main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite League Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"With Championship week come and gone..."

"And oh what a week it was."

"shab yeah!"

"...the playoff field is set and the top 16 teams are getting ready for the the madness that is limmie lunacy..."

"Much more fun tournament than shockball or lightball."

"Lightball has a tournament?"

"They do for college."

"There is college lightball?!?"

"Ping!"

"...first let's look at how they all got there."

"Oh start at the top!"

"And at the top, number one The Ord Sabaok University defeated number five Chandrila A&M University 27 to 23 to take the Super 16 Championship and secure themselves the number one overall seed in the playoff."

"It's their year, going to win it all baby!"

"Aggies still going to make the playoff bracket, and I think they will be a tough out too..."

"Right below them at number two, Royal College of Hapes defeated number eight University of Agamar to take the RIM 10..."

"You almost said BiG10."

"...and secure their own playoff seed."

"Watch out for Hapes man, I see them as a Fantastic Four team for sure this tourny."

"Meanwhile number four University of Tatooine, Anchorhead crushed unranked University of Mon Calamari 26 to 14 for the RAAC 10 title."

"Yeah, that game wasn't as close as that final score, UTA pulled all their starters with like 10 minutes to go and the Mon Cals scored over half their points in garbage time."

"In the SEC number 12 Imperial College of Bastion did enough to secure their own playoff spot beating number seven Keldabe Military Institute 24 to 14..."

"Put's KMI on the bubble after losing to ICB in back to back weeks now."

"While the BIG20 championship was won by number 23 University of Onderon Rupings 29 to 28 over an unranked Venderwell University, Bespin squad."

"Not nearly enough to put UOR in the playoffs..."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

TAG: no one/everyone

Final HSN Top 25 (LW)

1. The Ord Sabaok University (1)
    2. Royal College of Hapes (2)
    3. UB Cape Suzette (3)
    4. University of Tatooine, Anchorhead (4)
    5. Imperial College of Bastion (12)
    6. Tipoca City College, Kamino (6)
    7. Coruscant Polytechnic Institute (9)
    8. University of Tatooine (10)
    9. Wookiee Forrest Institute (11)
    10. Geonosis Central College (13)
    11. Chandrila A&M University (5)
    12. Keldabe Military Institute (7)
    13. University of Agamar (8)
    14. Capital University (14)
    15. University of Kuat (15)
    16. Sundari School of Interstellar Relations (16)
    17. Citadel University of Anaxes (17)
    18. Druckenwell Technical University (18)
    19. Sarvchi Technological University (19)
    20. Orn Free Ta Central Academy, Ryloth (20)
    21. Vertical City University, Nar Shaddaa (21)
    22. University of Onderon Rupings (23)
    23. Norand University, Carratos (22)
    24. Pirtolanda State University (24)
    25. Prytis College of Natural Sciences (25)

300 GCAA College BoloBall Champiosnhip Playoffs: The Starting 16

• Sweetner Bowl: #1 The Ord Sabaok University vs. #16 Sundari School of Interstellar Relations
    • Nylonite Bowl: #2 Royal College of Hapes vs. #15 University of Kuat
    • Jogan Bowl: #3 UB Cape Suzette vs. #14 Capital University
    • Republic Bowl: #4 University of Tatooine, Anchorhead vs. #13 University of Agamar
    • Papa Palpatine Bowl: #5 Imperial College of Bastion vs. #12 Keldabe Military Institute
    • Incom Bowl: #6 Tipoca City College, Kamino vs. #11 Chandrila A&M University
    • Bank of the Core Bowl: #7 Coruscant Polytechnic Institute vs. #10 Geonosis Central College
    • SoroSuub Bowl: #8 University of Tatooine vs. #9 Wookiee Forrest Institute

GCAA College BoloBall Championship Playoffs News and Notes

• This season marks the first time that #16 Sundari School of Interstellar Relations, #14 Capital University and #10 Geonosis Central College have made a post season appearance of any kind.
    • The Papa Palpatine Bowl match up features a re-match of the 300 SEC title game between #5 Imperial College of Bastion and #12 Keldabe Military Institute and will be the third week in a row the two teams have faced off against one another. ICB was the winner of both previous matches.
    • Only five of the 16 teams in the playoff bracket come from Non Power Five Conferences. #3 UB Cape Suzette, #6 Tipoca City College, Kamino, #9 Wookiee Forrest Institute, #10 Geonosis Central and #14 Capital University College

Runjedirun, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  2. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    IC Lucie Vigo

I was so nervous about this game. I thought at best it was going to be another epic battle like last week, except we’d be the team to score last and come out with the victory. The more likely scenario since the Miners are at home is that they beat us and the game is over early. Turns out the game is over early, but we are on top.

TJ absolutely lit up the scoreboard. Every time I looked up from a routine he was taking a shot on goal. The Miners defense could not stop him. The Starkillers defense on the other hand was stopping everything. It was mind blowing every season I counted us out and every season we seemed to climb back into play-off contention. But we aren’t there yet. We are still a game behind and there are only three games left.

There’s two more road games. In the next two consecutive weeks. This one coming up is against the Monarchs. The Starkillers need to be careful. The Monarchs may have the worst record in the league, but that doesn’t mean a win is a guarantee. A win is never a guarantee. Still for different reasons I can’t wait for this game against the Monarchs to be over. I want to move on to Coruscant. Not because the game is more meaningful, which it absolutely is. Those two final games of the season are going to be absolutely crucial, especially if we pull off the win against the Monarchs.

I want to land on Coruscant because I know Ezra will be there to greet me. I haven’t seen him in months. He’s been busy playing Limmie, even if the Galaxy doesn’t know it because the GCAA refuses to rank them Republican does have a Limmie team. In previous years I’d gone to games. This year with my schedule on the dance team I hadn’t been able to be there in person. I’d had to settle for watching my son on the holo. Since his team is unranked the season is over. Unfortunately, that doesn’t mean Ezra’s schedule gets any easier. He’s on pace to graduate with a pre-law degree in the spring.

He had to take summer classes to play Limmie and graduate on time. I’m so proud of him for sticking with his original plan, even though I know it was tempting to transfer to another school that would have had a ranked Limmie team. He’ll have his day in the spotlight. Patience will persevere. Not to mention someday when he’s done winning Limmie Galactic cups his brain will be intact. He’ll have earned a full law degree and he’ll go on to be a great practicing lawyer. He says he wants to be a court appointed lawyer. He wants to help those who can’t afford lawyers. He’s got the biggest heart and I couldn’t be prouder to be his mother.

I get to see him next week. All we have to do now is beat Rydonni Prime. I sure hope the Starkillers are more focused on today’s game than I am.

Tags: @Trieste @SWNerd11

Trieste likes this.
  3. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Arkos Tathin
    Carratos

It was like the oxygen had been sucked out of the room, everyone's eyes stared in disbelief, Arkos swore he heard everyone's hearts drop right out of their chests. That zero next to the Pirates was like a black hole, sucking hopes, dreams and chances of making the playoffs into it. There was nothing left, no sneaky way the Pirates could slip in, they had to win all their games and the Gangbusters had to lose all their games. There was no other way, or that was how it felt.

No one even came up to the bar, they all just quietly left, a few with tears in their eyes. It felt like the end of an era, the Pirates had always made the playoffs, they might not have gotten far but at least they were at the dance. Now, they weren't going to be there. The barman didn't blame them, he was crushed too. As it was going to be a quiet night he walked up to Sana, a burning question on his mind.

"Think I can knock off early, looks dead in here."

"Sure, head out, I'll cover."

"Thanks, I'll pay you back later, promise." He quickly brushed past everyone heading towards his bike, taking only a moment to send a message to Zara.

'Meet you at your place.'

He didn't check his comm until he got to her apartment door.

'I might not be good company.' Was the message waiting for him.

'Still coming over.'

He knocked on the door, and waited, and waited. Had he gotten here before her. The sound of footsteps drew his attention. They weren't quick or even a normal gate, they seemed more shuffling than anything. His eyes caught a glimpse of a haggard looking twi'lek as she came around the corner. A long sigh left her chest.

"I told you I'm not going to be any fun to be around."

"That's ok, I didn't come to have fun. I came because I wanted to make sure you're ok."

She gave a slightly broken smile and held out her arms.

"Tada, I'm fine…" She took a step forward and stumbled. Arkos moved quickly to catch her. Her hand pressed into his chest as he wrapped his arms around her. Seizing the moment he gave her a little squeeze.

"Yep totally fine." He whispered into her ear. She buried her face into his shoulder, letting out another breath.

"Could you get the door…" The defender asked her hands gripping the back of his nerfhide jacket.

"Sure." He pressed a kiss into the side of her head and guided her to the door. "Uh…" He looked at the panel, then back to her.

"Oh," slowly she let go with one arm and input the code for her door. As the door opened Arkos gave her another squeeze, before slowly walking into the space.

"Need anything, water, snack, painkillers?"

"If you could get me a glass of water."

"Sure." He didn't pull away from her right away, letting her give him another long squeeze before moving away. Over his shoulder he watched her go into her room. It was a simple thing filling up a cup then bringing it to her. He caught her just as she was slipping into her sleepwear, a simple shirt, and light pants. "Here,"

"Thanks." She took a gulp then another before setting on the nightstand and crawling into bed.

"Need anything else?" Arkos asked leaning over her.

"You…" she said her hand reaching up and curing her fringers around his collar.

"Alright." He joined her slotting in behind her and draping an arm over her. She in turn nestled into him. They stayed like that for a while, so long Arkos thought he'd dozed off for a bit.

"He's not an ex…" Her voice cut through the silence snapping Arkos out of the slight haze that had set in.

"Huh?" He asked still a little confused.

"The guy, in the holo, he's not an ex."

"Oh," The image flashed before his eyes the look in her eyes, the smile on the Devaronian's face, and then that same devaronian giving Iris a kiss. "You don't have to…"

"No, I saw your face last week. I don't want you getting...the wrong." She curled up a little more. "The wrong idea."

"It's ok, I…"

"I just had a crush on him." Zara cut him off, "Pej, that's his name. He's known Iris since she was a little girl."

"Childhood friend."

"Yeah, he followed her everywhere, well almost everywhere. I hear he used to play limmie but couldn't keep up with her, so he stopped."

"Well, I mean she is the best of her generation."

"I don't know if that's true, I only met them when they started secondary school on Denon. I didn't think much of him at first. He was so clearly in love with Iris, but she was so focused on playing limmie that she didn't notice."

"One track mind?"

"A little, and a little not used to thinking of him like that. He'd kinda always been there for her. He was her best friend first, the romantic part came much later. Anyway, she went straight to the league, and I did two years at University of Denon."

