main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite League Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    IC: Marte Nalo

Time: 1430, Friday before home game against Miners

"I honestly don't know. I've heard rumors that a retractable roof may be installed next offseason, but I haven't been able to determine if there's any veracity to that. All I know is that when I was hired as head coach back in 250, the limmie season was in the dead of winter. I was glad when I was able to say goodbye to the snow five years later.

"Last question: After the poor performance by not only you, but the entire Miners squad last season, do you feel like you have something to prove this season? Or are you and the team approaching it as just another season?"

TAG: Trieste

2. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Alana Glencross
    HSN studios, Eusebus, Euceron

The captain didn't even hesitate. "Absolutely we have something to prove. Some people talk about 'the Big Three' in the Elite League: Bakura, Coruscant, Nar Shaddaa. Now, I know that idea probably doesn't sit well in some places like here on Euceron. And let's face it: Coruscant's won two Cups in the last eight years. Nar Shaddaa's got a championship. The Miners haven't even played in a Final. Damn right we have something to prove," Alana said, "But let's be honest, I think every team's got something to prove every time they hit the field."

Tag: jc

3. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010

Time: 1431, Friday before home game against Miners

Marte nodded. The interview had gone well; he had gotten most of the answers he was looking for. "Indeed." Marte stood up and subtly motioned the Miners captain to do the same. "Thank you for your time, Miss Glencross. I look forward to seeing you on the field Sunday." He held out his hand for a handshake.

TAG: Trieste

4. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    HSN studios, Eusebus, Euceron

Alana stood, smiled, and shook Marte's hand. "A pleasure," she said, "and best of luck to you guys this season."

5. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010

Time: 1431, Friday before home game against Miners

"And good luck to you too."

The director called "cut" and signaled for both to leave. Marte left the room, clocked out, and left, noting that the snow was now falling sideways. When he arrived home, he found Tendra and Jado already home.

"School was dismissed early due to the weather," his wife told him.

"Ah. Can we hold off on the grocery run till the weather improves? I hear it's supposed to be in the teens Tuesday."

"I think we can do that."

"Good."

"How'd the interview go?"

"Pretty good. You'll see it on the pre-game show Sunday. I'm going to take a nap."

"I'll make sure the kids don't get too loud."

"OK." Marte padded up the stairs to the master bedroom. He refused to install a turbolift; after all, stairs made for good exercise. He flopped down on the bed, kicked off his shoes, and drifted off to sleep.

6. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    IC: Commissioner Agado
    Premier Limmie League Headquarters
    The offseason for the PLL Commissioner was anything but dull. It had all started out shortly after the Premiership Playoffs had concluded. He decided that after the success of the past season that he would go and visit not only the corporate offices of the eight ELL affiliated Premier teams, but the Elite League teams as well. He then made his way back towards the Core and his own office.

Unfortunately that was when everything started to fall apart. As he concluded his visits with the final Inner Rim/Colonies Conference teams, the Denon Demons and the Hapes Consortium Buccaneers, he was left with a sense that they were not happy. Both teams had been loosely associated with the group from the Core that complained last season about the direction the Premier League was heading. He assured them that there would be no more Elite League interference. As a matter-of-fact, he was hoping to speak with the Commissioner of the ELL about the emanate promotion of the Patriots into the Elite ranks once more. But neither organization seemed too convinced by this.

As Agado started his journey towards the Core, he received an urgent message from his assistant demanding that he return to the PLL head office immediately. He complied and was shocked to find on his desk the Premiership Cup along with a message from the Chandrila Patriots and the rest of the Core Conference.
    Mr. Commissioner,
    Last season we voiced our displeasure at the lowering of our league to the ranks of nothing more than a development organization for the arrogant snobs of the ELL. You have taken the proud traditions of the honest, hardworking, blue collared players and fans, and thrown them into a sarlaac pit. Hence forth, the Core Conference, in its entirety, will be leaving the Premier Limmie League and joining with our sister organization, the Agamar Packers, to form the Galactic Championship League of Limmie. You may have your pathetic excuse of a League along with your tarnished cup.
    The filmsie slipped from his fingers and delicately drifted to the floor. Agado slowly slumped back into his chair when he realized why the meetings with Denon and Hapes had felt so strange. They knew what their associates were planning and were gauging the Commissioner. Agado now knew that if he did not tread lightly that he may start running out of teams to field a league.

None the less he continued on about the business of running a Limmie League. He published a memo stating that the Premeirship Playoffs would be organized similar to the old Galactic Cup Finals, six teams entered, one team prevailed. The six teams for the playoffs would consist of the three Conference Champions and the three teams with the best overall records that were not Conference Champions. The top two Conference Champions, based on overall record, would be granted quarterfinal byes.

He then put out the schedule:
    270 Premier League Limmie Schedule

Week 1
    Commenor Gundarks at Kashyyyk Rangers
    Druckenwell Marksmen at Balmorra Blasters
    Concordia Crusaders at Cloud City Sky Captains
    Kessel Runners at Fondor Freedom
    Bison Sabres at Thyferra Force
    Mon Calamari Mariners at Tatooine Sandskimmers
    Kamino Waves at Denon Demons
    Hapes Consortium Buccaneers at Bastion Imperial LC
    Toprawa Torpedoes at Naboo Ducks

Week 2
    Naboo Ducks at Hapes Consortium Buccaneers
    Bastion Imperial LC at Kamino Waves
    Denon Demons at Toprawa Torpedoes
    Fondor Freedom at Tatooine Sandskimmers
    Thyferra Force at Kessel Runners
    Cloud City Sky Captains at Mon Calamari Mariners
    Commenor Gundarks at Concordia Crusaders
    Kashyyyk Rangers at Druckenwell Marksmen
    Balmorra Blasters at Bison Sabres

Week 3
    Balmorra Blasters at Thyferra Force
    Kashyyyk Rangers at Kessel Runners
    Druckenwell Marksmen at Bison Sabres
    Commenor Gundarks at Denon Demons
    Concordia Crusaders at Bastion Imperial LC
    Cloud City Sky Captains at Kamino Waves
    Fondor Freedom at Hapes Consortium Buccaneers
    Mon Calamari Mariners at Toprawa

7. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post
    --Player Transaction Wire--
    Euceron Storm

--Lisamm Nay'lio (Bothan, Female, Defensive Coordinator) signed to two-year contract
    --Kallarump (Wookiee, Female, Right Corner Back) called up from reserves
    --Gorrkabukk (Wookiee, Male, Left Corner Back) called up from reserves
    Rydonni Prime Monarchs
    --Babs Wampa (Human, Female) assigned to Balmorra Blasters
    --Allie Nifer (Human, Female) assigned to Balmorra Blasters
    --Pia Riise (Human, Female) assigned to Balmorra Blasters
    --Anna(Zygerrian, Female) signed to two year rookie contract
    --Theb (Zygerrian, Female) signed to two year rookie contract
    --Chiron (Codru-Ji, Male) signed to two year rookie contract
    --Rayel Edare (Pantoran, Female) signed to two year rookie contract

OOC: That was a nice update. Short, to the point. Very--wait.

What's that.

No.

It can't be. EVERYBODY RUN FOR YOUR LIVES IT'S--!

[face_skull] [face_skull] SOMEWHAT ARBITRARY AND PROBABLY EVIL GM DECISION!!!!! [face_skull] [face_skull]

Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!

Yes, it is I, your benevolent-ish GM. Guess what? I have made a decision.

Seeing as the Coruscant Senators have summarily dismissed the services of Gark S'rily, they are no longer eligible for the bonus roll. Oh sure, Dirxx and company are still pretty good Limmie players...but they're missing a little something now that they don't have their fearless leader at the helm. However, seeing as Gark is basically the owner of the Thyferra Force, the Force are still eligible for a bonus roll.

Thank you, that is all.

Tag: JEDI. And everybody they play. So everybody.

P.S. Watch the Senators still totally own this season. Which will make us loathe them all the more.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  8. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    IC: Pamila Korthe
    Thyferra

Pam Korthe walked down the sidewalk of the big city. It was about two in the afternoon, and she was making her way to the store to pick up a few items. The Limmie season for her Thyferra Force squad was going to open in a few days, and she wanted to make sure that there were plenty of snacks to munch on while watching game film.

It was an odd sensation walking down the street, because people had certainly noticed her. And not just because she was rather attractive; many of them had mentioned Limmie in their comments in passing, so she had to guess that it had something to do with the Force. A 6-2 season had brought the team back into relevance; now it was time to go for broke and win a playoff game. Or, it would have been that way had the Chandrila Patriots not riled up Commissioner Agado, causing him to cut the playoffs short to just six teams instead of the old number of twelve. Now it would be even harder to get to the playoffs, since there were so many good teams in the League that would probably go on.

This had put her in a different mood. How could the Patriots do this? This Galactic Cup Championship, or whatever it was called, would be a joke. How could Chandrila survive having to almost go freelance? Also, it made it even more impossible for them to return to the Elite League, so what was there to gain? They had even won the PLL Championship; talk about a bunch of sore winners, she thought.

?Could you spare some change?? came a voice. Pam looked down to see the feet and legs of a Bothan. Their head was covered by a hat, and it was obvious that they were looking down. A ragged cup sat on the sidewalk, a few credits still in it.

Pam thought for a second, then decided to toss a credit chip in the cup. The stranger said nothing. ?Rough day, hunh?? Pam said. She didn?t expect the man to answer.

?You have no idea,? said the Bothan. ?Rough is an understatement of my current condition.?

?Aw, that?s a bummer,? Pam replied. She didn?t want to have to say any more, but the Bothan stopped her.

?That too is an understatement. You wouldn?t understand.?

?Understand what??

?I had everything ripped away from me, one piece at a time,? said the man. His hat was still down. ?You?d have to go through deep crap to get here.?

?Who are you?? Pam said. She lifted the hat, and looked directly into the eyes of someone she knew all too well. ?You!?

?Surprised to see me?? Gark S?rily said. With his hat gone, you could now tell that he had a black eye and some dried blood on his face. Obviously, he had gone through quite a bit of trouble.

?What the hell are you doing here?? Pam snapped. ?Get away from my team, you piece of . . .?

?What, just because I happen to be here doesn?t mean I?m trying to take over or anything,? Gark said. ?If you haven?t noticed, I?ve been sitting here begging for tidbits for the past three days.?

?You should have thought about that before you stole all that money!? Pam said. ?And get off that ground! You have all the money in the galaxy! Why should I believe anything you say??

?What money?? Gark said. ?All of my assets were frozen after I left Coruscant. All I have left with me are a few tokens from my former life. Or, I used to have them.?

?What do you mean used to??

?Isn?t it obvious?? Gark said. He pointed to his black eye. ?Got into a fight with a couple of toughs. They thought I was infringing on their territory, and beat the living crap out of me. They took all of my things, including both Langann Awards I got. No doubt those are being held at a pawn shop right now, and are worth quite a bit because of the name recognition on them. All I have left here is that cup right there and a few dozen credits to my name. So don?t tell me I shouldn?t be out here asking for spare change.?

?You?re despicable,? Pam said. ?But I can?t let you stay like this. I know you too well to just pass by. Here.? She stuck out her hand, and lifted Gark off of the ground. The Bothan wheezed and du

9. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    IC: Phil Brooks - Vandelhelm Jets

The season opener was a big one, a rematch of last years finals. It had all the makings of a classic rematch. That wa suntil it was found out that the Senator's fired their head coach.

As much as Coruscant may have been unhappy with this turn of events, Brooks was even more unhappy. That was his rival, the man he had a war with in the finals, maybe not on the field, but definitely in the game.

Never one to let what was on his mind stay just on his mind, Brooks let loose a tirade for all to here in an interview.

"So, as the news has been following, Coruscant has had a bit of a scandal."

