main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite League Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Tynos Taal
    Carratos

"Ugh," Tynos groaned walking into his apartment dropping his bag onto the floor. He was less sore, but more disheartened. Another loss, at least it wasn't a complete blow out like the game against the Mercs. That still didn't make anything better, they were bereft of their best player and it was showing. The team was in disarray couldn't get anything working on offense, and the defense could only do so much if the offense couldn't get started. It felt like it was all on his shoulders, even though it was the whole team that was struggling. He wanted this to be his breakout year, his time to shine.

Seemed all he was doing was messing up. He could see himself tripping on the turf as he went to make his shot. Running his fingers through his hair he let out a growl, why was he so stupid, how could he have messed that up so throuogthly. He was going to be a laughingstock he could just feel it.

Still in a sour mood he made his way to his bed flopping face down upon it. On the nightstand he found his datapad. Turning it on he found a message from Iris, a slight smile reached his lips as he looked over the words sent to him. A thought was floating around in his brain as he thought of his response.

When he reached the end and started his reply, the words he wanted to say came spilling out.

Hey Iris, I've got something to say. My name isn't Zagius, it's Tynos Taal, that name probably means nothing to you but, I play Limmie professionally for the Carratos Pirates. We've been having a rough go of it lately. We lost our best player Iris (Funny I know, that's why I've always hesitated when I said your name when we first met.) But that has left our team in a bad way, I've been trying my best to pick up the slack but no matter what I do it never feels like enough. We're on a bit of a losing streak, and had a bad year last year. The fans are starting to give up, and I'm on my way there. Force I just need something, a win or at the very least a good game and I might not be so bitter, but that doesn't seem to be coming. Are we really so reliant on a single player that without her we are no longer competitive or is it that new management doesn't know how to run this team? I just don't know, and I wish I did. I want my team to do well, I want to do well, but it seems like no matter how hard we try he just can't get there…

Thank you for letting me vent here, I don't even know if you like limmie, you likely don't but it feels good to get these words out...Just you know a little side note, I think you're really pretty, even if it was a holoshoot, you're gorgeous no matter what and when this season is over, Which should only be five weeks from now...at least with how my team is playing...I'd like to meet you in the real, maybe go out somewhere. I had fun the last time we killed that bottle of wine, and I had the thought to invite you out somewhere but, I held back. Now well, I'm throwing caution to the wind, would like to go out on a date with me? Don't worry about a location, I can make anything work. I have a travel budget and I'm not afraid to use it…

His finger hovered over the send button, feeling more like the fire button for a Death Star. If he sent this it would destroy everything, throw all that he'd built up in this relationship right out the window. But, it would do away with the charade, the game he was playing. It would simplify a lot of his life, lay it all out on the table and see what happens. He could hear his heart beating in his ears. It would be so simple, just press send. His finger twitched, and descended…

[Delete]

Letter by letter his message disappeared all his words that could destroy everything were sent back to the void. He felt a little better, like writing a letter you never send, or putting all your anger on to paper and then burning it. He got the catharsis of writing the words, but without the consequences of sending it.

Though he couldn't deny a small part of him that wanted to send it, just to see what would happen.

Hey Iris,

I had dreams growing up of traveling the galaxy, and I got to, not just for Cons. But, the reality of the dream can be a little bit of a let down. When I'm traveling for business I have to put that stuff first so I don't get too much time to look around the places I visit. So while I can travel a lot, I don't really get to see the places I visit. It's why I like going to Cons, let's me Cosplay and get to see the planet I visit. I don't get a lot of time to do it but, I make it work for me.

He let out another breath, the phantom message still floating around in his mind.

Yeah I'm trying to see the positive right now, but difficult to see the light at the end of the tunnel with it's just so bleak right now. I'm sure things will get better but that seems so far away right now. But don't worry, I'll be fine.

Yeah Digipunk was a bit of a mess, and was already delayed three or four times, and the team was crunched to Chaos and back. That never makes anything good, and burns people out like cheap illuminators. WareHunter 3 had many of the same issues during production but the end product was better. Doesn't make the working conditions excusable though.

He looked down smiling feeling a little better talking with her, even if it was just simple messages back and forth.

I can't wait to see what you put together, but no pressure.

Zagius

TAG: @Trieste

jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  2. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
  3. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for: Tatooine (28), Cloud City (28), Atzerri (28) and Concordia (28)

Skimmer Ade League Five Results
    Concordia Crusaders @ Cantonica Golden Knights (22-8)
    Atzerri Bandits @ Thyferra Force (16-13)
    Kamino Waves @ Cloud City Sky Captains (4-1)
    Druckenwell Marksmen @ Tatooine Sandskimmers (18-10)

Tags: @Jedi Gunny @SWNerd11 @galactic-vagabond422 @Bardan_Jusik @Trieste @Vehn

Trieste likes this.
  4. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! from downtown Keldabe, on a cool rainy Victory afternoon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pit. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz over on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a show for you!"

"That's four!"

"Four wins in a row is right as the Mercs handle the Rydonni Prime Monarchs 24 to 16 in a game that never really seemed to be in doubt, though the Mercs never really pulled away either."

"No, it certainly wasn't a blowout win for the good guys, but it seemed like the Mercs were in control the entire way anchored by a well played team defensive effort and led on the offensive end once again by the front three of Hurtle Brirs and Aug in what is quickly becoming a theme for the season."

"Let's start at the defensive end though , since I know you love it so much."

"Thank you."

"What's working for them right now?"

"They are doing just enough to win really..."

"That good huh? Thanks for that knowledgeable in depth analysis."

"Well, to be fair they are a middling defensive unit right now, playing well enough to win sure, but nothing like the defensive front out on Bakura..."

"Miners have held opposing offenses to single digits scored in four of their five games!"

"...but on the flip side, in Kirt's scheme the defense is on it's own out there, with the middies generally playing up and assisting the offensive unit as much as possible."

"Makes sense, Kirt was an offensive minded middie back when she was a player."

"A championship caliber player, and that's the way she has the Mercs offense playing right now, as they lead the league in points scored here at the midway point."

"See what happens when you post every week."

"Helps when three out of the four midfielders on the team share that same mindset, I mean Lancaster could practially be a forward."

"It does it does, and I think you are seeing that play out now. It's a swarming offense that strives to put the ball in the hands of those nearest the net. The past two weeks that's been the front three, but really the scoring can come at any time from anywhere from the front three down through the half forwards or even the middies. It makes it very difficult to defend as there are just too many players to cover at any one time for opposing defenses."

"Leaves your own defense out on an island though."

"It's a scheme that has risks, and we saw that play out in week one where the reserves mostly couldn't quite hack it, but that game gave them valuable playing experience which Kirt is capitalizing on now."

"Yeah, have to admit San'sa'stark looked pretty good out there coming in for Bos'a whenever he needed a rest."

"That's actually concerning, he seems to be needing more and more downtime lately, especially with the high tempo he is forced to work at with no help from midfield."

"He's been a high level player for a long time, I wouldn't be surprised to see that this is his last season."

"So long as the Ice Queen keeps this up though it should be something the Mercs can handle..."

TAG: @SWNerd11

Trieste likes this.
  5. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    OOC: It's that time of year again, baseball tournament for my son this weekend, so early college limmie scores for you all!

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"Just a week left to go now in the college boloball season so not much time left now for teams on the bubble to make that final push for a coveted playoff spot..."

"No chance now." Justin's frown could be heard over the wave.

"While at the top of the rankings, it's all about seeding..."

"The best teams are showing why they are the best though, top five all won."

"Have to look at number six Norand to find the highest ranked losing team this week."

"They should be OK, a loss this week might put them on the bubble though."

"Look for number 10 Atalanta to take advantage as they keep on winning."

"That sets up one hell of a showdown here next week between the Titans and number two UBSD in the BAK10 finale."

"Both teams have punched playoff tickets, so that one is all about seeding, bragging rights..."

"And a BAK10 crown."

"While number 22 Ord Sabaok's loss probably ends any hope at a playoff berth and might see the StarBucks drop out of the top 25."