"Explains the sweater." He pressed a kiss into the back of her neck.

"Yeah, well, Pej didn't get the message that Iris was heading to Carratos, and he was already accepted to UD."

"Oh so they were separated?"

"Yep for a whole year before he could transfer to University of Carratos. I became his friend. It started out as protecting him, you know from bullies, girls that might not realize or care that he's in a relationship. But, as I spent more and more time close to him, around him, he was just so nice, so caring. Hell he helped me out with some of my tougher classes, even when he didn't have to. I could feel it in my gut that my heart was running away from me, that it was falling for this kind generous man. There were moments, little flashes that I thought maybe, maybe he felt the same. Then Iris would come up and I would see the genuine love in his eyes and I would just feel hurt. I knew he'd never had that look in his eyes when he looked at me. But, no matter how many times my heart was hurt it kept falling for him. It was a whole year of me pining after him, watching him drop everything to answer a call from Iris, wake up early in the morning so he could talk to her. It hurt but, also made me like him more, the loyalty, the love, I just wanted someone like that in my life. It didn't help that I also took advantage of his kindness, asking him to stay over when I was feeling lonely, or hell, I once called him from a restaurant where I got stood up by a date...I didn't even try and stop him when he said he'd be right there…" She paused fighting back a sob. "And you know what he did, he sat with me, had dinner with me, and even paid the bill. Can you believe that? I call him out of the blue and he came right to me, made me feel better." Arkos gave her a squeeze, letting her talk, letting her get all of this off her chest. "Then I declare for the draft, get drafted by the Pirates, then have to sit and watch as Iris ignored this wonderful man. They were finally together and she was too focused on playing her game. And he didn't help himself by being all nervous and not telling her how he felt. It got so bad I almost had to slap Iris across the face to make her realize what she had, what was slipping through her fingers. Little did I know that when they were finally together, it would hurt more. There was only so many times I could walk up on them making out, or worse Iris sitting in Pej's lap. It took a while, a long while for me to get past it. To get over the loss."

"But it sounds like you did…" Arkos said interlacing his fingers with hers. "You got past it." He kissed the back of her neck again.

"It still took way too long, way too long." She nestled back into him a little more, letting the silence settle in once again. "You know, I once had a dream…"

"Oh?"

"A dream about cornering Pej, really coming onto him, you know, like really coming onto him."

"Uh huh."

"And he still rebuffed me, even in my dreams I knew I couldn't be with him." There was a little sob that was pulled from her chest.

"You're ok, the heart if fickle, and stupid sometimes."

"Mine was an idiot…"

"That's ok...It's ok." He held her close reminding her that she had him, that he was here to listen, and hold her…"It's alright."

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik and Trieste like this.
  4. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus potential for Bakura, Carratos, Mando'ade, and Ralltiir.

300 Week 8 Results
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Mando’ade Mercs (11-27)
    Geonosis Gangbusters at Carratos Pirates (12-11)
    Bakura Miners at Coruscant Senators (9-15)
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Rydonni Prime Monarchs (3-2)

HSN Headlines
    • Mando'ade Mercs win Commissioner's Trophy with two weeks left in the season
    • Geonosis Gangbusters secure first Galactic Cup Playoff berth since the team's move from Kessel
    • Gangbusters and Mercs will play three consecutive games against each other, alternating between Mesh'la Vhetin and Quake Caf Petranaki Arena
    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 @jcgoble3 @Jedi Gunny @Runjedirun @SWNerd11 @The Jedi in the Pumas

5. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for: Tatooine (28), Cloud City (28), Concordia (28) and Atzerri (28)

Skimmer Ade League Eight Results
    Druckenwell Marksmen @ Concordia Crusaders (10-5)
    Kamino Waves @ Atzerri Bandits (2-8)
    Cloud City Sky Captains @ Thyferra Force (13-21)
    Tatooine Sandksimmers @ Cantonica Golden Knights (0-23)

Tags: @Vehn @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 @Trieste @Jedi Gunny @SWNerd11

Trieste likes this.
  6. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Deon Canistia
    -ON THE WAY TO THE PLAYOFFS

[​IMG]

Binback and Deon dancing in the middle of the field after the close victory would be a sore sight for Pirates fans...

They didn't care.

Deon had made a goal saving play to end the game and he was going to let the fans, the GANGBUSTERS fans, see him shine. HARD. He'd take the fines later. For now, it was time to celebrate!

----
    Fresh out of the shower, Deon stood shirtless as reporters surrounded his locker. The Cathar slid not one, but TWO CHAINZ on his neck and inserted a large diamond grill on his large canine bottom teeth.

"Lawdy...Lawdy.." A reporter in the front of the pack of hungry newscasters stuck a microphone in his face.

"How does it feel to bring home the victory and make good on your guarantee of the playoffs for your team and the Gangbuster Army?"

"It feels hella good, man. Everyone who doubted Gangbuster Army is seeing now why it was so important for us to bring a professional Limmie team back to Geonosis. Our fans deserve a playoff berth...and you know what, they deserve a playoff victory too...MAYBE EVEN A FEW OF THEM THANGS!"

Binback and Rinback roared in Trandoshan tongue away at their lockers in agreement. The boys were getting rowdy.

"So...does that mean you're guaranteeing a win over Mercs? They're undefeated."

Deon was on a roll.

"The Mercs are a great team. The best team so far. But we're built different. They're going to have to beat the crap out of us to keep us down. I say, bring it on."

He slips on another diamond bracelet and looks directly in the camera.

"BRING IT ON MERCS! UNDEFEATED, OVERFEATED, DOUBLEFEATED, I DON'T CARE. GANGBUSTERS IN 2!!"

Tag: @Trieste @Bardan_Jusik

7. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Lyndsey & Artemis Cash
    Coruscant

“Are we gonna go to Level 1313?” Artemis asked.

“You can’t go there,” the Mandalorian said.

“Why?” Artemis protested.

“Because.”

“‘Because’ is a stupid reason.”

“Well it’s the reason. Besides, there are plenty of good bounties topworld. Coruscant is overflowing with them. Beings think they can come here, disappear among the quadrillions. It just makes things easier for bounty hunters,” the Mandalorian said.

“Do you spend all your time here?” Lyndsey asked.

The trio were standing in an alley, looking at pedestrians passing by in the clean, modern surface level of Coruscant. Here the sun shone (even if the supertowers created canyons of shadow). Unlike every other world they’d been on, no one spared a second glance at their armor. Three Mandalorians was far from the weirdest thing you’d see in an average day in the Galactic City.

“Because you rarely get paid on Corsucant. The Guild prefers to avoid Republican taxes,” the Mandalorian said.

“So what big bad bounty are we going after this time? We’ve got this after Ralltiir. I bet it’ll be a Herglic!” Artemis said enthusiastically.

“Or a Gen’Dai!” Lyndsey added.

“Or a Wookiee raised by a Wampa!”

“Or a—”

“That,” the Mandalorian interrupted, motioning to their prey.

…who turned out to be a Jawa.

“Really?” Lyndsey asked. “That’s kind of anticlimactic.”

“Go forth and hunt,” the Mandalorian said with a brief motion of her hand. It was the universal sign for go, one of the many universal signs.

The twins looked at each other for a quick twintuition check in.

“We’ve got this,” Lyndsey said.
    “Totally,” Artemis agreed.
    “Pincer move?”
    “Yeah, you in front?”
    “And you behind?”
    “Bam.”
    “I love shouting, ‘Stop! Bounty hunters!’”
    “It’s so cool when you do that.”
    “I wish we could do it more often.”
    “Stupid regular lives.”
    “I don’t know, our regular lives are pretty good.”
    “They’d be better if June would just quit the hydration crew.”
    “June’s not so bad.”
    “What happened to hating her?”
    “Maybe we’re a little hard on her.”
    “Please. She’s so stuck up.”
    “Hey, don’t we have to get that Jawa?”
    “Good point. Credits first, bashing on June later!”
    “Not what I meant!”

Artemis went off to close off the rear escape route of the Jawa without replying. Lyndsey moved through the stream of Coruscanti to get ahead of their quarry. She timed it so when she stepped into the Jawa’s view there were only three meters between them.

“Somebody on Lantillies wants to have a conversation with you,” Lyndsey declared. It wasn’t “Stop! Bounty hunters!” but she thought it sounded pretty cool all the same.

“Utinni!” the Jawa shouted. “Shootogawa chikua!”

The Jawa turned to run and Lyndsey went to grab the little being—but a metal torso suddenly stepped in front of her visor. She craned her neck up to see a droid staring down at her. Before she could say anything, the droid punched her in the chest, sending her to the platform floor with a grunt.

“Not cool!” Lyndsey protested.

Behind the droid, the Jawa had found his path blocked by Artemis, who was dancing left and right, mirroring the Jawa trying to get around her.

“No you don’t!” Artemis protested.

“Ubanya yaytah!” the Jawa babbled.

“Don’t make me use this on you!” Artemis warned, brandishing her whipcord launcher.

The Jawa didn’t seem that intimidated—or maybe he was. Either way, he pulled out a blunderbuss of a blaster.

“Sabioto! Shootogawa!” the Jawa warned.

“I’ll do it!” Artemis threatened motioning with her gauntlet.

It was the Jawa who fired first, a large ion burst hitting Artemis in the chest. She looked down at her beskar’gaam…and found the electric charge dispersing itself. Her HUD was still working and her gauntlet lights were still on.

“That’s good to know,” Atemis commented on the ion-proofing of her armor.

The Jawa looked surprised that his ion blast gambit hadn’t worked. He dropped his blaster and turned to run—slamming into the back of his own droid, still tangling with Lyndsey. The bounty groaned a final “utinni…” before keeling over.

“Whatever works I guess,” Artemis said brightly, moving to secure the Jawa before he regained consciousness.

“A little help Artemis?” Lyndsey called out as the droid continued to work her over.

Casually, Artemis picked up the ion blaster, aimed by propping it against her opposite forearm for balance, and send a crackling ball of blue energy into the droid’s back. It seized up and fell into a heap next to its owner.

“No wonder Bakurans usually hate droids,” Lyndsey grumbled, dusting herself off. She gave the bucket of bolts a kick for good measure.

Miners shuttle, en route to Rydonni Prime

There were several benefits of being on a hydration specialist for the Bakura Miners.
    • You got to rub shoulders with some of the most gifted and famous athletes in the galaxy.
    • It looked really good on a university application.
    • You got tons of free Miners gear.
    But there was one other piece that somehow conveniently never got reported back to the specialists’ parents:
    • There was an open bar on the team shuttle.
    Everyone on the hydration crew had turned 18, so they were legally able to enjoy the fruits of the shuttle bar under Bakuran law. Lyndsey hadn’t only dipped into it occasionally during their flights, but it seemed like everyone she encountered had some sort of drink in their hand this time. Though the mood was light and most were smiling, Lyndsey could sense the undercurrent of concern.

