have taken Lun’s advice because he had a colorful drink in his hand with a garnish of fruit and a bright flimsi umbrella.

“Oh hey guys! Why are you up in the booth?” Horst asked with honest confusion.

“…because that’s where we usually are during a broadcast,” Aerax said uncertainly, as if she didn’t want to open up even that door for Horst to do…well whatever he was going to do.

“Broadcast? We’re doing a broadcast today?” Horst repeated in surprise.

“What else would be doing?” Lun asked.

“Well, in my experience on the last day of a job you usually have a party with cake and punch, so I thought that’s what we were doing here today since it’s the last day of the regular season,” Horst explained.

“Why did I not see this coming?” Aerax muttered, putting her face in her hands.

“Is there not going to be cake?” Horst asked with concern.

“No, there isn’t any cake,” Lun confirmed.

Horst thought. “Well…it’s not cake, but we are in the nacho capital of the galaxy so I guess I’ll have more nachos. And you know what they say: I’ve got to be a nacho man.”

“Did you talk to anybody on the team before the game, Horst?” Aerax answered, pretty sure she knew the answer already.

“Yeah! I said they didn’t need to give me any quotes because we’d talk later at the end-of-season party!” Horst said enthusiastically.

“Of course you did,” Aerax sighed. “Well let’s look at the lineup for today. Leigh Cavanaugh’s got her regular starting team in today, which indicates she may not want to see these Starkillers again next week if she can help it…”

“The Starkillers are starting to pull away. What’s the mood on the field Horst?” Lun asked.

“Spicy!” Horst said as they cut to him in an inset of the game action.

“It doesn’t seem that rough from up here…”

“No, I’m talking about the nachos!” Horst said, holding up a tray of chips, melted cheese, and toppings. “Ralltiir knows what they’re doing with these things!”

“Horst…have you spent the entire game eating nachos?” Aerax asked.

“Of course not,” Horst said, as if that was a silly question. “I spent the entire game and most of the pregame eating nachos. In fact, Chuck: roll 2:12!”

“Wait!” Aerax interjected before they cut to Horst’s prerecorded segment.

Horst was standing in the speeder lot adjacent to the arena at one of the many famous Starkiller tailgates. “When I asked the crew in the truck where to get the best food at a Starkillers game, they said to check out any tailgate in the parking lot, so here we are! That’s why I’m here with two Starkiller fans who are going to teach me the ins and outs of nachos. You are…”

Horst pointed the mic at one of his two hosts. “Shannon,” the Mon Calamari said.

“And?” Horst prompted the other being.

The human female just looked at Horst with giant eyes. She seemed in disbelief that a three-time Galactic Cup champion was talking to her. Shannon leaned over to speak into the mic on her friend’s behalf. “This is Naomi.”

“OK Shannon and Naomi, let’s get down to business,” Horst said with more seriousness than he ever used while reporting on a Miners game. “What do I need to know about nachos?”

“Well, you’d think they’re pretty simple,” Shannon explained, “corn chips, hot cheese, a topping or two, but that really doesn’t capture the nuance of nachos. They generally break down into Original and Spicy—”

“Muhuh,” Horst agreed through a full mouth as he sampled each one.

“—but I’ve put my own spin on them with this variation on them. I call it Spicy Seaweed. It uses baked seaweed chips with jalapeno cheese,” Shannon finished, holding out a basket for Horst.

“Cmfphool!” Horst said, still orally occupied with nachos, but that didn’t stop him from stuffing cheesy seaweed in too. “Stfhis iz a gwate fmavor comminadion! Muh smeaweem pwmease!”

They cut to Horst and the teens walking down the concourse of Salibury Hyperdrive Arena. “Some nacho stands even have custom nacho dishes,” Shannon said. “That one over there is the only place you can get Bison sauce nachos.”

“Bison sauce is the best!” Horst shouted as he rushed to get some.

The next shot showed Horst with his Bison nachos in one hand, eating as he walked with the Ralltiirians. “And this stand has a special nacho dish for this week only. We call it Bakuran nachos. Thick-cut potato chips instead of corn chips with beer cheese…but I don’t think there’s any beer in the cheese.”

“I’ve got to have those!” Horst exclaimed, running to get some.

The next shot was of him holding two sets of nachos, one in each hand, which meant he was putting his face into them to eat since he had no hand available to grab any. “Dhis id do gud!” Horst mumbled through his munching.

They then showed Horst, hands free, standing at one of the concession stands with mostly blue-and-orange-clad beings in line. “You get nachos!” he said, taking a tray from the concessionaire and handing it to the next being in line. “You get nachos! You get nachos! You! All! Get! Nachos!

The last shot in the piece was of Horst, Shannon and Naomi sitting on a bench on the concourse. Horst had crumbs all over his bright shirt. He looked pretty sated. “I don’t suppose Ralltiir is also famous for ice cream, is it?”

“And that was my pregame tour of the arena with Shannon Vigo, who is one cool being!” Horst said proudly when they came back to him live on the sideline. “Thanks to Shannon and Naomi for showing me all the best places to get nachos here, which is basically everywhere that sells nachos.”