"What a joke...you know, that organization is a sham, and a poor excuse of one at that. They wouldn't know what was good for anyone if it was spelled out to them on the money they so greedily try to line their pockets with. They had an amazing money maker here, the biggest star in the galaxy, Phil Brooks, and he was at odds with their coach, and the attention was on them, 'What are they going to do next?' Well that's gone now, and with baseless accusations. Let me tell you something, I have no love for Gark, and I know he has none for me, but what I do have for him is respect, respect for him as a man because he, unlike these corporate big wigs, takes care of his business like a man. Do I think he did what he is accused of? No, he didn't."

As the reporter went to ask another question, Brooks interrupted.

"And the fact that they are cutting Coruscant's team due to lack of profit is bull ****. They are on Coruscant, the capital of the Republic, the center of the galaxy, and they are not making money? Well if they aren't that's their fault for faulty business practices. Oh, and before the league executives start smiling because I'm on here saying this, you are just as much to blame here because you sit in your offices playing the big game of p.r. and money.....Coruscant, the E.L.L., they are billion credit businesses that should be making trillions. Why don't they make trillions? Because they surround themselves with 'yes man' executives like Esther Gondorf, who will tell Niakara Kayl?hen whatever she wants to here so she can go one making what she tells everoyne are good decisions for the game when they are just a load of p.r. and profit.

The reporter got the word in her ear piece to begin to end the segment, which suddenly cut out.

TAG: Gunny, Trieste

10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post
    League offices, Coruscant

Gondorf paused the replay of Brooks? comments to the media, freezing the image of the brash corner forward on the holoprojector. ?Don?t make me say it,? Gondorf said darkly.

?Five figures or six?? Kayl?hen asked calmly.

?Could we go for seven? You?d make my day,? Gondorf suggested.

?No?I think we?ll let this one slide. Criticism of the League is not necessarily a bad thing,? Kayl?hen said, ?Brooks is riding a nice little high after winning the Cup. But you know what they say about highs, don?t you??

?Eventually beings fall off them.?

?They often do?? Kayl?hen said. For now the League would do nothing?but Brooks was now very much on the radar of the Commissioner and the General Counsel.

Tag: JediMaster

[i]Vistor?s broadcast booth, Euceron Stadium, Eusebus, Euceron[/i]

?This is a presentation of Elite League Limmie and BBC Sports,? the deep voiced announcer intoned over the crest of both organization, shown in turn. The holofeed cut to a panoramic view of Euceron Stadium, filling with fans for the game.

?From Euceron, I?m Lun Selayen,? the thick mustached anchor said.

?And I?m Aerax Skytrayn,? his blonde counterpart said, ?Welcome to Miners Limmie on BBC Sports.?

[image=http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx302/jedisully/BBCnewsteam.jpg]

?It is of course and honor to be occupying this booth in the wake of a great sportscaster like Daly Lyster, and appropriately I have had two whiskeys before we even started broadcasting,? Lun said in a matter-of-fact manner.

Miss Skytrayn didn?t seem at all phased by this announcement. ?Lun and I will be partnering together to bring you Miner broadcasts both at home and on the road this season. I?ll be doing the play-by-play and??

?And I will be providing all the color commentary you?ll ever need. In fact, it?ll probably be better than the play-by-play. In fact, you should probably just mute the holoprojector until you see me. It?ll be better that way,? Lun said with a wink.

Aerax rolled her eyes. ?Before you do so, let?s go down to field level for an interview with Alana Glencross, who?s playing her first game as Miners captain today. Alana, thanks for joining us.?

?It?s a pleasure,? Alana said. The feed showed Alana in a blue and gold knit cap that was pulled down over her ears. Her hair was sticking out underneath the back, tied off in a ponytail. The standard short sleeved jersey and shorts of the Miners uniform were supplemented by a second layer of tight long sleeves and leggings. She had gloves on her

?Alana, how?s conditions down at field level today?? Aerax asked.

?This is some pretty hard turf down there. We?re going to have to use short cleats or we could twist some ankles down here,? Alana said, ?The conditions are clearly going to be a factor today. The Storm have an edge with some more familiarity, but we?re going to do our best to play through.?

?Does the team have a specific game plan for handling the weather today?? Aerax continues.

?Yeah. In a situation like this we?ve got to simplify our game plan and get back to the basics,? Alana said, ?It?s going to be important to grind it out down here.?

?Alana,? Lun interjected, ?You called this game in your interview with Marte Nalo ?the Winter Classic?. Care to elaborate on that??

?Yeah, it?s fra?frigging cold out here so it?s winter and I think we?re going to have a good game on our hands for the fans,? Alana said.

?There you have it, breaking news: it?s frigging cold out here on Euceron,? Lun said significantly to the home audience, ?That?s the sort of coverage you can only get on BBC Sports.?

?We?ll be right back with the start of the game,? Aerax said.

[b]Tag: jc[/b]

11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

As of yet, no announced move date so we will soldier on with the season! Bonus rolls to Bakura, Euceron, Mando'ade, Nar Shaddaa, Rydonni Prime, Thyferra, and Vandelhelm to open the season.

Week 1 Results
    Coruscant Senators at Vandelhelm Jets (32-3)
    Bakura Miners at Euceron Storm (13-5)
    Mando?ade Mercs at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers (3-27)
    Nadiem Chiefs at Rydonni Prime Monarchs (2-31)

Tag: Everyone

12. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    PLL Update

Week 1 Results
    Commenor Gundarks at Kashyyyk Rangers (26-27)
    Druckenwell Marksmen at Balmorra Blasters (19-35)
    Concordia Crusaders at Cloud City Sky Captains (40-15)
    Kessel Runners at Fondor Freedom (32-3)
    Bison Sabres at Thyferra Force (27-37)
    Mon Calamari Mariners at Tatooine Sandskimmers (31-27)
    Kamino Waves at Denon Demons (22-2)
    Hapes Consortium Buccaneers at Bastion Imperial LC (26-23)
    Toprawa Torpedoes at Naboo Ducks (14-7)

TAG: Everyone

13. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    IC: Pamila Korthe
    Thyferra

Pam looked at Gark, who was lounging out on the couch at her home. ?Look, I don?t want you to get into any trouble, OK? You need to promise me that you won?t just go off and do your own thing, got it? If you do anything sketchy, I?m going to throw you back out on the street.?