They’d all done the math: the Miners had to win both games against Rydonni Prime and have one team sweep the Coruscant-Ralltiir series. Anything else would either put the Miners short of enough wins or tie them with a team ahead of them—and the Miners would lose any tiebreak.

Lyndsey pressed the button for the door to the bar and found that it was empty—except for one being. The one being Lyndsey had hoped she was going to find.

It wasn’t Artemis. She’d retreated to the hydration crew’s shared room to get ahead on studying for the week. They were doing independent study since they wouldn’t be on Bakura for classes. Artemis hoped if she got all her work out of the way now she might get a second bounty hunt in with the Mandalorian.

The figure slumped with her elbows on the bar, her hands supporting her head, drink in front of her, was June. Lyndsey would know her hair in a crowd on any planet, including Coruscant. The game had been hard-fought and Lyndsey had barely had any time to talk to June alone. She slid onto the barstool next to June.

“Hey there,” Lyndsey said. She casually rubbed her knee against June’s.

And to Lyndsey’s surprise, June pulled her leg away.

“Is everything all right?” Lyndsey asked. “I know that one was a tough loss but—”

“It’s not that,” June said, cutting Lyndsey off.

“OK…”

“Do you know what my dad said when I got home last week?” June asked, her voice harsh. “‘Hey who was your girlfriend on the Miners?’”

“What are you talking about?” Lyndsey asked, shocked and confused.

“When Horst interviewed us you put your arm around me. And my dad laughed about it—but only because he thought the idea that his daughter was gay was so preposterous that it couldn’t possibly be true,” June said. “I told you. I told you we couldn’t do that. What this was going to be. And you did something like that.”

“Oh my Maker June. I didn’t even think about that,” Lyndsey exclaimed. She really hadn’t. It had just seemed like what friends did.

“That’s right. You didn’t think about how what you were doing might impact me, after I explicitly told you.” June pushed off the bar to get to her feet. “I’m sorry I can’t do this anymore.”

Lyndsey felt like she’d been hit by a Leon Canistia tackle right in the stomach. “What?”

“I can’t afford my dad to ask any more questions. This—us—whatever it was, it’s over,” June said.

“June!” Lyndsey pleaded.

But June Tyrol didn’t listen. She walked out of the bar, leaving Lyndsey alone.

Lyndsey looked at the bar and put her face in her hands. How could things between them just be over? Sure, it had only been a couple of weeks, but those weeks had felt right. More right than anything ever before. Her heart had been bursting with a joy she couldn’t share. She’d wanted to tell Artemis so many times, but she had known she couldn’t. It had nearly ripped her apart, to be so happy and not be able to tell her sister, her best friend, about it.

And now it was just gone.

Lyndsey wanted to throw something, to cry, to pour an entire bottle of liquor down her throat, to punch a wall, to run after June and apologize, to throw herself into Artemis’s arms and tell her everything, and to wake up to find this had all been a bad dream. But she couldn’t bring herself to do anything, let alone one of those things. Her insides were churning too much for her to do

Until someone tapped the bar in front of her. Lyndsey looked up to discover Harle Quinn—and a large, neon blue drink with a flimsi umbrella the player was pushing towards her.

[​IMG]

“OK so this has got allllllllllll the alcohol in it, darlin’. You just go ahead and let me know when you want another,” Harle said.

“Thank…you?” Lyndsey said. She rubbed her eyes so she didn’t cry in front of one of the Miners’ best players. That wouldn’t be professional.

“This—” Here Harle pushed a cocktail napkin she’d written a number on towards the teenager. “—is the code to my cabin. More suitable-like than the shared bunk you’ve got.” She put up a third finger. “So get a little Corellian courage in ya and then go bang it out with your girlfriend.”

Lyndsey looked at the drink and then back at the living legend. “It’s that obvious that we’re a thing?”

“Only ‘cause of my years ‘n’ years ‘n’ years of experience,” Harle said as she started to make herself a drink.

“Ms. Quinn, this is super nice of you, but you can keep your cabin,” Lyndsey said. “She…doesn’t want to see me anymore.”

“Trust me, honey,” Harle said, leaning against the opposite side of the bar conspiratorially. “She mighta been cryin’, but those were not I-hate-you tears. They were broken-hearted tears. So you just drink up and go get ‘er.”

Lyndsey looked down into her drink. “Yeah, that’s not going to work. I did something…”

“Well that’s the entire reason it’s makeup sex!” Harle said brightly as she stuck a straw in her creation, which had no less than three flimsi umbrellas in it and an entire serving of fruit.

She took a long drink and looked away.

The Zeltron stopped with her mouth halfway to the straw. “Tell me everything,” Harle said with total seriousness. She punctuated this by putting on of the umbrellas from her drink behind her ear.

For some reason Lyndsey started talking Lyndsey, even though it might be another betrayal of June’s trust. It was the first time she’d been able to talk about it and it felt… good. Harle didn’t say anything. She just listened until Lyndsey was done.

“OK, here’s what you’re gonna do kiddo,” Harle said. “You just take that drink back to your bunk and have a good sleep. That’s all you can do tonight.”

“Thanks, Ms. Quinn,” Lyndsey said, standing with her drink. She’d see if she could pawn some of it off on Artemis. There was a lot of liquor in that.

As Lyndsey left she thought she heard something.

“We’re gonna fix this, Harle.”

“Huh?” Lyndsey asked, turning around.

“Nothin’!” Harle said brightly. “Nighty night!”

Lyndsey left the bar, closing the door behind her.

“We’re gonna do the best job ever!”

TAG: @Runjedirun

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  8. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a sunny but frigid Victory afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz over on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

"Another win!"

"Yes, another week, another Mercs victory, this time a 27 to 11 domination over the Strugglers that keeps the Mercs undefeated here with just two weeks to go on the season."

"Yeah, they go to eight and oh now, tying their franchise winning streak record set just last year."

"Swept the season series against both their biggest rivals, the Pirates..."

"Still hate those guys."

"...and the Strugglers."

"And now just a week after clinching a post season berth, they win the Commissioner's Trophy as well, also for the second year in a row."

"Notice how none of them would even acknowledge it this time, much less touch it?"

"Hey, they have lost back to back Galactic Cup titles, I think that trophy is the only one on their minds this year."

"Well they will get their shot as they are obviously headed back to the playoffs again, though this time it will be a weird one as they will face the Gangbusters in back to back to back weeks here as they face them in a home and home series to finish out the regular season and then play again in the playoffs as the Gangbusters also clinched a post season berth, their first since relocation."

"That's pretty much uncharted waters there for both teams, can't imagine that winning all three of those is an option for either team though."

"To be fair, the college game did it first with the new KMI and ICB rivalry..."

"Yeah, my money is on KMI there as ICB won the previous two games, winning the third is going to be tough for them."

"Back to the ELL though..."

"Yeah?"

"Heard something interesting on the BBC..."

"You watch the BBC?"

"I keep it on in the background when I do my workout..."

"You work out?"

"...mostly to see what crazy thing Horst Penn will say next."

"OK, yeah I get that."

"And he actually mentioned something really interesting."

"Oh do tell."

"Only one team in the modern league has ever gone undefeated..."

"Oh wow."

"...and that was the 258 Mariners team who finished the season at seven and oh."

"They had a shorter season back then that's right."

"They won their first playoff match up to go to eight wins but then Mon Cal lost to the Patriots..."

"Of course, shabla Bill Belichick."

"...in the Galactic Cup finals to finish their regular and post season at eight and one."

"Oh... wow. Horst said all that? I didn't even know that!"

"Like in one coherent statement?"

"It was surreal, but there's more. He pointed out then that this means the Mercs have set the record for consecutive wins to start a season..."

"Not bad."

"...as well as tied the record for overall ELL wins in a row regular and post season combined."

"That's...wow. That's impressive."

"What the Mercs accomplishments or that Horst said all that?"

"YES!"

TAG: @Vehn

OOC: Many thanks to @Trieste who pointed out all of the information attributed to Horst Penn here.

Vehn, jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  9. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"First round of the college boloball playoffs is done and oh boy was it a good one..."

"Oh start at the top, start at the top."

"Ugh yeah, let's get this over with."

"And at the top, number 16 Sundari School of Interstellar Relations stunned number one The Ord Sabaok University 23 to 22 in the Sweetner Bowl..."

"Just had to hold off a few more seconds and they couldn't..."

"... with a late go ahead goal in just their first ever post season appearance."

"Oh you just had to rub it in didn't you?"

"Are you kidding?" Randy asked mischievously. "You're getting off light with us. Remember where we are..."

"oh..."

"...and just wait until the callers start ragging on you."

"Oh shab."

"They are never going to forget this one."

"Meanwhile number two Royal College of Hapes were on their own upset alert in the Nylonite Bowl though their defense stood firm at the end as they downed number 15 University of Kuat 21 to 19."

"I hate you guys."

"Number three UB Cape Suzette had no troubles defeating number 14 Capital University 24 to 15 in the Jogan Bowl..."

"Blue Birds looked almost bored there defeating a team just happy to make the playoffs for the first time."

"In the Republic Bowl, number four University of Tatooine, Anchorhead looked equally as dominant in defeating number 13 University of Agamar 25 to 20..."

"Agamar made a late run to make the score look a little more respectable, but UTA had that one locked down from the opening kick."

"And third time was the charm for number 12 Keldabe Military institute who finally defeated number five Imperial College of Bastion 27 to 23 in double overtime..."

"Lost to them to close out the regular season."

"Game was tied at the end of regulation at 20 all..."

"Lost to them in the SEC title game..."

"...while each team managed two in the first overtime..."

"...but beat them when it really counted."

"...while the Warriors held ICB to just a single point in the second overtime while putting up five of their own for the win in the Papa Palpatine Bowl."

"Have to think the Gangbusters and Mercs were watching that one closely."

"Yeah hard enough to win back to back games against an opponent, different games and all but three in a row would be nearly impossible so expect the Mercs to take a loss somewhere in there."

"You're just endearing yourself more and more to our listeners here today aren't you?"

"The Incom Bowl wasn't nearly as dramatic though it did feature an upset as number 11 Chandrila A&M University took down number six Tipoca City College, Kamino 24 to 19."

"Cloners just didn't have enough there."

"The Bank of the Core Bowl saw another upset as number 10 Geonosis Central College destroyed number seven Coruscant Polytechnic Institute 29 to 12..."

"And looked good doing it."