"Ugh, I hate this season."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

TAG: no one/everyone

HSN Top 25 after Week Six (LW)

1. Chandrila A&M University (1)
    2. UB Salis D'aar (2)
    3. Keldabe Military Institute (3)
    4. Royal College of Hapes (4)
    5. Imperial College of Bastion (5)
    6. Duro State University (8)
    7. Cloud City University, Bespin (9)
    8. Atalanta University (10)
    9. Norand University, Carratos (6)
    10. Level 1313 Technical School (14)
    11. Consortium Technical School (16)
    12. University of Kashyyyk (7)
    13. University of Agamar (11)
    14. University of Tatooine (15)
    15. University of Sanbra (18)
    16. University of Garos (12)
    17. University of Corellia, Bella Vistal (13)
    18. Republican University (17)
    19. Sarvchi Technological University (21)
    20. University of the Northern Industrial District (20)
    21. University of Zeltros (19)
    22. Hsskhor University (24)
    23. Wasskah Academy (NR)
    24. Brask Yashuvhi University, Csilla (25)
    25. University of Devaron (23)

Trieste likes this.
  6. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    (OOC: A combo post between @Trieste and myself)

Rose-Lynn Hypertravels, Tynos Taal

The HoloNet

Rose-Lynn sat in her hotel room on Coruscant and took a deep breath. She was looking good. Her excuse to Bast that she wanted a little extra help with her makeup for a “catch-up with a friend who’s been promised a brief recital” seemed to flown with the midfielder. Then again, the Miners were soaring high on their second consecutive shutdown. Everyone was feeling good these days, even as they rolled into a road game in the Galactic City.

Then again, Rose-Lynn had also mentioned to Bast that the main store of Amphora wasn’t too far away and they had a popup cosmetic event going on. That was going to keep her roommate occupied for a while.

Who was supposed to call whom first? She didn’t know how this worked. “Frak it,” she said and hit the connection button, propped up by pillows against the headboard of the hotel bed.

He was surprised when the call came in, the team was getting ready for the long trip to Geonosis. It wasn't the worst trip but, it wasn't the shortest either. Even with the win against the Sens it still didn't feel like they'd turn the corner. However he was putting all that to the side, he had a 'date'. Ok maybe that was too much, a chat more like, that was better right.

He didn't answer right away taking a look around and hurriedly covering anything that might give away his real job. Balling up one of his jersey's he threw it out of frame and made sure that the camera couldn't see the one poster that featured him, though Iris still dominated it.

Taking a breath he answered the call.

"Hey Iris, can...can you hear me?"

“Loud and clear,” Rose-Lynn responded with a smile. It was shocking how much technology didn’t work—and always at the wrong moments. It was a relief when things went off without a hitch. “Nice to see you again! I can’t believe it’s taken so long. How are you?” She almost asked about work, but stopped. Best to keep things positive to start.

"Oh, good, had a few of these where the being on the other side can't hear me." He replied right away matching her smile. She looked amazing, as per usual he thought. "Seems our work gets busy at the same time." A slight chuckle slipped from his lips. "I've been well, and you?" He ran his fingers through his dark hair suddenly feeling a little self conscious. He wasn't behind his mask anymore.

“I’m pretty good! Yeah, things are pretty busy at work, but it’s been going really well,” Rose-Lynn said. “Hey—I wanted to ask: do you ever read any source material for New Justice? I don’t even know if there is any. All I know is the show. I’ve been wondering if there’s anything worth checking out, but don’t know where to begin. I’d kind of intimidated walking into a comic store and asking the folks who work there.”

"Depends on what you consider source material." Tynos started, "I mean the comic the show is based off of started a while ago, but is radically different. They made some comics more in line with the show but they lacked that same pop that the show did. I keep up with Blackwing, and a few others. But, I did read a few. My suggestion is look for trades, that is a bunch of comics put together into a single holo book. Gives you a good idea of what the comic is like and will often be self contained so you don't run into the issue of characters referencing events that happened earlier that you have no context for. But, they can be expensive, so find one you might of heard some buzz about or a character you like and see."

"That's how I got started..." He paused for a moment, "That might have been more information that you were expecting. Basically, find something you think is interesting and try it out." The reputation of comics shops and the female gender floated through his head. "Most places aren't bad, and if you know what you're looking for they'll be helpful. And if you ask what they recommend you can start there. Also you don't have to put up with jerks, just walk out if they 'Don't think you'd be interested in comics.'"

“Cool. I was kind of thinking that I should go into more depth on Ms. Mare. She’s got such an interesting backstory and I can’t help wanting to know more about her. I feel like I might be able to appreciate some of the references in the show more if I’ve done some reading,” Rose-Lynn said. “I think part of it is that there’s so much backstory, it’s hard to know where to begin sometimes. I mean, at least we get some of Blackwing’s history in the show. Ms. Mare just shows up. Well…OK, not exactly. We learn a lot about her too. I think what I mean Blackwing has a stronger place in the universe. I mean, he used to be with Mynockman and he’s in the big three.”

"But that can work in your favor, if there isn't much on them, then there isn't much history to go back into...Have you looked into comixist? It's a holonet app that sells digital copies of comics. You can look up a character name and see where they appear. Give you a place to start, and saves on lugging around the physical copies, and you can have hours and hours of comics at your fingertips good for long trips. Yeah Blackwing gets the rub from being the first sidekick of Mynockman. He's been around for what, 70 years, that's a lot of history. Though I really love the stuff they did with him in Whiteson, a story about him ditching the tights and playing at being spy. It is the most Comics thing I've ever seen. There is a scene where Rick is fighting himself in catacombs. And I know that this makes zero sense but I love it." He found himself talking faster, smiling deeper as he spoke of one of his favorite moments. "I can't suggest you read it because it really digs into the history of the character and comics in general. But, it is the most fun I've ever had."

Rose-Lynn laughed good-naturedly. “Fair enough! I guess I just thought that there had to be entire tomes I had to read to catch up on what’s going on.” She made a note about Comixist. “At least there’s a way to find out what to read without having to wade through it all! Then again, maybe I’m missing awesome doppelganger fights where I won’t understand who’s the good guy and bad guy. Then again, the movies aren’t much better in that regard sometimes! Why does everything have to shot with a blue filter? Why?!”

Just as her passion crescendoed, the door to the hotel room clicked. “Don’t mind me! I hope I’m not interrupting anything! Just stopping by to change purses before I hit the bar.”

The defender’s head whipped up as Bast walked into the room. Rose-Lynn had been sure she wouldn’t be back for at least another hour.

“Glad to see I’m not interrupting anything. I would have felt terrible if I’d thrown your routine off,” Bast said, pointedly not looking for a purse, but instead leaning to look at the screen of Rose-Lynn’s datapad. “Hello there! What a nice friend you have.”

“And you were just leaving, right?” Rose-Lynn said, trying to push Bast away. “There’s your purse. Have fun and bye now.”

Bast hadn’t been in the ELL for seven seasons for nothing. She successfully resisted Rose-Lynn’s stiff arms to remain in the picture. “But we haven’t even been introduced!”

Tynos pulled his lips to one side when he heard the door on her end open. He didn't need to use his antennapalps to tell that Iris was surprised. He was surprised too wasn't expecting a roommate. A little chuckled left him as he watched his conversation partner attempt to shoo away the unwanted guest. It seemed futile in the end as the other woman pushed her way in.

"Ah, hi, my name is..." He had to pause for a moment to remind himself that he was 'in character' "Zagius, Zagius Atal..." The wan smile on his face spoke to his desire to also have this little interruption over with.

“Charmed,” Bast said with a manner that made Rose-Lynn think she expected Zagius to reach through the screen and take Bast’s hand, offered up in that limp, rich woman way. “You must be so excited to be ‘friends’—” Air quotes and all, this was terrible. “—with an ELL player like Rose-Lynn.”

Rose-Lynn’s head snapped to Bast’s face, which was completely normal, and then back to the screen with giant, wide eyes.

"What?" He wasn't quite sure how to react. The first thought was to end the call, she was an ELL player, he thought he was getting away from that life doing this, spending time talking with her. Now it seems he wasn't getting away from it just circling it. He wasn't upset about her lying about her name, he was doing that, and he wasn't even hurt by the 'betrayal'. It was just the fact that out of all the cosplayers he could have met, he had to meet the only other one that was hiding the fact they were an Elite Limmie player. A deep sigh left him as he hung his head...

