main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite League Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Guest Scores

Bonus rolls to Cloud City (28), Atzerri (28), and Concordia (28). Since scores were delayed so long, these bonus rolls will carry over to tomorrow scores, and any posts between now and then will be added in as well.

Skimmer Ade League Week 2
    Tatooine Sandskimmers @ Concordia Crusaders (22-13)
    Cloud City Sky Captains @ Kamino Waves (23-17)
    Druckenwell Marksmen @ Atzerri Bandits (24-5)

Tags: @Trieste @Vehn @galactic-vagabond422 @Bardan_Jusik @Runjedirun

Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  2. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Sinee Traivut
    Bakura

"You don't seem happy to see me." The man said furrowing his brow.

"Oh," Sin replied, "No...no...well…" She let out a long sigh that gave away her frustration. "I just, I wasn't expecting. Well you."

"Um…" He looked hesitant to sit. "So who were you expecting."

"My mom, though I can see why she said she would be late."

"Bait and switch?" He asked still standing.

"Sit down, you're making this more awkward."

"I can go."

"You came all this way," She said, gesturing to the empty chair. "You should at least get some lunch." She could feel the gaze of the business beings in the corner, hear the giggles of the ladies. They were all looking at the scene playing out. Half of her wanted to run screaming away from here, the other half just wanted him to sit down and stop causing a scene.

Sheepishly he sat down giving a smile to the others around.

"I guess someone told you this would be a normal lunch and then I showed up?" The man asked a slight smirk on his lips.

"I was expecting lunch with my mom…" Sin looked wistfully out the large windows that looked out onto the street, wondering what it would take to hurl herself through them and escape. "drawn in by the siren song of a free lunch."

"Ah, yes the dangerous beckening of food you didn't pay for. One of the most dangerous weapons in a mother's arsenal."

A nervous laugh left Sin's chest he at least had a sense of humor about the situation.

"You're Ms. Tyvan's son?"

"Oh where are my manners." The well dressed man shook his head, "I'm Korran Tyvan," he smiled a comforting smile. "Yes, I'm Ms. Tyvan's son. She told me I would be meeting a friend from her book club. I don't suppose…"

"No, I wouldn't be caught dead at my mom's book club. I accidentally walked in on one when I was a kid and was treated to an hour of discussion on a book of Hutt Poetry."

"Hutts have poets."

"Yes and it's all really weird." Sin took a breath and a sip of her water feeling just a little bit of the tension fade. It wasn't all gone, there were still some things that needed to be laid out, but they could work up to that. "No, my mom offered to take me out to lunch once a week. And this week she said she was running late...that should have been my first red flag. Mom is never late for anything." An awkward silence fell over the table, Sin felt like she was forgetting something.

"I um...didn't catch your name? Unless you're uncomfortable telling it to a random stranger."

"Oh no...I just…" taking another breath she let it out slowly. "I'm Sinee Traivut, nice to meet you."

"Charmed…" The server arrived to thankfully distract from the tension. Sin ordered the same thing she did last week, if it works don't fix it, her thinking. They were quiet again not making eye contact and taking sips from their glasses.

"So um, Sinee,"

"Oh Sin please, only my mom calls me Sinee."

"Sin, what do you do?"

"Oh…" Small talk, something she's usually so good at but, caught off guard she didn't have time to engage her bartender brain. "Sorry this whole situation's got me flustered. I tend bar at the Pack and Rook."

He paused for a moment looking to the side clearly in thought.

"I don't think I've ever been there."

"I wouldn't think so," She looked him up and down again. "You don't look the type."

"And what type do I look like?"

"Um…" She thought back to the conversation she had with her mom. "An accountant that works for a starship company," He arched his brow a little surprised, "And you…" Her attention returned to him looking him over with an appraising eye. "Are comfortable in spaces like this but, it's not where you like to be. No you like something different, something outside of this normalcy. Though it's not something you do all the time. You have a foot in both worlds though you're leaning more one way than another. But, I don't think your other place is a sports bar in bad side of town."

"Wow...that was...are you force sensitive?" Korren said brow furrowed. "You knew where I worked and well…"

"No, I mean, my mom already said you were an accountant. And well, I just have a gift for reading people. I don't think it's the force, just, my mind can process people's reactions, pick up on little cues. I don't even know I'm doing it sometimes. I usually keep it reigned in, don't want to reveal to a mistress that her lover isn't leaving his wife."

"That's happened?"

"No, but I have gotten that feel from a couple before."

"Uncanny." Their food arrived and they fell into silence again. "So you said you worked at a sports bar?"

"Yeah, well, it's an old pub but we have the sports on all the time."

"You watch any."

"Uh limmie mostly but, I generally like to watch it from home, at least the ELL. We'll have Premier League on some nights given that they play on a different day."

"You pull for the Miners?"

Sin looked away filling her mouth with another bite of her sandwich making sure to keep the crumbs off her nice dress. She debated whether or not to tell him, he seemed interested but, not surpremly so. And it wasn't like she was going to see him again right?

"Pirates actually."

Another moment of stunned silence.

"You from Carratos?"

"Nope."

"Huh…"

"You can see why I like to watch from home. Not many patrons want to watch the Pirates play."

"That would make things difficult, you supporting one of our biggest rivals."

"Right, rivals, do you even know who holds the Jar of Dirt?"

"Um…"

"See it's not a real rivalry if you can't remember who holds the trophy."

"The Pirates, they won it last season, the one where Taal and Hypertravels kissed on the field."

Of course everyone remembered that game, the day the world turned upside down. The day a Miner kissed a Pirate. Sin had used that 'who holds the jar' trick a couple of times to show just how much the rivalry mattered but, the star crossed kiss seemed to shatter that.

"Ok I guess you know that. But, it's not that big of a deal."

"I mean...it kinda is." She grew quiet again, returning to her sandwich. While it was nice he was a Limmie fan she still had to deal with him supporting the Miners. It wasn't like she hadn't dealt with this before. And he at least didn't seem rabid, small mercys.

They settled into a nice little silence. It would almost look like a date. Other than the few times they made eye contact. She didn't get that little flutter in her heart, that tingle in her chest. Besides she already had a boyfriend. There was no spark, they were friendly sure but, there was nothing more.

"Um…" Korren started as he finished his meal. "Would you like to hang out again? Maybe watch a game?"

"Oh," she replied looking away before looking back. Time to let him down easy. "Sorry, I...uh...I have a boyfriend."

"Oh good." He said letting out a breath, Sin recoiled just a little was he that relieved to not go on a second date with him? The disgust showed on her face. "No, I don't mean, your a lovely girl and your partner is lucky to have you. It's just that I have a girlfriend as well."

"Then why did your mom say you were single?"

"Well I haven't gotten up the nerve to tell her...you know that other world I have my foot in? She's from there."

"Oh," Sin could definitely relate.

"I only came to this lunch to get my mom off my back. You know give her a day to vent about my choices...or lack there of."

"Do moms just get a crash course in giving guilt trips when we're born or something."

"You're telling me. The constant 'Do you have someone? I would like some grandchildren.' Just because you were married and having kids when you were my age doesn't mean I will too."

"Then they make you feel bad for arguing with them, with the 'I just want you to be happy.'"

"Grrr, that move. And you can't say anything back because you know it's true but you also kinda want to smack them and say 'then let me be happy.'"

"If only there was a way to get them off us for a bit."

Korren was quiet again looking down gears clearly turning.

"What if we could?"

"What?" Sin replied brow arched.

"What if we could get them off us for bit?"

"What's your plan?"

"What if we told our moms that we hit if off, and are continuing this."

"Wait, you want to fake date?"

"I mean yeah? We don't actually have to date. Just some messages back and forth to get our story straight."

"You think that will work?"

"What do we have to lose?"

That was a good point, and if it worked.

"Hey you know what? We could hang out, you know, to make it look good."

"Uh huh,"

"The game coming up you could bring your girl, I bring my guy and we just make a day of it. And we can say we watched the game with some 'friends.'"

"Right 'friends'."

"You in?" She asked with a devious grin.

"Sure…"

Game day

Game day came around and Sin was picking up around her place. They had agreed to meet at her place. It was closest and also furthest away from her and Korren's parents. Given that it was her house they were watching the Pirates game. Though that worked out just fine, the Miners were playing on Geonosis which meant they played at a different time slot.

"You good babe?" Dyo asked lounging on the couch as the pregame show was playing on the holo.

"Yeah just making sure it's not a complete mess." She looked to the kitchen just as the microwave finished heating the cheese dip. "Could you get the nachos ready?"

"Yeah sure…" Her lover got up and took the three steps he needed to get to the kitchen. Which was more a space marked out by some stain proof durasteel floor. As he poured the melted cheese over the chips the door chimed.