"While number eight University of Tatooine held off number nine Wookiee Forrest Institute 24 to 19 in the SoroSuub Bowl."

"Means just two of the Enduring Eight come from non Power Five conferences..."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

300 GCAA College BoloBall Champiosnhip Playoffs: The Enduring Eight

• Mining Guild Bowl: #16 Sundari School of Interstellar Relations vs. #8 University of Tatooine
    • Sienar Bowl: #2 Royal College of Hapes vs. #10 Geonosis Central College
    • Skimmer Ade Bowl: #3 UB Cape Suzette vs. #11 Chandrila A&M University
    • Dos Iziz Bowl: #4 University of Tatooine, Anchorhead vs. #12 Keldabe Military Institute (Mandalore)

Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

BBC Headlines

• In Jogan Bowl postgame interviews, Rorie McLita (Forward), Mahgan Morzza (Midfielder), and Gerald Riviera (Defender) announce they will enter the 301 ELL Draft.
    • All three players have been on the 299, 300, and 301 Bak10 champion UBCS Blue Birds team.
    • UBCS head coach Alana Kirt: "I'll be honest: the head coach in me is going to miss having those three on the roster. The Blue Bird in me couldn't be happier. I look forward to seeing them rock it on Primeday."
    • If selected, Morzza would be the first Kurtzen to play in the Elite League in over a century.
    TAG: None, but draftees are welcome any time!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    Bardan_Jusik and Runjedirun like this.
  11. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC Lucie Vigo

Ty loved defensive match-ups. Last week’s game on Rydonni Prime had kept him fresh in my mind all week. I thought of him the entire game, every time a shot was blocked or the offense got nowhere. I’d glance at the scoreboard realize no team had scored a goal yet, not even three points total and I’d look up and I just knew Ty was watching. In the end the Starkillers finally got a third bar point and that lowly three points was enough for us to win.

When I got home so late that night it was technically the next morning, Geoff was waiting up. I tried to be happy to see him. Really, I just wanted to go to bed and be alone. All I could think about was Ty. It had been 5 years since he passed. Sometimes it still felt fresh. When we got in bed together and Geoff reached over to touch my leg, I flinched. “I’m sorry.”

“What’s wrong?” He asked.

“It’s just, well I keep thinking about Ty.” I admit.

“He would have loved the game today,” Geoff says as he scoots back over to his side of the bed. “I understand.”

“You do?” I ask.

“Lucie, Ty was special to me too. He was like a kid brother to me. I’m glad his memory lives inside you so strong. I’ll be here for you no matter what. We’ve talked about this before.”

We had, I just, well, it’s 2 in the morning. I can’t think rationally right now. “Thanks for understanding.” I say before I close my eyes and concentrate on what I need at the moment. Sweet sleep.

The great thing about my job on the dance team is I can sleep until noon. I wake to the smell of Geoff’s cooking. Ty didn’t cook much. Geoff lived alone most of his life, so he learned to take care of himself. I take a quick shower and head into the kitchen. “Afternoon beautiful,” Geoff says.

“Afternoon,” I say. I don’t think he’s taking a dig at me for sleeping so late. It wouldn’t bother me if he was anyway. I grab a plate and fill it with the potatoes he’s been frying. Then I pour myself some caf and take a seat at the breakfast bar. “I still can’t believe that game,” I say. “No one scored a goal and somehow I my stomach was in knots for the whole 60 minutes.”

“What’s important is the Starkillers won,” Geoff points out. “Not what those analysts on HSN are saying,” he says pointing at the holo.

“Oh, and what are they saying?” I ask just before I stuff a forkful of potatoes in my mouth. They are seasoned with a little more salt than I’d like, but I don’t say anything.

“The usual,” Geoff says. “Starkillers are likely to get blown out against Coruscant and allow the Miners to take their play-off spot.”

“It could happen,” I say as I scrape so salt of my next bite of potatoes with my fork. “I really hope it doesn’t though.”

“I booked my flight and hotel,” Geoff says. “I’m taking Josef with me because Ezra wants to sit with friends from University.”

It’s a busy week for the dance team. Our first rehearsal is this very evening. After my meal I watch some dance routines and try to get some song ideas for the team. I may be old, but I still have good ideas.

Despite the hectiness, and business of the week it drags. Partially because the upcoming game means so much to the team. Partially because I’m going to see Ezra. Partially because a little bit of me is exhausted and needs the break of the upcoming end of the season. I hope that isn’t two weeks from now, but if it is I have to admit a little bit of me will be relieved.

Saturday morning Geoff and I are both packed. He goes to one spaceport for a commercial flight, while I head to another for the Starkillers private flight. When we get to Coruscant Ezra is there as promised. He gives me a hug. He’s about a foot taller than me now. Unbelievable. “You look beautiful, Mom.” He says.

“Looking handsome yourself,” I say back. We look at each other for a few minutes. I think we both want to mention his father, but we don’t.

“I know the perfect spot for lunch,” Ezra says.

“Sounds great, why don’t you text the address to Geoff so he can meet us there.”

“I already did.”

After lunch I check into my room and make plans for dinner with the dance team. It’s fun walking the streets and peeking into the shops with such young women. I can see in their eyes how much they wish they could afford the treasures. “Hey,” I say spotting a nice handbag store. “Why don’t we take a look in here?”

Some of the girls file right in, others hesitate knowing they couldn’t afford anything in this type of store. “Come on,” I say waving them in. I gather the whole team as close to me as I can. “Look I’ve enjoyed being on this team so much this season I want to do something for you all. I want to buy you each a hand bag. Any one you chose,” I assure them. The girls are ecstatic.

There are two male members of the dance team. I tell them I can just give them credits if they want to shop elsewhere. One of them tells me he wants to buy a handbag for his girlfriend and the other admits he wouldn’t mind having a bag for himself. I won’t tell you what the final bill was, but I should probably keep my charity work to buying food for the homeless in the future. It wasn’t cheap!

Next up is sleep at the hotel, breakfast, last minute rehearsal, lunch and finally the game. The blue and orange sequins and stars on my uniform twinkle under the artificial lighting. I hear the roar of the crowd as the home team takes the field. Let’s go spoil their mood, let’s go get a win.

Tag: @Jedi Gunny

Trieste likes this.
  12. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    IC Arkos Tathin
    Carratos

"Boo" the calls of the Pirates faithful call out at Canistia and Slim dancing over the grave of the Pirates' playoff hopes. That would likely put both those players in the fan's bad books, along with Kopi, the entire Mercs roster, and anyone from Coruscant. Not a place one likes to be, but it seemed the two players didn't care and all, and good on them. They're going to the playoffs for the first time since their move. It was just disappointing that it had to come at the expense of the Pirates' streak. They were still playing next week but, it was only for pide, only for the sake of playing the game.

A few players walked in, their faces long and haggard. Arkos put two bottles on the bar, they needed them. Zara came close grabbing them.

"Hey," Arkos said getting her attention. "You want to hang out some time?"

"Sure...not like I got much else going on."

"Maybe I can take your mind off it...for a bit." She turned away with a slight smile. "Bring your nerfhide jacket." He said causing her brow to arch a little. "Trust me."

It was the next day and Zara showed up wearing the jacket, walking into the parking lot behind the Stacked Deck She found Arkos leaning against his speederbike in his dark nerfhide riding outfit.

"Oh good you remembered." He smiled turning around and grabbing a helmet that rested on the back of the bike. "Here put this on."

"Why?"

"Oh come on, I'm not exactly being subtle here." He gave a toothy grin. She looked at the bike then back to him.

"You serious?"

"I find when I need to unwind a nice ride helps."

"Um…" She looked at the bike again her heart beating just a little faster. "I uh…"

"Don't worry. It'll be fine, fun even." Another smile as he swung his leg over the chassis and held out a hand to her. "I'll take it easy at the start." Carefully she took his hand and stepped up on the seat looking down to find where to put her feet. After getting situated he pulled on his helmet and she did the same. "Hey there." His voice echoed in the snug confides of her helmet. "They have paired comms so we can communicate when I'm flying."

"Is that safe?"

"Did it all the time back in my service, had to relay information often on the run." He started the engine and her whole body hummed with the sensation of power. He revved the engine a little letting her hear the whine of the repulsors and the drive. Slowly he pushed them back then moved forward. Feeling a little unsteady she wrapped her arms around him and he smirked feeling her pressed against him.

He moved slowly at first, not going at full speed taking a few slow turns getting used to another body on the back of his machine. He felt the way it shifted what the balance was like, making small adjustments. Then heading out onto the road he hit the throttle feeling her wrap her arms tightly around him. Another smirk came to his lips as he felt her helmeted head rest on his back.

"This is what you wanted wasn't it?" She asked, giving him a squeeze. "Me all cuddled up behind you."

"Me, take advantage of a small space that forces us together for the sake of our safety. No, I'd never…" He said with mock disgust before taking a turn a little hard starting from the outside cutting in then exiting to the outside. She held onto him tighter. "No, I wouldn't do that." She could hear the smile in his voice.

Behind him he could feel her start to relax, well as much as one can when on the back of a moving speederbike. At a stop light he felt her slip her hands into the pockets of his jacket. Her fingers dug into his sides through the thin lining of his jacket and his shirt.

"Hands cold?" He asked as the light turned letting him continue on.

"A little." She said squeezing him again. "They're warm now."

"Good." he said before gunning the throttle and taking off down the street, the sound of the engine echoing off the buildings around them. She tensed up a little more as he dove between two trucks then on the other side of them blowing past them with a flourish. A smile chuckled rose from his throat. "You ok back there."

"Oh I'm fine...totally fine." She said her head still pressed against him, her fingers digging into his stomach.

He kept up his speed not going for dangerous maneuvers but letting her feel the power of the machine watch the city fly past them as they made their way to the outskirts. As they moved she became more relaxed again. He didn't try to scare her, or pull another stunt. To be honest he was just enjoying her behind him, her warmth, her presence. It was everything her could have wanted. He flew around the corners of the slight bluffs on the outside of O'Pahz, the metal jungle faded away replaced with rolling hills and some small copse of trees. She hadn't been out here in a while and never seen it on the back of a bike. She gave him a squeeze, not one of fear but of comfort, of security. As they reached the top of a hill he pulled off the road turning off the engine and hopped off.

Pulling off his helmet she followed suit.

"We taking a break?" She inquired turning to sit sideways on the back.

"I figured you wouldn't get much of a view from back there." Her eyes were drawn to the view of the city the sun going down over the hills behind him the lights of the city starting to come on slowly.

"Wow…"

"Yeah." He slipped his hand into hers intertwining his fingers with hers. "Though it could take your mind off things."