?Brutally honest there,? Gark said. ?But what gives you the idea that I would do anything dangerous??

?If I catch you with one little slip-up,? Pam started.

?Don?t worry,? Gark said. ?I understand everything you said, loud and clear.?

Pam turned towards the door.

?Oh, and Pam?? Gark said. The Zeltron coach turned. ?Good luck today.?

?Thanks,? she said, rather confused. Here was a disgraced former Limmie coach, sacked on the couch at her home, telling her to go out and win a Limmie game. How much weirder could this week have gotten for her? She shut the door and hopped into her speeder for the short ride out to Byree Clearing. It was game day at Thyferra Stadium against the Bison Sabres. Her Thyferra Force had clobbered the Sabres the season before on Bison, but the Force had lost several players since then. Who knew how the new blood would react to their first game with a new team?

Once Gark heard Pam leave, he stood up and walked over to the HoloNet terminal in her house. Sitting down in the chair, he started to surf for information. Not Limmie information, but legal documents. There was no way he was going to let Calo Mornd get the best of him. No one tricked Gark S?rily that easily.

Pam opened the door to her house. Her Force team had racked up 37 points in a blowout win of the Sabres. The new players, namely Maff Biskis and Wylega Zola, had hit the Sabres over the head again and again on their way to a breakout debut with their new team. Overall, it had been a good team performance, and Pam was glad to be headed to Kessel the next week with a 1-0 record.

When she opened the door, she noticed that Gark was gone. As was her wallet. The little thief had stolen her money, and had now made himself scarce. Pam wanted to yell at herself for being so naïve to let such a thief get access to her home and then take off with her cash.

After five minutes of searching, she found her wallet sitting next to the HoloNet terminal. What had the Bothan bought now, with her money? She opened the wallet, and scanned its contents. Everything was still there. Or, everything except one small item: her library card. Out of the entire wallet, only that item was missing. Well, he had stolen something, but what good would a library card do for him, anyways? Pam decided to pay the library a little visit.

[hr]

?What the hell are you doing here?? Pam insisted once she had found the Bothan. He was sitting at a corner table, and had about ten datapads surrounding him. Gark held up a finger, and pointed to the other tables around him. People were giving Pam dirty looks, probably for speaking too loudly in a library. She instantly realized the problem, and then sat down. ?I repeat my question,? she whispered.

?Much better,? Gark said. ?Look, I know I probably shouldn?t have come . . .?

?That?s right you shouldn?t! I thought you took all my money!?

?Why do you keep thinking that I?m a thief?? Gark groaned. ?Look, I?ve been in here the past few hours trying to find something of use for my case.?

?What case??

?The case to clear my name in Galactic Court,? Gark replied. ?I?m innocent, Pam. I was framed, OK? Mornd has no case in my mind. But the courts would think otherwise, especially since the public opinion already seems to condemn me on the spot. I know it?s going to be a long road to clear my name, but you know something, I?m going to do it. Even if it takes me ten years, I?m going to beat Mornd at his own game. You wouldn?t understand, though. Fame has a steep price to it.?

?Like what??

?Pam, I?ve won two Langanns and a Galactic Cup championship as a Limmie coach,? Gark said. ?I?ve been to the very top, and seen how nice i

14. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Carly Fyres
    Fyre Storm Studio

?Good evening, Nar Shaddaa. The past few weeks have been very, very, busy for the Limmie sports world. Gark S?rily was removed from his position as general manager of the Coruscant Senators following an alleged stealing incident from a charity. All of us here at Fyre Storm recognize that Gark S?rily revolutionized the way the general manager position, let alone a professional Limmie team, handled their affairs. He took a terrible franchise and made them contenders, whatever you do in the future, Gark, know that though the Smugglers have been your biggest rivals, we also respect your hard work and dedication to the Senators organization.?

?Newly installed Smugglers offensive coordinator James Tronnheim took a page out of the beat down book this past game day as the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers, firing on all cylinders, defeated the Mando?ade Mercs in a stunning show of offensive firepower. From my observations of the game, the new pieces brought in to revitalize the Smugglers offense are fitting in well together and I although I was skeptical of the acquisition of Ankylo, after a year off from the league, I think this young being could go far if he stays away from the law. The Smugglers are 1-3 all time against the Mercs.?

?Tonight?s special guest, our very own Ssi-Ruu, Ankylo,? Fyres announced.

The intimidating reptile emerged from the green room and stepped onto the studio floor. Quickly finding a seat, Fyres shook his hand and through a translator began to ask him questions.

?How does it feel to be back with the Smugglers??

?Having that year off helped me grow and develop as a being. I no longer am as prone to anger as I used to be during my youth,? Ankylo replied.

?How do you like the way you?re being used in the offense??

?Full Forward is my natural position. When I?m in the zone, nobody can stop me. Nobody. The Mercs found that out a few days ago. They call my area, ?Ankylo Swamp?.?

?Ankylo Swamp, huh? Wow. So team sources tell me you have developed a sort of theme song for yourself. Sing it in the locker room, every time you knock a player out of the game, things like that, this true??

?Yeah, well, you know you?ve got to do something to pass the time. I think it has just the right ring to it. A good friend of mine sung it for me. I?ve got a copy if you?d like to play it,? Ankylo offered.

?Yeah, sure, let?s hear it,? Carly replied, slipping the card into a nearby reader.

What happened next got the audience laughing, singing along, and roaring, as Ankylo danced in a funky reptile way to a song
    that somehow fit his lumbering self.