"That's them." Sin threw the loose clothes in her arms into the bedroom and closed the door. Stopping for a moment she took a breath opening the door finding Korren, his hair down though still looking somewhat styled, in a Miner's shirt and rugged pants. Next to him was a Devaronian in a leather jacket and tank top tattoos covering her arms and piercings through her nose and lip. Yep definitely not the kind of being you brought around to mother.

Eyes met and smiles were shared.

"Welcome, ah I think nachos are ready." She turned around to find Dyo standing behind her. "Right?"

"Uh…" Dyo looked a little distracted, his gaze holding on Korren's date. "Yeah, it's ready."

"Ah this is…" Korren gestured to the woman next to him.

"Mairlenn." She introduced herself, her voice soft and gentle though with an edge to it.

"Well, find a place to sit and we'll get started." There was only enough room for three on the couch so Sin just found a cushion and sat on the floor, in front of Dyo of course so she could hold his hand.

Though the game didn't go the way she wanted it was nice to have people around her. It felt different watching a game with others.

She could get used to this 'Fake Dating' thing...

TAG no one

3. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Vehn and jcgoble3 like this.
  4. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Guest Scores

Bonus rolls to Cloud City (28), Atzerri (28), and Concordia (28). Euceron will get one... eventually. :p ;)

Skimmer Ade League Week 3
    Kamino Waves @ Druckenwell Marksmen (14-15)
    Tatooine Sandskimmers @ Cloud City Sky Captains (3-13)
    Atzerri Bandits @ Concordia Crusaders (2-1)

Tags: @Trieste @Vehn @galactic-vagabond422 @Bardan_Jusik @Runjedirun

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  5. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Vienna Harlow
    Salis D’aar, Bakura

“We’ll pick you up from your dorm in the morning. See you then!”

Vienna’s mom ended the call before her daughter could object. Her parents were coming to town for the Miners’ home opener and, like usual, her mom assumed that Vienna was falling all over herself to go the game. She definitely didn’t ask if Vienna had other plans. Not that she would have listened if Vienna had objected.

So it was that Vienna was slumped in a chair in the owner’s box, surrounded by her extended family, like she was at every Miners’ home game. While the box could seat more (and did on Truce Day and during playoff games), 20 of them still made for a crowd. There were at least five conversations going on at once, kids running around, and someone was usually shouting about something happening on the field.

“Who do you think there are more of: us or the Vigos?”

“At least the defense looks better this week.”

“Yes, everyone’s been welcoming in Yenshay. I’m enjoying the work there.”

“On the field, clearly Vigos.”

“Mom, can I go see Dad?”

“It’s looking like a good docket this year. Of course, it’ll be different now that Kearsy is on the court. She’s the first justice appointed by the Unionists in some time thanks to the new term system.”

“Who are the Vigos? Obviously Jimsey. Allin too.”

“I thought you would have been at a podrace this weekend?”

“Yes darling. Please embarrass him on live HoloNet. But bring an adult with you so you don’t get abducted. I don’t want to prosecute your kidnapper. It’ll be a huge inconvenience.”

“I’d like to see the offense get into gear a bit more. I’m still not sure that letting Owens go was the right move.”

“Louise Till is a Vigo too.”

“It’s not like limmie. The races are spread out over the year. It’s for the best. Lets us do maintenance and tweak race to race.”

“I don’t think Louise is a Vigo. Alexa Superspy is a Vigo though.”

“I’m looking forward to the benefit. I’ve got just the dress for it.”

“This is much less fun without the Monarchs in the league. Making fun of Dorian is more enjoyable than the game.”

“Alexa only dated a Vigo. Louise is definitely a Vigo.”

Vienna needed a break. Without asking anyone’s permission, she stood and headed to the back of the box. She grabbed a Miners ball cap and pulled a lanyard with a field pass over her head. They had several field passes and everyone knew how to get there from the boxes and where you were allowed to stand. Vienna knew it was yet another level of ridiculous privilege, but she figured she might as well use it to get a break from her family.

Though Vienna wasn’t a fan of limmie, she had to admit that there was a pulse to the game when you were at field level. It seemed faster, the hits harder. You couldn’t see the game neatly unfolding like a battle like you could from the box, but down here it was real, vibrant, personal.

Vienna wasn’t allowed to go near the Miners bench, but she could feel the presence of Leigh Cavanaugh. She’d met Leigh before. That was nothing like the smoldering intensity she exuded down here. This was what commanded the respect of 15 of the best athletes in the galaxy, what got them to pull more out than they thought possible, what won championships. It was so powerful that, as she looked up the field at where Leigh observed the game, she forgot there was a game going on.

“Look—!”

Before someone could finish the sentence, before Vienna could react, she was nearly bowled over by a player barreling out of bounds. Vienna felt two hands grab her and she was swept up in someone’s forward momentum, her feet backpedaling as she tried to stay upright. Without the player gripping her, she would have hit the turf. Even with his assistance she bent backwards at the waist, nearly falling over. Her hands were clutching his jersey, fighting gravity. She found herself looking into a pair of silver eyes.

“All good?”

Vienna realized that the grav train that had nearly wrecked her was none other than starting full back, GCAA champion, Gerald Riviera. The Echani’s pale skin and hair stood out against the dark blue jersey.

“Thanks,” Vienna said.

He straightened, bringing Vienna upright with him. “Least I could do,” he remarked laconically before trotting off to get back into the play.

Vienna dusted herself off from the encounter and pulled her cap down from its askew angle, courtesy of the near-collision. That was hard and fast enough for one day. She’d take her family for the rest of the game, as annoying as they could be.

And given that someone had to have seen that happen, they were going to be very annoying when she got back.

The next morning Vienna rolled out of bed to get ready for her first class of the day. Her roommate was already up, scrolling on her datapad.

“Morning,” Vienna said.

“Did you catch the Miners game yesterday?” her roommate asked.

“Yeah.” Vienna hadn’t told her roommate that she’d gone to the game. It prevented questions that could get awkward. She waited with a little anxiety to see where this was going.

“Wild game.”

“Yeah.” Vienna relaxed. “Looks like they finally got the defense fixed. Of course, the Starkillers haven’t found their footing yet this season, so there are still some question marks around the team.”

“No, I mean, this.” She turned her datapad so Vienna could see the screen.

It was an article from one of the celebrity sites—and it showed Riviera and her in what looked like a romantic embrace. He was smiling slightly in the moment the holo was taken. Thankfully, her hat was obscuring her face, but that was definitely her. The headline read BE-WITCHERED in obnoxiously large font.

Vienna wasn’t sure what to say. “That’s…uhhhh…” Had her roommate recognized her?

“I know,” the roommate agreed—though to what Vienna wasn’t herself sure—as she turned the datapad back towards her. “Apparently she’s all anyone asked Riviera about at the press conference. Who was she, did they know each other, etc.”

“Yeah?” Vienna tried noncommittally. “What’d he say?”

“Nothing. But now everyone’s curious who she is. This says they’re a couple now. Love on the limmie field.”

“I’m pretty sure Hypertravels and Taal cornered the market on that.”

“Still, could you imagine? Being so close to a hunk like Gerald Riviera? I think I would have fainted.” She sighed.

“I couldn’t possibly imagine,” Vienna fibbed.

TAG: @Runjedirun

jcgoble3 likes this.
  6. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a sunny and warm Taungsday afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the reigning Galactic Cup Champion Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz over on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

"Ouch."

"Ouch is right in more ways than one as the Mercs take their first loss of the season 36 to one in a shutdown from the Pirates..."

"Who you hate."

"...who I really, really hate right now..."

"That one was really ugly."

"...but of course what hurts more..."

"Literally and figuratively."

"...is the ghastly injury to star forward Toemash Hurtle late there in the first half."

"No one's ankle should ever hang off to the side like that."

"He didn't look right even before the injury, I mean he hadn't scored all game."

"No one on the Mercs had."

"But after that tackle, his ankle just seemed to...crumple."

"I think his foot stuck in the turf and when he went one way, it didn't go with him."

"Horrific, horrific injury, and you could see he was in a lot of pain."

"No doubt."

"And so now the Mercs will be without their highest paid player for what, at least until the back half of the season?"

"I am hearing season ending injury actually, and through the playoffs too if the Mercs make it to the post season."

"Well way to early to be looking at that, especially with a season schedule like we have this year."

"Where everyone plays everyone else twice?"

"Right, way too much time for any team to get hot at the expense of everyone else, but this was just the Mercs first loss of the year..."

"One that put them in the red so to speak in point differential."

"Really?"

"Yup, they are a minus five now which looking at that you would think one and two not two and one on the season."

"Big series now against the Miners coming up then, home and home games the next two weeks."

"Yikes, and with us having to replace our biggest offensive weapon."