"Hum…" She laughed a little. "You just replaced pain of losing a game with the fear of losing my life."

"Oh come on, it was one time…"

"Still more times than I would have liked."

"Alright, alright. I won't do anything crazy on the way back…" He joined her on the back of the bike caressing the back on her head and pulling her into a kiss.

"We heading out soon?" She said pulling away from him.

"Not just yet. You haven't seen the city at night, until you've seen it from the back of a speeder bike…" He leaned in and captured her lips again. "I intend to show you…"

TAG: @The Jedi in the Pumas

13. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus potential for Bakura, Carratos, Geonosis, Mando'ade, and Ralltiir. (As usual, these are the only games anyone cares about today. This is a fact.)

300 Week 9 Results
    Geonosis Gangbusters at Mando’ade Mercs (14-32)
    Carratos Pirates at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers (26-8)
    Coruscant Senators at Ralltiir Starkillers (0-34)
    Bakura Miners at Rydonni Prime Monarchs (23-6)

HSN Headlines
    • Ralltiir Starkillers secure playoff spot.
      • Ralltiir will win a head-to-head tie with Bakura on point differential (+29) and likely win a three-way tie with Bakura and Coruscant with their superior point differential (+62 with one game to go).
      • Ralltiir will host Solo Conference Championship Game with a win or a loss to Coruscant by a margin of less than 33 points).
    • Rydonni Prime Monarchs will draft first in 301 ELL Draft if they choose to participate.
    • Coruscant Senators will secure playoff spot with a win or a Bakura loss.
    • Bakura Miners will secure a playoff spot with a win and a Coruscant loss.
    • Mando'ade Mercs set ELL record for consecutive wins to start a season.
      • Mercs can become the second team to go undefeated in the regular season.
    • Rydonni Prime Monarchs will have first overall draft pick in 301 ELL Draft if they participate.
    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 @jcgoble3 @Jedi Gunny @Runjedirun @SWNerd11 @The Jedi in the Pumas

Vehn and The Jedi in the Pumas like this.
  14. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for: Tatooine (28), Cloud City (28), Concordia (28) and Atzerri (28)

Skimmer Ade League Nine Results
    Kamino Waves @ Concordia Crusaders (23-24)
    Atzerri Bandits @ Druckenwell Marksmen (13-13) OT (16-13)
    Thyferra Force @ Tatooine Sandskimmers (13-10)
    Cloud City Sky Captains @ Cantonica Golden Knights (13-3)

Tags: @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 @Vehn @Jedi Gunny @Trieste @SWNerd11

Trieste likes this.
  15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Thanks to the eagle eye of @Bardan_Jusik, an error in the standings had been corrected. Coruscant was erronenously awarded a non-conference loss where they should have received a win. The standings have been updated and that means:

HSN Headlines
    • HSN retracts its projections related to the Solo Conference playoff picture.
    • No Solo Conference team has secured a playoff spot.
    • Winner of Ralltiir Starkillers/Coruscant Senators game will secure a playoff spot.
    • Bakura Miners secure a playoff spot with a win.
    BBC Headlines
    • Horst Penn on the playoffs: "This is super duper weird. How can the Miners control their own destiny? Well I did the math."
      • "OK, I didn't do the math. Quill did the math and explained it to me."
    • "So if the Miners win, they go to 6-4 and 4-2 in the conference. Cool."
    • "Because the Senators and Starkillers play each other, one of them has to lose."
      • "If the Senators lose, they go to 6-4 and 3-3 in the conference. Miners win on conference record."
      • "If the Starkillers lose, they go to 5-5 and 4-2 in the conference. Miners win on overall record."
      • "Amazing, even though the Miners are just terrible--and I mean like trash compactor water bad--on point differential with both the Senators and the Starkillers, that won't come into play."
    • "It's all moot if the Miners can't pull it out against the Monarchs. Of course, Vesper Lynd likes nothing more than crushing the playoff hopes of the Miners. That's pretty much a direct quote from the last time I saw her at our family limmie game, by the way."
    TAG: @Jedi Gunny @Runjedirun @SWNerd11 sincere apologies for the correction...but it sets up a heck of a final week!

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    The Grande Villa, Ryell, Rydonni Prime

Truth be told, Artemis liked this part of the job best.

Standing on the sidelines with only a few dozen beings in sight, the Grande Villa was peaceful. The fans hadn’t arrived, the players were going through their pregame routines before dressing for practice, no pump-up music was playing, no vendors were hawking food, drink, and merchandise. It was a special moment, one that few beings ever got to see. The calm before the storm. For these precious minutes even an ELL pitch was no different than a neighborhood park.

It was just a big green field.

Artemis breathed in through her nose and out through her mouth, the way her coaches at Keeling had taught them for optimum oxygen exchange. That fresh grass smell was just the best.

But there was work to be done. Namely, pouring massive amounts of SkimmerAde into strategically placed coolers. At the start of the season, Artemis had volunteered to take this duty. “I’ve got the guns from all the home runs I hit in lightball,” she’d told Lyndsey and June, flexing her arms to show them off (even if there wasn’t too much definition to them). She lugged two one-gallon SkimmerAde bottles, one over each shoulder, and headed for one of the coolers.

“Hey, it’s covered,” one of the field techs called to Artemis. “You’re good.”

“Huh?”

“Somebody filled ‘em for you.”

Artemis put her bottles down with a heavy thunk. She knew she shouldn’t be, but she was kind of annoyed by this random act of kindness. She liked knowing what flavor was where. It made it easier when things were moving fast during the game to be able to make a beeline for the red SkimmerAde that Harle Quinn preferred. Having someone else do it for her meant she was just going to have to check all the coolers to see what was where. She didn’t have to do it, but it was one of the downsides of wanting to do a good job.

She unscrewed the lid from the five-gallon cooler to look inside. This one was orange—but Artemis did a doubletake as she started to put the cover back on.

“What the heck?” she asked as she craned her neck to look into the cooler.

Stuck to the inside wall was a device of some sort, right above the waterline. Artemis had cleaned the insides of enough of these things to know that wasn’t supposed to be there. She reached inside and tugged it off and turned it over in her hand.

“I’ve got a bad feeling about this…” Artemis mumbled.

She looked up and used her twintuition senses to locate Lyndsey. She was carrying caddies of bottles out from the visitor’s equipment room. Artemis rushed over.

“Lyndz, look at this,” she said, keeping her voice down. “Do you think it’s…”

“BB?” Lyndsey finished, their code for the Boloball Bandit. “Where’d you find it?”

“Inside one of the coolers.” Artemis turned it over in her hand. She discovered an inscription, some kind of technical jargon. “You have any idea what this means?”

Lyndsey took out her datapad. She wasn’t supposed to have it during a game…but the game hadn’t started yet so technically she wasn’t breaking any rules. Her thumbs deftly copied the words into the HoloNet search field. “Magnesium sulfate, potassium sulfate, sodium sulfate. Lots of sulfates…what could they possibly—ewwwwwwww!

“What?” Artemis demanded.

Lyndsey held her datapad so Artemis could see.

Artemis nearly dropped the device in surprise. “Laxative?!” she almost shouted, controlling herself at the last moment. “Lydnsey! It’s got to be BB!”

Lyndsey took a photo of the device and sent it to the Mandalorian with a brief accompanying message explaining their hypothesis. The response was almost immediate.

Time-activated setup. Hasn’t gone off yet. OMW. Suit up

“Let’s go!” Artemis said, itching to get into her beskar’gaam.

“Wait!” Lyndsey grabbed Artemis’s arm before she could run off. “We need to check the other coolers first. We can’t have them going off.”

“They’re probably set to go after the game starts. Maximum chaos that way,” Artemis argued. “We can’t let BB get away!”

“It’ll only take a second,” Lyndsey said. “You do the rest here and I’ll check the Monarchs’. I bet they did both.”

Artemis acquiesced. “Run fast. Then meet you-know-where.”

Lyndsey had been nervous when she’d run across the field. She was sure stadium security or someone on the Monarchs sideline was going to tackle her for daring to come within 10 meters of their bench. However, it was still so early that there’d only been the Monarchs’ hydration specialists. Lyndsey had thought quickly and said she just wanted to see what flavors of SkimmerAde they used and the Rydonnians said she was welcome to check. There was a sense of collegiality between the gameday staff.

Sure enough, Lyndsey found the same devices in the Monarchs’ coolers. She confirmed that they looked the same as the one she’d sent to the Mandalorian. There was a chance that the existing SkimmerAde was already tainted and should be dumped…but then why go through the effort of putting in the time-release devices?

As she pitched the last one into the trash, Lyndsey turned to rush back to the Miners’ sideline when she felt something push into her back.

“Let’s not make a scene.”

It was the cold nozzle of a blaster.

Inside the equipment room, Artemis had everything but her helmet on. The Mandalorian was on her way from her nearby stakeout (how she was going to get inside the Grande Villa was a mystery, but she must have a plan). Lyndsey and Artemis needed to figure out who the Boloball Bandit was. Maybe Lyndsey would have an idea how to do that.

Wait. Lyndsey. Where was she?

Artemis hammered the button for the door and stuck just her head out in the hopes that no one would see her beskar’gaam. She didn’t see Lyndsey coming in from the field. She should have been here by now. Artemis got a sinking feeling.

Somebody was coming her way though.

“June!” Artemis called. “Have you seen Lyndsey?”

“I thought she was with you. Practice is going to start in five and you two are slacking off,” June said unhappily.

This wasn’t good. “June, can you cover for us? We’ll be back stat. Just have to take care of something.”

Even with the distance between them, Artemis could see June rolling her eyes. “Seriously? You’re just going to abandon me?”

“Please?” Artemis pleaded. “It’s really important.”

June sighed and threw up her hands. “Fine. Whatever.”

“Thank you, June!” Artemis said brightly. “I’ll explain later! You’re the best!” She didn’t know what that explanation was going to be. She was sure it wasn’t going to be, My sister and I are moonlighting as bounty hunters and Lyndsey was maybe-kinda-probably-definitely in trouble and I had to save her.

Artemis ducked back into the equipment room to pull her helmet on. Now hopefully Lyndsey still had her datapad on her…

The Boloball Bandit slammed Lyndsey’s datapad against the permacrete wall of the corridor from the field before tossing it in a trash bin. “Don’t you know the Republic spies on you with those things?”

He continued to march Lyndsey at blasterpoint down the corridor. Every step away from the field put her in greater danger. “How about we just forget this ever happened?” Lyndsey tried. She had no intention of doing that, but without her beskar’gaam or any backup words were her best option.

“Yeah, and I’m Commissioner of the Elite League,” the Bandit said.