“So basically you spent all morning eating nachos,” Aerax stated.

“Of course not!” Horst said. He reached off screen to pick up another plate of nachos. “I’ve been eating them all afternoon too. The Spicy Seaweed ones make my eyes burst out of their sockets, but they’re sooooooooooooooooooo good.”

“Have fun with that,” Aerax said skeptically.

“I will!” Horst said earnestly before they turned his mic off (mainly so crunching didn’t overwhelm the audio feed of the game) and got back to the game.

“…and it’s clear that the Starkillers knew they controlled their destiny today. This was a statement win for them: not just that they made the playoffs, but they did so in convincing fashion,” Lun said.

“One could argue with Cavanaugh’s decision to play her starters today,” Aerax commented. “Not only did she expose them to an injury risk for a game that didn’t affect the Miners’ standing one way or the other, but there’s a potential morale impact to losing the first of what’s now a back-to-back game.”

“And a corresponding boost for the Starkillers to have triumphed over the Miners’ best. TJ Allin put in a strong day today and Louise Till just went nuts on defense. Miner fans know Breena Eastwick from her time at Evenvale and she looked better than ever at midfield in tandem with Jul today. Lots for the Miners to think about this week. But for now,” Lun pivoted, “let’s go to Horst for that field-level reaction that we’ve come to know and love.”

“Love is such a strong word…” Aerax sort of objected.

“Thanks Lun!” Horst said. “I’m here with Jimsey Vigo. Jimsey—this was your first game in the ELL in front of your homeworld fans. What was the experience like?”

“So many emotions,” the Ithorian said with a towel around his neck. “On the one hand, I’m super excited that my first-ever playoff game will be against the Starkillers. On the other hand, oh boy is it going to be an interesting week in my family text chain. I think my datapad might literally blow up.”

“What’s your record for number of nachos eaten during a Starkillers game? Because I now have a personal record of 9 trays,” Horst said seriously.

“…I don’t think I’ve tracked that stat, but I’m pretty sure you have me beat,” Jimsey said.

“What was it like playing here, in front of your family?”

“So great. I got to see everyone earlier in the week, including making one of my sister Shannon’s swim meets. I’ve missed a lot of these moments in the past two years, so I’m glad I got the opportunity to be here for some of them this week.”

“So Jimsey: do you like pina coladas?” Horst asked seriously.

“Ummm…what are they?” Jimsey replied in confusion.

“And getting caught in the rain?”

“Maybe if I have an umbrella,” the Ithorian offered.

“Are you into yoga?”

“Actually, it’s a great way to be flexible for games. Been a big help in limmie. But what does—”

“Do you have half a brain?” Horst asked.

“I think you might,” Jimsey said.

“Do you like making love at midnight in the dunes of a cape?”

“…I’m not answering that. Where all these questions coming from?”

“Liz knows,” was all Horst had to say.

“OK, you just talk to her then, buddy,” Jimsey said, patting Horst on the shoulder before he headed back to the locker room.

“Back to you Lun and Aerax!” Horst said brightly.

“And before you ask, Horst: yes, yes, no, yes, definitely yes,” Lun said. “I’d also like to add that I am into champagne.”

Aerax just shook her head. “And I guess we’re going to do this all over again next week. Until then, Miner fans.”

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @Runjedirun

Runjedirun and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
  13. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Arkos Tathin
    Carratos

Arkos opened his eyes seeing an unfamiliar ceiling above him. There was a moment of panic, only a few hazy memories floating through his mind. It wasn't a wild night but, it was certainly memorable, though he couldn't believe that it was real. The soft foregin sheets and blanket brushed against his bare skin, a reminder of the night he'd had, or more evidence that this was a dream. He felt something move next to him, a hand rested against his chest, a purple hand. He felt her presence and her heat under the covers with him. She shifted again moving closer to him resting her head on his shoulder.

The thing that surprised him was soft...no soft wasn't the right word, how she felt against him. He was expecting hard muscles and strong arms. She was smooth as he ran his hand down her arm, his fingers sunk into her a little as he squeezed her shoulder. Still not sure if this was all real with his free hand he pinched the skin on his chest letting the slight discomfort wash over him.

"What you do that for?" Zara asked her words slurred just a little as she was waking up from a deep sleep.

"Just making sure I wasn't dreaming." Arkos said looking down with a smirk to the starting half back for the Carratos Pirates.

"There were other ways…" she said laying a gentle kiss on the spot where he'd pinched himself. "Gentler ways."

"It was the only way to be sure."

"Teach you that in the CDF did they." Her fingers ran lightly over his chest, around the tattoo he got when he first joined the CDF, a simple 107th written onto the silhouette of a speederbike. A memory of all he served with, and of the friend he lost.

"Dreaming of waking up in bed with a beautiful woman was one of the most insidious dreams a service member can face." He bent his head down kissing the top of Zara's head right between her lekku. She shivered, a hum rumbling from the back of her throat. "Can lead to fatigue, lethargy and worst of all being late for PT." He gave her a squeeze.