Well Ankylo was a Ssi-Ruu,
    He lived by himself in the swamp.
    He hunted alligators for a livin,
    He just knocked 'em in the head with a stump.
    The Roon law gonna get ya Ankylo
    It ain't legal hunting alligators down in the swamp, boy

Well everybody blames his old man,
    For makin' him mean as a snake,
    When Ankylo was a boy
    His daddy would use him for alligator bait.
    Tie a rope around his neck, and throw him in the swamp,
    Alligator bit him in a Roon bayou

About 45 minutes southeast of Nime, Roon
    Lived a man named Doc Milsap and his pretty wife Hanna
    hey raised up a son who could eat up his weight in groceries,
    Named him after a man of the cloth,
    Called him Ankylo

Well, the folks around south Roon
    Said Ankylo was a hell of a lizard
    He could trap the biggest, the meanest alligator
    And just use one hand
    That's all he's got left cause an alligator bit him
    Left arm gone clean up to the elbow

Well the sheriff caught wind that Ankylo
    Was in the swamp huntin' alligator skins
    So he snuck in the swamp, gonna getcha boy,
    But he never come out again.
    Well, I wonder where the Roon sheriff went to?
    You can sure get lost in a Roon bayou!

About 45 minutes southeast of Nime, Roon
    Lived a man named Doc Milsap and his pretty wife Hanna
    They raised a son who could eat up his weight in groceries,
    Named him after a man of the cloth,
    Called him Ankylo

Fyres, laughing her hea

15. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    OOC: Done in consultation with Trieste. Enjoy!

IC: Marte Nalo (sort of)

Time: 1758, Tuesday after home game against Miners

Marte put the last of the groceries in the freezer and forced the door closed. It popped back open, and Marte sighed. He had overestimated the amount of space in the freezer while at the grocery store. Pulling a couple of the largest items out, he handed them to Jaria. "Here, fix these for dinner tonight."

"I had something else planned."

"Well, these won't fit in the freezer." He slammed the freezer door shut and noted with a smile that this time it stayed shut. Jaria set to work fixing dinner while Marte plopped down on the couch and turned the video display on to the galactic HSN channel to see what game they had selected for Limmie Replay tonight. He was pleasantly surprised to find that it was the "Winter Classic", as Glencross had termed it on Friday.

As the replay began, Marte was a bit horrified at the sound of his own voice. "I sound like that?"

"Yup."

Marte spun around to find Tendra leaning on the back of the couch with a grin on her face. "Did I say that out loud?"

"Yup."

"You wanna sit down and watch the game with me?"

"Yup." She climbed up the couch and rolled over, landing next to Marte.

Marte shook his head. Kids. "You gonna say anything other than 'yup'?"

"Yes." Tendra couldn't hold the straight face, which quickly dissolved into laughter?both hers and her father's.

They eventually quieted down and focused on the game replay.

0:45 remaining in first half
    "Glencross feeds it to Rodders. He dodges one, two hits, looks for an open player, can't find anyone, and launches it at the goalposts, easily good for a single. Miners lead 4?2, all singles to this point."

"Yeah, Cedkin, this has been a low-scoring affair as we expected with the snow. No goals to this point; both teams really struggling to figure out the snow. Euceron was expected to have an edge based on their experience at the friendly three weeks ago, but that hasn't materialized. Footing has been unsure; several players have slipped and gone down on their own. Kicking has been almost non-existent, and even long throws have been rare with the difficulty of setting your feet. That single we just saw from Rodders is about the longest throw we've seen today that's gone where it was intended to. As time runs out here in the first half, both teams will make adjustments in the locker room, and I think the team that makes the better adjustment is going to win this."

"And we know all about Talley's knack for halftime adjustments."

[voiceover by Lann Helkin, taken from post-game press conference] "The vast majority of the play seemed to be in the middle eight. I think the ball only came to our front three seven times all game, and when it did, we couldn't set our feet to get the accuracy we needed for goals. Hell, the footing was so bad we couldn't even score singles for the most part."

[voiceover by Nancheka Stormborn, taken from post-game interview in the locker room] "It's a hell of a way to be welcomed to pro Limmie. We prepped hard for the snow. I don't think that the Storm did anything too surprising in the first half?we were just adjusting to the conditions and the thermal bodywear the trainers had insisted we use. Only Uncia didn't wear any and that's 'cause his jet black fur kept him insulated enough it wasn't a health risk. But what a way to come out of junior Limmie."

22:50 remaining in second half
    "I'm still not sure what the Miners did in the locker room," admitted Marte, "but whatever it is, it's working."

"Indeed it is, as they work the ball up the field. Glencross takes the pass, dodges Vorn, and launches it upfield... to Andersen, who crosses to Tah?GOAL! The first goal of the game, and it's scored by the rookie Talz, Muzzi Tah. Miners now up 8?2.

[voiceover by Corrie Andersen] "No, I'm not just a scorer. I'll pass too. I'll take an assist any day of the week. If we're putting points on

16. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    IC: Phil Brooks - Vandelhelm Jets

"SUSPENDED!?!?" Brooks yelled as coach Sepium handed him his punishment for his outburst. "For going out there and telling the truth!?"

"It's bad press. I'm sorry, this may be a big opener, but you have been suspended for the season."

"I see how it is, all the other stars are jealous of me, the best in the galaxy, so they want me out of the picture." Phil retorted.

"It's not that, it is nothing personal."

"Exactly, and that's the problem. real coaches go to bat for their players." Phil said as he walked out of the office, slamming the door behind him.

Coruscant delivered a beat down on Vandelhelm. Not letting much get going on either side, the team was off.

Disappointed, Yore knew what he had to do.

[b]TAG: Gunny for game, no one for week(yet)[/b]

17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Euceron Stadium, Eusebus, Euceron

The Miners walked off the field, the heat visible rising off them in the frigid air. They?d come in today with an essentially conservative game plan: lots of ground game, not much aerial attack, and an expectation that they were going to be battered by weather as well as by the Storm. That provided to be right. It had been an in-the-trenches kind of game, a lot of it played at midfield and Alana had seen plenty of action today as the bolo-ball had zipped up and down the field going through her position most of the time. Most games Alana would balk at being pulled out, preferring to give a 60 minute effort. With the conditions and the heavy workload, she was just fine when Talley brought in a replacement for her in the second. It meant she got to put on one of the ground-length parkas the team had ordered with the thermals and she could try to get warm again with the hood up over her head.

The Miners and Storm had been evenly matched?much more so than most of the other Elite League games would turn out to be. Alana had a feeling that not only was it good to have started the season with a win, but this could be a tiebreak they?d be very glad to have on their side at the end of the season.