"Any news on how the Mercs will accomplish that?"

"Well they will be calling up Mr. Irrelevant Paol Gynd from the Crusaders..."

"Great the final pick in last year's draft filling in for the Mercs highest paid player."

"Though he will probably split time with Wren who is already the Mercs backup forward."

"Look for Kuiick, the Mercs backup half forward to possibly get in on some of that playing time too."

"He doesn't have the size to play up front."

"No but he has two working ankles, which is more that Hurtle has..."

"Ouch."

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422

7. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    OOC: Last weekend tournament (until fall ball starts anyway, so just one more week here of early college rankings for you all!

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"College Bolo ball season is entering the second half of their season and it looks like we will finally have some movement here in the top five as number four CorTech fell to GVSU..."

"Look for the Pilots to move into the Top 25 after that one."

"..which of course sets up a big showdown between them and the StarBucks next week..."

"The Game is always a big showdown."

"...though Ord Sabaok..."

"The!"

"...may not be looking forward to that one after dropping a second game in a row..."

"All we need is to play GVSU to get us back on track."

"...while further down the rankings UBSD's loss will almost certainly see them fall out of the rankings now which might mean we have no Bak10 teams in the top 25 for the first time I can remember this late in the season."

"Tough season so far for the Bak10, and it doesn't look to get any better."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

TAG: no one/everyone

HSN Top 25 after Week Four (LW)

1. Chandrila A&M University (1)
    2. Citadel University of Anaxes (2)
    3. Keldabe Military Institute (3)
    4. University of Tatooine (5)
    5. Imperial College of Bastion (6)
    6. Brask Yashuvhi University, Csilla (8)
    7. Enarch Technical University (7)
    8. University of Zeltros (9)
    9. Coruscant Polytechnic Institute (4)
    10. Ralltiir University (12)
    11. University of Mon Calamari (13)
    12. University of Denon, Eastlake (14)
    13. University of Kuat (10)
    14. Consortium Technical School (16)
    15. University of Zeltros, Paradise (18)
    16. Royal College of Hapes (11)
    17. Albanin-Baxel Defense Academy, Clantaano III (17)
    18. Ackbar Air Fleet College, Dac (20)
    19. Level 1313 Technical School (19)
    20. Concord War College (22)
    21. The Ord Sabaok University (15)
    22. Bilbringi University (25)
    23. Grand Vulpter System University (NR)
    24. University of Agamar (21)
    25. Laswell College of the Sciences (NR)

Dropped out: University of Bakura Salis D'aar, Duro State University

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  8. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    IC Louise Till

This is either going to be a huge mistake or a wonderful evening. I wish I could say I was optimistic about the second option. I have another date. This time with a guy named James. We are going to dinner, which is a pretty big commitment for a first date. James has a profile holo so I know what he looks like. He’s fairly typical for a Raltiirrian. In his holo his hair is cut in a flat top, which is very much of a choice in hairstyles.

After my last date I decide sandals are a must. If a guy doesn’t like my feet, he has real problems. My nails are royal blue, my big toes have orange stars. It’s mid-season. Even if we did just lose two important games, I’m still confident we can turn things around. My pride for my team never diminishes.

I wear a simple blue sun dress. I’m not an over the top fancy kind of girl, but I like to dress up a little. I wait outside the restaurant a few minutes, feeling awkward, feeling the stairs of passersby. Even if they don’t recognize me, they see a tall girl, a really tall woman. They have to look twice, I just stand out. Being tall has it’s advantages though, I see James coming as he exits the train station across the street.

I give him credit for taking public transport, at least he’s probably not a rich spoiled kid. James is 20, does that make him a kid or an adult? Depends who you ask. Most people think I’m still a kid. Despite having a full time, good paying job for 3 years. Hell, I never got to be a kid. Not in the true sense that everyone else got to be a kid. I lived alone with my mom, carried a heavy past and didn’t even attend school with other kids. My existence is just weird.

I wave through the crowd of people who just exited the station and make eye contact with James. He smiles at me. I don’t think a guy has ever smiled at me. I feel something, I can’t exactly say what, does he like me? Is he not afraid of me? Is he not judging me?

“Lizzie? Louise Till? Is Lizzie a nickname?”

“You can call me Louise,” I say holding out my hand. It’s just something I always do when I first meet someone. I shake their hand. “Sorry I used a fake name.”

“No, that’s okay. I might do the same if I were you.” Now that he’s standing next to me, James has to look up to see me. He’s probably about 5’ 8”.

I’m towering over this guy, but I try to make it feel natural. “You hungry?” I ask.

“Starved.”

We go in and get a table. It’s a Wednesday night so the restaurant isn’t crowded. I order a salad to start and a flatbread with beans and veggies for my main course.

“Are you vegetarian?” James asks.

“I’m trying,” I tell James. “I haven’t committed yet.”

“That’s cool,” James says. “I mean that’s gotta be hard.”

“Lots of my teammates have switched over to plant based diets,” I explain. “When you do what I do for a living, you have to sacrifice a lot.”

“The only thing I sacrifice as a student is sleep.” James says.

I like this guy. I like him a lot. Especially when we sit down together and I don’t notice so much that he’s nearly a foot shorter than I am. We get through the whole dinner with me not hating him, or even disliking him. After he pays the bill and again I don’t even know if this guy has credits to his name, but he pays the bill, we go for a walk around the city.

He tells me about his classes and his fears of trying to get a job after graduation. I tell him a little bit about how often I have to travel during the season and how many hours I put in even during the off season to stay in shape and play Limmie at the level I do. Things are going so well that I offer him two tickets to Sunday’s game.

“I can’t promise a win, we’ve been in sort of a slump. It can happen after two cup appearances,” I explain.

“I’d be honored to come,” James says. I’ll bring my little brother. He loves the Starkillers, I mean I love you, I mean them, too.”

James is getting tongue tied and embarrassed. I laugh. I wish I could kiss him. How do you even go about kissing a guy? I hope we see each other again and he kisses me. I don’t want to make the first move. We are back at the train station, so I say goodnight and he disappears behind the turn styles.

Tag: @galactic-vagabond422

9. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Sinee Traivut
    Bakura

"I needed this…" Sinee shouted over the noise of the club Dyo had taken her to. The music thumped in her chest, the electronic harmonies made her want to move, and moved with Dyo. Feeling him close to her, his warmth soaking into her, his hands sliding over her, it was all so wonderful. It got her mind off lying to her mom, what she was going to do to continue the farce that her and Korren were 'dating'. It was just her and her lover, her real lover. Even with the dance floor packed with other beings, sweating and swaying, all she could feel was him.

"I knew it'd been a bit since we hung out." He said into her ear pulling her close against him. She loved it when he surrounded her, wrapped his arms around her and held her close. It was comforting and grounding, his touch, his heat, it was everything she wanted.

The music picked up again and so did they getting carried away with the moment. Time slipped away from them, it felt like an eternity and just a moment at the same time. That was the great thing about him, the fun lasted forever, but left you wanting more.

The song ended and Sin could feel the sweat on her skin, and was struggling for breath. Sensing this Dyo pulled her to the bar ordering them some fresh drinks and a bottle of water.

He flashed that toothy smile that made her heart flutter as he down the shot. She followed him feeling the liquor settle in her stomach giving her a warm feeling. Not that she needed more of that. He ordered another round and looked over to her. Reaching out he pushed a lock of purple hair from between her eyes to behind her ear. Moving closer she smiled again matching him move for move. She felt his hand run through her hair gently pulling her closer and closer. A smile bloomed across her lips as she knew what was coming.

Their lips touch and she could smell the whisky on his breath, it tickled her nose and made her giggle. A low rumble rose from his chest ringing in her ears as loud as the bass thumping out of the sound system. They kiss again, and again before stopping to catch a breath.

"I love you." he said with a smile pressing his forehead against hers. "Force do I love you."

"I love you too." Her hand rested on his shoulder looking into his warm yellow eyes, his brow slightly raised. She leaned in and captured his lips again. His arms wrapped around her pulling her close, so close she found herself on his lap and not minding one bit. His hands wandered over her brushing across her loose shirt and across the bit of skin that was revealed when her shirt slid up just a bit. A long hum left her letting herself become completely surrounded by him, the feeling of him.

That was as if fate had decreed their fun must end, her comm went off.

"Don't answer it." Dyo pleaded, kissing into her neck. "We're having fun…"

"It could be my mom...or work…"

"Please."

The comm kept ringing,

"I'll be right back, promise."

Dyo grumbled giving Sin a squeeze before letting her go. Giving a wink she found a quiet corner of the club, a hard thing to do, and finally answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey Sin," it was her boss, the manager of the Pack and Rook. "Simon couldn't make it think you can take his shift? In about an hour?"