Zara let out a light breathy laugh leaning up and capturing his lips. He returned the kiss, running his hand up her back and gently caressing the back of her neck. Lightly his thumb brushed against one of her headtails. She broke the kiss pressing her forehead against his.

"I know I'm not dreaming." Zara said laying back down resting her head against Arkos's shoulder. "You smell like rum. I can never smell anything in my dreams."

"And here I thought I wasn't bringing my work home with me." He chuckled settling back into the bed.

"It's not bad, reminds me of fun times...really fun times." There was an impish smirk on her face. Another light laugh. They were quiet for a moment just enjoying each other's presence. If you had told either of them that they would be in this position at the start of the season, they would have laughed. He was just a simple bartender, and she was busy with endless practices and games.

"Hey," She asked looking up at him. "You have plans for the end of the week?"

"EOD." He said referring to the End of Occupation Day, one of the biggest events on the calendar for over a decade. "Planning on spending time with some guys I served with in the CDF sort of a get together to honor those we lost, and the founding of the CDF."

"Oh," Zara looked down, her fingers idly circling Arkos's sternum. She looked up her lips a little pouty. "So, you wouldn't have time to say, jump on a transport and fly to Mandalore for a weekend for the final game of the limmie season?"

"Sadly no…"

"Even if a beautiful woman personally invited you while she was wearing just a bed sheet?"

"To be fair I'm very tempted. Don't get me wrong you make a very strong argument…" He trailed off getting lost in her slightly pouty look.

"But…" she said running her hand along his collarbone.

"But, it is kinda important for me and my friends and you know they've already made plans and I don't want to let them down."

"Bros before…"

"Nothing like that…" Arkos corrected her. "Just EOD comes around once a year, and well, I hear you're going to the playoffs soo…"

"Ugh, coach is talking about keeping us on Mandalore to prepare for the playoff game against them."

"Oh, how the other half lives, mandatory vacations to mandalore...Visit the Oyu'baat cafe, see Mandalmotor's tower...um...I don't know what else is on Mandalore."

"No you hit the high points, been going there at least once a year for, force 6 years. Once you hit those two places there isn't much, and you run risks as a Pirate when you enter the Oyu'baat."

"They get a little rough?"

"No but good luck getting your drink on time."

"You know, I've never been."

"Very few Carratosians have…" Arkos arched a brow slightly wondering if she was playing with him or not. "but I mean, if you have time I could show you the sights." That playful smile bloomed across her lips. "I might as well find some fun while I'm trapped there."

"I'm not going to turn down a chance to be with my celebrity crush."

"Really me…" A slight bark of a laugh, "A celebrity. Iris I could understand but me?"

"What, you're on TV every week, I see your picture on the holo-net you're a celebrity."

"Yeah right." The smile never left her lips as she moved up pressing her lips against his, feeling his five o'clock shadow rub against her chin. "I'm not that popular."

"Well even so, you're still about 12 leagues out of mine."

"Don't put yourself down so far." She obviously looked him up and down before biting her bottom lip. "I mean have you seen you." His body shivered looking into her eyes.

"So only about 6 leagues then?" He said with a cheeky grin before she tried to kiss it off him. His hand caressed the back of her head deepening the kiss, extending the moment. As she broke away he looked into her eyes. "And I hear a lot of sports players like to have...relations…" His tone was thick with innuendo. "Before a game."

"I wouldn't know," Zara looked away, her purple cheeks darkening with slight embarrassment.

"There aren't like rules against it or anything right?"

"No, coach doesn't care so long as you show up on game day sober and not hungover. Iris always spends a night with Pej, her boyfriend, before a game. And she's always wearing pink socks, I don't know why." Zara seemed to get lost in her thoughts.

"Well, that will put a damper on the wild night of drinking I had planned."

"We can still drink...just not to excess." She looked away for a moment. "But, there isn't any Rum on the planet, like not even a drop."

"Well that won't do. I'll have to pack some with me."

"You'd do that?"

"I'm a born and raised Carratosian, a planet without rum is a crime and will break whatever laws I need to rectify that situation."

"My alcohol smuggler." Lazily she rolled on top of him, her weight settling across his hips. "It's a date then, next week." She leaned down her fingers running through his short blonde hair. "You me and mandalore." She pressed into him more, their lips touching one more time.

"I can't wait…"

Bardan_Jusik and Trieste like this.
  14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a sunny but cool Taungsday afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz over on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

"Well there goes that."

"Yeah, there goes the winning streak, stopped by the Carratos Pirates at a franchise best eight games as the Mercs lose to the Pirates 33 to 23 in a game which really saw no punches pulled by either side."

"Both teams looked to be playing to win, I don't think either team emptied their bag of tricks..."

"But man was Copin on a mission here."

"Yeah, right from the get go you could see this was a revenge game for her after the week three loss to the Mercs, and revenge she got."

"So the Mercs ended the regular season the same way they started it, with a loss..."