"Um...is it true? Your name isn't Iris?" He needed to confirm this, to hear it from her.

“Why does he think your name is Iris?” Bast asked before Rose-Lynn could get a word in. “I mean, I get it—Iris, Rose, keeping with the flower thing.”

“Look—” Rose-Lynn began, her brain trying to figure out who to respond to first. She knew she should explain to Zagius, but Bast was physically right there, putting her head in front of the datapad.

“Wait a second—haven’t I tackled you before?” Bast said, tilting her head at Zagius. “I remember all the pretty beings I’ve make contact with on the field.”

"Uhh..." Tynos stammered his mind filing back trying to place the face, then it came to him. He hadn't played much over the past few years he could remember taking a hard hit from her. He couldn't think of the name but, he knew the face, and possibly the team...was this the moment he reveals his allegiances, or did he double down...

"Yeah, you have..." Taking a breath and smiling to Rose he turned the camera to show the poster, Iris, the limmie player, in the center, him back and to the left of her his name written above his head. "That's me..." His voice was weak, feeling a little nervous and ashamed, but hoping that him removing his mask so to speak went a little way to easing tensions…

“Oh look at the time!” Bast said brightly. “I’m late for drinks. You two have a lovely rest of your chat! Byeeeeee!” Rose-Lynn watched in disbelief as her roommate pranced out of their room without so much as a second look over her shoulder.

“So…ummmmm…I guess this would be the point where I tell you that my name is actually Rose-Lynn Hypertravels and I play for the Bakura Miners,” she said, her cheeks as pink as a stereotypical tutu.

Tynos swallowed hard feeling a pit growing in his stomach. He could feel her embarrassment that was wrapping itself around his and now they were just staring at each other. Bast left quickly after throwing everything up into the air. Kind of her to mess everything up and then leave. He didn't know what to say or what to do. The masks were off, and they didn't plan on it happening. He looked down trying to put his thoughts together. He needed to break this tension, or it would kill them both.

"Well," he started his heart in his throat. "At least I can stop calling you Iris...let me tell you it has been weird..."

“Why would Iris—oh!” A memory stirred of a player she’d been taken to school by last season and it fell into place. “Let me guess: you play for the Pirates, right? Who…ummmm…do I have the pleasure of speaking to?”

"Tynos Taal, benchwarmer turned starting half forward." He said finally getting his introduction in. "I became a starter after Iris Copin, our star player, went down with an injury." He looked down fidgeting with his hands, feeling almost less than describing himself as such, but it was true and too much of this relationship was built on lies.

“Pleased to make your acquaintance, Tynos,” Rose-Lynn said with a sheepish smile. “So, does it make it half as bad or twice as bad that we both used pseudonyms. For what it’s worth…I liked getting to know you without the boloball hanging over our head. Maybe we could keep it up?” She scratched the back of her neck.

"I'd say half, one side wasn't knowingly leading the other astray. We were both using Alter Egos…" He said making a cheesy superhero comparison. "We both had every reason to not use the names our parents gave us. Don't want to complicate our personal and professional lives." He looked down pursing his lips a little. "And yeah, it was nice getting to know you without worrying that you wouldn't care because I was just a benchwarmer. Or talking about work since, well, it hasn't been going the best for me…" Again he looked away taking a breath. They'd come this far, he really did like her. So what they were both lying, at least the hurt wasn't unbalanced. "And yeah, I'd like to continue this, see where it goes."

“In that case…I did prepare a little something since you were interested in my ballet work,” Rose-Lynn admitted.

"Really? Um...su...sure I mean if you want to.."

“OK then!” Rose-Lynn jumped to her feet and set the datapad up. “Here goes…”

As she began Tynos just watched in quiet contemplation not over the relationship but, her. She was amazing, and talented. He might not have known much about ballet but, he could tell she was good, probably just as good as she was on the pitch. She twirled and jumped and he couldn't take his eyes off of her.

So what they were both lying, the masks were off now, they could be truly honest with each other now.

And it felt so liberating...

jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  7. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Deon Canistia
    -Geonosis Apartment

"Baby here yet?" This time it was Relissa.

[​IMG]

He looked at her and smiled nervously. "Nah, babe."

She was becoming more welcoming of the baby but then again, what else could she really do? Baby Deon (Name pending) was coming and it was good to have her on board. Relissa was still finishing her Junior year at Geonosis Central and she competing at a level in Limmie that was starting to get some play on the holonet. She was not sure if she was going to take it seriously enough to go pro, however. In the meantime, Relissa and Deon were shopping for houses on Geonosis.

"What about this one?" Relissa sent the image to the tv.

"Nah, where's the pool? Where's the space for a Limmie practice field? Cmon babe, y'know I need my practice field!" He said as she shifted the ice pack on his leg, which displaced the ice pack on his ribs. They had been taking a beating in the past two games and Carratos was up next. Tough team and with everything going on this season he had not been completely focused on the games. Maybe that's why he had taken a blindside block last game that took him out for the last quarter.

"What about what I want?" She asked pointedly.

"Compromise. You get what you want, I get what I want, then we both happy." He said as he tossed a pillow at her.

She knocked it away and threw one back at him. "You going to be ready by gametime tomorrow? Social media has noticed how you haven't been talking as much trash as last year. 'Where's Lawdy Lawd at now?' Where are the game day promises?'"

He rolled his eyes and sighed heavily. "I feel like I'm 70-80%. But...hell...That should be enough to give the Pirates something to think about."

"Give them something to think about? Yea, sounding real confident." She giggled and continued scrolling for houses.

Tag: @galactic-vagabond422 @Trieste

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  8. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC Ezra Allin

The game against Nar Shadda is the favorite of my season so far. I don’t think it’s just because we redeemed ourselves after a two game skid either. No, it was definitely the grind we put in and the success Churb and I had in goal. It was a close game Nar Shadda wasn’t going down easily. When a team hasn’t won a game like Nar Shadda they are desperate and hungry and they were not easy to hold off.

Churb is like an old man to me. He played for my father. I try to learn from him, but he’s a different species and let’s face it some of his success rides off his size. An offensive opponent with a lot of time can almost always score on Churb, because if it goes over his head he can’t jump very high. The advantage Churb has is his width and for his species he is pretty fast. He can get from one side of the goal to the other to make a stop really quick. He doesn’t dive like I do, he just shuffles his feet. I’ve tried shuffling my feet, but diving looks more heroic.

Another thing about Churb is I’ll never really know what he’s saying. I don’t know any other Gamorrean’s. Their language is even more foreign to me than Wookiee. I had a Wookiee friend growing up and now Rosebud has been with me a few years so I’m starting to detect how the volume and keys of her roars reflect on her mood or how she wants what she is saying to be interpreted. With any human speaking basic, I know if they are being sarcastic or if they lying, because I’ve been to law school and I can see through people. Churb is a mystery and that kinda bothers me.

Does he see me as a threat to his job? Does he want me to replace him someday? I have to share a room with him when we travel, so here I am sitting silently on my bed, legs crossed data pad in my lap trying to relax and get ready for the game tomorrow against Rydonni Prime. In our division, we beat the Senators twice, then we lost to Bakura. UGH, Bakura, freakin’ undefeated. So, we need this win against Rydonni Prime.

I look over at Churb, who’s lying on his belly, face in his data pad. I can remember my parent’s arguing about how my dad used to feed Churb apple slices when he played well. My mom thought my dad was treating Churb like a circus animal. Circus’ have been banned since before my lifetime so I had to look them up on the holonet. I kinda think my mom was right. My dad did treat Churb like a novelty act more than an asset to his team. Let’s face it, my dad wasn’t perfect. I remember he’d swat me and TJ sometimes, until my mom threatened to call the cops on him if he did it again.

“Did you like playing for my father?” I ask Churb. I have to turn on the translator on my data pad when he answers.

I read as Churb grumbles and snorts an answer. “Allin good coach. Allin think he funny, he not funny. I miss him very much. Even if he not funny, he make me laugh, sometimes.”