Lyndsey hadn’t gotten a good look at him yet. She wasn’t sure what species he was, just that he was a male. It didn’t sound like Lokensgaard, but maybe he was more of a trickster than she realized.

“So what’s your big plan?” Lyndsey asked.

“Clearly you’ve already figured it out. I can’t believe it. Teenagers actually being good at their job rather than wasting time on social media. Of all the things. What’s the galaxy coming to?”

“Not that part. I mean right now. How do you think this is going to go?”

“Don’t worry. Rule #1: always have an emergency plan.”

“That’s not Rule #1,” a new voice said.

Lyndsey and the Boloball Bandit turned their heads towards the new voice.

Clad in her gold beskar’gaam, Artemis knew she looked good as she pointed her gauntlet launcher towards Lyndsey and the Boloball Bandit. She’d sprinted through the back halls of the Grande Villa towards the last place Lyndsey’s datapad had pinged. Why no one had tried to stop her was beyond herself, but maybe shouting, “Bounty hunter emergency!” as she’d passed beings had done the trick.

She was panting from the run, but she was focused. Her blaster was still in its holster. Even before she’d gotten their attention, Lyndsey was too close to the Bandit for Artemis to risk a blaster bolt. A stun circle was too inaccurate at that distance. As she’d expected would happen, the Boloball Bandit was now using Lyndsey as a shield.

Lyndsey and Artemis looked at each other and shared the most important silent twintuition conversation of their lives.

“Artemis!”
    “Lyndsey!”
    “Thank the Maker you’re here.”
    “What happened?”
    “It’s the Boloball Bandit!”
    “Duh!”
    “He’s got a blaster in my back.”
    “Can you knee him in the crotch and run away?”
    “Not before he could fire.”
    “Are there any accomplices?”
    “Not that I’ve seen.”
    “OK I’ve got a plan.”
    “Is it a really good plan?”
    “It’s like an 80% plan.”
    “80%! Artemis! He’s got a blaster!”
    “Those are good odds!”
    “That’s a B-, Artemis!”
    “It’s still a passing grade! Do you trust me?”
    “Of course.”
    “Then I got this.”

“Oh you’ve got to be kidding me,” the Boloball Bandit said. He was a Human male, probably in his late 40s or so. It was hard to tell. He seemed to be in good shape and had a certain vitality in his appearance. “A Mandalorian? On Rydonni Prime? I thought they hated Mandalorians here.”

“Pretty sure it’s just the Mercs they don’t like,” Artemis said.

“I mean they have been annoyingly winning a lot,” Lyndsey said.

The Bandit did something that caused Lyndsey to stiffen up. If Artemis had to guess, it was probably ram his blaster into her back. “Enough of that from you,” the Bandit said. “And you—” This to Artemis. “—I don’t think anybody wants to have to explain how this fine, upstanding citizen came to such an untimely end. She’s got her whole life ahead of her.”

“Unlike you,” Artemis said. “Whoever you are.”

The Boloball Bandit’s face suddenly flashed with anger. “This. This is why I’ve done it all.”

“I don’t follow—sir.” Lyndsey followed the last bit hastily so as not to further antagonize her captor.

“This is what limmie does. It takes the best years of your life and then when some GM who’s never set foot on a field thinks you’re over the hill, they let you go or trade you to some armpit of the galaxy to dump your salary,” the Bandit raged. “Guess they should have paid a little more attention.”

“Look, dude, let’s just be cool,” Artemis said. “Don’t make me use this.” She motioned with her gauntlet.

The Bandit scoffed. “What? You’re going to use that flamethrower and burn this innocent girl to a crisp?”

“I’m a woman, thank you very much,” Lyndsey said, offended despite the peril she was in.

Before anyone could say anything else, Artemis punched her whipcord thrower. It kicked and the cord flew to one side, wrapping not around Lyndsey or her attacker, but a pipe running along the ceiling of the corridor. The Bandit looked at it, amused.

“Maybe if you knew how to aim that thing that would have worked,” he said, looking back to Artemis with a smile.

“Who said I missed?” Artemis retorted.

With both arms Artemis yanked with all her might. Maybe it was all the years she’d spent swinging a bat, maybe it was sororal affection, or maybe it was a gameday magic. Whatever the reason, the pipe broke loose at a juncture and Artemis’s pull pointed its outpouring of steam right at the Boloball Bandit’s face. Lyndsey could feel its heat on the back of her head. It wasn’t scalding, but it was enough to distract the Bandit long enough for her to break from his grasp. She headed for the cover of a crate. The Bandit recovered as the steam dissipated. He fired a shot at Artemis and it pinged off her beskar’gaam and into the permacrete.

Realizing that was going to be fruitless, he rushed to recapture Lyndsey.

“No!” Artemis cried. She detached the whipcord and went to draw her blaster.

The sound of a stun circle rippled through the corridor. It caught the Boloball Bandit in the side and her fell to the hard ground. Standing there was the Mandalorian with her rifle at the ready.

“Rule #1: incapacitate the bounty as soon as practical,” the Mandalorian said.

“Well I wasn’t going to tell him that!” Artemis said, putting her hands on her hips.

Artemis and Lyndsey had rushed to the Miners’ sideline. “I’ve got this. You’ve got a game. Go,” the Mandalorian had said. Unspoken was that they’d connect later.

The twins were in such a hurry they barely talked about what had happened, even when they got Artemis out of her beskar’gaam. They didn’t need a twintuition conversation to jointly decide they’d unpack everything later.

“I hope whatever you two were up to it was worth it,” June said crossly as she blew by them on the sideline. “Some of us have been working.”

Artemis and Lyndsey just shared a look. “Just doing the best job ever!” Artemis called happily after June.

They’d had more than a full day already and the game hadn’t even started. When the shuttle left that night, they’d crash into their bunks on the shuttle. As crazy as today had been, as much as they had questions after everything that had happened in the bowels of the Grande Villa, they both knew it was nothing compared to what was coming next.

Truce Day, with the playoffs on the line.

It was about to get crazy.

TAG: @SWNerd11

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a so shabla cold I'm freezing my shebs off Victory afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz over on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

"I know it gets old me saying it, but another week, another win."

"No, that never gets old."

"You're right, it doesn't."

"Especially as this win, a 32 to 14 dominating performance over the Geonosis Gangbusters now puts the Mercs at nine and oh on the season, setting a new ELL record for consecutive wins to start a season and next week, at Geonosis, they go for the undefeated season, it would be only the second in ELL history."

"Huge win and a huge week coming up for the Mercs, and it feels like a playoff atmosphere surrounding the team already..."

"And a huge day for us..."

"...The pressure of the streak, the media attention, Mercs have basically been playing playoff limmie for the last few weeks now."

"...as we will have live on the show Mercs General Manager Villy Pitt to discuss this team, their playoff chances and of course this amazing streak..."

roughly one hour later

"So yeah I think the Blue Birds are done..."

"Not going to make many of our listeners out on Bakura, and I know we have some, very happy with that..."

"Sure, sure."

"...but we have to pivot away from the college game now as we have a special guest here with us to talk ELL."

"Hey Villy."

"Hey Justin."

"Mercs GM Villy Pitt, who also just so happens to be Justin's cousin."

"How's your mom?" Villy asked politely, but without any real emotion.

"Great, she's great, how's uncle..." Jsutin never got to finish as Villy answered quickly.

"Fine, he's fine."

"Well Mr. Pitt..."

"Villy is fine, wouldn't want your listeners getting confused."

"That's why Bardan color codes everything!"

"OK, great thanks, Villy. Just have to say first off, congratulations..."

"For what?"

"A heck of a first year!"

"Kind of premature, year isn't over yet."

"No, no it's not...but man, playoff bound."

"Our expectation is always to get back to the playoffs."

"Right, right, but franchise record in wins, ELL records for consecutive wins to start a season and a chance to go undefeated!"

"Yeah, and?"

"Those are major accomplishments."

"If you say so."

"I do, and think pretty much every fan out there agrees."

"That's great for them, but to me those records don't mean anything."

"Anything?"

"Not a thing."

"Nothing?" Justin finally chimed in.

"Nope."

"But it's an ELL record, one that...I mean come on, this one might not ever be broken."

"Nah Cleveland will break it in like 15 years."

"You know Pete..."

"Who is that?"

"Pete?"

'Yeah, never heard of him."

"Didn't you ever watch the movie?"

"Pete's my assistant GM, he doesn't get a lot of time in front of the press."

"Sure, sure."

"Pete says the same thing, 'it's the record' and I always give him the same answer I am going to give you."

"OK, I'd love to hear it..."

"Me too, because I don't get this at all."

"Unless you win the last game of the season, none of it matters."

'"Well yeah, winning that last game here makes for an undefeated..."

"No, not the last regular season game, the last game."

."Oh" understanding dawned on Justin even as Villy explained further.

"The Galactic Cup finals. Unless you have that Cup in your hands at the end of the season, the season is a loss, meaningless."

"Well, but the record..."

"People don't remember records."

"Sure they do..."

"Then why do we have to look them up?"

"Well..."

"Did any of you know about the 259 Mariners..."

"258."

"...and their..." Villy paused for a moment. "See, I didn't even remember."

"Good one."

"But before someone..."

"@Trieste"

"... went through the history books and brought forth that little nugget of information, did anyone remember that team went undefeated in the regular season?"

"Well..."

"No, they didn't and you know why?"

"Have a feeling you are going to tell us anyway."

"Because it meant nothing, they lost the finals."

"Yeah..."

"No one remembers osik like a winning streak, to really be remembered you need to have your name engraved on that Cup, end of story."

"OK, but the fans..."

"The fans, they love it, that's great. My job isn't to please the fans, it's to build a winner..."

"Well you have."

"You still don't get it..."

"ummm."

"We haven't won anything yet."

TAG: @The Jedi in the Pumas

OOC: This all inspired by the film Moneyball.

18. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"The college boloball championship tournament is down to the Fantastic Four now, and wow what a foursome it is..."

"Never seen this before."

"But first, let's see how they got there!"

"The journey was as crazy as the result!"

"Let's start with the Mining Guild Bowl where number 16 Sundari School of Interstellar Relations danced their last dance in losing to number eight University of Tatooine 17 to 16..."

"UT did what the StarBucks couldn't, kept the Duchesses from scoring in the last minute to hold on to the win..."

"Don't remind me."

"Oh we will never stop reminding you."

"Still it's too bad because a win there would have set up an epic Beskar Bowl..."

"By the manda you're right..."

"UT will face the Warriors of KMI after number 12 Keldabe Military Institute defeated number four University of Tatooine, Anchorhead 24 to 17 in the Dos Iziz Bowl."

"Had a chance to take on their on world..."

"And philosophical."