"They just managed to win every game in between!"

"And will still be headed into the playoffs as the favorite to win it all I should think."

"This game will be tough, so very tough, though."

"Hard to play the same team two weeks in a row like this..."

"Especially when the first game meant nothing, and the second game is win or go home."

"That works for and against both teams though, should be a great matchup."

"Yeah, these are the two best teams in the league when looking at record..."

"Two best offenses in the league, Caratos being the better of the two by a fair margin..."

"Mercs with the best defense in the league, while the Pirates sport the worst though."

"Yeah but the Pirates offense is so good they make up for it, they have league's second best point differential at a plus 66."

"Mercs have the best though...a plus 123"

"Best defense and second best offense will do that for a team."

"You know what I just noticed?"

"What's that?"

"Only three teams with a positive PD this season, naturally all three made the post season."

"Same three teams with the winning records I'd guess."

"You guessed right."

"And the last team in the playoffs sits at .500...every one else had a losing record."

"Crazy season, that leads into a crazy post season, let's just hope the Mercs can end up on top at the end of it all and hoist that tophy..."

"Sure, sure."

"Oh and one more thing I haven't mentioned yet about the Pirates."

"Yeah?"

"I hate those guys."

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422

OOC: Let's hope the last game of the season for one of us is a great one!

15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"The college Boloball playoffs are down to two, and what a pair they are!"

"Go back to the beginning of the season and I don't think anyone had this match up in the championship."

"I didn't, and I'm still not even sure how it happened!"

"Good thing I'm here then..."

"That's not what I meant."

"...In the Carnation Bowl number 13 University of Evanvale used that home field advantage..."

"Which doesn't exist!"

"...to their advantage as they held a scrappy young KMI team 17 to 15 to punch their ticket to the title game."

"Archers had a hard time putting the defending champions away but really this was a KMI team that wasn't expected to contend this year after all the talent they lost the last two."

"Sure, sure. but they did contend, and were as deserving an opponent as any for Evenvale. Look out for the Archers, they're good and are my bet to win it all now."

"That set up the possibility for an all Bak10 championship game..."

"Trieste would have loved that, both Kerry and the real one."

"...but alas it wasn't meant to be as number 15 Nessem University took down the number three Blue Birds 24 to 18 in the Party Bowl."

"Damn shame, would have loved to see Glencross..."

"Kirt!"

"...in the finals."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

TAG: no one/everyone

299 GCAA College BoloBall Champiosnhip Game:

Sweetner Bowl: #13 University of Evenvale vs. #15 Nessem University

jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  16. SWNerd11

SWNerd11 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2017
    IC: Franc Danshire
    Elite Limmie League 299

This was supposed to be Franc’s year. It was supposed to start off with a Premiership win, something the Monarchs were denied in their inaugural season over 3 decades earlier, over another former ELL squad looking for redemption. But Rydonni Prime’s triumph slipped through their fingers by a single point.

The following morning he learned that Gemma Sal-Solo and Lena Roselli had announced their retirement from Professional Limmie. He immediately got on the comms with Dawn and demanded that she sign Maggie Adams to a three year deal to keep her as a Monarch until 301. He didn’t care what amount they would have to pay her to keep her from retiring, the team could not have the face of the organization leaving when they were making a return to the Elite League. The deal was finalized the morning before the 299 ELL Draft.

Two standard months before the Monarchs’ return

When everything looked like it was getting back on track for Franc, yet another snag occured. This time, however, it was within his own personal life.

One night his eldest daughter, Rosalena, came home well after curfew.

Franc activated the lamp behind his chair, bathing the room in bright light, “Where in the Nine Hells have you been, young lady?”, he asked sternly.

Rosalena, rapidly blinked her eyes as she attempted to shield them with her arm, “None of your businessss, I’m an adulot, remembah?” She slurred. It was obvious to him that she had been drinking.
    “You might be an adult in the eyes of the Crown and the Republic, but as long as you live under my roof you live under my rules.”

“Sorery, da. It wan’ happ-hicc-en again.” Her lips pursed and her cheeks swelled, like she was going to be sick all over the floor, but instead it was a gut twisting silent belch. The stench was thick with the sickly sweetness of dargelie.

“So?” She just stared at him blankly. Franc let the question linger for a few moments before pressing the issue, “Where were you?”

“I waz wit my friens at The Claymore.”

“The Claymore?!? Tavish McNosh’s place? You couldn’t go to one of my places?”

Rosalena slumped against the wall, “Yer place’ ist borin’.”

Franc got up from his chair and scrapped his daughter off the wall to help her up stairs. He knew there was no physiological way for her to be sober enough to work the next morning. He couldn’t risk having her on the job site hungover, let alone still drunk. “Well you’re not working tomorrow, that’s for sure.”

“Eh wanst goin’ ta wok anwaze.”

“Really? The last time I checked you were slated to be on site tomorrow.”

“I quit.”

Franc chuckled as he laid her down in her bed. “Very funny.” He pulled her shoes off and tucked her in under her sheet.