"I don't know."

"Come on, it's another full shift, right during late night rush."

It was a tempting offer, more money in her pocket bringing her closer to her goal. But, it was also cutting a night out with Dyo short. It had been weeks since they could hang out like this...but there'd be other opportunities for them to hang out right, he'd always be there.

"You were first on my list but…"

"I'll take it, I'll...I'll be there soon…"

"Cool, thanks for doing this."

"Yeah no problem." Taking a breath she made her way back onto the main floor. She found Dyo still at the bar, another empty shot glass in front of him.

"Who was it?"

"Work, they want me to come in."

"Come on, isn't there someone else?" He said holding her hands. "We're having fun."

"I know, I know babe, but, I could really use the extra money if I'm going to make it to Carratos before the end of the season."

"How about, I put some money in the jar huh?"

"No, I can't have you do that it's a trip for me, not us."

"I don't mind you've wanted this for a while."

"But, you could use it for yourself. And this is just...it's for me."

"Babe, let me help."

"No, I can't take your money this is my goal my dream."

"And I want to help. You think I don't want to see you happy."

"But, you should be happy and you need that money for your swoop, and getting into races. I can't take it for my selfish dream."

"Why are you making this so difficult?"

"I just don't want you to hurt your goals to help me."

"Isn't that what a relationship is Sin. Helping each other reach our goals."

"I know but...not just yet, I still want to do this on my own, you know, prove to mom that I can handle myself."

Dyo took a deep breath letting the tension fade a little from his shoulders.

"Alright, alright, just don't make this a habit ok?"

"It's just for this week, I promise, we'll hang out again I swear."

"Uh huh…" She gave him another kiss before heading back out.

The shift went by easy enough, and she was glad to have some more credits in her pocket which went straight into the Carratos fund.

That game day was both exhilarating and horrifying watching as Hurtle shattered his ankle. The injury hung over the game even as the Pirates racked up points on points. It was a much needed win but it sucked to have come at the cost of another player suffering an injury.

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik

I_am_Kooky and Trieste like this.
  10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus potential today for Bakura, Carratos, Mando'ade, and Ralltiir after a week where it seemed like love was (at least kind of) in the air. [face_love]

Week 4 results
    Carratos Pirates at Ralltiir Starkillers (7-18)
    Mando’ade Mercs at Bakura Miners (36-14)
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Geonosis Gangbusters (15-21)

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 @jcgoble3 @Runjedirun @The Jedi in the Pumas @Vehn

11. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for: Cloud City (28), Atzerri (28), Concordia (33) and Tatooine (28)

Skimmer Ade League Week 4
    Atzerri Bandits @ Tatooine Sandskimmers (11-18)
    Concordia Crusaders @ Cloud City Sky Captains (17-14)
    Druckenwell Marsmen @ Kamino Waves (22-19)

Tags: @galactic-vagabond422 @Bardan_Jusik @Trieste @Vehn

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
  12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Salis D’aar, Bakura

Vienna usually wasn’t impressed with anything to do with the Miners, but she had to hand it to Shay Dionne. She didn’t know many general managers who would willingly walk into the owner’s box while their team was getting hammered—especially when the greatest player in the team’s history was the one doing the hammering for the opposition.

And yet Dionne was mesmerizingly confident as she reclined in one of the box seats, one arm jauntily draped over the empty seat next to her.

“Miners look like they really could have used a first-round defender,” Nicholas said. From the smile on his face, Vienna could tell he was teasing Dionne more than he was angry with her. Everyone knew it was the same Mercs who were stomping the Miners who’d gotten that pick.

“I don’t care if four-time GCAA champion Mary Sue Palpatine Djarin Solo Skywalker had been available in the Draft,” Shay said flippantly. “There’s a learning curve in the ELL. Yeah, we lost one of the solid veterans in the league when Stephana retired, but Stephana wasn’t Stephana when she entered the League.”

“Helmdark doesn’t seem to be taking much time to adjust,” Trixie said. Like usual, she lobbed bombs into any conversation she was adjacent.

“I was not going to burn the second overall pick on a player who reasonably should have been available later in the Draft,” Dionne argued, “as high as I was on her. Should have known that Addison would have been too. She always did pay attention to the details.” She motioned to a droid for drink refill. “Even playing between Rose-Lynn and Danys it’s still going to take time to transition to the pro game.”

“Just take the players you want when they’re available. You should have known better than to trust HSN’s rankings for anything,” Vienna’s mom said in a huff.

“Awwww, have we gotten to the Bak10 pouting part of the afternoon?” Shay said, her mouth turned into an exaggerated frown. As a non-Bakuran, she had no special loyalty to the homeworld conference.

“Core World bias, like always,” Henrietta chimed in. “If they can’t beat us in the playoffs, they’ll keep us out of them all together.”

“Yeah, you just keep telling yourselves that,” Dionne said.

“I don’t know what any of you are talking about,” Nessa said. “Rankings look right to me.”

“No one wants to hear it, farm girl,” Fiona called over her shoulder. “But really, you’re not concerned at all about how the season’s going?” This last bit was sent back the general manager’s way.

“Hardly. Say we lose this game. We’re 2-2. Hardly reason to panic. There’s 6 games left. We run those? Playoffs. And from there we just need to play hard, earn a few lucky breaks and we’ve got our name on the Cup again.” Dionne shrugged as she took a swig from her topped off glass.

“And if everyone else runs those games on us?” Regan asked. The Chairwoman had been silent during the conversation. Vienna noticed how her fellow Tiarest Burgundy had watched the game unfolding below them with detachment as everyone around her had grilled Dionne. Until Declan took back the chairmanship, Regan was the only being in the box Shay had to please. She could fire the GM at any moment, though that would likely mean eating her salary.

Despite the power Regan held over her, Shay shrugged. “We’ll be back in three years.”

“Why do you say that?” Shenandoah asked with curiosity.

“Through the Draft alone, you can replace 60% of your starting lineup in a three-year period. That’s how long entry-level contracts run. Consider you’re choosing from the most talented players in the galaxy who are entering their physical prime, even a Porg randomly picking draftees can find at least a couple stars in there who you’ll resign, filling out some of the remaining 40%. Add in the blue-chips every roster has, pick up a few competent free agents?” Shay shrugged her shoulders. “If you’re not winning in the ELL, then you’re clearly just here for the tax breaks.”

“So why do we pay you instead of doing it ourselves?” Trixie asked with an arched eyebrow.

“Because when it comes to scouting talent, you’re no Porg,” Shay said without hesitation.

Vienna hid her laugh inside a hastily-contrived cough. Suddenly she hoped her Aunt Regan never got rid of Shay. She was Vienna’s new favorite part of the Miners.

When Vienna got back to her dorm room that evening, she found her roommate hunched over her terminal.

“Hey,” she said as she hung her coat in the closet.

“Hey,” her roommate replied absent-mindedly.

“Almost done?” Vienna asked.

“I wish,” she sighed. “I should have finished mine during the week like you.”

Vienna tilted her head in confusion. “What do you mean?”

“The Business Essentials midterm paper,” her roommate said, not turning around as she continued to type.

Vienna was in that class. “That’s due in a week,” Vienna said in confusion.

Now her roommate turned around. “It’s due tomorrow.”

“What?” Vienna exclaimed, opening up her calendar on her datapad. Sure enough there it was: Business paper due, tomorrow morning at 10:00 a.m. “Frak.” She nearly jumped into her chair, leaning to turn on her terminal as soon as she was seated.

“I’d say sorry, but I’m glad for the company,” her roommate said with a smile of sympathy. “Want some caf?”

“Yeah, sure,” Vienna said as she opened up the word processor program. She needed a topic she could fill five pages on. What was the prompt again? She opened the course site. Analyze a business and identify one way to improve its operations. That was so broad she could go a lot of ways with it. If she wasn’t careful she’d dither too much time trying to come up with the topic and not have enough time to write. What was something right in front of her she could use?

Her datapad? She didn’t know enough about that to write five pages on it, not without substantial research and she didn’t have time for that.

Caf? How could you improve caf?

She needed something she knew a lot about. What kind of business did she know inside and out?

“Oh kriff,” Vienna said.

“Not sure what to write on? I’m doing Star Tours,” her roommate said, guessing what was on Vienna’s mind. “I know it’s not the best, but they could really upgrade their pilot droids.”

“No, I know exactly what I’m writing about. I just wish I had something else,” Vienna mumbled as she started typing.

This was going to be a long night.