Alyada Hovechar, our current coach, is all business. I can see where a little humor, even when it doesn’t always pan out, could be missed. My dad was always joking when I was a kid, but as his memory got worse it was like he forgot to make jokes. I wonder if Churb would appreciate a joke from me. I decide to find out.

The next morning at breakfast while Churb is filling his drink I replace his meat with vegan meat alternative. There’s always plenty on the buffet, because a lot of players eat plant based diets exclusively. Churb is hungry and he is not a morning being, so I am not sure he’ll notice.

Sure enough Churb sits down, puts his sausage patty, that is plant based, instead of the chicken sausage he thinks he’s going to eat between two pieces of bread and takes a bite. After just a few chews he spits it back out. The food flies across the table onto the plate and even onto the face of Olivar Kirt. I can’t help myself, I break out into laughter.

Olivar looks over at me confused as he wipes spit and food particles off his face. “What did you do?” He asks.

“I just slipped some of the plant based meat onto Churb’s plate,” I explain.

Churb snorts at me, but I don’t have my translator on, so I don’t know what he says. He hands me an empty plate and snorts again. “He wants you to get him some real food.” Olivar tells me.

Churb is being a good sport, so I go fill his plate with real meat and the rest of breakfast is uneventful. As we ride to the stadium later that morning Churb is quiet again. He doesn’t seem upset, we trade off as usual during warm-ups. As we come off the field to make our final huddle before the game begins Churb grunts one of the few phrases I know. Play Hard.

Tags: @Vehn @SWNerd11

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    Trieste likes this.
  9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Vehn and The Jedi in the Pumas like this.
  10. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for: Tatooine (28), Cloud City (28), Atzerri (28) and Concordia (28)

Skimmer Ade League Six Results
    Tatooine Sandskimmers @ Cantonica Golden Knights (27-17)
    Cloud City Sky Captains @ Thyferra Force (3-8)
    Atzerri Bandits @ Kamino Waves (9-13)
    Concordia Crusaders @ Drucknwell Marksmen (11-13)

Tags: @SWNerd11 @Trieste @Jedi Gunny @galactic-vagabond422 @Bardan_Jusik @Vehn

Trieste likes this.
  11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Rose-Lynn Hypertravels
    En route to Bakura

That one stung—and Rose-Lynn wasn’t referring to the sore spot in her torso she’d wrapped an ice pack against.

What burned was that the game on Coruscant had been winnable. The offense had put in a good day (not an amazing one, but still the kind of effort you could win on). It was the defense that had been as much of a wreck as it could have been out there.

Her hands were as dirty as anyone’s on that count. After two weeks of some of the best pro limmie she’d played, Rose-Lynn had been torched repeatedly by Jahayla Sofis. It hadn’t been a good look.

Coach Cavanaugh hadn’t come down hard on them in the locker room. She’d just said, “Glad you got that out of your system. We’re not that team who thinks this is about going undefeated, are we?” Everyone knew who “that team” was, the team that Leigh declined to speak aloud. They were their next opponents, after all.

The mood on the shuttle was upbeat, all things considered. They’d all been here before and, even if it they wanted that one back, they still had a game in hand on Ralltiir, the next-closest team in the conference. There was no reason to panic. (After all, they could all be on Cloud City, still winless. BBC Sports had recently said that the team must be run by a Dianoga because the season was in the trash compactor.)

That had been an incidental find of Rose-Lynn’s. She’d really been looking for the other ELL results to enable her to write:

Hi Tynos! :)

Congrats on the win against Geonosis! It’s good to see that “work” is going better. We’ll do our best on our end to give you a boost since we’ve got the Mercs next. (It’s going to be Alana Day or something like out here. I bet they’ve got a crown or a sash ready for her. Even if she went to the Mercs, that GCAA championship still has everyone on Bakura thinking she’s the greatest thing since the invention of the hyperdrive. I’m serious about that last bit.)

Soooooooo…now that things are out in the open, I was thinking…would you like to get together? I know things are crazy during the season, but hear me out: we’re at home for the next two games. If I catch the first flight after the Mercs game, I think I could get to Ralltiir before you leave for Mandalore. I know it’ll be tight…but I think it would be worth it. Or is that too soon? We could always do another call.

Not Iris
    (As in Not-like-you-need-Iris-to-win-games)

(JK! That was definitely too soon.)

“Whooooooo ya writing?” Bast said, sticking her nose into Rose-Lynn’s business again.

“Not your business,” Rose-Lynn said as she sent her message.

“Is it your boooooooyyyyyyfriend?” she asked.

“The person I believe you are referring to is not my boyfriend,” Rose-Lynn replied calmly.

“Does heeeeeee know that? Because he looked like he thought you were purrrrrrrrrdy.”

“You must really be working hard to find ways to make yourself as annoying as possible, aren’t you?” Rose-Lynn posited.

“I’ve come up with a detailed, 27-point plan for the rest of your lives,” Bast said. “Step 1—”

That was as far as Rose-Lynn listened. She unobstrusively slipped noise-cancelling earbuds in and Bast faded away into the distance. It wasn’t like Bast needed anyone to actually listen to her when she talked. She could entertain herself.

That was fine with Rose-Lynn. It would make it so much easier to disappear in a week…assuming Tynos was interested.

She hoped he was.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422

Vehn likes this.
  12. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! from downtown Keldabe, on another Victory afternoon! Welcome on into the Rancor Pit. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. We got Liz over on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a show for you!"

"Five in a row!"

"That's right, that's right Mercs making a habit of this winning streak stuff as they have now posted five wins a row after losing the season opener, this time on the strength of an 11 to two shutdown of that team from Nal Hutta's Moon, and man are the Mercs ever playing good bolo ball."

"They are, they are playing great limmie right now and this was just the sort of game I love to see."

"Defensive game for sure, and it seemed that Coach Kirt flipped the script on everybody playing the middies back instead of out front with the forwards."

"Helped the defense a lot, but man it really seemed to cripple the offense."

"It did, it did. Though they had enough to get by the Strugglers..."

"I think that's partly why she did it against them, they've been well...struggling on the season, so the time was right to experiment with a few things against them."

"Yeah, had it not worked she could have gone back to the attacking midfield at halftime, but hey it worked out this way and now the Mercs have shown another look to the league going into next week's match up against the Miners."

"That is a huge game, a huge game. Both teams at five and one on the season, leading their respective conferences...it is going to be an epic showdown."

"Not to mention this is Alana's first game back on Bakura since winning a collegiate title last season..."

"Yeah playing there, against that team for which she was a major, major star..."

"One of the faces of the league during her playing days."

"And oh what a face."

"...and now coaching what really is one of the Miners big out of conference rivals. This is a game sure to pull at everyone's emotions."

"And in the midst of all that she has given the Miners coaching staff something else to think about with the drastic change in how the midfielders set up and approach the game."

"Sure, sure but let's face it, she has a certain aggressive personality..."

"When it comes to playing midfield, we love you coach Kirt!"

"...and you know that it is going to come out in this game..."

"Especially this game."

TAG: @Vehn @Trieste

Trieste likes this.
  13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"Well the college bolo ball regular season has come and gone and while there are still championship games left for the Power Five conferences, for most schools their season is either over with or they await that call from the playoff committee regarding their post season fates..."

"Most of those know whether they got in or not, just the bubble teams waiting anxiously by the comm units."

"Of course the biggest game this weekend was the de facto BAK10 title game between number two UBSD and number eight Atalanta..."

"Both knew they had made the playoff, but man they played like their very lives depended on it!"

"Yeah that was a great game."

"...one that the Titans managed to win 23 to 18, Atalanta University take the crown as the BAK10 champs."

"Going to be interesting to see how far those two teams make it in the playoff, what with the BAK10 being the two time defending galactic champions."

"Gonna go out on a limb here and say we crown a a non BAK10 team as champ this season."

"And that sound was @Trieste saying, 'so you're telling me we have a chance.'"

"Look for KMI to take advantage of that and move back into the number two spot after their big win..."

"Yeah, but given Imperial College of Bastion's win it sets up a huge showdown in the SEC championship..."

"KMI and ICB facing each other again for the second straight year, gonna be epic."

"They aren't the only rematch in the conference championship games as Royal College of Hapes looks to take on University of Agamar again in the RIM10."

"Loss there might see the Aggies drop out of the top 16."