“I’m not kiddin’.”

That was the last thing she said before starting to snore.

The next morning Franc went to the Monarchs offices before anyone else in his house woke up. As he settled in behind he looked down to find three datapads awaiting his attention. Looking the first one over it appeared to be a standard contract for a first year Head Scout. The thing that brought a smile to his face was the name on the contract, Gemma Sal-Solo. The second datapad was for their new Defensive Coordinator, Lena Roselli. Finally the last was a request to the Elite League offices asking permission to allow Dawn Solo to contact two GCAA players who did not opt to participate in the 299 ELL Entry draft prior to the start of the upcoming 299 season.

Franc signed off on the three documents and sent them on their respective ways. He then pulled up the team’s current personnel roll and noticed a glaring hole that still needed to be filled. He keyed his intercom, “Cheri? Can you find Ms. Solo and have her report to my office ASAP? Thanks.” Before Cheri even offered a response Franc’s office door was swinging open.

“There was something you wanted to see me about, Franc?” Dawn confidently strode in and took up the seat opposite the Monarchs’ owner.

“Ah, yes, Dawn, I signed the contracts for your new scout and Defensive Coach, along with your petition to the league, but I was disappointed that I didn’t see a contract for a new Head Coach.”

“That’s because we don’t need a new Head Coach.”

“Corrie’s staying?” Franc asked hopefully.

“No.”

Franc sank back into his bantha hide chair, “Oh, so are you going to coach the team this season?”

Dawn started to laugh, “You should live so long.”

“Okay…” Franc still didn’t understand, “Sooo… why don’t we need a new Head Coach?”

“I because we already have one under contract.” Dawn pulled out her hip flask and offered it to Franc. He held up a hand in a polite refusal. “More accurately, the person who is going to be acting as the new Head Coach is under contract, Cali Royd. She technically has one more year on her contract so she has agreed to be interim Head Coach for this next season and we can negotiate a new deal next year.”

“Great, but doesn’t that mean we need to hire a new Offensive Coach?”

“Yup, and I have her contract right here.”

Franc took the datapad that Dawn had extended towards him. He didn’t even bother to read the terms and just went straight to the name. “Vesper? THE Vesper Lynd? From Bakura?”

“The one and only.” Dawn offered her flask once more.

This time Franc took the flask and sniffed it, “Come on, I know a place that serves the good stuff.”

After spending the rest of the day celebrating with Dawn and the rest of the front office staff, Franc came staggering home to find his wife sitting, alone, in the dining room. “So where have you been, Franc?”

“I’m sorry dear, I lost track of time, I should have called you to let you know I was going out with the staff after work.”

“Well,” she said wiping a tear from her eye, “I’m glad you had a good day.” She pushed away from the table and shoved a piece of filmsi into his chest as she passed him, “You can sleep off your good day on the couch.”

Franc read the letter that was written in his daughter’s handwriting explaining that she had grown tired of living under the oppressive rule of her parents. She was quitting the family business for a job at The Claymore and was moving in there, with her boyfriend, Janus Greco. Franc’s head was pounding. At first he thought it was due to the revelry, but when he wiped the blood that trickled from his nose it was something else.

That was the last thing he saw before blacking out and collapsing to the dining room floor.

The next time he opened his eyes, he was in a private hospital room, the 299 regular season was over, the Golden Knights were in the playoffs, Nessem University was playing for the GCAA championship, and the Monarchs were the worst team in Limmie. The only thing that made this worse was the fact that he had no idea how any of it happened.

TAG: @Trieste

jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    HSN Headlines
    • Alana Kirt reflects on the end of UBCS's history-making season: "We would have liked to make a little more history."
    • Kirt did most of her press conference, reclining in her chair with her feet up on the interview table with a margarita, tortilla chips, and an assortment of salsa, guacamole, and queso.
      • "This is the Party Bowl after all."
    • "There's really no shame in losing to a #15 seed at this stage in the game. To get this far you've got to be good, no matter who you are."
    • "Three minutes. We had three minutes of play where we got behind things and that's what led to the two goals that were ultimately the difference. We matched them for the other 57. But that's the way this game can go."
    • "Super proud of everyone this season. We knew we were good, but we stayed humble and got the job done."
      • "Yeah, I think Enos has what it takes to be big. He's a lot like Shasta Carp, talented but able to grind."
      • "I could see him slotting into a team like the Pirates and making an instant impact. Put him opposite someone like Bellator and there could be some magic."
      • "He'd be great on any ELL roster though. I think some teams are definitely going to go looking for defense."
    • "Would have really liked to have seen how that Evenvale rematch went."
      • "Oh yeah, go Archers for sure. Jexi has been building a great program over there. I mean, they've done the hard work, start to finish."
      • "I give a lot of credit to Breena Eastwick for where the Archers today. If she doesn't go there, that program doesn't win in '94 and they don't get the recruiting boost from it. They've built on that with slow, steady progress. They're not flashy like other programs, but look where they are today. I think there are a lot of schools who would love a program as consistent as theirs."
    • "Next season? Well I don't want to sound greedy, but pulling off the first threepeat in Bak10 history would be awesome."
      • "Hey, if we keep up this progression, we'll be in the championship game next season. Who's supposed to host that? Is it the Carnation Bowl? That'd be cool."
    • "Once I get back to Bakura, there's going to be some more Kirt news for all of you, so don't take off for the offseason just yet."
    • Bak10 Commissioner Kerry Trieste spoke with reporters after the Bak10's home bowl of the Carnation Bowl.
      • "I have remained adamant that we don't need a Bak10 championship game and that remains true today."
      • "I look forward to rooting for the Archers unreservedly at the Sweetner Bowl."
      • "Unlike the Rim 10, we can actually count the number of universities in our conference."
      • When asked about her thoughts on the possibility of the Bak10 winning the last two non-Power 5 GCAA championships: "Core World bias."
      • On the prospects of Bak10 expansion in 300: "You're smart. Go ahead and guess."