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @Vehn

Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  13. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    BBC Sports headlines
    • Bakura is aghast at the Bak10 being shut out of the HSN Top 25 rankings.
    • Bak10 Commissioner Kerry Trieste: "While our preseason leaders have faltered, there is still a lot of talent in the conference. I expect HSN will recognize this as the season evolves."
      • When asked what teams she thought could make it into the top 25: "Our best teams will work their way up the rankings, I'm sure."
      • When asked who those teams are: "Our standings are tight right now. No one's stood out head and shoulders above the others."
    • BBC Sports analyst Horst Penn: "The Commissioner has a point. It's like my bag of Gummy Ewoks. I have a lot of red ones and they're objectively good. But there are also a lot of yellow ones and green ones, which are also good. It's hard to know who's winning the battle inside the bag to be the best Gummy Ewok. Until I eat more Gummy Ewoks, which helps matters."
      • Other BBC analysts: "Shockingly, that's not a terrible metaphor."
    • A HoloNet petition started by Bak10 fans asks for Republican investigation into HSN rankings.
      • Petition spokesperson: "Most colleges with limmie programs are public universities, supported by taxpayers. Their fate is being influenced by a private corporation, with real effects on what happens to these teams. There's definitely a rationale for a better system."
      • Salis D'aar District Attorney Trixie Penn: "That's laughable. College limmie is pangalactic. The Republic doesn't have jurisdiction over everywhere the sport is played. They have no standing to regulate rankings. Also, if you're quoting me you have to pay me what Horst gets. You don't get two Penns for one."
      • The office of Galactic Senator for the Bakura Sector and Miners owner Declan Trieste said the Senator has no intention of proposing any legislation on the topic.
    • Miners player Harle Quinn: "Really? You're gonna to quote me? COOL!"
      • "...oh I actually don't have any opinion about college rankin's."
      • "How about ya ask me a question about somethin' I know somethin' about? Like how no one's paid any attention to me recently? What's a lady gotta do to get a little screen time around here? Sheesh."
    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a sunny and warm victory afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the reigning Galactic Cup Champion Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz over on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

"Let's go!"

"Let's go indeed, as the Mercs win 36 to 14 over the Bakura Miners..."

"Whose fans seemed to ant Coach Kirt to go from the Mercs back to Bakura."

"Can you blame them?"

"No."

"She gave the Bak10 a college bolo ball title there in her last season with with UBCS, then won a Galactic Cup in her first year as head coach of the Mercs."

"All she does is win, win, win..."

"No matter what."

"And those fans out on Bakura know it."

"All the signs the fans came up with were great."

"My favorite was 'So Ala-one without you.'"

"Yeah that one was pretty good."

"Better than 'Don't be a buckethead, come home.'"

"Yeah doubt the locals here appreciated that one much."

"Of course there was 'We've been cross since you've glen gone...'"

"I really liked that one."

"You would."

"...and 'You've got be Kirting me, win us a Cup again.'"

"There were a couple of college themed ones I saw too...'

"Fitting given the current state of the Bak10."

"...like 'Blue birds always return to the nest and 'Blue Bird Championship Sequel?'"

"With the first letters capitalized and in Blue Bird Blue to spell out BBCS for the BBC Sports, yeah that was well thought out."

"I didn't get the 'AGK-47 destroys the meatbags' one..."

"That one goes back a ways, must have been before your time."

"How about the valentine to Coach Kirt..."

"Oh the 'Will you be Miners Alana?', that was classic."

"Wait do we have valentines here in the GFFA??"

"No, the best was 'Don't Leigh-ve us hanging with a Pirate.'"

"That one was pretty on point especially since the big win was due to Coach Kirt out Alanaing Coach Leigh Cavanaugh who was trying to out Alana her..."

"Never try to out Alana an Alana."

"...as the Mercs played with their middies up with the forwards in what has become a standard formation now for them, one the rest of the league will likely get a steady dose of with the season ending injury to Hurtal."

"Yeah that formation is going to get a lot of play with Hurtle out, forwards needed the extra boost from the middies and they got it this weekend for sure."

"Of course Wren and Gynd played just fine in his absence."

"They did, they did but you're not truly able to replace someone with that kind of talent, but with the added help from the middies they did fine."

"Mercs put up 36, second time this season they have put up over 30..."

"To go along with a 28 point performance in week two."

"Only loss was the shutdown in which they managed just a single bar point last week to the Pirates..."

"Who I still hate..."

"That makes the Mercs three and one on the young season now, tied there at the top of the standings..."

"Way too early for scoreboard watching."

"Especially with the round robin schedule."

"Yeah we play the Miners again next week, and you know they have just one thing on their mind."

"Bringing back Alana Kirt?"

"Besides that."

"Oh yeah...revenge."

TAG: @Trieste who had the good graces to come up with all those sign ideas. Thanks very much, those were great!

15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"Five weeks into the college bolo ball season and finally last season's champion Rovers are finally knocked off as Chandrilla A&M falls in what was a wild weekend for teams across the galaxy..."

"Three of the top five lost..."

"At least Citadel kept it close."

"This is going to throw the rankings into chaos."

"Of course chaos is a ladder as some would say, as look for the warriors of Keldabe Military Institute to be climbing..."

"Should be number one with U of Tatooine coming in at two."

"Rest of the top ten should all move up here too."

"I don't see the Rovers falling all that far though, certainly no farther than three."

"ICB might fall out of the top ten though, that was a bad loss by number five to number 20 Concord War College."

"Yeah look for the Dawn Treaders to move onto the bubble here as we near the end of the season."

"Speaking of bubble teams, what happened to your StarBucks?"

"Can we not?"

"They got creamed by GVSU in 'the game'."

"Yeah, yeah, I know."

"Totally out of the playoff picture now."

"Shab I'd be happy if they still wind up ranked after that debacle."

"You sound like @Trieste about the Bak10." :p

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

HSN Top 25 after Week Five (LW)

1. Keldabe Military Institute (3)
    2. University of Tatooine (4)
    3. Citadel University of Anaxes (2)
    4. Chandrila A&M University (1)
    5. Enarch Technical University (7)
    6. University of Zeltros (8)
    7. Brask Yashuvhi University, Csilla (6)
    8. Ralltiir University (10)
    9. Coruscant Polytechnic Institute (9)
    10. Imperial College of Bastion (5)
    11. University of Mon Calamari (11)
    12. University of Denon, Eastlake (12)
    13. University of Kuat (13)
    14. Consortium Technical School (14)
    15. Ackbar Air Fleet College, Dac (18)
    16. Concord War College (20)
    17. University of Zeltros, Paradise (15)
    18. Albanin-Baxel Defense Academy, Clantaano III (17)
    19. Laswell College of the Sciences (25)
    20. Grand Vulpter System University (23)
    21. Royal College of Hapes (16)
    22. University of Tatooine, Anchorhead (NR)
    23. Taanab A&M University (NR)
    24. Geonosis Central College (NR)
    25. Level 1313 Technical School (19)

Dropped out: The Ord Sabaok University, Bilbringi University, University of Agamar

Trieste likes this.
  16. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC Louise Till

The Pirates game was a lot of fun. We managed to keep them to 7 points. Seeing the look of frustration on an offensive player is what I live for on the Limmie field. Now I just need to find something to live for off the Limmie field. The date with James went so well. Now I have about one day to schedule another one before it's time to leave for Nar Shaddaa. Luckily I don't have to pack or anything. I keep a bag packed during the season. I have three of every necessity. One for my stadium locker, one for home and one for my travel bag. Things like hair brushes, tooth brushed, deodorant. I have three of each. It saves so much time and prevents me from being somewhere without something I need. So I rush home to message James and ask how he liked the game. I could have done it in the locker room. But somehow I am too nervous a teammate will see me and ask what I'm doing. I am not ready for that yet. This might not work out.

And it doesn't. James doesn't message me back. Well not immediately like I was expecting. And he says he had a great time. When he finally messages me over a day later. Why did you take so long to respond? I demand back. I for sure thought the guy didn't enjoy our date as much as he said. I was beginning to wonder if he even went to our game. He ruined my day off. I am fuming. I waited all day for his response.

Sorry, I like you so much. I didn't know what to say. Nerves.

It's a lame excuse. I don't know what to do. So I wait a day. I go to practice. Take out my anger on our offense and then I message James back.

You want to meet up again, or what?

I'm pretty sure my bio said I was tough strait forward kinda girl.

This time I get a reply right away. Sure.

I tell him to meet me at the stadium after practice. We can't grab a bite too close, because everyone in those establishments knows the team too well. Those people will hound me or stare. But we can walk to a more quiet part of the city and grab a bite. It works out pretty good too. James knows the city. He walks us about a mile to a place he likes. It's a burger joint and I try their plant based meat. It's really good, one of those that uses a red vegetable to make the meat "bleed" when you bite into it. James gets real meat. I prefer he doesn't follow me, just for the sake of following me. We eat outside on the sidewalk at a table with the noise of the city in the background. I almost never get to go out and do normal things. I love every moment of it.