Postgame questions for Alana, which she chose to take at the visitor?s press table rather than in the locker room, largely centered around her hit on Ryric Nertrayn early in the second half.

?Alana, thoughts about the hit on Nertrayn??

?I thought it was clean. There wasn?t a penalty on it, so I guess it was,? Alana replied.

?Was it intentional??

?No, that hit absolutely was not intentional. I was going hard for the ball and it was hard to get traction on the field today. I mean, there wasn?t a lot of reaction time for either of us there. I mean, I?d have to look at the footage, but I think his head was down a bit too. It's just not a good situation."

?Do you think you?ll need to justify it to the League??

?I?ll deal with that if I receive an inquiry about it,? Alana stated.

?Alana, first win as captain. Feel good??

?This was a tough game. We had to play physical, we had to grind it out, and we had to fight the weather,? Alana said, ?It?s good to win the tough ones. I think it speaks well to our character. I know we had our issues in the preseason, but I?d rather have them then than now. I mean, look at what happened this week to the Jets. Reigning champions and they get smoked at home by the Senators? I?m not going to throw stones and all, but they didn?t play any friendlies. I know there?s an injury risk, but I think that we made the right call to help the team coalesce.?

?Mando?ade played a friendly and they got just as much of a thrashing by Nar Shaddaa. If your argument holds, then why did they do so poorly??

?The Mercs played their farm team, right?? Alana said, ?I?m not much for keeping things in house like that. You don?t get challenged. Cundertol specifically went out and scheduled us games against Premiership playoff teams that were going to challenge us. They did and we learned from it. I?m not sure how much the Mercs learned from that. But everybody, before you go saying, ?Alana Glencross says that you need friendly games to play well,? let?s get the record straight. They?re no guarantee of anything. But I do think they?re valuable opportunities to learn things about your team early and start the regular season at full speed.?

?Alana, you guys take Coruscant next week at home. Dominating play by them on the road as they start their gigantic road trip. They didn?t play a friendly and they?re picking up right where they left off. Now that they?re next on the docket, what?s the plan??

?I leave the plan to the coaching staff. Clearly, Coruscant is always a big game. If this is really going to be our last shot at them, then I?d like to go out with a win,? Alana said, ?I mean, if they do fold, it?s going to be a shame. I?d really like to see someone, maybe a consortium of investors, step up and save the team.

18. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC Beskaryc Taab
    Team offices, Mando'ade Mercs, Keldabe, Manda'yaim

The team had been throughly trounced on Nar Shaddaa. The team had been outplayed by a faster, leaner opponent than themselves. The Mercs had been built on a power offense and stout defense, but they had proven to be too slow this past week against the Smugglers new Flow Six offense.

But Taab wasn't panicing just yet. After all last season had started with a resounding victory over their rival Miners, and look how that had turned out. The important thing now was to make sure this one loss didn't snowball into a losing streak. Here the schedule was kind to them, they had a home game upcoming against the Euceron Storm. The Mercs wouldn't have to deal with weather there.

Than again, maybe bad weather would be a good thing for the Mercs to play in right now, it certainly suited their style of play better. It also would have made for an interesting challenge. Still both the Mercs and Storm were coming off of a season opening loss, they would both be fighting for their lives to get that first win of the season. It would hopefully be a good match.

He had also caught the comments made by the Miner's newly minted full Captain. The comments Glencross had made about the friendly schedule had gotten Taab thinking. They had kept their friendlies in house as a reward for the players of the developmental team as well as the fans. A chance for everyone to play together. They hadn't really been seen as a practical run up to the regular season, but as exhibition matches. The thinking was that mando meshgeroya was superior to the other forms played by the aruetiise.

But this past season had showed that perhaps that was not always the case. Maybe it would do them some good to expand their horizons and play against a different style even in the pre-season. Mandos had never been shy about "borrowing" the best in technology and tactics from others when it came to warfare. Why not apply that to meshgeroya as well? Very few teams seemed to play the power offense anymore anyway, and while the Mercs prepared for other styles during the season, perhaps they should do so before the season started as well.

The team had received numerous requests from PLL teams to play in friendlies this past off-season. The Kamino Waves in particular had lobbied very heavily to host such a game. Taab had written them all off without so much as a thought. Next year that would change.

For now though not much could be done by team ownership. The season had begun, it was up to the players on the field and the coaches on the sidelines to do the best with what had been given them. Hopefully it would lead to their first win and a chance at this year's playoffs.

TAG: No one

19. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    IC: Coruscant Senators
    Training Facility, week before game at Vandelhelm

?Work harder!? Aileen Wynn yelled at the Senators players. There were only a few days left until the season opener at Vandelhelm, and Wynn wanted to see what this team was made of. Sure there were a lot of good players wearing the orange and black, but were they good enough for her? She had always despised the Senators, and this was why; they just didn?t know how to play Limmie. Who cared if they were successful? In her eyes, they were a pitiful band of rogues masquerading as Limmie players.

There was an air of resentment around Aileen, and she could tell that some of the players weren?t trying very hard. Oh well, she thought, in ten minutes she would show them not to disrespect their coach. This was her team now, and the players were just going to have to deal with it. Even if no one liked her, as long as that paycheck came in, it was all good.

Finally, she rounded up all of the players. ?I don?t want to see weakness, you sissies!? she yelled. ?You?re a bunch of meat bags who couldn?t play Limmie to save your life! Pathetic excuses for players, all of you are. Go and serve me lunch at a diner, because none of you are clearly cut out for this kind of game. And you,? she walked up to Dirxx Horstse, who raised an eyebrow as he stared down at the tiny Hapan coach. ?You?re a pathetic captain. You couldn?t lead an army of anything without tripping over your own feet. You people make me sick because you are all so damn arrogant. Thinking you?re so much better than the rest of us because you have four arms or because you?re taller than the rest. Well, try this on for size.? She reached out and grabbed a hold of Dirxx?s jersey, tearing the ?C? off of it and then stomping on it with her foot. ?This is for your own good, you whiny windbag,? she said, spitting on the broken letter. ?No one disrespects me, especially not a worthless piece of crap like you. This better be a lesson to all of you, because I won?t be having a captain on this team until such a point where someone worthy, and I mean real worthy, steps forward and takes it. And don?t get your hopes up, you scum. I don?t want any trash leading my team, and all of you ain?t worth anything in my book. Worthy people only for the captaincy, and that?s final.? She stalked away, leaving the players in shock. Dirxx was the most confused out of any of them. He reached down and picked up the letter off the ground.