"Of course University of Corellia, Bella Vistal will be playing in the S16 title game against number one Chandrila A&M University..."

"UCBV is on the bubble, beating number one would punch their ticket though."

"While the BIG20 game features another bubble team in University of Sanbra playing a Zeltros squad that would have a lot of gorund to make up in order to garner an invite."

"Zeltros is done, Sanbra though has a chance..."

"While either of the two RAAC10 contestants could potentially be in or out depending on the winner there between Cloud City University and University of Tatooine..."

"Tatooine needs a win to get in, especially after dropping their season finale. CCU though might sneak in even with a loss..."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

HSN Top 25 after Week Seven (LW)

2. Keldabe Military Institute (3)
    3. Atalanta University (8)
    4. Royal College of Hapes (4)
    5. Duro State University (6)
    6. UB Salis D'aar (2)
    7. Imperial College of Bastion (5)
    8. Norand University, Carratos (9)
    9. Level 1313 Technical School (10)
    10. Consortium Technical School (11)
    11. Cloud City University, Bespin (7)
    12. University of Agamar (13)
    13. University of Garos (16)
    14. University of Sanbra (15)
    15. University of Corellia, Bella Vistal (17)
    16. University of Kashyyyk (12)
    17. University of Tatooine (14)
    18. Sarvchi Technological University (18)
    19. University of the Northern Industrial District (19)
    20. Republican University (18)
    21. Hsskhor University (22)
    22. Wasskah Academy (23)
    23. Brask Yashuvhi University, Csilla (24)
    24. University of Zeltros (21)
    25. The Ord Sabaok University (NR)

Championship Week Schedule

• BIG 20: (Rimward) 14 University of Sanbra vs. (Coreward) 24 University of Zeltros
    • Super 16: (Crendan) 15 University of Corellia, Bella Vistal vs. (Kayl'hen) 1 Chandrila A&M University
    • SEC: (Beskar) 2 Keldabe Military Institute (Mandalore) vs. (Cortosis) 7 Imperial College of Bastion
    • Rim 10: (Innies) 4 Royal College of Hapes vs. (Outies) 12 University of Agamar
    • RAAC 10: (Raddus) 11 Cloud City University, Bespin vs. (Syndulla) 17 University of Tatooine

Trieste and Vehn like this.
  14. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC Ezra Allin

My brother has a great game, nothing I don’t expect of him at this point in life. He’s earned his spot as one of the top offensive players in the ELL and deserving of that MVP nod last season. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t jealous of the attention he gets. Not just the attention he gets, the fact that he deserves the attention. What surprises me, is that when we get on the shuttle to go home he takes a seat next to me. He’s my brother, but we don’t talk much.

“What you did to Churb this morning stinks.” He says getting right to the point.

No mention of my time in goal today, no small talk about how my living situation with Diego is going, or even asking if I heard from mom or Cammie. I’m on a high from the win, “What did I do to Churb?” I ask.

“You stereotyped him as a meat eater just because he’s Gamorrean. Those pranks weren’t funny when dad pulled them and they are even less funny now.”

I get defensive quick, “Churb is my roommate on road trips, I watch him eat meat. It had nothing to do with being Gamorrean. Besides he told me he missed dad’s jokes.”

My brother looks at me hard, “I’m telling you, no more pranks. Got it?”

I nod. He gets up and takes a seat with his fellow offensive players. Churb waddles down the aisle oblivious to what just happened and sits next to me. Even though, I am pretty sure Churb thought my prank was funny, now I feel awful. How could TJ accuse me of all people of judging a being by their species? I’ve been picked on and so has he just because our parents are different colors, from different planets. I’m gay. I’ve been to law school. And that’s why it bothers me, because my brother is right.

I only brood for a minute, “I’m sorry about this morning,” I say to Churb.

I turn my translator app on so that I can make out the grunts as he replies. Sorry about joke? Joke funny.

“No it wasn’t. I laughed at your expense,” I explain.

Joke funny. He grunts again. Reminds me of your father.

And that’s just it. Was my father a jerk? A law breaker? Someone I should be embarrassed of? Or the fun loving, easy going, oddly adorable man who taught me to play Limmie. Despite his flaws I loved him and I want to remember him for the good things he did.

When I get back to my apartment Diego is at class. I wait for him all day just so I can ask him, “Do you think I’m a bad person?”

“Um, what kind of question is that? I wouldn’t be living here if I thought you were a bad person.”

That’s an easy answer. I mean he could be lying. I have all the credits. Diego could get a teaching job and move out in year. “Do you think I stereotype Aliens?”

“What’s this about?” Diego asks.

So I tell him about the prank I played on Churb.

“Oh, we learned about this in one of my classes, because when you are a teacher you have to be real careful to treat all your students equally. You know what? Sometimes we are just programmed to think a certain species will all behave in a certain way. It’s actually done unconsciously to help us navigate through situations.”

“But, I didn’t even exchange the plant based meat for meat because Churb is Gamorrean.” I insist. “I knew beforehand he only likes meat, meat.”

“Well, I don’t see why you’re beating yourself up over it. You said yourself the Gamorrean doesn’t seem upset by it.”

“Because my brother specifically called me out on it,” I say. “He’s a better Limmie player, he’s married with kids and now he’s smarter than me. I just get tired of being the younger brother who has to keep playing catch up,” I say sitting on the sofa with my head in my hands.

Diego sits down next to me and puts his arm around me, “Look at this great place we got here,” Diego says. “Who says your brother is the better Limmie player. Let me see your hip from that dive you made yesterday.”

I lift my shirt and show off a blue and yellow bruise. He kisses the bruise, like I’m a little kid and he’s a parent able to make it better. “Don’t sell yourself short.”

Tag: None

Trieste likes this.
  15. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Tynos Taal
    Geonosis

Tynos wondered how a planet like Geonosis got into Limmie the sun baked everything, did they learn on dirt? It was one of the quandaries he would of had, if he was still on the bench. He most certainly wasn't on the bench anymore. No, he was in the fight of his life. The Gangbuster defense wasn't giving many openings and there was a no fly zone in front of the goal. Canistia had claimed that space, nothing flew through there, lest it be picked off. If you tried to run in and get closer, you were asking to get hit. The cathar was everywhere in front of the box. It was a smothering display. The Pirates were only able to get on the board by striking from the sides, and bugging out before the Cathar Crusher could get there to snap you.

The time was running out and the score was tied, they needed a goal or a bar point or something before time expired. Fysen the center made a side arm pass towards Dina who had broken away from her marker. Tynos's eyes widened could they do it. Dina had the line, the goalie was out of position, the door was open.

The door was closed hard by a large cathar palm stopping the bolo ball dead. Just to put the insult to the interception Dina couldn't stop in time just bouncing off the towering defender as he lowered his shoulder. Canistia barked at the fallen forward something about taking this weak offense out of his zone. There was more colorful language used but Tynos was trying to focus on getting possession back.

The battle was fought in the midfield, Shoaneb and Lychosik were on the same page making life as difficult as they could for the 'Busters in the middle. Lychosik popped the ball up heading it forward for Dyshkava to snatch it up. Tynos moved forward watching his marker, watching for the full back that was already in motion. The Nikto faked a leading pass to Sy and threw a laser of a lateral straight to Tynos. The feint only gave him the smallest crease to try and get past Canistia. He hoped his legs didn't fail him now. Finding his other gear he crossed into the goal box planting his left foot and putting all he had behind this throw. Heavy footsteps were coming in from the side but he had to get this shot off.

Time slowed, the ball left his hand quickly rising to the corner Canistia crashed into the half forward's side taking him off his feet. Tynos never lost sight of his shot as it slipped just under the bar in the corner right over the goalie. Tynos crashed into the pitch, his decent aided by the force of the tackle laid into him by the full back.

The balosar didn't even care, he scored and put his team ahead. He couldn't help the smirk on his face as he turned to look up at Canistia. As the towering cathar got to his feet he held out his hand. Tynos took the hand being yanked to his feet and not released.

"Lucky shot." the defender growled.

"I'll take it…" Tynos looked up a sense of defiance in his eyes. The other man stood a good few centimeters taller, and had a few more kilos on the forward but, the game was in his favor. And he wasn't about to back down.