When I get home my mom asks where I've been and if I had dinner. I want to tell her so bad about James. My mom's had a rough time since my dad died. She hasn't dated at all. Besides this thing with James is brand new. We still haven't even kissed. So I tell her I went out with my cousins. It's a lie I am sure she will see through. I hate my cousins. They aren't even my cousins, they are my nieces and nephews, but it makes more sense to call them my cousins since they are my age. My mom knows I'm lying, but she doesn't bother to say so. She just gives me one of her looks and says she hopes I had a good meal.

I had a great meal, I tell her. It's nice to be truthful about something. On the shuttle as we fly to Nar Shaddaa I text with James. We finally exchanged data pad numbers so we don't have to use that dating service message thing anymore. I don't put his first or last name in there, in case someone finds my data pad and somehow gets into it. I just put his first initials. I use a layer of protection in everything I do. I kinda hate it, but when your me your guard is always up.

That's a good thing, being a defense player, my guard always needs to be up. I bark orders as usual to my teammates in the locker room on Nar Shaddaa. That's how I maintain my status of Team Captain. I try to add my usual bite to my snarkiness. This is a hostile place to play for visitors. Plus there's this dumb trophy the losers take home. I don't want to lose today. It's amazing all week I was consumed with thoughts of James and how things were going in my life off the field. Here in this moment as I walk out of the tunnel, all that is forgotten. I just want to do my job and win this game.

Tag: @Vehn

Vehn and Trieste like this.
  17. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Sinee Traivut
    Bakura

After the extra shift, and a few more shifts after that she flopped on the couch. She was tried, and burnt out all she wanted to do was sit down and watch the game. The door chimed and she looked towards it then to Dyo in the kitchen.

"Hey you think…"

"Yeah sure…" It opened finding Korren and Mairlenn on the other side. "Uh hey guys." Dyo said, it was their habit now, coming over to watch limmie. Usually Sin had more energy to run around and play hostess but, after a week of extra shifts and another week ahead of her, she just had no energy.

Dyo sat next to her as she rested her head on her arm, his arm wrapped around her holding her close. Slowly her head moved from her arm to her lover's chest. It was nice feeling the warmth of Dyo around her, her head moving up and down with his chest. It was calming, relaxing and she needed to relax for a bit.

Looking down she saw Korren sitting on the floor holding Mairlenn's hand. Seems it was his turn to be the odd man out...or in this case, even man out. She should really invest in a chair or something for someone to sit on when the couch was full up. Though that was a later problem. Right now she was just going to settle in and watch the game.

It started off well enough, Iris was getting back on form which had been lacking for a bit. Looked like her shoulder was still giving her issues. This was supposed to come back healed and ready to play, but this hasn't been the start they needed. At this rate they wouldn't make the playoffs again.

The calls for Cunderol to be fired were growing louder and louder. They'd only made it to the playoffs what twice, in his tenure? It wasn't a good look.

The Pirates started off strong but, quickly fell off. Sin tried to muster up some enthusiasm getting to her feet when Iris was making a break for the goal but, it was for nought. The Pirates slipped further and further away from victory. And Sin felt more and more tired.

As the game was winding down, and so was she Dyo moved.

"Hey babe, just going to get more dip." He said gently shifting her to the arm of the couch. As he made his way the three steps to the 'kitchen' he heard Mairlenn behind him.

"Getting another drink." She gave Korren's hand a squeeze.

Dyo opened the fridge grabbing another jar of dip and turned around into the devarionian woman. Their eyes met and his heart beat faster. Ever since he first met her he couldn't help feeling an instant connection. She stepped forward leaving no room between them, though in the small space there was never much room to begin with. On the couch shoved together they were always in contact, and it was both a great and terrible thing.

She let out a breath her chest rising a falling drawing his attention. The tension rose and rose between them. Their significant others were just behind them, eyes glued to the holo as the Pirates made a late game rally. Dyo's eyes met hers and they didn't break away. His hands shook and his stomach dropped.

They held for just another moment and gave in.

She wrapped her arms around his neck as he pressed his lips against hers. She pressed back just as hard pressing him against the fridge. They kissed again, and again losing themselves in the moment before the glass bottles on top of the fridge rattled sending a jolt through both of them.

They broke the kiss looking into each other's eyes…

They knew what they had done, but strangely it didn't feel, completely wrong, but it wasn't completely right either…

It was an odd middle ground…

And both of them knew they couldn't stay there...no matter how much they wanted to.

TAG: @Runjedirun

Vehn, I_am_Kooky and Trieste like this.
  18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Vehn likes this.
  19. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for: Cloud City (28), Atzerri (28), Concordia (28) and Tatooine (28)

Skimmer Ade League Week 5
    Tatooine Sandskimmers @ Druckenwell Marksmen (19-10)
    Kamino Waves @ Atzerri Bandits (25-23)
    Cloud City Sky Captains @ Concordia Crusaders (6-22)

Tags:
    @Vehn @galactic-vagabond422 @Trieste @Bardan_Jusik

Trieste likes this.
  20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Salis D’aar, Bakura

“Have a moment for a question, professor?” Vienna asked, poking her head into the officer of the lab’s lead researcher.

“Of course, come in,” the professor said, motioning with one hand. “Something puzzling you?”

“You could say that,” Vienna allowed as she took a seat before the cluttered desk. “It’s something I noticed doing the work.”

“I find its important to pay attention to your intuition. That’s usually something worthy of study. Maybe a senior project of your own, or grad studies?” the professor suggested.

“It’s not exactly a research question. It’s just…” Vienna wasn’t sure how to say this. “Why are all the specimens in the lab Human?” she blurted as politely as she could.

“It’s a reflection of the population,” the professor said. “We can help the most Bakurans through improved organ regeneration techniques.”

“But there are plenty of Bakurans who aren’t Human.”

“Unfortunately, they’re scattered across a spectrum of species. Even the largest among them barely rises to half a percent of the total population.”

“I don’t think that’s completely accurate,” Vienna said. She was a little nervous to make this point. “The Kurtzen are the largest species after Humans on Bakura and their numbers have been growing since they returned to the planet. There’s surely enough of them to warrant developing treatments for them.”

“True,” the professor agreed. “Right now there are no organ replacement therapies tailored for Kurtzen. Even if they’re the largest group, there’s just no funding to pursue research into organ replacement for them.”

“So it’s a funding issue?” Vienna asked.

“Most of our funding comes from the federal government. Thus far their medical research grants is for Humans. Until the Senate decides to endow funds for non-Human medical research, we’re just not going to have the credits to do it,” the professor said with regret. “And with the Unionists running things, I don’t expect that’ll change anytime soon.”

“If there was funding, would you want to research Kurtzen organ replacement and regeneration?”

“Honestly? It’s a worthy project, but it’s outside my area of expertise. I’m a Human biologist. However, some of my colleagues in the department might be interested in it.”

Vienna nodded. “Thank you. Sorry I took up so much of your time.”

“No apology needed. Anything for a fellow woman of science,” the professor said kindly.

Vienna smiled and departed with much on her mind.

Vienna had pled coursework as her excuse to not go all the way to Mandalore for the Miners’ game. While the excuse wouldn’t work for the “just a few hours” a home game entailed (even though it invariably took at least five hours out of her Primeday when spent in the company of her parents what with arriving early to see everyone, the game itself, and transit time), even her mom had to concede that blowing three or four days crossing the galaxy would get in the way of her studies.

Not that she was studying right now.

Vienna was laying upside-down on her dorm room bed, feet on her pillow and head on the mattress. She’d gone with her friends to Tiarest’s home game day earlier in the day. It had been unseasonably sunny and she’d felt like melting (much like the Tiarest defense, its preseason promise long gone). It was cool inside and she just wanted to close her eyes and enjoy it.

Her datapad buzzed. Vienna decided to ignore it. She’d look at it later.

It buzzed again. Probably just one of her friends who didn’t know how to use the return button in the keyboard and made every paragraph a sentence. She had a few of those.

It buzzed again. Definitely one of those friends.

It buzzed again. And again. And again.

Vienna sighed, sat up, and leaned forward to get her datapad from the bedside desk.

Vienna opened the link, suddenly feeling anxious. That didn’t sound like regular Corrine.

PITCH-PERFECT PRINCESS
    Chume’da took in the ELL Draft—C-Bucs back to the ELL?

Beneath was a phot of Corrine laughing in her seat at the draft hall—with Vienna smiling next to her. Vienna’s gut clenched. This was what they’d been trying to avoid.

Chume’da Corrine was incognito at the ELL Draft earlier this year, evaluating the best limmie players in the galaxy. Though her schedule said she was relaxing at the royal retreat on Rboella, in reality she was eating nachos and watching the galaxy’s top limmie teams selected their future stars.