?Who does she think she is?? Polis Vayne said. ?What a slimy, no-good . . .?

?Easy, Polis,? Shayt Contar said. ?Don?t go mouthing off now.?

?Why not?? Polis shot back. ?I?m not taking this from her. She?s clearly just an old hag who can?t bear to see us play our game. Boy, at this rate I?m going to hope that this year ends soon so I can get out of here and not have to deal with any crap from her.?

?Don?t say that,? Shayt said. ?We?ll figure out a way.?

?There is no way, Shayt,? Polis said. ?We?re screwed here because Mornd wants his moment of glory before cutting operations down. What a loser he is, signing a coach that he knows hates our guts and changing the name of the stadium out of his own vanity. What do we get out of the deal? A pay cut.?

All the while, Dirxx was still staring at the letter. Part of the curve of the ?C? was missing, still left on the ground where it had been pushed in by Wynn?s foot.

?Why is she such a ***?? someone said.

?Don?t you know?? Polis said. ?Wynn got fired by Bakura quite a few years ago because they weren?t up to snuff. Apparently she got herself a boyfriend right afterwards, and things went downhill fast from there. What I heard was that she got into an ugly divorce about three months ago, and has been in an even dirtier custody battle for the past month or so. And now she wants to take that out on us.?

?I?m not taking this,? Dirxx said.

?What?? Polis asked.

?She?s pushed me too far,? Dirxx said, his back still turned to the others. ?So I?ll push back. I?m sittin

20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Bakura Gardens, Salis D'aar, Bakura

Alana's comment that the Senators/Miners game was going to "Ladies Night" had, like most throwaway comments that people never intended to become "a thing", became a thing. In fact, it was courtesy of the resourceful Miners marketing staff that declared that there would be discount concessions for females at Bakura Gardens for the game. Including on beer. All of a sudden it was the ladies dragging their gents to a Limmie game.

The team noticed the fact that the stands had a decidedly more feminine slant during the warm up. In fact, it seemed like about every five seconds there was some gaggle of ladies that suddenly would yell, "WOO!"

"Why do they keep doing that?" Uncia asked Alana in confusion as they stood next to each other, warming up Delphy with some shots so she could get the feel of the ball.

"Doing what?" Alana asked with knit brow.

"That noise. The woo thing," Uncia said.

"Women do it when they go out and drink sometimes," Alana said.

"It's usually to mask insecurities," Nancheka said with a smile, "You should hear Alana on a Friday night. She'll woo."

"Not true," Alana retorted.

"Is too!"

"Says you."

The Cathar gave a hissing laugh at the exchange. He flipped a ball up to his hands with his feet and ran in to give Delphy some practice on breakaways. His void was filled by Andersen, who was looking across the field to the Coruscant sideline with a less than friendly look.

"I imagine you would hate those guys a lot," Alana commented, referring to Corrie's past with Nar Shaddaa.

"I do, but that's not it. Why are they making nice with her?" Corrie replied, jutting her chin out at where Dorf and Adanna who had approached Aileen Wynn on the sideline and were chatting with her.

"She's a friend of theirs. Lots of players have friends on other teams. It's the way of things," Alana said.

"Yeah, but why does one have to be her?" Corrie mumbled.

Adanna and Dorf parted from Wynn to head back to practice. Adanna stayed to chat with some of her old teammates on the Senators. Alana continued her practice, but noticed when Inviere returned she looked somewhat troubled. Her head clearly wasn't in the practice. Alana wondered if perhaps Adanna was having second thoughts about leaving the Senators where she would have been reunited with Wynn. She had to have formed strong bonds with a lot of the players on the Senators and facing them now would be hard.

The team shortly returned to the locker room to get ready for the game. It was as good a point as any to see what was bothering Adanna.

"Hey, what's the matter?" Alana asked gently.

"It's nothing," Adanna said with a wave of her hand.

"No, seriously, what?"

Adanna sighed. "She's changed. Wynn wasn't like that. Not when I knew her. She's harder now. She was always demanding, but not this way. And Dirxx and Polis are sitting out. Shev too. It's in protest. The Aileen Wynn I knew didn't bring out that kind of thing. She inspired you by being a tough frakker who challenged you to be your best." Adanna closed her eyes and shook her head. "Sad. Guess I got out while the getting was good. It would have been too tough for me."

"She's not the same," Dorf Landa said from one spot down, "She's saying she was fired? I remember when she left. And that's how it happened. She left. Not the other way around. There were no bad feelings then."

"I wonder what happened..." Adanna murmured.

There wasn't any further time to think about it because the coaching staff came in at that instant. It was game prep time.

"Okay, so you've probably heard that Horstse, Vayne, and Fil'yer are sitting," Talley said, getting straight down to business, "Everyone in this room knows that the Senators run one of the deepest benches in the League so we are not going to see your regular second stringers here. We have got to be on our game. Keyan, let's break it down up front..."

It was business time.

The Miners had decided to have a little fun with the evening's theme. As she ha

21. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    IC: Setarcos Rhemes
    Monarchs Head Coach?s Office
    All the excitement of the past week had overloaded the Head Coach's system and he had spent the following week laid up at home with a nasty sinus infection. The thing that he kept mulling over in his mind was the fact that Ila was running his practice sessions and prepping the team to get ready for this weeks match against the Mercs.

This was a vital match for them since the Mercs would be looking for revenge for losing to the Monarchs last season, they also knocked the Mercs out of the post season with the same victory, and this was going to be the Monarchs' last home game until the season finale. After the way Ila's defense put a strangle hold on the Chiefs offence last week, Setarcos hopped they could do the same with the offensively struggling Mercs.