"...rivals in the Beskar Bowl of all places, but now will have to settle for facing a Tatooine based school for the second week in a row."

"In what amounts to a home game!"

"The scores are random, there is no such thing as home field advantage!"

"Of course the other end of the bracket is just as historic as it took overtime for number two Royal College of Hapes to defeat number 10 Geonosis Central College 25 to 21 in the Sienar Bowl after the two had been knotted up at 20 at the end of regulation."

"Danys Dragonstorm really took over there in the OT and never allowed GCC to set up their offense resulting in them scoring just the one point."

"She'll be a force to be reckoned with going pro next season."

"That set's up a Carnation Bowl for the ages against number three UB Cape Suzette as the Blue Birds dispatched number 11 Chandrila A&M University 29 to 25 in the Skimmer Ade Bowl..."

"Lancaster twins for the Aggies looked like they weren't going to forget that defat easily."

"Which of course means that both of the fantastic Four matches are essentially home games for one of the..."

"I told you, the scores are random!"

"...which should provide a huge boost..."

"Home field doesn't matter!"

"...and a lot of controversy should either..."

"Or both."

"Win these games."

"It like no one hears me."

300 GCAA College BoloBall Championship Playoffs: The Fantastic Four

• Beskar Bowl, presented by MandalMotors: #8 University of Tatooine vs. #12 Keldabe Military Institute (Mandalore)
    • Carnation Bowl: #2 Royal College of Hapes vs. #3 UB Cape Suzette

19. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Deon Canistia
    -Gangbusters Training Facility

[​IMG]

He didn’t understand it.

They had lost. Bad. Specifically they played bad on defense... yet spirits were unusually high amongst the team.

This was due, mostly, to the Slim Brothers. The vets told them in the locker room after the game that they were a few bad plays away from beating the *still* undefeated Mercs. The Slims legitimately held the belief that they were going to be the team to ruin the Mercs perfect season. The team was starting to believe it.

Rinback was spotting Deon on bench. The Cathar was one of the strongest members of the team but safety first. Rinback could tell that Deon was the only one who had not taken the loss as motivation.

“You want to beat them, you better train like it. CMON LETS EAT!!”

Deon pressed out 5 reps of 475 before racking the way. He set up and growled at Rinback.

“It’d be a hell of a lot easier if the Mando Jerks were the ones going into this game with the loss.”

“I haven’t seen you like this before, youngin. And we loss hella games last year.”

Deon wiped his mouth with a towel. “Because we got a real chance this year. Our defense has been solid-“

“You sure it’s not because you promised to beat them and then we go out there and their offense goes nuts?”

“Okay, fine... maybe I shouldn’t have gotten into the pool with a cigar talking ****. But I was feeling myself.”

“We all were. Sometimes that trash talk can fuel the other side.”

“Yea yea.” Deon paused and laid back down on the bench for another set. He repped out 10 reps of 585 lbs with Rinback screaming “YEAAAAAA BUDDDYYYYY!!!” In his face. The trandoshan was a master motivator.

Deon exhaled hard and remained laying on the bench while Rinback upped the weight.

“Why are you so convinced we can beat those guys? You got the whole team believing it.”

“Because we can. It’s that simple... any given day any team can get beat. You should know that by now. Plus, we have a defensive monster of a cathar that, on his best day, can change the game in our favor.”

Deon laughed at the compliment.

“So you’re saying that all we need for us to win is for me to be at my best?”

“Isn’t that the truth for all of us? At our best, no one’s beating us.”

Well.... we’ll see tomorrow. Deon thought as he plotted on how to unleash the monster.

Tag: no one

Trieste, Bardan_Jusik and Runjedirun like this.
  20. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC Lucie Vigo

I made it! The regular season ends today. I realize, as I glance at the clock in my bedroom and wish for just a few more minutes of sleep. If things go well today there will be one more game. Still, I didn’t even know if I’d make it this far. My ankle had barely bothered me. The surgery all those years ago was still holding strong. I pull back the covers and slip out of bed. Time to finish what I started.

There’s so many flowers on the counter when I go to make my caf. Geoff is sitting quietly on the sofa in the living room. Almost trying to hide behind his data pad. It’s as if he’s embarrassed he got me something. 60 year old men can be cute, despite everything you read. “Oh, thank you!” I say as I admire the first bouquet. I’d totally forgotten, it’s Valentine’s Day.

I realize the first Bouquet is from Ezra. There’s also one from TJ and Anna. Finally, the largest one says, “To my Wife.” Geoff scribbled his own personal note. It’s hard to read his writing, but the words mean more than any flowers ever could. I look around trying to decide where to place all these flowers, when I realize I haven’t had my caf yet. First things first.

Once my caf is ready I settle in next to Geoff on the sofa. “When are you leaving for the stadium?” I ask.

“You need me there early?” He asks.

“No, silly. I was just asking a question.”

“Oh,” Geoff puts his data pad in his lap, leans forward, clasps his hands behind his back and stretches. “Probably after lunch. Ezra and I got seats in lower bowl. Which reminds me, I made us dinner reservations for tomorrow. I figured you would be too wiped out to enjoy a date tonight.”

I pick up my own data pad and glance at the time. Ugh, I need to hurry up and find some breakfast. I’ll be greeting tailgaters before lunch. There’s probably a handful of them already out there. Getting their party on. I remind myself I am lucky to have this job. But no matter how glamourous your job is, some days it’s still work.

My day is not all work of course. Richard’s marketing team has purchases millions of orange and blue flowers to give to all the ticket holders as they enter the gates. When gates open I stand in my uniform at gate F ready to hand each person their flower. The men are all over the board, some of them take the flower and say “For me?” Acting like I’d be interested and mocking flattery. Other’s pretend to be macho and act like they don’t really want a flower.

The children are my favorite. The little girls especially love the flowers. Some of the boys call them “yucky!” The ladies simply take the flowers, many immediately tie them in their hair. Us women are resourceful creatures.

There’s flowers everywhere, I realize as I take the field. Coruscant is going to think we forgot there was a Limmie game today. Perhaps wonder what our marketing team was going for. I’m beginning to wonder. Games don’t usually fall on Valentine’s Day. Maybe it’s a bigger deal to Richard than I realized. None of my business. I just work here.

Today HSN has given us a chance. After last week they have to. I hope we can prove we deserve more than just a chance. I hope next week I find myself still employed. I can sleep in on Sunday when the time is right. The time isn’t right yet.

It’s a chilly, but sunny day so the roof is open. As I walk over to take my place for player introductions I realize the butterflies aren’t just in my stomach. The flowers have attracted them to the stadium as well. Two are chasing each other around a cooler of Skimmer Ade. I take a quick moment to enjoy the beauty of nature before the battle between the Senators and the Starkillers.

Tag: @Jedi Gunny

21. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    IC Arkos Tathin
    Carratos

The season was over with two games left and no chance of reaching the playoffs this was just about pride. And the Pirates were playing like a team still in the playoff hunt. They showed no mercy never letting up and playing all out from whistle to whistle. Though it was likely just the fact that the Smugglers were one of their most hated rivals. It did show that the team from Carratos weren't dead yet. There was still some power left in them. In garbage time some of the younger players and reserves came in to see the game out.

It was a hollow victory but, it was something, a reason to celebrate. At least the rum was flowing, the fans making the most of the blowout win. Arkos himself getting in on the action downing a double of rum as the teams walked to the back. The team wouldn't be showing up tonight so no one lingered very long after getting their closing drinks. Gave a lot of time for Arkos to think, about what he wanted to do next, he could pay a visit to Zara's place...but she wouldn't be in until tomorrow morning, and he didn't know the code to get into her place.

That was a question they'd been dating for nearly a year and he already spent frequent nights at her place. Did she not trust him? Or was she not ready to give him that access? He hadn't really questioned it, though now with nothing to do and a good bit of rum in his system, he was wondering. What was it that kept her from letting him in? It was fine, he could understand, she just wasn't ready. Though his slightly addled mind was curious as to what he could do. How he could get past that, more so he could surprise her after long games.

It wouldn't be anything drastic, just a few flower petals, or just having some food ready for her. What was wrong with that? It was just a cute romantic gesture. This question was turned over and over again in his mind, her curiosity growing more and more. Was there something he needed to do? Something he needed to prove to her before she would trust him? Not that he would demand it or expect it, but from a lot of what he saw swapping codes was a major step in a relationship…

Though the question had to be asked was this even that kind of relationship?

Maybe it was time to ask it.

TAG: @Vehn

22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

In honor of the day, I'll just say in advance:

[​IMG]

Bonus potential for Bakura, Carratos, Geonosis, Mando'ade, and Ralltiir.

300 Week 10 Results
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Coruscant Senators (40-23)
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Carratos Pirates (12-16)
    Rydonni Prime Monarchs at Bakura Miners (13-25)
    Mando’ade Mercs at Geonosis Gangbusters (16-31)

Ralltiir received a max out roll and did indeed get 40 points and no more.

Final Standings
    Skywalker Conference
    1. Mando'ade Mercs [ Bardan_Jusik, Randy "the rancor"/Justin Pitt (sportscasters)] (9-1, conf. 5-1)
    2. Geonosis Gangbusters [@The Jedi in the Pumas. Deon Canistia (player)] (6-4, conf. 5-1)
    3. Carratos Pirates [ galactic-vagabond422, Arkos Tathin (team bar bartender)] (4-6, conf. 2-4)
    4. Nar Shaddaa Smugglers [Vehn, Tago Tagoraana (player)] (2-8, conf. 0-6)
    Solo Conference
    1. Ralltiir Starkillers [ Runjedirun, Lucie Vigo (not a cheerleader)] (6-4, conf. 5-1)
    2. Bakura Miners [ Trieste (Artemis & Lyndsey Cash, hydration specialists)] (6-4, conf. 4-2)
    3. Coruscant Senators [ Jedi Gunny] (6-4, conf. 3-3)
    4. Rydonni Prime Monarchs [@SWNerd11, Dorian Artys Dunross Lynd (player)] (1-9, conf. 0-6)

Galactic Cup Playoffs
    Conference Finals
    (2) Geonosis Gangbusters at (1) Mando’ade Mercs
    (2) Bakura Miners at (1) Ralltiir Starkillers

HSN Headlines
    • Skywalker Conference will host Galactic Cup Final
      • Geonosis's win in Week 4 against Ralltiir gives them the head-to-head tiebreak in a Gangbusters/Starkillers Galactic Cup matchup
    • Assuming all non-playoff teams draft in 301, first four draft picks will be, in order:
    1. Rydonni Prime Monarchs
    2. Nar Shaddaa Smugglers
    3. Carratos Pirates
    4. Coruscant Senators