Many royal observers wonder whether this is a prelude to the royal-owned Hapes Consortium Buccaneers returning to Elite League Limmie after a considerable absence. Inside reports say the idea has been floated in the Ministry of Sport and Culture. “Right now ELL stands for Exclusive Limmie Limited,” a source close to the conversations said. “Commissioner Lokensgaard kicked teams out of the League this year instead of bringing new ones in. The Buccaneers would need some friends on the Board of Governors to make it back.”

A high-ranking official in Sport and Culture claims that they could find them. The House of Trieste has historic, if distant, ties to the Nar Shaddaa Smuggler organization through marriage. Former Supreme Chancellor Kerry Trieste, aunt to the Queen Mother, is not only the most visible and outspoken collegiate limmie commissioner, but has repeatedly been linked romantically to the
    Manda’lor, who could easily influence that team to vote in the Bucs’ favor.

Many believe the
    chume’da was at the Draft as part of a grand strategy to promote the Buccaneers’ cause. The chume’da spent the draft with her second cousin, Vienna Harlow, a member of the inside circle of Triestes who own the Bakura Miners.

“Corrine was engaging a charm offensive on behalf of the C-Bucs, making sure the Miners are on their side,” a palace insider told us. “Keeping the negotiations unofficial until the Queen Mother has a majority of Governors behind the C-Bucs’ bid prevents anyone from undermining their momentum.”

Vienna stopped reading and went back to the message chain.
    Vienna deleted what she’d typed. That wasn’t true.
    That would definitely count as obsessive. It had been years ago that they’d first met on Malastare. For someone to pull up that image and make the connection now would have taken a lot of work.
    Vienna smiled.
    Vienna’s fingers hovered over her datapad. She wanted to type back And what would you know about that, princess? but she knew there were parts of Corrine’s life that weren’t safe. Corrine had been taught what to do in a kidnapping before she’d learned to read. Even if Corrine was always bright and sunny with her, Vienna suspected that she lived with constant, deep worries.
    Vienna knew from experience that this conversation was going to go on for a while. That was OK. Time spent with Corrine, even if only in text format, was time well spent.

TAG:
    @Bardan_Jusik @Vehn

21. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a sunny and warm victory afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the reigning Galactic Cup Champion Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz over on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today!"

"That was a close one!"

"Yes it was, yes it was."

"Whew."

"Much closer than I thought it was going to be, but the Mercs did finally prevail 21 to 17 over the visiting Bakura Miners in a game that could have gone either way right up into the last minute."

"Yeah, it looked like the Miners had the Mercs figured out there..."

"That's a lot of minutes to play back to back against the same team..."

"The same scheme."

"...and yeah it looked like their own game plan this week was much better suited to the coach Kirt's game plan this week."

"Much closer game but the Mercs still managed to pull off the victory..."

"I think in this one the difference wasn't necessarily in coaching but the talent divide between these two teams."

"Yeah, probably not a popular opinion out on Bakura, but the results speak for themselves."

"Just saying I think they could have really used someone like a Ghall, who played great down the stretch of this game by the way, anchoring that defense. They could have had him..."

"Or just about any other talent."

"...there at number two in the draft, but elected instead to trade down and the Mercs front officer took advantage."

"Not sure you're just saying that because the Mercs front office is led by your cousin."

"Possibly."

"Hah."

"Fact remains though that the Miners traded out of that spot and at least here that may have contributed to their loss."

"However you slice it, a win is a win and the Mercs win here again as they go to four and one on the season, halfway through the campaign and they are sitting there tied for first."

"Yeah Gangbusters playing well and also sitting at four and one while the Strugglers are sitting just behind the Mercs in the last playoff spot at three and two..."

"And the Mercs play them next in back to back week."

"Also have to face the Gangbusters twice yet with a game against the Pirates..."

"I still hate them."

"They always play us tough."

"...in there as well."

"Makes for a nightmare schedule here for the second half of the season."

"It does, it does, but if there is any coach that can navigate these tough waters, it's Alana Kirt."

TAG: @Trieste

OOC: I was going to include a gag here with a bunch of signs from the Mercs fans to counterpoint the Miner's ones from last week, but I couldn't come up with anything near as good as what Trieste did so I dropped it.

Trieste likes this.
  22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"Just one more week to the college bolo ball regular season and it looks like things in the top ten have settled down as they all took home wins this weekend..."

"Except CorTech, they lost to my Bucks!"

"Think it's enough to get Ord Sabaok..."

"The!"

"...back into the top 25?"

"I hope so!"

"While further down the rankings number 22 University of Tatooine, Anchorhead's big win might put them on a bubble for a playoff spot...'

"It will be close, but they would have to jump too many other good teams that also won. Ackbar Air Fleet College, Concord War College..."

"They all played close games though."

"University of Zeltros Paradise City..."

"Where the girls are pretty."

"...Albanin-Baxel Defense Academy..."

"...Laswell College, GVSU..."

"OK, you can stop now."

HSN Top 25 after Week Six (LW)

1. Keldabe Military Institute (1)
    2. University of Tatooine (2)
    3. Citadel University of Anaxes (3)
    4. Chandrila A&M University (4)
    5. Enarch Technical University (5)
    6. University of Zeltros (6)
    7. Brask Yashuvhi University, Csilla (7)
    8. Ralltiir University (8)
    9. University of Kuat (13)
    10. Imperial College of Bastion (10)
    11. University of Mon Calamari (11)
    12. University of Denon, Eastlake (12)
    13. Coruscant Polytechnic Institute (9)
    14. Consortium Technical School (14)
    15. University of Tatooine, Anchorhead (22)
    16. Ackbar Air Fleet College, Dac (16)
    17. Concord War College (17)
    18. University of Zeltros, Paradise (18)
    19. Albanin-Baxel Defense Academy, Clantaano III (19)
    20. Laswell College of the Sciences (20)
    21. Grand Vulpter System University (21)
    22. Royal College of Hapes (22)
    23. Taanab A&M University (23)
    24. Sanctuary Moon University, Endor (NR)
    25. University of Csilla (NR)

Dropped out: Geonosis Central College, Level 1313 Technical School

23. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Sinee Traivut
    Bakura

Great, just great, the one time she takes a shift on game day and the Pirates just had to make things interesting. Why did she think that she could get away with bailing on the game party? It wouldn't be an interesting game, the Pirates are on a losing streak, they're not making the playoffs. How could she talk herself into this? Then there was ditching Dyo, Korren and Mairlenn to watch the game without her. Dyo was really looking forward to this, to hanging out. She was too, with her taking more shifts they hadn't had time to hang out like they used to. But how could she say no, she was over halfway to her ticket, a few more good nights working and she would finally have enough.

With her goal so close some sacrifices had to be made right?

Though right now she was sacrificing some of her attention to look with one eye at the game playing on her datapad, conveniently hidden under the bar where only she could see it. The patrons likely wouldn't have approved of her turning the game on the big screen so this would have to do. Wouldn't be the first time but, with the action heating up and the Pirates and Busters going back and forth she couldn't help but get lost every now and again.

"Excuse me?" a parton asked getting her attention. When had they gotten there, how long were they waiting?

"Yes what can I get you?"

"Lomin Ale."

"Tap or Bottle."

"Tap,"

"Got it…" She pulled up a glass and started to fill it. Her gaze shifted over to the datapad just for a moment but it was a moment too long as she turned her attention back to the glass seeing it nearly too full. Quickly she slammed in closed almost holding her breath hoping that the carbonation didn't spill…

And it didn't, crisis averted.

Gently she set it down with a smile.

"There you go…"

The patron, noticing that it was nearly spilling, tottered carefully towards their seat, their eyes never really leaving the pint in front of them.

Not the best start. Her eyes turn back to the game again as Iris charged down the side going for the goal. The Hero of the Pirates juked to the outside to get some separation. With miles of space she drove straight for the net…

"Hey," A voice called out drawing her gaze again. "Can I get a whisky?"

"Yeah," With an eye on the game she grabbed a bottle down from the shelf and poured it into the shot glass. Sliding it toward the twi'lek.

"Sorry I think this is wrong."

"What?" She looked and found a clear liquor in the glass. "Oh…" She dumped the clear alcohol into the sink and actually looked at the shelf and pulled down a bottle of whisky. "Sorry about that." Finishing washing out the glass she put the requested alcohol into it and slid it to the patron. He arched his brow a little and moved on.

Sin smiled weakly as he walked away her eyes glancing over towards the game. It was still close still too close. The Pirates could still pull it out, the forwards were rushing towards the 'Buster's zone. They could put this game away, finally get another win, start a sprint towards the end. Maybe finally get out of the basement of the league. It was so close Dell was calling for a pass getting open with bags of space. They can make it they can make it.