All he knew is that he needed to shake this illness or he was going to run the risk of losing his job to Ila.
    TAG: Bardan

22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus rolls to Bakura, Euceron, Mando'ade, Nar Shaddaa, Rydonni Prime, Thyferra, and Vandelhelm.

Elite League Week 2 Results
    Vandelhelm Jets at Rydonni Prime Monarchs (2-36)
    Coruscant Senators at Bakura Miners (25-10)
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Nadiem Chiefs (18-5)
    Euceron Storm at Mando?ade Mercs (11-24)

Tag: Everyone

23. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    PLL Update

Week 2 Results
    Naboo Ducks at Hapes Consortium Buccaneers (4-31)
    Bastion Imperial LC at Kamino Waves (5-6)
    Denon Demons at Toprawa Torpedoes (24-15)
    Fondor Freedom at Tatooine Sandskimmers (29-25)
    Thyferra Force at Kessel Runners (15-27)
    Cloud City Sky Captains at Mon Calamari Mariners (17-3)
    Commenor Gundarks at Concordia Crusaders (18-4)
    Kashyyyk Rangers at Druckenwell Marksmen (20-32)
    Balmorra Blasters at Bison Sabres (31-8)

TAG: Everyone

OOC: I don't know what I was looking at last night when I posted about the Mercs being the Monarchs next match. Just replace Jets for Mercs :p

24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Query

The move has been announced as starting March 21. Because by this point we will be halfway done with the season, I would like opinions from everybody about whether or not you would like to do either A) an extended "flashback" to in between the 269 and 270 season or B) a midseason break. The consideration to keep in mind here is whether you would want to be able to have the events of the first three weeks of the season to draw upon in your posts during the interlude game. As reference, there will be scores posted in the interlude game with usual bonus rolls attached.

A reminder to save your character sheets and, if you desire, your team sheets. All of your character sheets are pre-approved for the interlude game so please post them as soon as possible. There will only be three full days for posting before the first set of scores are released. At least three sets of scores will be posted during the game. If people are open to the idea, I may shorten the time between games as a result of the uncertainty in terms of how long the boards are down. If need be, we will roll the scores over into the new boards when they come back up so we can complete the interlude game.

[b]IC: [color=orangered]Alana Glencross[/color][/b]
    [i]Press Room, Bakura Gardens, Salis D'aar, Bakura[/i]

"Alana, you were down 12-9 at the half and then got skunked in the second half. We all know that Big John likes his halftime adjustment. Did this fail?"

"I think we had problems today," Alana said, "No doubt about it. We let this game get away from us. Yes, we made our adjustments like usual, but Coruscant did the same and frankly they saw what we were going to do, or they guessed it, and they blocked us. We got stymied completely in the second half and they poked our weak spots."

"Is this more a case of your problems or their being good?"

"The Senators have always been good. I think that Aileen Wynn has not received proper credit for what she's done with the Senators in these first two games. To come out of retirement like this and to dominate the way she has. If she keeps this up she's winning the Langann. Hands down. She's taken a good team that was hurt by some injuries and has made it even better. All due credit to her for a game well played today," Alana said.

"So you guys got outcoached then?"

"No, I think we faced a very formidable coach. But we didn't execute. We can play better this and we have to play better than this. This was our fourth competitive game as a team and we need to have the kinks worked out by this point," Alana said, "Our play is not excused by the performance of our opponents. We need to be better, myself included."

"The rookies struggled today out there, visibly. Are we looking at a rebuilding year for the Miners?"

"You are asking me at 1-1 if we're looking at a rebuilding year? That's ridiculous. I'm not going to answer that," Alana said in disgust.

"So you won't answer the question?"

"No, I won't," Alana replied, "We are sitting in fourth place right now, playoff position, and we have five games to play. We're here to compete and we're in a position to do it. We're not thinking about anything else but that right now. We'll shake this one off and get right back to it."

"Alana, you host the Monarchs next week here at Bakura Gardens. They're sitting in first place and obviously hot right out of the gate like Coruscant has been. Are you going to do anything differently to be better prepared for them?"

"Personally, no. I have my pregame routines and I don't mess with them, win or loss. As a team, you'll need to talk to the coaching staff about that."

"You've praised Wynn for her work. There's a lot of talk about the energy that Ila Reiger has brought to the Monarchs' defense. Thoughts about that?"

"I think I?d like to crack it,? Alana said with a smile.

?One last question Alana: two years ago the Monarchs played their first Elite League game here at Bakura Gardens. After the game, which was a win for you guys, you said that you thought that the Monarchs had a lot of potential to become a

25. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC Beskaryc Taab
    Team offices Mando'ade Mercs, Keldabe, Manda'yaim

The Mercs had their first win of the season. It was a hard fought game against the Storm, but in the end the score had not been all that close. So now the Mercs stood in the same position as they had after two games last season. 1-1, with their only win against a winless team. They were outside the playoff picture for the moment, but with most of the season left to be played it was too soon to be thinking too much about the standings anyway.

What he was concerned about was the upcoming game against the defending champion Jets. They had come out of the gate with the typical Galactic Cup hangover that most teams seemed to suffer. But they were too good a team to still be without a win, so at 0-2 they were primed for a victory at home against the Mercs.

The players and coaches knew this too, and they were preparing for the hostile environment. More hand signals and less verbal communication were the order of the day. It would be difficult to hear over the raucous crowd of a fanbase hungry to celebrate the year's first win. But still, it was a winable game. Last season these two teams had played to a tie in regulation, and even though the Mercs had lost in overtime, they were very closely matched. It would also be the Mercs last road game until the season finale at Bakura. Taab idly wondered if that game would coincide with that frivolous local celebration again. He shook his head. No don't think about the Miners, all thought must be devoted to beating the Jets. A win would put the Mercs above .500, a loss would leave them struggling to get their heads above water. It was too early to say a game was a must win, but this game would certainly help chart the course for the rest of the season.

TAG: No one really.

OOC: I will be there for the interlude game assuming we have enough other people to run it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.