"Game's not over, not by a long shot."

"You're going to need one."

There were more words that Canistia wanted to say but a ref quickly called for them to separate. With a shove the cathar returned to his position and so did Tynos, though the forward wouldn't deny his heart was racing, and his hand was shaking.

That was the game though, his goal had giving the Pirates the win.

He was on top of the world.

And things just got better with a message from Rose-Lynn.

Hey Rose-Lynn (Does it annoy you if people call you Rose? I don't plan on doing it just curious.)

Yeah, work has had a bit of a turn around for me. I actually got a game winning goal, my first. And I get why Iris digs so deep to get them, it is a huge rush. Saw the scores and well, we Pirates have had our own issues with the Sens, damn Lopaki curse it likes to rear it's head from time to time. It would be amazing if you could bring the Mercs down a peg, you know take the wind out of them before they face us. Though if you beat them they might be more motivated to beat us, so double edged lightsaber that.

I reckon if we still played Denon Iris would get much the same reaction, she's from there so her achievements are theirs.

That's a tough question, I could delay my flight out of Ralltiir and meet you somewhere, I hear there's some lovely Caf houses in Cambrielle, if you like Caf. But, I'm sure there's some overpriced restaurant in the spaceport that's trying way too hard to 'fancy we could eat at. Some questions would be asked about why but, you know, I'll take the risk. After your performance last time, I couldn't wait to see you again. (Was that too much?)

It's a plan, meet you on Ralltiir.

See you soon.

Tynos

Dina flopped into the seat next to him looking over the datapad.

"Who you chatting with…"

"Oh, just a friend…" He said with a smile, minimizing the messaging app.

"Uh huh, a friend…"

"Yeah…" He looked away sheepishly.

"Sure." Playfully she elbowed him in the side. To which he elbowed right back.

TAG: @The Jedi in the Pumas (Who gave the go ahead for a little jawing between Tynos and Deon.) @Trieste

16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus potential for Bakura, Carratos, Geonosis, Mando'ade, and Ralltiir.

Week 7
    Mando’ade Mercs at Bakura Miners (31-35)
    Carratos Pirates at Ralltiir Starkillers (32-19)
    Rydonni Prime Monarchs at Geonosis Gangbusters (6-11)
    Coruscant Senators at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers (14-25)

HSN Headlines
    • Bakura Miners projected to have secured a Galactic Cup Playoff berth
    • Nar Shaddaa Smugglers eliminated from Galactic Cup Playoff contention
    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 @jcgoble3 @Jedi Gunny @Runjedirun @SWNerd11 @The Jedi in the Pumas @Vehn

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    The Jedi in the Pumas likes this.
  17. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for: Tatooine (28), Cloud City (33), Atzerri (28) and Concordia (28)

Skimmer Ade League Seven Results
    Concordia Crusaders @ Cloud City Sky Captains (17-19)
    Atzerri Bandits @ Tatooine Sandskimmers (0-5)
    Cantonica Golden Knights @ Kamino Waves (13-10)
    Thyferra Force @ Druckenwell Marksmen (7-15)

Tags: @Bardan_Jusik @Trieste @galactic-vagabond422 @SWNerd11 @Jedi Gunny @Vehn

Trieste likes this.
  18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    BBC Sports Headlines
    • Atalanta Titans celebrate first Bak10 championship in 30 years.
    • BBC Sports analyst Horst Penn, who covered the game live: "This was just the game of the season in the Bak10. UBCS romped through the conference last season, seemingly winning with ease, but this was a true championship-deciding game."
      • "Just two seasons after their archrivals, the Evenvale Archers, won the GCAA title, Atalanta has answered back by doing what the Archers couldn't that season: bringing home a Bak10 title."
    • Penn: "It won't surprise anyone who watched a Titans game this season, but a lot of the credit goes to the sophomore defender, Kassandra Kirt."
    • Five of the last six Bak10 titles have been won by members of the Kirt family (Olivar, PCNS 296; Alana, UBCS 298, 299, 300; Kassandra, Atalanta 301)
      • Penn: "Does anyone else in Alana's family play limmie? If I were a limmie coach, I'd see about signing them."
    • Titans now await their GCAA playoff ranking.
      • Penn: "This is a complete team. I'm not saying that they're going to win the GCAA championship...but they're going to win the GCAA championship."
    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik, jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Rose-Lynn Hypertravels
    Salis D’aar, Bakura

Rose-Lynn was all smiles.

She knew that she should be grimacing in pain for all the tackles she’d suffered, stiff arms thrust into her ribs, and impacts into the turf. It had been a punishing game, but they’d won and that was what had mattered. With losses by Rydonni Prime and Coruscant, the bottom half of the conference could no longer catch the Miners. They were going to the playoffs and they’d done it by hauling down the top team in the Skywalker Conference.

The reason she was smiling? The reporters didn’t just want to talk to Bree or Stephana after this one. They wanted to talk to her.

“Rose-Lynn, how do you feel about your performance today?”

“I don’t like to see that many points on the board on my watch,” Rose-Lynn began, “but we stayed in the flow of the game.”

“Was the defense the difference today for the Miners?” another reporter asked.

“I think the credit belongs to Bast and Vett at midfield. The pressure was on for them today. When you play midfield in this league, you play in the shadow of Alana—literally today. The midfield was our margin of victory.”

Rose-Lynn sneaked a look at the chrono at the far end of the press room. She was nearly done. Just two or three more questions and she’d grab a cab and be on her way to the spaceport. Then she’d be with Tynos. For the first time since DenCon.

When she got to Ralltiir, she’d be looking at him and he’d be looking at her and they’d be awkwardly trying to figure out if they were going to give each other a hello hug. Of course they would and once their arms were around each other she’d secretly breathe in his smell. She wondered what he’d smell like. She hadn’t noticed it in the fug of DenCon. She’d notice now.

“Doiree Dowty, Boloball Register,” the next reporter introduced herself, standing. “What kind of a last name is Hypertravels?”

“Same kind of last name as Skywalker,” Rose-Lynn said with a smile. That drew laughs from the press corps. It was a stock line she’d had for years.

“Allow me to rephrase: did you choose it or was it chosen for you?” Dowty followed up.

Rose-Lynn’s insides froze. “I don’t know what you mean.”

“Isn’t Hypertravels an assumed name?”

“I…It’s…” She’d been ready for this. She’d prepared for this. But the words weren’t coming.

“Isn’t it true that you were born with the last name Magnus?” Dowty pressed. She didn’t bother to give Rose-Lynn the opportunity to respond this time. “And that your father is Arik Magnus, the anarchist who masquerades as a so-called ‘freedom fighter’? Who was trained by Calo Mornd—”

Her heart started pounding so hard she was sure it was visible to everyone in the room.

“—is accused of having aided the Ssi-Ruuk in the assassination of Manda’lor Ordo—”

Her breath was ragged, coming faster now.

“—as well as participating in the Bassells’ bombing of Euceron Stadium—”

She could tell her eyes had dilated as her flight-or-fight response kicked in.

“—numerous Vertical City gang wars—”

Her body had seized up even though she knew she was in the path of destruction.

“—and guerilla actions with the White Star, many of which resulted in the deaths of civilians?”

Even if Rose-Lynn was physically able to answer, it would have been pointless. The formerly docile press pool had erupted into a storm of shouted questions. Faces and noises blurred together.

“That will be all! No more questions!” someone near Rose-Lynn shouted. A pair of hands led her to the door. Flashes came from every angle. Voices demanded answers. Her brain reeled.
    Her legs wobbled. It was only by leaning against her deliverer that she made it out of the room.

The next thing she knew she was sitting in a plastic chair in a small room and a blonde Human female with glasses was holding her shoulders. “It’s OK. You’re OK. Just breathe, OK? Deep breath in, and out. In, and out.” Rose-Lynn complied with shaky, ragged breaths. “My name’s Kira. I work with Ms. Dionne. Deep breath in, and out. Ms. Dionne’s going to be here soon. She’s on her way. Breathe in, and out.”

Rose-Lynn kept breathing. It felt like all she could do, and only because Kira helped. She didn’t know how long she sat there, breathing in and out, before Kira’s face was replaced by Shay Dionne’s.