Vehn and The Jedi in the Pumas like this.
  23. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Skimmer Ade League Ten Results
    Tatooine Sandskimmers @ Thyferra Force (9-2)
    Druckenwell Marksmen @ Atzerri Bandits (4-0)
    Cantonica Golden Knights @ Cloud City Sky Captains (22-5)
    Concordia Crusaders @ Kamino Waves (19-18)

Skimmer Ade League Semifinals
    (2) Concordia Cursaders @ (1) Atzerri Bandits
    (2) Tatooine Sandskimmers @ (1) Concordia Crusaders

300 Skimmer Ade League Final Standings
    Galactic Grape Flavor Conference
    Atzerri Bandits
    [Galacitc-Vagabound422] (7-3) conf 4-2
    Concordia Crusaders [Bardan_Jusik] (6-4) conf 4-2
    Druckenwell Marksmen [Vehn] (6-4) conf 3-3
    Kamino Waves (3-7) conf 2-4

Lunar Lemon Flavor Conference
    Cantonica Golden Knights
    [SWNerd11] (5-5) conf 4-2
    Tatooine Sandskimmers [Runjedirun] (5-5) conf 3-3
    Thyferra Force [Jedi Gunny] (5-5) conf 3-3
    Cloud City Sky Captains [Trieste] (4-6) conf 2-4

Tags:
    @galactic-vagabond422 @Bardan_Jusik @Vehn @SWNerd11 @Jedi Gunny @Trieste

OOC: Want pretty colors? Tell my laptop or these forums or both to cooperate and paste the things I copy in color to paste in color. I already had to change all the colors in the library thread and I have other things to do this afternoon besides make the limmie scores look pretty.

Trieste likes this.
  24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Atalanta, Bakura

“His name is Dalton Ward,” the Mandalorian said.

“Yeah…we still don’t know who he is,” Artemis pointed out.

The Cashes had gotten a message that the Wave’s Edge had come into port and the Mandalorian wanted to see them. After their last class they’d raced to the spaceport to rendezvous with her. This was the first they’d heard from her since they’d captured the still-enigmatic Boloball Bandit.

“He was a pro limmie player. Drafted by the Miners, played on their 277 championship team, eventually cut. He was signed by the Monarchs only to get traded to Nar Shaddaa, who declined to sign him to a new contract when his deal ended in 284,” the Mandalorian explained. “That’s why he targeted the Miners-Monarchs game. He was bitter against both of them. He thought they’d ditched him unfairly.”

“He did say something about being cut and traded,” Lyndsey realized.

“Ward played in the lower leagues for a while, one contract gigs. He grew bitter and, when he finally retired, he decided to mess with all those teams as revenge for what he felt was them ignoring his talent. It was the fact he was never a mainstay that prevented anyone from realizing that he was the common link between all the teams that were targeted.”

“So this whole thing was him being a crybaby because nobody thought he was the greatest limmie player of all-time?” Lyndsey asked in disbelief.

“Men are so stupid,” Artemis said.

“Pretty much,” the Mandalorian agreed. “Now that they’ve got him in custody thanks to you two, it shouldn’t be hard to link him to evidence for his crimes. At the very least he’ll be an easy conviction on Rydonni Prime. The Guild is holding him until they decide who gets first crack at him.”

“So what did it come to?” Artemis asked eagerly. “The bounties?”

The Mandalorian paused for a moment. “About that…”

“That doesn’t sound good.”

“So we had our 60-40 arrangement. That’s 60% for me, 20% for each of you,” the Mandalorian began.

“Yeah…” Lyndsey said, not liking where this was going.

“So the total, after the Guild’s cut, was 750,000 credits when—”

“750,000?!” the twins shouted in unison.

“Yes. So that’s 450,000 for me and 150,000 for each of you,” the Mandalorian said.

The twins’ eyes were as big as saucers as they fantasized about what they were going to do with all those credits.

“Except I don’t have it right now,” the Mandalorian said.

“Excuse me?” Lyndsey asked.

“Don’t tell us you lost it all in a giant sabacc game,” Artemis said.

“That would be seriously not cool!”

“It’s just not…here,” the Mandalorian said. She put up a hand. “Allow me to explain. You live in the Republic. If there’s one thing ‘civilization’ likes, it’s taxes. The fancier the government, the higher the taxes. And I did a little checking. Bakura imposes some pretty hefty planetary income taxes too. As in maybe you should rethink where you live kinds of taxes.”

The twins didn’t think this was the moment to debate the robust social services and individual protections that were part of the Bakuran political system.

“I have a plan,” the Mandalorian promised. “I’ll take care of it when I meet you on Ralltiir.”

“What if the Miners don’t win?” Lyndsey asked.

“Don’t worry,” the Mandalorian said, standing and putting a hand on the twins’ shoulders. “You’ve got this.”

Bakura Gardens, Salis D’aar, Bakura
    Truce Day

It was arguably the most important regular season game that could be played—at least if you asked a Bakuran. It had nothing to do with the playoff implications, the high stakes do-or-die nature of the game for the Miners. It had everything to do with the sense of history and patriotism that came with their national holiday. The Miners could be 0-9 and they’d still sell out the Truce Day game.

Even though Artemis and Lyndsey knew what a big deal it was to be part of the team on Truce Day (not every season had a Truce Day game, which meant plenty of their predecessors hadn’t had the honor), it all faded into the background as they put in just another day at the office. They were focused on their job and doing what they could to help the Miners to the playoffs.

They watched under the lights as the Miners doubled down on the offense they’d played last week. Leigh Cavanaugh decided she wasn’t going to overthink it. The Miners were going to win or lose playing their game. Vesper Lynd found more purchase against the Miner defense than last week, but it wasn’t enough to close the gap.

The Miners were going to defend the Galactic Cup in the playoffs—and Lyndsey and Artemis were going to be there for it.

Artemis lay on her back, looking up at the night sky as the Truce Day fireworks exploded in their brilliance. The pyrotechnics were dazzling, but Artemis was somewhere far away in her mind.

“Hey kid,” team captain Bree Veers said, reclining next to the hydration specialist, “what are you thinking about?”

“What I’m gonna do with all that money…” Artemis said dreamily.

Veers didn’t make any comment about whether it was an odd comment for a teenager. Instead she just said, “Index funds.”

That pulled Artemis out of her reverie. “Huh?”

“Index funds. They keep costs down and generally perform better than managed funds,” Veers continued as she watched the sky show.

Artemis rolled her head to the side to look at Bree. “Tell me more.”

The night was cool and Lyndsey pulled her jacket closer to keep out the chill. She’d never get the opportunity to stand on the field at Bakura Gardens—let alone to watch Truce Day fireworks—again. She was going to soak in every second she had left. Nothing would keep her from taking in this once-in-a-lifetime experience.

“Hey.”

Except that. Lyndsey’s attention was pulled from the heavens to June, standing next to her.

“Hi…”

The colors burst on June’s face like a kaleidoscope. “Harle Quinn came to my house two days ago.”

“Lucky you,” Lyndsey said. “What’d you do to get that?” She had to admit she was a little jealous. No Miner, let alone a star player, had stopped by the Cash residence.

“I don’t know, but she spent 15 minutes telling my parents about what a good job I do for the team.” June seemed oblivious to the spectacle going on above them. “She was surprisingly…detailed.”

“She definitely doesn’t give off a detail-oriented vibe.”

“Anyways, my parents were stunned that Harle Quinn was in their living room.” June paused. “My dad was part of the reason that I put my name in to be a hydration specialist. He loves the Miners. He cried when they won the Cup last year. He sometimes says we should move to Salis D’aar so we could go to games, but he doesn’t follow up on it. And someone whose name is on the Galactic Cup was telling them they had a wonderful daughter.

“And then Harle asks me if I’d get something from her speeder with her. While we’re outside she says, ‘There’s something I think you should tell your parents. I know it because I’m me. I know it’s scary, but they love you. I see it. I can go back in with you or I can wait here in case you need to be somewhere else after. But they deserve the chance to accept you like I do.’”

June took a deep, but ragged, breath as she remembered. “So I went inside alone and I told them that I’m gay. Not like that, but I got thee. And I waited for my dad to say something.”

Lyndsey wanted to ask, but didn’t think she could interrupt June. This was her story, but Lyndsey’s heart was pounding.

“And he said…he said, ‘OK.’” June wiped the corner of her eye. “‘OK.’ I don’t think he’s happy, but somewhere in those two letters I could tell he still loved me.”

“June…I’m…I’m so…” Lyndsey said. She wanted to do something, but didn’t want to make the same mistake as before. “What does that mean…”

“For us?” June finished. She extended a hand to Lyndsey. “I think I should start with an apology. I shouldn’t have treated you the way I did.”

Lyndsey took June’s hand. “I understand.”

“Doesn’t make it right.”

“Maybe we can…try again?” June asked. Her eyes were big in the darkness, illuminated briefly with exclamation points of light. “Starting now?”

“In front of the whole planet?” Lyndsey asked, more to confirm than out of fear. They were in the middle of the entire planet’s attention.

“In front of the entire galaxy,” June confirmed as she drew close to kiss Lyndsey.

“Truce Day…isn’t it romantic?” Harle sighed as she rested her head against Pam’s shoulder and the fireworks boomed.

“Harle…what did you do?” Pamila asked suspiciously. She knew her wife.

“Nuthin’…” Harle said innocently, tracing a finger on Pam’s chest.

“You know what? It’s Truce Day, so whatever it was, you get a pass,” Pamila decided.

“I did the best job ever,” Harle said to herself as she eyed Lyndsey and June.

“Yes you did.”

“As long as the coffee table is still there when we get back,” Pamila added.

“Ha ha ha…so, funny you should mention that…”

“Harle…”

TAG: @SWNerd11

25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    BBC Headlines
    • Bakura prepares for heavyweight tilt between 2 and 3 seeds in Limmie Lunacy as Royal College of Hapes comes to face UB Cape Suzette in the Carnation Bowl.
    • Alana Kirt: "It's just not the playoffs without seeing Hapes."
    • Teams have split last two playoff meetings.
      • Kirt: "This one could be for all the marbles."
    • "I don't know if I'd say we've got home field advantage. We didn't two years ago in this game."
      • "I think both teams know each other pretty well. This is going to come down to who executes better and how well we adjust on the fly."
    • On if this is the de facto GCAA championship game: "Absolutely not. Don't count KMI out. They won back-to-back championships just two years ago. Tatooine's won close games all playoff long. That's what champions do. C'mon. Don't ask questions like that."
    • Bak10 Commissioner Kerry Trieste belatedly shares her playoff bracket.
      • Trieste: "I figured you probably guessed already."
    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.