jcgoble3 likes this.
  18. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC Shannon Vigo

Not too long after we set up our tailgate I noticed my dad was talking to some guys with holos. The holos weren’t on and it wasn’t unusual. Then something really unusual did happen my dad asked me if I wanted to give former Miners player Horst Penn a stadium tour. It was like hosting one of those food shows on the travel channel. Horst didn’t ask me about any of our players or how I felt about my brother playing for the Miners. I actually forgot about all those things myself real quick because I got caught up in introducing Hosrt to all the different nacho stands in our stadium. There are 50 of them altogether, after all.

Naomi came with me, but she was so holo shy she didn’t say anything. Later she was so mad, she hopes she gets a second chance next season. Maybe she will, but probably not with Horst. The game was very different from all the other Starkiller games this season. The Starkillers played offense. It started with a T.J. Allin goal was sandwiched in between mostly T.J. Allin goals and ended with a T.J. Allin goal. Don’t get me wrong, a few other players did score and everyone on the offense was kicking butt. T.J. was just on fire.

My brother was no slouch, but our defense did come through when we needed it and by the end of the 4th quarter we knew we were going to Bakura next week for the play-offs. I thought for sure Naomi would be coming with us but here mom’s didn’t see going to Bakura for a play-off game as an excuse to miss a school day. Naomi was clearly upset, but she didn’t blame me. Our week together was normal. I had to fly out right after our swim meet on Friday night and she actually sent a play-list for me to listen to on the shuttle to my data pad sometime between when the swim meet ended and before our flight took off.

Several of the songs were songs we heard at the stadium this season. Songs we’d danced together too when the Starkillers were winning or just during time outs. Other songs were songs I’d never heard that maybe she liked before we met. I’d have to ask her when I got home. For now I’m surrounded by relatives on a crowded private flight.

We could have all flown commercial, but I guess when you have this many people and one Mon Cal it’s almost practical to rent your own shuttle. Nothing like being the only non-human on a flight and you are supposed to be related to everyone on the flight. I really miss when Jimsey used to travel with the family. It felt just a little less awkward back then. Maybe if Naomi were here I’d be so busy having someone to talk to I wouldn’t notice so much.

When we land we meet my brother for a late dinner, then we crash at the hotel. The game is tomorrow as the flight was long. I don’t think there’s really any loss for me and my dad’s. If the Starkillers win it will be really awesome. We will have to travel to Carratos or Mandalore because our record wasn’t as good as theirs. Still it will be a cup game. Those are pretty spectacular. Hopefully Naomi’s mom’s would understand the importance of a Galactic Cup game. Certainly a few days of school aren’t that important.

However if Jimsey and the Miners win, my brother gets to play for his first Galactic Cup and I’m pretty sure my dad’s would want to see that game in person too. Suddenly I really regret leaving all my schoolwork for the flight home. Travelling next week and keeping up with school. I slip out of bed and turn on my data pad, because I can’t sleep. Too much excitement, too much anticipation and even a little worry. At least I am able to finish some homework while I can’t sleep.

Tag: @Trieste

Trieste likes this.
  19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Playoffs! :D Bonus potential for all teams involved: Bakura, Carratos, Mando'ade, and Ralltiir.

Galactic Cup Playoffs
    Conference Finals
    (2) Carratos Pirates at (1) Mando’ade Mercs (28-36)
    (2) Ralltiir Starkillers at (1) Bakura Miners (8-12)

143rd Galactic Cup Final
    Mesh’la Vhetin, Keldabe, Mandalore
    (1) Bakura Miners at (1) Mando’ade Mercs

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 @Runjedirun

20. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Skimmer Ade League Semifinals
    Thyferra Force @ Cantonica Golden Knights (5-13)
    Atzerri Bandits @ Commenor Gundarks (28-3)

Skimmer Ade League Finals
    Cantonica Golden Knights vs Atzerri Bandits

Tags: @Jedi Gunny @SWNerd11 @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422
    *reminder that Skimmer Ade League Final will be played Saturday (aka the day before the Galactic Cup)