“Rose-Lynn, can you hear me?” the general manager asked.

She nodded.

“We’re going to handle this. You don’t work on Nar Shaddaa like I did without knowing how to handle a crisis,” Shay continued. “We’ve got a plan for this kind of thing. We’re going to manage everything. You’re not going home. We’re going to make sure someone is with you, some place safe.

“Rose-Lynn, this is not your fault. I’m going to say that again: this is not your fault. No one is mad at you. Do you understand?”

She gave a single nod, but didn’t feel any better.

“Dr. Hull is on her way here. If you need something to calm down, she will help. Before she gets here, there’s one thing I want to ask if you’re able to handle it.” Shay paused. “You don’t have to tell me now, but it’s going to help us if we know sooner rather than later. Whenever you’re ready to answer, I just need the truth, whatever it is. OK?”

Rose-Lynn knew what was coming.

“Is it true?” Shay asked. “Is Arik Magnus your father?”

“Yes,” Rose-Lynn whispered, her vision blurring with tears.

“OK. OK. OK,” Shay said. She put her arms around Rose-Lynn and pulled her in. “OK.” She patted the player on the back gently. “We’re just going to wait for Dr. Hull. It’s OK.”

Rose-Lynn knew Shay was lying. Nothing was OK. She didn’t think anything ever would be OK again.

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 @jcgoble3 @Jedi Gunny @Vehn

Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    HSN Headlines
    • Sports galaxy erupts over revelation that Miners defender is the daughter of the anarchist terrorist Arik Magnus.
    • Hapan tabloid The Mirror leads with the headline “PRINCESS OF DARKNESS: THE TERROR OF THE ELL”
    • Salis D’aar Times: “It remains unclear if Ms. Hypertravels was involved in or aware of her father’s crimes, but this revelation raises significant questions about Shay Dionne’s vetting process.”
    • Limmie Weekly: “Hypertravels, who was beginning to emerge as a force in the ELL, now faces questions about everything but limmie.”
    • Ord Mantell Mechanic News: “If limmie fans were going to guess any team to have made a possibly literal deal with the Sith, the league-leading Evil Empire is the one they would have chosen.”
    • Corellian Independent: “When—not if—the politically-conscious Trieste family drops Hypertravels from the Miners’ roster, her career will almost certainly be over.”
    • Chandrila Democrat-Statesman: “Arik Magnus’s crimes live in the memory of limmie’s biggest fanbases: Coruscant, Mandalore, Carratos, Nar Shaddaa, and even erstwhile ELL member Euceron. This tragedy of the parent’s sins being visited upon the child could not be more complete.”
    • On Carratos, questions have been asked of Hypertravels and her connection to Arik Magnus.
      • Magnus was behind the Ocean Street CDF Recruiting office bombing and the 286 attack on Arcadia Plaza which claimed the lives of over 200 people Pirate's assistant coach Herron Myrat'ur among them.
      • No further questions could be asked of her, but sources are reporting that she is under a media blackout until further notice.
      • Carratos’s Galactic Senator is currently asking that Hypertravels be called to testify about her father's current whereabouts.
    TAG: @galactic-vagabond422

21. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Statement from the Office of the Euceron President

We are shocked, like most of you, to learn about the true identity of Ms. Rose-Lynn Hypertravels. Her father, Arik Magnus, has long been wanted on Euceron for his role in the destruction of Euceron Stadium in 278. While the threat of the Bassell brothers was ended by the Jedi, Magnus remains at large and is the last loose end from that devastating attack. We have an open warrant for his arrest, and we very much would like to try him for his crimes, which are among the few on Euceron with no statute of limitations.

To that end, we are interested in interviewing Ms. Hypertravels regarding any knowledge she may have about her father's whereabouts. However, we must stress, and simultaneously caution the galaxy at large, that the sins of the father are not the sins of the child. The Constitution of Euceron preserves many important rights and freedoms, including a broad prohibition of any form of corruption of blood. Put simply, the child cannot suffer nor be discriminated against for their parent's crimes on Euceron. As such, we are interested in speaking with Ms. Hypertravels as a potential witness, not as a suspect. I implore the Elite League and other jurisdictions, particularly those who have been directly impacted by the crimes of Arik Magnus, to carefully consider these concepts and refrain from any further accusations or punitive action against Ms. Hypertravels, who in all likelihood is completely innocent.

I have hope that I have not held in 20 years that Arik Magnus can finally be brought to trial for his crimes. But we must be careful, in our righteous and earnest pursuit of justice for Arik Magnus, that we do not mistakenly sacrifice his daughter in the process. To that end, it is imperative that we tread carefully with Ms. Hypertravels and do not hold her accountable for her father's crimes, for she is not.

Vinca Vikal
    President of Euceron

Trieste, Bardan_Jusik and Vehn like this.
  22. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Statement from the Office of the Mayor of Nar Shaddaa

Good evening, citizens of Nar Shaddaa.

Today's revelation that Ms. Rose-Lynn Hypertravels is the daughter of the galaxy's most wanted terrorist Arik Magnus is incredibly troubling for Elite League Limmie and the galaxy at large. Questions are sure to arise from this revelation. Questions that may lead to uncomfortable truths being revealed. Questions that challenge the league's vetting process for draftees, questions that challenge the league's motives and ethics, and questions that ultimately challenge who we are as people of the free galaxy.

We all watched in horror as Euceron Stadium was destroyed in 278. It is a memory and an experience I shall never forget and never forgive. It has become popular around the sporting world to ask in the confidence and spirit of friendship, and out of respect for those who lost loved ones in the attack, where were you in 278 when Euceron was attacked? Where were you? I am proud to say that Nar Shaddaa stood with Euceron during its most challenging days.

We must never forget.

In that same year and in that same season I held my dying mother, Kaitlyn Vehn, on the steps of Six Boroughs stadium. I knelt in the pooling blood of Nar Shaddaa Smuggler's Head Coach John Huntington as life quickly left his body. An assassin was found by the name of Quint Drexel. A low life mob hitman. He was quickly killed while being apprehended by the Vertical City Police Department.

It is my firm belief that Quint Drexel did not act alone.

I am sure of this beyond a shadow of a doubt. Having said this there has been rampant speculation, borderline conspiratorial rumors, in recent years that Kaitlyn Vehn's assassination was ordered by none other than the Vehn family. I cannot speak to these allegations. I do not know the truth. What I do know is that terrorism and violence of any kind against popular figures and locations in the sporting world is wrong on every imaginable level. These crimes against the galaxy will not go unpunished.

Therefore, it is with an easy conscience, that Nar Shaddaa stands with President Vinca Vikal of Euceron in saying that while Ms. Rose-Lynn Hypertravels biological connections are concerning let it be known that Nar Shaddaa will not discriminate against an individual as a result of the sins of the parent. We all have a past. We all have scars. Let's not start a witch hunt based on allegations that may or may not be true.

We must be better and must use better judgment than those who have come before.

Sincerely and with warmest regards,

Lilly Vehn
    Mayor of Nar Shaddaa

Tag: @Trieste; @jcgoble3

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    Trieste, Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! from downtown Keldabe, on a cold and rainy Taungsday afternoon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pit. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz over on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a show for you."

"Where to start?"

"Where indeed, By all rights we should be talking about Coach Kirt's return to Bakura, how the Miners out Alanaed coach Alana in their 35 to 31 win over the Mercs..."

"A win that put a stop to the Mercs five game winning streak."

"...but instead all the attention in the galaxy seems to be on Miners halfback Rose-Lynn Hypertravels..."

"Magnus." There was an edge to Liz's voice, one not normally heard by the listeners on the wave.

"...and the revelation of her parentage following the Mercs Miners game..."

"Especially here of course given her father's connection to the assassination of Mand'alor Ordo."

"I think the only thing keeping Mand'alor Taab from sending a task force to Bakura is the thawed relationship between the two worlds following the Coalition War, an action that resulted from that very assassination."

"Indeed, Taab's government has stated that they find this revelation to be highly disturbing and are calling for not only a complete investigation by Bakuran authorities into the matter but have also sent a pair of inquisitors from the Mandalorian Protectors to question Hypertravels..."

"Magnus."