Her eyes were glued to the screen watching as the Pirates got so close to the goal but were stopped once again. Though that wasn't the end of it, the forwards were harassing the defense desperate to try and get another shot. It could change everything, a turn around could be close but they had to fight to get it.

Iris got a hand on the ball knocking it up and leaving it for the midfielders to pick up. Lychosik got under it snatching it out of the air and tossed it back into the offensive zone. Was this the moment was this the time everything changed…

"Sin…" A voice echoed in her ear far too close. She jumped a little finding her co-worker right next to her an annoyed look on her face. "We've got a line up." Sin looked out to the bar finding more than a few cross faces and crossed arms.

"Oh...Sorry." She tore her eyes away from the game and rushed around the bar grabbing down bottle after bottle, pulling ale after ale. Business picked up as it should have as the Miner's game was about to start. With a smile on her face she got to each order in turn slinging drinks as fast as she could. There wasn't time to really talk with anyone and right now they seemed more perturbed at having to wait for their drinks, which was fair. Her mind was on the game and not on her work.

And she needed this work and what tips she could get to actually see a game with her own two eyes. The crash of beings that came to the bar was dealt with and in that lull her gaze once more fell on the distracting song of the Pirates game that was entering the final stretch.

Her coworker gave her a look of annoyance and Sin felt a little shame in her heart as she rested her hand on the datapad. Just as she was about to close the stream of the game she saw a message from Dyo.

See you when you get home?

She looked away, and to the crowd that was in the bar. It looked like a long night.

Don't wait up, looks like a it's going to be a long night

She felt a little bad for telling him not to wait for her. She would have really liked to hang out with him later.

She'd make it up to him….

TAG: @The Jedi in the Pumas

I_am_Kooky, Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  24. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC Louise Till

It’s a brutal time in the season. We suck, we just landed from a road game and we will be leaving for another road game in just a few days. I have less than a day off, all I want to do is sleep and James is suggesting, get this, a picnic in the park. I have never been on a picnic.

Let’s just go to a restaurant, I suggest in a text.

I’m kinda broke. Comes the reply.

Now I could offer to pay, but this guy is being honest. Maybe sitting on the ground to eat isn’t as bad as it sounds. And if it is, I can just make up an excuse to leave early. OK, a picnic. I text back.

I show up at this park, which wasn’t easy to get to, I had to hire one of those ride shares. James told me to meet him at the Lightball fields so that’s where I’m dropped off. There’s kids on one field, teens on another, some seniors on another field. I’m watching the seniors, I didn’t know old people played Lightball. Their game is different though, slower, and over half the players have braces on their knees. I feel a tap on my shoulder and I jump.

James laughs, “Good game?” He asks.

“I didn’t know old people played Lightball,” I explain.

“Come on,” James says. He’s carrying two grocery bags and he gestures me to follow him down a path away from the fields. I’m surprised to find a picnic area with tables at the end of the path. There’s a lake, beings are fishing and paddling boats. I’ve seen this in holos, but I’ve never been anywhere like this. My mom hates the outdoors and the rest of my family is too busy to include me in whatever outings they go on.

The table is filthy. Dirt is on the table, leaves, bird poop, I’m not hungry. James doesn’t seem to notice as he pulls the items he brought out of his grocery bags and sets them on the table. “Do you drink pop?” James says pulling out a few cans of soda.

“I’ve tried it a few times,” I say.

“Well I brought water in case,” James pulls out a water bottle like one of the ones we’d have on the sidelines at a game. Tap water. He brought tap water. He can’t even afford a bottle of water?

“I’ll try one of these,” I say reaching for the soda. I pop the top and fill my mouth with the bubbly substance. I always forget how bubbly it is. I try to swallow and when I get it all down my mouth is left dry. How is this a drink? It leaves you more thirsty than before you started.

James laughs. I know why, I probably have a sour face. “I told you I haven’t had soda much. What did you call it?”

“Pop,” he reminds me.

James opens a loaf of bread and pulls out some lunch meat. He also has a half used jar of nut butter. “I brought this in case you don’t want meat.” He says.

So my choices are disgusting little thin meat slices, that are processed. Or a nut butter that’s been used by at least one other person. “Who do you live with?” I ask.

James looks at me. “I have three roommates. Who all don’t even believe you exist, by the way.” James says as he spreads mustard on his bread. I notice the mustard has been used too.

“I haven’t even told my mom I’m dating,” I say as if I’m trying to one up him.

I grab a piece of bread and take a bite. A dry piece of bread, because I don’t know who’s knife has been in that nut butter or if the knife was clean.

“You just gonna eat that bread dry? And how come you don’t tell your mom you are going on dates?”

“I don’t want my mom to worry. Or get in my business.” I admit.

“You sure you don’t want some spread on that?” James watches nearly in amazement as I eat my plain bread.

“I don’t know who’s eaten out of that jar,” I ain’t gonna hide why I think this is so awkward.

James shrugs, “Fair enough.” He continues eating. I watch some kids paddle a boat in a circle. I don’t think they can figure out how to make the boat do anything but circle. I wonder how long they are going to be stuck out in the lake. I start to wonder where their parents are. “Do you like me?” James asks.

“Yea,” I blurt out.

“When do you think I can meet your mom? Or just tell my roommates who you are? Because it’s getting hard telling people that I have a girl, that I really like, but not telling them who you are.”

“You want to meet my mom?” I ask.

James nods.

“How did you get here?” I ask.

“I borrowed one my roommates’ speeders.” James says.

“Okay, well if you really, really want to meet my mom let’s go meet her.”

“Really? I mean don’t you want to eat first?”

“Not really,” I say looking at the sad selection of groceries, and trying not to look at the bird poop on the table.

James quickly finishes off his sandwich and begins to pack up the food. “Okay, let’s go.” He declares.

We walk back up the path to the lightball fields and he leads me to a speeder. It’s a little beat up, kinda cheap looking, but I have seen worse. We get in and strap our safety belts. I pull out my data pad and enter my address. I press start and a voice tells us to head for the exit to the park. We ride in silence for a bit. “Here we go,” James says as we take another left turn, “Towards the richy area.” I can hear James take a deep breath. He’s nervous. I’m nervous too. But I hate to put things off. If James wants to meet my mom. Let’s do this.

The first thing you see when you pull into my driveway is my brother’s house. It’s huge, big as a small high school or shopping complex. James whistles under his breath. “I live back behind that house,” I try to explain. The house my mom and I live in his two stories. Only five bedrooms. It looks small because we live on this block with the most successful people in all of Cambrielle, all of Ralltiir, maybe.

“Oh, this is much better,” James says sarcastically. But he doesn’t hesitate after he powers down the engine he releases his safety belt and gets out of the speeder. I quickly do the same and lead him inside.

“Mom,” I say as I enter the house. My mom is right in the kitchen.

“Where you been?” She asks.

I open the door and reveal James. “Mom, this is James. He wanted to meet you. James this is my mom. Madelyn Wakes.”

My mom looks at me. Then she looks at James. She gets up and walks down the hall towards us. “Hi James, I’m Louise’s mother.” She says putting her hand forward.

James takes her hand. They shake. James is speechless.

“James and I went for a picnic at the park.” I say. “What park was that?” I ask James.

“Simple Lake Park,” James reminds me.

“You went to meet a boy at a park, for a picnic and you didn’t tell me?” My mom asks.

“It’s the 3rd time I’ve met this boy without telling you,” I am a straightforward girl.

James is looking more and more like he doesn’t want to be here. “James is nice. Or I wouldn’t even be telling you about him now. I wouldn’t bring him here if I didn’t want you to meet him.” I continue. “James you wanted to meet my mom. You want some real food?” I ask.

“I thought you were on a picnic?” My mom says.

I roll my eyes. And walk towards the kitchen. James stays back by the entrance. “Come on,” I holler back towards him. I grab a jar of nut butter out of our pantry.

James has made his way down the hallway and he’s behind me now. “Yo, that’s a fancy jar of nut butter. None of this food is normal food,” he says picking up a jar of pickles. He examines the jar.

James doesn’t look very comfortable at my house, but he stays and we eat. My mom hangs out in the kitchen with us. I walk James out to the speeder and he thanks me for letting him come over. “Now when you gonna meet my roommates?” he asks.

“Next week, I guess.” I say with a shrug.

“Okay,” James starts to get in the speeder. Then he quickly and unexpectedly gives me an almost unnoticeable teeny tiny kiss on the cheek.

“You can do better than that.” I say. And James finally kisses me. My first real kiss. Inside I’m celebrating like a teenager in a holo. Outside I’m acting like this has happened a hundred times. I just don’t know how to show my emotions.

James flies away and I go back inside. My mom asks questions, but I just head up to my room. I want to be alone.

Tag: @ nobody

jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.