Trieste likes this.
  21. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    HSN Headlines
    • All-Bakura high school champion Kassandra Kirt announces she will attend Atalanta University in 300 ABY.
      • Kirt will play defense for the Titans and is widely expected to start next season.
      • Titans finished last in Bak10 in 299.
    • BBC Sports analyst (…wait it’s Horst again…here we go…): “This is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge get for Atalanta. Like with 16 Us! They haven’t won the Bak10 since my brother- and sister-in-law went there!”
      • “For a second I thought my wife had gone there, which is pretty surprising because she went to UBCS and you’d think I’d remember since she’s been bringing it up like 20 times a day recently.”
      • “Anyways, Kirt--good thing there’s only one of them playing these in the Bak10 now or that would be confusing when they played each other--hits really hard for being small. I guess the word for that is wiry? Except she’s not made of wires. I guess she’s kind of like wires though, mainly those big wires that hold up bridges and are used on construction sites to lift heavy things.”
      • “And you know—Kassandra wasn’t coached by her mom. She might actually be a better player than her brother because we’re seeing what a good coach Alana is and Olivar got the benefit of that when he was in high school.”
      • “Atalanta would really have been up a creek without Kirt. I mean, their rival Evenvale has just been wailing on them recently and is in the GCAA championship game. Atalanta was probably going to become dinosaurs if they didn’t get an influx of talent.”
        • “Also, I have been told that it’s better to say dinosaurs instead of Ssi-Ruuk because Bakurans get really upset when you say Ssi-Ruuk. Good thing I didn’t say Ssi-Ruuk! We’d probably get some angry letters if I’d said Ssi-Ruuk!”

Bardan_Jusik, jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Live from Bakura Gardens, Salis D’aar, Bakura

“It’s the Solo Conference championship game, gentlebeings, and it is electric here inside the Gardens. If I hadn’t used so much gel in my hair, it’d be standing on end right now,” Lun confessed.

“It’s a rematch of the regular season finale and the Miners are going to have to find their mojo after dropping the last game to the Starkillers. This will be their third match up and the tiebreaker will send the winner to the Galactic Cup Final. It’s a rematch of the 297 Galactic Cup Final, so expect both teams to bring the heat.”

“Let’s go to Horst at field level for the BRC Three Keys to the Game,” Lun said.

They cut to Horst, who was blinking in confusion. “Hey…uh…what now?”

“You know, the Three Keys to the Game,” Lun prompted.

“I don’t have any keys. I keep losing them. Besides, I just use the clicker thing that makes the headlights of my speeder flash,” Horst confessed. “That helps me find it in the parking lot.”

“No, not actual keys,” Lun explained. “The three things that the Miners need to do today to win.”

“Oh that’s simple!” Horst said. “In fact, there’s only one key: score more points than the Starkillers!”

“But how are they going to—you know what, nevermind,” Lun said.

“And since I didn’t need two other keys to the game, I’d like to use this time to dedicate this broadcast to Mrs. Ashley Huggbees of Fullers Earth, Atalanta. Why? Because I like saying the word ‘Huggbees.’ Go ahead. Try it. Huggbees.”

“Uhhhhh…Huggbees,” Lun said. He paused. “Actually, that’s not that bad.”

“Let’s do the lineups…” Aerax said, shifting back to the matter at hand.

“It has been a defensive slugfest today, the likes of which the Miners haven’t played since the early days of this season,” Lun narrated. “Louise Till remains on fire—playing even better than last week if that’s possible. She’s kept Harle Quinn neutralized today, which is saying something. I mean, I don’t think Quinn could make any progress against Till if she had a giant wooden hammer she could whack Till with. Maybe she’d do better with a lightball bat?”

“It’s clear that the Miners are going to need something to push them to the next level,” Aerax said. “Horst—do you sense that they’ve got any tricks up their sleeves that could allow them to break through?”

Horst, standing on the sidelines, ran a hand through his hair and let the air out of his lungs. He didn’t look hopeful. “I don’t know, Aerax. This are looking pretty bleak down here.”

“That’s…not your usual optimism, Horst,” Aerax said.

“Unless…”

“Oh no.”

“Hey, you. Yes, you. You watching the HoloNet right now,” Horst said, looking into the camera, addressing the audience. “The Miners…well, they’re in pretty bad shape. Might not gonna make it. You’re gonna have to help them. I saw this thing in a movie once and it worked. Who knows? It might work now. Here’s what I want you to do.

“Clap.

“Clap as loud as you can. Let them know you’re out there. Let them know you care. Come on. Clap.”

The camera panned away over to Horst to the stands in Bakura Gardens. The fans were very pointedly not clapping. In fact, they were just looking at Horst, unsure of what to make of him. The camera went back to Horst.

“Come on! You can do better than that!”

The camera went back to the stands where no one was clapping, but someone did kind of cough and clear their throat.

“Clap!”

Then, someone, somewhere in that field level section Horst was standing in front of, started clapping. It was a polite clap, maybe a pity clap just to humor Horst, but it was clapping.

“Clap with all your might!”