"...regarding any information she may have on the whereabouts of her father."

"Better hope Taab doesn't get a hold of him, the Mand'alor is liable to cut his head off at midfield of a game."

"Oh the less we speak of that the better."

"One thing I don't understand is how this got by everyone for so long."

"Well for obvious reasons it's not something Hypertravels..."

"Magnus."

"...wanted to get out."

"Sure, sure. but I mean, she went through the draft process, and every team vets every potential pick, and then vets them again. This is a big money game we're talking about and making a mistake on a pick can costs a team millions, tens of millions of credits. They want to get it right, need to get it right, and so they look at everything both on and off field related. How could something as basic as her true identity get missed by even one team, much less the entire league?"

"She obviously went through great pains to hide it."

"Can you blame her?"

"And that implies access to great resources, resources potentially linked to her gangster father."

"And now you see why authorities form around the galaxy are so interested in speaking with her."

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    Trieste and Vehn like this.
  24. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Tynos Taal
    Ralltiir

They had sent small messages back and forth, nothing as long as their previous messages but, enough to set up a location. It was a small caf shop near a metro stop that was the first stop after the space port. It wasn't any special a few nerfhide couches and some metal caf tables. Intimate some might call it, and maybe that was something he was going for. It had been a good day for the half forward they got a win, and he put some good scores up. They were entering the homestretch and they couldn't stumble now.

Though those thoughts were pushed away, he didn't want to bring up work, not here. This was an opportunity to get to know Rose-Lynn, without masks, without pretense or fake names. It would just be them. It would be so much easier to talk, it would be nice to discuss both sides of himself. Comics and limmie the two things he loved in this world. Usually he had to keep them apart. With her though there was a feeling he no longer had to keep that wall between them.

He'd ordered a caf and took a seat, opening up his datapad to read some comics. He'd gotten there a few minutes early that was enough time to get through an issue or two. He'd fallen a little behind on Blackwing. Taking a sip of the caff it tasted pretty good, and the light music playing in the background was calming. It was all so relaxing that he'd lost track of time.

By the time he was caught up with his series, and halfway through his third cup, he realized Rose-Lynn was late. Not by much, not enough to worry about. Though he did send off a quick message.

At the place, can't wait to see you

He returned to his comics, buying an issue for a series he'd been interested in. By the time he'd finished the first tree issues and the heart palpitations had set in from the caff he sent off another message.

Did I get the place wrong?

Now he was worried his leg starting to bounce and a knot forming in his stomach. Had something happened, did her transport crash, was there an accident on the road, the metro snarled? He tried to keep his thoughts under control but with the amount of caffeine running through his system it was hard to keep them from going this way and that.

Is she injured? Is she dead? Is she lost and without a way to contact? Did she stand him up? Did she find some other handsome talent nerd that is also a limmie player? Was she just stringing him along for some nefarious purpose? Was this just a trick? Was he being filmed?

His mind raced with thoughts and theories each one more outrageous than the last. He kept checking for messages, kept hoping that she would reply, or he'd at least see some activity.

Hey are you coming?

He sent another message into the void.

He knew he couldn't keep watching waiting for something to happen. The holo net should provide some distraction.

Right on his homepage plastered across the top in big letters.

'Hypertravels linked to interplanetary terrorist'

He saw her face at a press conference, the shock and fear. He didn't need his anntenapalps to tell what she was feeling.

Force, Rose-Lynn I'm so sorry. I didn't know… There was no instinct to accuse her of hiding something, of keeping secrets. Now wasn't the time for that. Please, I want to help. I'm here, please Rose-Lynn tell me you're ok.

There was no reply, to any of his messages.

Rose-Lynn, I... There were so many words he wanted to put there, care, like...love. I need you to know, I'm thinking about you. I'm here when you're ready

Bardan_Jusik, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"Well conference championship games for the Power Five are said and done and the last Top 25 should be out here momentarily the top 16 of which make the playoff..."

"Going to be a fun playoff this year I think!"

"Let's start at the top where number one Chandrila A&M University took care of number 15 University of Corellia, Bella Vistal 27 to 17 to take the S16 crown."

"Solidifies the Aggies there as the number one overall seed while the Renegades will be very nervous as they wait for the call to see whether they are in or not."

"Yeah, right on the bubble there. Any predictions?"

"I don't know, ten point loss but to an undefeated team that has held the top spot all season long.... could go either way."

"No wonder they'll be nervous."

"Meanwhile in the SEC title game the Warriors of KMi were out for revenge as they took on number seven Imperial College of Bastion in a rematch of last season's SEC title game..."

"Revenge is a dish best served cold."

"...same two teams, same result as ICB defeats KMI 25 to 19."

"Don't see the Warriors falling out of the top five, though they may get jumped by ICB now."

"The RIM10 featured another revenge game as number 12 University of Agamar defeated number four Royal College of Hapes 24 to 16 in a rematch of last season's conference title game"

"Agamar got their revenge and punched their ticket to the playoffs with that one."

"Number 17 University of Tatooine defeated number 11 Cloud City University, Bespin 24 to 19 to take the RAAC10..."

"Should be enough to push Tatooine into the playoff, though if they are in UCBV is first out..."

"Going to be interesting to see what happens there, Tatooine's resume beyond this game isn't all that impressive..."

"Two programs that will be on the edge of their seats here over the next few hours."

"And in the BIG20 conference championship number 24 University of Zeltros defeated number 14 University of Sanbra 25 to 19."

"OK, so add another team to the nervous list."

Final HSN Top 25 (LW)

2. Atalanta University (3)
    3. Keldabe Military Institute (2)
    4. Imperial College of Bastion (7)
    5. Duro State University (5)
    6. UB Salis D'aar (6)
    7. Norand University, Carratos (8)
    8. Royal College of Hapes (4)
    9. University of Agamar (12)
    10. Level 1313 Technical School (9)
    11. Consortium Technical School (10)
    12. University of Garos (13)
    13. University of Kashyyyk (16)
    14. Cloud City University, Bespin (11)
    15. University of Sanbra (14)
    16. University of Corellia, Bella Vistal (15)
    17. University of Tatooine (17)
    18. University of Zeltros (24)
    19. Sarvchi Technological University (18)
    20. University of the Northern Industrial District (19)
    21. Republican University (20)
    22. Hsskhor University (21)
    23. Wasskah Academy (22)
    24. Brask Yashuvhi University, Csilla (23)
    25. The Ord Sabaok University (25)

301 GCAA College BoloBall Championship Playoffs: The Starting 16

• Party Bowl: 1 Chandrila A&M University vs. 16 University of Corellia, Bella Vistal
    • Sweetner Bowl: 2 Atalanta University vs. 15 University of Sanbra
    • Nylonite Bowl: 3 Keldabe Military Institute vs. 14 Cloud City University, Bespin
    • Jogan Bowl: 4 Imperial College of Bastion vs. 13 University of Kashyyyk
    • Republic Bowl: 5 Duro State University vs. 12 University of Garos (Garos IV)
    • Papa Palpatine Bowl: 6 B Salis D'aar vs. 11 Consortium Technical School
    • Incom Bowl: 7 Norand University, Carratos vs. 10 Level 1313 Technical School
    • Bank of the Core Bowl: 8 Royal College of Hapes vs. 9 University of Agamar

GCAA College BoloBall Championship Playoffs News and Notes

• Both the 1/16 matchup and the 8/9 matchup are rematches of the S16 and RIM10 title games respectively.
    • This marks the first appearance in the College Boloball Bowl Playoff for #2 Atalanta University and #10 Level 1313 Technical School
    • Four of the Starting 16 are from non Power Five Conferences as the larger conferences dominate the playoff field.
    • Only nine of Top 25 teams belong to non Power Five conferences.

OOC: A word on the final rankings. University of Tatooine and University of Zeltros both rolled tens on their season ranking roll while both University of Sanbra and University of Corellia, Bella Vistal each rolled an 11. So the former two wound up at the top of their tier (the tens) while the latter two wound up at the bottom of their tier (the 11s). Just an odd happenstance that the tier dividing line there also happened to be at the playoff dividing line as well this season. It's actually the first time the cutoff synchronized with the tier divisions since we have started doing the college playoffs this way.

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.