The clapping grew louder, a little more enthusiastic as others picked it up.

“Come on! Clap!”

The fans started getting to their feet, clapping, some of them raising their voices in cheers. Other sections were starting to do the same as the noise reached them. Maybe beings at home were clapping too. The video feed cut back to the broadcast booth where Lun was clapping and, after a moment’s reluctance and a look that said I can’t believe I’m about to do this, Aerax began too.

They cut to the field where Harle Quinn, just for a moment, raised her head, as if she noticed that something was happening around her, as she fought off Louise Till.

“That’s it! Keep it up! Throw in some Huggbees too! Huggbees! Huggbees!”

“Huggbees! Huggbeees!” the fans began chanting.

“Huggbees! Huggbees!” Lun joined in.

“Huggbees! Huggbees!” Harle Quinn started shouting for no reason other than it seemed fun.

Maybe it was because of the crowd. Maybe it was because of the Force. Maybe it was because a butterfly flapped its wings in Bradd. Maybe it was because of nothing at all.

Whyever it happened, the boloball came into Jimsey Vigo’s hand and he didn’t hesitate.

“Goal!” Lun shouted as the crowd exploded. “What a play! What a goal! You can’t draw them up better than that!”

“I did it!” the audience at home could hear Horst shouting as the video feed focused on the celebrating Miner forwards. “Yes!”

“And as the Miners lift their tenth Solo Conference Trophy, you’ve got to like the way that the won today. A defense that spent much of the season giving up points and relying on their offense to win games is the hero today,” Lun said.

“And if championships are won on defense, you’ve got to like the way the Miners are trending,” Aerax added. “Horst—do we have to go to Horst? He’s probably wearing the Solo Conference Trophy on his head as a hat or something. Horst—any closing thoughts?”

When they cut to the sideline reporter in his mustard blazer, he looked into the camera seriously to deliver his great, momentous thoughts on the victory that had taken place here today and the great game that lay before the team now. And Horst said…

“Huggbees.”

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @Runjedirun

(OOC: Also, go watch Freakazoid, from which I wholesale lifted the Huggbees bit and Horst's speech. You’ll be glad you did.)

Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a cold and shab is it ever windy, victory..."

"Playoff victory!"

"... afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz over on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

"Oh yeah we do, Mercs are playing for the Galactic Cup for the second straight year."

"Let's hope they actually win this one."

"That's right, that's right. And for the first time ever the Mando'ade Mercs will be playing in front of the home town fans at Meshla Vhetin as they play for that Galactic Cup championship, following their 36 to 28 win over the Carratos Pirates..."

"Who you hate."

"...who I hate, but baby not as much as usual today!"

"Can't blame you, man what a game though!"

"It was, it was, the kind of slugfest you expect of these two teams."

"Pirates weren't messing around, putting up 28 points on the league's best defense."

"No, no they weren't, but as difficult as it is to beat a good team twice in one season, it's shab near impossible to beat one in back to back weeks as the Pirates were trying to do."

"Yeah, generally advantage to the losing team in the situation, which proved to be the case here as the Mercs managed to be just a bit better with the difference being the surprise play of Brirs there at full forward."

"We haven't mentioned her name much this season, she has been overshadowed by the dynamic duo up front there, but with eight points scored she provided the margin of victory for the Mercs."

"Of course with all that scoring, just about every forward got in on the act."

"Yeah, it was an all around great team effort, which I am sure is just how Coach Kor'le drew it up."

"Don't think allowing 28 was a part of the plan."

"Probably not, but the fast pace worked and now the Mercs move on to face the Miners."

"That's another good team, and I am sure the week will be full of analysis..."

"By the manda."

"What?" Justin took the interruption in stride.

"This means more BBC coverage and ..."

"Horst Penn on the sidelines of the Galactic Cup, at Meshla Vhetin."

"Liz, get the BBC on the line."

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422

OOC: @Trieste once more unto the breach dear friend. Good luck!

24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Iris Copin edges out Regan Stargazer to win the Salbukk Award as MVP.
    • Adenn Vizsla wins the S'rily Award as best GM/head coach as part of his farewell season.
    • Deon Canistia rounds out Skywalker sweep of awards by narrowly beating Horst Penn for the Vigo Award, honoring sportsmanship, dedication to limmie, or inspiring actions).
    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 @jcgoble3 @Jedi Gunny @Runjedirun @SWNerd11 @The Jedi in the Pumas
    (OOC: Fun fact! Both the Salbukk and Vigo Awards were tie votes broken by Random.org. Further proof that your vote matters!)

25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    HSN Headlines
    • ELL announces the promotion of the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers.
      • Smugglers finished last in 298 before being unable to compete in the 299 season due to civil unrest on the moon.
      • The Smugglers have already filed to participate in the 300 Draft and will draft first overall.
    • The Euceron Officers have been demoted from the ELL.
      • The Officers finished second-to-last in the league in 299.
    • The Smugglers will assume the Officers’ position in the Skywalker Conference and home-and-away scheduling rotation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.